Who can make it the farthest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Gauntlet for the main 3. Individual fight.

Thor/Surfer/Superman

This isnt a 10/10, who ever lose once, the fight is done. They are kicked out. They go back to 100% per each fight.

They are aware that they cant lose a round.

1. Black Bolt
2. Terrax
3. Firelord
4. Hyperion
5. Wonder Woman
6. Captain Marvel
7. Black Adam
8. Konvikt (no bfring and they are grounded)
9. Mongul with rings
10. GL with blue and green ring
11. Darkseid
12. Thanos

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Gauntlet for the main 3. Individual fight.

Thor/Surfer/Superman

This isnt a 10/10, who ever lose once, the fight is done. They are kicked out. They go back to 100% per each fight.

1. Black Bolt
2. Terrax
3. Firelord
4. Hyperion
5. Wonder Woman
6. Captain Marvel
7. Black Adam
9. Mongul with rings
11. Darkseid
12. Thanos

I would say Surfer. Superman and Thor lose to 5.
WW should be higher on the list.

Enyalus
Wow.

Um...are they aware they can't lose even once? That would change up some mind sets.

janus77
Surfer gets the furthest.

chomperx9
Originally posted by h1a8
WW should be higher on the list. superman and thor go past 5 thats for sure. superman might stop at 6. thor might stop at 10

carver9

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
Wow.

Um...are they aware they can't lose even once? That would change up some mind sets.

Thanks, I just edited it.

carver9
WW should be higher on the list.

So do you think Wonder Woman > Supes?

Enyalus
So, Superman is going to blitz 1 and 2 pretty quickly, going all out. He might struggle a bit with Firelord, but probably downs him. Downs Hyperion. Also Diana's but at least they're pretty good fights. Stops at Captain Marvel.

Thor can house Blackbolt and Terrax, but he's basically lost to Firelord before. That might be problematic. He could very well stop here. But if I give him the benefit of the doubt, he'll make it to Mongul w/ rings. Diana's only chance against Thor in this scenario is the lasso, and even while he's in it he could use Mjolnir to BFR her or teleport out of it or even use an Anti-Force or Godblast. CM and BA are basically Wonder Woman without the gear to back it up, and Thor's magical resistance is ridiculous. Konvikt has absurd strength, but hell, classic Thor's even outfought and overpowered Kurse before, as well as the Destroyer. So with shit on the line, he gets passed Konvikt.

Surfer...BB is slightly tricky. Terrax he owns. Firelord in Annihilation looked inferior to SS, so that's that. Against Hyperion, not THAT much trouble. Diana, BFR, matter manipulation, planet-destroying blasts while flying around her at lightspeed, whatever. Just too versatile. CM and BA are also too one-dimensional to stop SS. Konvikt probably stops Surfer here. Superman was hitting him with punches that could destroy small planets, Surfer has blasts that can destroy planets. Good matchup there...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor can house Blackbolt and Terrax, but he's basically lost to Firelord before.

erm

And in Volume 2, Thor definitely looked superior. Shrugged off the same attack from the same being who one shotted Firelord for a time and trapped him.

-Pr-
Superman already has a massive advantage, considering that he's fought everyone in this block

5. Wonder Woman
6. Captain Marvel
7. Black Adam
9. Mongul with rings
11. Darkseid

before to at least some extent, so he knows what to expect.

also, why is GL so high? Unless you mean an ACTUAL named GL, and not just some cannon fodder guy/girl.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor get's to 12 if this is Superman's punching bag Darkseid.

Mongul with rings, and the Green Lantern with the Blue and Green Rings should be lower up the list in my opinion unless Thor's forgotten he can absorb and drain energy and the problem with using both rings was removed and this is not some cannon fodder Green Lantern. Not sure how the drain would effect the Green/Blue ring combo though.

Slaanesh
Surfer stop at 9
Thor stop 8 or 9
Supes stop at 6 or 7

h1a8
So do you think Wonder Woman > Supes?

No! But I think she will beat Superman in a one on one fight.

carver9
I'm sorry, the gl that is in this battle is hal.

carver9
No! But I think she will beat Superman in a one on one fight.

