bruce banner (current) vs batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
surprised if this is the first time this was made.

-banner gets all of his standard tech (ex. that armour suit doesn't count but that ipod does)

-batman is batman

no hulking out

Rage.Of.Olympus
Banner disables all of Bruce's technology, wait's till Bruce resorts to hand to hand, laugh's in Bruce's face(He would be unharmed with his Force Field.), teleports behind him, and kills him with his Richter Power Tazer.

janus77
Batman should win this, but if he gets to keep his satchel then I'm afraid Batman might be disappearing into some abyss as Banner has a portable teleportation device in there.

also, Banner is Hulk... they are one and the same, you shoot Banner you get a pissed off Hulk so... what's Batman meant to do here? confused

Wild Shadow
where did bruce get all that tech or when did he become smart enough to build them?

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
where did bruce get all that tech or when did he become smart enough to build them?

Banner is one of the most intelligent people on Marvel Earth-he has always been smart enough to build the tech he possesses

janus77
he's always been smart enough... way back there was a comic where Reed went to Banner's lab and was commenting on how mindblowing the tech was.

recently though, Banner's been pawning all and sundry, with BannerTech(c) .... as well as ruminating over the idea that the Hulk is Banner's attempt at keeping the world safe from Banner's dark genius.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by janus77
Batman should win this, but if he gets to keep his satchel then I'm afraid Batman might be disappearing into some abyss as Banner has a portable teleportation device in there.

also, Banner is Hulk... they are one and the same, you shoot Banner you get a pissed off Hulk so... what's Batman meant to do here? confused

OP says no Hulking out.

I reckon Bruce wins, no matter what.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Banner is one of the most intelligent people on Marvel Earth-he has always been smart enough to build the tech he possesses

BS!! mad

he is highly intelligent in chemistry, nuclear physics and have some minor understanding in the other fields but no where near to build what he did.. that is PIS and goes against his entire history and past mechanical building feats..

he may be one of the many well known marvel scientist but that doesnt mean he can build and acquire the technology and material needed for such a task of building advance tech and being complimented by reed doesnt mean he jumps up a intellectual lvl.

janus77
OP says no Hulking out.

I reckon Bruce wins, no matter what.
I understood that but, it needn't mean that Banner loses his durability.

Banner's KO'd Abomination before and Planet Hulk/WWH hammered home the message that there is no Banner/Hulk split, they are one and the same.

BUSTER1
BS!! mad

he is highly intelligent in chemistry, nuclear physics and have some minor understanding in the other fields but no where near to build what he did.. that is PIS and goes against his entire history and past mechanical building feats..

he may be one of the many well known marvel scientist but that doesnt mean he can build and acquire the technology and material needed for such a task of building advance tech.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

janus77
BS!! mad

he may be one of the many well known marvel scientist but that doesnt mean he can build and acquire the technology and material needed for such a task of building advance tech.
nope, it's always been stated that his "genius is beyond measure" and that he is, along with Stark, Doom, Richards, one of the most intelligent men on the planet.

oh and he did build the most powerful bomb ever, as well as the current portable teleportation system.

BUSTER1
nope, it's always been stated that his "genius is beyond measure" and that he is, along with Stark, Doom, Richards, one of the most intelligent men on the planet.

oh and he did build the most powerful bomb ever, as well as the current portable teleportation system.

thumb up

rotiart
BS!! mad

he may be one of the many well known marvel scientist but that doesnt mean he can build and acquire the technology and material needed for such a task of building advance tech and being complimented by reed doesnt mean he jumps up a intellectual lvl.

Nowhere near the kind of intelligence to do what?
Banner has within days/weeks/months built tech designed to remove the hulk from himself. Restrain the power of the hulk...

ProfessoR hulkr within an issue created a giant cannon when he fought the x factor...

Bruce is a physist. And has always been in the top rung of the top 8. I think even officially he's number 4.I remember a statement about how for all the good Bruce could have contributed with his intelligence the hulknxause almost a much destruction or something like that...

