Wonder Woman & Batman vs The X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

American Dragon
The Amazon Champion & The Dark Knight against The X-Men in a 2 on 6. The X-Men Line up consists of Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus, Gambit, Nightcrawler and Iceman.

JakeTheBank
Depends on PIS, CIS, BFR being on or off, prep time, etc.

Typically, I'd say split mainly because of Diana and Iceman.

Bentley
Iceman can't do squat to Diana. In fact, Wonder Woman solos rather easily.

galactusischere
Full Potential Iceman can do alot of damage. Maybe even solo.

Bentley
Originally posted by galactusischere
Full Potential Iceman can do alot of damage. Maybe even solo.

Like hell.

He goes to sleep with the lasso of truth.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Bentley
Like hell.

He goes to sleep with the lasso of truth.

How does the lasso entrap Mist?
After Bobby kills Batman he freezes WW long enough to cop an adamantium strike via teleported NightCrawler

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
How does the lasso entrap Mist?
After Bobby kills Batman he freezes WW long enough to cop an adamantium strike via teleported NightCrawler

The lasso has many feats of trapping non-physical beings. Iceman wouldn't even be able to leave his body before Diana speed blitzes. Honestly, this is a no show.

the ninjak
Bobby can use his powers in mist form.
All he has to do is slow her down for Kurt to do something bad.

manx422
Wonder Woman solos

The Pict
Batman isn't gonna last long here.

WW can take out everyone except Iceman. Not sure how she can deal with him. BFR maybe.

Wild Shadow
Cis on the DC duo have no chance.

basilisk
Killer Frost was able to take down Wonder Woman with her freezing power, so Iceman could do it. If he can, the X-Men have a good chance. Otherwise they will lose here because WW has the DC-level speedblitz advantage.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by basilisk
Killer Frost was able to take down Wonder Woman with her freezing power, so Iceman could do it. If he can, the X-Men have a good chance. Otherwise they will lose here because WW has the DC-level speedblitz advantage.

not knowing who she is dealing with strength nor weaknesses why would she blitz them?

i think she would gauge her opponents more often then not and i see a blitz as being the less consistent option.

basilisk
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
not knowing who she is dealing with strength nor weaknesses why would she blitz them?

i think she would gauge her opponents more often then not and i see a blitz as being the less consistent option.

True - and that's certainly the way it is in the comics, or Superman, MM, and WW would win 95% of their fights in one panel without the opponent even registering their movement.

Most villains would turn up, make a challenge to the JLA, then suddenly wake up in a cell in metahuman prison with a headache and wondering WTF just happened.

I was just going by the forum situation where they have basic knowledge of opponents and are working to the best of their abilities.

Wild Shadow
do you think the basic knowledge of the MU populace would be enough to warn WW?

they are known as just being a random band of mutant terrorist more often then not and no one having much info of anyone in specific.

same would go for batman he is an urban myth the only well known hero is WW.....

Q99
Originally posted by basilisk
Killer Frost was able to take down Wonder Woman with her freezing power, so Iceman could do it.

Frost must've been pretty charged up (and being a Firestorm foe, I'd say that at higher levels, her frost powers are probably stronger than Bobby's. She doesn't have much limit).

I'll note that Wonder Woman can produce lightning from her bracers after a recent upgrade, which should keep her warm while she gets him with the lasso.

They aren't *that* unknown, iirc Molly Hayes had a Wolverine poster before the incident.

They're somewhat celebs within the mutant community (back when there was one), and while they aren't the most popular team around, they are a known superhero team. Post M-day, the entire mutant population was basically publicly under their protection.

Plus, Diana will have Batman with her. He'll make analysis of their ability mid-fight.

Wild Shadow
Wolverine is a more well known mutant he has bn on america's most wanted more then any other mutant....... he has had his face and powers posted on the news... aside from beast and logan many arent known. they are only known b/c they were avengers a rock band and movie stars all rolled into one.
erm

Batman isnt going to analyze sh$@ in mid battle against guys who will require his full attention. he will be lucky if he isnt ko'ed in the 1st minute.
reading

reply to the frost comment:
also neither does bobby. whistle

Q99
Wolverine is a more well known mutant he has bn on america's most wanted more then any other mutant....... he has had his face and powers posted on the news... aside from beast and logan many arent known. they are only known b/c they were avengers a rock band and movie stars all rolled into one.

They aren't huge, but they're still known.

This is Batman, and those people will all be focused on the much more obvious power house.

I don't think I've seen him make the kind of intense cold KF does.

Wild Shadow
Bobby would just freeze their brain and blood flow just enough to ko them or exploit them...

http://img332.imageshack.us/i/icemanbloodfreeze4zt8la.jpg/

kochtgr
How you can even think that x-men can beat diana!!!shocking

the ninjak
Diana can be frozen and Bobby can't be destoyed.
If he can just slow her down for a second.
Nightcrawler would just teleport Logan on her back.

Q99
Originally posted by the ninjak
Diana can be frozen and Bobby can't be destoyed.
If he can just slow her down for a second.
Nightcrawler would just teleport Logan on her back.

Diana is very hard to freeze, even more-so now that she can produce the heat of lightning (and she *would* zap herself if Bobby tried to freeze her blood, then she'd get serious and turn on the speed blitz).

Bobby can't be destroyed, but he *can* be taken out of the fight by tying him up with the lasso.

Logan gets on her back, she spins at high speed and throws him off.

Wonder Woman has a serious edge on her own. Adding in Batman just helps more.

Wild Shadow
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

wow.

has WW ever shown to use her lightning that way?

batman would be dead in mere seconds by anyone of his opponents at least passed out.

multi ports would leave diana weaken or at least disoriented for a follow up attack from cyclops and a stab from logan.... Iceman alone could solo this but here he would just freeze her internally so his team mates feel helpful

Q99

wow.

has WW ever shown to use her lightning that way?

She's had it for 10 comics, so no? But what precisely is stopping her? It definitely can be used that way, it's electricity. She's been known to self-harm to win before. Dive in molten metal, sear her flesh on angelic matter, etc.. So it's totally in-character and easily done.

Do you know who Batman is?

'Weakened' Diana is still stronger than Colossus smile She does have a healing factor too, so it's unlikely to be all that effective (likewise she can take some adamantium stabs and stay in the fight). Also she has incredible reflexes (better than Superman's) and could pop Nightcrawler while he tries his porting thing anyway, easily.

