Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
This game doesn't have a page on page 1 or 2, did a search for Bad Company, and nothing...lolz at this forum sometimes ^^.

Anyway, FANTASTIC gameplay - as expected from DICE, but the graphics...oh the graphics (console vers obviously) - pc guys, please don't come here with the trash talk.

How can the game be out in 3 weeks and look so bad for the consoles, i dont wanna here about console capabilities vs pc's because exhibit A, Killzone (arguably best looking shooter on consoles), B, MW2. How can DICE get everything soo right..yet screw up so badly with the graphics, there was a nice graphical upgrade from MW1 to MW2, but the same difference isnt evident here on the ps3 vers i was playing.

I know BF has it's own style, but bad graphics are bad graphics no matter what style you were going for. Don't get me wrong the gameis uber fun to play but my goodness...it's fugly, anyone of the same opinion here?

Peach
At least title the thread properly so that it can be found in the future ermm

Smasandian
Graphics are fantastic on the PC.

Combined with the physics of the game, its fantastic.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Peach
At least title the thread properly so that it can be found in the future ermm

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread before you fixed it.

Ms.Marvel
where can i find the PC demo at? i cant find it on steam sad

is it for ps3 only or something (demo i mean)

Smasandian
It's a beta, not a demo.

Either get a key from a gaming website, or buy the game and preaccess to it.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Juk3n
This game doesn't have a page on page 1 or 2, did a search for Bad Company, and nothing...lolz at this forum sometimes ^^.

Anyway, FANTASTIC gameplay - as expected from DICE, but the graphics...oh the graphics (console vers obviously) - pc guys, please don't come here with the trash talk.

How can the game be out in 3 weeks and look so bad for the consoles, i dont wanna here about console capabilities vs pc's because exhibit A, Killzone (arguably best looking shooter on consoles), B, MW2. How can DICE get everything soo right..yet screw up so badly with the graphics, there was a nice graphical upgrade from MW1 to MW2, but the same difference isnt evident here on the ps3 vers i was playing.

I know BF has it's own style, but bad graphics are bad graphics no matter what style you were going for. Don't get me wrong the gameis uber fun to play but my goodness...it's fugly, anyone of the same opinion here?

Maybe you were playing a different game but i didn't find anything wrong with the graphics. The graphics showcased in the demo may not be quite on par with Modern Warfare but they're definitely above average. What is your problem with the graphics? I'll wait until i get a chance to play the campaigns when the full game releases but so far, i haven't seen a problem with the graphics. Even if the graphics aren't as stellar as Modern Warfare 2, i'll take the sacrifice of graphics in exchange for the improved game play any day.

I'm definitely excited to retire Modern Warfare for Bad Company 2.

Ms.Marvel
i tried out the 360 demo. honestly im not impressed. it just strikes me as a less polished version of mw2 on a larger and more cluster**** like scale. some keystuff i noticed

- ... should be able to lay down on your belly. the concept should be pretty damn standard by now. no laydown feature is okay in a game like halo or gears where stealth means almost nothing. in games like this and CoD where being visible means death having the ability to lay down would be really helpful erm

- controls are clunky (at least compared to MW which has some of the most fluid and intuitive controls and handling i have ever seen in a game)

- maps are so huge that snipers really are pretty much the most useful and practical class. plus with all the vehicles and shit its easy to run around with a rifle undetected and unharrassed. i dont like games that encourage one specific style of play and this one certainly does. long range combat= best kind of combat in this.

- assault class seems practically useless. there is no incentive to using it... all the other classes have at least decent perks whereas the AC has a grenade launcher thats only good for two shots and a crappy gun. the default ak-971 being almost completely unable to hit anything past 50 feet (which is stupid because the aek-971 has an affective range of 1200 feet... and a max of 3000)... and the few times you do manage to hit someone it doesnt kill them. which... leads me to my next gripe. another problem is the lack of ammo... three reloads seems a bit sparse.

- takes too much bullets to kill someone. i shouldnt have to spend half (or even a quarter) of a clip to kill one person who is right in front of me. it takes a full clip to kill two people. why? again pointing to the uselessness of the assault class and the dominance of the sniper class. if you manage to hit someone from 50 feet away with the AK you wont kill them... even if you hit them with a three round burst which should drop anyone. the hp of people needs to be lowered... id say 2 shots for anyone with twenty feet and 3 or 4 beyond that would be acceptable. the sniper rifle shouldnt be the only gun that doesnt take half a clip to kill someone from a distance. thats ridiculous.

