Thor vs Drax the Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

no3le1
who wins

Starscream M
thor

no3le1
Originally posted by Starscream M
thor

how can he win?

Warlord
by winning

no3le1
how will he do that?

Warlord
he will summon superman

the ninjak
Drax may be a BEAST but it's so hard to understand what the GotG can do considering they mostly all melee fighters and shooters. So many characters in every issue yet none of them really get showcased with so few panels.
But Thor's tough biology can withstand Drax's knives.
Thor wins this.

Survivor19
Nuh-uh
Drax has teared out Thanos' and Magus' hearts. thor can't be tougher then them.
In other words, Drax has a chance - not big, though

the ninjak
Originally posted by Survivor19
Nuh-uh
Drax has teared out Thanos' and Magus' hearts. thor can't be tougher then them.
In other words, Drax has a chance - not big, though

Wrong......Drax was designed to hunt and kill Thanos. His body creating a specified aura giving him the ability to rip Thanos' heart out. I don't remember him ripping out Magus' heart...Magus manhandled the entire team with ease.
Drax's abilities wouldn't work on Thor wink

JakeTheBank
That's like shooting a Kryptonite bullet at Thor and claiming it will pierce his skin because it would do the same to Superman.

Survivor19
Do your homework and read the issue of GotG in question. Then return and we will have a discussion.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Survivor19
Do your homework and read the issue of GotG in question. Then return and we will have a discussion.

I've read every issue + annihilation and I don't have time to rummage through my mess of a collection. How about schooling me instead. smile

AlmightyKfish
Well, Drax did tear out The Magus' heart, but at the same time, Peter 'killed' him with a gunshot to the head.

All that being said, it turns out none of that actually happened.

the ninjak
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Well, Drax did tear out The Magus' heart, but at the same time, Peter 'killed' him with a gunshot to the head.

All that being said, it turns out none of that actually happened.

Exactly Magus was well prepared before the fight even commenced.

Black bolt z
This fight has been done b4 in infinity crusade #21.At that point drax was dumb and buff and had the power gem.Not dumb drax vs. thor thor wins.Dumb drax vs. thor is prob stalemate.Dumb drax with power gem drax wins easily.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
This fight has been done b4 in infinity crusade #21.At that point drax was dumb and buff and had the power gem.Not dumb drax vs. thor thor wins.Dumb drax vs. thor is prob stalemate.Dumb drax with power gem drax wins easily.

Dumb Drax with the Power Gem beats Thor easily? What? You just contradicted yourself in the same post. You yourself stated that when they fought dumb Drax with the Power Gem could at best hold his own against Thor. Then somehow he wins easily?

Fun fact, Thor went on to treat Drax like a child in Blood and Thunder.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins.

Dumb Drax with the Power Gem beats Thor easily? What? You just contradicted yourself in the same post. You yourself stated that when they fought dumb Drax with the Power Gem could at best hold his own against Thor. Then somehow he wins easily?

Fun fact, Thor went on to treat Drax like a child in Blood and Thunder. When did I do this.I said that the non buff smart drax would lose.Buff and dumb drax would hold his own and dumb drax with power gem would win.Even when the goddess telepathically contacted thor to talk to him she told him that he would lose becuase drax would keep subconsiously tapping into the power of the gem.Although because the fight concluded in the issue when a sun went nova and killed them(along with everyone else)

Lord Feron
Thor would rock normal and dumb drax. Period.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
When did I do this.I said that the non buff smart drax would lose.Buff and dumb drax would hold his own and dumb drax with power gem would win.Even when the goddess telepathically contacted thor to talk to him she told him that he would lose becuase drax would keep subconsiously tapping into the power of the gem.Although because the fight concluded in the issue when a sun went nova and killed them(along with everyone else)

You just referenced Warlock and the Infinity Watch #21. In that issue, Drax with the Power Gem only held his own. In the last sentence, you said that the same Drax wins easily when the comic clearly says otherwise. I'll give you this, I thought you said stalemate at the end of your first sentence and not your second so I apologize for that.

What Moondragon said (She was the one who contacted him.) was that Thor was simply wasting his time because despite his fabled fighting prowess he would not be able to beat Drax and his limitless strength because with the Power Gem Drax was physically unbeatable. She never said he would lose.

Of course she was obviously wrong.

Black bolt z
You just referenced Warlock and the Infinity Watch #21. In that issue, Drax with the Power Gem only held his own. In the last sentence, you said that the same Drax wins easily when the comic clearly says otherwise. I'll give you this, I thought you said stalemate at the end of your first sentence and not your second so I apologize for that.

What Moondragon said (She was the one who contacted him.) was that Thor was simply wasting his time because despite his fabled fighting prowess he would not be able to beat Drax and his limitless strength because with the Power Gem Drax was physically unbeatable. She never said he would lose.

Of course she was obviously wrong. Stating that Drax would not lose is not nessicarily say he would win but with the power gem the odds are definitly in Drax's favor.

KillAll
Thor wins.

Fun fact, Thor went on to treat Drax like a child in Blood and Thunder.

got any cool scans??

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KillAll
got any cool scans?? How do you scan?

KillAll
if you ask me, thor is a physical power house when he's not fighting on his opponents level of skill/strength. which he does occasionally. when he knew he only had 60 seconds when he lost his hammer when thanos was using the power gem, he was walloping thanos and the power gem together. thanos turned thor to glass before he landed a blow.

thor is faster/smarter fights better and is strong enough to probably put drax down. i believe he would probably win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
got any cool scans??

