Uber Majestic vs Sun Amped Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

The Nuul
SAS has way more and better feats than UM...

He would prob come close to stomping here.

"Id"
Whats an Ubber Majestic?

The Nuul
Originally posted by "Id"
Whats an Ubber Majestic?

Some says he has some uber feats...dunno if they mean that. These so called uber feats are only very few and dont match up to SAS feats.

"Id"
From what issue, does Ubber Majestic take place?

The Nuul
Dunno, havent read WC in a while. I want to know that too.

Q99
I'm assuming that refers to the time he rearranged the solar system, including temporarily making the Sun binary by splitting off a piece of it.

Though I should note, it took him literally decades and he used a fair amount of tech to help.

dmills
Uber Majestic is basically pre crisis Supes. No mental blocks, no restraint. That's how he was written by because JL was sick of powerful characters being restrained. He'd rip sds in half.

dmills
OP I assume that's who you're referring to and not cosmic Majectic right?

Original Smurph
Except that PC Superman's feats > Majestros...

SAS would stomp Majestic. Normal Superman would be a much better match.

Mindset
He was more like SBP than regular Supes, wasn't he?

The Nuul
Originally posted by Original Smurph

SAS would stomp Majestic. Normal Superman would be a much better match.

thumb up

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
He was more like SBP than regular Supes, wasn't he?

Hes a like Batman/Superman but without the quality or amount of feats that SAS or SBP has.

dmills
Bullshit. If you didn't know any better and someone explained his feats and told you it was pre crisis Supes, you'd believe it. It's because his name isn't clark peeps are hating. Sundipped my ass.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by dmills
Bullshit. If you didn't know any better and someone explained his feats and told you it was pre crisis Supes, you'd believe it. It's because his name isn't clark peeps are hating. Sundipped my ass. Majestic used technology and decades to rearrange a solar system.

PC Superman destroyed a solar system with a sneeze:
http://img57.imageshack.us/i/pctr7.jpg/

barker

dmills
Read the comic. He only took decades because he didn't want people on earth to realize the solor system was changing. He used the tech so that the planets wouldn't collapse under their own weight.

dmills
Opps. Double post

dmills
Oh and I should have said he's like pre crisis Supes minus stupid crap like sneezing and destroying the solar system. They wanted to bring some type of realism to the feats (for lack of a better term)

Original Smurph
Read the comic. He only took decades because he didn't want people on earth to realize the solor system was changing. He used the tech so that the planets wouldn't collapse under their own weight. I have read the comic. Yes, he took a lot of time due to the preciseness of the changes that he had to make and the measures he had to take for secrecy, but that doesn't change the fact that it took him decades.

Majestic, over an unspecified (but lengthy) amount of time moved planets enough to make the solar system look different.

PC Superman contains the power in his nostrils to blow away planets.

Yes, Majestic used the gloves to keep the planets from collapsing under their own weight, but that's the only time he went into detail over his technology. Nobody really knows what he used to split the sun in two, and everything else was covered vaguely.

It's a great feat. I'm a Majestic fan. I realize he's not anywhere approaching the level of PC Superman though.

Original Smurph
Oh and I should have said he's like pre crisis Supes minus stupid crap like sneezing and destroying the solar system. They wanted to bring some type of realism to the feats (for lack of a better term) So, if we ignore many of Pre-Crisis Superman's feats and capabilities, and present an entirely different character whose showings we select purposefully so that Majestic may measure up against him... then yes, whoever that guy is, might be in Majestic's league of power.

PC Superman isn't though.

dmills
Fine. In order to prevent this thread from turning into an 100+ page monstrosity, we'll agree to disagree about pre crisis. Do you agree that he is above sun dipped Supes?

Harbinger

SAS would stomp Majestic. Normal Superman would be a much better match. Something tells me that Smurph would say "no."

The Nuul
Majestic had prep to move that solar system. There is none for this fight.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Nuul
Majestic had prep to move that solar system. There is no for this fight. lol

Original Smurph
Fine. In order to prevent this thread from turning into an 100+ page monstrosity, we'll agree to disagree about pre crisis. Do you agree that he is above sun dipped Supes? Nein.

I'm not even convinced he's above regular Superman (though I do like Majestros far more).

The Nuul
lol

Looking in the mirror again?