- respawning is kind of odd. the second highest cause of death for me (first being from tanks) was being in the process of hosing one person down with the AK (lulStupid) and half his squad spawns right next to him before my weak ass gun can kill him. i think squad spawns should be based around locations of the map rather than directly next to the person who's still alive.

- medic revivals need a delay. either in bringing out the revival machine thingy or using them. it was kind of funny to me to play as a medic because id watch an ally get killed by someone and before his killer could even reload id brought him back to life and he got his revenge. seems cheap as hell.

i think the problem with this game is that theyre really trying to push the team work aspect... it almost seems as if they dont want you to get lots of kills on your own or be a very affective fighter on your own... which is fine... except no one on LIVE cares about what the developers think. everyone on there plays like the game is halo with modern warfare features in it... so the gameplay turns out to just be a shitty version of modern warfare.

so. yeah. people arent gonna want to hear me say this, but.... this game needs to be more like modern warfare with PC vehicles. no expression

which is kind of sad imo because MW2 is shit. especially compared to the first.

edit- this is all based off of first impressions btw, ive only played two matches. ive noticed that you level up and get newer weapons so maybe some of this stuff will fix itself with newer and better guns?

Ms.Marvel
played as sniper class for first time... got almost 5000 points no expression

way too easy...

Smasandian
I love Battlefield games and this is just a continuation of it.

It's not like MW at all. Not even close. MW is just standard shooter but done extremely well.

Battlefield games are they're own breed. Nothing beats getting into a vehicle and having a crazy killstreak, or getting blown up right away.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Smasandian
Graphics are fantastic on the PC.

Combined with the physics of the game, its fantastic. Would a 5870 handle this game?

Ms.Marvel
I love Battlefield games and this is just a continuation of it.

It's not like MW at all. Not even close. MW is just standard shooter but done extremely well.

Battlefield games are they're own breed. Nothing beats getting into a vehicle and having a crazy killstreak, or getting blown up right away.

how does that make it its own breed? i mean unless youre considering it as like its own breed of low quality... the game just... sucks. ive seen better infantry gameplay in modern warfare and better vehicle gameplay in halo and batttlefront... i dunno everything about this game screams mediocrity imo. like. they decided "well we cant make any of the features in this really polished, so instead we'll take a THOUSAND of these non-polished features and throw them all into the game, that way no one will notice that the game is essentially a weaker but slightly more complicated version of star wars battlefront...

Morridini
Battlefield is definitley my favorite FPS series, and BF2 is possibly the best FPS of the previous decade, but I just tried the demo... Something is off, I am not sure what is wrong. Me and a friend was playing it together and we were trying to figure out what was off, but beyond the feeling I couldn't put my finger on it. An odd experience.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
how does that make it its own breed? i mean unless youre considering it as like its own breed of low quality... the game just... sucks. ive seen better infantry gameplay in modern warfare and better vehicle gameplay in halo and batttlefront... i dunno everything about this game screams mediocrity imo. like. they decided "well we cant make any of the features in this really polished, so instead we'll take a THOUSAND of these non-polished features and throw them all into the game, that way no one will notice that the game is essentially a weaker but slightly more complicated version of star wars battlefront...

laughing out loud a weaker, yet slightly more complicated version of, Battlefront...,Really? I don't even know how you came up with that comparison, is it because there are vehicles in the game?

Battlefront definitely takes some getting used to. The game play isn't as fast paced as other FPS's like Call of duty and unlike Call of duty you really do need to work together as a team in most game modes.

I do agree that the control layout seems a bit clunky but you can always customize the controls and sensitivity to your liking. As for the respawning problems. Well, that is the risk you take when you decide to respawn in a squad. The trade off is, you can respawn in the midst of battle. You could always just respawn back at base.

I also don't understand why you can't go prone but that's just a small complaint for me. I'll take the large destructible maps over being able to go prone. The snow level also seems like a poor choice to showcase in the demo. The terrain is very cluttered and unlike the last, Bad company, not well suited for vehicles.

