Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FWahMaN
Technically a different game...up to the mod/mods to close merge the thread. 313

Video (couldn't hear this though I will later):kGyVZRHZ2owHope this doesn't stay exclusive....PS3 for one game...sad

And no, it's not Final Fantasy vs the #13 131 it is just randomly part of the game title................randomly.

Mairuzu
I'm actually looking forward to this 10x more than the regular xiii

jinXed by JaNx
That looks incredible. Best Video game CgI that i've seen.

FWahMaN
1. Why 10x moar!? mad

2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine had best CGI ever. 313

AsbestosFlaygon
I remember when I first saw the trailer for this game..
I thought this was the trailer for the original FFXIII.
Turns out it was a different game altogether.

Sin_Volvagia
A Dark Kingdom Hearts with added realism has got to be good.

Originally posted by FWahMaN
Hope this doesn't stay exclusive....PS3 for one game...sad

I'm hoping this stays PS3 exclusive. I don't hate X360 (minus the RROD) but FFXIII is getting some content cut because it went multiplatform. Don't need this to happen with Versus XIII.

Quincy
Been looking forward to this for a long time baby

jinXed by JaNx
1. Why 10x moar!? mad

2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine had best CGI ever. 313

Oh yeah, for sure. X-men origins: Wolverine, was seriously Surprising and astounding as well.

Thats one of my favorite games.

FWahMaN
Glad someone agrees.

Sin, ef you...(jk) but naw it shouldn't stay exclusive. Just make another disc or two for the 360 version. We were ok with 4 discs on the PS1.

Dark Kingdom Hearts rules! big grin kinda agree there as well, as the characters do seem like grown up Twilight Town peeps or something...and the main character hair looks KH-ish if you ask me. Even the main song's piano sounds a lot like it was plagiarized from KH.....big grin no joke.

AND BLUDD!! mad (in the versus xiii cgi world-that-never-was-like clip) sure beats stars. that's why it's dark!

ROFL that place looks like TWTNW (skyscraper with stairs leading to it) and it's final fantasy XIII!!

Square Enix will be suing Square Enix! mad

wut

Ms.Marvel
is square enix capable of making non black male characters that dont look like flaming metrtosexuals (redundant) anymore?

NemeBro
They made Cid (VII).

estahuh

And Auron. no expression What came after X can go fawk itself.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
is square enix capable of making non black male characters that dont look like flaming metrtosexuals (redundant) anymore?

No.

FWahMaN
Obviously, someone with no facial hair and a full thick head of hair, with delicate facial features and unbuilt body suits a females body. Add longer hair and it suits more. You need something like Seifer's hard features to make the difference obvious. Mad eyebrows or facial expression, etc.

Also someone apparently didn't watch the video. One of the guys in that gang have very clear (and rather realistic) facial hair. Hardly metro at all.

ArtificialGlory

Also someone apparently didn't watch the video. One of the guys in that gang have very clear (and rather realistic) facial hair. Hardly metro at all.

You mean the guy, uh, I mean the girl with the scar across her face? Well, to be charitable, she has made at least a conscious effort(unlike the rest of the cast) to look like a man by gluing some hair on her face. Not gonna fool these experienced eyes, though.

Although I can attest that the businessmen-looking white guys are indeed male.

Demonic Phoenix

One would think sex sells. Instead, Metrosexuality sells.

_____
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

I'm hoping this stays PS3 exclusive. I don't hate X360 (minus the RROD) but FFXIII is getting some content cut because it went multiplatform. Don't need this to happen with Versus XIII. Originally posted by Quincy
Been looking forward to this for a long time baby

What these two said.

No End N Site
Phuck the one that's commin'. THIS is the FFXIII I wanted, since the 1st trailer. HOTT!!!!!!

S_D_J

Are you guys aware that squenix is a japanese company... and pretty much every teen-early twenties japanese guy looks like that?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by S_D_J
Are you guys aware that squenix is a japanese company... and pretty much every teen-early twenties japanese guy looks like that?

It's what they wish they looked like.

FWahMaN
It's just the inability of the viewer to point out secondary sex characteristics, no offense. Saying for instance Riku from Kingdom Hearts looks like a female due to having a delicate face and Kairi-esque hair is a good example. His body structure clearly belongs to a male, narrow hips, broad shoulders and a masculine build. Someone should google secondary sex c. Clothes also have something to say when it comes to gender. Hardly any woman dresses like a boy and vice versa.

S_D_J
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
It's what they wish they looked like.

not just japanese guys, that look is standard in most Asian countries

even before the term "metrosexual" was coined, this asian guys were already doing it erm

Phanteros
A trailer with Game play.
N6kNTfS4320

Nephthys
Damn, that looks incredible. Gameplay looks perhaps a bit chaotic, but it looks really frenetic and fun (and kind of, cinematic I guess) at the same time. Looking forward to this.

How much money must Square Enix have though to be able to work on Dissidia 2, FF13-2, FF14 and this at the same time. I mean, dayam.

