Batman in Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Assume Batman replaces Rorschach just before the Comedian is murdered. Assume he has basic knowledge of the history of the Watchmen-verse. Does he solve the mystery faster or slower than Rorschach? Does he lay the smack-down on Adrian and get some answers?

ares834
Yep.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Assume Batman replaces Rorschach just before the Comedian is murdered. Assume he has basic knowledge of the history of the Watchmen-verse. Does he solve the mystery faster or slower than Rorschach? Does he lay the smack-down on Adrian and get some answers?

Yes to both. Ozy didn't show me much of anything that Batman wouldn't be able to accomplish.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes to both. Ozy didn't show me much of anything that Batman wouldn't be able to accomplish.
How long do you think it would take for him to solve the mystery?

JakeTheBank
How long do you think it would take for him to solve the mystery?

I'm not sure about the actual length of time it would take, but short enough for Batman to throw a serious wrench in the works of Ozy's plan. Of course, Batman's lack of compromise might get him blasted by Manhattan.

Mshinu
Bats is a better detective, Ozzy stil succeds tho.

Omega Vision
I'm not sure about the actual length of time it would take, but short enough for Batman to throw a serious wrench in the works of Ozy's plan. Of course, Batman's lack of compromise might get him blasted by Manhattan.
I think he might be willing to compromise, at least its more of a possibility than Rorschach ever compromising.

SoulDevourer
for h2h Bats gonna have trouble IMO. Deathstroke woud make better match for Ozy

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
for h2h Bats gonna have trouble IMO. Deathstroke woud make better match for Ozy

Slade would destroy Ozy.

Omega Vision
Slade would destroy Ozy.
Well movie Ozy WAS Deathstroke. laughing Seriously everyone in the movie could shatter shit as if they were Class 1s.

JakeTheBank
Well movie Ozy WAS Deathstroke. laughing Seriously everyone in the movie could shatter shit as if they were Class 1s.

True, but can you imagine what movie Slade would be then? He'd be like freakin' Spider-Man.

Omega Vision
True, but can you imagine what movie Slade would be then? He'd be like freakin' Spider-Man.
You mean if they scaled up everyone's powers using the Synder-formula? Let's see: Superman would be Odin, Odin would be Galactus, and Galactus would be Living Tribunal. laughing out loud

Denny Crane
Plus Bats would never get caught by the po-po. At the very least he'd go to white collar jail which Stephen hawking out of his chair could break out of.

Also, everything gets better when you add billions of dollars. Just think of Oprah with money and then without. Hell of a diff

rotiart

Two minutes after the comedian is murdered... the movie ends.

Wild Shadow
movie bats fails horribly.

comic bats would suspect his friends and enemies. he would outright question everyone or subversively do it and read peoples behavior.

he would be better then Ozy in the body reading aspect.

a paranoid bats would have everyone under surveillance. he could figure it out pretty quick, i say he could well do it in under a day.

in a fight bats would rip Ozy apart catching one bullet is a parlor/circus trick that wont save him from bats

Digi
To keep things fair, I would imagine one must also grant Ozymandias the concession that he knows of Batman's basic skills and capabilities, just as he knew of Rorschach's. I think he would've planned around Bats' superior detective skills, thus still succeeding but by slightly different and perhaps more complicated methods.

Otherwise, without Ozy having knowledge, and Batman having access to his resources, Bat's solos the Watchmen-verse (excepting Manhattan).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.