Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Thor goes berserk and is ready to drop anyone that comes his way. Who will stop him.

Gauntlet....

1. Wonder Woman
2. Superman
3. Beta Ray bill
4. Silver Surfer
5. Wonder Woman AND Superman (2nd time, refreshed, no lasso)
6. Beta Ray Bill AND Silver Surfer (2nd time, refreshed)
7. HP Doomsday
8. Gladiator/Hyperion/Power Girl
9. Thanos
10. Odin himself

Thor is refreshed after every battle. He's at 100%.

Enyalus
He gets stopped at #5 because Superman distracts him while Wonder Woman lassos him. Barring the lasso, he can get to #9.

JakeTheBank
Needless to say, Thor is going to freakin' wreck people. I'd say the lasso at #5 is probably the best shot anyone has of subduing him quickly, short of overpowering him (Thanos + Odin). Outside of that - and I think it would be dicey myself - he gets to Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the latter than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
He gets stopped at #5 because Superman distracts him while Wonder Woman lassos him. Barring the lasso, he can get to #9.

I hate the lasso so I took it out.

Doesnt make fights interesting.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Needless to say, Thor is going to freakin' wreck people. I'd say the lasso at #5 is probably the best shot anyone has of subduing him quickly, short of overpowering him (Thanos + Odin). Outside of that - and I think it would be dicey myself - he gets to Thanos.

The lasso is no longer there.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the former than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.

Its the legit warrior madness thor and a lot of people is going to disagree with you on this but I'm the one to say, I agree.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
The lasso is no longer there.

Well, Thor shitstomps for the most part.

Enyalus
Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the former than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.
Nah, Blood and Thunder Thor minus the Power Gem still loses to Thanos. Best he could do was stalemate him with the Gem's help.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah, Blood and Thunder Thor minus the Power Gem still loses to Thanos. Best he could do was stalemate him with the Gem's help.

**** me. I meant the latter. ****ing heat cold. Living in Canada during winter ****ing sucks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There is no way on god's green Earth that Thanos is overpowering Thor, at all or even coming close here Jake. Not in the opinion of anyone whose ever read Thor's encounters with him (Assuming it's the true Warrior Madness incident.).

Thor stalemated him briefly in their earlier encounter. Even Masterson Thor has downed Thanos with a single hammer throw, was forcing him back with his punches, beaten him down to his knees and had him at his mercy.

Even in the Power Gem instance in Blood and Thunder, it was clearly stated that Thor would give Thanos a good fight, any other day or something along those lines.

Thanos is maybe 50% stronger than Thor. No more. I never understood why people have this notion that Thanos has owned Thor in their encounters physically. Never understood it at all. That's the Hulk and Drax.

The one instance might be the dog piling incident, and if I'm thinking of the correct one, Thor might have just been standing there in that one.

Starscream M
Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the latter than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself. thor doesn't get any speed or reaction boosts in warrior madness, so superman's speed is still just as viable a advantage as ever

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
thor doesn't get any speed or reaction boosts in warrior madness, so superman's speed is still just as viable a advantage as ever

Unless Superman is not in his normal mindset, chances are he first tries and slug it out. Biggest mistake off his life.

In the 4th fight, he is more than likely to use it as it is a second fight. But to what end? With Thor's reaction times, and omni directional attacks which he is more likely to use instead of simply direct energy blasts in this mindset in my opinion makes it useless.

Enyalus
Rage, correct me if I'm wrong, but even in true Warriors Madness he had trouble putting down HIM physically.

We can all agree that HIM is beneath Thanos in pretty much every way that matters in a fight, yes?

Harbinger
6 or 9.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Thor goes berserk and is ready to drop anyone that comes his way. Who will stop him.

Gauntlet....

1. Wonder Woman
2. Superman
3. Beta Ray bill
4. Silver Surfer
5. Wonder Woman AND Superman (2nd time, refreshed, no lasso)
6. Beta Ray Bill AND Silver Surfer (2nd time, refreshed)
7. HP Doomsday
8. Gladiator/Hyperion/Power Girl
9. Thanos
10. Odin himself

Thor is refreshed after every battle. He's at 100%.

This list is ass backwards. Superman and WW are far tougher foes than BRB and Thanos.

Thor loses to 1. everytime. If you put Superman at 1. then Thor still loses to 1. everytime.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
This list is ass backwards. Superman and WW are far tougher foes than BRB and Thanos.

Thor loses to 1. everytime. If you put Superman at 1. then Thor still loses to 1. everytime.

The funny thing is you're probably dead serious.

dmills
What's the difference between "true" WM Thor and the blood and thunder version? I wasn't aware there was one.

Harbinger

Thor loses to 1. everytime. If you put Superman at 1. then Thor still loses to 1. everytime. http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3d/Whatnigra.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage, correct me if I'm wrong, but even in true Warriors Madness he had trouble putting down HIM physically.

We can all agree that HIM is beneath Thanos in pretty much every way that matters in a fight, yes?

Yea, Thor was in true Warrior Madness during that fight after the big reveal. He beat the utter shit out of him and had won in the fist fight after like 3 punches only but yea, it took way too long to put him down. Even a page or two is too long.

I don't think he has any showings of strength besides his original fight with Thor. It's been a long time since I've read those books and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't HIM revamped into Adam Warlock in Marvel's Premiere #1 right after his fight with Thor?

One major thing to take into account was back then, Warrior Madness was simply Thor going berserk as I understood it at least. It wasn't until Thor #502 in 1996 where the Berserker's Rage (It was referred to as that and not the Warrior's Madness.) was actually stated to amp Thor's strength nearly that much. I don't recall any other instance other than Bill's Thor draws strength from the Madness statement to indicate any amp at all.

Even in Blood and Thunder, when Sif thought Thor was under Warrior Madness, she specifically told Zeus, it was a malady of the mind.

This also justifies why Thor has stated things such as Zeus went into a Berserker's Rage when he attacked the Avenger's. The arc Zeus was crazy with blood lust and revenge for what he thought was the beating of Hercules as a result of the Avengers.

In their first fight, it isn't really fair to Thor to state that he was amped 10x as it wasn't until much later on that it was even suggested that Warrior Madness gave any sort of amp and it wasn't until years after that it stated that there was a 10x increase (Unless I've not come across or forgotten an instance.).

You could choose to ignore it, but that's something I believe is a big factor to consider.

h1a8
Thor loses to 1. change the order on the list.

WW combos him to ko. If Thor is lucky then he gets to attack once. Diana will block/evade and then counter with a combo and simply ko him.

Enyalus
Yea, Thor was in true Warrior Madness during that fight after the big reveal. He beat the utter shit out of him and had won in the fist fight after like 3 punches only but yea, it took way too long to put him down. Even a page or two is too long.

I don't think he has any showings of strength besides his original fight with Thor. It's been a long time since I've read those books and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't HIM revamped into Adam Warlock in Marvel's Premiere #1 right after his fight with Thor?

One major thing to take into account was back then, Warrior Madness was simply Thor going berserk as I understood it at least. It wasn't until Thor #502 in 1996 where the Berserker's Rage (It was referred to as that and not the Warrior's Madness.) was actually stated to amp Thor's strength nearly that much. I don't recall any other instance other than Bill's Thor draws strength from the Madness statement to indicate any amp at all.

Even in Blood and Thunder, when Sif thought Thor was under Warrior Madness, she specifically told Zeus, it was a malady of the mind.
So, I understood everything you just said and agree with it...except whatever point you were trying to make, lol. What was the argument behind what you just said?

psycho gundam
thor's like 50 times stronger than her

Rage.Of.Olympus
So, I understood everything you just said and agree with it...except whatever point you were trying to make, lol. What was the argument behind what you just said?

embarrasment

Hmm, it seems I accidentally erased the mini paragraph before the last sentence. That's what I get for being so damn long winded at times.

Anyways to sum it up:

In their first fight, it isn't really fair to Thor to state that he was amped 10x as it wasn't until much later on that it was even suggested that Warrior Madness gave any sort of amp and it wasn't until years after that it stated that there was a 10x increase (Unless I've not come across or forgotten an instance.).

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor's like 50 times stronger than her I can argue featwise that he isn't.

For the sake of argument let's assume he is 50 times stronger. How does this make a difference when he will never touch her? He may not even get a chance to act.

CA, Spider-man, etc. have beat beings more than 50 times stronger than them.

psycho gundam
I can argue featwise that he isn't.

For the sake of argument let's assume he is 50 times stronger. How does this make a difference when he will never touch her? He may not even get a chance to act.

