Sentry vs. Celestial with twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
This is MM Sentry (no less) during the whole fight. No bfr.
The Celestial is an average one (not the weakest nor the strongest).

Fight is in space. Who wins?

If you guys think Sentry wins then what about against Exitar?

Omega Vision
Sentry is at best a Cube Being and the average Celestial is at least a rung higher on the cosmic pecking order than a Cube Being.

Celestial all the way.

h1a8
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Sentry is at best a Cube Being and the average Celestial is at least a rung higher on the cosmic pecking order than a Cube Being.

Celestial all the way.

So you think an average celestial>>classic MM?

bbrem123
people say that MM was weak then

h1a8
How so? He near near even with the Pre Ret Beyonder. He seperated the atoms of CA's shield like it was nothing.

bbrem123
yea well...sentry beat him so people think MM must have been weaker

Omega Vision
Originally posted by h1a8
How so? He near near even with the Pre Ret Beyonder. He seperated the atoms of CA's shield like it was nothing.
The MM Sentry beat was nowhere near as powerful as PR MM or PR Beyonder.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by bbrem123
yea well...sentry beat him so people think MM must have been weaker sentry is supposed to be near galactus level. at least that was what the writer who created him intended him to be

Knowsbleed33
The MM Sentry beat was nowhere near as powerful as PR MM or PR Beyonder.

You speak the truth.

Any Celestial obliterates Sentry.

the ninjak
Celestial........but Sentry is just warming up

King Kandy
So you think an average celestial>>classic MM?
There's a reason classic is "pre-retconned"... because he was retconned and isn't actually as strong as he appeared back then.

Slaanesh
Celestial stomp..

psycho gundam
This is MM Sentry (no less) during the whole fight. No bfr.
The Celestial is an average one (not the weakest nor the strongest).

Fight is in space. Who wins?

If you guys think Sentry wins then what about against Exitar? if you read comics you would know you made an obvious spite thread.

a mature cube being (who iirc son'd post retcon beyonder) literally explained that celestials would stomp them with ease, and owen reese is only half of a cube being's power.

facepalm

Blanket
Originally posted by psycho gundam
if you read comics you would know you made an obvious spite thread.

a mature cube being (who iirc son'd post retcon beyonder) literally explained that celestials would stomp them with ease, and owen reese is only half of a cube being's power.

facepalm H1 reads comics all the time. He told me.

manx422
Celestial

Warlord
^no
superman

manx422
Originally posted by Warlord
^no
superman thumb up

Bouboumaster

The MM you saw was at best equal to a cube being.

Nowhere near the power of Pre-Retcon Molecule Man.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Nowhere near the power of Pre-Retcon Molecule Man.

Or the power of Post-retcon Molecule Man.

rotiart
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Or the power of Post-retcon Molecule Man.

Or aunt may stick out tongue stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by King Kandy
There's a reason classic is "pre-retconned"... because he was retconned and isn't actually as strong as he appeared back then.

So the events of Secret Wars and other relevant issues never happened?

h1a8
if you read comics you would know you made an obvious spite thread.

facepalm

So the Beyonder is no match for a celestial since he is half a cube being too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision
So the Beyonder is no match for a celestial since he is half a cube being too. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Post Retcon Beyonder isn't a match for a Celestial. no expression

h1a8
Post Retcon Beyonder isn't a match for a Celestial. no expression

Comics are inconsistent yes. But Pre retcon Beyonder = Post retcon Beyonder by continuity right? If so then characters are used at their best not worst.

And Sentry stalemating Big G is just total lies huh?

Omega Vision
Comics are inconsistent yes. But Pre retcon Beyonder = Post retcon Beyonder by continuity right? If so then characters are used at their best not worst.

No they aren't =. Hence people wasting the necessary amount of time to explain the retcon part.

And yes Sentry never stalemated Big G except in Spider-Man's unreliable account. He's hardly a trusted authority on space and if it did happen it would have to have been a Galactus that was weaker than he's ever been portrayed in comics.

h1a8
No they aren't =. Hence people wasting the necessary amount of time to explain the retcon part.

And yes Sentry never stalemated Big G except in Spider-Man's unreliable account. He's hardly a trusted authority on space and if it did happen it would have to have been a Galactus that was weaker than he's ever been portrayed in comics.

So Pre ret Beyonder, Pre ret MM are not the same beings as the current ones?

Omega Vision
So Pre ret Beyonder, Pre ret MM are not the same beings as the current ones?
What part of "retcon" don't you understand?

