The Arbiter (Ripa Moramee) runs an OOT Boss Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan117ftw
1. Barinade
2. Volvagia
3. Bongo Bongo
4. Twinrova

The Arbiter (Halo Wars) has an energy sword and 2 plasma rifles. Also he gets active camo that lasts for about 5 minutes. The camo will recharge in 3 minutes before he can use it again.

Will he complete the gauntlet? (Or...will he get past Bongo Bongo?)

LLLLLink
1. Win
2. Loss *recalls MC battle*
3. Loss (Eye of Truth)
4. Loss (Mirror Shield)

I'm assuming that this happens in the boss rooms, of course. Is this right?

SpadeKing
If you seen Halo Legends, this arbiter is a lot better than he gets credit for and would have killed the master chief if it wasn't for an elite commander extracting him during the fight and actually is capable of taking down the covenant army alone.

fascistcrusader
The only one I see being a huge problem is Bongo Bongo, it's hard to fight what you cannot see. Other than that though I'd say he has it.

ScreamPaste
Lightning > Arbiter. He stops at barinade, imho.

Allankles
I'd say he beats all of them except Bongo Bongo.

The Scenario
Assuming Vovalgia is still inside the Fire Temple, I say he stops there.

Spartan117ftw
Originally posted by LLLLLink

I'm assuming that this happens in the boss rooms, of course. Is this right?

Not sure where else it would happen

The Scenario
Originally posted by Spartan117ftw
Not sure where else it would happen

Well Vovalgia is fought in the middle of the Fire Temple in a room surrounded by magma that occasionally shoots out of the ground. Simply standing there tend to set things on fire.

SpadeKing
Magma < Plasma

And the arbiter occasionally takes hits from plasma and wields two plasma swords (even though he only has one in this match) and of course his shield is in effect as well I'm guessing.

So I'm sure he can stand the magma longer than you would think if he was hit by it considering the convenant shield tech is built stronger and able to last longer under plasma weaponry.

The Scenario
Let me say this another way. You are inside a volcano. The air is roughly the same temperature as the magma. When you breathe, superheated air steams your insides. And plasma only lasts a few seconds. The Fire Temple is this hot at all times. It's like the difference between getting hit with a tank shell vs. getting hit with thousands upon thousands of bullets every second.

LLLLLink
Heh, without the Fire Tunic (or something similar) Arbiter dies in minutes there, regardless.

Spartan117ftw
Heh, without the Fire Tunic (or something similar) Arbiter dies in minutes there, regardless.

Arbiter's armor is similar to the goron tunic since it is able to take loads of plasma shots and sentinel beams, which fire temperatures at multiples of the sun's temperature. IMO, he gets past Volvagia pretty easily.

On second thought, he might stop at twinrova.

ScreamPaste
Where's it say plasma shots are at multiples of the sun's temperature? Also, it's worth noted that the bolts dissipate on contact and do not last long enough to conduct much heat. Compare this to constant exposure to the fire temple, and over time the fire temple is far more hazardous.

Spartan117ftw
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Where's it say plasma shots are at multiples of the sun's temperature?

I said sentinel beams fire at multiples. Sentinels can fire beams as high as 15,000 K (Halo: Ghosts of Onyx). Arbiter's suit may not last as long as the Goron tunic, which lasts virtually forever, but still, it's going to take a VERY long time until he dies to the Fire Temple's air.

SpadeKing
Where's it say plasma shots are at multiples of the sun's temperature? Also, it's worth noted that the bolts dissipate on contact and do not last long enough to conduct much heat. Compare this to constant exposure to the fire temple, and over time the fire temple is far more hazardous.

Well considering that the shots were actually capable of melting through MJOLNIR IV armor which was still virtually bullet proof and that one shot also blackened out that spartan's skin and cracked it. Apparently that heat lasts long enough to melt through that much alloy and get the spartan's skin all in one hit.

Originally posted by Spartan117ftw
I said sentinel beams fire at multiples. Sentinels can fire beams as high as 15,000 K (Halo: Ghosts of Onyx). Arbiter's suit may not last as long as the Goron tunic, which lasts virtually forever, but still, it's going to take a VERY long time until he dies to the Fire Temple's air.

Sentinel Beams win.... flawless victory. Besides you have no idea what type of heat the Elites homeworld may contain, they could be way more adept to the heat than other species.