CA, Spider-man, etc. have beat beings more than 50 times stronger than them. pulling a 3rd (benifit of the doubt) of a planet with all her might?

try not to use that gem.

CA, Spider-man, etc. have beat beings more than 50 times stronger than them. you forgot to mention batman

h1a8
pulling a 3rd (benifit of the doubt) of a planet with all her might?

try not to use that gem.

Not just pulling the planet but with enough acceleration that equates to her alone exerting the force of the weight of the entire Earth. And this is assuming she is 100 times weaker. Assuming she was pulling with 1/3 of the force (or 3 times weaker) equates to over 50 Earth weights of force.

JakeTheBank
Thor loses to 1. change the order on the list.

WW combos him to ko. If Thor is lucky then he gets to attack once. Diana will block/evade and then counter with a combo and simply ko him.

How can you possibly believe the crap you're spewing?

Seriously, nearly every time you come into a thread, you basically spout things that either label you as ignorant to all parties involved at best, or a raving fanboy at worst. The simple fact that you basically dismiss any feat or showing that doesn't support you as PIS or the whole "high showings only, so it doesn't count" further drive this point home. I don't think any objective comic fan who has actually READ Thor comics as well as Superman (and in this case, Wonder Woman) can accurately claim that either beat him every single time, let alone Warrior Madness Thor. Hell, I'll be the first to admit Thor's, bar none, my favorite Marvel hero with Diana being my favorite DC Heroine, but your deliberate skewing of their powers and abilities is beyond outrageous.

Hardly anyone ever agrees or can see where the hell your psycho babble is coming from, and I think, for the most part, this forum has some pretty open minded people. I mean, your whole "combo to ko" stance has become a running joke here, and for obvious reasons. I for one do understand the difference between comic and forum battles, but the disparity between the two in your eyes is extremely excessive. I mean, you've claimed Superman pretty much shit stomps Thor 10/10 when it's obvious to writers and fans alike that an encounter between the two would be one of the closest ever, comic or forum. Taking into account EVERYTHING each character brings to the table, I can't see how a sane person can argue even half of the rigid and often baseless stances you make.

psycho gundam
weight isn't the appropriate unit of measure here lol?

there are too many unknowns to even think that's the case....

kinda puts the jormangand feat into perspective though, that gl chain wasn't even resisting.

the ninjak

Seriously, nearly every time you come into a thread, you basically spout things that either label you as ignorant to all parties involved at best, or a raving fanboy at worst. The simple fact that you basically dismiss any feat or showing that doesn't support you as PIS or the whole "high showings only, so it doesn't count" further drive this point home. I don't think any objective comic fan who has actually READ Thor comics as well as Superman (and in this case, Wonder Woman) can accurately claim that either beat him every single time, let alone Warrior Madness Thor. Hell, I'll be the first to admit Thor's, bar none, my favorite Marvel hero with Diana being my favorite DC Heroine, but your deliberate skewing of their powers and abilities is beyond outrageous.

Hardly anyone ever agrees or can see where the hell your psycho babble is coming from, and I think, for the most part, this forum has some pretty open minded people. I mean, your whole "combo to ko" stance has become a running joke here, and for obvious reasons. I for one do understand the difference between comic and forum battles, but the disparity between the two in your eyes is extremely excessive. I mean, you've claimed Superman pretty much shit stomps Thor 10/10 when it's obvious to writers and fans alike that an encounter between the two would be one of the closest ever, comic or forum. Taking into account EVERYTHING each character brings to the table, I can't see how a sane person can argue even half of the rigid and often baseless stances you make.

thumb up I apologised once for stating he was a rabid fanboy. And he lost the plot bigtime! I revoke it now.

h1a8

I'm not a follower. I don't care who says what. If something goes against common sense and logic then I don't accept it. I don't care if the great Albert Einstein spews it.

I go by logic only, comic fights second. Diana is not only capable of having faster than light reflexes but she can move at flash like speeds and have unequaled skill. She can simply counter the first Thor attack with a hit, then chaining that hit with others to form a combo until Thor is koed.

If we are arguing how would this fight go in a comic then WM Thor would win everytime and Thor vs. Superman would indeed be a close fight.

Forum fights takes most of the nonsense and inconsistency out of actual comic fights, or comic logic. Spider-man dodging bullets after they are fired and detecting attacks before they are launched contradicts him getting hit by slower moving enemies. Arguing with contradictions will lead to nowhere and is a total waste of time.

psycho gundam
k now i'm starting to miss llagrok no expression

h1a8
weight isn't the appropriate unit of measure here lol?

there are too many unknowns to even think that's the case....

kinda puts the jormangand feat into perspective though, that gl chain wasn't even resisting.
You insult my intelligence by assuming I made an error in math or science. I make errors in comics yes, but errors in science and math, no.

You don't understand. Imagine lifting something, while standing on Earth, that weighed the actually weight of an Earth. You would be lifting about 6.6E21 tons of force.

Net Force = Mass times Acceleration

Pulling 1/100 of the Earth's mass with enough acceleration and one will be exerting a force greater than that of the Earth's weight on another Earth.

It is not what you are pulling, but what you are pulling and how fast you are pulling it that determines the force.

With that said, Diana exerted enough force that equals the weight of the Earth (6.6E21 tons).

I can post the calculations if you like.

JakeTheBank
I'm not a follower. I don't care who says what. If something goes against common sense and logic then I don't accept it. I don't care if the great Albert Einstein spews it.

I go by logic only, comic fights second. Diana is not only capable of having faster than light reflexes but she can move at flash like speeds and have unequaled skill. She can simply counter the first Thor attack with a hit, then chaining that hit with others to form a combo until Thor is koed.

If we are arguing how would this fight go in a comic then WM Thor would win everytime and Thor vs. Superman would indeed be a close fight.

Forum fights takes most of the nonsense and inconsistency out of actual comic fights, or comic logic. Spider-man dodging bullets after they are fired and detecting attacks before they are launched contradicts him getting hit by slower moving enemies. Arguing with contradictions will lead to nowhere and is a total waste of time.

And this is where you're wrong.

You can't bring real world logic into forum fights. You just can't. Regardless of the scenario/stipulations, these are all COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS and unless otherwise stated FIGHTING IN CHARACTER WITHOUT PLOT MANIPULATION.

I don't know how further to break it down to you. If we use "real logic", where does it end? Where you want it to? Even with "real logic", when does a consecutive chain of strikes equal = auto win? ESPECIALLY when dealing with people with high end reflexes, durability, and god damn superpowers to back them up? You can't assume that, if WW and Thor were real (I mean seriously, WTF?) and if they were to fight in the real world under real world logic than _______ would win 10/10.

Real world logic has no place here, and trying to make it so only makes even debating about comic characters is a farce in of itself. The fact you assume that a combo is the end-all of fights is beyond ridiculous.

-We use optimal levels of characters (unless a specific version is stated).
-Characters fight in character (unless otherwise stated).
-We bar PIS (unless otherwise stated).
-We sure as hell don't try to cram in actual science and critical logic for fictional characters that make them their tricks. We use the logic that makes the characters even remotely feasible, which is comic-pseudo logic.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, I don't see how to better explain this.

psycho gundam
I can post the calculations if you like. sure you want to do that?

you're already wrong as it is, now you'll prove your foolishness with calculations.

h1a8
And this is where you're wrong.

You can't bring real world logic into forum fights. You just can't. Regardless of the scenario/stipulations, these are all COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS and unless otherwise stated FIGHTING IN CHARACTER WITHOUT PLOT MANIPULATION.

I don't know how further to break it down to you. If we use "real logic", where does it end? Where you want it to? Even with "real logic", when does a consecutive chain of strikes equal = auto win? ESPECIALLY when dealing with people with high end reflexes, durability, and god damn superpowers to back them up? You can't assume that, if WW and Thor were real (I mean seriously, WTF?) and if they were to fight in the real world under real world logic than _______ would win 10/10.

Real world logic has no place here, and trying to make it so only makes even debating about comic characters is a farce in of itself. The fact you assume that a combo is the end-all of fights is beyond ridiculous.

-We use optimal levels of characters (unless a specific version is stated).
-Characters fight in character (unless otherwise stated).
-We bar PIS (unless otherwise stated).
-We sure as hell don't try to cram in actual science and critical logic for fictional characters that make them their tricks. We use the logic that makes the characters even remotely feasible, which is comic-pseudo logic.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, I don't see how to better explain this. Of course we must bring up real world logic in forum fights. Otherwise, Spider-man is far stronger than the Hulk. This is because real world logic suggests that Hulk is stronger than Spidey. Disregarding real world logic and everything is fair game; including that Aunt May will stomp Eternity and LT combined.