I think she would to but in this scenerio I would give Supes the edge on her.

chomperx9
No! But I think she will beat Superman in a one on one fight. no way

h1a8
Originally posted by chomperx9
superman and thor go past 5 thats for sure. superman might stop at 6. thor might stop at 10

WW counters one of Superman's attacks with a hit that turns into a combo to ko. All with excellent yet graceful skill.

She does the same to Thor as well (she's faster and more skilled).

h1a8
Originally posted by chomperx9
no way

With all things nearly equal skill takes it everytime.

Look at CA against beings who are way stronger. He wins.

Black bolt z
If he really wanted too black bolt could just scream at all of them killing or at least knocking them out.Other than that i'd go with surfer.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

And in Volume 2, Thor definitely looked superior. Shrugged off the same attack from the same being who one shotted Firelord for a time and trapped him.
Kind of...Firelord had tanked that same attack twice before. Then he hits Thor with it, then Firelord intervenes again and gets one-shotted by what looked like a much more powerful attack. I'd still call it close. Afterall, Firelord was very useful in that arc, both uncloaking the Designate's planet and tracking the Illumination Stone throughout the universe to even get them there.

galactusischere
Apocalypse already tanked BB's scream. Those three would too.

If it's a ten round fight and they can't even loose one, SM might stop at 1 and has little to no chance of making it past 3.

SS might stop at 3, if he doesn't than 4 - 8 should be easy. 9 and 10 again have good chances of stopping him. He stops dead at 11 if there is no jobbing involved.

Thor might drop the ball in any of them starting with the first. 1, 3, 5, 8, 9 and 10 should be particularly tough fights for him. I doubt he makes it to eleven. Probably stops at 3 or 5

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
Apocalypse already tanked BB's scream. Those three would too. When?

galactusischere
When he took on BB and the Inhumans(they didn't stand a chance).

Classic Poccy was a BEAST.

Black bolt z
When he took on BB and the Inhumans(they didn't stand a chance).

Classic Poccy was a BEAST. I'm asking what comic.

galactusischere
X-Factor 65-68. Im not sure, this is based on loose memory.

Enyalus
X-Factor 65-68. Im not sure, this is based on loose memory.
Good memory. thumb up I think it was X-Factor #67. The Endgame storyline.

galactusischere
Good memory. thumb up I think it was X-Factor #67. The Endgame storyline. thumb up

tideoftime

1. Black Bolt
2. Terrax
3. Firelord
4. Hyperion
5. Wonder Woman
6. Captain Marvel
7. Black Adam
9. Mongul with rings
11. Darkseid
12. Thanos

I'd say Superman makes it to 8 or 9 (though 5-7 gives him headaches, due to mystical influences); Thor makes it to 9-10, though he's done at 11. Surfer makes it to 11. If he somehow makes it past Darkseid, then Thanos will be problematic. Of the three, SS is the one with the best chances of clearing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Kind of...Firelord had tanked that same attack twice before. Then he hits Thor with it, then Firelord intervenes again and gets one-shotted by what looked like a much more powerful attack. I'd still call it close. Afterall, Firelord was very useful in that arc, both uncloaking the Designate's planet and tracking the Illumination Stone throughout the universe to even get them there.

You're right, he tanked it once before. The second time which I'm assuming is the instance in the next page is a block as I understood. Always seemed like he was blocking it with his staff, based on how it's raised and how his bent. I never even noticed the first attack. It's probably because no matter how many times I read the arc, I'm always rushing towards the final Thor/Thanos fight. It was epic. Either way, impressive feat for Thor.

I believed that arc intended to portray as Thor as superior. It's supported even further by the fact that when Thanos has Thor in his energy web, Firelord states that it would not be wise for even someone like himself to enter it, and blasts Thor out a bolt of his own power (Thor is unharmed of course.).

Never said he wasn't useful. He was VERY useful. Firelord is always portrayed very well in Thor's books. Always as a god like entity.

Enyalus
You're right, he tanked it once before. The second time which I'm assuming is the instance in the next page is a block as I understood. Always seemed like he was blocking it with his staff, based on how it's raised and how his bent. I never even noticed the first attack. It's probably because no matter how many times I read the arc, I'm always rushing towards the final Thor/Thanos fight. It was epic. Either way, impressive feat for Thor.

I believed that arc intended to portray as Thor as superior.
You could very well be right. To be honest, when I said what I did about Thor having trouble against Firelord, I had completely forgotten this arc...probably because Romata Jr's art was shit, and so was Jurgens writing of Thanos. Though I agree, the Thor/Thanosi fight was awesome.

