Thanos vs Odin: War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Thanos is gathering a force to invade Asgard. Odin has gathered reinforcements and is ready for the rematch!

-----

Thanos' Squad: Blackheart, Loki, Stardust and Sentry (Void)

vs

Odin's Force: Thor, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt and Beta Ray Bill

kgkg
Thanos and Odin taking part in the battle?

Starscream M
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos and Odin taking part in the battle? they fight as well.

Lord Feron
OF FTW

Spire
Thanos does it alone seeing as how after his power-up, he is exactly 3.87 times as strong as Odin.

galactusischere
Team bad guys FTW.

King Kandy
Thanos. Better team and is at least Odin's equal.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

JakeTheBank
Team Odin.

xJLxKing
Odin.

He is all that is needed. Thanos still loses to him. He then proceeds to kill the others with one hit each.

JakeTheBank
Not to mention, simply being in Asgard means that Odin could amp himself and others (namely Thor and BRB).

xJLxKing
To be honest, he wont need to.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Odin.

He is all that is needed. Thanos still loses to him. He then proceeds to kill the others with one hit each. Do you realize Odin never once defeated Thanos.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you realize Odin never once defeated Thanos.
Except that one time when he defeated him on panel. no expression

janus77
close but Team O ftw.

Sentry would probably be a good match for Surfer, though I think Surfer might be able to leave him stranded in the microverse or in hyperspace or something.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Except that one time when he defeated him on panel. no expression

thanks for that. you actually made me laugh.

quanchi112
Except that one time when he defeated him on panel. no expression It ended in a standoff. If you consider a standoff a victory then I don't know what else to say.

kgkg
Getting tossed around is a standoff now?

quanchi112
Getting tossed around is a standoff now? Marvel stated in a bio it ended in a standoff. How would you say it ended?

Nihilist
Getting tossed around is a standoff now? Odin sent him flying once, thats hardly "tossed around"

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
Odin sent him flying once, thats hardly "tossed around" People tend to exaggerate and try to pretend Odin wasn't trying to kill him, his son wasn't brought their in chains, and asgard wasn't being invaded in Odin's eyes. Yeah, Odin was just having fun at another typical asgardian bbq.

Omega Vision
It ended in a standoff. If you consider a standoff a victory then I don't know what else to say.
Usually standoffs entail both parties being roughly equals in power, in this case Thanos was barely able to stand and Odin looked like he was ready to go another hundred rounds.

When a war happens in the real world and one side runs roughshod over the other side until the war is interrupted by a UN ceasefire that doesn't make it a standoff, that makes it an interrupted war that had it gone on much longer would have ended in the utter defeat of the weaker party.

In the Gulf War the Coalition Forces withdrew rather than pressing the advantage and invading further but everyone would agree that it wasn't a standoff, the Iraqi Military got raped.

kgkg
Originally posted by Nihilist
Odin sent him flying once, thats hardly "tossed around" He was sent flying ones and on his knees the second time , it was pretty clear Thanos could not do anything to Odin.

Omega Vision
He was sent flying ones and on his knees the second time , it was pretty clear Thanos could not do anything to Odin.
His fight was pretty analogous to the famous bout between Thing and Champion.

quanchi112
Usually standoffs entail both parties being roughly equals in power, in this case Thanos was barely able to stand and Odin looked like he was ready to go another hundred rounds.

When a war happens in the real world and one side runs roughshod over the other side until the war is interrupted by a UN ceasefire that doesn't make it a standoff, that makes it an interrupted war that had it gone on much longer would have ended in the utter defeat of the weaker party.

In the Gulf War the Coalition Forces withdrew rather than pressing the advantage and invading further but everyone would agree that it wasn't a standoff, the Iraqi Military got raped. You described a stalemate which I think it was anyways but marvel described it as a standoff which we literally see at the end of the fight.

He was sent flying ones and on his knees the second time , it was pretty clear Thanos could not do anything to Odin. When did Odin win the fight?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Good fight.... Even split

Nihilist
He was sent flying ones and on his knees the second time , it was pretty clear Thanos could not do anything to Odin. He sent him flying once after he blasted him with the Gungnir then he only went to his knees after he forced his way through the Gungnir blasts and caused the energy to build up and cause a backlash.

kgkg
When did Odin win the fight? The fight never ended. But that does not mean it was standoff when Odin was putting Thanos down while Thanos could not do anything to Odin if fight continued Odin would win.

It would be standoff if both characters were at the same ball park in offense/defense which was hardly the case in that fight.

quanchi112
The fight never ended. But that does not mean it was standoff when Odin was putting Thanos down while Thanos could not do anything to Odin if fight continued Odin would win.

It would be standoff if both characters were at the same ball park in offense/defense which was hardly the case in that fight. So basically you don't know what standoff means. You are like omega who thinks standoff means stalemate.

Spire
Sure, standoff...

They were both standing and Odin decided not to kill Thanos.

Omega Vision
You described a stalemate which I think it was anyways but marvel described it as a standoff which we literally see at the end of the fight.

When did Odin win the fight?
Both words stalemate and standoff imply that there isn't a clear superior which there was. There is literally no argument you can make for Thanos's superiority or even parity in that case with regards to Odin but you can point to the damage Thanos suffered when contrasted with the near total lack of wear and tear Odin experienced as proof of Odin's superiority.