Comics are built off of real world logic the same as handbooks are built on comics. Handbooks indeed have errors (things not consistent with the comics) and well as comics have errors (things not consistent with real world logic). Should we throw all comic talk away just because some of it have errors in logic? Should we throw away all handbook talk because a few parts have errors in it?

JakeTheBank
Of course we must bring up real world logic in forum fights. Otherwise, Spider-man is far stronger than the Hulk. This is because real world logic suggests that Hulk is stronger than Spidey. Disregarding real world logic and everything is fair game; including that Aunt May will stomp Eternity and LT combined.

Comics are built off of real world logic the same as handbooks are built on comics. Handbooks indeed have errors (things not consistent with the comics) and well as comics have errors (things not consistent with real world logic). Should we throw all comic talk away just because some of it have errors in logic? Should we throw away all handbook talk because a few parts have errors in it?

What?

Comic book logic says "Hulk is obviously stronger than Spider-Man based off of feats, showings, and what we're consistantly shown in comics." Real world logic says "Bruce Banner would have died upon being caught at a ground zero gamma bomb explosion" and "Provided a spider actually survived being exposed to such high levels of radiation and had time to bite Peter Parker, Peter would have either gotten deathly ill or died".

Comic book logic is loose (at times, very loose) "real world logic" deconstructed and modified for these characters to exist, let alone continue to do so.

So that argument is pretty irrelevant.

h1a8
sure you want to do that?

you're already wrong as it is, now you'll prove your foolishness with calculations. Wonder Woman's towing feat

Here I use:
1. F=ma
2. The underestimation of most figures. That means that since I underestimate the entire feat the true feat was done with more power.

Now the Earth weighs about 5.9736E24 kg (6.58E21 tons) against its own gravity. So lifting the Earth against Earth's gravity is equivalent to accelerating a 6.58E21 ton object in space at 9.8m/s^2 in the absence of any outside gravity (like the Sun). Now accelerating this mass even faster is equivalent to lifting a heavier object (since F=ma).

But 9.8m/s^2 isn't even noticable after a few minutes. So let's assume the three accelerated Earth at a very small 1 mi per s^2. So this is equivalent to lifting a 1.08E24 ton object against Earth's gravity.

Let's assume that WW was pulling with 1/164th of the combined force (Many would disagree here and say that WW is much closer to the other two in strength than this). This means that she was alone pulling with a force that equals the weight of the entire Earth. That means this feat shows that he is capable of at least lifting 6.58E21 tons.

Adding in pulling against the Sun's gravity/centripetal force, assuming she is closer in strength to other other two, and averaging the previous underestimate with a small overestimate makes her able to lift astronomical amounts of weight. She is strong indeed.

Enyalus
lol, alright...I don't see how you resolve the discrepancy in the fights Thor previously fought and the outright humiliation he laid down on the IW and Surfer unless you acknowledge that his strength was amped.

But hey, for argument's sake, let's say I'm generous, and agree that Thor's strength in B&T and in Warrior's Madness is the same as Classic Thor's. And then add in the x10 strength afterwards for the, shall we say, #502 retcon. I certainly won't be able to argue that Thanos is 10 times stronger than Classic Thor. Wouldn't even dream of it. But I still wouldn't say that this new WM Thor would stomp over Thanos, when not even his father could stomp over Thanos. Sure, he'd have the edge in strength. About 6-7 times over, IMO...And yes, most of Thanos' blasts would be useless. But the 10x strength amp doesn't say anything about 10x durability amp. Thor would take the hits. And so would Thanos. And while I know that Thor's will power is off the charts, so is Thanos' durability. Not to mention Thanos' shielding (tech and energy) and his telepathic abilities. I'd give the new WM Thor about a split...possibly a slim majority.

'Bout it.

manx422
stops at 1

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder Woman and the others were trying to pull the Earth back into orbit as I recall.

In an arm wrestling contest, Thor and Hercules were exerting enough force to push/knock the world out of orbit. And it was not even their intent.

On top of everything there were three of them and Kyle Rayner was stabilizing the planet which we have no idea how affected that feat.

/discussion

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by manx422
stops at 1

In your opinion, what's the bare minimum Thor needs in order to beat Wonder Woman (or Superman for that matter)? It can be a specific kind of amp, a specific version of Thor, specific circumstances/battlefield conditions, etc.

psycho gundam
where do i find the strength...

Enyalus
Wonder Woman's towing feat

Here I use:
1. F=ma
2. The underestimation of most figures. That means that since I underestimate the entire feat the true feat was done with more power.

Now the Earth weighs about 5.9736E24 kg (6.58E21 tons) against its own gravity. So lifting the Earth against Earth's gravity is equivalent to accelerating a 6.58E21 ton object in space at 9.8m/s^2 in the absence of any outside gravity (like the Sun). Now accelerating this mass even faster is equivalent to lifting a heavier object (since F=ma).

But 9.8m/s^2 isn't even noticable after a few minutes. So let's assume the three accelerated Earth at a very small 1 mi per s^2. So this is equivalent to lifting a 1.08E24 ton object against Earth's gravity.

Let's assume that WW was pulling with 1/164th of the combined force (Many would disagree here and say that WW is much closer to the other two in strength than this). This means that she was alone pulling with a force that equals the weight of the entire Earth. That means this feat shows that he is capable of at least lifting 6.58E21 tons.

Adding in pulling against the Sun's gravity/centripetal force, assuming she is closer in strength to other other two, and averaging the previous underestimate with a small overestimate makes her able to lift astronomical amounts of weight. She is strong indeed.

Uh, H1? When they moved the Earth, it was to move it back into place, because it had been knocked out of its orbit. So the whole ' the Earth weighs about 5.9736E24 kg (6.58E21 tons) against its own gravity' part, would be misleading and not correct.

EDIT: Damnit, Rage said it first.

h1a8
What?

Comic book logic says "Hulk is obviously stronger than Spider-Man based off of feats, showings, and what we're consistantly shown in comics." No, real world logic says this. Lifting a tank proves one can lift more than 50tons. This is real world logic. This is not logic but speculation of science. Logic is complete and unerring, science isn't. There is a difference between logically impossible and factually impossible. Creating square circles is logically impossible, but gaining Super powers because of the bite of a spider or dose of radiation isn't. Those things are may not even be factual impossible. God, if he exists, can allow such things to happen. But God, no matter how powerful, can't force something that is logically impossible to exist. This is philosophy 101. Again logic and science are two different things. I don't argue against comic science (which includes magic and other stuff), I argue against the logic. Hulk having feats showing he is stronger than Spider-man makes it ILLOGICAL that Spider-man is stronger than Hulk. The same way Spider-man detecting attacks before they are launched and dodging bullets after they are fired makes it ILLOGICAL that he is hit by slower moving enemies.

This has nothing to do with science, but pure logic.

h1a8
In your opinion, what's the bare minimum Thor needs in order to beat Wonder Woman (or Superman for that matter)? It can be a specific kind of amp, a specific version of Thor, specific circumstances/battlefield conditions, etc.

If he has her speed or 70% of her speed with her skill then he can win the majority. Speed is the number 1 key then comes skill then comes strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus

You'd think that you of all people would be use to coming in second to me.

cool

Enyalus
You'd think that you of all people would be use to coming in second to me.

cool
Bastard.

lol

EDIT: DOesn't ODG have scans of Thor moving at 'the speed of lightning' in the respect thread?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bastard.

lol

EDIT: DOesn't ODG have scans of Thor moving at 'the speed of lightning' in the respect thread?

stick out tongue

Which instance? The Hela one or the Adam Warlock one?

I know all of Thor's speed feats. If you're looking for those, I can list plenty. And post scans if need be.

We don't need ODG and his stupid respect thread....

sadwalk

h1a8
Uh, H1? When they moved the Earth, it was to move it back into place, because it had been knocked out of its orbit. So the whole ' the Earth weighs about 5.9736E24 kg (6.58E21 tons) against its own gravity' part, would be misleading and not correct.

No, if you accelerate an 9.8kg object at 5.973E24 meters per second^2 then you would have exerted a force that is equivalent of lifting a rock on Earth that weighs the amount of Earth itself.

If you move and accelerate the Earth (5.973E24kg) only 1.641E-24 meters per second^2 then this is equivalent to lifting a 9.8kg (about 20lb) rock on Earth.