Your scenario seems to imply the X-men have the initiative and can do what they want, too. Overlooking she's faster, stronger, and will easily be on the offensive and one-shotting X-men left and right, while Batman stalls one or two more.

Wild Shadow
my scenario has them acting as a team as is their function and having everyone acting within Cis.

if i had them at their best WW would blitz everyone and fail to ko Iceman and he in turn would kill them just as instantly. erm

in my scenarios i am having her behave like she would in any other battle she has bn in. which is her speed blitz would not be her 1st trick out of her bag.

Batman without PIS would not know a damn think about the X men and their various patterns of attack.

he wouldnt add a damn thing for diana's side. a multi port from kurt and he is out. cis on kurt.

a blitz claw charge at superhuman speed from logan cis on and bats is out or severely wounded.

An Optic Blast from scott to bats noggin and bats is out cis on. even a wide optic block blast would be enough to ko bats.

WW Cis on could and would beat colossus but not after making sure she knows his lvl of strength and durability same goes for every X man including colossus and ice man.

did i mention iceman can just slow down and freeze their brains keeping them from reacting or moving.....

WW can and should win this easy with CIS off and full knowledge of her opponents but with basic populace knowledge it is not enough.

also i doubt her HF will keep her in the game long after logan manages a sneak or assisted port by kurt and guts her or stabs a lung.

aside from that it is very in character for scott and logan to just outright kill her due to the X force thing..

CIs on her chances drop significantly

reading doctor

Lord Feron
Would be curious is the lasso would be able to trap Iceman where he is then throw away him and the lasso.... any thoughts on that guys?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Would be curious is the lasso would be able to trap Iceman where he is then throw away him and the lasso.... any thoughts on that guys?

would she be aware of his durability and willing to risk killing bobby in a BFR tactic?

i think her lasso can keep him tied up.... unless their is a scan of someone slipping out of her ropes in comics. if so then i resend my previous statement.
confused

she would know they are mutants and have various powers but she wouldn't know too much about their actual strength and durability unless the majority of the MU populace are carrying squirrel girl comic cards.

The Nuul
Bobby prevents Batman from soloing the X-Men....

Lord Feron
would she be aware of his durability and willing to risk killing bobby in a BFR tactic?

i think her lasso can keep him tied up.... unless their is a scan of someone slipping out of her ropes in comics. if so then i resend my previous statement.
confused

she would know they are mutants and have various powers but she wouldn't know too much about their actual strength and durability unless the majority of the MU populace are carrying squirrel girl comic cards.

THe whole lasso bfr thing has low possibility. I mean After bobby sees a few of his teammates go down. He is going to do something drastic. I see that happening before WW decides to throw the lasso on him and chuck him away. (and again not sure if he can psionically get out of it)

Wild Shadow
Cis on.

X men 7/10

Cis off

WW solos 5/10 blame bobby

Konton
Yeah, has Diana even used that lightening trick after that one fight?
I was pretty sure it was a one time thing and Zeus was throwing her a bone.

Anyway, Diana ftw. She easily dispatches everyone and lassos Bobby. He can't disappear from her as she has obscure power ups like Eye of Palas which lets her see as Athena would see, the constant truth, and Eye of the Hunt (Artemis) which is her sensory upgrade.

tideoftime
If CIS/PIS is on, then Diana and Bruce would be jobbing for the X Team, with X Team winning about 7/10, or so. If CIS/PIS is off, then Diana can solo X Team, 7/10, while Bruce investigates how they wound up in such an absurd situation to begin with. Bobby's powers are considerable, but he won't be able to freeze WW to a crippling degree before she can take him down (WW's being frozen by Killer Frost - who in her most powerful form is not much below Bobby - was back before WW's past two or so upgrades; WW can tolerate the cold of space for protracted periods, as long as she holds her breath/has an air source). Diana's lasso can bind anything that has a soul, so while there may be a debate about Bobby if he's already in mist form, he won't be able to escape via that trick if she lasso's him first -- if she can discern his ambient form (which is possible with her Eyes of Pallas/Senses of the Huntress abilities), she might even be able to use the lasso to force him to reconstitute. That isn't a given, by any means, but well within the lasso's powerset (as it can even force temporally out-of-sync beings, such as Zoom, into a fixed form).

Bobby is the only real threat on Team X, in terms of this scenario; the others, while formidable, would be no match for WW, so Batman being there just makes it even easier.

Konton: Diana has used the ability several times now; it seems to be a permanent addition to her powerset, though she still doesn't have any finesse (or altogether conscious control) with it, at least by general standards (this will no doubt change in the future). Disclaimer: while I understand the upgrade, as it has been an alluded to advancement (her eventually achieving a portion of divine power) for about 20 years now, I don't actually care for it, in terms of her character, much as I have had very mixed feelings with Simone's writing for the past two years. But what's done is done: Diana is on her way to being a female Thor, of sorts, which only disappoints me (as she plays better as a character when not set in "competition" with male standards of power) and will no doubt annoy Quan, as his (flawed) view of her as a character will be "corrected"... though not in a manner I would have liked or approved of... (Which reminds me -- I was supposed to respond to another thread a number of days ago, and forgot...)

Rant concluded. Apologies for length.

Q99
As long as they aren't jobbing, I think WW & Bruce will win the majority even CIS/PIS on. They might start out on the defense due to the array of powers they face, but likewise the X-men won't be doing anything to put them down. By the time Bobby starts really cranking up the cold, the gloves'll be off on both sides.

namorsubby
idk what's up with diana's massive street cred all of a sudden......

but batman solos, then he takes diana out to dinner

Q99
Originally posted by namorsubby
idk what's up with diana's massive street cred all of a sudden......

She's always supposed to have been top-tier, it's just there's more acknowledging it recently.

Blame it on a good run going on, plus some high-profile BN tie-ins to get her attention.

Sasaraixx
do you think the basic knowledge of the MU populace would be enough to warn WW?

they are known as just being a random band of mutant terrorist more often then not and no one having much info of anyone in specific.

same would go for batman he is an urban myth the only well known hero is WW.....