With all of that considered, i still don't see mediocrity in this demo. I see a deep and well made game. I think this game will piss off a lot of Call of Duty fans because unlike having scopes that do the work for you. The kills you score actually take some skill.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The game play isn't as fast paced as other FPS's like Call of duty and unlike Call of duty you really do need to work together as a team in most game modes.

which sucks because random people on LIVE who dont even have mics dont care about working as a team... yeah you can get into a clan or play with your friends but thats like going to the hospital after getting hurt instead of preventing the injury in the first place... thats a horrible analogy on my part xD

the sensitivity and layout dont help the clunkiness im talking about (mainly a delay between your actions on the controller and what goes on in the game).

you misread what i wrote stick out tongue

i was pointing of that several times in the game it was the enemy that would respawn around someone i was in the process of killing, and theyd gang rape me. it doesnt have anything to do with my own spawning lol. it just seems cheap to me that someone who is about to die can be magically saved by his allies respawning around him.

serves them right. iron sights FTW.

but in all seriousness it doesnt seem to take much skill... more than anything it seems to take having the right class... which is always not assault, and spray and pray.

jinXed by JaNx
which sucks because random people on LIVE who dont even have mics dont care about working as a team... yeah you can get into a clan or play with your friends but thats like going to the hospital after getting hurt instead of preventing the injury in the first place... thats a horrible analogy on my part xD

the sensitivity and layout dont help the clunkiness im talking about (mainly a delay between your actions on the controller and what goes on in the game).

you misread what i wrote stick out tongue

i was pointing of that several times in the game it was the enemy that would respawn around someone i was in the process of killing, and theyd gang rape me. it doesnt have anything to do with my own spawning lol. it just seems cheap to me that someone who is about to die can be magically saved by his allies respawning around him.

serves them right. iron sights FTW.

but in all seriousness it doesnt seem to take much skill... more than anything it seems to take having the right class... which is always not assault, and spray and pray.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yeah, it can be hard to find a good group of people or even people with mics or at least finding adults with mics mad
I'm sure there will be a few game modes that cater to the one man army technique.

The only delay i've really noticed is the knifing action. It's also annoying that instead of a simple slash your character raises his arm first and then stabs downward. I hate knifing in war games though. I really think the one hit kill needs to be changed to at least two hits. Or perhaps, only a certain class is given the advantage of being able to score a one hit kill with the knife.

I see what what you mean about the respawning now. I guess there is both good and bad with the squad spawn. I can't tell you how many times i've died instantly from spawning on a squad mate.

laughing out loud I'm all about iron sights too. The scopes in MW can be fun but many times they can feel like training wheels.

Ms.Marvel
the m16a2 is the top assault class weapon in the game???!

when was this game made, year 2000? haermm

and where the heck is the AK? at least the 74? the ak-74 is the standard assault rifle in the entire russian army... makes sense for it to be in the game, especially when shite like the f2000 is in it and xm8 lul. they do have the an-94... but come on erm

BoratBorat
I also caught a glimpse of the thompson sub machine gun... what the heck is a WWII gun doing in a modern warfare game?

Smasandian

and where the heck is the AK? at least the 74? the ak-74 is the standard assault rifle in the entire russian army... makes sense for it to be in the game, especially when shite like the f2000 is in it and xm8 lul. they do have the an-94... but come on erm

I'm pretty sure the Russian army use AN-94's now.

And seriously, you know your bitching if your bitching about a weapon class.

This game is not MW2.

BoratBorat
MW2 was fun for a while like all previous COD's but got terribly repetitive as you keep playing.

That being said i look forward to BC2.

@Smas

What GPU are you using? Is it still the 8800GTS SLI?

Ms.Marvel
I'm pretty sure the Russian army use AN-94's now.

And seriously, you know your bitching if your bitching about a weapon class.

This game is not MW2.

the an-94 not a standard russian infantry weapon... it is used in the army like i said though.

ohhh, quit being so butthurt. the game sucks bro and youre obviously reaching

BoratBorat

ohhh, quit being so butthurt. the game sucks bro and youre obviously reaching No it doesn't, its a breath of fresh air from the repetitive crap known as call of duty.

Ms.Marvel
how do you figure?

i dont mind people having opinions on anything but to say that im wrong and something is awesome without listing any reasons, and to then criticize me for disliking it and listing multiple reasons for why i have that opinion... its just silly. i mean ive been told that i was wrong by three different people but the only person out of those three to address everything i said is jinxd >_>

Nemesis X
What happened to the comedy? It's gone.

Smasandian
I said it's not supposed to be Call of Duty and comparing it to Call of Duty is wrong.

Call of Duty is standard deathmatch.

