Thor/Beta Ray Bill vs Wonder Woman/Supergirl/Power Girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Wonder Woman doesnt get her lasso in this fight.

Can the duo take out these sexy women or have they finally met defeat?

JakeTheBank
Hammer Bros. I don't see PG lasting long at all, and SG even less. Diana puts up a valiant fight, but she ends up losing as well.

Enyalus
Without her lasso I give the hammer brothers a majority. 6-7/10. Just too much raw power here, not to mention the fantastic durability to handle the numbers and blitz.

Spire
facepalm

Team 2.

kochtgr
Its not fair for team 1 (2vs3) so team 2 wins 8/10

Batman-Prime
Team 2

The Nuul
T1

Philosophía
Team 2.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire
facepalm

Team 2. How do they beat team 1?

Wild Shadow
team 1 ftw 7/10

summoning a wall of lightning letting their rage effect weather and have random magic energy discharges from not just wpns but from themselves would be murder on the ladies....

Sasaraixx
I'll have to go with Team 1.

The women could get some wins. The only way I see that happening is if WW holds off Thor by herself while SG and PG double team BRB. Even that's not a given.

I don't see Power Girl lasting very long however and Supergirl can't take Thor or BRB on her own for long either.

Team 1 7/10. With the lasso, things would be a bit different.

-Pr-
Not that i think team 2 necessarily wins, but why do people think Power Girl will go down so easily?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not that i think team 2 necessarily wins, but why do people think Power Girl will go down so easily?

she is too top heavy and will keel over far easier then the others. big grin

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
she is too top heavy and will keel over far easier then the others. big grin

Superman used to get his Strength from the Sun and the weak gravity of earth. The gravity of Krypton was much higher. Now imagine how much stronger Pg has to be to carry those two.

no expression She could push planets with her...

Harbinger
Thor and the horse.

carver9

Last year, didnt she get owned by the gorilla with telepath physically? roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Last year, didnt she get owned by the gorilla with telepath physically? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ultra-Humanite?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Ultra-Humanite?

Was that Ultra-Humanite or was that the ape that we are all use to.

JakeTheBank
Was that Ultra-Humanite or was that the ape that we are all use to.

I know PG fought Humanite in her ongoing when it first came out months ago (which is very good, btw). Not sure if she's ever fought Grodd, before.

carver9
I know PG fought Humanite in her ongoing when it first came out months ago (which is very good, btw). Not sure if she's ever fought Grodd, before.

You might be right but U-Humanite never seemed that impressive to me IMO.

Enyalus
I know PG fought Humanite in her ongoing when it first came out months ago (which is very good, btw).
Especially #9 where she's naked. stick out tongue

American Dragon
Thor & BRB win. Supergirl and Powergirl lose because of there weakness to magic. Thor & BRB should beat them with there hammer with no problem. Wonder Woman without her lasso doesn't stand a chance against them.

Enyalus
Huh. I didn't even think about the magical weakness. Maybe I should bump it up from 6-7/10 for the Brothers...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Enyalus
Huh. I didn't even think about the magical weakness. Maybe I should bump it up from 6-7/10 for the Brothers...
Same here. It just doesn't come up as much for Kryptonians besides Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In the latest Cry for Justice issue Supergirl was brought down a by single bullet from Prometheus. The reason? It was forged by the God Vulcan or something of the sort. There was literally no other reason stated as I recall. Seriously, magical weakness, can be used to completely cripple Kryptonians or make them useless by some writers. At times all you have to do is even give a hint for something to be mystical. Hence why Superman has been manhandled by Vampires that I recall Robin handling but that was a while back. Superman has also been hesitant to fight mystical bat's or something of the like, back in the JLA because he stated magic affected him as it would anyone else so he was useless or something (Don't recall the instance well.).