Let's be fair here. The Marvel team doesn't have a lot of knowledge either. They'll know just about nothing about Batman so someone is going to spend some time trying to figure out what his deal is. I'm guessing it will most likely be Gambit or Wolverine.

And what do the X-men know about Diana. That she's strong and can fly? I doubt they know the how strong she really is. Colossus will probably go charging in and promptly get ko'ed. The also know nothing about the powers of the lasso, which I think, will be their downfall.

And I think WW and Bats have all the knowledge they need really. They are fighting a guy named Iceman. Do you really think 2 people as smart as Bruce and Diana won't be able to work that one out?

I am not remotely convinced that Wolverine would be able to take down Diana. When was the last time her skin was punctured by a non-magical blade hurled by the strength of someone like Wolverine? Also, how would the X-men even know that is their only option? I think Logan would be able to cause her pain, but I don't see him doing any serious damage.

The others are cannon fodder. Cyclops' blast would get deflected back at him, taking him and anyone close by out. Gambit would be outmatched in a H2H fight and Diana is still faster than Nightcrawler.

The only issue for the DC duo is Iceman. Can Bobby not be knocked out at all? (I'm really asking.) If he is in solid form and is hit by someone as strong as WW, can he NOT be ko'ed? And Bobby goes into mist form, you can bet that Diana will go to the lasso right away. She knows a thing or two about intangible foes and she will know that the lasso is her best bet. As I mentioned earlier, Bobby won't know about the properties of the lasso. It is speculation whether or not the lasso will be able to grab him while he is in mist form. I personally think it would.

With no CIS/PIS on then the DC team stomps. CIS/PIS on I think the marvel team could get some wins if Diana is somehow caught of guard and they are able to gang up on her. I would still give the majority to Bats and Diana though. Batman is probably more of an asset with CIS on because he is "the Batman."

Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Let's be fair here. The Marvel team doesn't have a lot of knowledge either. They'll know just about nothing about Batman so someone is going to spend some time trying to figure out what his deal is. I'm guessing it will most likely be Gambit or Wolverine.

And what do the X-men know about Diana. That she's strong and can fly? I doubt they know the how strong she really is. Colossus will probably go charging in and promptly get ko'ed. The also know nothing about the powers of the lasso, which I think, will be their downfall.

And I think WW and Bats have all the knowledge they need really. They are fighting a guy named Iceman. Do you really think 2 people as smart as Bruce and Diana won't be able to work that one out?

I am not remotely convinced that Wolverine would be able to take down Diana. When was the last time her skin was punctured by a non-magical blade hurled by the strength of someone like Wolverine? Also, how would the X-men even know that is their only option? I think Logan would be able to cause her pain, but I don't see him doing any serious damage.

The others are cannon fodder. Cyclops' blast would get deflected back at him, taking him and anyone close by out. Gambit would be outmatched in a H2H fight and Diana is still faster than Nightcrawler.

The only issue for the DC duo is Iceman. Can Bobby not be knocked out at all? (I'm really asking.) If he is in solid form and is hit by someone as strong as WW, can he NOT be ko'ed? And Bobby goes into mist form, you can bet that Diana will go to the lasso right away. She knows a thing or two about intangible foes and she will know that the lasso is her best bet. As I mentioned earlier, Bobby won't know about the properties of the lasso. It is speculation whether or not the lasso will be able to grab him while he is in mist form. I personally think it would.

With no CIS/PIS on then the DC team stomps. CIS/PIS on I think the marvel team could get some wins if Diana is somehow caught of guard and they are able to gang up on her. I would still give the majority to Bats and Diana though. Batman is probably more of an asset with CIS on because he is "the Batman."

I think if she punched him he would just break and reform, but would not be KOed.

If he goes into mist and freezes her I can see him winning, he gets pretty close to absolute zero and he can possess the water in her body and manipulate it directly too. He also prevented sunfire from activating his powers by inhibiting heat exchange arround him and IIRC within his body as well, so some form of metabolic shutdown might be an option also - this was a once in a lifetime thing though and the writer probably did not even understand what this power entails as all metabolic reactions (and therefore all life) are a form of heat exchange.

How would the lasso grab him in mist form?

Wild Shadow
WW durability has never bn a question it is a well known comic fact that she can be pierced and injured by low lvl piercing attacks hence the bracelets.

logan should just as easily stab her as any other person.

the fact that it is rarely seen nowadays is beside the point it is still part of her character and history.

as a matter of fact she shouldnt have bn able to survive being close to the sun or taking a straight blast from supes with how her durability power works they only activate when she is fast moving via her speed of mercury as a safety precaution......

but i digress... PIS in the DC is usually standard so i wont say much about her durability feat.

aside from that Diana has no way of taking out bobby other then assumptions. he is pure thought psionic energy. unless their is feat of her holding someone like bobby i dont she can do it...precedence would be nice.

but before she can pull that off i can see bobby straight out stopping both of them regardness via internal freezing.

Cis still on she wouldnt punch colossus as hard as she could without knowing the repercussions.

if she knows their code names then yes i could see her attacking bobby but i also dont see her single him out over guys whose names are colossus or cyclops.......

Blanket
Originally posted by Q99
Frost must've been pretty charged up (and being a Firestorm foe, I'd say that at higher levels, her frost powers are probably stronger than Bobby's. She doesn't have much limit).
Her frost powers are higher than Bobby's? So she can go absolute zero -1?

I'd assume her not having much limit is better than the definition of an omega level mutant... the whole unlimited potential and all...

Q99
Originally posted by Blanket
Her frost powers are higher than Bobby's? So she can go absolute zero -1?

She can inflict damage on tough foes easier- I'd express it as she can drain heat from foes that much faster.

Killer Frost can charge up, and the more heat she has, the stronger her heat draining powers become. So if she's standing on the sun, she's orders of magnitude stronger than if she's on the Alaskan tundra.

Note, her skin is easier to piece, but that doesn't make stabbing an easy way to take her down. Her bones are still super-tough, she still has a healing factor, and her tissue is still dense so not all that much damage gets delt even if she does suffer some major cuts, she can be sliced up a ton and stay in a fight.

Cheetah can claw her up for awhile without Diana going down, and Wolverine's got absolutely squat on Cheetah.

StiltmanFTW
X-Men.

Blanket
Originally posted by Q99
She can inflict damage on tough foes easier- I'd express it as she can drain heat from foes that much faster.