ScreamPaste
Have any idea what 60 seconds in the fire temple would do? wink

FWahMaN
No poll with lolzy option spells phale for this thread. 313

*leaves*

SpadeKing
Have any idea what 60 seconds in the fire temple would do? wink

Not melt a spartan's armor? ermm

ScreamPaste
Actually, it probably would, but that's beside the point. It'd cook someone in their armour, regardless of whether the armour itself melted.

Ms.Marvel
how hot is the fire temple? just because it can kill link pretty easily doesnt mean anything in of itself... maybe links species is just especially susceptible to heat, compared to elites. maybe not.

heat killing link in of itself isnt proof of anything though

SpadeKing
Actually, it probably would, but that's beside the point. It'd cook someone in their armour, regardless of whether the armour itself melted.

No. Not all, not even in the older suits, unless they completely submerged theirselves in the lava for a while in the older suits.

Not even the plasma guns from the hunter's assault rifle have burned through the armor MJOLNIR V/VI and yes by the time they reach the target they are still hotter than a volcano.

Anyway the heat wouldn't be much of a problem to the Elite

ScreamPaste
It's more or less the fact that the fire temple is inside an active volcano, underneath the culdera, and a structure like that would work like a massive oven. The air would be so hot it could liquify any metal known to modern man within moments. no expression

Brief exposure < prolonged exposure.

SpadeKing
That brief exposure can be the difference between a quick fight or a long one.

ScreamPaste
You're missing the point. He will be constantly exposed to that temperature. It will not occur in brief bursts like from a weapon. And it will cook and kill him. o_O

Well, no concrete numbers, but typical lava is 700 to 1200 degrees celcius, and the inside of a volcano is much, much hotter. The temple is like an oven inside a volcano.

The Scenario
Answer me this, does the Arbiter need to breathe? If he does, he just basically inhaled magma air. His lungs, if he has them, have been boiled inside out. It does not matter how powerful his armor is, because it only protects him on the outside. The air, should he inhale even once, will kill him. Does everyone understand that? It does not matter how good the armor is when the the threat completely ignores your armor.

Everyone is also forgetting a rather vital part of the Fire Temple: Vovolgia. The dragon is going to be breathing even more magma fire at the Arbiter while the very arena is killing him. Not to mention the occasional magma spouts that will periodically shoot up and quite possibly douse the Arbiter in magma. Again, even if the armor can take a few blasts of plasma does not mean it can take prolonged exposure to the Fire Temple.

Has anyone ever heard of something called "the death of a thousand cuts"? Basically, you have a tiny little knife. It makes a tiny little cut that barely even hurts. But then it cuts you again. A little pain, nothing too bad. Then fast forward to this little knife inflicting thousands of wounds everywhere on your body. Eyes, nose, inside of the mouth, everywhere. And it keeps cutting the same spots over and over again, ripping open the scabs as soon as they form. Soon, your entire body is mass of scar tissue in constant pain, but that tiny little knife just won't stop cutting, cutting, cutting...

That is more messed up than you can even imagine. That is the Fire Temple, inflicting that one little cut, one at a time, until you die.

I hope this has been a learning experience. Thank you, and good night.

ScreamPaste
I agree with Scenario, but there's one more detail being neglected: conduction.

Assume Arbiter's armour provides him with self contained air. His suit will still, maybe slowly, be recieving heat from the air, and eventually become just as hot as the air.

SpadeKing
You're missing the point. He will be constantly exposed to that temperature. It will not occur in brief bursts like from a weapon. And it will cook and kill him. o_O

Well, no concrete numbers, but typical lava is 700 to 1200 degrees celcius, and the inside of a volcano is much, much hotter. The temple is like an oven inside a volcano.

How is the inside of the volcano gonna be hotter than the lava? that definately wouldn't explain why the rocks there aren't melting cause going over 1200 Celsius would be passing the melting point for all known rocks, thats like saying the air from a flamethrower is hotter than the flame.

That Plasma sword is gonna stay the same heat the whole time, the Halo Wars Arbiter can easily reach Volvagia and pierce his skull.

Originally posted by The Scenario
Answer me this, does the Arbiter need to breathe? If he does, he just basically inhaled magma air. His lungs, if he has them, have been boiled inside out. It does not matter how powerful his armor is, because it only protects him on the outside. The air, should he inhale even once, will kill him. Does everyone understand that? It does not matter how good the armor is when the the threat completely ignores your armor.