Still think he'd probably drop at least one to Mongul with the rings. I know Mjolnir absorbs energy, but the rings grant pretty solid control over their own energy, too. I can agree that he gets past Firelord without dropping one, though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You could very well be right. To be honest, when I said what I did about Thor having trouble against Firelord, I had completely forgotten this arc...probably because Romata Jr's art was shit, and so was Jurgens writing of Thanos. Though I agree, the Thor/Thanosi fight was awesome.

Still think he'd probably drop at least one to Mongul with the rings. I know Mjolnir absorbs energy, but the rings grant pretty solid control over their own energy, too. I can agree that he gets past Firelord without dropping one, though.

Well, it seemed like it to me personally.

I don't think so personally. They do have some impressive energy control, but seeing how easily the Manhunters can do it, and based on Thor's own energy draining and manipulation abilities, I'm inclined to think, that it would be easy for Thor to accomplish energy drain. Lantern's are of course not as powerful under Johns.

And if Thor knows, he cannot lose even one, then Mongul is in BIG trouble. At the end of the day, without the rings, his the guy who was beaten by Krypto to me. Liked Senior a lot better myself.

Mongul with the rings' best showing is against Rayner and the other Lanterns. Which of course again falls under the Ninja Law rule being discussed in another thread. That's why, when Ion while being cut off from the Ion power and was only limited to his Green Lantern ring stalemated him just fine, while it took three more Lanterns to accomplish that in the past. Plus the new villain smell was still in play at the time.

As well, isn't one of the things revealed about the rings that, more doesn't necessarily equal superiority?

carver9
Why did Kris get banned if anyone can answer that for me?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Apparently it was for getting into a fight with Alpha Centuri in the Siege discussion thread for not using spoilers. Stupidest thing I've ever heard off getting banned for.

I'd personally make it my mission to find out what comics Alpha reads, and send him messages spoiling everything for him on a weekly basis if I didn't like him so much. I'll miss Kris and the pictures he sent of himself to me. sad

But seriously, a ban is too harsh but that's only my opinion. I wouldn't want brucy or even Quannybun himself to get banned. Only blatant trolls etc. should get permanent banned.

carver9
Apparently it was for getting into a fight with Alpha Centuri in the Siege discussion thread for not using spoilers. Stupidest thing I've ever heard off getting banned for.

I'd personally make it my mission to find out what comics Alpha reads, and send him messages spoiling everything for him on a weekly basis if I didn't like him so much. I'll miss Kris and the pictures he sent of himself to me. sad

But seriously, a ban is too harsh but that's only my opinion. I wouldn't want brucy or even Quannybun himself to get banned. Only blatant trolls etc. should get permanent banned.

I honestly dont agree with Senior members getting banned but hey, to each their own.

Enyalus
As well, isn't one of the things revealed about the rings that, more doesn't necessarily equal superiority?
That's clear from Sinestro beating him and like you said, Ion stalemating him without the Ion Power. And yeah, I have no love for Mongul, Jr.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's clear from Sinestro beating him and like you said, Ion stalemating him without the Ion Power. And yeah, I have no love for Mongul, Jr.

thumb up

Senior was badass. His line to Superman after he removed the black mercy was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=plZhISA8Fdw&v=n8VPOP7huew

1:41. One of the best lines I've ever heard.

That was one of the best stories ever told. I'm going to re-read it tomorrow.

Enyalus
thumb up

Senior was badass. His line to Superman after he removed the black mercy was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=plZhISA8Fdw&v=n8VPOP7huew

1:41. One of the best lines I've ever heard.

That was one of the best stories ever told. I'm going to re-read it tomorrow.
Badass indeed. I have the annual if you don't have it for some reason....

D_Dude1210
Surfer...BB is slightly tricky. Terrax he owns. Firelord in Annihilation looked inferior to SS, so that's that. Against Hyperion, not THAT much trouble. Diana, BFR, matter manipulation, planet-destroying blasts while flying around her at lightspeed, whatever. Just too versatile. CM and BA are also too one-dimensional to stop SS. Konvikt probably stops Surfer here. Superman was hitting him with punches that could destroy small planets, Surfer has blasts that can destroy planets. Good matchup there...

