Hive Tyrant, For Commander, Farseer, v.s. FF7 crew, Spartans, and StarKiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
It'll be fun.

Sephiroth+the FF7 party, every spartan, and StarKiller take on a trio of 40K characters from Dawn of War 2.

-Shadow in the warp works as intended
-Battle takes place in the Gobi Desert of China.

-Farseer has all applicable psychic powers, a shuriken pistol, and a wytchblade.
-Hive Tyrant is currently The SwarmLord. (hurray for clever loophole!)
-Force commander is equiped with artificer armour, a bolter, chain sword, and bolt pistol.

The trio have a defensive emplacement in the center of the desert, which has been terraformed by Tyranid spores. It is swarming with burrowed rippers, as well as defended by an auto cannon on top of the emplacement. (A tent sorrounded by adamantium sandbags!)

Go go, do work.

MooCowofJustice
The people you want to win lose.

ScreamPaste
I doubt it :O

The Scenario
Shadow in the Warp cancels everything FF7 and Starkiller can do.

Hive Tyrant takes it alone.

ScreamPaste
Wait til the FF7 fans get here, they'll debate that point for 100+ pages. @_@

But yeah, pretty much. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
master chief solos 131

or

all 1 billion+ of chinese people come to help the FF7 team and they win.

fighting square enix creations in an asian country is like fighting an asian country in itself.

Cyner
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
master chief solos 131

or

all 1 billion+ of chinese people come to help the FF7 team and they win.

fighting square enix creations in a weeaboo country is like fighting an asian country in itself.

fixed

ScreamPaste
AHAH, TRAPPED.

You made an assertion, burden of proof!

Ms.Marvel
AHHH YA GOT MEH!

master chief solos cause hes got way more fans than warhammer does.

yup. i took it there.

ScreamPaste
Perhaps, but Warhammer's fans are far more dedicated, and more awesome. 131

Ms.Marvel
warhammer fans are to halo fans what protoss are to zerg.

zerg always beat protoss. 313

Maester_yoda
ok i have to be the one to support any star wars character on this forum...its my lot in life....even though i don't like him all that much. and i can't stand FFFanboys either but oh well.

I don't see anything yet that will prove to be a major problem for a force user of the skills of starkiller. i will admit i don't know anything about the trio, but from what i saw in their weapons arsenal it doesn't seem like it gonna do much against starkiller.

there must be something im missing

The Scenario
Shadow in Warp is a Tyranid ability that basically says, "my presence here is so awesome and huge that it screws up all your magic." The Hive Tyrant is a Tyranid and has this ability.

Psychic power, magic, The Force, it doesn't matter. The Tyranid Hive Mind is so damn huge that it creates a hole in whatever system of magic you care to use.

Maester_yoda
the force is not magic

The Scenario
Originally posted by Maester_yoda
the force is not magic

I don't think the Hive Mind cares what it is.

Maester_yoda
so how exactly does the hive mind affect those who uses "magic".

because star wars has a whole trilogy about a hive mind. Its the Dark nest trilogy. The jedi deal with A collective mind from these bug beings that all share a collective (hive) mind. some of the jedi grew so close that they became in tune with this hive mind. it did not block out the force in anyway shape form or fashion. This was not a planet wide hive mind, it was a system wide. Billions of bugs shared this mind, and it didn't affect the force in any way.

ScreamPaste
The Tyranid hive mind isn't like the other hive minds that share it's name. It is it's own being made up of the conciousnesses of each member of the Tyranid swarm, which can extend it's influence anywhere that there's a synapse creature. Arguably the single most powerful being in all of 40K. This influnce can take the form of bolts of energy that vapourise adamantium, shields which can stop attacks just like that one, or just directions to the creatures that make up it's swarm, but it is always accompanied by the shadow in the warp.

It works due to the Hive Mind's incredibly powerful psychic presence actively messing with the minds of everyone around it, and cutting them off from their source of power. Normal humans describe a scratching and chittering inside their head. Anyone sensitive to it, or who tries to use their power, can be killed by this aura.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/shadowinthewarp.jpg

MooCowofJustice
Shin, your precious Nids lose. Just face it.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It is it's own being made up of the conciousnesses of each member of the Tyranid swarm

In star wars they are known as the Killik. They share a collective mind made up of every members conciousness...

which can extend it's influence anywhere that there's a synapse creature.

which can extend to any other killik

directions to the creatures that make up it's swarm, but it is always accompanied by the shadow in the warp.

The dark nest was made up in the killiks race because a single jedi with dark intentions became a joiner to the killiks and affected the hive mind to start making poison, and hard armor that aren't found in normal killiks. The swarm war took place because this jedi wanted it to happen and controlled the bugs.

It works due to the Hive Mind's incredibly powerful psychic presence actively messing with the minds of everyone around it, and cutting them off from their source of power

The hive mind for the killiks does the exact same thing. The dark nest will force those under its reach to do whatever it wants you to do. Some jedi couldn't even resist this temptation once they became joined to the nest

Normal humans describe a scratching and chittering inside their head. Anyone sensitive to it, or who tries to use their power, can be killed by this aura.

to be honest normal beings in the galaxy had the same affect, except the hive mind would control them and use them to do its bidding.