Everyone is also forgetting a rather vital part of the Fire Temple: Vovolgia. The dragon is going to be breathing even more magma fire at the Arbiter while the very arena is killing him. Not to mention the occasional magma spouts that will periodically shoot up and quite possibly douse the Arbiter in magma. Again, even if the armor can take a few blasts of plasma does not mean it can take prolonged exposure to the Fire Temple.

Has anyone ever heard of something called "the death of a thousand cuts"? Basically, you have a tiny little knife. It makes a tiny little cut that barely even hurts. But then it cuts you again. A little pain, nothing too bad. Then fast forward to this little knife inflicting thousands of wounds everywhere on your body. Eyes, nose, inside of the mouth, everywhere. And it keeps cutting the same spots over and over again, ripping open the scabs as soon as they form. Soon, your entire body is mass of scar tissue in constant pain, but that tiny little knife just won't stop cutting, cutting, cutting...

That is more messed up than you can even imagine. That is the Fire Temple, inflicting that one little cut, one at a time, until you die.

I hope this has been a learning experience. Thank you, and good night.
I agree with Scenario, but there's one more detail being neglected: conduction.

Assume Arbiter's armour provides him with self contained air. His suit will still, maybe slowly, be recieving heat from the air, and eventually become just as hot as the air.

For all you know Elites breathe off of Carbon Dioxide.

Skip the entire homeworld temperature theory and the convenant technology being built to better withstand heat type weapons.

Ms.Marvel

then you dont actually know how it is nor how damaging it may be to an elite. the truth is that the argument on both sides has a lack of actual concrete evidence. its assumed on your end that because someone of links physiology can be killed by the heat of the temple that someone of an elites physiology can be as well- there is no evidence pointing toward that- and there isnt any concrete evidence saying it couldnt happen either.

however, the laser weapons used by the sentinels are stated in ghosts of onyx to emit a beam that has a temperature of 15 thousand kelvin which is 26,540.33 degrees Fahrenheit. elites have fought sentinels many times before and they have taken hits from them before as has the master chief and their shields have protected them from the heat, in addition it takes multiple blasts of this heat to dissipate the shield. there is also the time when the arbiter had to retrieve the index from the quarantine zone which involved him moving through magma tunnels and through melting ships... and fighting sentinels. if the shields can withstand the heat from such an area as well as sudden temperature spikes that are 20 times hotter than the hottest volcano (that is assuming that the temple is indeed the max 1200 degrees Celsius which it may very well be lower than), then there is little speculation involved in assuming that he can withstand the heat of this temple. as far as prolonged exposure is concerned, covenant shields recharge so as the heat is wearing them down the shields are recharging anyway... and again if a sudden 26,000 degrees cant dissipate them then some measly 2100 wont even register.

also keep in mind that the armor that the arbiter wears is stated to be "not as sopihisticated" and older than current elite armor... so if it can withstand that heat then it must be even easier for the current technolgoy.

should? why? youre making the same mistake of assuming that elites are as frail as we are. obviously as i pointed out above theyre capable of withstanding intense heat even without the armor (otherwise the beams would have killed the arbiter because the armor doesnt cover his face), and in addition the arbiter was able to run freely around melting steel constructs and molten metal flooded caverns... the amount of noxious gases in such a place would be lethal to us but not to elites apparently.

Spartan117ftw
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

however, the laser weapons used by the sentinels are stated in ghosts of onyx to emit a beam that has a temperature of 15 thousand kelvin which is 26,540.33 degrees Fahrenheit. elites have fought sentinels many times before and they have taken hits from them before as has the master chief and their shields have protected them from the heat, in addition it takes multiple blasts of this heat to dissipate the shield. there is also the time when the arbiter had to retrieve the index from the quarantine zone which involved him moving through magma tunnels and through melting ships... and fighting sentinels. if the shields can withstand the heat from such an area as well as sudden temperature spikes that are 20 times hotter than the hottest volcano (that is assuming that the temple is indeed the max 1200 degrees Celsius which it may very well be lower than), then there is little speculation involved in assuming that he can withstand the heat of this temple. as far as prolonged exposure is concerned, covenant shields recharge so as the heat is wearing them down the shields are recharging anyway... and again if a sudden 26,000 degrees cant dissipate them then some measly 2100 wont even register.

