Sun Dipped Superman vs Void Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Sun Dipped Superman- Our Worlds At War

VS

Void Sentry- current

Call it

King Kandy
How can Superman take him out?

shokosugi
Superman wins 10/10

the ninjak
Stalemate until we can see if Void/Sentry can do to Supes' particles like he did to Ares before ripping him in half.

Batman-Prime
Sundipped Superman, till Sentry proves himself against someone better.

xJLxKing
Superman wins. Void/Sentry needs more showings

rotiart
Void sentry ftw.

:O

janus77
Void Sentry, can't see Superman doing any lasting harm to someone with that level of molecular self control.

Void is ruthless enough to just bombard Superman from all sides.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by janus77
Void Sentry, can't see Superman doing any lasting harm to someone with that level of molecular self control.

Void is ruthless enough to just bombard Superman from all sides.

Sundipped Superman will take this bombardement without illeffects.

carver9
Sentry almost every time.

Answer this for me, what feats does Sundip Superman have besides moving a planet the size of a moon?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry almost every time.

Answer this for me, what feats does Sundip Superman have besides moving a planet the size of a moon?

Sundipped Superman stomps, from all the Sentry has shown till now

Moving Warworld against the force of it's engines which were powered by the energies of Imperiex =/= moving a Planet.

Breaking through the defenses of Warworld (Brainiac 13 with Imperiex energies) taking all attacks without even a scratch. Destroying everything Brainiac 13 crated (with his newfound energy source, Imperiex the Universal force of entropy) just with his aura.

Now tell me this Carver. What attack has hurt sundipped Superman?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
what, being able to resurrect himself and control molecules? (most likely the same power: sentry pulls his form back together after death, which would mean he was never dead/ko'd)

should be a stalemate till sentry gets more feats/losses amirite?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what, being able to resurrect himself and control molecules?

should be a stalemate till sentry gets more feats/losses amirite?

No because being ripped apart and reforming later is an tech ko.

Stalemate with regular Superman or regular Thor, there you would be right. IMO

But, meh, let's see how he handles Thor, then we will know more, won't we? Till now Thor 1 Sentry 0.

quanchi112
No because being ripped apart and reforming later is an tech ko.

Stalemate with regular Superman or regular Thor, there you would be right. IMO

But, meh, let's see how he handles Thor, then we will know more, won't we? Till now Thor 1 Sentry 0. If we take Sentry at his absolute best aka dark avengers he wins. I don't see Superman doing anything Voidtry doesn't just reform from in seconds.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
If we take Sentry at his absolute best aka dark avengers he wins. I don't see Superman doing anything Voidtry doesn't just reform from in seconds.

What has hurt Sundipped Superman, what can sentry do to him?

quanchi112
What has hurt Sundipped Superman, what can sentry do to him? Rearrange his molecular structure.

Void comes back to the fight so fast after being torn apart, it can no longer be counted as a ko or incapacitation defeat. I'll go with the sentry on this one. Dip or no dip, there is no plausible reason to believe SM can survive the kind of matter manipulation that put down MM (or any other kind for that matter)

Batman-Prime
Rearrange his molecular structure.

If Entropy blasts couldn't affect his molecules and Brainiac 13 with Imperiex energies Sentry wouldn't be able to.

quanchi112
If Entropy blasts couldn't affect his molecules and Brainiac 13 with Imperiex energies Sentry wouldn't be able to. That's a false comparison. That's like saying just because juggernaut resisted the godblast he can resist this attack. I also think the Sentry might be able to overload Superman as well.

Batman-Prime
That's a false comparison. That's like saying just because juggernaut resisted the godblast he can resist this attack. I also think the Sentry might be able to overload Superman as well.

So you think the way you do, biased and wrong. So please say, what attack has hurt sundipped Superman?

If Entropy blasts couldn't affect his molecules and Brainiac 13 with Imperiex energies Sentry wouldn't be able to.

Were these attacks speciffically sated to be atempts at molecular or subatomic matter manipulation that failed? Or were they just general purpose energy blasts coming at him from the outside that he happened to tank?

