whats so good about Blade Runner???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I havent seen it but alot of people talk about it . Why are there so many versions of this film ??

what so good about it ??

Thanks

roughrider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_runner

Mr Parker
its one of those films that was like star trek,wasnt very popular when it first came out but developed a huge cult following years later.

dadudemon
Blade Runner did alright, but it was a "disaappointment" to the producers.

However, they released the film with the, arguably, best Star Trek movie to date: Wrath of Khan. On top of that, it had to compete with E.T.

Blad Runner probably pulled in it's later popularity due to so many releases. The movie was also said to be "ahead of its time." Others claimed that the movie was too complex to get a mass appeal.

I work in IT, so there's TONS of nerds here: pretty much every last person loves this film. erm

BruceSkywalker
Blade Runner is one of my fave films

Rogue Jedi
Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, what more do you want?

Juk3n
whats so good about it is R.Scott gave us arguably the best distopian future earth - both in look and atmosphere - seen on screen.

And Harry Ford was in it, wake up!

Rogue Jedi
Flying cars!!!

Impediment
Daryl Hannah as a punk rock robot!

Rogue Jedi
yes WIN yes

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, what more do you want?

Well said, sir eek!

Myth
I need to rewatch this, because I didn't like it very much when I watched it in High School (about 10 years ago).

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Daryl Hannah as a punk rock robot!

epic win

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mr Parker
its one of those films that was like star trek,wasnt very popular when it first came out but developed a huge cult following years later.

star trek was popular long before the first movie came out...

monikaluchi
Hello coolmovies, i have not seen the movie also. Listen that it is a film of hijacking and full of action. Director is good Ridley Scott, and the hero Harrison Ford also played a smart role i heard.

Tired-Hiker
Originally posted by Juk3n
whats so good about it is R.Scott gave us arguably the best distopian future earth - both in look and atmosphere - seen on screen.

Yes, the look of the film, especially the way the city scapes were portrayed with the rows of flying cars amongst the skyscrapers, has set the standard for sci-fi movies. The Fifth Element and The Star Wars Prequels just to name a few.

jinXed by JaNx
Let us also acknowledge the sophistication. I think it's the only Science fiction movie, ever, to capture a sense of futuristic noir without feeling too overwhelming.

Dusty
Originally posted by Juk3n

We have Syd Mead to thank for that, as we do for many other films.

Also, I believe Blade Runner is a popular Sci-Fi film because it's the only one that has really broken such an existential barrier as it has. Other Sci-Fi films fall short when it comes to actually touching base with the meaning of being human; the meaning to exist.

H. S. 6
I saw it a few years back and didn't enjoy it.

Like most other cult movies, I think it's one of those things that either tickles your fancy, or doesn't. Apparently, I fall into the latter category.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.