Here's a parallel:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/action638-2122horus.jpg
As you can see Darkseid forces Superman to his knees with a handblast but Superman never concedes and he doesn't actually fall unconscious or anything like that. Its still unambiguous that Darkseid won that encounter. The same applies to the Odin fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire
Sure, standoff...

They were both standing and Odin decided not to kill Thanos. Odin already wanted to kill Thanos and already thought he had been defeated but his respect for him as a worthy opponent had him give him the chance to surrender. Thanos said nah.Originally posted by Omega Vision
Both words stalemate and standoff imply that there isn't a clear superior which there was. There is literally no argument you can make for Thanos's superiority or even parity in that case with regards to Odin but you can point to the damage Thanos suffered when contrasted with the near total lack of wear and tear Odin experienced as proof of Odin's superiority.

Here's a parallel:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/action638-2122horus.jpg
As you can see Darkseid forces Superman to his knees with a handblast but Superman never concedes and he doesn't actually fall unconscious or anything like that. Its still unambiguous that Darkseid won that encounter. The same applies to the Odin fight. Marvel acknowledges standoff and we see it on panel. Your beef isn't with me it's with the company.

kgkg
So basically you don't know what standoff means. You are like omega who thinks standoff means stalemate. Look a the definition in a dictionary and get back to me please a draw or stalemate is what standoff means.

quanchi112
Look a the definition in a dictionary and get back to me please a draw or stalemate is what standoff means. You disagree with marvel not me. I didn't write their bio. It seems a lot of people are so upset they want to disregard what happened in the comic and what the bio states.

Harbinger
Not even sure why Thanos and Odin get put in VS matchups anymore. Against one another, that is.

janus77
Odin didn't beat Thanos, but he did damn well beat Thanos up.

Batman-Prime
Team Odin easy. Even the most retarded Thanos clone knew that his daddy had lost, he had no hope of winning. Good thing the fight was interrupted, else Thanos would be dead... oh wait!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Team Odin easy. Even the most retarded Thanos clone knew that his daddy had lost, he had no hope of winning. Good thing the fight was interrupted, else Thanos would be dead... oh wait! No hope of winning and actually lost are two totally different outcomes. Thanos wasn't beaten.

shiv
Thanos wasn't beaten.

QFT

quanchi112
Originally posted by shiv
QFT Marvel disagrees along with the comic.

Omega Vision
Marvel disagrees along with the comic.
Marvel Editorial also stands by Brand New Day. Lots of geniuses there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Black bolt z
In a fight between current thanos and odin i would say thanos but with those people on his team I would have to vote for team odin.Sorry thanos...

quanchi112
Marvel Editorial also stands by Brand New Day. Lots of geniuses there. roll eyes (sarcastic) So marvel doesn't decide what counts and what doesn't for marvel?

Black bolt z
Well I guess if team thanos has prep time they would win.

Omega Vision
So marvel doesn't decide what counts and what doesn't for marvel?
All I'm saying is that you can't take statements from editorial as comic canon because all too often editors don't really understand what they're doing.

quanchi112
All I'm saying is that you can't take statements from editorial as comic canon because all too often editors don't really understand what they're doing. It's exactly how the comic ended. Seriously.

Omega Vision
It's exactly how the comic ended. Seriously.
The fight ended with Thanos barely able to stand and Odin perfectly fine. No matter what the official "outcome" is it doesn't change the fact that Odin dominated the fight all the way through, at no point did Thanos hold the advantage or even appear to be on even footing.

quanchi112
The fight ended with Thanos barely able to stand and Odin perfectly fine. No matter what the official "outcome" is it doesn't change the fact that Odin dominated the fight all the way through, at no point did Thanos hold the advantage or even appear to be on even footing. It ended in a standoff. You don't see too many characters after beating people saying do you give up do you?

Again, the fight is immaterial the end result was a standoff. Marvel agrees. I am right like usual.

Omega Vision
It ended in a standoff. You don't see too many characters after beating people saying do you give up do you?

Again, the fight is immaterial the end result was a standoff. Marvel agrees. I am right like usual.
"The fight was immaterial?" "I'm right as usual?"

Congratulations Quan, you are officially the first person to fail the Turning Test. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
"The fight was immaterial?" "I'm right as usual?"

Congratulations Quan, you are officially the first person to fail the Turning Test. roll eyes (sarcastic) What is in question is how the fight ended. You cannpt even stick to the topic and want to address the fight which is immaterial to how it ended.

Omega Vision
What is in question is how the fight ended. You cannpt even stick to the topic and want to address the fight which is immaterial to how it ended.
The fight that precedes the ending is much more important than a questionable editorial statement. If we went by a points system like in boxing Odin would be the clear and unquestioned winner of the bout.

quanchi112
The fight that precedes the ending is much more important than a questionable editorial statement. If we went by a points system like in boxing Odin would be the clear and unquestioned winner of the bout. It isn't question it's literally how the fight ended. you really don't even grasp the most direct panels. This isn't a boxing match.

Omega Vision
It isn't question it's literally how the fight ended. you really don't even grasp the most direct panels. This isn't a boxing match.
If it were a boxing match Thanos's corner guy would have ended the fight way earlier.

quanchi112
If it were a boxing match Thanos's corner guy would have ended the fight way earlier. First off Thanos wouldn't need a corner guy. Secondly, the fight ended in a standoff.