Also the rocking the Earth out of orbit feat used far less acceleration since both Thor and Herc were struggling for a long time before it happened. The planet barely moved out of orbit (rocked) and not was dragged through space at a great acceleration (like the towing feat).

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, if you accelerate an 9.8kg object at 5.973E24 meters per second^2 then you would have exerted a force that is equivalent of lifting a rock on Earth that weighs the amount of Earth itself.

If you move and accelerate the Earth (5.973E24kg) only 1.641E-24 meters per second^2 then this is equivalent to lifting a 9.8kg (about 20lb) rock on Earth.

Also the rocking the Earth out of orbit feat used far less acceleration since both Thor and Herc were struggling for a long time before it happened. The planet barely moved out of orbit (rocked) and not was dragged through space at a great acceleration (like the towing feat).

They were locked in an arm wrestling for minutes tops from what I remember from the panels. What makes you think it was a long time? It stated that they were generating enough pressure to knock the planet out of orbit.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ArmWrestling4.jpg

One day, I'm going to bust out my calculator and start doing calculations as well. I'd make it my mission at home to mathematically prove you're an idiot, if i didn't have it as a rule to keep school shit at school after I started grade 12. But just so we're clear.

Me > You

That's math.

Enyalus

To be completely honest, I didn't understand that. Maybe it's because its 3:30 AM here. I dunno. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, because the other calculations you've shown me have seemed solid. Onto this second part...

That's not entirely the point. How much force would it take to knock a planet out of orbit? The pressures they were generating were enormous. I have no idea what that number would be, but I'm betting its large. And you can go ahead and half it (because it was done by two people who were dead-equal), but keep in mind they were using only one arm to do so. So, whatever that force generated number is, that's the amount of force Hercules and Thor can generate with one arm. With a punch, that's what they can do. It's impressive however you slice it. Moreso than a 'pulling' feat, which uses other muscles in the body besides your arms and so is irrelevant when you're punching someone.

(Yeah, I know you use your legs and hips when punching someone, don't bother pointing this out. You get what I mean.)

JakeTheBank
Not to mention Thor's striking power, with Mjolnir, while in Warrior Madness, is undeniably off the charts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Has there been evidence that something else is in play other than strength for Wonder Woman when flying? I know there is for Superman.

Enyalus
Not to mention Thor's striking power, with Mjolnir, while in Warrior Madness, is undeniably off the charts.
He destroyed a planet, so, yep.

Might've been a planetoid...you know how they draw planets a lot smaller than what they actually are.

Placidity

If Thor had the generic DC-level speeds, he would decimate most of their top tiers, the thing is he doesn't even though most Thor supporters says he does. The feats required just aren't there to back it up. I've said this before, Thor may have one or two TRUE feats in his entire history to support he can deal with that level of speed, and in my view of comic characters , thats not enough. If people want Thor to qualify as having combat speed/reaction comparable to Superman, then he needs to have consistent feats.

Now this brings me to another side issue of Hulk. Hulk, I think we all agree is a freaking snail. Yet he manages to hit Thor no problem, you could even say they are fighting at the same speeds since they seem to trade blows evenly. Now because I respect Thor, I've always thought Thor losing to Hulk is complete PIS. Even in a slugfest Thor should take him no problem at all. People need to understand Hulk is one of Marvel's most popular characters, and I'm not surprised at all that he beats people he should have no business fighting.

So I'm actually killing two birds with one stone here. Here is the choice Thor supporters need to make, either:

1. Thor struggling with Hulk even in a slugfest is complete PIS. In a KMC Comic Vs debate, he would completely dominate him.

Outcomes:

You can contend (even though I completely disagree) that Thor has the speed required to deal with the likes of Superman.

You agree that even in physical stats, Hulk is not in the same league as Superman,Thor etc.

Or

2. Thor struggling with Hulk even in a slugfest is NOT PIS. If you take this stance, you are really confirming Thor does not have the speed required to touch any low-level speedster let alone someone like Superman.

Outcomes:

You cannot contend that Thor has the speed required to deal with the likes of Superman.

You agree that even in physical stats, Hulk has comparable strength with the likes of Thor, Superman etc.

Make the choice people. I'm sick of this double-dipping, saying Thor is in Superman's league, while when supporting Hulk, reference him being able to take on Thor. Which is it?

manx422
In your opinion, what's the bare minimum Thor needs in order to beat Wonder Woman (or Superman for that matter)? It can be a specific kind of amp, a specific version of Thor, specific circumstances/battlefield conditions, etc. regular thor would beat ww
wm thor is more likely to fight like a dumb hulk

h1a8
They were locked in an arm wrestling for minutes tops from what I remember from the panels. What makes you think it was a long time? It stated that they were generating enough pressure to knock the planet out of orbit.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ArmWrestling4.jpg

One day, I'm going to bust out my calculator and start doing calculations as well. I'd make it my mission at home to mathematically prove you're an idiot, if i didn't have it as a rule to keep school shit at school after I started grade 12. But just so we're clear.

Me > You

That's math.

LOL laughing

I like you more now, you made me laugh.

Okay 10 minutes to barely knock the Earth out of orbit is still below the force of the weight of the Earth itself (still below 9.8m/s^2). They need to knock it out of orbit much faster to show they exerted the force comparable to the weight of the Earth.

You want to know an interesting yet true fact verified by many physicists?

If everyone in China stood on chairs and all jump off and landed on Earth then they would knock the Earth out of orbit. Calculate the force it takes to do that (assuming China has 1.3 billion people).

Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL laughing

I like you more now, you made me laugh.

Okay 10 minutes to barely knock the Earth out of orbit is still below the force of the weight of the Earth itself (still below 9.8m/s^2). They need to knock it out of orbit much faster to show they exerted the force comparable to the weight of the Earth.

You want to know an interesting yet true fact verified by many physicists?

If everyone in China stood on chairs and all jump off and landed on Earth then they would knock the Earth out of orbit. Calculate the force it takes to do that (assuming China has 1.3 billion people).

eek!

You like me? You really, really like me? Well then, now, now I can die in peace.....

There entire arm wrestling thing lasted for about 4 pages. I'm pretty sure. The planet moving feat lasted for about what, 2?

Where did you get barely from? I posted the scan, and nowhere did it say that they barely generated the force to knock the planet out of orbit.

And where did it say that it took all that time to reach the force necessary to knock the planet out of orbit. It clearly stated they "WERE" generating enough force to knock the planet out of orbit. Which either means two things:

1) They were generating enough force to knock the planet out of orbit earlier, and stopped.

2) They were generating enough force to knock the planet out of orbit throughout the fight. How early? Unknown but earlier than I'm assuming the scene you are referring to.

I assume 2. Especially since the narrator's played up on their stamina, mentioning that they could go on for hours, days, weeks, decades, centuries.

The fact that they locked a single arm each, and were literally generating enough of that force, by literally grappling each other, makes that really impressive.

Nice fact.

New Development:

I was looking at the feat in question. During that feat, Superman clearly stated that they were losing it , indicating that they were failing and asked in believe how it was possible. Instantly later, Kyle Rayner appears telling them that he stabilized the Earth.

Hmmm.....does that indicate that maybe.....there's a lot more of Kyle involved in this feat than we first took into account?

Enyalus
I was looking at the feat in question. During that feat, Superman clearly stated that they were losing it , indicating that they were failing and asked in believe how it was possible. Instantly later, Kyle Rayner appears telling them that he stabilized the Earth.

Hmmm.....does that indicate that maybe.....there's a lot more of Kyle involved in this feat than we first took into account?
Duh. Mindset could've told you that.

Kyle's strength > Superman + Wonder Woman's.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_earthfail.jpg

I didn't re-read the whole issue, so there could be other developments but I doubt it.

Duh. Mindset could've told you that.

Kyle's strength > Superman + Wonder Woman's.

Thanks tipz! eek!

And for the record, Thor would make Majestros, his bottom *****.

biscuit

Blanket
Read first page. Read last page. Am missing two pages. Somebody explain to me how someone who had trouble with HIM, and couldn't beat Hulk is going to destroy Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Blanket
Read first page. Read last page. Am missing two pages. Somebody explain to me how someone who had trouble with HIM, and couldn't beat Hulk is going to destroy Thanos.

You should really read those two pages. Covers a lot.

But yea, a Warrior Madness Thor, would utterly annihilate Thanos in a brawl, if we consider that it amps his strength 10 times, and Thor's encounters with Thanos.