OR Surfer can use weakness exploit and simply GAS the heck out of Konvickt? wink

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
OR Surfer can use weakness exploit and simply GAS the heck out of Konvickt? wink
Pfft.

Color me skeptical.

psycho gundam
or just send his board at konvikt's neck.....

D_Dude1210
Pfft.

Color me skeptical.

It's possible, tho. :-/

kgkg
They all stop at 1. wink

I thinks it's very unlikely that any of them get 10/10 over firelord. BB and even terrax may present problems for them too.

Batman-Prime
I would switch Darkseid with Thanos but anyway.

So, no losing = all out mindset? Just one fight, 1/1? Their enemies fight in character? GL is say Hal?

Thor Stops at 10 (5-7 via bfr).
Silver Surfer stops at 10.
Superman stops at 10.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I would switch Darkseid with Thanos but anyway.

So, no losing = all out mindset? Just one fight, 1/1? Their enemies fight in character? GL is say Hal?

Thor Stops at 10 (5-7 via bfr).
Silver Surfer stops at 10.
Superman stops at 10.

I think it's ten fights with each ,if the challengers lose one they're out.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by 753
I think it's ten fights with each ,if the challengers lose one they're out.

Then they should all stop at #2. Even if Terrax is underrated and a cosmic-comic-jobber. They all are losing at least 1 at #5.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Then they should all stop at #2. Even if Terrax is underrated and a cosmic-comic-jobber. They all are losing at least 1 at #5. thumb up

janus77
Surfer siphons Terrax's PC 10 times FTW.

either that or he does to Terrax what Sentry did to him. or he busts the planet and lets Terrax float away off into deepest space.

IF Surfer has to win 10/10 against Terrax, he will do so. Surfer only loses occasional match-ups because he's not quite as serious as the situation demands, here he's focused and ready.

Man, no respect at all for terrax in this forum. The PC drain will probably work - terrax is nowhere near the others in sofistication and control over it - but he can certainly tank a beating, move through space on his own and go faster than light too. So destroying the planet won't incapacitate him and a raw energy beatdown is unlikely to get a 10/10 over him.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman already has a massive advantage, considering that he's fought everyone in this block

before to at least some extent, so he knows what to expect.

also, why is GL so high? Unless you mean an ACTUAL named GL, and not just some cannon fodder guy/girl. prolly Hal with the Green and blue ring which actually makes him fairly uber...He'd basically have unlimited charge with a more powerful ring...the blue ring.

kgkg
So are they like fighting Ten times and can loose once? that's what I understood from the first post.

Anyway if that's the case people are overrating the characters sure they can beat up to #8 arguable for a majority but all will loose at least once to the #1 on the list BB.

If this is like one fight than that's a different story with them doing much better.

meep-meep
Furthest or farthest? And yes, I am the grammar police. Don't think about it, just put your letters where I can see them.

They are so similar.....all of them. All at 9-10 unless many lives are at stake.

Mshinu
They can`t beat Black Bolt 10/10 so I am going to asume it is 1 fight each.

Supes: 6 or 7, if he makes it past them he stops at 10.
Surfer: probably 11 tho 8 is going to be very hard.
Thor: struggles at 10 but makes it to 11.

manx422
Supes
he stops at 10

no3le1
Thor get's to 12 if this is Superman's punching bag Darkseid.

Mongul with rings, and the Green Lantern with the Blue and Green Rings should be lower up the list in my opinion unless Thor's forgotten he can absorb and drain energy and the problem with using both rings was removed and this is not some cannon fodder Green Lantern. Not sure how the drain would effect the Green/Blue ring combo though.

oh shut up already thor lost to firelord once already he will stop at him again and even if he gets pass firelord he is sure going to lose some to wonder woman and if anyone here thinks thor can beat wonder woman a perfect 10/10 you are a moron and should be quiet

superman if he knows that everything is on the line and the entire world is depending on him will clear this gauntlet but if cis is off then i guess he gets to captain marvel

Mshinu
Originally posted by no3le1
oh shut up already thor lost to firelord once already he will stop at him again and even if he gets pass firelord he is sure going to lose some to wonder woman and if anyone here thinks thor can beat wonder woman a perfect 10/10 you are a moron and should be quiet

superman if he knows that everything is on the line and the entire world is depending on him will clear this gauntlet but if cis is off then i guess he gets to captain marvel

