STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Chains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX

Spidervlad
Vlad shall be using Dreams.

Vlad smiles lightly as he sees Jane coming up.

"It is good to see you, mother," says Vlad as he embraces her warmly.

"Too many things have happened in the past few days..." muttered Vlad as his smile faded.

"My training... Well, I have completed and I have been knighted."

He always thought of the moment he would tell his mother that he had finally become a Jedi Knight. Yet in those thoughts, it was always a moment of great joy and happiness. But his current task was first priority, and deep inside he knew he would never be able to live peacefully with himself if he didn't get to the bottom of this.

Vlad slowly observed Jane. He pondered if he should tell her what he was up to... Would this reopen her wounds? Perhaps she has finally come to peace about the murder of her husband, and mentioning it now will only bring her back to pain.

Craft
No predictive power here. "The future is what you make of it!"

-

Wentar sat on his hostital bed, turning his lightsaber over and over in his hand. He looked down at it, something always seemed to be missing. He could never place what it was, but there was something extra his lightsaber needed for it to truly feel 'right'.

The events of the last week seemed to drag him down, feeling his last mission had been a complete and utter failure. Both to the Order and himself. Farl's revealed deception and being forced to keep it a secret casting Wentar's views on the Republic in doubt. His indecision over whether to hand Farl over or protect him and how close he came to leaving him to the assassins has been making him rethink whether he had the stability to remain a Jedi. Finally, his mentor, Altar Vynn, missing, all because he couldn't and, possibly, at the time wouldn't see Farl for what he truly was. Worry and depression seemed to be the only things on his mind. Only one good thing seemed to come from this.

Emso, the Senators servant, was free. Wentar was surprised to learn of the Zabrak's slave status, though it seemed to make sense, even if it did leave some distaste in his mouth. Still, with Farl dead, Emso was a free man, it was a small consolation buried amongst Wentar's doubts, but it gave him hope. If Emso can recover something good from this, so can he. Things will become right soon enough.

As he thought about Emso he stoped turning his lightsaber, looking at an empty panel on the lower half. A small, but deep scratch tarnishing the smooth surface, he'd never noticed it before. Probably caused during the events that went on at the top of Farl's tower. He gripped his lightsaber firmly, before rising. Yes, everything will soon begin to feel right again.

With that he swiftly left the room, he had an assassin to 'talk' to and Wentar had no intention of leaving until he found out everything he needed to know.

REXXXX
Mother Renald hugs you tightly.

"Vlad Shafran!" she exclaims. "I always knew you were destined for great things, my child. I am so proud of you! I am the mother of a Jedi Knight. Imagine that!"

It has been a long time since Senator Renald's death; Jane has long come to terms with it, you feel, though you did not know exactly what sorrowful matters she was dealing with truly.

Dreams noted for Vlad.

-

You often wonder how other Jedi Knights do it, Wentar. This was by far the worst mission you were ever assigned. The Council has actually issued you an apology for subjecting you to such awfulness.

Additionally, Ki-Adi-Mundi informed you that the Council has given you vacation time, starting... now.

The assassin is still laid up- they have not given him particularly great treatments for his blaster wounds, though they are less severe than your own. He has been cuffed to his bed (both hands) and his armor removed and confiscated by the government. He is a grizzled looking man, with short cropped hair and five o'clock shadow.

"Ah, look who it is," the assassin says. "The Jedi. Come to take me in, no doubt. Poor ol' me."

Spidervlad
Vlad nodded his head, smiling a bit at his mother's reaction.

"Yet that is not the only reason I am here. Mother, Master Windu told me the truth about Renald... I picked up his case and I came here in order to look for some sort of clues or perhaps a lead. Whoever commited that atrocious murder, I am going to find them and make sure that they are brought to justice."

Craft
Wentar doesn't say anything at first, he places his lightsaber on the bedside table and pulls up a chair.

"Not in my job description today," Wentar says, sitting down. "No, your going to answer some questions for me.

"I already know you were working for the Kylugo Srum, you were hired to kill Senator Farl for spreading misinformation and setting the Sentient Rights Commission on your employers. I'm curious. How involved were you with the Kylugo Srum's activities?"

REXXXX
"Oh... so you were told. I was wondering if the Order would ever let you know your father's fate."

Jane purses her lips. You sense a glimmer of her grief, but she has incredible control over her emotions.

"You have come to me," she says, "to see if there is anything I know that can help you."

-

"It was just a job," he snarls, realizing you are here to interrogate. "I'm not Srum dirt. I just take their money."