Thanos is about 50% stronger than Thor at best in my opinion. Thor's done too well against him in physical conflict for it to be much higher than that. The Power Gem incident makes it that high, but even in that scene, it was stated that Thor would give Thanos a good fight any other day.

Even someone like Kurse, whose supposed to be 3x as strong as Thor if not more, Thor has stalemated in a contest of strength.

Blanket
You should really read those two pages. Covers a lot.

But yea, a Warrior Madness Thor, would utterly annihilate Thanos in a brawl, if we consider that it amps his strength 10 times, and Thor's encounters with Thanos.

Thanos is about 50% stronger than Thor at best in my opinion. Thor's done too well against him in physical conflict for it to be much higher than that. The Power Gem incident makes it that high, but even in that scene, it was stated that Thor would give Thanos a good fight any other day.

Even someone like Kurse, whose supposed to be 3x as strong as Thor if not more, Thor has stalemated in a contest of strength. NO

Amps his strength 10 times more. So, using a Thor who's never been seen, I guess? Or who has been seen, but we can't attribute the upgrade to him because he should have done more than what he did?
Other showings? I suppose you're hinting at the IG thing here, when Cyke was able to somewhat stalemate his beams...
Or when Thing/Thor held off a weaker Thanos and then were taken out...

So, you factor in random off hand statement, but then PG WM Thor is... factored out? Forgive me if I misunderstand.

I don't recall this instance of the two stalemating in a contest of strength, but if it's like I think, then I'm sure the Thanos/Tyrant example is relevant.

Enyalus
And for the record, Thor would make Majestros, his bottom *****.

biscuit
And you were doing so well. no

Rage.Of.Olympus
NO

Amps his strength 10 times more. So, using a Thor who's never been seen, I guess? Or who has been seen, but we can't attribute the upgrade to him because he should have done more than what he did?
Other showings? I suppose you're hinting at the IG thing here, when Cyke was able to somewhat stalemate his beams...
Or when Thing/Thor held off a weaker Thanos and then were taken out...

So, you factor in random off hand statement, but then PG WM Thor is... factored out? Forgive me if I misunderstand.

I don't recall this instance of the two stalemating in a contest of strength, but if it's like I think, then I'm sure the Thanos/Tyrant example is relevant.

What? It was revealed that Thor enters Warrior Madness and his strength can increase up to ten times, in Thor V1 #502. We've never seen Thor go Warrior Madness since then, but based on that, he can utterly dominate Thanos in a brawl if his strength is ten times his original levels. We've never seen Thor go Warrior Madness since then, but assuming those are the levels the TS intended Thor to be, which I believe is the case, then I really do not see the problem you are having here.

I'm hinting at these scenes.

When he knocks down Thanos with a throw.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos1.jpg

When Masterson takes Thanos aback, until the Infinity Gauntlet starts glowing:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos4.jpg

Then he later on brings him to his knees:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos6.jpg

And another instance in where Masterson stalemates I believe Magus' Thanos duplicate:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos19.jpg
He was stalemating the real Thanos until Invisible Woman came was he not?

Or when Thor knocks down (Albeit from behind.) and restrains Thanos.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos7-1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos8-1.jpg

This is the instance with Kurse that I am talking about.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsKurse23.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsKurse24.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Thanos not have one of Tyrant's energy orbs for that encounter?

Off to bed.

Blanket
What? It was revealed that Thor enters Warrior Madness and his strength can increase up to ten times, in Thor V1 #502. We've never seen Thor go Warrior Madness since then, but based on that, he can utterly dominate Thanos in a brawl if his strength is ten times his original levels. We've never seen Thor go Warrior Madness since then, but assuming those are the levels the TS intended Thor to be, which I believe is the case, then I really do not see the problem you are having here.

I'm hinting at these scenes.

When he knocks down Thanos with a throw.

When Masterson takes Thanos aback, until the Infinity Gauntlet starts glowing:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos4.jpg

Then he later on brings him to his knees:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos6.jpg

And another instance in where Masterson stalemates I believe Magus' Thanos duplicate:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos19.jpg
He was stalemating the real Thanos until Invisible Woman came was he not?

Or when Thor knocks down (Albeit from behind.) and restrains Thanos.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos7-1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos8-1.jpg

This is the instance with Kurse that I am talking about.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsKurse23.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsKurse24.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Thanos not have one of Tyrant's energy orbs for that encounter?

Off to bed. Like I said, never been seen before, and we can't attribute to others. I don't know why not though tbh... because his feats don't stack up? I mean, you did just show Thor stalemating Kurse who is supposed to be 4x stronger, so it's not like writers factor in an exact difference in levels (even though I can't see the Kurse scans, I'll try to see them later).

Can't see the scan, but I'm assuming it's the weakest Thanos that basically two shotted Thor.

From IG like I said. Where Starlin thought it would make sense to actually make Thanos look weaker than without the IG. I mean, the guy was breifly stalemated by Cyke's eyeblast, and was tossed around by Namor and Hulk.

IG.

That was the real Thanos iirc. And that is fist to hammer. Not really meaning much. Though, funny thing you brought it up since Thanos was weaker in that story than when he came out of it, since he absorbed his Thanos duplicate after the fight... and became 'Whole again' (take it as him being weaker in the story, or getting an upgrade).

IG again. And doesn't exactly mean much. I mean, really? Another example from IG is Thanos stalemating Surfer briefly, before it was broken up by pretty much a blast from Strange. Seriously.

Can't see scans (not your fault, my Wii's fault). Will try to look at them tomorrow or later since I'm wide awake.

Like people have made cases of, the Orb only enhanced his blasts that shot out of the orb. Take it for how you want, but I don't know if it increased his strength. Irrelevant though, because Thanos seemingly added the ability to his own after the fight (considering Thanos probing it, knowledge being power, and his history with upgrades).

Pleasent dreams. Wake up wet.

celeyhyga17
I posted this on the respect forum earlier. I'm too sleepy to think.

"I remember an Avengers issue that shows why Thor can deal with super speed. The Avengers were looking for someone that "kidnapped" Herc. All of them couldn't see the person except for Thor. He then says something to himself about they won't believe him bcause no mortal eyes can see etc. etc. He had chased this character into the park and was even questioned by Photon why he was hitting a tree. Apparently she didn't see the person as well. A few pages later revealed it was a speeding Hermes from the Olympian Gods. Thor chases him to Olympus and even catches Hermes by the heels. So yeah, Thor can do "speed". Anyone have that issue by the way? It was like 280 something."

Nihilist
Thanos wrecks him.

Harbinger
You insult my intelligence by assuming I made an error in math or science. I make errors in comics yes, but errors in science and math, no.

You don't understand. Imagine lifting something, while standing on Earth, that weighed the actually weight of an Earth. You would be lifting about 6.6E21 tons of force.

Net Force = Mass times Acceleration

Pulling 1/100 of the Earth's mass with enough acceleration and one will be exerting a force greater than that of the Earth's weight on another Earth.

It is not what you are pulling, but what you are pulling and how fast you are pulling it that determines the force.

With that said, Diana exerted enough force that equals the weight of the Earth (6.6E21 tons).

I can post the calculations if you like. laughing laughing

janus77
stops at Surfer, imo.

Surfer can easily pull Thor into the astral plane and leave him there (madness being what it is, Thor isn't going to realise what's going on).

Surfer is also a lot more ruthless now and willing to use more of his powers (though not so utterly ruthless as to just take Thor apart at the subatomic level or meld with him and then destroy him from within...).

anyway, Surfer for the win.

the ninjak
Originally posted by janus77
stops at Surfer, imo.

Surfer can easily pull Thor into the astral plane and leave him there (madness being what it is, Thor isn't going to realise what's going on).

Surfer is also a lot more ruthless now and willing to use more of his powers (though not so utterly ruthless as to just take Thor apart at the subatomic level or meld with him and then destroy him from within...).

anyway, Surfer for the win.

You would think Thor ...being a God wouldn't be that much different in the Astral than in the Material. Considering he is a God and all. And even if he was dragged into such a reality it wouldn't take him long to materialise back into the physical, I always thought Valhalla was in some way the Astral Plane but I honestly don't know how they wrote it all in canon.confused1

Don Corleone
He stops at Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't get Rage's premise here at all. IF it was stated that WM increases his strength by 10 fold... just because it wasn't mentioned in previous WM situations the increase.. doesn't take away that it was an increase. Your trying to say... that only when it was specifically stated that it increased by 10 can we count that. I disagree totally.. it's a recton of sorts. That particular arc made it clear what WM increases his strength to and all previous showings saying he was in WM means he had the same increase in strength. I honestly don't see how you can take it any other way. It was making it clear what incease the WM gave him that the other previous instances didn't make clear.