As for the strength of energy shields, four sentinels, yes FOUR sentinels were firing at Master Chief in the Mark V Armor at the same time for more than four seconds; yet his shield didn't even break. This was a cutscene when Master Chief was in the Pillar of Autumn's control room.

Any elite's shield is atleast the strength of that of the Chief's.

SpadeKing
The convenant shields are more advanced, thats why the UNSC continously collect weapons and shielding tech to TRY and duplicate the technology to the fullest, The Mark VI might be about equal or the closest they've gotten.

ScreamPaste
Ahem. Burden of proof.

Which is 14726.850000000002 degrees C. Fortunately: lightning, which strikes regular people all the time hits 40 000 degrees C. People survive because the strike is brief, and the heat disperses elsewhere. Know how many people could survive inhaling 1200 degree air? None. no expression

Combining these two things, if Arbiter inhales, he is doomed, provi9ding there's nothing to suggest his race can actively inhale air of that temperature. Do elites bleed? If there's any water in their system at all, this will boil it, killing him.

Edit: It's also worth noting that if it's the shield that stops such attacks, they do not touch the armour, and the heat is kept away. The shield would probably not stop air.

Ms.Marvel
D= D= D= D=

Ahem. Burden of proof.

is not on me. he made the claim that that inhaling the air would kill the arbiter without any substantiation to it. asking me to prove that inhaling oxygen cant kill the arbiter is... well... you know that is.

and for the record my first post in this thread was in response to a claim that you made... in which i asked you to substantiate... and you couldnt. so the burden really isnt on me. its only my job to disprove what you say xD

and when lightning hits you the energy is only going through your system for a fraction of a second (and also things such as insulation and pure luck have to be taken into account, if only the amount of time someone was exposed to the lightning strike mattered then there wouldnt be 70+ deaths from lightning strikes a year) . both elite shielding and spartan shielding has withstood intense heat for much longer and with much shorter intervals in between blasts.

lightning is also unrelated. the temple is not 40 thosuand degrees so what lightning does is inconsequential.

the arbiter isnt a person.

their blood is also inherently different from ours, proof of which is in the color and viscosity... for all you know it may very well take a much higher temperature to affect elite blood. you also have yet to address my point about him wandering around molten magma caverns and walking through melting ships, both of which would put out super heated gases that could very likely kill a human. i again stress that youve yet to prove that the temple is even a fraction as hot as that enviroment, or even as hot as a regular volcano.

ScreamPaste
FATALITY! 131

Is on you if you wish to prove that such temperatures are not harmful to elites.

The sheilding stops the blasts, and the heat disperses a short distance away, and the blasts are brief. It's similar to my lightning example.

This is what I'm looking for. What can we draw from this that suggests temperatures in excess of the inside of a giant convection oven beneath the culdera of an active volcano?

Ms.Marvel
FATALITY! 131

DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS A GAME?!?!?! *rhetorical*

i dont need to prove that. i only need to cast doubt upon your assertions!

how does that suggest that the shields can not protect him from the X heat of the temple? it simply being ever present doesnt mean anything in of itself. if i hold a bottle of warm milk to my wrist for half an hour it will not burn me, even if the heat didnt ever dissipate. before you state that the bottle of milk is not 2100 degrees, keep in mind that i am also not an xenomorphic being that can lift in excess of 60 tons.

this is an interesting statement to make. proof?

your misdirecting big words aside 313 i asked you first wink

ScreamPaste
GAME!?! THIS. IS. SPARTA!

The properties of volcanoes are far better documented thna those of xenos! I have the advantage.

For the simple reason that the shield does not create a vaccuum around him. He still is exposed to the air. Also, heat resistance is not equivalent to lifting strength! Lava that's already left the volcano (the only way we can observe it, nothing we can create to monitor lava can withstand it's heat.) gives off 1200 degrees constantly, the air around it is so hot that if you threw a bucket of water at it, it would evaporate before it hit the lava. Hell, a bucket of ice.

If you inflict damage to any of it's central systems, it's body is no longer compatible with life and breaks down. (shoot it, it dies.) It's made from organic materials, each with their own boiling and melting points, and having any of these melted, or boiled, would be lethal.

Well, the scenario you outlined to not sound more dangerous then being inside an active volcano.