Craft
"You would have been told a few things about who you were working for," Wentar calmly replies. "What do you know about the Kylugo Srum?"

Spidervlad
"Yes." replied Vlad blatantly. "You must have suspected something or
someone."

REXXXX
Jane sighs.

"Unfortunately, my suspicions are that it was not someone that I or even your father knew. I can tell you about what your father was doing at the time. Maybe it will shed some light..."

-

"Slavers and pirates," the assassin says. "Pretty territorial, don't like people messing with them. Especially not Jedi."

Spidervlad
Vlad nods his head. "I think that might give me at least some sort of lead to
begin with."

Craft
"They were who Farl was selling the Triskatani slaves to, yes? Do you know how he had them taken and transported off planet?"

Are Wentar's senses useful here to tell if the assassin is being deceitful or not?

REXXXX
"Why the hell would I know anything like that?" the assassin asks. "I was just hired to shoot him. If you want info like that, go find the Srum. I'm sure they'd be happy to help."

-

"Your father was a morally upright man, Vlad. When others doubted his choice to adopt you, since you were only half-Twi'lek and a slave, he stood by his decision as it was the morally right thing to do to give you a chance at a normal life. He sought the moral high ground at any cost. On Chandrila, that is not an issue; we consider ourselves moral elitists. Call us pretentious, but it has kept our planet clean and our people happy.

"After we adopted you, your father took a greater interest in fighting slavery in the Galaxy. Do you know of the Sentient Rights Committee?"

Craft
"How would I go about finding the Srum?" Wentar asks.

REXXXX
"Figure that out yourself," he says.

Spidervlad
Vlad listened closely, absorbing the infomation. "I am aware of what it is, but I only have limited knowledge about it. What does he have to do with it?"

REXXXX
Sorry, that's Commission*, not Committee. It deals exclusively with anti-slavery efforts within the Senate.

"Your father became an active member before his untimely death," Jane tells you. "He even became nominated for Chairman at one point, but there was an old favorite, Senator Farl of Triskatan, that beat him out... which he deemed odd. Farl was a hardliner who was rumored to abuse the position, so it was strange that your father did not take the seat. He decided to look into it... and found that Senator Farl had used bribery to maintain his position, along with a convenient success against a pirate clan he had been working against."

She pauses.

"Before I go on, I must tell you that this information is something I have never shared, for fear of sharing your father's fate. But I must fear no longer, for Senator Farl has been killed himself."

Spidervlad
Vlad tapped his finger on his lightsabre as Jane spoke, nodding soberly.

"This might be a good lead... When was Senator Farl killed?"

Craft
"I'm sure we can find some kind of deal," Wentar suggests, feeling that without the Assassins help he wont have a chance of tracking the Srum. "You tell me how I would find the Srum and perhaps I can do something for you."

REXXXX
"A week ago," Jane says. "On his homeworld. Assassins had been chasing him for some time, but his Jedi protector apparently failed this time... in any case, I always thought that Farl hired someone to take care of poor Hennesy. Now you can find out if I am right."

Jane offers a bittersweet smile.

"My grown-up son, a Jedi Knight..."

-

"What, you think the Triskies are gonna just let me walk?" he asks. "I didn't kill the Senator but you killed eveyone who did, they're gonna want to punish somebody."

Spidervlad
Vlad embraced his mother in a farewell hug, smiling.

"I promise, I will come back once this is done and we can celebrate, spend some time together. I long to spend some free time at home. "

With that, Vlad will return to his Jedi ship. He will contact Mace, inquiring about this Jedi protector as well as any information or resource the Order has on Senator Farl.

Craft
Wentar doesn't actually have the authority to cut any deals with this guy, does he?

"Possibly," Wentar says, changing the topic as he thinks things over. "Do you have any information about Senator Farl's... activities?"

REXXXX
The Order has loaned you a prototype to the Jedi starfighter- it will be some years before they start constructing them en masse.

Master Windu receives your message, appearing as a miniature hologram. He is still very imposing, nonetheless.

"Senator Garys Farl?" Windu asks. "Of Triskatan? I'm afraid that information is classified, Vlad. I have a feeling you already know that he's dead. What do you want with him?"

-

"Nope," the assassin says. "Like I said, I was just hired to kill him. Srum paid good money, I jumped at the job. Viriont was very convincing, said it'd be easy..."

Spidervlad
"Are all his illegal operations uncovered and stopped, then, Master?"

REXXXX
Windu raises an eyebrow, then understands.

