Loki vs. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
They both get 30 minutes prep, with only basic knowledge of their opponents.

JakeTheBank
Majestic, imo.

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Majestic, imo.

why? is it just because of the prep? supes and majestic are equally vulnerable to magic i think, right? unless majestic has some special INVULNERABILITY to magic, in which case i understand your position. curious why you think kal loses and maj wins.

dmills
Well I know that Majestic fought a race of magical beings before and showed some big time magical resistance. Didn't he get turned into stone and then turn himself back to normal by the next page?

leonidas
Originally posted by dmills
Well I know that Majestic fought a race of magical beings before and showed some big time magical resistance. Didn't he get turned into stone and then turn himself back to normal by the next page?

if he DOES have that level of resistance, how can loki win this . . .? confused

Digi
Nothing's ever been specifically stated about majestic's magic resistance or lack thereof. Suffice it to has he doesn't have a particular weakness to it like documented for Superman. Saying that he has specific magic defenses beyond his base durability, however, is conjecture. Magic being what it is, anecdotal evidence means very little.

Omega Vision
Majestic 6/10

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Majestic 6/10 How?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Original Smurph
How?
What do you mean? He's like Superman but smarter, less afraid to kill, and a lot more skilled in hand to hand combat.

Original Smurph
What do you mean? He's like Superman but smarter, less afraid to kill, and a lot more skilled in hand to hand combat. How is he going to damage Loki?

Omega Vision
How is he going to damage Loki?
Is that a trick question or something?

psycho gundam
loki's becoming the most powerful character on kmc these days.

Original Smurph
Is that a trick question or something? They have prep, and Loki takes less than a second to go intangible.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by psycho gundam
loki's becoming the most powerful character on kmc these days. Meh. After the Loki vs. Superman thread, I was curious how Loki would be seen with prep against a Superman that can super-prep.

So...

Harbinger
loki's becoming the most powerful character on kmc these days. Not as long as Quan is on these internets.

Mindset
loki's becoming the most powerful character on kmc these days. By him being a herald level character potentially beating other herald level characters?

psycho gundam
that and his opponents not being able to do jack about it

Mindset
cuz theyre teh ghey

Original Smurph
that and his opponents not being able to do jack about it I just asked how Majestic was going to hurt him. I haven't seen anybody so far claim that he won't be able to.

psycho gundam
it's not aimed at you bro.

and i didn't say anyone was wrong for thinking it

Original Smurph
it's not aimed at you bro.

and i didn't say anyone was wrong for thinking it Cool, cool. Just making sure.

batdude123
Meh. After the Loki vs. Superman thread, I was curious how Loki would be seen with prep against a Superman that can super-prep.

So...

Because it's not like Superman knows how to make the Miracle Machine, right? peaches

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
Nothing's ever been specifically stated about majestic's magic resistance or lack thereof. Suffice it to has he doesn't have a particular weakness to it like documented for Superman. Saying that he has specific magic defenses beyond his base durability, however, is conjecture. Magic being what it is, anecdotal evidence means very little.

superman has no special weakness to magic either. if maj has no specific resistance to magic, then he and kal would be affected by magic the same way.

maj would need to be able to hit loki while loki is intangible. still not sure entirely what spells loki could use to take someone like kal or maj down, but unless maj can hit an intangible foe, i don't see how he can win. erm

Original Smurph
Originally posted by batdude123
Because it's not like Superman knows how to make the Miracle Machine, right? peaches GTFO plz

Mindset
laughing out loud

batdude123
GTFO plz

Concession accepted. vin

Original Smurph
I concede that, despite numerous vocal protests, Batdude's homoerotic PMs to me are completely unrequited.

Originally posted by batdude123
Concession accepted. vin

thumb up

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
superman has no special weakness to magic either. if maj has no specific resistance to magic, then he and kal would be affected by magic the same way.

Eh, sometimes he shows more vulnerability to magic than the norm. It varies.

JakeTheBank
why? is it just because of the prep? supes and majestic are equally vulnerable to magic i think, right? unless majestic has some special INVULNERABILITY to magic, in which case i understand your position. curious why you think kal loses and maj wins.

Well, first off, the Loki/Superman thread is a random encounter fight so it's really not the same kind of match up here. Secondly, Majestic is a proven super-genius and almost peerless warrior; with prep I don't see how or why he couldn't beat Loki. Hell, Superman with prep would stand a better chance against a magic user than he would in a random encounter as well.

Enyalus
superman has no special weakness to magic either.
Get the hell out. Superman's four known weaknesses: magic, kryptonite, red solar radiation, and Lois' dripping thighs.

There's 70+ years of comics to back it up. Majestic has no weakness to magic. And he's resisted magical transmutation before, as well.

That being said, if you're arguing the entire "Loki goes intangible before the fight" scenario, then this is a stalemate probably....unless I assume that Majestic will make something that'll allow him to strike intangible beings or force Loki out of it during his 30 minute prep phase, but basic knowledge probably doesn't cover knowledge that Loki possesses that ability. So...