Also, pretty much all of the examples you used are PIS of the highest order.. Do you honestly believe ANY Thor can do anything to Thanos with the IG... Thanos with the IG was pwning abstracts with ease. Yet was dropped by a hammer shot from thor or masterson... Give me a break. That is all for the sake of the story and really I'm surprised you brought these instances up. To say nothing of the fact that it wasn't just one v one and Thanos was fighting multiple heroes. Also lets not forget that the orginal Thanos 2 shotted Thor with ease. The weakest version of Thanos took care of Thor easily. I agree with your view about how much stronger Thanos is than thor I think that is pretty fair. WM or not Thor isn't taking any majority from Thanos.

Lastly, the orb was KNOWLEDGE not power. Regardless that Thanos stalemated Tyrant in a test of strength for awhile. Tyrant who wreck the ever loving crap out of WM Thor.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by janus77
stops at Surfer, imo.

anyway, Surfer for the win. Thor was not a mindless drooling brute when he is in the warrior maddnes rage he is more on the bloodlusted side and would want to H2H but he will be able to you mjolnir to counter anything Surfer could throw at him.

This has been one hilarious thread

quanchi112
Stops at Thanos.

h1a8
eek!

You like me? You really, really like me? Well then, now, now I can die in peace.....

There entire arm wrestling thing lasted for about 4 pages. I'm pretty sure. The planet moving feat lasted for about what, 2?

Where did you get barely from? I posted the scan, and nowhere did it say that they barely generated the force to knock the planet out of orbit. It didn't have to say, it was implied. They struggled for quite some time. They were using all of their might mind you and still the Earth didn't move, for a long time.
Again acceleration is the key. Moving the Earth out of orbit takes less force than the actually lifting a rock the weight of the Earth. All one needs to do is have the necessary time and something to push against.
Stabilization has nothing to do with pulling. For example I can do all the pulling if you just hold the darn thing straight (or keep it from wobbling). And I just remembered not Kyle nor any GL was in the feat at all, not in the pulling of course. It was Superman, WW, and Martian Manhunter.

JakeTheBank
To be fair, Diana's lasso was effected by a spell than enabled it reach those dimensions. It's not as clear cut as those three moving the Earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Like I said, never been seen before, and we can't attribute to others. I don't know why not though tbh... because his feats don't stack up? I mean, you did just show Thor stalemating Kurse who is supposed to be 4x stronger, so it's not like writers factor in an exact difference in levels (even though I can't see the Kurse scans, I'll try to see them later).

And like I said, this is the level I believe the TS intended Thor to be so at the very least in this particular thread, there should not be a problem. One reason, but also in the context it was used at. Beings other than Thor have been stated to enter a Berserker Rage or Warrior Madness. Once by Thor himself in regards to Zeus. It was intended to be used to describe a state where a character is blood lusted or crazed I believe. It wasn't until years and years later where the amp was mentioned. I just think that this fact is something important to keep in mind. The fact that Thor has not been stated to be in Warrior Madness since then in my opinion shows how unusable Thor would be if he actually increased 10 times in strength. That kind of amp is ridiculously significant, when Thor on his own is already at the high end of the totem pole in terms of strength of Top Tiers.

That is true. But Thor taking on someone who should logically be superior to him is something that Thor has done so many times that it should not be surprising. Drax with Power Gem, enraged and constantly amping Hulk, Kurse, Scarlet Scarab when he drained and added Thor's strength to his own already near Class 100 strength etc.

He has a history of overcoming beings that you think he should not. It's my opinion that his strength reservoir is simply extremely high, and will power plays a rather large part in strength as well.

Sorry for the long post. I'm a bit long winded at times.

Can't see the scan, but I'm assuming it's the weakest Thanos that basically two shotted Thor.

In the first scan is when the heroes launch their initial attack and Thor downs him with a throw. Try again:

And Thanos never two shotted Thor. After he was downed, he blasted Thor twice, and specifically stated that a few more energy shots would take Thor down as well. That in itself means it was more than two. Plus the fact that it went off panel doesn't help the case.

The durability Thor showed against the high powered Thanos clone also helps Thor's case.

From IG like I said. Where Starlin thought it would make sense to actually make Thanos look weaker than without the IG. I mean, the guy was breifly stalemated by Cyke's eyeblast, and was tossed around by Namor and Hulk.

The hell? How was Thanos made to look weaker without the Infinity Gauntlet?

You mean tossed around by Namor and Hulk? You mean the instance when Namor and She-Hulk both punch Thanos at the same time, and do nothing more than slightly turn his head when he disposes off them

Stalemated by Cyclops Optic Blast's briefly? What the hell are you talking about? If this is the scene you are referring to, it did not happen:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos2.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos3.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos4.jpg

Listing these events, and saying that Thanos was somehow weaker during that battle, when he made basically everyone his *****, then claiming we should not count Thor's showings from the Infinity Gauntlet is just silly.

IG.

Stating "IG" isn't an argument of any kind. It happened.

That was the real Thanos iirc. And that is fist to hammer. Not really meaning much. Though, funny thing you brought it up since Thanos was weaker in that story than when he came out of it, since he absorbed his Thanos duplicate after the fight... and became 'Whole again' (take it as him being weaker in the story, or getting an upgrade).

Pretty sure that was the Thanos shade while the real Thanos was observing with Magus. Also, the real Thanos admitted that the Thanos shade, the one that Thor fought, had greater raw power.

erm Weakened? When did it state he was weakened throughout the arc? And upgraded? He referred to him as being whole most likely because of the inner fire that he was missing. The fire that the shade had or something akin to that. As well, as the knowledge it had. I highly doubt that it was a literally physical upgrade, or he would have been more than twice as powerful after that encounter, which I do not believe is the case. He literally said, further enlightenment before he ate the butterfly. So yea, that's grasping at straws.

IG again. And doesn't exactly mean much. I mean, really? Another example from IG is Thanos stalemating Surfer briefly, before it was broken up by pretty much a blast from Strange. Seriously.

Yes, really. Because it happened and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you?

You mean the instance, where Thanos is teleported by Strange, Silver Surfer attacks him, Thanos is unharmed. Thanos then goes on to break free (Or he might have punched them. It didn't look %100 clear.) of Masterson and Hulk trying to restrain him in his rage, until Stephen uses a spell to simply knock them off their feet? Yea that's a HORRIBLE showing for Thanos. The only thing that keeps it from being a great showing of strength is the one punch he threw at Norrin didn't seem to damage him all that much.

Can't see scans (not your fault, my Wii's fault). Will try to look at them tomorrow or later since I'm wide awake.

Okay.

Like people have made cases of, the Orb only enhanced his blasts that shot out of the orb. Take it for how you want, but I don't know if it increased his strength. Irrelevant though, because Thanos seemingly added the ability to his own after the fight (considering Thanos probing it, knowledge being power, and his history with upgrades).

I would have agreed with him being helped only by the blasts shot out of the orb if not for the scene where he clutched the orb and his hand(s) glowed with what seems to be the orbs energy as he hit Tyrant.

It never showed him adding the orbs power to his own. It only talked about him probing the orb in an attempt to gain knowledge etc. Assuming anything else is baseless.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos1.jpg

Pleasent dreams. Wake up wet.

I woke up absolutely soaked. It's like waking up next to Enyalus.

darthgoober
The durability Thor showed against the high powered Thanos clone also helps Thor's case.

Isn't that a lot like trying to interchange BRB and Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by darthgoober
Isn't that a lot like trying to interchange BRB and Thor?

Eh?

Thor's shown to outperform Bill though so it would not be fair to Thor to use Bill as a measuring stick for how Thor would perform. This Thanos clone however was amped by some powerful artifacts when he used his energy web.

I'll have to get back to you later. I need to go for about an hour or two.

psycho gundam
some of brb's feats are valid to thor, since bill in thor form is layered with thor's power minus asgardian heritage abilities/thor's personality, that's where they differ.

an amped thor defeating a thanos clone is more a credit to the real thanos than anything. erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Eh?

Thor's shown to outperform Bill though so it would not be fair to Thor to use Bill as a measuring stick for how Thor would perform. This Thanos clone however was amped by some powerful artifacts when he used his energy web.

I'll have to get back to you later. I need to go for about an hour or two.