If it worked on MM who is a god of matter manipulation, why wouldn't it work on SM who has no specific defense to it in his onedimensional (for the purposes of this fight) powerset or history of feats? All SM has is his general durability. He'll die ugly just the same.

Wild Shadow
Superman dies a horrible death via matter manipulation 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
Were these attacks speciffically sated to be atempts at molecular or subatomic matter manipulation that failed? Or were they just general purpose energy blasts coming at him from the outside that he happened to tank?

If it worked on MM who is a god of matter manipulation, why wouldn't it work on SM who has no specific defense to it in his onedimensional (for the purposes of this fight) powerset or history of feats? All SM has is his general durability. He'll die ugly just the same. Exactly.

So you think the way you do, biased and wrong. So please say, what attack has hurt sundipped Superman? It's not just me. You don't even understand the simple differences in the example in which you used and the example in which I used. Other posters are calling you out not just me.

That's neither here nor there. Your logic states since he wasn't beaten in the arc nothing can hurt him. That's just ignorant.

Allankles
Originally posted by 753

If it worked on MM who is a god of matter manipulation, why wouldn't it work on SM who has no specific defense to it in his onedimensional (for the purposes of this fight) powerset or history of feats? All SM has is his general durability. He'll die ugly just the same.

Matter manipulation is pretty much like magic. One day Sentry can matter manip MM the next he can't, for one obscure reason or another. And I doubt he matter manips Thor, I'm almost certain it doesn't happen, regardless of whether he wins or not.

I think regular Supes already has control over his own molecules, so matter manipulating him isn't as simple as an A B C equation. For instance he can vibrate his molecules to varied frequencies, matching his body's frequency to those of parallel universes.

Again given the inconsistency of matter manipulation it's difficult to say how he'd affect sundipped Supes in OWAW who seemed to have evolved into a more powerful being from what was shown.

We'll just have to wait for more showings from Sentry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
Matter manipulation is pretty much like magic. One day Sentry can matter manip MM the next he can't, for one obscure reason or another. And I doubt he matter manips Thor, I'm almost certain it doesn't happen, regardless of whether he wins or not.

I think regular Supes already has control over his own molecules, so matter manipulating him isn't as simple as an A B C equation.

Again given the inconsistency of matter manipulation it's difficult to say how he'd affect sundipped Supes in OWAW who seemed to have evolved into a more powerful being from what was shown.

We'll just have to wait for more showings from Sentry. Because like most exotic abilities they don't lose the ability they just don't use them. We see Thor ignore most of his other abilities against the Hulk yet we know he can still replicate them.

We don't have to see any more showings to know he can do what he did. I think it's obvious they won't have him doing this every time he shows up because it would kill the plot.

Allankles
That could apply to so many characters. Superman isn't going to be using T-vo either because it's broken.

The point is matter manipulation is similar to magic, he can matter manip MM but I bet someone else with maybe even less control over that kind of ability resists him.

And you know what, it will be valid because there's no rule defining what constitutes great defense against Matter manip as long as you have control over your own molecules.

Again it almost sounds like magic, except at least with magic power levels make sense. It's like this, what would stop a guy with control over his own molecules from resisting a matter manipulator?

Superherovandal
Because like most exotic abilities they don't lose the ability they just don't use them. We see Thor ignore most of his other abilities against the Hulk yet we know he can still replicate them.

We don't have to see any more showings to know he can do what he did. I think it's obvious they won't have him doing this every time he shows up because it would kill the plot. Honestly right now that feat with the matter manipulation should be given as much consideration as Torquasm-Vo that Supes has used like once...Neither have shown anywhere near as impressive feats since.

quanchi112
That could apply to so many characters. Superman isn't going to be using T-vo either because it's broken.

The point is matter manipulation is similar to magic, he can matter manip MM but I bet someone else with maybe even less control over that kind of ability resists him.

And you know what, it will be valid because there's no rule defining what constitutes great defense against Matter manip as long as you have control over your own molecules.