Mindset
Looking in the mirror again? Yea, your mom is behind me blowing a clown.

The Nuul
Yea, your mom is behind me blowing a clown.

Cool...

Original Smurph
Yea, your mom is behind me blowing a clown. laughing out loud

dmills
Originally posted by Original Smurph Nein.
I'm not even convinced he's above regular Superman If you believe that would you mind buying this bridge I have for sale?

Original Smurph
Feel free to convince me otherwise.

dmills
Feel free to convince me otherwise. Talk about a bridge to nowhere.

Original Smurph
Talk about a bridge to nowhere. So you have nothing to say for Majestic?

If he's so clearly above Superman, your case should be easy to make.

The Nuul
Prep feats not included.

dmills
Prep feats not included. Well delete your topic. Unless Supes walks around Sun Dipped all the time now.

The Nuul
Well delete your topic. Unless Supes walks around Sun Dipped all the time now.

facepalm its not my topic...I didnt make this thread.

The thread didnt call for any prep time. Its just uber Majestic vs SAS. Maybe at some point the thread started can clearify this.

Majestic need prep to have super feats, Supes doesnt.

Harbinger
This thread needs moar Enyalus.

Original Smurph
Well delete your topic. Unless Supes walks around Sun Dipped all the time now. No, I'm talking about regular Superman, no prep vs. Majestic no prep.

Prove that Majestic's superior.

Bentley
Man, I shouldn't have used all my laugh smileys to mislaugh at Quanchi, now they would be useful.

dmills
For the sake of conversation, all things being equal i.e. strength, speed, durabilty etc. A guy with the power of Supes, the fighting skill of Batman and the intellect of Reed Richards loses?

The Nuul
Majestic is said on panel that he is a little weaker than Supes, prob not as fast either.

dmills
That was DC mandated BS and you know it. The feats that Majestic had in his first series contradict that crap.

Original Smurph
The feats that Majestic had in his first series contradict that crap. Such as?

Batman-Prime
Such as?

Being badass.

Anyway, I think both are peers with an edge to Majestic in h2h. Hmm, but I doubt he can beat an Sunamped Superman for a clear majority. big grin

dmills
Originally posted by Original Smurph Such as? You said that you read the series. Did you see anything in there that led you to believe he was weaker and slower?

Original Smurph
You said that you read the series. Did you see anything in there that led you to believe he was weaker and slower? I'm guessing that your manner of answering each of my questions with a question is stemming from the fact that you have little to back up your claims.

Right now you're simply rephrasing my question and asking me to prove a negative, ie "prove that Majestic ISN'T as strong!".... there are much fewer showings of "weakness" then there are of "strength". Superman has tons of high showings in the areas of physical strength, speed, strength of heat vision, etc. What I haven't seen from Majestic, and what you have yet to provide, is proof that Majestros is typically of a higher order in any of these categories, or any category at all really. You're the one who is claiming that Majestic > Superman, I'm just commenting that I remain unconvinced.

So... convince me. Or concede that you can't back up the claim.

manx422
Superman

Original Smurph
Lack of response = concession.

Enyalus
Majestic used technology and decades to rearrange a solar system.
barker
It was done in about one year's time, not decades. smile

Majestic was never said on panel to be a little weaker than Supes. Captain Atom said that Majestic hits almost as hard as Supes. It was during their first fight and Majestic was holding back, because he was a nice guy at the time and not the crazy psychopath that he is now. Any other Majestic misconceptions...please, feel free to ask me.

If the "Uber Majestic" in this thread is the same as the one who became one of the Universals, then even though he has almost no feats (except beating and absorbing an evil version of himself), he stomps an amped Superman. The Universals were sort of like The Endless. They each fulfilled a specific function and were sort of meta-fictionalized. Only lasted for 3 issues or so.

If the "Uber Majestic" in this thread is the one from issue #1 of his first solo series, then that's also current Majestic, seeing as how a semi recent WildCATS issue (#13 or thereabout) had him moving the Earth to put it back on its axis after the events of Armageddon. I think I would give amped Superman the narrow win there, via durability edge.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Enyalus
It was done in about one year's time, not decades. smile Thanks for the correction. Doesn't really change any of the points raised though.