If we take magical weakness at their extremes for Kryptonian's then someone like Thor would cave Superman's head in like a watermelon with a hit from Mjolnir. On top of already being on par with Superman physically, he has a magically forged weapon and is a god. I assume most people don't even take into account the mystical weakness for Kryptonian's when they fight someone like Bill or Thor, or they really would be screwed. erm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
In the latest Cry for Justice issue Supergirl was brought down a by single bullet from Prometheus. The reason? It was forged by the God Vulcan or something of the sort. There was literally no other reason stated as I recall. Seriously, magical weakness, can be used to completely cripple Kryptonians or make them useless by some writers. At times all you have to do is even give a hint for something to be mystical. Hence why Superman has been manhandled by Vampires that I recall Robin handling but that was a while back. Superman has also been hesitant to fight mystical bat's or something of the like, back in the JLA because he stated magic affected him as it would anyone else so he was useless or something (Don't recall the instance well.).

If we take magical weakness at their extremes for Kryptonian's then someone like Thor would cave Superman's head in like a watermelon with a hit from Mjolnir. On top of already being on par with Superman physically, he has a magically forged weapon and is a god. I assume most people don't even take into account the mystical weakness for Kryptonian's when they fight someone like Bill or Thor, or they really would be screwed. erm
I don't think Magic should have a Kryptonite effect on Superman. Shooting him in the foot with a magic bullet shouldn't be an instant KO or Kill, rather it should effect him just as a normal bullet effects a normal human. IMO they should remove the magic weakness, there are a lot more characters just as powerful as Superman with fewer weaknesses that still manage to have interesting stories. In fact Superman's MOST interesting stories are usually stories where he doesn't encounter any of his weaknesses but is challenged nonetheless.

h1a8
Actually, on a level of 1-10 where 10 means immune. Kryptonians are only a 7 in resistance to magic. A magical bullet wouldn't do anything to kryptonians. It would bounce off like a regular bullet. This is going by best showings and not low ones.

For example, if it takes 10 million tons of force to penetrate a kryptonian then it will take 7 million tons of force if magic is coated on the object. This is may take on magic and kryptonians since I've seen strong magic do absolutely nothing as well as magic do some damage.

Harbinger
.......What?

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
Actually, on a level of 1-10 where 10 means immune. Kryptonians are only a 7 in resistance to magic. A magical bullet wouldn't do anything to kryptonians. It would bounce off like a regular bullet. This is going by best showings and not low ones.

For example, if it takes 10 million tons of force to penetrate a kryptonian then it will take 7 million tons of force if magic is coated on the object. This is may take on magic and kryptonians since I've seen strong magic do absolutely nothing as well as magic do some damage.

The problem with these type of fights (Marvel vs. D.C.) many here are bias towards one side. Thus making them believe the other side would just stand there and take punishment.

To be objective team 2 will win because they are a lot faster and there is more of them than members on team 1. I see WW taking care of Thor while the other two blitzing BRB. Even if BRB has the reflexes and speed to stop one attack, he can't stop two at the same time (especially from different angles).

carver9

WTF?

One magical bullet is enough. Hell, a magical bullet>>>Vampire teeth and look how easily they penetrated Supes.

Wonder Woman tiar ripped through Supermans neck like nothing.

What are you talking about?

JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/StoneCold-1.jpg

carver9
The problem with these type of fights (Marvel vs. D.C.) many here are bias towards one side. Thus making them believe the other side would just stand there and take punishment.

To be objective team 2 will win because they are a lot faster and there is more of them than members on team 1. I see WW taking care of Thor while the other two blitzing BRB. Even if BRB has the reflexes and speed to stop one attack, he can't stop two at the same time (especially from different angles).

Show me any of the girls surviving planet destroying punches?

Omega Vision

We read different comics don't we? laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think Magic should have a Kryptonite effect on Superman. Shooting him in the foot with a magic bullet shouldn't be an instant KO or Kill, rather it should effect him just as a normal bullet effects a normal human. IMO they should remove the magic weakness, there are a lot more characters just as powerful as Superman with fewer weaknesses that still manage to have interesting stories. In fact Superman's MOST interesting stories are usually stories where he doesn't encounter any of his weaknesses but is challenged nonetheless.

That's what happened. The bullet took her down as it would take her down a normal person. He did shoot her in the chest or near shoulder as I recall.

