Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11007/469373-galcian_large.jpg

Lord Galcian

VS

Sephiroth

http://www.thekoalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sephiroth.jpg

The mastermind of SoA takes on KMC's most frequently used Kleenex.

Both are at full power. Yay...

FYI, here's a taste of Galcian's power to get things started.

XxkooskvHhc

No End N Site
I don't really remember Galcian's feats but if Seph get's hit wit Terminal, he's dead....that fight with him was long as hell.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by No End N Site
Galcian...

...is pretty cool for a Dreamcast character.

No End N Site
Wasn't Galcian stronger than Vice-Captain Ramirez ? Ramirez was his right hand man.

LLLLLink
I cant remember, but I gotta feeling like he was superior as a fighter in some way...

Terminal was a balls good attack.

Maester_yoda
Wasn't Galcian stronger than Vice-Captain Ramirez ? Ramirez was his right hand man.

yes. Ramirez was not as strong as Galcian. Possibly had the potential, but at their powers as seen in the game, Galcian is stronger.

And yes, that battle was eternal

fascistcrusader
While we're posting flashy gameplay attacks I suppose I'll show Sephiroth's to make Terminal look silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNHB9J0eqs

Maester_yoda
your honor i'd like to point out that super nova would utterly destroy every single thing in our galaxy, which it didn't do in the evidence posted. So by said evidence and just a little common sense, i declare Super nova to not be as strong as Sephy lovers claim to be, and therefore the evidence is nullified

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Maester_yoda
your honor i'd like to point out that super nova would utterly destroy every single thing in our galaxy, which it didn't do in the evidence posted. So by said evidence and just a little common sense, i declare Super nova to not be as strong as Sephy lovers claim to be, and therefore the evidence is nullified

I don't know what kind of supernova it would have to be to destroy an entire galaxy.

Maester_yoda
i said our galaxy and all of our galaxy needs the sun, and a super nova is a star blowing up. our sun is a star

ArtificialGlory
i said our galaxy and all of our galaxy needs the sun, and a super nova is a star blowing up. our sun is a star

Your knowledge on cosmology is pretty limited, isn't it? There are billions of stars(Suns, if you will) in a galaxy. I'm pretty sure you meant a solar system/star system.

Phanteros
A galaxy is much more larger than a what Seph blown up. What Seph blown up was Solar system that a galaxy contains within one of many of its nebulas.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Your knowledge on cosmology is pretty limited, isn't it? There are billions of stars(Suns, if you will) in a galaxy. I'm pretty sure you meant a solar system/star system.

i concede. I was wrong. I did indeed mean a solar system. That was the point i was getting at. Thank you for pointing that out, my bad

Phanteros
AG, you could of worded what you said better.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Phanteros
AG, you could of worded what you said better.

How?

fascistcrusader
Supernova doesn't really destroy a solar system, according to the Ultimanias it hits its target with the power of an expanding star and it can break down dimensional barriers, but it doesn't destroy the sun ferreal.

I just posted the video to prove that if we're settling this based on flashiness of attacks, Sephiroth stomps.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Supernova doesn't really destroy a solar system, according to the Ultimanias it hits its target with the power of an expanding star and it can break down dimensional barriers, but it doesn't destroy the sun ferreal.

I just posted the video to prove that if we're settling this based on flashiness of attacks, Sephiroth stomps.

How do you hit someone with the power of a supernova anyway? Hitting someone with so much power would easily destroy the planet they're on.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
How do you hit someone with the power of a supernova anyway? Hitting someone with so much power would easily destroy the planet they're on.

kinda what i was getting at

ScreamPaste
I've pointed this and many other flaws out to FC and Kill3r a million times. They simply refuse to accept it.

LLLLLink

And yet, "normal" humans (Tifa, Barrett, Cid) tank the power of an exploding star.....

No...not happening.

fascistcrusader
Well seeing as how the creators said it hits with the power of an expanding star, it hits that hard. Unfortunately a lot of people don't understand that a games creators have the final say, their word holds sway and yours doesn't.

People also seem to be unable to comprehend the "only hits one target with that power" part. In Star Wars guide books we're told that turbolasers hit with many gigatons of energy, this being millions of times stronger than all of Earts nuclear weapons. However, because it's concentrated to the area the laser hits, it doesn't send a blast over a planet's entire surface, there is very little splash damage. That's how Supernova works.

No End N Site
I have not seen Seph destroy a fleet of battle ships in one attack. The Terminal does.

ScreamPaste
If Seph actually had that kind of power, he would not have needed Meteor to wound the planet.

fascistcrusader
Scream, like I've said before, Supernova can't destroy planets, it's used against opponents or groups of opponents. It cannot function to wound the planet like Meteor can. Now when you own the rights to FF VII you can come back and argue against canon, but until then you have asolutely no say in it. sad

ScreamPaste
Lol, and Cloud can survive such an attack, too, I'm sure. Cloud could have stopped meteor by placing his toes in it's path, too, eh?