Omega Vision
First off Thanos wouldn't need a corner guy. Secondly, the fight ended in a standoff.
Thanos was probably wishing he had a corner guy when he got hit by the last Gungnir blast. erm

quanchi112
Thanos was probably wishing he had a corner guy when he got hit by the last Gungnir blast. erm You mean after he waded through it and Odin had to fight him off for control of it, nah. A Thanos clone easily negated Odin after this conflict which Odin created.

JakeTheBank
It was obvious Odin looked to be Thanos' superior in that fight. Sure you could call it a standoff or stalemate, but there was no question who looked the worse for wear when the fight ended.

Omega Vision
You mean after he waded through it and Odin had to fight him off for control of it, nah. A Thanos clone easily negated Odin after this conflict which Odin created.
(1) I also recall a brief struggle between Thanos and Dr Doom for the IG. That doesn't mean they were anywhere close in terms of power.
(2) Didn't he poison Odin? erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It was obvious Odin looked to be Thanos' superior in that fight. Sure you could call it a standoff or stalemate, but there was no question who looked the worse for wear when the fight ended. I've always stated Odin was winning but to say Odin won is ignoring the comic and how it ended.

Omega Vision
I've always stated Odin was winning but to say Odin won is ignoring the comic and how it ended.
^This post makes no ****ing sense.

quanchi112
(1) I also recall a brief struggle between Thanos and Dr Doom for the IG. That doesn't mean they were anywhere close in terms of power.
(2) Didn't he poison Odin? erm Thanos was more powerful than Doom. To even state something so ignorant and make a false comparison makes me question your age.Originally posted by Omega Vision
^This post makes no ****ing sense. How doesn't it? Odin was winning the fight but didn't actually win and the fight stopped and ended in a standoff.

Omega Vision
Thanos was more powerful than Doom. To even state something so ignorant and make a false comparison makes me question your age. How doesn't it? Odin was winning the fight but didn't actually win and the fight stopped and ended in a standoff.
The struggle for Gungnir wasn't exactly tense, Odin was fighting off the frail attempts of a half-beaten-to-death fool who didn't know when to quit at wresting control of his weapon.
No matter what you want to believe there is no indication that the fight was close enough to call a standoff. More like Thanos's life was saved thanks to the interruption.

quanchi112
The struggle for Gungnir wasn't exactly tense, Odin was fighting off the frail attempts of a half-beaten-to-death fool who didn't know when to quit at wresting control of his weapon.
No matter what you want to believe there is no indication that the fight was close enough to call a standoff. More like Thanos's life was saved thanks to the interruption. Odin wouldn't praise Thanos if he were nothing compared to him. You want to ignore his dialogue as well as marvel's opinion. It's impossible to debate with posters who ignore what happens in the books.

Omega Vision
Odin wouldn't praise Thanos if he were nothing compared to him. You want to ignore his dialogue as well as marvel's opinion. It's impossible to debate with posters who ignore what happens in the books.
Champion praised Thing didn't he? Doesn't mean Thing is on even footing with Champion or even close.

quanchi112
Champion praised Thing didn't he? Doesn't mean Thing is on even footing with Champion or even close. Why do you keep citing other characters here. You ignore the comic and draw whatever conclusions you can think of to slight mighty Thanos. Marvel and reality disagrees with you.

Omega Vision
Why do you keep citing other characters here. You ignore the comic and draw whatever conclusions you can think of to slight mighty Thanos. Marvel and reality disagrees with you.
I cite other characters because you don't understand how untenable your argument is. The fight was by no means a close one. Thanos lost and if Marvel says otherwise then they're contradicting themselves because they wrote it as a defeat for Thanos and later had a Thanosi admit it as a defeat.

quanchi112
I cite other characters because you don't understand how untenable your argument is. The fight was by no means a close one. Thanos lost and if Marvel says otherwise then they're contradicting themselves because they wrote it as a defeat for Thanos and later had a Thanosi admit it as a defeat. You disregard how the fight ended, the situation in what odin deemed was important, and Odin's complimentary words toward Thanos. You don't care what happened in the comic.

Batman-Prime
I cite other characters because you don't understand how untenable your argument is. The fight was by no means a close one. Thanos lost and if Marvel says otherwise then they're contradicting themselves because they wrote it as a defeat for Thanos and later had a Thanosi admit it as a defeat.

Quit it. Honestly. It's a waste of time and it isn't funny after a while I guess.
U know you are right, I know that you are right and most people agree with you.
Also you know he is wrong and that he will never submit, because it's his fav char.
No one can change his mind about that i guess, except for an miracle.
Citing other characters was quite good though, he does it all the time and now he complains.
Hopefully with Thanos coming back we might finally judge his powerlevel with his mysterious "upgrades".
I don't think that he will be much more powerful then he was before his death but let's see.

So, as for this fight. I think Odin would handle Sentry and Thanos fine enough, though Sentry is clearly the wild card.
Unless he shows that he can indeed stalemate Galactus or that he is on Skyfather level I wouldn't give Team 1 the win or a chance at all.
CIS is on, this is Sentrys greatest weakness, arguably the greatest jobber of all here.
Killing him might be impossible, even for Odin, but a Skyfather should be able to BFR him at least IMO or KO him long enough for an legit win.
SIEGE is still on, so it's best to wait a little bit longer to make a final decison about Sentry.