Killer Frost can charge up, and the more heat she has, the stronger her heat draining powers become. So if she's standing on the sun, she's orders of magnitude stronger than if she's on the Alaskan tundra.

Note, her skin is easier to piece, but that doesn't make stabbing an easy way to take her down. Her bones are still super-tough, she still has a healing factor, and her tissue is still dense so not all that much damage gets delt even if she does suffer some major cuts, she can be sliced up a ton and stay in a fight.

Cheetah can claw her up for awhile without Diana going down, and Wolverine's got absolutely squat on Cheetah. Tough beings like Stranger, and freezing a Celestial ship/the whole battlefield in the blink of an eye? *cough* Oblivion...

Right. But Iceman is supposed to have no limits. So I can't see how a limit argument is being brought up...

Sasaraixx
WW durability has never bn a question it is a well known comic fact that she can be pierced and injured by low lvl piercing attacks hence the bracelets.

logan should just as easily stab her as any other person.

the fact that it is rarely seen nowadays is beside the point it is still part of her character and history.

as a matter of fact she shouldnt have bn able to survive being close to the sun or taking a straight blast from supes with how her durability power works they only activate when she is fast moving via her speed of mercury as a safety precaution......

This entire section of your post actually proves that Diana's durability IS in question. You claim that she should not have been to survive a number of things, yet she has. And also, no the piercing thing is not well established. We've seen scans of her being shot by bullets but not being pierced. She felt pain but was only stunned momentarily. I maintain that Wolverine does not have the requisite strength to mortally wound Diana. As Q99 pointed out, Diana has tussled with Cheetah who has *magical* claws and is far, far faster and stronger than Logan.

The fact that is rarely seen is not besides the point because the entire argument is that she has steadily received upgrades over the last decade.

Please show me a scan where it is stated that her durability is only activated while she is moving quickly. I have never heard such a thing.

but i digress... PIS in the DC is usually standard so i wont say much about her durability feat.

aside from that Diana has no way of taking out bobby other then assumptions. he is pure thought psionic energy. unless their is feat of her holding someone like bobby i dont she can do it...precedence would be nice.

but before she can pull that off i can see bobby straight out stopping both of them regardness via internal freezing.

Cis still on she wouldnt punch colossus as hard as she could without knowing the repercussions.

if she knows their code names then yes i could see her attacking bobby but i also dont see her single him out over guys whose names are colossus or cyclops.......

It's nice that you assume Diana is jobbing this entire fight and the X-team is not. CIS is on. I seriously doubt Iceman is opening up by freezing someone's internal organs or that he will be using his powers his full-potential.

You have precedence. She's held MM in her lasso. Once it gets around anyone, it's lights out unless they don't have a soul. There is no speculation about that point whatsoever. The only question that remains is whether the lasso can grasp him while he is already in mist form. There is no evidence to say one way or the other, but given the *mystical properties of the lasso* I am inclined to think that it can. It's just as much of an assumption on your part to assume that he cannot be caught by it. We can argue this point all day.

In your above analysis you've also completely ignored the defensive properties of both the bracers and the lasso. Iceman's offense would not be able to overcome either.

I already addressed Cyclops and Colossus in my previous post. Neither is occupying her long enough to give Bobby an opening. Also, she doesn't need to hit Colossus "as hard as she could" to deal with him. With CIS on, you are right that she would be unlikely to use such strength off the bat. Even while holding back, however, she has plenty of strength and speed to deal with him quickly.

And we are all ignoring Diana's partner in this battle. While it's true that in a real fight Bats would likely be a non-factor (unless he gets into a H2H fight with Gambit or Cyclops) with CIS on I'd expect bats to be pulling some tricks out with his gadgets trying to provide some cover/time for Diana.

JakeTheBank
It basically comes down to Iceman and Diana here.

Q99
Also she's held 6th dimensional energy thingies with no real physical form to begin with.

And a whole bunch of other funky things.

tideoftime
Originally posted by 753
I think if she punched him he would just break and reform, but would not be KOed.

If he goes into mist and freezes her I can see him winning, he gets pretty close to absolute zero and he can possess the water in her body and manipulate it directly too. He also prevented sunfire from activating his powers by inhibiting heat exchange arround him and IIRC within his body as well, so some form of metabolic shutdown might be an option also - this was a once in a lifetime thing though and the writer probably did not even understand what this power entails as all metabolic reactions (and therefore all life) are a form of heat exchange.

How would the lasso grab him in mist form?

While not a given, situation-wise, the debate about her being able to lasso Bobby in mistform is that the lasso can bind *anything* that has a soul -- she's bound temporally out of sync beings, gods, and similar. The lasso's battle limitation is that it doesn't have as great an influence over truly soulless constructs (magic-driven golems, true robots, kinetically animated objects, and such). The lasso may well have the ability to force Bobby back into a solidied form by coming in contact with part of his dispersed form, much as it forced Zoom into temporal sync with everything around him when it made contact with him. Is this a given/definite outcome? Not at all. But it *is* a very distinct possibility, and could very well work. Not a sure-shot, but still a viable threat.

EDIT: Oh, and what Q99 said, too.

Warlord
without PIS CIS Iceman can be one of the most dangerous comic characters.
if both go for the kill I see Bobby freezing her befor she is able to lasso him (he only needs a thought)
x-men ftw

Slaanesh
Bobby at his best would solo..WW doesn't have the powerset to take him down..

Originally posted by tideoftime
While not a given, situation-wise, the debate about her being able to lasso Bobby in mistform is that the lasso can bind *anything* that has a soul -- she's bound temporally out of sync beings, gods, and similar. The lasso's battle limitation is that it doesn't have as great an influence over truly soulless constructs (magic-driven golems, true robots, kinetically animated objects, and such). The lasso may well have the ability to force Bobby back into a solidied form by coming in contact with part of his dispersed form, much as it forced Zoom into temporal sync with everything around him when it made contact with him. Is this a given/definite outcome? Not at all. But it *is* a very distinct possibility, and could very well work. Not a sure-shot, but still a viable threat.

EDIT: Oh, and what Q99 said, too.

Bu then the lasso doesn't actually need to encircle the person and any contact would suffice?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It basically comes down to Iceman and Diana here.