^A freshly melting ship will not have the same time to stew that the fire temple has, and would not give off the same level of heat. Metals all melt at much lower temperatures than magma gets to. magma caverns sound like a similar environment, but I'm asking you to explain the details. How long's the magma been there, why is it there, how long was Arbiter there?

Ms.Marvel
GAME!?! THIS. IS. SPARTA!

our bees will blot out the sun!

which proves my point! the question has never been about the heat of a volcano! the question has been if the heat can kill a species that is different from our own.

if this were completely true than objects such as flamethrowers (which primary function is actually to suffocate enemies by eating oxygen not to simply burn people like many would think) would be exceptionally against elites, but it is not. the heat and oxeygn eating ability of the flamethrower does not affect an elite until only after the shields are dissipated.

it was an example to point out that we have different physiologies. elites' bodies can handle the strain of weight better than we can, can take more bullets, move faster, have different blood, two hearts etc. while none of these have direct correlation to heat they are definitive proof that they are different in some ways, which means that there is a possibility that they are different in other ways. for further suggestion the grunts, another alien species, is completely unable to breathe oxygen; its poisonous to them, and that contradicts everything we know about life being able to exist. or at the least, there is no record of any animal on earth that has ever existed that doesn't need oxygen to survive. so if one alien species can do it why not the other? that definitely debunks your assertion that all living things have to abide by certain rules.

elites are not ice. nor are they water. laughing out loud

a freshly melting ship would however give off enough gases to harm a human, which is the point of this discussion. a house or car burning down produces enough noxious gases to kill a human being in minutes. to freely wander about such an area, possibly even inhaling said chemicals, without being adversely affected at all, further casts doubt on the concept of elites being just as vulnerable to contaminated air as humans are.

i dont know the answer to any of these except for the last question, but it doesnt matter because my argument in this context doesnt hinge upon me knowing. in fact not knowing benefits it. it is never explained how long the ships have been there, nor was it explained how long or why the magma is there. so that means that there is a possibility that they may have been there long enough to generate noxious gases to harm a human being. to say otherwise would essentially be saying that they couldnt have been because if they were that would contradict what youre asserting... which is not an argument stick out tongue

LLLLLink
I would expect that the plasma rifles melt or malfunction in the heat of the volcano. The camo would probably malfunction as well. I doubt that technology that sensitive was built to take the harsh environment of an active volcano.

Ms.Marvel
why? you think that a plasma rifle that fires plasma is not designed to withstand high heat? when plasma rifles overheat they become literally so hot that the chief can feel the heat through his armor and has to take his hand off it...

i dont understand the fascination with the volcano itself... its just a volcano. nothing to really fear unless youre a human with nothing on but some green cloth...

ScreamPaste
I'm just going to say it's very hard to argue with someone who's strategy seems to be avoiding making an argument. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
i accept your concession dear ; )

LLLLLink
why? you think that a plasma rifle that fires plasma is not designed to withstand high heat? when plasma rifles overheat they become literally so hot that the chief can feel the heat through his armor and has to take his hand off it...

i dont understand the fascination with the volcano itself... its just a volcano. nothing to really fear unless youre a human with nothing on but some green cloth...

You going to be firing plasma out of a gun that is already at melting point. Do you really need to have someone paint a picture?

ScreamPaste
i accept your concession dear ; )
I have nothing to concede to, you never made an argument. wink I'm just saying iut's hard to disagree with someone who avoids making any standpoint.

Ms.Marvel
You going to be firing plasma out of a gun that is already at melting point. Do you really need to have someone paint a picture? rephrase the first sentence.

its not the defense' job to make an argument, only to cast doubt on the prosecutions argument. wink my standpoint was only that you cant prove your assertions.

LLLLLink
You *are* going to be firing plasma out of a gun that is already at melting point. Do you really need to have someone paint a picture?

Ms.Marvel
how do you know what the melting point of those guns are?

ScreamPaste
Not true, you made your own assertions, which also need to be proven, and can have doubt cast upon them. You specificly avoided making an argument embarrasment! Denying me targets D:<

LLLLLink
The whole gun doesn't need to melt. If even 1 component (barrel, computer chip, etc) melts, the whole gun is toast.

Ms.Marvel
Not true, you made your own assertions, which also need to be proven, and can have doubt cast upon them. You specificly avoided making an argument embarrasment! Denying me targets D:<

what assertions did i make? =O

that doesnt answer my question!