Everything Bruce has made recently draws upon the decades of him fighting the leader and similar tech he's already probably already thought of

Bruce reminds me of a beautiful mind with Russell crowe. An overly brilliant mind who is reclusive has the girl of his dreams but his mental problems... Well.. Watch the movie and you'll see

Wild Shadow

building a bomb is far different then a transporter/teleportation two different science at extreme fundamental lvl.

you might as well compare calculator to a laptop.

i also notice you didnt put the scientist supreme or cho. i figure they would be above Banner but aside from banner being one of marvels most intelligent men doesnt translate to being able to build what he did.

Calculator(banner)<Laptop(reed, doom & Stark)

also it isnt hard to be titled as one of marvels most intelligent persons, since there is actually few main characters who sole focus is intelligence.... of course Banner would be on the list it isnt like a bunch of nameless scientist would be put above banner..

the most tech i have seen banner perform is hacking, dismantling tech and help build things focus on his gamma radiation issue.. and of course help build the gamma bomb and use physics and math for his bomb experiment...maybe even brush up on his chemistry and biology in order to get rid of his hulk personal... which he has failed at more then one occassion.

aside from that where the F#@$ does he get the intellegence to build crap involving quantum physic mechanics and advance alien tech and material?

i mean the best tony has done is build armor tech and cumbersome tech suit and now we have banner with compressed tech in the size of a pen?
get the f@#$ out of here with that Sh$@.... that is the problem with marvel nowadays poor story telling too much pis and no respect for continuity
smokin'

rotiart
Oh.. And David wins... The guy is too hardcore

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by rotiart
Oh.. And David wins... The guy is too hardcore

David is the tv show hulk not the comic hulk... Robert bruce banner wins.. wink

rotiart
Banner spent his life trying to focus on a singular issue...
Without that problem which he had though insurmountable...
He now can focus on other things. And wierdly he never could have solved the hulk issue because it was a psychological issue more than a physical one

chomperx9
without turning into hulk. wayne takes out DR bruce banner. wayne tech is higher than banners. plus banners fighting skills is no where near bats.

Wild Shadow
all i want is for ppl to admit that there was a giant leap in his intelligence and story telling in order to have Bruce make his tech tools. his past technological feats dont even come close to what he has now accomplish.

i mean is no one willing to admit that much?angel_not

rotiart
Whoops.
Your pobably right about the name thing

and at chomper. Have youseen the current banner tech. He take hits from hulk level opponents and dishes back with just the forcefuelds and stuff he wears...

Bruce is Pretty awesome right now.

rotiart
Not I. I sill think it's in line withthe other stuff banner did. In fact I think he says as much that tere was a chamber he was using for his tech tools were from the days when he was trying to solve the hulk problem...

BUSTER1
building a bomb is far different then a transporter/teleportation two different science at extreme fundamental lvl.

you might as well compare calculator to a laptop.

So Banner concentrating on building a bomb means he can't build anything more complex.
So by this logic Tony Stark, whose early Iron Man armours were prety basic, should never have have been able to build anything as advanced as the extremis armour.

KingD19
Amadaeus Cho isn't even in the top 8 according to Banner, I think he's 10.

And yeah, Banner wins, BannerTech shield, plus Old Power taser, plus Banner-Teleport = Banner FTW

Bouboumaster
The best option for Wayne is to just go and kick Banner's ass. If he try to do it with technology, he looses. But a good sneak attack, and it will be done.

I say Wayne 6/10.

chomperx9
it really depends on who studies whose tech 1st.

rotiart
I think the basis for extremis was develope by a woman? Not actually Tony...

An talking absurd... Reed making a device to talk to god
or mapping the omniverse for the alien entity
or visualizing the universe to us with the un...
And yet never created or even though of some of the tech doom pyn banner has thought of...