Agreed, What do you think the chances are of Diana Throwing the lasso on him then BFRing him somewhere V.S. Iceman taking out WW via some exotic attack?

Placidity
WW is too quick for Iceman to pull anything. It would be over in a second. Batman would pull out his batarang and realize that the X-men are already all down.

Wild Shadow
3/10 in a complete blitz never allowing the match to exceed .001 seconds... i call it completely out of character

Placidity
3/10 in a complete blitz never allowing the match to exceed .001 seconds... i call it completely out of character

Did you just say you would only give Diana 3/10 even if she employed the blitz?

Not out of character, just not bound by PIS. Same thing would go for Flash and any other speedster as to why they wait around for more than one panel in comics.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Placidity

Not out of character, just not bound by PIS. Same thing would go for Flash and any other speedster as to why they wait around for more than one panel in comics.

no. i meant i give her doing that at least 3/10.

completely out of character she would do it 10/10

my bad i sucked in english class in school.. embarrasment

damn me not paying attention in sentence structure

Lord Feron
WW is too quick for Iceman to pull anything. It would be over in a second. Batman would pull out his batarang and realize that the X-men are already all down.

yes because thats what she always does. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Feron

Where does it say that there is no pis here?

Placidity
Where does it say that there is no pis here?

You have to ask? Or just getting desperate?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

Warlord
so Diana blitzes bobby and punches him...that would achieve what?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Warlord

nothing.

Placidity

As people have said, lasso would stop him.

Warlord
lasso blitz?
why wouldn't she just punch?

Placidity
lasso blitz?
why wouldn't she just punch?

She probably would. As soon as he tries to turn into mist, and WW would see this in ultra slow motion, she would lasso him.

Warlord
Iceman needs only a though to freeze her.
She would have enough time to punch him then lasso him before he even thinks?

Not to mention that Iceman's brain operates in much higherspeeds than a normal person

Wild Shadow
i not completely convinced the lasso can hold him but i will concede to it, my second though is even if he is contained and forced back into a physical form cant he still just freeze her internally not to kill her but stop her before she can command him to do anything like i dont know surrender.

Placidity

She would have enough time to punch him then lasso him before he even thinks?

Of course, it'll be a walk in the park. Do you even know how fast WW is? Heck, Quicksilver could do it no problem, and WW leaves him in the dust.

Wild Shadow
Of course, it'll be a walk in the park. Do you even know how fast WW is? Heck, Quicksilver could do it no problem, and WW leaves him in the dust.

quicksilver knows Bobby and how do deal with him and it would be within character and morality to behave in such a fashion

Warlord

yes
you only need to assume she is the first to think/act which you have no clue will happen

Q99
yes
you only need to assume she is the first to think/act which you have no clue will happen

Superhuman thought speed, the quickest on the draw physically or mentally is going to be Diana.

Wild Shadow
yes also if she was always completely out of character. you have to factor in their limited knowledge and CIS and morality in these fight!!!

mad

McNasty996
Iceman might not be able to take Diana out solo but can hold her off while the other take down batman then its 6 on 1

Q99
Originally posted by McNasty996
Iceman might not be able to take Diana out solo but can hold her off while the other take down batman then its 6 on 1

I count maybe 3 on 1- figuring in the casualties they've taken from Diana in the meantime.

Bentley
Originally posted by McNasty996

In which 1 stomps.

tideoftime
i not completely convinced the lasso can hold him but i will concede to it, my second though is even if he is contained and forced back into a physical form cant he still just freeze her internally not to kill her but stop her before she can command him to do anything like i dont know surrender.

The only trick to that is she doesn't have to "command" Bobby about anything -- the lasso subdues whomever it encircles. Bobby won't be able to commit any hostile action while bound; it's an automatic effect of the lasso. I think that that is something alot of people forget about when certain posters refer to WW "one-shotting" someone: they don't necessarily mean via physical power, but via the lasso subdueing whomever it binds. Note: there are some instances where, due to Diana attempting to take a different tact with the lasso, or her opponent being of a very specific nature, that "x" opponent was able to circumvent this -- one classic example is when she lasso'd Deathstroke and said she wanted him to see what an assh0le he was (not that word, specifically, but the family friendly version), but his being truly comfortable with his own nature/inner-self allowed him to shrug off the effect and he back-handed her (which I thought was awesome - it really was like a pimpslap; all he needed was a wordbubble saying "Where ma' money at, b!tch?", and I would have been rolling). As was clarified in "Postscripts to Paradise", if Diana had been lassoing him with the intent of subdual, he would have been powerless; her anger and intent at the specific instance in dealing with him allowed him the window of escape, metaphysically speaking.

Bobby ain't gonna have that option in a forum fight.

carver9
She probably would. As soon as he tries to turn into mist, and WW would see this in ultra slow motion, she would lasso him.

WTF, when has Wonder Woman ever fought like this? Can you show me a scan of her fighting this fast?

Seeing everything in slow motion.

Originally posted by tideoftime
The only trick to that is she doesn't have to "command" Bobby about anything -- the lasso subdues whomever it encircles. Bobby won't be able to commit any hostile action while bound; it's an automatic effect of the lasso. I think that that is something alot of people forget about when certain posters refer to WW "one-shotting" someone: they don't necessarily mean via physical power, but via the lasso subdueing whomever it binds. Note: there are some instances where, due to Diana attempting to take a different tact with the lasso, or her opponent being of a very specific nature, that "x" opponent was able to circumvent this -- one classic example is when she lasso'd Deathstroke and said she wanted him to see what an assh0le he was (not that word, specifically, but the family friendly version), but his being truly comfortable with his own nature/inner-self allowed him to shrug off the effect and he back-handed her (which I thought was awesome - it really was like a pimpslap; all he needed was a wordbubble saying "Where ma' money at, b!tch?", and I would have been rolling). As was clarified in "Postscripts to Paradise", if Diana had been lassoing him with the intent of subdual, he would have been powerless; her anger and intent at the specific instance in dealing with him allowed him the window of escape, metaphysically speaking.

Bobby ain't gonna have that option in a forum fight.

So the lasso needs to encircle or would any contact with some of the water molecules in the air be enough to subdue him?

Placidity
Originally posted by carver9
WTF, when has Wonder Woman ever fought like this? Can you show me a scan of her fighting this fast?