Omega Vision
Quit it. Honestly. It's a waste of time and it isn't funny after a while I guess.
Also you know he is wrong and that he will never submit, because it's his fav char.
Citing other characters was quite good though, he does it all the time and now he complains.

I guess I'm the Odin in this situation and he's the Thanos. He'll probably claim he won this match or say it ended in a standoff because I stopped posting because I didn't feel like beating a dead horse anymore. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
laughing

Batman-Prime
I guess I'm the Odin in this situation and he's the Thanos. He'll probably claim he won this match or say it ended in a standoff because I stopped posting because I didn't feel like beating a dead horse anymore. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wait till he gets his upgrades durfist

Omega Vision
Wait till he gets his upgrades durfist
He'll point to him being able to knock an unsuspecting H1a8 on his ass in a debate as proof that he's above me as a debater. stick out tongue

galactusischere
Meh, team Thanos is better due to Sentry being there. And Odin isn't THAT much more powerful than Thanos either.

the Darkone
Odin and his team will thrash Thanos team, they are on his turf. Odin put's on the destroyer armor and it's over before it begins. Odin and team for the clear majority.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin and his team will thrash Thanos team, they are on his turf. Odin put's on the destroyer armor and it's over before it begins. Odin and team for the clear majority.
Yeah I'd love to see Thanos try and stand up to Odin when he's in Destroyer Armor with the Odinsword.

galactusischere
He doesn't get the Destroyer Armor or the Odinsword, assuming that this guy wanted a fair fight.

the Darkone
Originally posted by galactusischere
He doesn't get the Destroyer Armor or the Odinsword, assuming that this guy wanted a fair fight.

Well let him say it! Until then Odin has too many ways of beating Thanos team. Odin bust out casket of winter, like I said Odin team wins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by the Darkone
Well let him say it! Until then Odin has too many ways of beating Thanos team. Odin bust out casket of winter, like I said Odin team wins. Odin doesn't get those weapons...just like Thanos isn't getting any infinity gems

quanchi112
Hopefully with Thanos coming back we might finally judge his powerlevel with his mysterious "upgrades".
I don't think that he will be much more powerful then he was before his death but let's see.

So, as for this fight. I think Odin would handle Sentry and Thanos fine enough, though Sentry is clearly the wild card.
Unless he shows that he can indeed stalemate Galactus or that he is on Skyfather level I wouldn't give Team 1 the win or a chance at all.
CIS is on, this is Sentrys greatest weakness, arguably the greatest jobber of all here.
Killing him might be impossible, even for Odin, but a Skyfather should be able to BFR him at least IMO or KO him long enough for an legit win.
SIEGE is still on, so it's best to wait a little bit longer to make a final decison about Sentry. Speculating as to what power level Thanos will be at is completely different than to what power level he was at pre death. Originally posted by Omega Vision
I guess I'm the Odin in this situation and he's the Thanos. He'll probably claim he won this match or say it ended in a standoff because I stopped posting because I didn't feel like beating a dead horse anymore. roll eyes (sarcastic) Marvel reaffirms my thoughts. You just disregard what took place in the comic.

kgkg
You disagree with marvel not me. I didn't write their bio. It seems a lot of people are so upset they want to disregard what happened in the comic and what the bio states. So you want to rely on bio to prove a point when you can see for yourself in the comic.

I thought you would know that bio's are full of nonsense that contradict comic book deception.

kevdude
Speculating as to what power level Thanos will be at is completely different than to what power level he was at pre death. Marvel reaffirms my thoughts. You just disregard what took place in the comic.

Well if it is true Marvel states the fight ended in a standoff the only way that would make sense is that they are using that as they was both at least in Thanos behalf he was still standing along with Odin. Although no time in the fight was Odin bloody or even knocked down. He merely kept upping his powerlevels to the point if the fight did not end when it did Odin prob would have not stopped until Thanos was beaten so badly he wouldn't be able to move at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Well if it is true Marvel states the fight ended in a standoff the only way that would make sense is that they are using that as they was both at least in Thanos behalf he was still standing along with Odin. Although no time in the fight was Odin bloody or even knocked down. He merely kept upping his powerlevels to the point if the fight did not end when it did Odin prob would have not stopped until Thanos was beaten so badly he wouldn't be able to move at all. The fight ENDED in a standoff. What happened prior to is inconsequential.

So you want to rely on bio to prove a point when you can see for yourself in the comic.

I thought you would know that bio's are full of nonsense that contradict comic book deception. The comic shows them both standing there ready to face off. I don't need any bio to make my case for me as we literally see it on the page.

Omega Vision
The fight ENDED in a standoff. What happened prior to is inconsequential.

Not at all. The prior events show that no matter what the resolution was Odin dominated the fight right up till the end. On the off chance that Thanos could have pulled something out of his ass and won (highly unlikely if not impossible) it still would have been related to some trickery as it was clear he wasn't close to Odin's peer in terms of power.

quanchi112
Not at all. The prior events show that no matter what the resolution was Odin dominated the fight right up till the end. On the off chance that Thanos could have pulled something out of his ass and won (highly unlikely if not impossible) it still would have been related to some trickery as it was clear he wasn't close to Odin's peer in terms of power. So if I ask someone how the fight ended what answer do you expect?

Seriously, I am starting to question your intelligence here.

Omega Vision
So if I ask someone how the fight ended what answer do you expect?