Again it almost sounds like magic, except at least with magic power levels make sense. It's like this, what would stop a guy with control over his own molecules from resisting a matter manipulator? It isn't magic it's been descrbed by the writer as reality matter control powers basically. You can try to put a spin on it because you're unhappy Sentry can win here but until a showing comes out which changes things live with it.

Allankles
I didn't say it's magic. And also any time someone just matter manips a matter manipulator you pretty much know the writer was being one sided. It is broken.

quanchi112
I didn't say it's magic. And also any time someone just matter manips a matter manipulator you pretty much know the writer was being one sided. It is broken. No, you don't you see how powerful the sentry is. The writer was making a point to show his power even overtakes someone like the MM. Also quit using the word magic at all it isn't magic.

Allankles
I know the Sentry is powerful, no doubt about that, but if matter manipulation is his trump card then he needs more than one showing with it, because matter manipulation is not consistent for a variety of reasons.

One of those reasons is manipulating the matter of an opponent with control over his own molecules, we're talking psionic control over molecules, no amount of molecular manipulation should break that psionic control unless you're talking magic or reality manipulation which can bypass any physical forces.

quanchi112
I know the Sentry is powerful, no doubt about that, but if matter manipulation is his trump card then he needs more than one showing with it, because matter manipulation is not consistent for a variety of reasons.

One of those reasons is manipulating the matter of an opponent with control over his own molecules, we're talking psionic control over molecules, no amount of molecular manipulation should break that psionic control unless you're talking magic or reality manipulation which can bypass any physical forces. The writer already stated reality warping matter control.

Allankles
Ok cool. Then a character would need resistence to reality manipulation as well, regular Supes has done that too. Sometimes people forget the wide array of feats Supes has.

quanchi112
Ok cool. Then a character would need resistence to reality manipulation as well, regular Supes has done that too. Sometimes people forget the wide array of feats Supes has. He's also been easily turned into salt and killed. Do you think Superman can resist a cc?

Allankles
What's a cc? And remember this is sundipped Supes.

quanchi112
What's a cc? And remember this is sundipped Supes. Cosmic cube.

Now with the limited time we had of Superman being sundipped do you really think without proof he can resist being warped to a greater degree?

Allankles
As far as MM is concerned, yeah I think Sundipped Supes can resist him. I doubt the writer had the CCs in mind as the end-all-be-all of reality manipulation when he wrought up the Sentry/MM fight.

It's a tremendous feat on its own, but I think we need to see more, just so that we don't jump to quick conclusion. Rulk also had his 15 minutes and I remember how you were a big fan, before turning around and becoming a Thor fan later.

I'm not going to criticize anyone for glory hunting, but it's wise to wait.

Wild Shadow
sigh......... now supe has matter manipulation control over his own molecules?

where was it when he is being transported/teleported to the JLa tower?

if he has so much controlover his body or is highly resistant to matter manipulation it should be near impossible to break him down to energy and teleported.. it should also be impossible for the future magician guy to turn him into a puppet.... it should also be near impossible for Mxy to mess with him as well(yeah im reaching with mxy) but then Superman shouldnt have bn turned into a teen during the sins of youth storyline by which boy and alien science)

Superman shouldnt have ever bn effected by temporal or reality disruption in any of his stories... but we have seen Superman costume and personalities change from various superman of other timelines/realitieswinkiss

didnt DS also use his OB to teleport superman away which again is altering changing superman on a molecular lvl?

Allankles
I don't see what teleporting has to do with Matter Manipulation, since teleportation has to do with the manipulation of space. If you can bend space or have a device to bend the space occupied by whatever kind of matter, that is clearly seperate from direct manipulation of said matter.

Telportation is merely a kind of manipulation of the space matter distorts.

I think regular Supes already has control over his own molecules, so matter manipulating him isn't as simple as an A B C equation. For instance he can vibrate his molecules to varied frequencies, matching his body's frequency to those of parallel universes.

We'll just have to wait for more showings from Sentry.