Seeing everything in slow motion.

Thats how how speedsters see things. She is capable of hanging with Superman. Anyone even trying to argue she doesn't have the SPEED to take out Iceman before he can pull one on her is a disney fan boy.

quicksilver knows Bobby and how do deal with him and it would be within character and morality to behave in such a fashion

Um the question was "was she quick enough". The answer is an obvious yes. Don't twist this into another argument. Also morality? It's not "within her morality" to lasso someone?

yes

Are you trolling? You already asked me if she would punch him first and I said probably yes. If I assumed she did know what to do from the start, I wouldn't have said she would punch him, she would lasso him from the get go.

-Pr-
Wonder Woman would react thousands of times faster than Iceman. It's just a question of her putting him down that's the problem.

Harbinger
The X-Men, Bobby excluded, are cannon fodder. Diana could smoke them with ease.

However, how could Wondy/Bats KO Iceman?

tideoftime
Originally posted by 753
So the lasso needs to encircle or would any contact with some of the water molecules in the air be enough to subdue him?

Contact is sufficient to apply its power in a general form (anyone in even the most cursory contact with it, for example, will begin only speaking the truth, often with levels of awareness/insight they weren't even conscious of); as far as his being in a mist state, as I've already said, the lasso isn't necessarily an automatic takedown in that scenario, but it is, however, very plausable that it could work, as the lasso works in a quesi-telekinetic manner, often being depicted as ensnaring persons/objects in a manner in defiance of the way in which it is thrown. But like I said: Not a given, by any means, will it force him into a solid form, merely that it is within its demonstrated powerset to be able to do such a feat.

To take another angle on this: much as some people would no doubt be underestimating Bobby's abilities/potential, if they haven't been keeping tabs on him over the past 2-3 decades (as was the case with another poster), a similar number would also be underestimating WW's abilities, and the powersets of her weapons, if they really hadn't been paying attention over the past 25 years. Which is why I said it's very plausable, but not a definite.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Harbinger
The X-Men, Bobby excluded, are cannon fodder. Diana could smoke them with ease.

However, how could Wondy/Bats KO Iceman?

Like as it's been being posted, their best bet is for WW to withstand/evade Bobby's attacks, and then bind him with the lasso, for a TKO, as Bobby wouldn't be able to free himself; the secondary debate is about him already being in a mistform, and would the lasso work. It has worked against other opponents with similarly "inaccessable" forms, and its binding is as much (in fact, moreso) a mystical phenomena as it is a physical one. But in a forum context, it isn't a definite, so there is room for an "out of 10" split on the scenarios where it works, and the ones where it doesn't.

the ninjak
The way I posted that Supes could kill Bobby was Supes flying around Bobby at extreme speeds. grabbing him by the back of the head and throwing him into space. If one throw wasn't enough just repeat.
Can WW do this?
Once shattered in space Bobby is screwed.

Mindset
You mean aside from the fact that he could reform and would be completely unharmed?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
You mean aside from the fact that he could reform and would be completely unharmed?

Thats what I have always been interested in finding out.
If you shatter Bobby in space then either heat blasts (Supes) or just Thunderclap your hands ( Diana) the particles. They would need an equal amount to reform Bobby, and a decent amount to be effective in mist form. The vacuum of space plus no moisture should kill Bobby. Shouldn't it?

jrodslam
Honestly, id see that being more of a Supes tactic if the fight were to go on for that long and Supes got a understanding of how Bobby's powers worked. WW on the other hand, i dont see her doing that.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
Superhuman thought speed, the quickest on the draw physically or mentally is going to be Diana.

Iceman has supehuman thought speed and actually stated on pannel unlike Diana's

-Pr-
Iceman has supehuman thought speed and actually stated on pannel unlike Diana's

her speed and reflex feats disagree.

Warlord
how is movemnt speed related to brain activity speed?
anyway this is not a "read? - draw!" type of fight. The only way for Diana to win is to start with a blitz and instaed of punching to lasso boby and all these assuming she gets to act before him.
seeing there are more oponnents in boby's team he ahs to be her first choise.
Well IMO the chance of all the above happening is slim

-Pr-
how is movemnt speed related to brain activity speed?

to initiate movement, the brain is needed.

i wasn't arguing any of that. only that she was faster. which she is.

the ninjak
She can use the lasso when he revives in solid form and drag him into space where she thunder claps his particles into the dry vacuum of space.
2 weeks later Bobby reemerges in the atmosphere but K.O. for Diana anyway.
WW is much faster than Bobby.
The rest of the X-men kill Batman.

jrodslam
Theories of her taking him to space is ridiculous. How ofthen does she do that? When was the last time shes done that? And when she did do it, how long was she in the fight in the first place? C'mon now.

IF she initially sees him as the main threat, her first act would most likely be to blitz with a punch or kick. Wll it shatter him? Probably, but as we all know, after than happening, iceman can immediately manipulate the moisture in her body. She wouldnt be expecting that at all nor have a defense for it.

Warlord
Originally posted by -Pr-
to initiate movement, the brain is needed.

yes but the fact that you are faster than me when we run for example does not mean that your brain moves faster than mine...that's all I say

Warlord
Originally posted by jrodslam
Theories of her taking him to space is ridiculous. How ofthen does she do that? When was the last time shes done that? And when she did do it, how long was she in the fight in the first place? C'mon now.

IF she initially sees him as the main threat, her first act would most likely be to blitz with a punch or kick. Wll it shatter him? Probably, but as we all know, after than happening, iceman can immediately manipulate the moisture in her body. She wouldnt be expecting that at all nor have a defense for it.

agreed

Placidity
yes but the fact that you are faster than me when we run for example does not mean that your brain moves faster than mine...that's all I say

Depends how fast you can run. At WW speeds, she needs super reaction time and reflexes to maneuver. Imagine you are driving a car at 300mph, you'd be alright going in a straight line, getting you to maneuver through traffic with only human reaction time/reflexes? Impossible.

Warlord
Depends how fast you can run. At WW speeds, she needs super reaction time and reflexes to maneuver. Imagine you are driving a car at 300mph, you'd be alright going in a straight line, getting you to maneuver through traffic with only human reaction time/reflexes? Impossible.

no, you need much faster tahn human reaction which according to emma frost iceman possesses also.
Plus it's not a one vs one she has 6 trgets while bobby has only two or one since he can focus to both at the same time

Placidity
no, you need much faster tahn human reaction

So you start by saying "no", then continue to agree with me. Okay then.

which according to emma frost iceman possesses also.