Battlefield games are not standard deathmatch. Call of Duty is well developed game because it only needs to get one aspect of the game right, and that's the shooting aspect.

Battlefield games need to get multiple things right. One is shooting, which I think it nailed. The other is vehicles, which they nailed it and one other big one that Call of Duty will never have is teamwork. And it nailed it pretty damn good also.

The problem you have is that your thinking its Call of Duty and comparing the experience against Call of Duty. Of course the game is going to suck, because it does not play like Call of Duty.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BoratBorat
MW2 was fun for a while like all previous COD's but got terribly repetitive as you keep playing.

That being said i look forward to BC2.

@Smas

What GPU are you using? Is it still the 8800GTS SLI?

Yeah, it works fine on medium settings. My friend has a single 8600 I think and it works fine on med settings also.

jinXed by JaNx

Honestly, i don't know shit about guns. I just point them at bad guys and make shite dead. There are only three kinds of guns to me, when it comes to video games. Long range (snipes) Medium rang (let'er rip, fully automatic) Short range ( ima get up in your face and wreck your shit...,shottys and pistols)

As for an AK..,I could give a fook less about an AK. I'd much rather have an AR-15

Ms.Marvel
I said it's not supposed to be Call of Duty and comparing it to Call of Duty is wrong.

Call of Duty is standard deathmatch.

Battlefield games are not standard deathmatch. Call of Duty is well developed game because it only needs to get one aspect of the game right, and that's the shooting aspect.

Battlefield games need to get multiple things right. One is shooting, which I think it nailed. The other is vehicles, which they nailed it and one other big one that Call of Duty will never have is teamwork. And it nailed it pretty damn good also.

The problem you have is that your thinking its Call of Duty and comparing the experience against Call of Duty. Of course the game is going to suck, because it does not play like Call of Duty.

call of duty has nothing to do with why i dislike this game. these are the reasons why i dislike the game:

as you can see i listed them already... the only reason i even mentioned call of duty was because i felt that the fields that they did have in common, call of duty did way better. which includes the "shooting" portion, which you think this game did great at, i think it sucks ass. i also feel that the teamwork aspect of the game is broken as well. its not worse than CoD but its not better either because they both have the same problem. in any CoD game in which the whole team is working together the chances are high that youll win the match. case in point? look at the pro games and tourny's, many of which I play at. individual skill does not carry a team. in this game it promotes team work by making you slow and clunky and giving you objectives that you cant achieve on your own... but when you actually play the game with strangers on LIVE there is no team work there is no unity its just wave after wave of your allies running toward the enemy with some snipers hanging back until one or two of them finally breaks through and detonates the bomb, then the fight moves on to the next objective. rinse and repeat. no teamwork required to win just luck and time for the most part...

so no. personally i think the game failed on an individual and macro level altogether... the only thing about this game that sets apart from others imo is that the vehicles are pretty cool... thats about it though.

my final opinion is that this game hasnt done anything that other games havent done better, and its essentially a mixture of all those things put together in a more mediocre way. if the game fixed the points that i listed earlier, then i think it could be good.

BoratBorat
how do you figure?

i dont mind people having opinions on anything but to say that im wrong and something is awesome without listing any reasons, and to then criticize me for disliking it and listing multiple reasons for why i have that opinion... its just silly. i mean ive been told that i was wrong by three different people but the only person out of those three to address everything i said is jinxd >_> Your opinions of this game sucking is not fact, it gets annoying when you treat your opinions as facts.

Ms.Marvel
when did i say they were a fact? in fact im pretty sure ive said "imo" a couple times now.

BoratBorat

ohhh, quit being so butthurt. the game sucks bro and youre obviously reaching ^ This implies alot.

Ms.Marvel
it implies that to ignore all of the points i made except for the most trivial and to then accuse me of bitching and essentially nitpicking, is a sign of reaching, or fanboyism.

BoratBorat
It also implies you believe the game sucks and are trying to convince people otherwise.

Ms.Marvel
no it doesnt. it implies i think the game sucks and im trying to see some reasons for why the game is considered good besides "because it just is!", which is essentially the only thing I've heard so far...

what about the game makes it so incredible? what aspect of the gameplay is unique and intuitive enough to pay 60+ dollars for it? do you think the controls are good? you enjoy playing it with your friends? are specific reasons too much? apparently im an ******* because i gave multiple specific reasons for my dislike for the game... i dont quite understand that though.

even if i was trying to convince people of my side, so what? its a discussion thread... im allowed to defend my point of view no? just because people dont like it doesnt mean i cant do it >_>

Smasandian
What game lets you snipe at a bunch of approaching soldiers, jump out of the building after it's taken down by a tank. Get into a helicopter and act as a gunner, mowing down people then parachuting off the helicopter onto another buidling and then jump on the machine gun and mow down a couple of trees to give people a good line of sight?