"Your mother told you what your father discovered, didn't she?" Windu says. "I'm afraid I must ask you to keep such things to yourself, Vlad... Senator Farl has done some dispicable things with his position, but not everything he did was awful. His corrupt activities being kept top secret, to protect what good he did do.

"The Jedi that was protecting him is named Wentar Reiua. He is still on Triskatan... on vacation."

Windu pauses, studying you.

"Do you support your mother's theory, then? That Farl had someone murder Senator Renald."

Craft
"Why was he so sure it would be a simple task?" Wentar asks. "Someone inside Farl's tower perhaps?"

REXXXX
"Viriont just didn't think you'd be much of a problem," the assassin says. "Neither did Hanza."

Wait... THAT Hanza?!

Spidervlad
Vlad was a bit shocked that the Senators corruption and illegal activities were decided to be kept hidden, but after thinking about it for a few seconds he realized there would be no use in letting it be known publcly. It will achieve nohing but more insecurity about the state of the Republic.

"That knowledge will be hidden with me, Master. I will relay this to my mother as well."

"My Father was onto some of Farl's illegal activities. Chances are that he had my father assassinated so that the truth would never be discovered"

Vlad sighed as looked up from the hologram to the sun.

"I can't know for sure, however. And I can't even question him anymore..."

Craft
"How does this 'Hanza' fit into all this?" Wentar asks, hiding his surprise.

This has got to be a coincidence. Surely this is a different Hanza... Wentar thinks to himself, though he just can't shake that feeling that the Force is being mysterious again.

REXXXX
"He's my employer," the assassin says. "Shit if I care that you know that."

You don't know many Hanzas, must be said.

-

Windu sighs.

"Vlad, I cannot help but voice my concern. Your connection to your adoptive parents has always been a questionable one. It is uncommon for the Jedi Order to allow such things. I have honored Hennesy's request that you be allowed to stay in contact with your mother- it was his only stipulation for allowing us to train you. But now you are hunting his murderer. Do you understand how this looks, from a Jedi perspective?"

Craft
"Do you know where would I be able to find Hanza?"

REXXXX
"Nah. Viriont might've, but you killed his ass. I'd be dead too if I went up against your flashy Jedi sword."

He nods his head at your lightsaber.

Spidervlad
Vlad sighs as well, shaking his head slightly.

"I doubt I will ever be able to find the person who pointed the gun at my father. I simply wanted to find out the truth, Master. Yet would it not be reasonable for me to assist in closing this slave trade he began? The illegal operations he created must be stopped, and not just for the sake of Renald."

REXXXX
"An honorable intention, Vlad," Windu says. "If you feel it will help you gain closure with the situation, so be it. But remember, Vlad... you must be aware of your emotions, should you ever cross paths with that man, whoever he may be. Do not give in to anger and seek revenge; only justice."

Craft
"I gave him a chance to leave," Wentar says, slowly running out of anything useful to think of. "How did you get onto Triskatan anyway?"

REXXXX
"Snuck aboard a freighter," he says. "If you haven't noticed, we're pretty sneaky guys. Or we were, until you killed most of us."

Spidervlad
"Understood, Master. I will not let any emotions cloud my judgement. I am going to travel to Triskatan and contact Wentar."

REXXXX
Windu can help you out there- he gives you the contact number for Wentar on Triskatan, who has been healing up at a hospital there. Apparently he took quite a beating.

Craft
"Indeed," Wentar admits. "Where were you operating from? You assassins must have had a location where you were working out of."

Spidervlad
Vlad will thank his master and send a message to Wentar, requesting a hologram transfer between the two of them.

REXXXX
"We had an apartment on Coruscant, but we just met up there. Viriont set that up. After that, we just prepped and followed you here to Triskatan. Viriont had a ship, it's probably still in dock."

Emso interrupts your questioning at this point, Wentar. He tells you that you have a message waiting from you. The sender is a Jedi Knight.

Craft
Wentar will ask Emso to tell the Jedi that he will be with him in a minute.

"Tell me the apartment details and the name of Viriont's ship and I will be out of you hair, for now," Wentar says, standing up.

REXXXX
Seems Wentar is busy, Vlad...

"Blackstar, little space sloop. The apartment's on Coruscant. You won't find anything there. We cleaned it out. Viriont paid for it."

He gives you the address anyway.

REXXXX
Note- as a result of xp spending in the main Campaign, Wentar and Vlad have added an assortment of skills and schticks. Though not likely very timeline-consistent, you will be able to make use of whatever you have added.