This sounds an AWFUL LOT like the killik hive mind/dark nest in star wars. Alot like it. and guess what, it did not affect the force. Jedi could still use the force against it, and could even use the force to counter it.

FinalAnswer
Arguably the single most powerful being in all of 40K.

I lol'd.

ScreamPaste
Tyranids actually inspired most of the other hive minds in fiction, so that there are paralels doesn't surprise me. That said, there are key differences. The Killiks don't sound like their hive mind actively messed with anyone's connection to the force. The hive mind does. The scale on which it's able to do so is pretty incredible.

Considering that the hive mind is the only thing the chaos gods fear, I'd say it's highly likely.

FinalAnswer
The only thing the Chaos Gods fear?

Star Gods/C'tan and (Possibly) Starchild Emperor (If that is actually canon and happens).

Or possibly Enslavers.

ScreamPaste
I doubt it, it'd be a massive departure from their usual grimdark fluff.

I've never heard that they fear the C'tan.

The Hive mind is on a level with these beings, regardless. stick out tongue

FinalAnswer
I've never heard that they fear the C'tan.

The Hive mind is on a level with these beings, regardless. stick out tongue

That's funny, I've never heard of them being afraid of the Hive Mind either.

K.

Maester_yoda
well to be honest if any said jedi would become a joiner, either by choice or by the will of Unu (thats the name of the hive mind)
then their ability to use the force would not lesson, but become astronomical because they would be sharing the force essence of all the being in the hive. There were some instances where the will of Unu would overpower the jedi and they could not use the Force, but if the jedi was strong enough he or she could over come Unu's will

ScreamPaste
HEre's where the differences really start to show. The Hivemind does not allow joiners. It exists only for one purpose. One deep, philosophical purpose:

"OMNOMNOM OM NOMNOMMMOMNOMNOM."

The Tyranid Hivemind is also known for /killing/ people who try to use their power within it's range of influence, as well as cutting off their connection to that source.

MooCowofJustice
Sephiroth blows up the Galaxy your hive is in. /thread.

SUPERNOVA FTW!

Maester_yoda
"OMNOMNOM OM NOMNOMMMOMNOMNOM."

The Tyranid Hivemind is also known for /killing/ people who try to use their power within it's range of influence, as well as cutting off their connection to that source.

in that case then.....ok. bummer. as far as stripping a jedi of his power or connection to the force though. thats only happened 2 times to my knowledge. 1) the jedi counsel on Dantooine roughly 2000 yrs BBY stripped a Reven of her force connection, and a jedi named Jax Pavan kinda cut his own connection off from the force, but both cases regained the ability.

The force is not some conjurers trick or magic. It is everywhere, in all living things. Symbionts live inside blood cells. They mixed with Midi-chlorians allow someone to use the force. the higher midi count, the better you can control the force, or have access to more power.

so unless the hive mind can take midi-chlorians away from Galen then i don't see it stripping him of his power

Maester_yoda
upon reflection of my last statement that looks majorly geeky....i apologize

ScreamPaste
This is similar to how powers work in 40K, very similar. It's slightly more mystical and slightly less biological, buuut:
The Shadow in the warp is pretty kool, 'splodes brains and doesn't afraid of anything.

My actual argument: If it's possible for Jedi to cut off one another's connection to the force, it shoudl also be possible for the hive mind, This is also temporary, once they're not longer within range of it's influence they are no longer effected.

It's KMC. We had a thread comparing cup size between two characters recently. Nothing is too geeky.

Maester_yoda
i read that...interesting.

As for your argument, i don't know exactly how the jedi were able to strip the force from Revan, that is a big debate in star wars world, i don't have evidence to suggest that only force users could do it to other force users. While that is my theory, i have no evidence to back it up, and it could very well be possible for the hive that you speak of to have that effect.

With the evidence brought forth, i would say that yes the hive mind would possibly affect Galen to the point that his ability to use the force would diminish, but not go away completely. It would diminish to the point that his reliance on it would be his downfall when it would become stripped of him. therefore, the hive wins.

i love to talk about star wars, more topics would be interesting. the star wars versus forum is sad....

ScreamPaste
Try factpile, it's full of star warsiness.

Maester_yoda
factpile.com?

ScreamPaste
Yes. you'll learn a lot about 40K there, too. stick out tongue

Maester_yoda
yeh i checked out some of their star wars verses and i might sign up. didn't seem to be a lot of knowledge going around, just preferences. and yes i did see references to 40k......might i ask what it is?

ScreamPaste
A table top wargame, and one of the most over-powered verses evar. It's win.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Warhammer40000

"Thirty-eight thousand years in the future, the mighty Imperium of Man has expanded across the galaxy... to discover that the galaxy is a hell that would make Hieronymous Bosch shit himself in terror, and that it has a hell."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.