One of those reasons is manipulating the matter of an opponent with control over his own molecules, we're talking psionic control over molecules, no amount of molecular manipulation should break that psionic control unless you're talking magic or reality manipulation which can bypass any physical forces.

Transmutation is seldom used because the power is broken - I agree that this is true of a lot of powers and characters who never do what they can because it would kill the plot and that some powers are once in a lifetime things. But in sentry's case, I'm convinced he uses that power all the time, it's not just that one showing. He just makes it look like he has the powers of SM because he is mentally limited. Recently, he began outgrowing such limitations and is becoming more powerfull. Tearing ares in half was just exactly that, matter manipulation/reality warping.

I don't think matter control is so all over the place either. Sure it has consitancy issues, but I don't think they are that much greater than other superpowers.

People who have psionic or any other kind control over matter, be it just their own bodies or matter in general, may try to resist outside atempts of manipulation. But since no character below omnipotence has absolute control over anything and psionic control over one's own mass does not, at all, entail absolute power over it, they will still be manipulated by powers greater than their own, regardless of whether their powers are psionic or not. Therefore, power levels and degrees of control among manipulators determine the outcome of an attack and matter control is not entirely unpredictable (even if it does vary somewhat). Sentry unequivocally did it to MM and the story makes it clear that he has more raw power and less fine control than him. In this particular case, raw power took the best over fine control. Such an outcome may vary from one fight to another, but it's obvious they're both high end manipulators and SM is not.

SM's vibration thing is just a smart aplication of superspeed, not actual matter manipulation. I just think it's unrealistic to expect he can resist what MM couldn't.

quanchi112
As far as MM is concerned, yeah I think Sundipped Supes can resist him. I doubt the writer had the CCs in mind as the end-all-be-all of reality manipulation when he wrought up the Sentry/MM fight.

It's a tremendous feat on its own, but I think we need to see more, just so that we don't jump to quick conclusion. Rulk also had his 15 minutes and I remember how you were a big fan, before turning around and becoming a Thor fan later.

I'm not going to criticize anyone for glory hunting, but it's wise to wait. You basically assumed Superman can resist something and then later turn around make exceptions. You don't have a clue and don't have a leg to stand on here.

Supes has been easily killed before by being manipulated and the Sentry doing so to Mm further rams it home as a being with this much control could still be overpowered.

Add that to the fact Superman was almost overcome by the raw power he had inside him and he's screwed. Sentry either overloads him or warps him.

Allankles
Originally posted by 753

SM's vibration thing is just a smart aplication of superspeed, not actual matter manipulation. I just think it's unrealistic to expect he can resist what MM couldn't.

I agree that regular Supes is unlikely to resist what MM couldn't under normal circumstances but if he's in his sundipped state, where he clearly underwent a metamorphosis that is a different matter.

quanchi112
I agree that regular Supes is unlikely to resist what MM couldn't under normal circumstances but if he's in his sundipped state, where he clearly underwent a metamorphosis that is a different matter. It was also harder in this state to overcome the sheer power he absorbed so I think it would be even more difficult.

Allankles
You basically assumed Superman can resist something and then later turn around make exceptions. You don't have a clue and don't have a leg to stand on here.

Supes has been easily killed before by being manipulated and the Sentry doing so to Mm further rams it home as a being with this much control could still be overpowered.

Add that to the fact Superman was almost overcome by the raw power he had inside him and he's screwed. Sentry either overloads him or warps him.

Superman wasn't being overwhelmed by the power inside him, and even if he was, that is neither here no there, seeing as it has no direct relevance to what raw power Sentry might have.

Superman was entering a higher plane of existence, he was losing the parts of him that made him human like his love for Lois etc and he was trying not to lose that, it had nothing to do with feeling overpowered if you followed the thread of the dialogue.

Enyalus
Allankles, go into the H/P DD & Thanos vs. Odin/Darkseid thread and explain the difference and subtleties between the Omega Beams and the Omega Effect, please.

stick out tongue

carver9

Moving Warworld against the force of it's engines which were powered by the energies of Imperiex =/= moving a Planet.