I don't get Rage's premise in this thread. IF it was stated that WM increases his strength by 10 fold... just because it wasn't mentioned in previous WM situations the increase.. doesn't take away that it was an increase. Your trying to say... that only when it was specifically stated that it increased by 10 can we count that. I disagree totally.. it's a recton of sorts. That particular arc made it clear what WM increases his strength to and all previous showings saying he was in WM means he had the same increase in strength. I honestly don't see how you can take it any other way. It was making it clear what incease the WM gave him that the other previous instances didn't make clear.

Also, pretty much all of the examples you used are PIS of the highest order.. Do you honestly believe ANY Thor can do anything to Thanos with the IG... Thanos with the IG was pwning abstracts with ease. Yet was dropped by a hammer shot from thor or masterson... Give me a break. That is all for the sake of the story and really I'm surprised you brought these instances up. To say nothing of the fact that it wasn't just one v one and Thanos was fighting multiple heroes. Also lets not forget that the orginal Thanos 2 shotted Thor with ease. The weakest version of Thanos took care of Thor easily. I agree with your view about how much stronger Thanos is than thor I think that is pretty fair. WM or not Thor isn't taking any majority from Thanos.

Lastly, the orb was KNOWLEDGE not power. Regardless that Thanos stalemated Tyrant in a test of strength for awhile. Tyrant who wreck the ever loving crap out of WM Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Nihilist
Thanos wasnt drawing/using energy from the orb when in the strength lock up with Tyrant, every time Thanos used the orb it was glowing/radiating with energy for blasts, when they locked up it was dull/lifeless.

Thor has only ever did well against Thanos when he used a suprise attack/Thanos was destracted fighting someone else (IG) or had help(Thing) and that was a far weaker pre res Thanos that easily put Thor down for a long while and got stopped from finishing him off.

We see how much of a threat Thor really is in the Capatin Marvell/Genis run when Thanos easily stopps Thors hammer throw with a casual hand gesture.

quanchi112
We've also seen what it takes for the real thor to defeat a Thanos clone. Like nihilist mentioned Thanos easily dismissed his hammer toss. The only time I saw Thor seriously challenge Thanos was with the power gem and even then Thanos took him on for pure sport and ended it when he saw fit.

the Darkone
I say Thor stop's at 9, Thor's is a beast at this stage of power, if this is Thor from blood and thunder arch it's really going to be tough for Thanos but he will still win.

h1a8
Thor loses at 1. WW counters his attack and combos him to ko.

JakeTheBank

You probably think Rune King Thor gets stomped here, too...

quanchi112
Thor loses at 1. WW counters his attack and combos him to ko. Based on which showings?

You probably think Rune King Thor gets stomped here, too...

I guess that depends on whether or not he's got the speed feats to combo to ko like she can.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
I guess that depends on whether or not he's got the speed feats to combo to ko like she can.

laughing

the Darkone

Dude,What the f**k? you are a loser.

You have no credibility at all, your logic is worse than Obama. Read some comics before making any comments.

LordofBrooklyn
. Wonder Woman - Thor works for it as Diana's bracelets block the first blasts from Mjolnir. After that its over.

2. Superman- Speed is a factor here as the Mongoose fight illustrates. Superman survives his initial folly of holding back and realizes he can go all out. Mjolnir's versatility gives Thor a razor thin win.

3. Beta Ray bill= Beta Ray Bill is overrated! Yeah, I said it! Thor remembers his embarassment after losing the rigged fight to BRB and annihilates him.

4. Silver Surfer- It stops here. This is KMC and the Surfer realizes he can match any and everything Thor can do. He will stay away from the slugfests and use the board to evade and simultaneously attack. I think it might even be possible to drain Mjolnir.

For the sake of argument lets continue.

5. Wonder Woman AND Superman (2nd time, refreshed, no lasso)- Diana is furious and Superman cuts loose from the start. Between their speed and Superman's long-range powers they have the edge. Also if it comes to it, Diana, has wielded Mjolnir and can grab it and do so again.

6. Beta Ray Bill AND Silver Surfer (2nd time, refreshed)- Surfer orders seconds as he remembers the BLOOD AND THUNDER FIGHT. BRB gets in shots as well.

7. HP Doomsday- He keeps killing Doomsday in a multiplicity of ways with Mjolnir.

8. Gladiator/Hyperion/Power Girl- Hyperion has never shown he is at Thor's level. If this were King Hyoerion then it would be something. Gladiator at KMC levels gives Thor a fight with his powerset. PG makes it interesting but he takes all 3.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

laughing out loud

I actually lol'd at "Surfer could drain Mjolnir".

LordofBrooklyn
facepalm

laughing out loud

I actually lol'd at "Surfer could drain Mjolnir".

I hate to interrupt your laughter but..

If Mjolnir can drain the very life out of someone, why would a being that wields the fundamental power of the universe be incapable of draining the energy from Mjolnir?

Do you mean to tell me its impervious from this sort of attack? Or better yet that it has a limited source of power due to Odin's enchantmemts?

Show me the canon and I'll laugh along with you.

zeel
thor doesn't get any speed or reaction boosts in warrior madness, so superman's speed is still just as viable a advantage as ever

would be interesting to see superman bloodlusted and sundipped here.

zeel

not suprised to here this from a person that would give superman a win over odin. embarrasment

janus77
Originally posted by zeel
not suprised to here this from a person that would give superman a win over odin. embarrasment
that's not half as rabid as the people saying Juggernaut is tougher than Galactus!

Nestical
If he has her speed or 70% of her speed with her skill then he can win the majority. Speed is the number 1 key then comes skill then comes strength.

So by this logic Quicksilver stomps Big G eek!

DarkOdin
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I hate to interrupt your laughter but..

If Mjolnir can drain the very life out of someone, why would a being that wields the fundamental power of the universe be incapable of draining the energy from Mjolnir?

Do you mean to tell me its impervious from this sort of attack? Or better yet that it has a limited source of power due to Odin's enchantmemts?

Show me the canon and I'll laugh along with you. surfer has neve been seen to drain anything on the level of Mjolni nor have we seen anything be able to strip the power away from Mjolnir. Except when Thor was forced to give up mjolnir time/travel powers however this only happened b/c Thor allowed it to.

Mjolnir would drain the Surfer if anything. We have seen Thor drain/absorb the power cosmic before. If Surfer does decided to just stay back ad blast at Thor"he best chance imo" thor could just siphon out the powercosmic or redirect he blast amped. and to answer your question why would a being that wields the fundamental power of the universe be incapable of draining the energy from Mjolnir? because the odinpower in Mjolnir is greater then the amount of power cosmic that SS has at his disposal

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Nestical
So by this logic Quicksilver stomps Big G eek! Imagine what the Flash would do to Galactus scary just scary evil face

Warlord
stops at 5

Blanket
And like I said, this is the level I believe the TS intended Thor to be so at the very least in this particular thread, there should not be a problem. One reason, but also in the context it was used at. Beings other than Thor have been stated to enter a Berserker Rage or Warrior Madness. Once by Thor himself in regards to Zeus. It was intended to be used to describe a state where a character is blood lusted or crazed I believe. It wasn't until years and years later where the amp was mentioned. I just think that this fact is something important to keep in mind. The fact that Thor has not been stated to be in Warrior Madness since then in my opinion shows how unusable Thor would be if he actually increased 10 times in strength. That kind of amp is ridiculously significant, when Thor on his own is already at the high end of the totem pole in terms of strength of Top Tiers.

That is true. But Thor taking on someone who should logically be superior to him is something that Thor has done so many times that it should not be surprising. Drax with Power Gem, enraged and constantly amping Hulk, Kurse, Scarlet Scarab when he drained and added Thor's strength to his own already near Class 100 strength etc.

He has a history of overcoming beings that you think he should not. It's my opinion that his strength reservoir is simply extremely high, and will power plays a rather large part in strength as well.

Sorry for the long post. I'm a bit long winded at times.

In the first scan is when the heroes launch their initial attack and Thor downs him with a throw. Try again:

And Thanos never two shotted Thor. After he was downed, he blasted Thor twice, and specifically stated that a few more energy shots would take Thor down as well. That in itself means it was more than two. Plus the fact that it went off panel doesn't help the case.

The hell? How was Thanos made to look weaker without the Infinity Gauntlet?

You mean tossed around by Namor and Hulk? You mean the instance when Namor and She-Hulk both punch Thanos at the same time, and do nothing more than slightly turn his head when he disposes off them

Stalemated by Cyclops Optic Blast's briefly? What the hell are you talking about? If this is the scene you are referring to, it did not happen:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos2.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos3.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos4.jpg

Listing these events, and saying that Thanos was somehow weaker during that battle, when he made basically everyone his *****, then claiming we should not count Thor's showings from the Infinity Gauntlet is just silly.