If the "Uber Majestic" in this thread is the one from issue #1 of his first solo series, then that's also current Majestic, seeing as how a semi recent WildCATS issue (#13 or thereabout) had him moving the Earth to put it back on its axis after the events of Armageddon. I think I would give amped Superman the narrow win there, via durability edge. You would give a Sun Amped Superman only a narrow edge over Majestic?

Enyalus
Thanks for the correction. Doesn't really change any of the points raised though.
I guess not. Was your point that he needed prep to rearrange the solar system, or was that someone else? For instance, the gloves he used prep to make to move Mercury and other planets, he only needed so that Mercury wouldn't come apart when he was pushing it, because Wildstorm physics don't work like mainstream DCU physics. The strength was still all Maj though. But that may have been someone else's insinuation.

You would give a Sun Amped Superman only a narrow edge over Majestic?
Are we talking the one from OWAW, or the Darkseid asskickery of Superman/Batman sunamp, or what? Showings vary.

Original Smurph

I guess not. Was your point that he needed prep to rearrange the solar system, or was that someone else? For instance, the gloves he used prep to make to move Mercury and other planets, he only needed so that Mercury wouldn't come apart when he was pushing it, because Wildstorm physics don't work like mainstream DCU physics. The strength was still all Maj though. But that may have been someone else's insinuation. My point was generally that there was more to the feat than "Majestic moved a solar system". Simply the tech and time involved adds a level of ambiguity to it, though it is still impressive nonetheless.

Are we talking the one from OWAW, or the Darkseid asskickery of Superman/Batman sunamp, or what? Showings vary. I dunno what the thread starter intended. Showings for regular Superman vary similarly though, to the point where I can't decide who I think would win, which leads me to believe that an amped Superman would get a fair majority.

IMO, of course.

kakuzu
Majestic is basically the better version of Superman, and if you use the Uber version which had the reality manipulation powers and turned into a god no matter what Superman you use (besides tangent Superman) its one sided.

Enyalus
My point was generally that there was more to the feat than "Majestic moved a solar system". Simply the tech and time involved adds a level of ambiguity to it, though it is still impressive nonetheless.
Gotcha.

I dunno what the thread starter intended. Showings for regular Superman vary similarly though, to the point where I can't decide who I think would win, which leads me to believe that an amped Superman would get a fair majority.
Kind of my dilemma as well. If we talk OWAW Sundip, then color me unimpressed regarding Supes' ability to push Warworld against its FTL engines. Warworld is still Pluto, and Pluto is still far less mass than that of the moon, which Majestic also moved with no problem. Similarly unimpressed by Supes' brief sunamp to slap around Wonder Woman during their scuffle. What did impress me was the sunamp against Darkseid to literally break him. So based on that kind of damage output, I'd give sunamped Supes the majority because Majestic's durability is the weakness. But it'd still be close simply because of Majestic's laser vision has the ability to rewrite chemical composition at the subatomic level, Maj's own 1337 strength and fight skill and other such.

dmills
No concession smurf, I'm using my phone to respond and I can only use 200 characters, thus the brief replies. I'm currently having my dsl replaced with a cable modem. We'll dance soon.

Galan007
I seem to remember Majestic wearing 'kinetic field gauntlets' when he moved the moons, etc.

Granted I'm not sure if Majestic needed the gauntlets to preform those feats (haven't read his solo series' in quite a while) - but it seems odd that he would have worn them if they weren't necessary..?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Galan007
I seem to remember Majestic wearing 'kinetic field gauntlets' when he moved the moons, etc.

Granted I'm not sure if Majestic needed the gauntlets to preform those feats (haven't read his solo series' in quite a while) - but it seems odd that he would have worn them if they weren't necessary..?

Didn't he need them so the planet wouldn't crumble or something like this.

Enyalus

sad I see you weren't reading my posts.

He needed to wear them to hold the planet together while he was moving it, otherwise it would crumble. Wildstorm physics =/= DCU physics.

The Nuul
Eny is the most trusted when it comes to Majestic/WS stuff.

Enyalus
Digi has me beat when it comes to The Authority. But Stormwatch and WildCATS stuff = right up my alley.

Galan007
sad I see you weren't reading my posts. See? Nothing ever changes around here. stick out tongue

Enyalus
See? Nothing ever changes around here. stick out tongue
I still only read respect threads created by you. love

Galan007
bashful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.