Craft
I don't think there's anything else the assasin can tell me that Wentar can use. Maybe he can find something Viriont left behind on board the Blackstar.

"Thank you," Wentar says, satisfied with how cooperative the Assassin is. As he leaves he pauses by the door. "I never did catch your name..."

After he gets the name he will go and see who's trying to get a hold of him.

REXXXX
"I didn't give it," he returns with the classic riposte. He thinks better of it, though. "Tormund. Remember me when you catch your slavers."

The Jedi's name is Vlad Shafran, calling you all the way from Chandrila. You think you may have heard of him- a student to Master Windu, in fact. He appears to be half-Twi'lek...

Go dialogue!

Craft
"I will..."

Wentar adjusts his white tunic as he stands on the holo-pad.

"Greetings Vlad Shafran, sorry about the delay," Wentar says with a bow, curious about Vlad's half-Twi'lek appearance but says nothing of it. "What can I do for you?"

Spidervlad
Vlad performs a little bow himself, enjoying the warm
breeze on Chandrilla as he begins to speak.

"Greetings to you as well Wentar Reiua. Due to some personal ties with Senator Farl, I have been informed of his corruption. Master Windu has given me your location in case I wanted to contact you, as Farl's illicit operations are some what of a piece of unfinished business that I feel I should complete in order to put my mind at rest with this... So I simply ask of you if you would not mind me working with you on shutting down the traces and left overs of Farl's corruption"

Craft
"Well I-," Wentar halts mid sentence, after registering what Vlad actually said, completely thrown off by what he heard.

Is this a test set up by the Council? Wentar thinks, initially suspicious. He didn't exactly hide his displeasure over keeping Farl's corruption a secret...

He shakes his head, clearing his thoughts. "Forgive my asking, but what 'unfinished business' would you have concerning Garys Farl?"

Spidervlad
Vlas nods his head slightly, admiring the caution of the other Knight.

"My adopted Father was against all forms of slavery, and was part of a Committee made to stop it. Renald Hennesy was his name. Long story short, he found out that Farl was corrupt. He mut have decided that Renald was a threat, and hired someone to take care of him. Senator Farl can no longer be put to justice, so I figured the least I can do is clean up the mess that he left."

Craft
Wentar thinks this over for a minute, accepting that the Council wouldn't come up with such a story just to test if he could keep a secret.

Going out of his way to put an end to Farl's crimes seems like quite odd... Wentar thinks, before dismissing the thought. That doesn't matter. I'm doing the exact same thing, aren't I?

"I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your father... I'm sure he was a good man," Wentar says, bowing his head to express his condolence. "I would be more then happy to work with you, Vlad. I was just about to investigate a possible lead on Coruscant, I can meet you there unless you would rather meet here, on Triskatan, first."

Spidervlad
"I thank you, Wentar." replies Vlad, bowing how head slightly in thanks.
"I think we should just meet up on Coruscant, and you can inform me of the situation there"

Craft
"Indeed, I shall see you on Coruscant, then," Wentar says. "The stairs leading up to the Jedi Temple should be an easy meeting spot." He ends the transmission after that, wanting to get on the move as soon as possible. But before he leaves he has someone he needs to talk to.

"I'm off to Coruscant, Emso," he says, trying to smooth out his tattered robe. He hadn't spoken to Emso much since Farl's death. "What will you do now that your free?"

REXXXX
To Coruscant, then!

Vlad- before you go, your mother stops you.

"I thought maybe I could impart one last helpful word," Jane says.

-

"I want to go with you," Emso says.

...what?

Craft
"I thought you'd want to move on and leave anything to do with Farl behind," Wentar says, frowning, confused by Emso's response.

Spidervlad
Vlad smiles as his mother comes just in the nick of time as he is about to enter the cockpit of his spacecraft.

"Yes, mother?"

REXXXX
"I know much of Farl's dealings over the past few years," Emso says. "He bought me from Kylugo Srum. I want to help stop them. I owe you."

-

"Your father did not uncover Farl's dealings without help," Jane says. "There was a man that he turned to for information. You know him. His name is Marl Ademiro."

Marl... the slaver! The one that tried selling you!

Craft
"Emso... You don't owe me anything," Wentar states, feeling that, if anything, he was in debt to Emso. "I have no idea where this investigation will lead, but it will probably be extremely dangerous... Although, if your sure about this, I'm certain I could use your help."

Spidervlad
Vlad's jaw almost drops as his mother tells him this. He forced to calm himself and began organizing his thoughts.