I also like the fact your comparing "pro" players and tournament players against beta pub players? How is that a good comparison.

The game is hectic and fun as hell. Something new is always happening. Something funny is always happening. Something special is always happening. I have countless stories from awesome games that I've had in Battlefield games. One involved holding off 3 guys while they try to take a point. Another is laying C4 at the entrance and pretending to run away and when getting chased by the tank I blow it up.

I played it on the PC. The controls are great. The graphics are good. The gameplay is top notch. It provides a different experience than most shooters out there. It's true.

Ms.Marvel
thanks smas

was that so hard stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
no borat no! =O

BoratBorat

even if i was trying to convince people of my side, so what? Which essentially means you are trying to convince other people that may like the game that this game sucks and they shouldn't bother spending money on it.

That's the impression i am getting. Besides, if this game sucks so hard, why constantly bash the game in this thread? Don't like it don't play it.

Hell if i told you why i liked the game you would keep pestering me to give reasons why i like the game and would try to convince me otherwise.

KingD19
^He has valid points....Ms.Marvel, your rebuttal?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Besides, if this game sucks so hard, why constantly bash the game in this thread? Don't like it don't play it.

because its a discussion board and i like to discuss things big grin

you mean like i did to smas right?

oh wait... i didnt no expression i said thank you and moved on >_>

AHHHH SHADDUP!

Ms.Marvel
so the games been out for awhile...

and i havent heard shit about it from any of you no expression

so whats the deal? opinions? play styles? shed some light foo's!

Smasandian
Fantastic game.

I've had a blast.

SP is alright though and I can't believe there isn't coop.

Burning thought
Brilliant game, my name is Chromesoldier, look me up. I am a Frist Sergeant (rank 19?) and I almost always play assault. Its a lot of fun, the game is fast and fluid and I have never played a game that made me feel this much apart of a war, its so realistic in how buildings and vehicles sound and move, get blown apart etc. Being able to cut into a building with some explosives to just run in and spray the enemy in rounds is a nice feeling, something I never felt in MW1 (never played MW2).

I have slowed down a little since I recently bought GoW 3 but hell, its a nice game and I am not usually the competitive multiplayer type.

Zack Fair
Battlefield has always been better at multiplayer than Call of Duty.

I remember back on the Xbox how I used to switch from Halo 2 to Battlefield 2.

I will eventually get this game, but Final Fantasy has me trapped for the time being. Need to grind like a bad mofo or I won't feel like I played FF xD

zeroking24
Fantastic game.

I've had a blast.

SP is alright though and I can't believe there isn't coop.

not as fun as modern warfare2 the campain is kinda stupid and hase the gayest guns

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by zeroking24
not as fun as modern warfare2 the campain is kinda stupid and hase the gayest guns

Modern Warfare 2 is stupid. You get way more people to play with online on Bad Company 2. That alone makes it a superior title. Of course I could go into detail about the other things that make Bad Company 2 much better.

The campaign I will agree isn't that good at all, but I wouldn't go in so far as to say that MW2 has a superior single-player.

Ms.Marvel
i would, ive played them both. id also say mw2 has better multiplayer after playing them boh, but that isnt saying a whole lot because mw2 sucks.

S_W_Legend_
The game is awesome. Only gripe i have is the relentless freezing issues i get on the pc version. Many users report that its most likely due to us using the onboard audio and i am not going to spend another 50 bucks to get a sound card just to play one game without flaw.

EA/DICE needs to fix this. Anywho way better than MW2 and the m16 = ownage.
Dunno if this is surprising but my soldier name is 0ldSnake.

And for those that think MW2 has the superior multiplayer probably suck at BC2, no offence intended but BC2 isn't about KDR PEW PEW PEW like MW2.

The Nuul
I sooooo want this game. MW 2 can suck my ass.

Admiral Akbar
i would, ive played them both. id also say mw2 has better multiplayer after playing them boh, but that isnt saying a whole lot because mw2 sucks.