ScreamPaste
You were going to have a debate with me on Arbiter's ability to resist heat. Then you stopped D:<

LLLLLink
what assertions did i make? =O

that doesnt answer my question!

Epic cop-out. You have no argument here. If you want one, you must disprove my statement first. I don't have to do your debating for you.

Ms.Marvel
Epic cop-out. You have no argument here. If you want one, you must disprove my statement first. I don't have to do your debating for you.

LOL!

let me just make sure i have the sequence of events correct here.

Basic Summary: The weapons wont work due to the high heat.

An assertion has been made.

my response?

Basic Summary: Proof that the weapons would overheat?

I'm challenging your assertion, asking for proof.

Your response:

Basic Summary: the guns wont work because of the high heat

youre ignoring what i said and reiterating your original assertion... which i just asked you to prove.

my response:

Basic Summary: ... i just asked you to prove that the guns will malfunction due to the heat. stop saying the same thing in different forms.

again the same request for validation of your assertion.

your response:

Basic Summary: the guns wont work due to high heat.

the fourth reiteration of the same point.

my response:

Basic Summary: ... youve said this three times already. i am asking you for the fourth time to please provide some evidence for this statement that you keep repeating worded differently!

your response:

Basic Sumamry:... I... I dont know.

what are you talking about. no expression

LLLLLink
LOL!

let me just make sure i have the sequence of events correct here.

Basic Summary: The weapons wont work due to the high heat.

An assertion has been made.

my response?

Basic Summary: Proof that the weapons would overheat?

I'm challenging your assertion, asking for proof.

Your response:

Basic Summary: the guns wont work because of the high heat

youre ignoring what i said and reiterating your original assertion... which i just asked you to prove.

my response:

Basic Summary: ... i just asked you to prove that the guns will malfunction due to the heat. stop saying the same thing in different forms.

again the same request for validation of your assertion.

your response:

Basic Summary: the guns wont work due to high heat.

the fourth reiteration of the same point.

my response:

Basic Summary: ... youve said this three times already. i am asking you for the fourth time to please provide some evidence for this statement that you keep repeating worded differently!

your response:

Basic Sumamry:... I... I dont know.

what are you talking about. no expression

You never thought about providing some statistical data so that your question can be answered? Big oversight....

If you cant prove that the gun is completely made of material that can withstand those temperatures, then that means you just came up with something without having any proof.

We all know that guns melt in high heat. You have to prove why the plasma rifle wont. Quit trying to be witty, and focus on that.

Ms.Marvel
You never thought about providing some statistical data so that your question can be answered? Big oversight....

If you cant prove that the gun is completely made of material that can withstand those temperatures, then that means you just came up with something without having any proof.

why should I provide statistical data for your argument? you made the assertion that the guns wouldnt work in high heat, i asked you you prove it. you havent.

and this proof is that a gun made by aliens 500 years in the future has the same melting point as a gun made today... how?

no. you made the assumption. you back it up. i dont have to prove shit.

and if you dont know how to debate, dont debate. there are rules for how a debate work... im not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain burden of proof and proving assertions to you... im not a for dummies book sorry.

LLLLLink
why should I provide statistical data for your argument? you made the assertion that the guns wouldnt work in high heat, i asked you you prove it. you havent.

and this proof is that a gun made by aliens 500 years in the future has the same melting point as a gun made today... how?

no. you made the assumption. you back it up. i dont have to prove shit.

Lol, throw a fit. laughing

You have assumed that guns made 500 years in the future will be equipped for volcanic battle. You have "shot yourself in the foot" with your own words.

If you can find proof that that rifle wont malfunction in any way, I'll count it moot and drop it. The ball is in your court.

Ms.Marvel
You have assumed that guns made 500 years in the future will be equipped for volcanic battle.

where did i make that assumption?

why should i? burden of proof isnt on me.

LLLLLink

Implying. You did it.

and if you dont know how to debate, dont debate. there are rules for how a debate work... im not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain burden of proof and proving assertions to you... im not a for dummies book sorry.

Cop-out.

Ms.Marvel

Implying. You did it.

"implying" doesnt cut it. where did i ever say that weapons made by aliens 500 years in the future definitively has a different melting point? i didnt. i said you couldnt prove it either way. thats all i said. putting words in my mouth makes you look silly.

no. "cop-out" is what youve been doing for the last five posts.

this is going to end with you saying something like "lol whatever" or something akin to that and bowing out. so why not just save yourself the grief and skip to that part?

