Superman Vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
They fight somewhere where lots of dense and strong steel(not necesarily adamantium level) is lying around.

FIGHT.

Bentley
Supes knocks him out with speed and says:

"I know why you're under Cyclops's orders now"

pinksushi1
Magneto has a very fast reaction time. Magneto rips him in half.

ares834
Originally posted by pinksushi1
How?

Bentley
The only way Magneto rips him in half is having the characters switch their names.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ares834
How? With his bare hands hysterical

ares834
Originally posted by pinksushi1
lol. Just noticed he is the same person who says Nate rips Prime in half...

Colossus-Big C
superman attacks magneto

aftermath \/

Magneto can take this if he is allowed to start the battle with his shields up, or if SM does not blitz immediatily (which is often the case) and he has time to raise them.

Original Smurph
Superman could fairly easily vibrate through his shields.

Omega Vision
Superman. Magneto is lucky his world doesn't have a proactive and sane hero with Superman's power.

Originally posted by Original Smurph
Superman could fairly easily vibrate through his shields.

I doubt it. IIRC the explanation behind that is that because most matter is 'empty' space - electrons are distant form the nucleus and each other - by vibrating in a certain frequency you can ignore the repulsion between the charges and pass through the atom's empty spaces somehow. M's shields aren't matter though, they are force and don't have such holes on them so I dont' see that working.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman. Magneto is lucky his world doesn't have a proactive and sane hero with Superman's power.

There was the Phoenyx, she was leagues above superman. There are others too, he handles them like every antagonist who is up against a lot more people, some of whom are more powerfull than him, does: he plays it smart and uses what power he has, which is very impressive, better than they do

And are you saying SM is proactive? Lex Luthor reached the presidency of his country for christ's sake. He is as reactive and self-inhibited as they come. If Magneto moved to the DC universe he'd be a major threat to their status quo.

Back to the fight I think he has a good chance here.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
I doubt it. IIRC the explanation behind that is that because most matter is 'empty' space - electrons are distant form the nucleus and each other - by vibrating in a certain frequency you can ignore the repulsion between the charges and pass through the atom's empty spaces somehow. M's shields aren't matter though, they are force and don't have such holes on them so I dont' see that working.
Most shields that Superman thwarts are like that.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by 753
Are you saying SM is proactive? Lex Luthor reached the presidency of his country. No, he never said that...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Are you saying SM is proactive? Lex Luthor reached the presidency of his country.
He is proactive, but he couldn't do shit to Luthor considering Luthor was elected legally. Superman would probably be unable to touch a guy like Dr. Doom (unless Doom did something really horrible and Superman decided to ignore his Diplomatic Immunity) but a guy like Magneto would quickly find himself in jail courtesy of Big Blue.

He is proactive, but he couldn't do shit to Luthor considering Luthor was elected legally. Superman would probably be unable to touch a guy like Dr. Doom (unless Doom did something really horrible and Superman decided to ignore his Diplomatic Immunity) but a guy like Magneto would quickly find himself in jail courtesy of Big Blue.

He is not proactive at all. And he could have done a lot to Luthor but his own moral inhibitions prevented that. Luthor's presidency was all full of horrible horrible deeds and he knew for a fact that luthor was a mass murdering sociopath.

chomperx9
superman wins if he makes the move 1st of course.

magneto wins if he gets a piece of metal around superman before superman makes a move.

Colossus-Big C
superman is the man of steel and diamond>steel so magneto wins.

tideoftime
Superman. Magneto is very powerful (generally - not counting current plot complications), but against Supes he'll be really hard pressed to make any majorities. I *could* see him getting at least a couple of wins, however, via specific circumstances and mild PIS/CIS on Clark's part.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
He is not proactive at all. And he could have done a lot to Luthor but his own moral inhibitions prevented that. Luthor's presidency was all full of horrible horrible deeds and he knew for a fact that luthor was a mass murdering sociopath.
He's proactive, not stupid. Most people didn't know of Lex's true nature and Superman couldn't prove anything. If he had just arrested Lex Luthor it would have just been a public embarassment for him. Luthor was untouchable. He does things by the book but if you look at JLA/Avengers you can see that Superman thought the heroes of Marvel didn't do near enough and that they had allowed their world to seemingly go to shit. Thor doesn't do nearly as much to help the world as Superman does.

tideoftime
He's proactive, not stupid. Most people didn't know of Lex's true nature and Superman couldn't prove anything. If he had just arrested Lex Luthor it would have just been a public embarassment for him. Luthor was untouchable. He does things by the book but if you look at JLA/Avengers you can see that Superman thought the heroes of Marvel didn't do near enough and that they had allowed their world to seemingly go to shit. Thor doesn't do nearly as much to help the world as Superman does.

That is dead-on accurate. I agree whole-heartedly.

quanchi112
He's proactive, not stupid. Most people didn't know of Lex's true nature and Superman couldn't prove anything. If he had just arrested Lex Luthor it would have just been a public embarassment for him. Luthor was untouchable. He does things by the book but if you look at JLA/Avengers you can see that Superman thought the heroes of Marvel didn't do near enough and that they had allowed their world to seemingly go to shit. Thor doesn't do nearly as much to help the world as Superman does. How doesn't Thor?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
How doesn't Thor?
He kind of sits on his cloud a lot. I know he's a God so it follows that he'd be less involved but if he was half as active in human affairs as Superman is Marvel would be a much nicer place. Or worse, who knows.

Lord Feron

in comic he would still have trouble. IN a pis cis free eviroment ge should destroy mags. Since he there are no stips here, Supes should win with little trouble.

Even with sheil;ds up, supes pounding away at him, I do not think he would be able to do his more exotic moves (iron manipulation and black hole creation) while withstanding a flurry of supes punches.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.