Seriously, I am starting to question your intelligence here.
You've asked the question before. Most people say Odin won. no expression

Kid Kurdy
You've asked the question before. Most people say Odin won. no expression
Correction: almost everybody says Odin won.

quanchi112
You've asked the question before. Most people say Odin won. no expression So them standing off when the fight ended is me being inaccurate? Answer the question.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
Thanos is gathering a force to invade Asgard. Odin has gathered reinforcements and is ready for the rematch!

-----

Thanos' Squad: Blackheart, Loki, Stardust and Sentry (Void)

vs

Odin's Force: Thor, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt and Beta Ray Bill

meh, thanos attacks them during the odin sleep.

/thread

cool

Donner
Odin and Thanos's fight... I agree with Omega.

If you go into a fight with someone on the street and the police finally shows up and interrupts the fight. Would it be a stand-off/stalemate if one person was standing(barely panting) and the other was on his knees, having seen better days?

Surely there is a clear winner there, even if "none" was declared and the fight was interrupted? confused

Omega Vision
So them standing off when the fight ended is me being inaccurate? Answer the question.
Look Odin dominated the fight and took no damage while inflicting great damage on Thanos. If the fight had gone on longer Odin would have kept upping the ante until Thanos wouldn't be able to get up again. It was a case of beatdown-interruptus, not a stand off.

quanchi112
Look Odin dominated the fight and took no damage while inflicting great damage on Thanos. If the fight had gone on longer Odin would have kept upping the ante until Thanos wouldn't be able to get up again. It was a case of beatdown-interruptus, not a stand off. Again, how did the fight end? I could care less what happened before just answer the question.

King Kandy
I think Thanos lost the fight... however he has been upgraded since then and now imo would almost certainly win.

Omega Vision
Again, how did the fight end? I could care less what happened before just answer the question.
It didn't "end" it was interrupted. But when it was interrupted Odin had the clear upper hand. You're doing the same shit you try with ODG. This "answer the question" bullshit doesn't work, especially considering you never answer other people's questions.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think Thanos lost the fight... however he has been upgraded since then and now imo would almost certainly win.
Odin is dead, so yeah of course current Thanos would win. I think its too early to count your chickens on Thanos's power level.

JakeTheBank
I think it's kind of misleading to state that Thanos' vague upgrade coupled with his tossing of Galactus means he's > Odin, now. Thanos doesn't seem to have the overall firepower that Odin can unleash despite his crazy durability to take said punishment.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The entire notion that Thanos is somehow on Odin's level because Odin did not knock him out or kill him is ridiculous.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin1.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin2.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin3.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin4.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin6.jpg

eek! OMGZ!!!!!!!!!@ THOR = ODIN!!!!!!

Just because Thor withstood attacks from a blood lusted Odin (This Odin was Galaxy busting by the way an issue before this.) and was not down does not in anyway indicate them to be peers or on the same level. The same goes for Thor surviving an onslaught of energy attacks from a host of merciless Celestials.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The entire notion that Thanos is somehow on Odin's level because Odin did not knock him out or kill him is ridiculous.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin1.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin2.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin3.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin4.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_ThorvsOdin6.jpg

Just because Thor withstood attacks from a blood lusted Odin (This Odin was Galaxy busting by the way an issue before this.) and was not down does not in anyway indicate them to be peers or on the same level. The same goes for Thor surviving an onslaught of energy attacks from a host of merciless Celestials.
thumb up Durability does not equal firepower, otherwise Spider-Man would be a Top-Tier with all the shit he's survived.

quanchi112
It didn't "end" it was interrupted. But when it was interrupted Odin had the clear upper hand. You're doing the same shit you try with ODG. This "answer the question" bullshit doesn't work, especially considering you never answer other people's questions. So iyo the fight never ended? laughing out loud

You do everything but answer the question which proves ho wbiased you are. It ended in a standoff. If you claim it hasn't ended I can't expect you to understand anything which takes place in a comic.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Just because Thor withstood attacks from a blood lusted Odin (This Odin was Galaxy busting by the way an issue before this.) and was not down does not in anyway indicate them to be peers or on the same level. The same goes for Thor surviving an onslaught of energy attacks from a host of merciless Celestials. Thor fled attacks from odin in the arc and Thanos did not. Thanos has also proven to be Thor's superior.

Omega Vision
So iyo the fight never ended? laughing out loud

You do everything but answer the question which proves ho wbiased you are. It ended in a standoff. If you claim it hasn't ended I can't expect you to understand anything which takes place in a comic. Thor fled attacks from odin in the arc and Thanos did not. Thanos has also proven to be Thor's superior.
The fight ended but not in the conventional way. They never fought to the resolution so it is more of an incomplete fight than a standoff. Again you cannot call the First Gulf War a standoff just because we didn't capture Baghdad just as you can't all this fight a standoff just because Odin never put Thanos down for the count. For a victory all that is required is that you humble your opponent and defeat them at every turn. Such was the case in the Persian Gulf War and such was the case in the Odin-Thanos fight.

Kid Kurdy
It ended in a standoff.
Probably the biggest lie on this forum. If you are so sure, why don't you create a new thread with a poll ?