No End N Site
yes. Ramirez was not as strong as Galcian. Possibly had the potential, but at their powers as seen in the game, Galcian is stronger.

And yes, that battle was eternal It took me at least an hour to beat him. He wasn't all that hard but he had so much HP. Ramirez was hard. He kept using that damn death move that instantly kills you.

LLLLLink
If Supernova truly hits with the power of an expanding star, then Cloud should have NEVER had a problem killing Sephiroth, seeing that he can tank it.

I really think that Supernova is part of the reason why Seph cant get any respect here.

1dN7L-YVdYY

A little on the Power Rangers side, but still, eat your damn heart out, Sephiroth.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I've pointed this and many other flaws out to FC and Kill3r a million times. They simply refuse to accept it.

No I accept it quite fine. When haven't I accepted it?

Originally posted by LLLLLink
And yet, "normal" humans (Tifa, Barrett, Cid) tank the power of an exploding star.....

No...not happening.

Show me it happening to them. Canonically.

Scream, like I've said before, Supernova can't destroy planets, it's used against opponents or groups of opponents. It cannot function to wound the planet like Meteor can. Now when you own the rights to FF VII you can come back and argue against canon, but until then you have asolutely no say in it. sad

Not only that, but if it did destroy planets, it wouldn't accomplish what Sephiroth wanted. Why would he destroy the thing he was gonna get power from? Basically he has a power socket with a tiny hole, he can get a small amount of power from it, but he wants a bigger one, using Supernova would destroy the power socket not make a bigger hole.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Lol, and Cloud can survive such an attack, too, I'm sure. Cloud could have stopped meteor by placing his toes in it's path, too, eh?

No-one ever said that. Why must you insist that Supernova must be something Cloud can survive?

If Supernova truly hits with the power of an expanding star, then Cloud should have NEVER had a problem killing Sephiroth, seeing that he can tank it.

Holy crap, when did Cloud tank it?

He never did.

LLLLLink
So, your claim is that Supernova isn't a feat at all, since it didn't happen canonically?

fascistcrusader
No, just because Sephiroth has never used it on Cloud doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The story sections of three different guide books of the series list it as a canon attack that is as powerful as we've been saying it is.

LLLLLink
But it needs to be canon in a game.

You know what we call feats that exist in stories but not in games? Fanfiction.

All I need to know is this: Is Supernova a canon move in the game or not?

Maester_yoda
they consider it one in dissidia, but that brings up the argument if dissidia is canon. The game developers said its up the the player to decide, which means its not canon, but you do have some ignorant fan boys that like to say it is

LLLLLink
Well, in the Sonic-verse, Hyper Sonic can implode the universe or something like that. I've never seen a Hyper Sonic in any game I've played, but he gets treated like canon among his fans.

fascistcrusader
No, because it happened in the plot guide for the game made by it's creators. Dumbledore never took it up the ass in a Harry Potter book but canonically he's gay. Why? Because his creator said so.

No they didn't, that was a fake interview a fan created before the game was released in Japan, the developers have said that it's a genuine entry in the series, that it's more canon than spin off titles, and the Dissidia Ultimania explains how the story of it ties into the other FF's plots. Not to mention it's a prequel to FF I, the game that started it all.

LLLLLink
Wow, that sounds made up. They actually said that?
Somebody is running out of ideas...

fascistcrusader
Yeah, JK Rowling said Dumbledore is gay. That's been old news for a while now...

LLLLLink
I was actually talking about the FF1 prequel thing.

fascistcrusader
The Cosmos and Chaos reports in Dissidia explain how the cycle was started, where Garland, the Warrior(s) of Light and Chaos came from, how Chaos and Garland relate, and the final shot of Dissidia is the opening shot of FF I. FF I is about the final defeat of Garland/Chaos after an infinite cycle of battle. The story of Dissidia is the story of FF I, but before the breaking of the cycle.

No End N Site
My sister is a huge Final Fantasy fan girl and I asked her was Dissidia canon and she said no. I looked it up on the net and I can't find evidence that it is. Everyone keeps saying it's not. When did Square Enix say this?

fascistcrusader
In the Dissidia Ultimania and Kitase and Arakawa, the producer and director of Dissidia respectively, said it was canon in Kitase's blog on 1up.com.

Maester_yoda

fascistcrusader
Even if that were the only reference it would prove it canon. Seeing as how Gaiden are spin off stories that may or may not be canon, this statement means the game is definitely canon because making it a spin off with ambiguous canon status would make the game too distant. They wanted to make a game that was part of the main series.