To what extent? Superman level? Righto.

Plus it's not a one vs one she has 6 trgets while bobby has only two or one since he can focus to both at the same time

If she went all out at start, he wouldn't even have time to register what was going on.

Warlord
so I guess Bobby's brain is slower just because he doesn't have superspeed.
ok...

Lord Feron

If she went all out at start, he wouldn't even have time to register what was going on.

Okay, Say your right she starts off the bat with a speedblitz at KIlling Levels (because thats what she does right? and all the time... :rolleyessmile. Do you think WW would 1st use the "im gonna throw a lasso on iceman and bfr him ASAP" move (because again thats what she always does also with only having a basic information on a foe ) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lets atleast entertain your 1st thought, If WW really speed blitzed everyone by punching and kicking. Bobby body would get destroyed no doubt but after seeing his team go down so fast, don't you think he would do something drastic while not in a body. Such as killing the the people who killed his team.

-Pr-

if i can make adjustments and react faster than you can, it does, though.

ok...

no. its slower because he doesn't have nearly the amount of reflex feats she does.

Warlord
Originally posted by -Pr-

no. its slower because he doesn't have nearly the amount of reflex feats she does.

he couldn't have such feats since his body speed wouldn't allow him to react even if his brain would have anticipated

Sasaraixx

Her taking him into space is ridiculous. However, if she lasso's him then she doesn't need to do anything else. He's down for the count.

I also think people are underestimating how smart and tactical a fighter WW is. She may not know the full extent of Bobby's powers from the get go, but it won't take her long to figure it out. She *will* lasso him eventually and I believe that it will happen before Bobby can do any permanent damage to Diana.

This is of course speculation on my part but with basic knowledge of all the x-men, I think Diana and Bruce would put Bobby at the top of the list to take down first. Wolverine and Gambit pose no threat to Diana and Bats could handle 1 of them for a while on his own. Cyclops, while powerful, can be dealt with with the bracers. Colossus is a brick and WW is used to dealing with far more dangerous bricks. I would give runner-up to Nightcrawler. Why? Because he and Iceman would provide the biggest tactical challenges. A guy who can teleport around and a guy who can freeze molecules are not people you want running around when you are outnumbered.

And is Bobby this hardened killer that some posters are portraying? Is he going to come out of the box trying to freeze internal organs? Will he start out a fight in mist form? (I'm not being rhetorical. I'm really asking.) I agree that WW won't start off using strength levels as if she were fighting Superman, but is Bobby starting off like that as well? I ask because I think the X-men's best chance is for Bobby to kill WW right from the whistle blow. If he doesn't, I don't see him getting an advantage on her. Once she's taken out some of his teammates, he won't have the element of surprise. And if he gos into mist form, I'm inclined to believe the Eyes of Pallas would still allow her to see him and the lasso would be able to target his soul.

And just out of personal curiosity, does anyone have the scan of Killer Frost freezing Diana?

Lord Feron
Her taking him into space is ridiculous. However, if she lasso's him then she doesn't need to do anything else. He's down for the count.

I also think people are underestimating how smart and tactical a fighter WW is. She may not know the full extent of Bobby's powers from the get go, but it won't take her long to figure it out. She *will* lasso him eventually and I believe that it will happen before Bobby can do any permanent damage to Diana.

This is of course speculation on my part but with basic knowledge of all the x-men, I think Diana and Bruce would put Bobby at the top of the list to take down first. Wolverine and Gambit pose no threat to Diana and Bats could handle 1 of them for a while on his own. Cyclops, while powerful, can be dealt with with the bracers. Colossus is a brick and WW is used to dealing with far more dangerous bricks. I would give runner-up to Nightcrawler. Why? Because he and Iceman would provide the biggest tactical challenges. A guy who can teleport around and a guy who can freeze molecules are not people you want running around when you are outnumbered.

And is Bobby this hardened killer that some posters are portraying? Is he going to come out of the box trying to freeze internal organs? Will he start out a fight in mist form? (I'm not being rhetorical. I'm really asking.) I agree that WW won't start off using strength levels as if she were fighting Superman, but is Bobby starting off like that as well? I ask because I think the X-men's best chance is for Bobby to kill WW right from the whistle blow. If he doesn't, I don't see him getting an advantage on her. Once she's taken out some of his teammates, he won't have the element of surprise. And if he gos into mist form, I'm inclined to believe the Eyes of Pallas would still allow her to see him and the lasso would be able to target his soul.

And just out of personal curiosity, does anyone have the scan of Killer Frost freezing Diana?

Well i was just talking to the other dude where he thinks that Speed blitzing Iceman means a insta-win, actually speed blitzing the whole team in less than a second just seems popsterious.

Im not saying the possibility of WW fighting iceman she will slowly learn that iceman isn't going to stay down after him reforming a few times. But I just thing there is a greater chance of him doing soemthing that can kill team one before WW decides to lasso him.

NEither one will Do a speedblitz lasso throw or Freeze your brain move from the get go, i agree with you on that.

But after bobby sees a few people die, I am confident he is going to be like "**** you die" and do something drastic, i guess you could say the same if batman died. I think the odds of either side winning is pretty good.

Q99
But Diana does do lasso throws sooner or later very often in fights, Bobby rarely does brain-freeze at all, and I'd think Diana'd be resistant to it.

Sasaraixx
Well i was just talking to the other dude where he thinks that Speed blitzing Iceman means a insta-win, actually speed blitzing the whole team in less than a second just seems popsterious.

Im not saying the possibility of WW fighting iceman she will slowly learn that iceman isn't going to stay down after him reforming a few times. But I just thing there is a greater chance of him doing soemthing that can kill team one before WW decides to lasso him.

NEither one will Do a speedblitz lasso throw or Freeze your brain move from the get go, i agree with you on that.

But after bobby sees a few people die, I am confident he is going to be like "**** you die" and do something drastic, i guess you could say the same if batman died. I think the odds of either side winning is pretty good.