Thor won`t take down WW 10/10, but Supes will do perfect 10s against Darkseid and Thanos?
confused

manx422
thor can not drain green blue combo
not even AO can do it

no3le1
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thor won`t take down WW 10/10, but Supes will do perfect 10s against Darkseid and Thanos?
confused

are you retarded? i said superman will stop at captain marvel read my post again idiot

Mshinu
are you retarded? i said superman will stop at captain marvel read my post again idiot

Hemroids acting up again?
You said:

CIS is on unless stated otherwise.

no3le1
You said:

CIS is on unless stated otherwise.

i said that in ordenery superman story where he knows that the entire world is depending on him and the entire world is at great danger unless he wins he will clear the list because thats what he does he defeats everybody against all the odds when ever the world is in danger but if we turn off the CIS then he stops at captain marvel

Mshinu
i said that in ordenery superman story where he knows that the entire world is depending on him and the entire world is at great danger unless he wins he will clear the list because thats what he does he defeats everybody against all the odds when ever the world is in danger but if we turn off the CIS then he stops at captain marvel

So CIS off he will beat Darkseid and Thanos 10/10?
World in danger etc.

no3le1
So CIS off he will beat Darkseid and Thanos 10/10?
World in danger etc.

again moron read what i say, if CIS is on then he clears the list like he always beating darkseid when the world is in great danger and he just must defeat everybody but if CIS is off then he gets only to captain marvel ... is it better now or you still dont understand idioto?

Mshinu
again moron read what i say, if CIS is on then he clears the list like he always beating darkseid when the world is in great danger and he just must defeat everybody but if CIS is off then he gets only to captain marvel ... is it better now or you still dont understand idioto?

You can`t even get your childish insults right.
Do you understand the difference between PIS and CIS?
In a forum fight PIS is off and CIS on unless otherwise stated.

Here is your original statement:

So my question to you is: Will Superman beat Darkseid or Thanos 10/10 in a standard forum fight (where he is motivated)?

no3le1
You can`t even get your childish insults right.
Do you understand the difference between PIS and CIS?
In a forum fight PIS is off and CIS on unless otherwise stated.

Here is your original statement:

So my question to you is: Will Superman beat Darkseid or Thanos 10/10 in a standard forum fight (where he is motivated)?

as i said before CIS doesnt always mean the world is in danger and that if superman doesnt win the world will be destroyed if this scenario will happen then yes he can take either thanos or darksied 10/10 but unless he is the last hope of earth he cant get pass captain marvel

He has no chance in hell of making it past firelord either. Probably stops at black bolt fot that matter.

Mshinu
as i said before CIS doesnt always mean the world is in danger and that if superman doesnt win the world will be destroyed if this scenario will happen then yes he can take either thanos or darksied 10/10 but unless he is the last hope of earth he cant get pass captain marvel

I see.

Personally I don`t see Supes, Thor or Surfer taking a single win against Darkseid or Thanos without PIS. No matter how focused or they are.

You've just regurgitated the defininitons of PIS and villain jobbing not CIS, read the rules. Without PIS, SM wouldn't even take a majority against a lot of these characters let alone pull 10/10 over them. He probably stops at 1, unless he pulls a miracle out of his ass and even then he stops dead at 3 at the most. an if the world was ion the balance and SM was its last hope he would still get crushed unless there is plot induced stupidity: writers making nonsensical and idiotic things happen for the sake opf the plot.

no3le1
Originally posted by 753
You've just regurgitated the defininitons of PIS and villain jobbing not CIS, read the rules. Without PIS, SM wouldn't even take a majority against a lot of these characters let alone pull 10/10 over them. He probably stops at 1, unless he pulls a miracle out of his ass and even then he stops dead at 3 at the most. an if the world was ion the balance and SM was its last hope he would still get crushed unless there is plot induced stupidity: writers making nonsensical and idiotic things happen for the sake opf the plot.

and do you believe thor is able to take a perfect clear 10/10 against black bolt?

Mshinu
and do you believe thor is able to take a perfect clear 10/10 against black bolt?

Nope, I already said I don`t see any of them getting 10 wins against BB.

No.

SS has the best chances, but no certainty, of making it past 1, maybe even 2. Still doesn't make it past 3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.