LttP Link vs OoT Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fascistcrusader
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda03/Characters/Link.gif

VS

http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/19/link.jpg

Both have all items sans the triforce, so we don't have to duplicate the Master Sword LttP Link is armed with the Golden Sword. Other than this they have the Mirror Shield from their respective games and all items they found on their journey to assist them. Who takes it?

MooCowofJustice
LttP has better items. Unless you give OoT all his masks from MM, LttP wins.

The Scenario
LttP rather easily in my book. And the Golden Sword is the Master Sword, but augmented with a Great Fairy's magic and being tempered. It's at least 3 or 4 times stronger than the regular Master Sword.

fascistcrusader
I was under the impression that the Golden Sword was a different sword entirely, like how the red shield the fairies give you is a different shield than your first one. That's how I always saw it, given that Link holding it up with his uncle at the ending while the Master Sword is resting in it's pedestal.

GrieverSquall
I don't know anything about Nintendo's charcaters but... That isn't the same character?

MooCowofJustice
Different Links are in different games.

GrieverSquall
You mean Zelda, right? So they have the same name but they are different? I'm confused.

MooCowofJustice
Technically they are nameless, but we call them Link because that is their default name.

And yes, not every Link is the same.

GrieverSquall
Ah... I think I get it now, thanks for the info.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
You mean Zelda, right? So they have the same name but they are different? I'm confused.

Zelda games are spread out over several centuries. The only character amongst the three mains who's always the same person (and not a descendant and/or reincarnation) is Ganon, the main villain.

The Scenario
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
I don't know anything about Nintendo's charcaters but... That isn't the same character?

Link is a reincarnating force of good. Whenever there is some kind of threat to the world, a new Link is born to combat it. These are two different incarnations of the same soul several centuries apart. They have different abilities, skills, etc. depending on items collected.

Also,

OgNJi6gAbWE

3:23

Eh, it's a toss up.

LLLLLink
Probably LttP Link, especially since the HoT is restricted to OoT.

Sin_Volvagia
LttP Link will fill area with explosions and OoT Link is either gonna die or be vulnerable.

Utility Link doesn't even have to use Bombos. He can go like the Predator and kill his target without being spotted (Magic Cape).

TacDavey
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Zelda games are spread out over several centuries. The only character amongst the three mains who's always the same person (and not a descendant and/or reincarnation) is Ganon, the main villain.

That's not completely correct. A few games used previous Links. They don't ALWAYS change.

LLLLLink
Really, though, the timeline is still a theory. Hence the name, The Split-Timeline Theory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.