CrossCurrent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr McBeefington
Has anybody read this crap? Some sith ship jumps 5,000 years into the future with jedi turned sith loyal to Sadow. That's funny because I don't recall the sith having ANY Jedi in their group before, during, or after the Hyperspace War, but that's just me.

Survivor19
No, i didn't read it. Can you provide a link or something.

truejedi
so... is it a good read?

D-FENS
Originally posted by truejedi
so... is it a good read? Well, judging by the way he termed it as 'crap', I would assume not. wink

overlord
sith jumping into the future you say?

truejedi
i dunno if he read the actual book though. He may have just read the synopsis.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi
i dunno if he read the actual book though. He may have just read the synopsis.

^This. I pretty much said "no" after reading about a sith ship jumping 5,000 years into the future and that there were jedi turned sith lords during the Great Hyperspace War.

overlord
sounds bloody awful

Ms.Marvel
current star wars sucks. the eu is seriously in decline imo...

truejedi
Jaden Korr is involved though. That means I must needs read it.

SIDIOUS 66
Flow walk and now a sith time ship.

SW is becoming more and more like Marvel and DC universe.

Lord Lucien
Just waiting for Abeloth to reveal itself as Doomsday.

One Free Man
*vocalizes back to the future theme*

REXXXX
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Just waiting for Abeloth to reveal itself as Doomsday.

I knew it all along.

jaden101
The biggest problem is that people keep writing new events which are shoe horned into the middle of the SW timeline...Therefor everything that was written before the new story but is set after it has no reference to the events and it just ends up ridiculous.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by jaden101
The biggest problem is that people keep writing new events which are shoe horned into the middle of the SW timeline...Therefor everything that was written before the new story but is set after it has no reference to the events and it just ends up ridiculous.

Allankles
Originally posted by jaden101

But it's a big galaxy, the Hyperspace wars are assumed to be bigger than what the limited comic indicates. You always have to have the assumption that events are always taking place behind the scenes of the story being told.

No point in pidgeonholing an entire timeline with one story, although I agree to a small extent with what you're saying, e.g. something like Ashoka Tano being Anakin's apprentice, but in the case of the Hyperspace wars there's enough room to add a storyline or two.

On the crosscurrent issue SW science fiction isn't robust enough to support time travel stories, so they're almost always disposable plot elements(flow walking anyone?), but I've also yet to read Crosscurrent.

Dr_McBeefington
I take back what i said, this comic is teh AWESOME!! I hated it at 1st cuz i couldn't gt er orgasm when masturbeting to teh cross culent comik but now after sticking a pineapple up ma ass my load can b sprayed all ov3r teh world.

it feels good too^^ pineapple up my ass = win.

Welt
This is definitely Ivalice.

Ms.Marvel
youve got some competition neb

Allankles
Originally posted by Dr_McBeefington
I take back what i said, this comic is teh AWESOME!! I hated it at 1st cuz i couldn't gt er orgasm when masturbeting to teh cross culent comik but now after sticking a pineapple up ma ass my load can b sprayed all ov3r teh world.

it feels good too^^ pineapple up my ass = win.

Beefington's lightside.

Darth_Glentract
So did anybody actually read this? Good at all? I'm gonna pick it up next time I venture into Barnes and Noble.

truejedi
i too intend to if college ever stops kicking my butt.

Venomanzer
THIS MODERATOR HAS BEEN HACKED

Darth_Glentract
Actually enjoyed the book a lot just as a stand alone read. It was pretty confusing and didn't fit well with the story though. With the time travel thing, apparently what happened was the ship had a failed hyperdrive jump and sat at basically lightspeed for a little while so everywhere else just moved forward around them. Introducing relativity into the SW universe kinda screws up a lot of stuff though. At least it wasn't some new Force trick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.