Flash vs. The Runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Both the fast or near-fastest characters in their comic.

Who would win in
A:a fight
B:a race

galactusischere
Runner
Runner

Harbinger
Runner stomps in both. Zoom is a better matchup, IMO.

Enyalus
In a fight, The Runner.

In a race, depends which Flash. Barry Allen smoking Superman semi-recently was very impressive. Plus Runner and Makkari already lost a race to a tribute version of Barry Allen.

Colossus-Big C
Runner.
Runner Vs DC Hermes(who made a complete fool out of flash) would be better

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
In a fight, The Runner.

In a race, depends which Flash. Barry Allen smoking Superman semi-recently was very impressive. Plus Runner and Makkari already lost a race to a tribute version of Barry Allen. Didn't he leave and not actually beat the both of them before the race finished?

Desaad
In a fight, the Runner. He's ALMOST as fast, but with much higher stats. Speed tricks would be fun and give Wally a fighting chance, but unless he's in Anti-Monitor busting mode he ain't gonna win.

In a race, the Flash. He's simply faster.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Didn't he leave and not actually beat the both of them before the race finished?
Yeah, Runner was erm...disqualified I think.

Desaad
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Runner.
Runner Vs DC Hermes(who made a complete fool out of flash) would be better

DC Hermes faced the Flash when he was much, much slower. It wasn't until Waid got ahold of him, had him go through the Return of Barry Allen and all his speed force revelations that he really started kicking it up.

Desaad

Not exactly. Buried Alien (Barry Allen) was winning the race, had pulled ahead of both Makkari and the Runner, but saw that another contestant was trying to hurt Makkari and instead of going for the win disabled the guy. By the time he was done, it was too late to hope to win.

Makkari eventually won that race by tapping into the Grosembeek method, which allowed him to achieve lightspeed or so (according to the narration), which allowed him to pull ahead of the Runner.

Runner explained that the problem with the method was that once one employed it, one couldn't slow back down to normal speeds. Buried Alien and Makkari went off to find a way to get him back to normal.

Most of that appears to have been ignored/retconned, as Makkari was back in Gaiman's Eternals mini, and then the ongoing series that followed it.

Enyalus
Yeah. Makkari 'became light' or something like that...Grunwald's writing was always weird and stupid.

But thanks. I didn't go back to look at it before answering. thumb up

Black bolt z
I don't want to seem unrelated but can someone tell me how to make a custom avatar?I got so tired of not having a custom i just selected a premade one.

Desaad
Yeah. Makkari 'became light' or something like that...Grunwald's writing was always weird and stupid.

I really, really liked Gruenwald's writing actually. His Quasar series sort of lost it towards the end (and the Starblast crossover was awful), but he put out a lot of great stuff, and "Cosmos In Collision" remains, in my eyes, one of the best cosmic epics Marvel has ever done (and far better than its more popular contemporary, Infinity Gauntlet).

No worries, my pleasure.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Desaad
DC Hermes faced the Flash when he was much, much slower. It wasn't until Waid got ahold of him, had him go through the Return of Barry Allen and all his speed force revelations that he really started kicking it up. have they had a second encounter?

Desaad
Not to the best of my knowledge, not since Wally started increasing his speed again.

Of course Hermes has borderline reality manipulating abilities and is a god, so I'm not going to say that Flash would win in a fight. Just that, speed wise, I'd imagine that Flash is at least as fast these days.

Enyalus
Exactly. I mean, Wally couldn't go past light speed until Zero Hour. His race against Hermes means pretty much nothing.

Desaad
I think at the time of the fight he was limited to maybe 2 or 3 times the speed of sound. That's what it was after Crisis on Infinite Earths anyway.

Black bolt z
bump?

Lord Feron
Runner in Both.

Bouboumaster
Runner would outpower and outrun Flash

SuperMan103
runner.

Colossus-Big C
runner

D_Dude1210

No no, "Burried Alien" turned around to stop one of the contestants cheating. He never finished the race. Makkari won it.

Also, runner stomps on both.

Colossus-Big C
burried allen even admitted he couldnt catch up to makkari and runner, but he was still much faster than all the other contestants

psycho gundam
runner is still faster, when he runs in space he generates more thrust than when running on physical ground.

lightyeargee
Flash would win flat out in a race. as for a fight, A toss up. Flash is faster with more speed tricks, Runner has far superior stats.

psycho gundam
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/runnerthanos2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/runnerthanos3.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/runnerthanos4.jpg

he doesn't need ground to run on, he generrates his own thrust by generating energy and propelling himself through it sort of like a solar sail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.