So what you're saying is that Bad Company doesn't have a good multiplayer?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by S_W_Legend_
The game is awesome. Only gripe i have is the relentless freezing issues i get on the pc version. Many users report that its most likely due to us using the onboard audio and i am not going to spend another 50 bucks to get a sound card just to play one game without flaw.

EA/DICE needs to fix this. Anywho way better than MW2 and the m16 = ownage.
Dunno if this is surprising but my soldier name is 0ldSnake.

And for those that think MW2 has the superior multiplayer probably suck at BC2, no offence intended but BC2 isn't about KDR PEW PEW PEW like MW2.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but bad company is what you make of it. Of course kdr streaks aren't usually encouraged because of the the strategic/tactical nature of some of the bad company 2 modes, but you can be a sniper and choose to just get head shots instead of relaying information on enemy positions(spotting).

Also a lot of the time, on squad deathmatch for example a team would just camp around the APC and jump into it whenever it got the chance for kill sprees.

The Nuul
BC needs team work in order to win, in MW 2 someone could solo a team. Different styles of game play.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
for example a team would just camp around the APC and jump into it whenever it got the chance for kill sprees.

If any team was allowed to do this then the other teams are not playing. APC are easy to take down if your Engineer or recon and only so many guys can get into it at once. its also obvious, assault and medic classes could just use stealth and get more kills than the tank.

Zack Fair
So what you're saying is that Bad Company doesn't have a good multiplayer?

Yah she kindda lost me there

zeroking24
Modern Warfare 2 is stupid. You get way more people to play with online on Bad Company 2. That alone makes it a superior title. Of course I could go into detail about the other things that make Bad Company 2 much better.

The campaign I will agree isn't that good at all, but I wouldn't go in so far as to say that MW2 has a superior single-player.

ya but who gives a rats ass if u can be diffrent people

Ms.Marvel
it was a typo guys. meant to say that means a lot

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by zeroking24
ya but who gives a rats ass if u can be diffrent people

What?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Burning thought
If any team was allowed to do this then the other teams are not playing. APC are easy to take down if your Engineer or recon and only so many guys can get into it at once. its also obvious, assault and medic classes could just use stealth and get more kills than the tank.

Not if you have a squad of 3 engineers and an assault class. The assault just deploys smoke when necessary and the engineers get to work on repairing the vehicle. No amount of ordnance would matter in that case. The APC would be virtually indestructible. Even more-so if the driver got the armor upgrade.

Burning thought
That fanciful combination of classes would be easy to defeat by a few good players. hell, one good player. It would also help that team lose the match as that tactic would give the opposition a ton of nice kills.

jinXed by JaNx
I really don't know why people are still bothering with that crappy, call of balls. Bad Comp is everything that game wants to be. What a cheap ass DLC. Good job EA...,you can lick my ass. I'm done with EA forever. I'm not even buying another NHL game. From here on out it's 2Ksports. Not only has EA been doing everything that a game developer shouldn't but, their games also attract the most immature online audience around. I used to wonder why people played call of Balls or NHL without having a microphone but i've quickly learned that it's because only douche bags choose to use them anymore.

Ms.Marvel
what does ea have to do with call of duty? no expression

jinXed by JaNx
nothing. I was just ranting. I'm so disappointed in developers these days. I was venting some hate towards that crappy Army of 2 DLC along with the over priced DLC from call of balls.

Ms.Marvel
oh.

is ea responsible for the DLC in call of duty?

Burning thought
Got a nice amount of kills today, 32 kills, only about 3 deaths in one round and 15/1 in another which is good for me. Just got 3rd class Warrant officer as well and my platinum star, yay!

Morridini
Picked this up for the PC, man I'm out of practice when it comes to PC FPS, I'm really good at consoles, and once upon a time I was very good at BF Vietnam and BF2. Of the two multiplayer runs I've had, I had 1/10 and 6/8 K/D ratio, more practice is definitley needed.

Burning thought
I had to practice some myself although I dont play multiplayer games, certainly not the battlefield series so a lot of elements were new to me. I got a lot of deaths in my first plays but now my overall ratio is 1.50 so a few more hours of play and hopefully I can reach around 2.0+ which seems to be a good one to have.

Smasandian
It's not really about the killstreak.

As long as you have the points.

Ms.Marvel
a lot of the people who play the game dont think that way though...

its the same reason why hardcore TDM and S/D in MW sucks.

everyone has that lone wolf K/D driven mentality.

Morridini
It's not really about the killstreak.