"I see... Who else to have more info than the slavers themselves. Do you know what happened to Marl, mother?"

REXXXX
"I'm sure," Emso says. "I'm not totally helpless. I feared Farl, but there was a reason I was sold to him. I not the greatest shot, but I am no slacker with a blaster..."

-

"Marl was released from a Chandrilan penitentiary a few years ago," Jane says. "He was intended to remain on probation and report his location, but he has not kept up with it. Last we heard, he was on Nar Shaddaa."

Spidervlad
"That should be an interesting encounter" says Vlad.

"I will pay him a visit to see what he can tell us about Farl's corrupt operations. He may have very important information concerning that."

REXXXX
"Indeed. May the Force be with you, my son."

Jane hugs you again and sends you on your way.

How does Vlad feel about meeting with the man who enslaved him?

Spidervlad
No outright anger or thirst for vengeance, but rather a distaste that he has for all slavers. Vlad will also wan to make sure that Marl didn't start any new slaving operations...

REXXXX
Only one way to find out! Your visit will have to be paid after meeting up with Wentar on Coruscant, of course.

Spidervlad
Well then, off to Coruscant!

Craft
"Alright, go pack what ever you think you'll need," Wentar says. "We head to Coruscant within the hour."

Onward to Galactic City!

REXXXX
As Vlad enters Chandrila's atmosphere to link up with his Fighter's hyperspace ring, so does Wentar return to the Tower of Farl to retake the Free Flier on Triskatan. Vlad leaves behind his world of warm breezes and calm life as Wentar departs from the green sand dunes and red skies and white towers.

You arrive on Coruscant shortly after, as neither world is far from it. Wentar actually forgot to ask which starport Viriont the Assassin had landed at, so must radio back to Triskatan before he lands. With that done, he and Vlad both set their vessels down near the Blackstar in a dingy parking lot in the lower levels.

Craft
(*Facepalm* Yay! Stupid me!)

Wentar disembarks the Free Flier, eying the lower levels with a little distaste, the last time he was this far down it didn't end so well.

Wentar will wave Vlad over as he approaches the Blackstar. "Vlad! Good to see that you made it," he says, offering his hand. "I suppose we should get straight to business, yes?"

Spidervlad
Vlad bows his head and grasps Wentar's hand in sign of comradery.

"It is good to see you here safe as well." replies Vlad. "Don't like it here down in the lower levels. I'm afraid I've seen much worst, however."

"I have a lead which could prove to be useful. My father dug up all that evidence of corruption on Farl after consulting with a slaver who was caught. The slaver, named Marl Ademiro. The same slaver who I was taken from when he was caught. He got out a few years ago, and perhaps we can pay him a visit. Maybe he was part of Farl's operations back in the day before he got caught, or perhaps he knows someone who was."

REXXXX
While you two chatter, a quick description of the Blackstar:

It is a rectangular craft, thin and flat, with the narrow cockpit perched atop the ship. The black panels on the outside of the craft are actually meant to reflect sensors- a stealth ship. It sports a set of long narrow wings that run the length of the ship, close to the hull, that are covered in solar panels to absorb solar energy (not unlike a TIE Fighter). The support beams connecting the wings to the hull are absolutely jam-packed with blaster weapons on the front side, with ion thrusters on the back.

It can be accessed via a locked hatch on what would be the rear of the ship.

Craft
(Ohhh pretty! And of course the hatch is locked, probably booby trapped too...)

"It definitely sounds like it would be worth looking into," Wentar says, with a nod. "Emso, have you ever heard of this Marl Ademiro?"

REXXXX
Emso says that he has not.

"When was he last operating in the slavery rings?" Emso asks.

Spidervlad
"Before he got caught? Around eighteen years ago. Hopefully he didn't restart his operations after he got out" replies Vlad.

Craft
"Where are my manners? Vlad Shafran, this is Emso Crubo, he use the be a servant for the late Senator Farl. Emso, this is Vlad, he will be helping up in cleaning up Farl's operations," Wentar says, before getting back on track.

"Surely they would have had someone keep an eye on Marl after he got out to make sure he didn't fall back into slavery. Criminals like that just don't walk free."

REXXXX
"Unless they get lost in space beyond jurisdiction," Emso says. "Where was he caught and where is he now?"

Wentar, you've noticed that Emso has become more confident and engaging now that you've removed his metaphorical yoke. He's happy as a clam to be helping you.

Craft
Indeed! Wentar is extremely happy about that. It's a massive improvement from the guilt-ridden nervous wreck he was before.