Of their entire first fight, or just some cool ones of Thor treating Drax like a child during Blood and Thunder?

Wild Shadow
Of their entire first fight, or just some cool ones of Thor treating Drax like a child during Blood and Thunder?

Thor wasnt treated Drax like a child... Drax wasnt even being hurt. thor won because they were distracted by the supernova (which drax refers to pretty lights) and by PIS of knocking the gem out of drax.. two things which if had not happen Thor would have eventually lost.

1) drax found out that he could absorb thor's lightning and return it back to thor...

2) Drax found out that he could eventually lift thor's hammer on his own.

3) guile Came out of drax hands.

4) Drax dont always gets lost when thrown overhead.

5) thor is a sissy with bird hat and girl hair.... smokin' rolling on floor laughing

KillAll

either or? you should make a thor respect thread, or is there one already? he's my favorite hero. juggernaut my favorite villain. i like when they clash lol. thor brings tools to the table that give juggernaut fits and vice versa.

Black bolt z
if you ask me, thor is a physical power house when he's not fighting on his opponents level of skill/strength. which he does occasionally. when he knew he only had 60 seconds when he lost his hammer when thanos was using the power gem, he was walloping thanos and the power gem together. thanos turned thor to glass before he landed a blow.

thor is faster/smarter fights better and is strong enough to probably put drax down. i believe he would probably win. It no where stated that thor was winning against thanos using the power gem.It said that thor was the high card in the heros deck but he still won.Yes thor was hitting thanos but at no point even looked like thanos was going down.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Thor wasnt treated Drax like a child... Drax wasnt even being hurt.

One shot.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_InfinityWatchvsThor1fight1.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_InfinityWatchvsThor1fight2.jpg

Drax didn't come running back for 5 pages.

And Thor was treating him like a child whenever he met him in that arc.

Like here.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_InfinityWatchvsThor1fight9.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_InfinityWatchvsThor1fight10.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_InfinityWatchvsThor1fight11.jpg

thor won because they were destracted by the supernova and by PIS of knocking the gem out of drax.. two things which if had not happen Thor would have eventually lost.

What are you talking about? After the illusion that the Universe was destroyed created by Thanos, their fight ended. They didn't meet up until Blood and Thunder as I recall, so their was no distractions.

Why was it P.I.S? Gamora did it to Drax. She used skill, while Thor used raw strength.

Not he would have not.

1) drax found out that he could absorb thor's lightning and return it back to thor...

2) Drax found out that he could eventually lift thor's hammer on his own.

3) guile Came out of drax hands.

4) Drax dont always gets lost when thrown overhead.

5) thor is a sissy with bird hat and girl hair.... smokin' rolling on floor laughing

1) Never happened.

2) Never happened once again. Thor let Drax try and lift the hammer and he failed. Thor then called the hammer back.

3) Guile? You mean energy? Yea it did. Drax has always been able to project energy.

4) What?

5) Okay....

Wild Shadow
reread blood and thunder warlock and the infinity watchcursing

Rage.Of.Olympus
I need to reread it?

KillAll
i've always though thor did well against characters with the power gem.

JakeTheBank
When the hell did Drax lift Mjolnir?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
When the hell did Drax lift Mjolnir? He didn't.He tried to and then after letting drax struggle thor commands the hammer to return to his hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm assuming his referring to this scene.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsDrax15.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsDrax16.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsDrax17.jpg

As you can see, Drax never lifted Mjolnir. Wild Shadow just remembered it wrong. It happens.

Black bolt z
Yep that would be it.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
When the hell did Drax lift Mjolnir? during blood and thunder....

drax grabbed thor's hammer from the ground saying that he could lift silly mallet. thor told him he couldnt and to leave it alone so they can continue fighting...

drax took thor's comment as a challenge and said he could.. he then started straining trying to lift it. slowly he started to raise it off the ground.

thor shocked said it was impossible and thor commanded the hammer back to him.

drax then says 1st the hammer didnt want to move and now it wants to leave. drax then straining let go or help throw it away charged thor and said lets see how well he fights without a mallet...

thor then smiled as the hammer came back to his hand..

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Look two posts up Wild Shadow. He did not lift the hammer as I proved.

And this was before Blood and Thunder. This was during Infinity Crusade.

Wild Shadow
laughing out loud

Look two posts up Wild Shadow. He did not lift the hammer as I proved.

i saw it. i was close enough i went by memory... Happy Dance

JakeTheBank
Some ass-trocious art, but yeah, I didn't see Drax lifting it on his own. What I did see, was Thor willing the hammer back to him and Drax being able to momentarily resist its pull.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i saw it. i was close enough i went by memory... Happy Dance

Drax slowly lifting the hammer up and not lifting the hammer up is a big difference.

Like I said, it happens, but yea, Drax clearly did not lift Mjolnir.

darthgoober
Yeah but Rage, after the Blood and Thunder incident Warlock put the Power Gem in Drax's belt buckle rather than have him swallow it again. I don't know if the threadstarter intended this to be Dumb Drax w/Power Gem but if he did there's virtually no chance of Blood and Thunder repeating itself.

Black bolt z
bump

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but Rage, after the Blood and Thunder incident Warlock put the Power Gem in Drax's belt buckle rather than have him swallow it again. I don't know if the threadstarter intended this to be Dumb Drax w/Power Gem but if he did there's virtually no chance of Blood and Thunder repeating itself.

Okay. A chance of what happening again? Thor separating him from the Power Gem? I never argued that. I was simply pointing out that in Blood and Thunder, before he even separated Drax from the Gem he was manhandling already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.