As long as you have the points.

In the BF verse I prefer to be a medic, I've gotten pretty good at backing up my squad with it, and in BF2 our squad is sometimes unbeatable because of one great assult, one great support and me a superb amazing medic (:P). So I'd like to get that going here too, but I need a lot of kills now simply to unlock my medkit and shockpads, which is why I now care about the K/D ratio.

Ms.Marvel
indeed yes

its hard to encourage teamwork over k/d spread when you only unlock certain gear by killing X amount of people

Morridini
Well not only, think I got 10 points for capturing a flagpoint. So I'll just capture 139 more flags and not care about killings.

Also, why did they remove prone? I know it wasn't a BF thing until BF2, but it worked great there, and there's been so many times I would have survived if I had just been able to prone.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
In the BF verse I prefer to be a medic, I've gotten pretty good at backing up my squad with it, and in BF2 our squad is sometimes unbeatable because of one great assult, one great support and me a superb amazing medic (:P). So I'd like to get that going here too, but I need a lot of kills now simply to unlock my medkit and shockpads, which is why I now care about the K/D ratio.

You don't need a ton of kills to unlock stuff. You get way more points healing people than killing them.

The only class that really gets a ton of points is recon just because if you headshot a guy from long range, you can get 200 points per kill.

It also doesn't matter if you die so KD ratio is pretty much useless when trying to unlock.

Morridini
You don't need a ton of kills to unlock stuff. You get way more points healing people than killing them.

But to heal, I need to kill a lot at first.

Smasandian
Oh, sorry, now I understand.

You don't have the heal box. Ooops.

Burning thought
Same with the assault ammo box, you can get a ton of points just dropping the box down.

Morridini
Well I got the healing box, but as far as I can tell, I can only throw it out, I was kinda hoping I could hold it and stand next to someone else to manualy heal them without wasting the whole box, but that's no biggie. Just another 5000 points and I can start reviving people.

Smasandian
Well, the box respawns right?

Morridini
It does? I guess I havent stayed alive long enough to notice.

Smasandian
Yeah, it does. You can throw multiple boxes after it respawns.

Ms.Marvel
has anyone seen the commercials for this game? its almost shameless how theyre trying to market themselves as the CoD killer. regardless of if the game is actually better or not, its been out for a month and CoD has already sold almost 8 times more copies in its first day of release than this has after a month. point being, its failed as a CoD killer... miserably. they should like, market this as a great game in general. not, like, CoD's rival. its gonna lose lol

Smasandian
Not really going to lose if its going to sell over 2 million copies.

Ms.Marvel
why call yourself the CoD killer at all if its only going to make a quarter of what MW2 made? its not killing its sale, BF2 doesnt have more players, so obviously the majority of gamers dont think that its a superior game, etc.

i mean hell for all the hate, the rip-off that is the MW2 DLC sold 2 million copies in one day... and that was just the DLC. people love that retarded game.

Smasandian
Did they ever call themselves a COD killer?

I just thought they made fun of the game. Who gives a shit if the game sold less than MW2. It still sold extremely well, partly based on the advertising.

And when does a game quality based on how many people play it.

Ms.Marvel
a dice developer said that they were aiming to kill the CoD franchise (whatever the hell that means).

ill find the article later.

ArtificialGlory
a dice developer said that they were aiming to kill the CoD franchise (whatever the hell that means).

ill find the article later.

I wish them luck, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Not because of Dice, at least. I've heard that quite a few core devs left Infinity Ward, so that might actually kill CoD, but it's probably too much to hope for.

Ms.Marvel
hopefully its the ones who thought that MW2 was fine as is... man that game sucks.

they need to make it more like the first one, imo.

jinXed by JaNx
why call yourself the CoD killer at all if its only going to make a quarter of what MW2 made? its not killing its sale, BF2 doesnt have more players, so obviously the majority of gamers dont think that its a superior game, etc.

i mean hell for all the hate, the rip-off that is the MW2 DLC sold 2 million copies in one day... and that was just the DLC. people love that retarded game.

Cod is doing better in sales because of marketing, Imo. Call of Duty also has an established fan base. It will obviously take time to become number one in a competitive market like this but quality of gameplay, features and customer service always wins out. I like both, Cod and Bad Company. In my mind there is room for both but i don't think there is any question as to which company has the better game. Bad Company 2 is leaps and bounds better than Cod in nearly every area...,even graphics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.