I agree with you for the most part. The one point I strongly disagree on is the use of the lasso. She uses it regularly. I don't think it's going to take multiple shatterings before WW figures out that the lasso is her best bet. Spending so much time fighting along side J'onn she knows a thing or two about dealing with foes who can go intangible and are hard to put down. In all honesty, I think Diana prefers to use the lasso over brute strength because she doesn't have to worry about gauging her strength levels so she doesn't hurt somoeone too badly.

Like Q99, I think she would be resistant to freezing as well. I'm not saying that it would be impossible for Bobby to do it, but I don't think a run of the mill ice blast will do the trick. And like you said, neither one of them is likely to go for the kill right off the bat.

For either team to get the win one of two things has to happen. Diana has to realize that she must lasso Bobby or The X-men have to realize that their only shot is for Bobby to go all out on Wonder Woman. I personally see scenario one happening before/more often than scenario 2.

jrodslam

True that. Cant argue there.

I do believe that shes a great tactical fighter. I dont doubt it for a second. I think the longer the fight goes and once she realizes she cant really do anything to him physically, that will happen.

Well if we wanna talk basic knowledge, that doesnt nearly make Iceman seem to be the most powerful. All is would say, is what all of the handbooks say. "Ability to transform into organic ice,create ice from moisture, ice slides, weapons.". Wonder Woman would probably think hes no more powerful than Ice, Freeze or Cap Cold. Now reading off basic knowledge, Gambit Nightcrawler or Wolvie would seem like more of a threat.

And is Bobby this hardened killer that some posters are portraying? Is he going to come out of the box trying to freeze internal organs?

Him freezing a certain organ or blood wont kill the person. Simply rendering them frozen in place from the inside out or unconscious.

Will he start out a fight in mist form? (I'm not being rhetorical. I'm really asking.) I agree that WW won't start off using strength levels as if she were fighting Superman, but is Bobby starting off like that as well? I ask because I think the X-men's best chance is for Bobby to kill WW right from the whistle blow. If he doesn't, I don't see him getting an advantage on her. Once she's taken out some of his teammates, he won't have the element of surprise. And if he gos into mist form, I'm inclined to believe the Eyes of Pallas would still allow her to see him and the lasso would be able to target his soul.

He sure wouldnt. Him starting off that way is as ridiculous as her tossing him to space. Thing is, when hes shattered, he can still operate on high levels without reforming. His attacks wont be seen nor anticipated nor able to be countered.

jrodslam
Les remember that basic knowledge of Iceman would be ice control, organic ice transformation, sculptures, slides and blasts. Basic knowledge of Wondy would most likely be cl 100+ strength, super speed, and lasso.

Iceman would treat a fight with her, probably the same as he would with Namor.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/833/nationx001022.th.jpg

Placidity
Okay, Say your right she starts off the bat with a speedblitz at KIlling Levels (because thats what she does right? and all the time... :rolleyessmile.

I like how you put words in my mouth just so you can come up with some sort of relevant argument. Yes she speed blitz - no she wouldn't use deadly force unless necessary.

Placidity
ok...

You don't seem to understand there is "fast" and then there is "much faster". This concept has been lost on you since page one hasn't it? It's actually too simple for me to believe you aren't really trolling.

Quicksilver is "fast", but if I said Flash is too fast for him, according to your twisted logic, it translates to you as me saying Quicksilver isn't fast, and then you would start arguing he is fast.

Q99

Iceman would treat a fight with her, probably the same as he would with Namor.

That *was* an empty threat you realize, Bobby doesn't go around doing that.

And Diana having counters has been mentioned. Acting first, natural resistance to extreme temperatures, even shocking herself if needed. But more than likely, she just ties him up before he tries and that's that.

Sasaraixx

Well if we wanna talk basic knowledge, that doesnt nearly make Iceman seem to be the most powerful. All is would say, is what all of the handbooks say. "Ability to transform into organic ice,create ice from moisture, ice slides, weapons.". Wonder Woman would probably think hes no more powerful than Ice, Freeze or Cap Cold. Now reading off basic knowledge, Gambit Nightcrawler or Wolvie would seem like more of a threat.

It's the "transform into organic ice" part that I think would catch Diana and Bats attention. You'd have to come up with another way of taking him down than just punching. That's why I'm inclined to believe she'd lasso him, *if* she knew that he was capable of doing that. Gambit or Wolvie really aren't on her level at all. I honestly see Bat's going after one of them. I do agree that Nightcrawler would get placed high on the "let's take out first list."

Him freezing a certain organ or blood wont kill the person. Simply rendering them frozen in place from the inside out or unconscious.

I honestly don't know how WW's body would react to that.

Thing is, when hes shattered, he can still operate on high levels without reforming. His attacks wont be seen nor anticipated nor able to be countered.

This is really the only question mark in the fight for me. Would her "enhanced" sight still allow her to see him and/or would the lasso still be able to grasp him while he's shattered? Those are questions I can't answer definitively.

Wild Shadow
pretty sure superman usd his ice breath and WW was depicted being hurt by it anguish in her face.... it didnt take her down completely but she was in pain...

Iceman can do a lot better work from the inside.

tideoftime
pretty sure superman usd his ice breath and WW was depicted being hurt by it anguish in her face.... it didnt take her down completely but she was in pain...

Iceman can do a lot better work from the inside.

confused

No, not really; his breath had relatively little affect on her. She was free and mobile within a second or two, and out of his immediate line of sight. Really, the only thing it did was blow her back a few feet, onto the ground. Diana has shown considerable resistance to both intense heat and cold over the past decade or so -- the near zero temperature of space (and, conversely, it's intense heat when in a direct line of radiance) have little impact on her.

Q99

That was the instance where she disappeared from his sight right after the attack and then smashed his ears with the bracers. Superman's freeze breath didn't do all that much.

When he does do the 'brain freeze' thing, it hasn't taken out his targets instantly, btw.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Q99
That *was* an empty threat you realize, Bobby doesn't go around doing that.

And Diana having counters has been mentioned. Acting first, natural resistance to extreme temperatures, even shocking herself if needed. But more than likely, she just ties him up before he tries and that's that.

Empty threat? Not at all. He would have done it especially considering hes familiar with Namor and knows Namor would attack him because of his short temper.

Batman isnt taking out Colossus, and once Wondy does so, Bobby will realize that its gonna have to be a tactic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.