Even if that's the case. Superman against someone like Thor would be a horrible match up for Clark. Just horrible. That's why I ignore the entire magical thing or it would just not be fair. Most people do as well I assume.

But yea, Superman does have some rather weak showings. Werewolves, and vampires taking him like they've done is rather sad. His definitely more resistant now, but it's still a rather exploitable weakness to writers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh and Team 1 makes Team 2 their bottom bitches.

I'm out. I've posted enough to satisfy my needs for now.

-Pr-
WTF?

One magical bullet is enough. Hell, a magical bullet>>>Vampire teeth and look how easily they penetrated Supes.

Wonder Woman tiar ripped through Supermans neck like nothing.

What are you talking about?

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/Wei-Phoenix/threadpollutionum8.jpg

h1a8
I doubt writers are going to use the magic to exploit Superman anymore because of the simple fact it would make him less popular and give more over to Marvel. That is why he took some very powerful magic of late with any damage. I think eventually, D.C. will explain that Superman is no longer weak to magic.

JakeTheBank
I doubt writers are going to use the magic to exploit Superman anymore because of the simple fact it would make him less popular and give more over to Marvel. That is why he took some very powerful magic of late with any damage. I think eventually, D.C. will explain that Superman is no longer weak to magic.

He's remained as insanely popular as he's been for years while still being disadvantaged against magic. I really doubt DC thinks that their fanbase will up and leave unless they retcon or do away with Superman and his magic problems. Superman is one of the heroes who pioneered having a "weakness", so I can't see them doing away with his second most known one.

aztec

I would presume, the lack of feats. Anyways, in my honest opinion I place Pee Gee ahead of Supergirl.

I give team two the majority. We've seen what Kara has done when bloodlusted. She was able to take out the Justice League, outsmarted the Flash, and held John in a choke hold. That obviously says something about her character. Then we have Karen who's the backbone of the Justice Society. Throw in Wonder Woman and the ladies take the slight majority. While Diana tangles with Thor, the krptonians dispatch BRB.

aztec

Ultra humanite has traded blows with the Martian. He's considered a team wreacker when written to his potential.

Enyalus
That is why he took some very powerful magic of late with any damage.
Examples?

carver9
Examples?

Trust me when I say this, you wont get not one example and the example that he give, its going to be inaccurate.

Wild Shadow
hmm.. someones post is starting to sound a lot like H1, vampguy and all his other alias...

pokey

Superman not having a magic weakness is absurd and contradicts his history...

not just from vampire teeths...but vampire holds as well... punches too....

Captain marvel charging his hand and ko'ing supes in one hit...
atlas manhandling supes b/c he himself is a magical being..

being cut by mystic wpns without any force being applied on it but just normal momentum.... etc etc..

h1a8
Examples?
Blaze

Also WW is another as she is made of magic and clay.

Enyalus
Blaze

Also WW is another as she is made of magic and clay.
Lady Blaze? That wasn't recent at all. Much more recently, General Lane used magic-based lasers to take down Superman AND Supergirl.

And WW doesn't even qualify as a magical being. Unlike, say, Captain Marvel...who in fact has two-shotted Superman and attributed it to his magical weakness.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think Magic should have a Kryptonite effect on Superman. Shooting him in the foot with a magic bullet shouldn't be an instant KO or Kill, rather it should effect him just as a normal bullet effects a normal human. IMO they should remove the magic weakness, there are a lot more characters just as powerful as Superman with fewer weaknesses that still manage to have interesting stories. In fact Superman's MOST interesting stories are usually stories where he doesn't encounter any of his weaknesses but is challenged nonetheless. It depends on ho wthe writer handles it really but it's still a weakness to varying degrees.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
It depends on ho wthe writer handles it really but it's still a weakness to varying degrees.

only to some writers, though.

quanchi112
only to some writers, though. That's why I put to varying degrees. Depends on the writer. Not a huge deal to busiek but it is to jurgens.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's why I put to varying degrees. Depends on the writer. Not a huge deal to busiek but it is to jurgens.

it's just that jurgens hasn't written superman since before his upgrades...

Black bolt z
Team 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.