Spidervlad
"Greetings Emso." replies Vlad to the introduction before getting back to business.

"He was caught on Chandrila, while my source told me that he w as last seen on Nar Shaddaa"

Craft
"Nar Shaddaa?" Wentar exclaims. "Sounds like he may have fallen back into his old habits..."

REXXXX
"The Chandrilans are in the Republic, so they can't keep track of him in Hutt Space," Emso says. "He would need to voluntarily check in. Unlikely. You'll have to search for him."

Spidervlad
"Indeed... We will need to snoop around Nar Shaddaa." mutters Vlad as he looks over at the ship parked not too far away from them.

"Is there any particular reason we are meeting in this... Unusual spot?"

REXXXX
Emso does not explain, leaving that up to Wentar, but starts walking around the ship to examine it.

Craft
"This ship belongs to a group of assassins that attempted to kill Farl," Wentar says, talking a look at the ship and starts to follow Emso. "Only one assassin survived and he told me about the ship. I figured that, since the assassins were hired by the Kylugo Srum, there would be clues or leads about Farls work or the Srum aboard that ship."

Spidervlad
Vlad nodded, following Wentar.

"We could probably find some sort of transmission logs or date on board the ship... Let's hope there's no traps."

REXXXX
Emso is using his technical skills to analyze the only hatch into the ship, thinking it would be best to break in by hacking the security system rather than forcing entry.

Craft
Wentar thinks similar. He's getting a little tired of sabering open doors anyway. stick out tongue

"That's the plan," Wentar says, watching Emso hack the hatch. I really need to learn how to do that some day...

REXXXX
So much door sabering, so difficult for poor, poor Wentar...

Emso uncovers the hatch on the control panel and starts fiddling with it. In no time, the hatch hisses open! No alarms have been triggered.

"Watch your step, though," Emso says.

Craft
"Suppose I'll go in first, eh?" he says with a faint grin.

Deactivated lightsaber in one hand, Wentar will carefully enter the hatch.

REXXXX
The hatch leads into a narrow cargo bay- the only piece of equipment in here is that speederbike that the Assassin escaped on after the shooting. Anything else that was in here has been removed. A lower hatch leads onward into the passenger seating. A ladder leads up to the cockpit, swinging out from the wall.

Craft
Wentar runs his hand along where he slashed the bike. It all could have ended then, he thinks to himself.

"Vlad! Check the passenger seating down stairs," Wentar calls to his fellow Jedi, snapping out of his thoughts. "Emso, come with me to the cockpit. Lets see where this ship has been."

Wentar will climb the ladder.

Spidervlad
Vlad will cautiously proceed to the passenger seating, trying to look for any clues or any items of interest.

REXXXX
Vlad- nothing. Just the seats.

Wentar- Emso checks the ship's travel logs, and reports that they have been wiped.

Spidervlad
"Nothing over here at the seats!" shouts over Vlad as he climbs back up from the passenger seat area.

Craft
Geh! I assume any communications have been wiped too. Is there anything on the ships computer?

Wentar grips his lightsaber tightly.
"Damn it," he mutters, he had been so certain they'd find something here.

REXXXX
It would seem not. The ship's computer has been wiped of everything but the systems necessary to function. Viriont was very thorough.

Emso does say that he can disarm the security systems and render the ship useable, however...

Spidervlad
Take the cool ship!

REXXXX
You could, if you so choose. The Blackstar reads as a Larger Ship with mildly improved Thrust and weaker Armor, but comes with the benefits of its stealthy add-ons. It is also far less blatant than the Jedi Fighter than Vlad is flitting around in, if you're aiming to go into Hutt Space looking for slavers.

Craft
Would we have any need for the Free Flier if we take the Blackstar?

REXXXX
Harsh way to treat your own ship! Free Flier has its own advantages of course; higher Armor, a Turret, and being Wentar's Favorite Ride.

Spidervlad
Vlad will take the Blackstar seeing as he doesn't have a ship of his own for now, and those Jedi prototypes are buggy as hell.

Craft
Hey now, I still love the Free Flier.

So we take both into Hutt space, since this lead was a bust. I doubt we'd find anything in the apartment...

REXXXX
Indeed.

Vlad- are you going to take the Blackstar and ditch your Jedi craft?

Spidervlad
Well, that would be very ungrateful towards the Order which let me borrow it, so I am guessing I will have to bring the Jedi Starcraft back to wherever the Order keeps it's ships. Can Emso pilot a ship so we won't have to come back for it?