JakeTheBank

At best it's a unreliable and unclear statement made by Spider-Man, who, unless I'm mistaken, isn't the foremost expert on the cosmic events in Marvel. The fact that people use some off panel, dubious event that hasn't even been elaborated further on as a legit feat is sad. That's like saying he can literally unleash the power of a million suns or whatever odd number they give him.

h1a8
What part of "retcon" don't you understand?

You are not explaining anything. Ret con doesn't mean anything to me as it can still cover continuity or erase it. Just explain how the classic versions are not the same beings as the current ones and I will understand.

psycho gundam
the retcon involved the living tribunal stating that the cosmics that confronted the young abstract being were letting him get his angst out on them and they pretended to lose.

King Kandy
You are not explaining anything. Ret con doesn't mean anything to me as it can still cover continuity or erase it. Just explain how the classic versions are not the same beings as the current ones and I will understand.
The classic versions were the same as the original. However it is explained that Beyonder was using "illusion powers" to make everyone (including himself) think he was omnipotent, and the abstracts were playing along.

h1a8
the retcon involved the living tribunal stating that the cosmics that confronted the young abstract being were letting him get his angst out on them and they pretended to lose.

Really? Thanks for the explanation. Do you know the issues?

Ok I can accept that but still MM and beyonder can destroy CA's shield like it was made of paper. That means something in this battle right?

Omega Vision
Really? Thanks for the explanation. Do you know the issues?

Ok I can accept that but still MM and beyonder can destroy CA's shield like it was made of paper. That means something in this battle right?
Not really. A Celestial could destroy the Odin-Sword easily.

h1a8
The classic versions were the same as the original. However it is explained that Beyonder was using "illusion powers" to make everyone (including himself) think he was omnipotent, and the abstracts were playing along.

I see. Ok thanks. But did MM really dismantle CA's shield or was that part an illusion too?

h1a8
Not really. A Celestial could destroy the Odin-Sword easily.

I know they can, and CA's shield too.

But my point is that someone who can easily destroy CA's shield can also Destroy a celestials armor too (especially if lowly Thor could bust through it with physical force). Is this sound logic? I'm not saying that Sentry could kill a celestial. But wouldn't destroying their armor be considered a win by default (like ko, or bfr, or something)?

King Kandy
I see. Ok thanks. But did MM really dismantle CA's shield or was that part an illusion too?
It's explained that most of the "lower" feats that Beyonder did (anything from destroying the galaxy to pwning mephisto, etc...) were still real. The only part that's really no longer true is him being stronger than the abstracts.

psycho gundam
I know they can, and CA's shield too.

But my point is that someone who can easily destroy CA's shield can also Destroy a celestials armor too (especially if lowly Thor could bust through it with physical force). Is this sound logic? I'm not saying that Sentry could kill a celestial. But wouldn't destroying their armor be considered a win by default (like ko, or bfr, or something)? the armour is only a shell, and thor was nowhere near winning when he fought them even after seemingly destroying it's "brain".

just like thor, sentry's best efforts will be for nought

bbrem123
living tribunal said MM was one of the most powerful thing in the multiverse...he was warping the multiverse

Lostedge
Even for the lowest baby Celestial beating Sentry would be easy.

Mr Master

It's explained that most of the "lower" feats that Beyonder did (anything from destroying the galaxy to pwning mephisto, etc...) were still real. The only part that's really no longer true is him being stronger than the abstracts.
Actually, post-retcon Beyonder erased 616 Death,
and Eternity's existence really was threatened by Beyonder even to this day.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master
Actually, post-retcon Beyonder erased 616 Death,
and Eternity's existence really was threatened by Beyonder even to this day.
Yeah, but the abstracts, death included, allowed him to do it.

psycho gundam
dave was made into the new death, not sure if that's been addressed or not.

Xplosive
If Sentry is on the level of Post-Retcon Molecule Man when he was the serious deal, then Sentry would win against average Celestial (actually not only against an average Celestial).
Otherwise any Celestial.

Branlor Swift
H1 creating a thread prompted me to look at the threads he made. This one was the most interesting... I guess?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Lostedge
Even for the lowest baby Celestial beating Sentry would be easy. just quoted because sig is hipnotic...

h1a8
So can the average celestial beat MM?
If so any proof by feats?

PillarofOsiris
I seriously can't believe someone made this thread.

bbrem123
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I seriously can't believe someone made this thread. lol

TheGodKiller
So can the average celestial beat MM?
If so any proof by feats?
Depends on what sort of fluff the Celestial is made from .

Also , can you tell me how hard can MM or a Celestial pinch themselves ? And while you're at it , can you also tell me how much force would they need to squeeze an egg without cracking it up ? I am really curious .

Harbinger
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.