Stalemate?

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Get the hell out. Superman's four known weaknesses: magic, kryptonite, red solar radiation, and Lois' dripping thighs.

There's 70+ years of comics to back it up. Majestic has no weakness to magic. And he's resisted magical transmutation before, as well.

That being said, if you're arguing the entire "Loki goes intangible before the fight" scenario, then this is a stalemate probably....unless I assume that Majestic will make something that'll allow him to strike intangible beings or force Loki out of it during his 30 minute prep phase, but basic knowledge probably doesn't cover knowledge that Loki possesses that ability. So...

Stalemate?

what do you mean "get out"? it's been pretty commonly established that kal is not especially vulnerable to magic. there is a scan somewhere to prove it but can't find it but i DO know i could show you a jurgens interview that states this is a fact.

magic has the same impact on him as it does anyone who is NOT specially protected from magic. magic affects kal exactly the same as it affects spiderman, not MORE than it affects spidey . . . it has been stated that it APPEARS to be a large vulnerablility because he is invulnerable to everything else. i don't see why that would be hard to believe, frankly.

as far as the match--yeah, i'd say stalemate i guess, unless loki can mindrape him. kal has some great anti-tp feats. how's about maj? (though with prep i guess he could build something?)

not sure how his tech would avoid getting transmuted however, nor do i know how someone who believes loki can just change maj into snow can see maj winning though--prpe or no prep. big leap of faith to think he can just create 'anti-magic' protection because he gets prep. erm

Warlord
It's the nature of his powers that make it hard for Majestic...IMO give 30 minutes of prep to any competent magic user and his opponent is doomed. unless his has access to magic resources too

Philosophía
Batdude>Smurph.

Original Smurph

batdude123
I concede that, despite numerous vocal protests, Batdude's homoerotic PMs to me are completely unrequited.

I love it when you play hard to get... just adds fuel to the fire.

Digi
wait, they got rid of Kal's magic weakness? dumb.

kgkg
wait, they got rid of Kal's magic weakness? dumb. Nope not really but it doesn't seem like a problem like it was back in the days. But it is still considered a weakness even in current times by some writers.

OneDumbG0
^ It's still a problem. There isn't a single comic post Infinite Crisis to my knowledge that portrays that magic is less of a problem than it used to be.

Also, Majestic's a superspeed prepping beast. Remember when he converted himself into proto-neutronium? He'd probably transmute himself into magicdon'taffectme-onium.

quanchi112
wait, they got rid of Kal's magic weakness? dumb. Depends on the writer but it's still a weakness.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
Depends on the writer but it's still a weakness.

Pretty much.

Some portray magic as more of a nuisance/inconvenience where as other writers depict it as a glaring "chink in the armor" kind of deal. In any case, magic is something that Superman is at a disadvantage at typically.

dmills
Well the thing about Majestic that gives him more of an advantage vs Magic than say, Supes, is that he has the ability to manipulate matter/energy at the sub atomic level. That in essence makes him at least a class C (I totally just made that up) reality manipulator.
So combine that with the fact that he doesn't have a particular vulnerability to magic, and you have a more favorable match up for Majestic vs Loki then Superman would have vs Loki.

leonidas
so for those of you who claim kal is specifically vulnerable to magic, show me an instance where it affected HIM more than anyone else without special protection. ie--show magic impacting supes more than jonn, or batman or anyone else without special protection.

again, he IS vulnerable to it. as are most others unless they are specifically magically resistant.

if maj is in the same boat, then i don't see how he can win this unless he can creat tech that can't be transmuted and that let's hi hit an intangible foe. and what about the tp angle?

dmills
so for those of you who claim kal is specifically vulnerable to magic, show me an instance where it affected HIM more than anyone else without special protection. ie--show magic impacting supes more than jonn, or batman or anyone else without special protection.

again, he IS vulnerable to it. as are most others unless they are specifically magically resistant.

if maj is in the same boat, then i don't see how he can win this unless he can creat tech that can't be transmuted and that let's hi hit an intangible foe. and what about the tp angle? Well I can't speak for others, but when I say vulnerable to magic what I mean is vulnerable to particular magic spells, enchantments etc. Majectic has the ability to alter matter/energy thus allowing him to reverse or shrug off the effects of magical spells, i.e. being turned into stone and having the ability to transmute himself back to normal, where as Supes can't because he doesn't possess that ability. Unless he's gained some new powers that I don't know about.

Enyalus
Recall Captain Marvel two-shotting Superman in the JLA's 5th Dimensional War? What does he say to Hourman? That he got "lucky" because magic is one of Superman's weaknesses.

dmills
Originally posted by Enyalus
Recall Captain Marvel two-shotting Superman in the JLA's 5th Dimensional War? What does he say to Hourman? That he got "lucky" because magic is one of Superman's weaknesses. Uh oh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.