Another Team 1 vs Team 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Since theres been a bit of talk regarding Thor, Superman, and Wonder Woman lately, I will put them on the same team

Team 1

Thor
Superman
Wonder Woman

vs

Team 2

Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter (No Mindrape if its decided its a one-move finisher)

Scenario I: Team 1 vs Team 2 in an adamantium arena.

All out fight, no bullshit kthanx. Existence of all life is at stake here, none of this "but he/she wouldn't do this right away..." crap.

Full knowledge of opposing team.

Scenario II: Which team can tear apart Hulk (any version you want to discuss) the fastest?

Placidity
doublepost.

Survivor19
Team 2
Once Surfer fries Supes with Kryptonite radiation, it is 3 on 2

chomperx9
Originally posted by Survivor19
Team 2
Once Surfer fries Supes with Kryptonite radiation, it is 3 on 2 how would surfer know to do that ?

Enyalus
Depends on the matchups, but a likely breakdown would be Thor vs. SS, Superman vs. Hal, and Diana vs. J'onn.

I know Rage is going to have a cow, but I've got SS winning that matchup against Thor. Superman beats Hal quicker, though. And Diana takes J'onn.

So in Scenario 1, Team 1 more often than not.

In Scenario 2, Thor's Godblast vaporizes any version of Hulk, ever.

If SS takes on Superman, SS beats him via weakness exploit. Thor beats Hal. Diana still takes J'onn. Probably same result, but perhaps not with the initial 3 on 2 situation.

Slaanesh
team 2
SS > Thor
Hal > Supes
MM > WW

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus
I know Rage is going to have a cow, but I've got SS winning that matchup against Thor.

Ah, you know me so well....

But since I'm already on the topic, why would you give Norrin the majority? I suspect your answer, but I want to make sure. Then of course, I'm going to prove your wrong, but that is inevitable. stick out tongue

Blanket
Thor could probably solo team 2, because he's faster than everyone there, stronger, smarter, and more versatile.

Wonder Woman peels carrots in the corner.

Q99
Originally posted by Slaanesh
team 2
SS > Thor
Hal > Supes
MM > WW

I disagree with at least two of those.

Diana's the second strongest in the league as well as well suited against pretty much all of J'onn's powers (telepathy and phasing) and I'll bet Clark over Hal too.

Thor doesn't do badly against Surfer when they fight either.

Team 1 gets my vote.

Survivor19
Happy Dance

Placidity
He could probably figure it out with his cosmic awareness anyway right?

Blanket
Originally posted by Placidity
He could probably figure it out with his cosmic awareness anyway right? Not before Thor speedblitzes him, because he's uh... really fast. And a good fighter, not just good, but better than WW.

If you require feats, then you just don't read Thor. erm

Martian_mind
Team 2.

Jonn takes Diana, Surfer takes Supes, Jordan stalls Thor until help arrives.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ah, you know me so well....

But since I'm already on the topic, why would you give Norrin the majority? I suspect your answer, but I want to make sure. Then of course, I'm going to prove your wrong, but that is inevitable. stick out tongue
I don't think we can look at the old SS/Thor fights and base anything on them now, as I believe Surfer's had a powerup since Annihilation. I think his fight against BRB in Bill's own book no lesss shows the superiority of Surfer against either one of the Hammer Brothers right now.

If Thor beats Voidtry I might change my mind. stick out tongue (I hope he does.)

Mshinu
Looks very even. Team 2 wins with weakness exploitation tho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't think we can look at the old SS/Thor fights and base anything on them now, as I believe Surfer's had a powerup since Annihilation. I think his fight against BRB in Bill's own book no lesss shows the superiority of Surfer against either one of the Hammer Brothers right now.

If Thor beats Voidtry I might change my mind. stick out tongue (I hope he does.)

Well, using Beta Ray Bill as an example that Thor would lose is not really fair to Thor. Seeing as how Loki has one shotted Bill, something that would never happen to Thor, and recently, Bill was utterly decimated by the Godkiller Skrull, that Thor was taking it to, when he came back. And whatever portion of the Odin Force Thor had was drained for the Secret Invasion. Fraction stated it an interview, and later on stated that it might have been a regular Thor. The link to the latter is somewhere on CBR (Some poster posted it.).

Thor's also put down Bill in a single hit although Bill had no solid footing but that can only mean so much. Their most recent fight. It was not long after Blood and Thunder. So using Bill as a measuring stick is useless and not fair to Thor like I said before.

Besides Bill, has beaten Surfer a lot worse than what Surfer did to Bill in that issue. If memory serves, he knocked him out for entire pages with two hits. The first hit was a cheap shot though.

Here's the Bill instance:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBillWarriorThree3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBillWarriorThree4.jpg

Undeniable proof, that Thor can do the fabled Karate Chop. stick out tongue

Later.

Survivor19
On the theme of weakness eploitation: wouldn't Supes' HV ruin MM's day something fierce?

Blanket
Originally posted by Survivor19
On the theme of weakness eploitation: wouldn't Supes' HV ruin MM's day something fierce? I think it's just fire, and the way it looks/other shit. Don't think it's the heat.

Otherwise he would be blowing his face off everytime he used his martian vision.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blanket
Thor could probably solo team 2, because he's faster than everyone there, stronger, smarter, and more versatile.

Wonder Woman peels carrots in the corner.
Not before Thor speedblitzes him, because he's uh... really fast. And a good fighter, not just good, but better than WW.

If you require feats, then you just don't read Thor. erm Was there a certain post that pissed you off or is it just the overall way people treat Thor here the last couple of days/weeks?

Blanket
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Was there a certain post that pissed you off or is it just the overall way people treat Thor here the last couple of days/weeks? latter

I thought I'd get noticed by the cool kids if I hyped truthed Thor up. sad

Sasaraixx
This fight could go either way. It really boils down to who fights Surfer.

If Thor fights Surfer, Team 1 wins more often than not. That's not to say that I give Thor the win, but it would be a long fight and he'd have either Superman or WW coming to aid him before it finishes.

If Superman fights SS, Team 2 wins in most situations. I'd say the same for WW as well.

manx422
Team 1

Philosophía
Thor drains Surfer and Hal simultaneously, and then one-shots J'onn with his phasing-proof hammer.

kgkg
Wonder Woman peels carrots in the corner. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.