LLLLLink
"implying" doesnt cut it. where did i ever say that weapons made by aliens 500 years in the future definitively has a different melting point? i didnt. i said you couldnt prove it either way. thats all i said. putting words in my mouth makes you look silly.

no. "cop-out" is what youve been doing for the last five posts.

this is going to end with you saying something like "lol whatever" or something akin to that and bowing out. so why not just save yourself the grief and skip to that part?

Now you are just speaking out of spite. Show me where the plasma rifle is made of worthy materials, or step down.
Anything else is just worthless banter. Make your stand.

Nephthys
LLLLink, burden of proof is on you. She doesn't have to prove anything. You don't have to prove a negative, its assumed untill someone proves otherwise. Don't worry, I've been kicked in the pants over this too in the past.

SpadeKing
The whole gun doesn't need to melt. If even 1 component (barrel, computer chip, etc) melts, the whole gun is toast.

I'm positive the barrel wouldn't melt seeing as it would spit out the plasma and I don't even think the rifle has a barrel anyway since the bolts form in the middle of the rifle.

Lol, throw a fit. laughing

You have assumed that guns made 500 years in the future will be equipped for volcanic battle. You have "shot yourself in the foot" with your own words.

If you can find proof that that rifle wont malfunction in any way, I'll count it moot and drop it. The ball is in your court.

And proof it won't work in volcanic temperatures as well?

The plasma forms in the middle of the weapon, it fires around 540 rounds a minute (forgot the exact count), I would also guess like all convenant technology it can take more sustained hits from plasma as well as I have been saying, and the plasma isn't going to cool down near as close as the lava within the time it takes to heat, let alone the heat from the volcanic vapor which in all volcanoes has been measured around 100-500 Celsius. 1000+ Celsius from the vapor is ridiculous unless they actually stated that was the air heat in LoZ, either way the volcano doesn't do much to the gun except just make it heat slightly faster then it goes to its cooling process.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Nephthys
LLLLink, burden of proof is on you. She doesn't have to prove anything. You don't have to prove a negative, its assumed untill someone proves otherwise. Don't worry, I've been kicked in the pants over this too in the past.

Opinion.

Originally posted by SpadeKing

The plasma forms in the middle of the weapon, it fires around 540 rounds a minute (forgot the exact count), I would also guess like all convenant technology it can take more sustained hits from plasma as well as I have been saying, and the plasma isn't going to cool down near as close as the lava within the time it takes to heat, let alone the heat from the volcanic vapor which in all volcanoes has been measured around 100-500 Celsius. 1000+ Celsius from the vapor is ridiculous unless they actually stated that was the air heat in LoZ, either way the volcano doesn't do much to the gun except just make it heat slightly faster then it goes to its cooling process.

Ok, so the question is what is cooling the gun? Thanks for the explanation.

Nephthys
Logical Fact

Correct.

Ms.Marvel
Opinion.

... wut. no expression that is not opinion, that is factually how debates work. no expression as i said there are rules involved.

you show me where i said it was and ill prove it, i cant prove what i didnt say.

and no none of this "well you implied-" or "well you were obviously aiming toward" nonsense. show me where i definitely stated this claim that you want me to prove.

as dire as "make your stand" sounds, as if this was mortal kombat or something, lol, it has nothing to do with this discussion. you can say that this is worthless banter all you want but the facts are the facts, and even another member has had to tell you whats what. how long is this going to go before you cop out and make declarative statement like "this is a waste of my time!" or "im tired of you dodging the question!" and never post in here again?

SpadeKing
The vents on the side of the weapon.

Opens after excessive firing so even if the temperature made it overheat quicker the weapon would still cool enough to be re-used.

Nothing is said that it works off a cpu chip rather than voluntary use or involuntary after the weapon over heats and shuts down.

Why would this be a problem anyway if the arbiter is capable of reaching volvagia and slicing it with the energy sword?

ScreamPaste
Volvagia can fly. no expression

Ms.Marvel
so can the arbiter!

you just... have to put a grenade under him no expression

ScreamPaste
so can the arbiter!

you just... have to put a grenade under him no expression

This seems like a risky tactic. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
only if you dont believe!

the arbiter has already accepted jesus as his lord and savior.. so hes cool.