REXXXX
Actually, he does have some piloting skill... not much, mind you.

Spidervlad
Well, okay, he can fly the Blackstar as we make our way to the Order to leave the prototype there.

REXXXX
"Why don't we take all three if you really want to?" Emso asks.

Craft
Yeah, he just needs to fly to the temple, nothing too fancy. Then Vlad can take over.

I'll let Vlad answer Emso, since the Prototype is his.

Spidervlad
"You think you can get the Blackstar to the Order building?" inquires Vlad as h examines the ship.

REXXXX
"Sure," Emso says. "Have it confiscated as evidence?"

Spidervlad
"I'll need to use it when we enter Hutt space, first. Don't want to be flying around there in a Jedi starfighter..."

Craft
Wentar sees what Emso is implying.

"If we take the Blackstar to the temple it will be taken from us as evidence," Wentar says, still hoping to salvage something from his lead. "I wasn't exactly... official with the information I gained, what with me technically being on vacation and all..."

Spidervlad
I thought this was an official case? Oh well.

"Emso can meet us somewhere else then, rather than following us to the Order"

REXXXX
It is not. Vlad has taken his own initiative here; his connection to Master Windu has allowed him to take the Jedi Fighter. Wentar has his own objectives.

So what is the plan from here?

Spidervlad
Vlad will fly the Jedi Starfighter back to the Order, leaving it there and informing Master Windu of the new lead that he caught onto. He will tell Mace that he is going to try and track the slaver down in Nar Shaddaa, and will be using a different ship in order to escape suspicion. Vlad will then ask Wentar to pick him up, and then we will rendezvous with Emso and the Blackstar and switch ships.

And then finally, we're off to Nar Shaddaa!

REXXXX
Does that work for Wentar?

Craft
Aye, sounds good. So long as we remember to use the stealth of the Blackstar when we leave. I doubt the assassins came in officially.

REXXXX
Alright!

Vlad, you return the Fighter. Windu is more than happy to take it back. The Prototype is still in testing anyway; he did not think you were the best candidate to test it to begin with. He bids you luck in your search, but reminds you that you have no authority in Hutt Space.

Then Wentar picks you up in the Free Flier! Any other preparations to make before you head to Nar Shaddaa?

Spidervlad
None for Vlad I believe.

Craft
Not that I know of. Blackstar, Jedi Fighter dropped off, picked up Vlad. I think we're set.

REXXXX
Then off to Nar Shaddaa!

The Blackstar handles very smoothly, Vlad- maybe heavier than that Jedi Fighter, but you're not complaining about it. Emso was sure to disable all the security systems, so you're not worried about being blown up or something while sitting here.

Blackstar and Free Flier rendezvous in orbit and launch into hyperspace, aimed for Hutt Space.

Craft
"So... When we get to Nar Shaddaa," Wentar says, opening a com channel to Vlad as he sets in the co-ordinates. "How exactly will we find Marl?"

Spidervlad
"I guess we'll have to visit a cantina or two, ask around about him. Hopefully we'll find someone with some information." replies Vlad.

Craft
"Indeed," Wentar says. "Though it is probably easier said then done..."

REXXXX
"I can try sending you to some of Farl's old contacts in Hutt Space," Emso says, "but I'm not sure how useful they'd be."

The journey to Nar Shaddaa is not a long one, but with all that you have done today, this flight is used as one for rest. You both settle comfortably into your seats to initiate a restful meditation...

Wentar has a dreamless sleep- he always did focus on the here and now- but Vlad is given a vision by the Force. Having used Dreams, it will be a cryptical series of jumbled images, but one can draw information from them...

-

In your dream, it is not Nar Shaddaa you arrive at, but a desolate, lonely dwarf planet. It has no name, a gray mass scarred with craters. It trails in a path of debris that has persisted since the creation of the system. The rocks pelt the surface near constantly.

Floating in the dwarf planet's shadow is a glinting metal object. A space station.

There is a man in charge there. You see him- a Rodian. Surrounded by scum. He is talking to a man... it is THAT man. You are sure of it!

The Rodian does not like that man being there. There is rivalry. Fear, even.

Fighters close in on the metal object, and it explodes in a vibrant flash...

-

Vlad, you awake. It is not often that you have visions. Make the most of it.

Spidervlad
I presume the man is the slaver who we are trying to reach? Hmm... Interesting. We don't want him to explode, at least not yet. Wentar you want to give Emso's contacts a go? Nothing else we can really start off from...