Breaking through the defenses of Warworld (Brainiac 13 with Imperiex energies) taking all attacks without even a scratch. Destroying everything Brainiac 13 crated (with his newfound energy source, Imperiex the Universal force of entropy) just with his aura.

Now tell me this Carver. What attack has hurt sundipped Superman?

Im not impressed by anything you said.

War World already had engine before the absorption of imperex and there is nothing to prove that it was imperex energy that was being use to push against Supes.

Breaking through the defense of War World? What defensive system did you see from War World that was so amazing?

Brainiac 13 was always a joke to me. Can you show me something where it was stated that brainiac got the chance to use that nice energy that he stole from imperex before being attacked.

Out of everything that happened during the imperex saga, all of the heros that was fighting alongside Superman seemed more impressed on him moving war world than anything.

Not downing the feat, I just want to know what a Sundip Superman did to put him on levels where people put him at.

quanchi112
Superman wasn't being overwhelmed by the power inside him, and even if he was, that is neither here no there, seeing as it has no direct relevance to what raw power Sentry might have.

Superman was entering a higher plane of existence, he was losing the parts of him that made him human like his love for Lois etc and he was trying not to lose that, it had nothing to do with feeling overpowered if you followed the thread of the dialogue. Sentry has overloaded the absorbing man before and Superman was struggling with the power inside him to assert control. I guess you aren't even sure and then say it doesn't matter showing you don't care and you love Superman.

No, he was overwhelmed by the sheer power he took in. He wasn't changing or evolving. laughing out loud

Allankles
It was also harder in this state to overcome the sheer power he absorbed so I think it would be even more difficult.

As I've just posted, the power was putting his mind in a different place, a higher plane, forgetting or not caring about the people he was fighting for, nothing to do with the power simply overcoming his absoprtion.

If you remember he was beginning to think in an inhuman way, and then the part of him that is human kicked in, trying to override what the power was doing to his conscious mind.

carver9
Originally posted by 753

The only time it was shown where Superman was hit by Imperex energy was when him and Doomsday confronted Imperex f2f and it almost killed him if Darkseid wasnt there.

quanchi112
As I've just posted, the power was putting his mind in a different place, a higher plane, forgetting or not caring about the people he was fighting for, nothing to do with the power simply overcoming his absoprtion.

If you remember he was beginning to think in an inhuman way, and then the part of him that is human kicked in, trying to override what the power was doing to his conscious mind. I disagree. There are limits it seems to the amount of power he can absorb in and in this arc he was on the brink of not being able to maintain control. I think in this state it would be even easier for the Sentry to overload him.

Wild Shadow
@allankles

everyone here is slapping ur arguments down with instances and moments in comics.... bash

JakeTheBank
I don't see what Sun Dipped Superman can do to permenantly KO/Kill Sentry (though Sentry has been shown to be effected via physical force). By that token, I sure as hell don't see Voidtry "matter manipulating" Superman. He's done it once to Molecule Man, who outside of his powers, has shit durability (he's still just a man). You really can't say it's a sure thing he does it since he hasn't done so since and considering how whacked out he is now, if it were in character, he'd be wiping out people like that most of the time.

Like most of the threads he's in now, it all depends of how Bendis takes the character during Seige.

Allankles
Sentry has overloaded the absorbing man before and Superman was struggling with the power inside him to assert control. I guess you aren't even sure and then say it doesn't matter showing you don't care and you love Superman.

No, he was overwhelmed by the sheer power he took in. He wasn't changing or evolving. laughing out loud

Sometimes I think you're just a child. I was stating that it wouldn't matter whether Superman felt he was being overloaded with power, since he had even that power stabilized.

He was changing mentally, you're the one forgetting how his thought processes were changing, it's only when he remembered Lois that he overrode whatever impulses the power was giving him. I'd like to see the scan if anyone has it.

Enyalus
Sundipped Superman is vastly stronger, vastly more durable, and he's faster.

If he doesn't get the win, Voidtry certainly doesn't either.