ScreamPaste
Thou shalt not test the lord! For this is prideful.

Ms.Marvel
at what point does testing the lord differ from faith hmm

ScreamPaste
Well, faith is believing that he would protect you. Testing is puttign yourself in that position on purpose because of your faith. The difference being if some asshat chucks a grenade in your window, you're not testing, and had no choice in the matter. stick out tongue

Spartan117ftw
You going to be firing plasma out of a gun that is already at melting point. Do you really need to have someone paint a picture?
*facepalm*

The Arbiter will fire plasma out of a gun thatgenerates plasma and OVERHEATS if used too rapidly, yet returns back to normal in seconds. Also the plasma guns have acore inside them that allows the plasma to be generated and shot straight out of the barrel. And since there is the core, the whole internal composition would already be at a high enough temperature. Besides, the plasma rifle can be used by elites and spartans to bludgeon pretty much anyone to death, yet can still remain intact after all that beatdown.

SpadeKing
Volvagia can fly. no expression

Well according to Halo Legends his gamplay rage mode is canon for him so I wouldn't see flying as a problem.

LLLLLink

you show me where i said it was and ill prove it, i cant prove what i didnt say.

and no none of this "well you implied-" or "well you were obviously aiming toward" nonsense. show me where i definitely stated this claim that you want me to prove.

as dire as "make your stand" sounds, as if this was mortal kombat or something, lol, it has nothing to do with this discussion. you can say that this is worthless banter all you want but the facts are the facts, and even another member has had to tell you whats what. how long is this going to go before you cop out and make declarative statement like "this is a waste of my time!" or "im tired of you dodging the question!" and never post in here again?

All you are saying here is that you don't need to prove anything, because you don't have an argument to begin with.
I accept your concession.

@SpadeKing

So, is the gun mechanical or technological?

If its mechanical, the heat will cause the parts to expand, making the weapon cease to function.
If it is technological, the sensitive parts are in danger of frying, unless, like you said, the cooling system can handle the stress of volcanic conditions.

I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if there is proof, I'd like to see it. If there isn't that's fine, and I'll just say that the gun works fine in this fight.

Red Nemesis
All you are saying here is that you don't need to prove anything, because you don't have an argument to begin with.

This is a hard core trolling, Marvel. I'd advise that you take definitive action (read: max aggro) to put a stop to it.

If you don't, I'll have to be pretentious at people until the stupidity stops.

Ms.Marvel

basically, thats how a debate works.

now, are you going to be a good boy and provide this evidence for the guns melting points or do i have to repeat myself for the umpteenth time?

hm... time for some clever word play!

"i dont have an axe big enough for this one. "

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this troll for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad troll. Not like going down to the Star Wars Vs. forum Section and chasing noobs and fanboys. This troll, Ruin your topic. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your members, put all your businesses on a debatin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want your vs. topics to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this thread. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the typing fingers, the whole damn thing.

You see, the idea was the troll come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and sometimes that troll he go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that troll looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a ntroll is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'."

etc

LLLLLink
only if you dont believe!

the arbiter has already accepted jesus as his lord and savior.. so hes cool.

That was pretty funny.

basically, thats how a debate works.

now, are you going to be a good boy and provide this evidence for the guns melting points or do i have to repeat myself for the umpteenth time?

hm... time for some clever word play!

"i dont have an axe big enough for this one. "

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this troll for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad troll. Not like going down to the Star Wars Vs. forum Section and chasing noobs and fanboys. This troll, Ruin your topic. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your members, put all your businesses on a debatin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want your vs. topics to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this thread. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the typing fingers, the whole damn thing.

You see, the idea was the troll come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and sometimes that troll he go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that troll looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a ntroll is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'."

etc

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4752871/troll-main_Full.jpg

wammamram
??? blowup

SpadeKing

@SpadeKing

So, is the gun mechanical or technological?

If its mechanical, the heat will cause the parts to expand, making the weapon cease to function.
If it is technological, the sensitive parts are in danger of frying, unless, like you said, the cooling system can handle the stress of volcanic conditions.

I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if there is proof, I'd like to see it. If there isn't that's fine, and I'll just say that the gun works fine in this fight.

I might be able to answer that whenever I get around to reading the books again or if I ever rent a halo game again and they actually have in-depth information on the weapon.

LLLLLink
Cool thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.