However, Takeshi Arakawa, the game's director, also said this on the blog:

"As a rule we were extremely careful to treat DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY as a genuine entry in the FINAL FANTASY series."

So the producer says it isn't a non canon spin off and the director says it's a genuine entry in the main series. Even without these there's still the fact that Dissidia is to FF I as Crisis Core is to FF VII, and the Ultimania speaks of it as canon, going so far as to say how it ties in to the other plots.

ScreamPaste
Thanks for this.

This actually implies it's not canon. You never say this about your own child:
"I treat my child like my own child", for instance. This implies, they're treating it as a geniune entry for quality purposes, not for canon.

fascistcrusader
Awww, little Scream is trying to talk with the big kids again. Sorry champ, but all the creators and all the king's men have said it's canon.

Your little opinion means as much to this discussion as a bacon cheeseburger means to Hasidic Jew. You don't even think the Ultimania's are right when it comes to FF VII, you can't be expected to handle even more advanced concepts. smile

Besides, silly goose, when people make a sequel to a movie they say they're careful to treat it as a real addition to the franchise. When the producers of Freddy vs Jason say they're careful to treat it as both a genuine Nightmare and Friday film, they're saying it's canon and they want it to be faithful to earlier standards.

ScreamPaste
Keep babbling, boyo, you're makin' me look good.

fascistcrusader
Sorry sport, but nothing can make you look good after all your Link wank. sad

ScreamPaste
You have no grasp of irony, do you? stick out tongue

fascistcrusader
My grasp on irony is nearly half the strength of your grasp on Link's penis, very strong indeed.

ScreamPaste
I lol'd. I can barely hear your accusations of Link wank over that FF cawk in yer mouth. embarrasment

Not to mention, Link's not even in this thread, so.. where's your argument?

K1ll3r
But it needs to be canon in a game.

You know what we call feats that exist in stories but not in games? Fanfiction.

All I need to know is this: Is Supernova a canon move in the game or not?

In Crisis Core, you can participate in a mini-game where you are asked questions to gauge your knowledge of Sephiroth.

"What is Sephiroths most powerful spell?"

If you answer Supernova, you are correct. (NOTE: This is talking about Pre-Nib Sephiroth)

'Couple this with the fact that Supernova has been explained and said to be a spell of his in several Ultimanias means that yes he does indeed have this spell and it does indeed hit the target\s with the power of a super nova.

LLLLLink
Like how Sephiroth uses 11 bottles of shampoo or something?
Lol...

K1ll3r
Like how Sephiroth uses 11 bottles of shampoo or something?
Lol...

No.

I see you are using petty jokes, I guess this means you can't argue against Supernova anymore.

fascistcrusader
Actually Sephiroth's fan club in Crisis Core says that Sephiroth uses a full bottle of shampoo and conditioner on his hair daily. I think Link is referencing that.

K1ll3r
Actually Sephiroth's fan club in Crisis Core says that Sephiroth uses a full bottle of shampoo and conditioner on his hair daily. I think Link is referencing that.

Which shows he can't argue against Supernova anymore?

ScreamPaste
Actually it shows that supernove's been sunk more times on this forum than the Titanic's been sunk on screen, and no one needs to bother anymore.

fascistcrusader
Silly Scream, deciding what's canon is the creator's job, not yours. smile

ScreamPaste
Can I keep you in a cage and feed you seeds? You'd make a terrific parrot.

Nemesis X
When ScreamPaste knows he fails and his stupid comebacks have no effect on the people he's arguing against, there are two different things he can do in a situation like this: GTHO or act even more retarded. Sadly the Link wanker chose the second.

fascistcrusader
Cute, but you're still wrong. The creators have final say, silly buns.

LLLLLink
^ Yes, thank you.

Also, Supernova is clearly not all it is cracked up to be. Cloud can tank it, and if he can tank it, so can pretty much everyone else.

K1ll3r
^ Yes, thank you.

Also, Supernova is clearly not all it is cracked up to be. Cloud can tank it, and if he can tank it, so can pretty much everyone else.

Cloud doesn't have the durability to tank it.

LLLLLink
Vids?

fascistcrusader
He doesn't need vids. Cloud has never been hit with Supernova in canon. Gameplay =/= storyline.

LLLLLink
Therefore, Sephiroth has never used Supernova in canon, am I right?

fascistcrusader
He's used it pre Nibelheim, that's why his fanclub knew about it, but he hasn't used it since his enormous increase in power post Nibelheim.

Maester_yoda
He's used it pre Nibelheim, that's why his fanclub knew about it, but he hasn't used it since his enormous increase in power post Nibelheim.

you realize how stupid you sound right?

fascistcrusader
I sound stupid for sharing the game's plot? Ok, sport-o, whatever you say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScreamPaste
And Sephiroth's fanclub knew it had the power of an exploding sun. Ohwait.