Enyalus
He was changing mentally, you're the one forgetting how his thought processes were changing, it's only when he remembered Lois that he overrode whatever impulses the power was giving him. I'd like to see the scan if anyone has it.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_ActionComics782pg03.jpg

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't see what Sun Dipped Superman can do to permenantly KO/Kill Sentry (though Sentry has been shown to be effected via physical force). By that token, I sure as hell don't see Voidtry "matter manipulating" Superman. He's done it once to Molecule Man, who outside of his powers, has shit durability (he's still just a man). You really can't say it's a sure thing he does it since he hasn't done so since and considering how whacked out he is now, if it were in character, he'd be wiping out people like that most of the time.

Like most of the threads he's in now, it all depends of how Bendis takes the character during Seige.

Molecule man does not have human durability, hell he made that body of his, he's actually made of energy from the beyond realm like the other cubes. He went toe to toe with beyonder in a multidimensional battle, no human would survive that. And the fact that someone can overide his matter manipulation over himself is very impressive.

Again, if you read dark avengers you'll notice the sentry has a moment of clarity and figures out how he does what he does - his words not mine. He discovers his powers are and have always been matter maipulation/reality warping. We should wait for the end of siege to see the level they stabilize him at and how the void is handled, but right now I think there is enough evidence to affirm he can bring down these people

quanchi112
Sometimes I think you're just a child. I was stating that it wouldn't matter whether Superman felt he was being overloaded with power, since he had even that power stabilized.

He was changing mentally, you're the one forgetting how his thought processes were changing, it's only when he remembered Lois that he overrode whatever impulses the power was giving him. I'd like to see the scan if anyone has it. Says the guy who just says whatever in support of Superman.

Superman didn't kill in this story. That raises another point. How does he beat the Sentry here if he isn't willing to kill him?

JakeTheBank
Molecule Man has also been rocked by the multiversal punch of Dr. Donald Blake and has obviously been reduced in power since his peak days. Without his powers, his durability is that of a human.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
Sundipped Superman is vastly stronger, vastly more durable, and he's faster.

If he doesn't get the win, Voidtry certainly doesn't either. How doesn't Voidtry get the win?

Wild Shadow
even in a sundip fight i dont see how superman can put him down long enough to claim a win..

Sentry fought photon(genis vel) in the microverse bother were siphoning and spewing energy that was destroying the plateau they were fighting on and both were holding back so not to kill anyone..

Superman doesnt have any energy manipulation which i see as being his eventual downfall

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_ActionComics782pg03.jpg

Thank you. Now Quan where exactly is he being overpowered by the energy he is taking? Seems to me his mind was the one that was changing.

carver9
Thank you. Now Quan where exactly is he being overpowered by the energy he is taking? Seems to me his mind was the one that was changing.

I agree with this, it was a mental attack instead of physical but during the time that he was in the sun, I dont think that he could have stayed in there to long or he would have overloaded (and I'm basing this off of his statement while being in the sun.).

Allankles
I'm not sure he'd have been overloaded, simply because as the scan indicates once he transformed, vulnerability and pain meant nothing to him.

Omega Vision
I agree with this, it was a mental attack instead of physical but during the time that he was in the sun, I dont think that he could have stayed in there to long or he would have overloaded (and I'm basing this off of his statement while being in the sun.).
Most evidence points to Superman not having a limit as far as solar energy is concerned (excepting All-Star Superman but that's not mainstream canon).

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Most evidence points to Superman not having a limit as far as solar energy is concerned (excepting All-Star Superman but that's not mainstream canon).

Superman showed that he possess a limit... when he fought lobo a decade ago after his return after being killed he was absorbing too much solar energy and it was degenerating him... Professor Hamilton was trying to help him get rid of the excess energy through different technology. Superman was worried that the increasing power lvl would kill him as it also lowered his intelligence as it degenerated him. stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Superman showed that he possess a limit... when he fought lobo a decade again after his return after being killed he was absorbing too much solar energy and it was degenerating him... Professor Hamilton was trying to help him get rid of the excess energy through different technology. Superman was worried that the increasing power lvl would kill him as it also lowered his intelligence as it degenerated him. stick out tongue
I don't remember that. What are the circumstances? Sounds like PIS. If he can enter the Sun without overloading what was causing him to overload then?