BUSTER1
Like I said before, if this isn't a stalemate Bruce definitely wins. FACT

Parmaniac
So Banner concentrating on building a bomb means he can't build anything more complex.
So by this logic Tony Stark, whose early Iron Man armours were prety basic, should never have have been able to build anything as advanced as the extremis armour. thumb up

It also depends on how the bomb works, I think there was a reason why Einstein helped the united states to build the first A-Bomb before the Nazis could do that. Plus developing new bombs always needs a lot of chemical/physical understanding...

rotiart
Like I said before, if this isn't a stalemate Bruce definitely wins. FACT

Bruce banner vs Bruce Wayne
I'm pretty sure Bruce wins too
:-)

KingD19
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The best option for Wayne is to just go and kick Banner's ass. If he try to do it with technology, he looses. But a good sneak attack, and it will be done.

I say Wayne 6/10.

Do you realize that Banner's personal force field takes hits from people like Juggernaut and Scar without losing power? And it activates instantly, as soon as Banner is attacked. So yesh, he can sneak attack all he wants, not gonna help him.

Wild Shadow
So by this logic Tony Stark, whose early Iron Man armours were prety basic, should never have have been able to build anything as advanced as the extremis armour.

you realize if you asked Albert Einstein to build a laptop or a basic computer he would fail miserably or any of the other scientist involved in building an atomic bomb. even the 1st nasa scientist would fail at building a modern computer system the most basic crap they had was basic electronics in their shuttles when they 1st started off.

again different fields no matter how intellegent Bruce is he didnt have the background to build such objects

Mindset

I reckon Bruce wins, no matter what. I completely agree, some named Bruce will win.

you realize if you asked Albert Einstein to build a laptop or a basic computer he would fail miserably or any of the other scientist involved in building an atomic bomb. even the 1st nasa scientist would fail at building a modern computer system the most basic crap they had was basic electronics in their shuttles when they 1st started off.

again different fields no matter how intellegent Bruce is he didnt have the background to build such objects

You are quite right and even a contemporary nuclear scientist would fail at building a laptop from scrap, unless he also happened to have very extensive experience with electronic engineering. But in marvel, geniality is a superpower, it doesn't have to make any sense and what they can do with it is obviously impossible in the real world.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
You are quite right and even a contemporary nuclear scientist would fail at building a laptop from scrap, unless he also happened to have very extensive experience with electronic engineering. But in marvel, geniality is a superpower, it doesn't have to make any sense and what they can do with it is obviously impossible in the real world.

agreed. i just wanted ppl to acknowledge the inconsistency in bruce's new found tech savvy ability.

janus77
agreed. i just wanted ppl to acknowledge the inconsistency in bruce's new found tech suave ability.
tech savvy.

and Banner's always been tech-savvy

Wild Shadow
tech savvy.

and Banner's always been tech-savvy

there is tech savvy able to use and have basic understanding of alien tech and right out being the founder of a new technology and building ur own damn ship.

rotiart
People defined as geniuss have been doing stuff supposedly out of their fields since comics began...
in fact in the world if comics most people do stuff writers think they are capable of but you and I might not be able to

call it the macguyer effect
reed isn't a biology guy but created tech for skrulls to be indetectable even by magic.. MAGIC...

It's a comic. You harping the idea that this is a sudden leap for Bruce is uncalled for... The cell block science

trying to pull in real world rules into comics will give you the nickname of hia8 jr

Wild Shadow
People defined as geniuss have been doing stuff supposedly out of their fields since comics began...
in fact in the world if comics most people do stuff writers think they are capable of but you and I might not be able to

reed isn't a biology guy but created tech for skrulls to be indetectable even by magic.. MAGIC...

It's a comic. You harping the idea that this is a sudden leap for Bruce is uncalled for... The cell block science

trying to pull in real world rules into comics will give you the nickname of hia8 jr

i am just asking for someone to admit that bruce was given a new lvl of technology and intelligence and can be narrowed down to this specific story and modern time in story telling.

i dont care if it is pis but it sure as hell aint cis...

Reed building crap is part of his Cis and his dues ex machina powerset hulk doesnt have that luxury and excuse to fall back on.

