Blackheart vs. Mephisto vs. Dormammu vs. Satannish vs. Shuma Gorath.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
All at full power.

sick sick

galactusischere
Shuma soloes everybody else.

JakeTheBank
Mephisto offers to retcon the others' past.

He is then destroyed.

Omega Vision
Shuma could probably take most if not all of the others on at the same time and win. erm

pinksushi1
How does the ranking go from most powerful to least powerful?

galactusischere
Originally posted by pinksushi1
How does the ranking go from most powerful to least powerful?
Shuma Gorath
Dormammu
Meph
Satannish
Blackheart

IMO

pinksushi1
Satannish above Blackheart? May I ask why?

galactusischere
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Satannish above Blackheart? May I ask why?

actually switch the positions of the two. Never intended on that.

pinksushi1
Blackheart can do things that Mephisto can't and vice-versa.

KingD19
Blackheart is near the top of the list in my opinion.

pinksushi1
Blackeart is definitely not above Shuma Gorath or Dormammu.

KingD19
No, but he is above his father.

Colossus-Big C
didnt these guys and the other hell lords fight and kill archenemy?

pinksushi1
Originally posted by KingD19

Depends. They both have advantages and disadvantages with respect to each other.

KingD19
In sheer scope of power, I'd edge it out to Blackheart. Especially since he can read/manipulate minds, and forcibly take souls, something his father can't. Although I'd give Mephisto the edge in versatility.

pinksushi1
In sheer scope of power, I'd edge it out to Blackheart. Especially since he can read/manipulate minds, and forcibly take souls, something his father can't. Although I'd give Mephisto the edge in versatility.

True, but Blackheart has to take human form or his power diminishes. Not the same for Mephisto. There other disadvantages and advantages as well.

cpd12589
1. Dormammu
2. Shuma-Gorath
3. Blackheart
4. Mephisto
5. Satannish

Shuma-Gorath is only #1 on this list while in the Chaos Dimension literally ANYWHERE else Dormammu stomps him. Also if you were to go by feats then Dormammu is even further out in front of Shuma-Gorath. Dormammu has actual feats while 90%+ of what Shuma-Gorath claims is hyperbole.

zopzop
Originally posted by cpd12589
1. Dormammu
2. Shuma-Gorath
3. Blackheart
4. Mephisto
5. Satannish

Shuma-Gorath is only #1 on this list while in the Chaos Dimension literally ANYWHERE else Dormammu stomps him. Also if you were to go by feats then Dormammu is even further out in front of Shuma-Gorath. Dormammu has actual feats while 90%+ of what Shuma-Gorath claims is hyperbole.

thumb up

Inside his dimension, even ignoring his humiliation at Strange's hands, I'd place Gorath above all the other demon lords on that list.

Outside his dimension :
Dormammu
Mephisto/Satannish
Gorath
Blackheart

Unless I missed something spectacular that Blackheart has done.

CortSether
1. Dormammu
2. Shuma-Gorath
3. Blackheart
4. Mephisto
5. Satannish

thumb down

Except Shuma-Gorath is still more powerful than everybody on this list in neutral ground by a long shot.

cpd12589
Originally posted by CortSether
thumb down

Except Shuma-Gorath is still more powerful than everybody on this list in neutral ground by a long shot.

Definitely not.... Dormammu is most definitely more powerful than Shuma-Gorath outside of the Chaos Dimension. Shuma-Gorath is still above everyone else on the list outside the Chaos Dimension, just not Dormammu.

Doctor Strange himself has even said that Dormammu is his "most terrible foe" and that "at full power no one could stand against". Doctor Strange ACTUALLY said those things unlike when Shuma-Gorath made that illusion of Dormammu in front of Doctor Strange to boast and frighten him. Once again just more hyperbole instead of actual feats....

StiltmanFTW

But not above Bone Claw Wolverine.

lilshogun
SHUMA destroys everyone here. When Strange gained Shuma's power he could not travel back to earth & his home universe cause JUST HIS PRESENCE ALONE would destroyed Galaxies! That's without even trying.

Cosmic_Beings
A lot of these guys need to be in their own dimension to be at full power. If we're talking about everyone being on 616 in normal reality I'd say Mephisto because even though he also has his own dimension he can cause some insane shit to occur on the regular plane of existence.

Sundipped
Originally posted by lilshogun
SHUMA destroys everyone here. When Strange gained Shuma's power he could not travel back to earth & his home universe cause JUST HIS PRESENCE ALONE would destroyed Galaxies! That's without even trying.

This is true but keep in mind Doc had absorbed power from that plane, Shuma, and a being who labeled himself as infinite to add to his own.

guy222
dormy

CortSether
Originally posted by Sundipped
This is true but keep in mind Doc had absorbed power from that plane, Shuma, and a being who labeled himself as infinite to add to his own.