You won't like the outcome...

quanchi112
The fight ended but not in the conventional way. They never fought to the resolution so it is more of an incomplete fight than a standoff. Again you cannot call the First Gulf War a standoff just because we didn't capture Baghdad just as you can't all this fight a standoff just because Odin never put Thanos down for the count. For a victory all that is required is that you humble your opponent and defeat them at every turn. Such was the case in the Persian Gulf War and such was the case in the Odin-Thanos fight. Again so now you are saying it did end but backtracking and stating not in a conventional way. You can't even keep your story straight.

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Probably the biggest lie on this forum. If you are so sure, why don't you create a new thread with a poll ?

You won't like the outcome... I read the comic so what's the point. Marvel backs me up not you making me right.

Omega Vision
Again so now you are saying it did end but backtracking and stating not in a conventional way. You can't even keep your story straight.

I read the comic so what's the point. Marvel backs me up not you making me right.
Odin beat Thanos, that story has never changed.

quanchi112
Odin beat Thanos, that story has never changed. When did he beat him? So the fight ended with Odin's victory right? is that what you care claiming this post?

Omega Vision
When did he beat him? So the fight ended with Odin's victory right? is that what you care claiming this post?
It ended with an interruption but you can't say Odin didn't win the fight just because Thanos never fell down for the count.
Damage suffered-Thanos takes the worst of it by far-Point to Odin
Damage dished out-Odin dealt a lot more than Thanos who barely did anything but take it-Point to Odin
State at the end of the fight-Odin because there wasn't a scratch on him while Thanos could barely stand.

There's literally no way you can say Odin didn't win.

quanchi112
It ended with an interruption but you can't say Odin didn't win the fight just because Thanos never fell down for the count.
Damage suffered-Thanos takes the worst of it by far-Point to Odin
Damage dished out-Odin dealt a lot more than Thanos who barely did anything but take it-Point to Odin
State at the end of the fight-Odin because there wasn't a scratch on him while Thanos could barely stand.

There's literally no way you can say Odin didn't win. So now Odin didn't win? You go back and forth and you still expect me to take you seriously?

How did it end?

I didn't say summarize the fight I asked you to tell me how the fight ended. You can't do it.

Omega Vision
So now Odin didn't win? You go back and forth and you still expect me to take you seriously?

How did it end?

I didn't say summarize the fight I asked you to tell me how the fight ended. You can't do it.
Did you read my post? I said Odin won. I said "there is literally no way you can say Odin didn't win". Are you illiterate or just stupid?

quanchi112
Did you read my post? I said Odin won. I said "there is literally no way you can say Odin didn't win". Are you illiterate or just stupid? When did he win? Why would Odin ask Thanos to yield if he won?

Omega Vision
When did he win? Why would Odin ask Thanos to yield if he won?
Let me ask you something: what has to happen in your view to constitute a win?

In my view victory need not require death, unconsciousness or even submission. Its like Thing vs Champion: Thing never died, fell unconscious, or submitted but he still lost his fight with Champion and only "won" a spiritual victory.

quanchi112
Let me ask you something: what has to happen in your view to constitute a win?

In my view victory need not require death, unconsciousness or even submission. Its like Thing vs Champion: Thing never died, fell unconscious, or submitted but he still lost his fight with Champion and only "won" a spiritual victory. Koing or actually beating the opponent. I guess if the Spectre/Shazam fight had stopped before the Spectre killed him you'd say the Spectre lost. if you don't beat your opponent it's not a win. Saying Odin was winning is fine and the thought he had won but when he realized Thanos was still in it he gave him the chance to surrender and Thanos turned him down meaning it wasn't over.

Omega Vision
Koing or actually beating the opponent. I guess if the Spectre/Shazam fight had stopped before the Spectre killed him you'd say the Spectre lost.
If the fight had ended like that and the Spectre didn't come back then yes it would have been a victory for Shazam by definition. Horrible example though since Spectre was Shazam's superior and Shazam only did as well as he did thanks to prep and artifacts.

And you think Thanos could have won if it had gone on longer? He would have died.

quanchi112
If the fight had ended like that and the Spectre didn't come back then yes it would have been a victory for Shazam by definition. Horrible example though since Spectre was Shazam's superior and Shazam only did as well as he did thanks to prep and artifacts.

And you think Thanos could have won if it had gone on longer? He would have died. The example is fine because Shazam was winning until the end.

It could have gone either way if it continued. My opinion is Odin was winning when the fight was stopped which ended in a standoff.

KK the Great
Odin beat Thanos, that story has never changed.

I don't know that you can say "Odin beat Thanos" and be semantically correct, as it were. The only thing we can say about their fight without upsetting the lesser gods of semantics is that Odin proved far superior to Thanos. And that's the important thing, right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by KK the Great
I don't know that you can say "Odin beat Thanos" and be semantically correct, as it were. The only thing we can say about their fight without upsetting the lesser gods of semantics is that Odin proved far superior to Thanos. And that's the important thing, right? If he proved far superior than Thanos then he would have beaten Thanos, right? The thing is he proved far superior to the Surfer not Thanos.

Kid Kurdy
If he proved far superior than Thanos then he would have beaten Thanos, right? The thing is he proved far superior to the Surfer not Thanos.
I don't know.

Hulk is far superior to Spider-Man, but Spider-Man still has some good showings against Hulk.