S_D_J
So... this game is now scheduled to hit sometime after the Apocalypse

RE: Blaxican
Wow. The hype kind of killed the game for me. It's basically just a more realistic-set Kingdom Hearts, with a way shitter protagonist. The main character better be way more awesome than he looks, because he looks like the typical man of few words brooding emo protagonist that Japan seems to constantly orgasm over.

Kosmic King
Why couldn't they be working on Chrono Break instead? Oh I forgot, Square Enix hate Chrono Trigger/Cross. Looks pretty generic anyway. ANOTHER Squall wanabe? Sheesh.

Nephthys
Yeah but he has a throne. Which makes him instantly badass.

BloodRain
Im enjoying the cinematic gamplay but a year just to show it.. the game wont be sold in my lifetime at this rate.

Boron Dalzier
I don't care what people say about Square Enix, they're the best video game developer today and this game looks absolutely incredible. Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII are the two overall finest games this generation and I have a feeling that this and Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be joining them.

If you're referring to Noctis, besides the fact that it's extremely rare to find a character with that detailed a look have that great a sense of style, the manner in which he fights with all the different weapons at his disposal gives him a pretty unique look in combat at least, and as for his apparent personality type, which character doesn't match an already established archetype these days? It seems people love to critisice the Final Fantasy series for being generic, when a) the vast majority of stories these days are fundamentally generic, and b) the Final Fantasy series is quite notable in that it actually has done a good job of injecting some originality into their stories (the character Tidus not even being a real entity but a physical manifestation of a dream of the Aeons in FFX, the product of Cloud's memories being a mixture of his own and Zach's, creating a fundamentally new character distinct from either of them in FFVII, both being good examples), as well as generally diversifying from the norm (the death of the love interest and one of the main characters in Final Fantasy VII, the world actually being destroyed in Final Fantasy VI etc.).

As a general rule I think that from here on anybody who refers to the Final Fantasy series as generic should name at least 5 series that aren't.

RE: Blaxican
No Neb, the game looks bad.

Nephthys
Hah, it looks awesomesauce Blax.

Fable.
Shin Megami Tensei/Persona.
Black and White.
Broken Sword.
Thief.
Drakengard.

Can I refer to Final Fantasy as generic now? I even did 6 rather than 5, incase you disagree with one of them.

Boron Dalzier
In terms of their storylines? Fable is nothing but generic, and while the Broken Sword series are impressive in the storytelling department they would still be considered fundamentally generic. I haven't played any of the Thief or Black and White games, but I hear they're not very story heavy in the first place. So I believe that only leaves you with two games, and as such you most certainly will not be receiving any such permission.

Nephthys
Pffft, you never specified that it was just in terms of the story line. Either way, I challenge you as writing off Fable as generic (even Yahtzee admitted it was an original experience) and what exactly is generic about the Broken sword series? And if you havn't played them then you have no grounds to judge them as generic. stick out tongue Black and White for one, there arn't many games where you play as a literal god and all that brings with it.

Deus Ex.
Prince of Persia.
Assassin's Creed.
No More Heroes.
The Witcher.
Valkyria Chronicles.
Monkey Island.
Communist Mutants from Space.
Legacy of Kain.
Myth.

There. At least 5.

Boron Dalzier
Well out of what you mentioned I've only played three of them, and while No More Heroes and Monkey Island are certainly different from the norm (in their quirkiness and absurdity) they certainly aren't as conceptually original as games like Final Fantasy VII and X so by the same standards that you'd call Final Fantasy generic I'm not sure you could really say any differently about Monkey Island or No More Heroes. There's nothing particularly differentiated about Valkyria Chronicles' storyline, there are plenty of reimaginings of real world history with similar subject matter that VC explored; what differentiated Valkyria Chronicles was the incredibly unique look of it. From what I hear, Deus Ex tells a pretty cliched conspiracy theory based storyline, the same with Assassin's Creed and revenge based stories, the same with Legacy of Kain and time travel themed stories. This is the first time I've even heard of Communist Mutants from Space, I don't know much about the Witcher but interestingly enough the first thing listed under the reception tab on its wikipedia page is a reference to it being generic, and if the movie's anything to go by Prince of Persia not only has a very generic storyline, but a very weak one at that. Myth appears to have been developed by Bungie so I can only assume that it sucks Halo ass (a synopsis also paints a very ordinary picture of the storyline). I played Fable when it first came out and from what I remember its story was pretty simple, cliched stuff (from the tragic beginnings of the hero, to basic plot twists such as the hero's mother and sister having survived, to the deception of the guild master, to having to stop Jack of Blades at the end), and isn't that more of a gameplay component of Black and White (in the same sense that it is in Spore, or any other God game)? Broken Sword had an awesome storyline but it didn't really possess that much of a differentiating factor than any other murder mysteries/conspiracy theory stories.

Phanteros
edit

Zack Fair
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wow. The hype kind of killed the game for me. It's basically just a more realistic-set Kingdom Hearts, with a way shitter protagonist. The main character better be way more awesome than he looks, because he looks like the typical man of few words brooding emo protagonist that Japan seems to constantly orgasm over.

Kingdom hearts...LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.