But it was directly stated by Kaluu that it was the mystic energies absorbed from Shuma-Gorath that would destroy galaxies.

Definitely not.... Dormammu is most definitely more powerful than Shuma-Gorath outside of the Chaos Dimension. Shuma-Gorath is still above everyone else on the list outside the Chaos Dimension, just not Dormammu.

Doctor Strange himself has even said that Dormammu is his "most terrible foe" and that "at full power no one could stand against". Doctor Strange ACTUALLY said those things unlike when Shuma-Gorath made that illusion of Dormammu in front of Doctor Strange to boast and frighten him. Once again just more hyperbole instead of actual feats....

Haha, you're going to bash me about using hyperbole when you use what Strange said as proof? Mr. Fantastic once stated that Spider-man was his equal intellectually. Is that a fact now? laughing

And besides, Strange made it pretty clear all throughout his first encounter with Shuma that he was facing a superior foe than Dormammu. And if you want to use Strange's words as the be all end all here, he states that he has never felt such power when Shuma manifested itself as the Ancient One. The Ancient One's willingness to kill himself in order to save the earth from Shuma is proof enough that Shuma is superior to Dormammu. When Dormammu can stalemate the combined Vishanti all on his own without some sort of plot device (like a cosmic axis shift) to back him up, you let me know.

Sundipped
Originally posted by CortSether
But it was directly stated by Kaluu that it was the mystic energies absorbed from Shuma-Gorath that would destroy galaxies.

Yeah but I'm inclined to believe it had to be all energy associated with Shuma but not Docs own.

bbrem123
Dormammu
Shuma Gorath
Blackhart/Mephisto
Satannish

CortSether
Shuma-Gorath
Dormammu
Mephisto
Blackheart
Satannish

cpd12589
On neutral ground

Dormammu
Shuma-Gorath
Blackheart
Mephisto
Satannish

In the Chaos Dimension Shuma-Gorath moves to #1.

Endless Mike
It was stated by Kaluu (The Ancient One's rival and Doctor Strange's one-time mentor) that even in one of the lesser dimensions controlled by Shuma, beings like Mephisto and Dormammu would "be as mice in a great temple"wink.

cpd12589
Do you have the scan?

zopzop
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It was stated by Kaluu (The Ancient One's rival and Doctor Strange's one-time mentor) that even in one of the lesser dimensions controlled by Shuma, beings like Mephisto and Dormammu would "be as mice in a great temple"wink.

Hype/Hyperbole proving nothing. Strange never owned Dormammu, Satannish, or Mephisto in their own realms the way he owned Gorath.

If you want to go by hype/hyperbole I got a scan of Strange saying, no one, not even Dormammu at the height of his power ever made Strange feel so helpless (this was in reference to Satannish and took place well after he encountered and defeated Gorath).

Endless Mike
He only beat Shuma after absorbing the power of his Lieutenant who was insanely strong.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong, it said Mephisto and Satannish, not Dormammu. Anyway here is the scan:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Shuma-Gorath/shumagorathpower1.jpg

Also another point is that Sise-Neg said he would have had trouble destroying Shuma so he banished him instead, if you know how powerful Sise-Neg is that is really impressive.

JakeTheBank
Strange rocked an eyepatch?

cpd12589
Originally posted by zopzop
Hype/Hyperbole proving nothing. Strange never owned Dormammu, Satannish, or Mephisto in their own realms the way he owned Gorath.

If you want to go by hype/hyperbole I got a scan of Strange saying, no one, not even Dormammu at the height of his power ever made Strange feel so helpless (this was in reference to Satannish and took place well after he encountered and defeated Gorath).

Yeah that's exactly how I feel about it. Doctor Strange temporarily destroyed Shuma-Gorath at Stonehenge and embarrassed him in the Chaos Dimension. Even with all that I will still say in the Chaos Dimension Shuma-Gorath should be at the top of the list.

But outside of the Chaos Dimension there's no way he could compete with Dormammu. And if we go by feats he most definitely doesn't measure up.

1. Dormammu
2. Shuma-Gorath
3. Blackheart
4. Mephisto
5. Satannish

Endless Mike
Strange banished him at Stonehenge because that was the only place on Earth he could do so. He was also weakened at that point since he was already recovering from his previous defeat.

cpd12589
Strange banished him at Stonehenge because it's a place of magic not because it was the only place he could.

Endless Mike
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Shuma-Gorath/shumagorathbanishedagain.jpg

cpd12589
That doesn't exactly prove that he couldn't have banished him anywhere else. Just why he chose Stonehenge.

CortSether
That doesn't exactly prove that he couldn't have banished him anywhere else. Just why he chose Stonehenge.

The whole point with using Stonehenge was that Strange couldn't teleport him without it. Otherwise why go through the trouble of luring him there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.