That doesn't mean however that Spider-Man is more or less equal, he's far below Hulk. The same with Odin and Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look... Odin would have won on points and was winning the fight. Some people, and it wouldn't be too unreasonable can claim that as a win. Afterall, he was winning for most of the fight. That being said, you can't ignore the dialogue from Odin and what the writer was trying to convey. IMO he was trying to convey that Odin was superior to Thanos but Thanos was relatively close in power. Lets not forget.. The key Odin line... "I haven't fought a foe like you in EONS" That right there speak volumes about what Odin and the writer were trying to convey. That along with other lines such as... you draw from a power source rivaling mine or something to that effect. Yes Odin was winning the fight and probably would have won, but lets not forget and discount the words used to describe Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I don't know.

Hulk is far superior to Spider-Man, but Spider-Man still has some good showings against Hulk.

That doesn't mean however that Spider-Man is more or less equal, he's far below Hulk. The same with Odin and Thanos. False because Hulk usually isn't out to kill Spiderman and doesn't salute him as a great opponent. Thanos was running through Odin attacks not dodging them like Spiderman is known for.

manx422
Odin pwns thanos again

quanchi112
Originally posted by manx422
Odin pwns thanos again Odin never did so in the first place. Thanos has also grown in power since then.

manx422
GoG r gonna kick Thanos's ass
Fact is odin pwned thanos
he can do it again

quanchi112
GoG r gonna kick Thanos's ass
Fact is odin pwned thanos
he can do it again Sure aren't. Wait and see.

Odin didn't beat Thanos.

the ninjak
The Odin vs Thanos debate is hilarious considering-
Thanos has proven that he can gain Omnipotence if he so wished. It was kinda his hobby!
Then Crush Odin and all Gods!
Odin knows this and I'm sure it's part of the reason he let Thanos go in the first place. Thanos is more than just a warrior...he is an evolver.
Something Odin probably envies! wink
BIGTIME.

manx422
blowupr u kidding thanos was beaten he just did not admit it

quanchi112
blowupr u kidding thanos was beaten he just did not admit it It ended in a standoff.

KK the Great
If he proved far superior than Thanos then he would have beaten Thanos, right?

There is no valid logic to this statement.

quanchi112
There is no valid logic to this statement. You claimed he proved himself to be superior to Thanos so if he did then why didn't he at least beat him when he had more than enough time to do so especially considering he was trying to kill Thanos.

KK the Great
It ended in a standoff.

We both know that you've lost this debate many times before. "Standoff" does not mean what you think it means. Just because a fight doesn't end in a death or knockout doesn't automatically make it a standoff.

quanchi112
We both know that you've lost this debate many times before. "Standoff" does not mean what you think it means. Just because a fight doesn't end in a death or knockout doesn't automatically make it a standoff. I've seen marvel state it ended in a standoff in a bio. I guess what we actually saw and marvel bios are contradicted just because people can't stand Thanos is on Odin's level at this point.

KK the Great
You claimed he proved himself to be superior to Thanos

And he did, end of story.

Whether you think the story should have been written differently is irrelevant.

Batman-Prime
We both know that you've lost this debate many times before. "Standoff" does not mean what you think it means. Just because a fight doesn't end in a death or knockout doesn't automatically make it a standoff.

I will try and save you some trouble. Quan has some problems regarding the "true" meaning of words.

Here impaled vs stabbed
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8c7aec4b7a1d06284825958da4a32cd&topic=208685.0

It's really worth reading laughing out loud

quanchi112
And he did, end of story.

Whether you think the story should have been written differently is irrelevant. If he did he would have beaten him. As far as fights go in comics it took place over quite a few panels and I guess my definition of superior is far different than yours.

Proving you are superior to me is Henshaw's battle with Superman in sc or DD's battle with Darkseid in hunter prey. It was over very quickly. You think long drawn out battles where neither is beaten is proof of superiority where opponents salute each other.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
I will try and save you some trouble. Quan has some problems regarding the "true" meaning of words.

Here impaled vs stabbed
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8c7aec4b7a1d06284825958da4a32cd&topic=208685.0

It's really worth reading laughing out loud I had the argument with him so it's funny you would post that link proving you haven't even read it yourself. laughing out loud

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Odin vs Thanos debate is hilarious considering-
Thanos has proven that he can gain Omnipotence if he so wished. It was kinda his hobby!
Then Crush Odin and all Gods!
Odin knows this and I'm sure it's part of the reason he let Thanos go in the first place. Thanos is more than just a warrior...he is an evolver.
Something Odin probably envies! wink
BIGTIME.

And Thanos owned everyone with the Guantlet so why with the debate?

KK the Great
I've seen marvel state it ended in a standoff in a bio.

And I don't give a crap, so it would seem we've reached a standoff on this "should we give a crap about online profiles" issue.

You didn't see what you believe you saw, being that what you believe you saw was a standoff and what we really saw was a fight that didn't reach a conclusion but featured one combatant that hugely outclassed the other.

quanchi112
You didn't see what you believe you saw, being that what you believe you saw was a standoff and what we really saw was a fight that didn't reach a conclusion but featured one combatant that hugely outclassed the other. So what happens in the comic which goes along with a bio means nothing? I knew nothing else mattered to you but your opinion but at least be clever about it.