Craft
We could always split up if you still want to check out the cantinas. But yeah, Wentar will go see Farl's old contacts. If we do split up Emso can decide where he wants to go.

REXXXX
You did not see the man proper in your vision. Feel free to speculate.

Emso will be staying with you at all times, Wentar. He feels obligated to watch your back.

The Blackstar and the Free Flier drop out of hyperspace at roughly the same time, side by side, into Nar Shaddaa's orbit. As a reminder, Nar Shaddaa is an ecumenopolis in the same vein that Coruscant is, but its cities are not tall- they are low. They go down into the surface of Nar Shaddaa rather than raising up like skyscrapers. It is a filthy world and rife with illicit dealings and scummy sorts.

Vlad is surprised to receive a hail almost immediately.

Spidervlad
Ah, I knew there was something to this ship.

Vlad will first comm in to Wentar saying that someone is trying to contact the ship.

He will then open up the transmission, but turn off any visuals and not speaking just yet.

Craft
Yay! Emso is fast becoming my favorite NPC.

"See what they want," Wentar replies to Vlad. "They'll probably be expecting Viriont and his band of assassins. Perhaps this can help us get more info about Farl and the Srum."

While Vlad is talking to mystery communicator, Wentar will talk to Emso.

"So tell me more about these 'contacts' we'll be meetings," Wentar says to Emso as they enter orbit.

REXXXX
"There is a mouthpiece for the Kylugo Srum that sells slaves to the highest bidders here in Hutt Space," Emso says. "She operates out of Nar Shaddaa. Her name is Edula."

Craft
"What do you know about Edula?" Wentar asks. (I'm assuming Wentar's never heard of her.)

REXXXX
You haven't.

"She's mean and abrasive," Emso says. "Farl dealt with her on occasion. He didn't like doing so. She does her job well, and I think that speaks for itself."

Craft
"Guess that's what we should expect when dealing with people in Nar Shaddaa," Wentar says, shaking his head. "Farl's death probably wont improve her mood either..."

REXXXX
"She probably couldn't care less," Emso says. "She hated him."

Craft
"Maybe that can work to our advantage, after all I was the Jedi who failed to protect him," Wentar says.

Actually makes me wonder how we'll do this. Vlad you reckon we should go in undercover-like? Somehow I doubt spreading word that Jedi are poking around in pirate business would work in our favor.

Spidervlad
Going undercover we would need to be lying - alot. Since we don't have that skill I don't think that it will work out.

Craft
Actually Wentar picked up lying at the end of the interlude! With presence (+3) and his Charisma at 5 even at 1 it can be useful.

Spidervlad
Oh, my bad, was on the IPhone too lazy at the time to check archives. Vlad has intimidation, so I think we should actually go ahead and try going undercover. We don't have any authoity as Jedi here anyway.

Craft
Indeed, doubt anyone here would respond well to Jedi...

REXXXX
If going undercover is your aim, what do you intend to go undercover as? Do either of you have Savoir-Faire?

Craft
I'm thinking Smugglers, everyone loves smugglers! Wentar does, at 2, while Vlad doesn't.

Trowl
Sir, Vlad is a maniacal maniac. We can not have him running our operations.

Spidervlad
I like her - can we keep her? stick out tongue

Craft
Too late! She's gone! stick out tongue

Vlad are you gonna ask who's calling you?

REXXXX
Trolls in space...? I just banned someone from my 0hone, how awesome is that?

Wentar will have to do most of the talking it seems! With knowledge of being a smuggler and a bit of a knack for fibbing. Vlad can be the muscle.

What is your ploy for finding out info about Marl? He has disappeared into the underworld for all you know.

Edula is much easier to find. It is a matter of getting an audience.

Craft
That is awesome.

Info about Marl will require some thinking. I suppose we could ask if anybody has heard of him, not sure how much of a name he would have made for himself before he got caught.

As for Edula we could go to her claiming we'd be interested in working for them, Slavers and Smugglers go hand in hand sometimes.

REXXXX
That they do.

And Vlad DOES need to answer the call... or not. You are surprised that they even detected you. Must be some homing beacon onboard.

Spidervlad
I thought I could just open up the transmission and see what they say. Didn't want my voice to give anything away. Oh well, I'll give it a try.

Vlad will answer the call. "Greetings."

REXXXX
You could let them leave a message, if you wanted to do that.

Spidervlad
Screw it, let them come to us if they find out we are not who they think we are. We could, after all, say that we found the ship lying around on Coruscant.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>