Obvious hyperbole is obvious.

fascistcrusader
No, Sephiroth's fan club said nothing of the sort. The part about it having the power of an exploding sun is straight from Sephiroth's creators mouths in the CC Complete Guide. Nomura and pals still know more than you, sorry. sad

LLLLLink
Can I get a game reference, since this is the Game Versus forums and not the 12 year late Character Bio book forums?

No End N Site
I would love to see this CC Complete Guide or a site reference it for Seph's Super Nova. Most of the net seems to have never heard of this bit because everywhere I look seems to think it's just a powerful spell that uses the name.

K1ll3r
Can I get a game reference, since this is the Game Versus forums and not the 12 year late Character Bio book forums?

Your game reference is the fact the game brings it up at all. You just want to know the power of it, which common sense would tell you is the same as it's name, however if you want more proof then ask the creators. Also 12 years...LOL.

I would love to see this CC Complete Guide or a site reference it for Seph's Super Nova. Most of the net seems to have never heard of this bit because everywhere I look seems to think it's just a powerful spell that uses the name.

A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAYAatgAchM
@ 45 seconds.

B. http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/284/crisis-core-complete-guide-keyword-collection/

@ Supernova (Do a search on the page)

This is a translation from the official book of the same name. (Expanding star)

This book is an explanation of things in the game, for people too DENSE to understand things about it, such as the power of a spell named Supernova. Btw, made by Square Enix THE CREATORS.

CosmicComet
^Considering the fact that it destroys the same god damn planets every time he uses it in a single battle, It's a useless unquantifiable game mechanic only maneuver.

No End N Site
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Your game

A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAYAatgAchM
@ 45 seconds.

B. http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/284/crisis-core-complete-guide-keyword-collection/

@ Supernova (Do a search on the page)

This is a translation from the official book of the same name. (Expanding star)

This book is an explanation of things in the game, for people too DENSE to understand things about it, such as the power of a spell named Supernova. Btw, made by Square Enix THE CREATORS.

I don't understand why you posted this for 'me', almost a year late. What you have shown me are things I already knew before I even made my post all that time ago. BTW, are you trying to call me dense?

LLLLLink
Galcian was boss.

No End N Site
The fact that you could hold so many items made him easy, just tedious. Dude could kill me in 1 move but all the shit I had in prep allowed me to heal the shit outta my party. He had a shit load of HP, I had to do the Ultimate Team Up Move at least 7 times and man did it take a while to fill that gauge up so mant times. I droped a phuckin' moon on him and he just keep going.

Piastol was the hardest boss to me, but she's only in the upgrade version for the GC. She and that damn dog had an hideously accurate instant death spell.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by CosmicComet
^Considering the fact that it destroys the same god damn planets every time he uses it in a single battle, It's a useless unquantifiable game mechanic only maneuver.

Considering the fact that:

A. That was used in gameplay, ergo Supernova was tuned to only severely harm the party and not destroy everything. (Which Sephiroth didn't want anyway)

B. CC states it is a spell he has.

C. The creators have quantified it.

means you're wrong.

I don't understand why you posted this for 'me', almost a year late. What you have shown me are things I already knew before I even made my post all that time ago. BTW, are you trying to call me dense?

It wasn't just posted for you, but also for LLLLLink.

~7 Months later because I was busy with University\Work\Internship.

If you already knew these things, then why did you ask? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I only called people who question what a spell called 'Supernova' does 'dense' and need it explained to them by the creators. If that's you then I'm sorry.

LLLLLink
Supernova is BS. Trying to quantify it is beyond fail.

K1ll3r
Supernova is BS. Trying to quantify it is beyond fail.

It has been quantified by the creators. So no-one is trying to quantify it.

LLLLLink
They failed hard at doing so.

K1ll3r
They failed hard at doing so.

0/10

Go back to your bridge troll.

TheAuraAngel
http://community.livejournal.com/ff7/775307.html?thread=6432907

Is this the CC Guide you were talking about?

K1ll3r
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
http://community.livejournal.com/ff7/775307.html?thread=6432907

Is this the CC Guide you were talking about?

Yeeahhh...except that looks like it was stolen from my link I put up.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fant...ord-collection/

Why didn't you just go to the one I gave instead of searching for another?

Again, it is a translation from the official book if you missed that too.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Yeeahhh...except that looks like it was stolen from my link I put up.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fant...ord-collection/

Why didn't you just go to the one I gave instead of searching for another?

Again, it is a translation from the official book if you missed that too.

Because I did not pay attention to said thread. Anyway, not that my opinion matters in the slightest, but I say Supernova is okay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.