Stating "IG" isn't an argument of any kind. It happened.

Pretty sure that was the Thanos shade while the real Thanos was observing with Magus. Also, the real Thanos admitted that the Thanos shade, the one that Thor fought, had greater raw power.

erm Weakened? When did it state he was weakened throughout the arc? And upgraded? He referred to him as being whole most likely because of the inner fire that he was missing. The fire that the shade had or something akin to that. As well, as the knowledge it had. I highly doubt that it was a literally physical upgrade, or he would have been more than twice as powerful after that encounter, which I do not believe is the case. He literally said, further enlightenment before he ate the butterfly. So yea, that's grasping at straws.

Yes, really. Because it happened and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you?

You mean the instance, where Thanos is teleported by Strange, Silver Surfer attacks him, Thanos is unharmed. Thanos then goes on to break free (Or he might have punched them. It didn't look %100 clear.) of Masterson and Hulk trying to restrain him in his rage, until Stephen uses a spell to simply knock them off their feet? Yea that's a HORRIBLE showing for Thanos. The only thing that keeps it from being a great showing of strength is the one punch he threw at Norrin didn't seem to damage him all that much.

Okay.

I would have agreed with him being helped only by the blasts shot out of the orb if not for the scene where he clutched the orb and his hand(s) glowed with what seems to be the orbs energy as he hit Tyrant.

It never showed him adding the orbs power to his own. It only talked about him probing the orb in an attempt to gain knowledge etc. Assuming anything else is baseless.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/th_Thanos1.jpg

I woke up absolutely soaked. It's like waking up next to Enyalus. That is way too big a post to answer on my Wii. I'll answer it when my laptop cord cums.

When I get a new sig/avi, you can hound me to answer this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That is way too big a post to answer on my Wii. I'll answer it when my laptop cord cums.

When I get a new sig/avi, you can hound me to answer this.

I don't really care and to be honest, if this continued, after we replied back and forth a few more times I would have just given up.

Back in the day I could argue for dozens of pages and across days or weeks in a single debate and enjoy it but now I just don't have the energy and stop caring really. Meh.

I mean at this point, I rarely ever argue something new. I could probably have an entire debate on nearly any topic (On a comic vs. forum.) I come across by simply quoting my old posts if I could find them.

So I get bored really quick in an argument. I see a wall of text, and I just don't bother anymore.

Starscream M

So I get bored really quick in an argument. I see a wall of text, and I just don't bother anymore. I see I have crushed your spirit by embarrassing you in our previous debates!

Rage.Of.Olympus
I see I have crushed your spirit by embarrassing you in our previous debates!

DEFINITELY! Which debate was it again? Can you remind me? The one where you argued that Juggernaut was more durable than Galactus or the time you posted a scan of Mirror Master and claimed it was Wally West?

Starscream M
DEFINITELY! Which debate was it again? Can you remind me? The one where you argued that Juggernaut was more durable than Galactus or the time you posted a scan of Mirror Master and claimed it was Wally West? it was prob yesterday when I showed you to be the charlatan that you are, pulling crap outta your behind about thor's godblast being different power levels when it has never been stated on panel as such.

yeah that was it. wink

DarkOdin
it was prob yesterday when I showed you to be the charlatan that you are, pulling crap outta your behind about thor's godblast being different power levels when it has never been stated on panel as such.

yeah that was it. wink Once again you embarrass yourself. f everygod blast was th same level Mjolnir would breakaparts everytime he used it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
it was prob yesterday when I showed you to be the charlatan that you are, pulling crap outta your behind about thor's godblast being different power levels when it has never been stated on panel as such.

yeah that was it. wink

Do I really have to educate you again?

One more time, because you are slow.

The God Blast can clearly vary in power. Why? Let's observe two instances.

Vs the Celestials:
Thor used his Belt of Strength to double Mjolnir's reinforcements and it shattered channeling the power of the God Blast.

Vs the Juggernaut etc.:
It did not shatter or even crack, despite the fact that he did not have the belt.

Reason:
The power of the God Blast varies depending on how energy he puts into it.

Conclusion:
You're an idiot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh and while we're on the topic brucy, what was the title of the thread of where the God Blast issue was being discussed again? I forget. Or you could post a link to it.

Starscream M
Oh and while we're on the topic brucy, what was the title of the thread of where the God Blast issue was being discussed again? I forget. Or you could post a link to it. I believe this is the page where you promptly made a fool outta yourself.

here ya go:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=525595&pagenumber=5

Rage.Of.Olympus
I believe this is the page where you promptly made a fool outta yourself.

here ya go:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=525595&pagenumber=5

Would you care to point out, where I made a fool out of myself exactly?

And no, replying to your posts and "attempting" a discussion does not count. Although I know it's hopeless. You'll never learn.

Starscream M
Would you care to point out, where I made a fool out of myself exactly?

And no, replying to your posts and "attempting" a discussion does not count. Although I know it's hopeless. You'll never learn. where you claim the godblast against juggs was different from godblast from galactus

again, its all your speculation...nothing that was STATED on panel indicates any difference

but whatevs

Rage.Of.Olympus
where you claim the godblast against juggs was different from godblast from galactus

again, its all your speculation...nothing that was STATED on panel indicates any difference

but whatevs

It seems pretty clear. I mean he even used a stand in the Galactus instance.

As hard as it is to believe, you're a big boy. You don't need to be spoon feed everything.

Blanket
I don't really care and to be honest, if this continued, after we replied back and forth a few more times I would have just given up.

Back in the day I could argue for dozens of pages and across days or weeks in a single debate and enjoy it but now I just don't have the energy and stop caring really. Meh.

I mean at this point, I rarely ever argue something new. I could probably have an entire debate on nearly any topic (On a comic vs. forum.) I come across by simply quoting my old posts if I could find them.

So I get bored really quick in an argument. I see a wall of text, and I just don't bother anymore. I see you hate infinity arguments as well now.

Anyway, just wanted to reply, but then I realized it would have taken about an hour on this thing.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That is kinda silly brucey... do u think they state exactly how powerful each blast a character unleashes is? Then when they dont, u assume they are all the same... even though narration n artistic depictions make it abundantly clear there are levels? Its common sense man

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkOdin
surfer has neve been seen to drain anything on the level of Mjolni nor have we seen anything be able to strip the power away from Mjolnir. Except when Thor was forced to give up mjolnir time/travel powers however this only happened b/c Thor allowed it to.

Mjolnir would drain the Surfer if anything. We have seen Thor drain/absorb the power cosmic before. If Surfer does decided to just stay back ad blast at Thor"he best chance imo" thor could just siphon out the powercosmic or redirect he blast amped. and to answer your question why would a being that wields the fundamental power of the universe be incapable of draining the energy from Mjolnir? because the odinpower in Mjolnir is greater then the amount of power cosmic that SS has at his disposal

I see Rage of Olympus is too afraid to respond! cool

Thanks for stepping in.

You are correct about the canon but there is also the reality of the KMC standard.

Surfer never uses the vast majority of his abilities and when he does its in an extremely neutered manner. In fairness, Thor is a victim of the same thing.

There is an incident that I remember that makes it feasible.

Doom was able to siphon the power cosmic through tech. While magic is always a wildcard, I think its reasonable that a being who wields the power cosmic can pull off a similar feat with Mjolnir.

If Surfer can't do it completely, he should at least be able to siphon enough from it to reduce its power.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nestical
So by this logic Quicksilver stomps Big G eek!

No because Quicksilver can't stun Galactus, and that is assuming that Big G can be stunned.

I've meant speed is the key when both members have the power to stun or kill the other.

Enyalus
No because Quicksilver can't stun Galactus, and that is assuming that Big G can be stunned.

I've meant speed is the key when both members have the power to stun or kill the other.
Not to mention that Big G can fly under his own power at speeds above light.

or the fact that he is cosmically aware; can warp space/time and speed is just function of movement through both; thinks and acts so much faster than light if he wants to, that flash would just standing be still for him; is an n-dimentsional being and no inferior creature, no matter how fast it is, can scratch him.

quanchi112

yeah that was it. wink It's common sense when you figure one godblast has actually destroyed a reinforced hammer before.

Black bolt z
# 5 or 6

h1a8

shokosugi
stops at 1

the Darkone
Thor stops at 9.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.