Wild Shadow
I don't remember that. What are the circumstances? Sounds like PIS. If he can enter the Sun without overloading what was causing him to overload then?

i consider modern Superman and other titles as PIS and hold comics from 2001 and below in more regard then the ones we have now.

whistle

the Lobo superman fight that i referenced was a special cover which had thin rubber characters that could be stuck on the cover...arabia

Batman-Prime

He evolved, like he did during his Sundipp. He can stay in the sun for 11k years and it will evolve him even further.

Carver, low balling again. You are not impressed, you never are with Superman feats but that's an essential part of you, so meh.

quanchi112
Thank you. Now Quan where exactly is he being overpowered by the energy he is taking? Seems to me his mind was the one that was changing. I think he was struggling mentally as well as physically to maintain the power he took in and to think clearly.

carver9
He evolved, like he did during his Sundipp. He can stay in the sun for 11k years and it will evolve him even further.

Carver, low balling again. You are not impressed, you never are with Superman feats but that's an essential part of you, so meh.

I'm not low balling. I asked you a question, I didnt down his feat. I specifically asked you what made Sundip Superman as powerful as you say that he is.

Just like you asked me...... What proof do you have that the planet Gladiator crushed was the size of earth...... I provide proof and examples. You questioned my examples but I defended myself.

Enyalus
Off the top of my head, Man of Steel #30-34. And in the Adventures of Superman during the same period, as well.

Batman-Prime
I'm not low balling. I asked you a question, I didnt down his feat. I specifically asked you what made Sundip Superman as powerful as you say that he is.

Just like you asked me...... What proof do you have that the planet Gladiator crushed was the size of earth...... I provide proof and examples. You questioned my examples but I defended myself.

I answered you question and you kept on low balling.

As for the Glads planet. You defended nothing, just asked me kindly not to low ball your char, so i stopped. Something you should learn some day, it would surely improve your posts.

carver9
I answered you question and you kept on low balling.

As for the Glads planet. You defended nothing, just asked me kindly not to low ball your char, so i stopped. Something you should learn some day, it would surely improve your posts.

No, you didnt stop in the beginning. When you kept going, THATS when I kindly asked you to stop.

Can you please answer my post so that we can get off of the topic.

Its not low balling, I just want to know what gave you that opinion.

Batman-Prime
No, you didnt stop in the beginning. When you kept going, THATS when I kindly asked you to stop.

Can you please answer my post so that we can get off of the topic.

Its not low balling, I just want to know what gave you that opinion.

So go back to my posts and read them again. smile

carver9
So go back to my posts and read them again. smile

I give up.

You didnt help me at all. sad

Batman-Prime
I give up.

You didnt help me at all. sad

Because i don't have the necessary license...

manx422
Superman

the ninjak
Current Sentry/Void Stalemate
He is still evolving at a rapid rate!

Allankles
I think he was struggling mentally as well as physically to maintain the power he took in and to think clearly.

I think it was more a case of becoming one with the power. He overrode all the mental blocks that were keeping from assimilating the power.

In fact it was the reverse of being overloaded, he was actually holding back the power initially (which was hurting him). Then we see him let go. No Father. No Lois. No Pain. No heart. Just power. We see him realize the power is all he needs to focus on.

It was a question of focus, he was initially focusing on everything but the power, once he put the power in perspective all was peachy and he completed the transformation.

Allankles

I actually didn't even have this in mind.

quanchi112
I think it was more a case of becoming one with the power. He overrode all the mental blocks that were keeping from assimilating the power.

In fact it was the reverse of being overloaded, he was actually holding back the power initially (which was hurting him). Then we see him let go. No Father. No Lois. No Pain. No heart. Just power. We see him realize the power is all he needs to focus on.

It was a question of focus, he was initially focusing on everything but the power, once he put the power in perspective all was peachy and he completed the transformation. Yes, because he was struggling with all the power and the emotions of what he'd been through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.