If one hugely outclassed the other then he would have prevailed. To really outclass someone is how Odin and the Surfer were portrayed in the same issue.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Look... Odin would have won on points and was winning the fight. Some people, and it wouldn't be too unreasonable can claim that as a win. Afterall, he was winning for most of the fight. That being said, you can't ignore the dialogue from Odin and what the writer was trying to convey. IMO he was trying to convey that Odin was superior to Thanos but Thanos was relatively close in power. Lets not forget.. The key Odin line... "I haven't fought a foe like you in EONS" That right there speak volumes about what Odin and the writer were trying to convey. That along with other lines such as... you draw from a power source rivaling mine or something to that effect. Yes Odin was winning the fight and probably would have won, but lets not forget and discount the words used to describe Thanos.

Again

the ninjak
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Again

Good man wink
Some people are so fundamental!

KK the Great
So what happens in the comic which goes along with a bio means nothing?

Is this the only debate tactic in your arsenal?

"The supports me!!!"

Repeating it over and over like a petulant child doesn't make it so.

What happened in the comic was categorically NOT a stalemate. I don't care how many times you insist that it was. And I couldn't care less about online bios. Or any kind of bio.

You're wrong. Like always. Your lacking grasp of the English language has once again been your downfall.

psycho gundam
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8c7aec4b7a1d06284825958da4a32cd&topic=208685.0 facepalm

and lol @ the mod being an open racist, and troll.

xJLxKing

Here impaled vs stabbed

It's really worth reading laughing out loud
LMAO at Quan in that topic. Holy Crap

He called a Mod a troll lol laughing out loud

quanchi112
Is this the only debate tactic in your arsenal?

"The supports me!!!"

Repeating it over and over like a petulant child doesn't make it so.

What happened in the comic was categorically NOT a stalemate. I don't care how many times you insist that it was. And I couldn't care less about online bios. Or any kind of bio.

You're wrong. Like always. Your lacking grasp of the English language has once again been your downfall. Again, your opinion is contradictory to how the fight actually ended. The two men ended standing there waiting to reengage for battle. A bio supported that but it's neither here nor there as we actually see it on panel.

The same old cutdowns from the same old forgettable poster. I'd think with you being as evolved as you claim you are you would have something more original in your repertoire.

Marvel backs my stance while your stance is just your own ignorant opinion.Originally posted by psycho gundam
facepalm

and lol @ the mod being an open racist, and troll. This is part of the reason herochat's activity has been way down. They voted in strider a sidekick to kk as a mod who breaks the rules and is consistently racist yet other posters get warned for far less than what he does on a consistent basis.

here is an example of someone being attacked by a mod, strider and one of his friends hambuglar. Not only was nothing done but they cheered this type of behavior on and laughed at the poster.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,209728.0.html
They actually enjoy running people off the board but when it's slow they complain about that as well. It's actually humorous how terrible a site can be run and how the rules can be broken by the "in" crowd.
LMAO at Quan in that topic. Holy Crap

He called a Mod a troll lol laughing out loud If you actually went to herochat you'd know he is a troll and a racist.

xJLxKing

If you actually went to herochat you'd know he is a troll and a racist.
Why is it that nearly nearly every time I hear about herochat, it's about people destroying you in argument.

That mod seemed nice. I don't care what he does in other forums, or topic. In that particular topic, he was didn't seemed racist. Granted, I only read 2-3 pages or so and I knew you lost the debate.

quanchi112
Why is it that nearly nearly every time I hear about herochat, it's about people destroying you in argument.

That mod seemed nice. I don't care what he does in other forums, or topic. In that particular topic, he was didn't seemed racist. Granted, I only read 2-3 pages or so and I knew you lost the debate. His sig rams home he is racist. if you read his posts then how could you miss his sig? he doesn't hide his open racism he flaunts it.

I actually won that argument anyways so I don't see the point in bringing it up.

Original Smurph
Here, this showdown at Tiananmen Square ended in a standoff.

http://corriecanuck.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/tiananmen-square-hero.jpg

Man with Bags is roughly equal to the power of the 4 tanks. At least in their power class (clearly not being outclassed in this fight).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Here, this showdown at Tiananmen Square ended in a standoff.

http://corriecanuck.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/tiananmen-square-hero.jpg

Man with Bags is roughly equal to the power of the 4 tanks. At least in their power class (clearly not being outclassed in this fight). The difference is Thanos was tanking Odin attacks while these men couldn't tank the tanks. laughing out loud

Original Smurph
The difference is Thanos was tanking Odin attacks while these men couldn't tank the tanks. laughing out loud I have yet to see a photo of the tanks defeating Man with Bags. All that we can see is that the showdown ended in a standoff.

I can conclude therefore that the tanks were clearly not superior to Man with Bags.

All fear Man with Bags.

quanchi112
I have yet to see a photo of the tanks defeating Man with Bags. All that we can see is that the showdown ended in a standoff.

I can conclude therefore that the tanks were clearly not superior to Man with Bags.

All fear Man with Bags. I explained why your example wasn't even close to the Thanos/Odin fight but I don't think this matters to the man who hasn't a care in the world.

xJLxKing
I have yet to see a photo of the tanks defeating Man with Bags. All that we can see is that the showdown ended in a standoff.

All fear Man with Bags. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Juntai
The difference is Thanos was tanking Odin attacks while these men couldn't tank the tanks. laughing out loud Proof?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Proof? Common sense.

Original Smurph
I explained why your example wasn't even close to the Thanos/Odin fight but I don't think this matters to the man who hasn't a care in the world. Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you realize never once defeated .

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>