Reed has millions of dollars as does Ironman for their tech. Bruce is a criminal who everyone in marvel knows is the hulk. his face is plastered all over the place and probably doesnt have 2 cents to rub together yet he has the money to find and build his tech from scrounge parts of an Ipod?

i expect that S#@$ from Reed and Tony not from likes of Bruce soon you'll have Spiderman making his own mr. terrific orbs from tin foil and radio parts.. and ppl's excuse will be reed said he was one of the smartest ppl he has ever met or tony said Parker was a lazy genius
and will use his web shooters and spider bugs as a supporting argument of how it is possible for spiderman to have build such advance technology.

Omega Vision

h1a8's real problem is that he brings in faulty RL stuff. I think comics should be expected to fall under certain real world scientific constraints. Gravity unless otherwise states is always on for instance.

His feats jumped level yes

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
His feats jumped level yes
thank you...kissesbawling soooo... much. why is it so hard for ppl to admit that?

i mean they admit rulk stuff all the time and call wolverine's entire supported comic career as pis but refuse to call it on bruce on the one inconsistent moment... erm

rotiart
?
You are a green racist.
It's cause you hate brocoli

hehehe

Lord Feron
I don't like banner but according to how well he is doing in the MU I have to give him the win over batman (i really never thought i would say that).

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Mindset
I completely agree, some named Bruce will win.

Bruce Campbell

Badabing
BS!! mad

he may be one of the many well known marvel scientist but that doesnt mean he can build and acquire the technology and material needed for such a task of building advance tech and being complimented by reed doesnt mean he jumps up a intellectual lvl. Well, obviously Banner CAN build all the tech he's been pwning the MU with the past several months. dur

Run your mouth about Banner again...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-04-12.jpg

stick out tongue

darthgoober
BS!! mad

The guy upgraded the Super Adaptoid a while back, he's always been one of the biggest brains in Marvel. He just doesn't get to show it off as much because he spends most of each issue as the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Banner has always been one of the smartest men in Marvel. It's just his never gotten so much of the spot light for so long. Especially in recent time. When he has appeared he has reminded people of why his so damn intelligent.

The smartest people on Earth list usually goes like this:
Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Stark/Pym/Banner (With each having the advantage over the other in their special field.)

I'm not including dudes like High Evolutionary or the Leader, because I just want a simple list.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Banner has always been one of the smartest men in Marvel. It's just his never gotten so much of the spot light for so long. Especially in recent time. When he has appeared he has reminded people of why his so damn intelligent.

Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Stark/Pym/Banner (With each having the advantage over the other in their special field.)

I'm not including dudes like High Evolutionary or the Leader, because I just want a simple list.
Actually, Pym said that Spiderman was smarter than him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually, Pym said that Spiderman was smarter than him.

erm

Really? I find that hard to believe and rather silly to be honest.

Was this during his moping phase? Or during the time he was the designated giant smasher? His intelligence seemed to take a dive on my opinion. Or maybe it was because no one highlighted it at the time.

I doubt anyone thinks Parker is as smart as Pym. Especially with the new push Slott is giving him. He is the Scientist Supreme you know.

psycho gundam
so leik...who wins teh fight?

darthgoober
erm

Really? I find that hard to believe and rather silly to be honest.

Was this during his moping phase? Or during the time he was the designated giant smasher? His intelligence seemed to take a dive on my opinion. Or maybe it was because no one highlighted it at the time.

I doubt anyone thinks Parker is as smart as Pym. Especially with the new push Slott is giving him. He is the Scientist Supreme you know.
Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure Pym was talking about raw IQ rather than learned knowledge. From what I unstand Reed Richards himself has even commented on Spidey's high intelligence but lack of formal study.

Basically between Spidey and Pym though, Pym was impressed with Peter's "spider tracer" and got kinda flustered when he found out Peter invented it when he was only 16 years old because it took him years to successfully get his tech to interact with his powers or something like that. He ended up saying something to the effect of "I don't know which to be more upset by the fact that a 16 year old kid is smarter than me or the fact that he wastes all his time punching things".

psycho gundam
pym created self aware technology (ultron-1) and discovered pym particles, that's all i need to know

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure Pym was talking about raw IQ rather than learned knowledge. From what I unstand Reed Richards himself has even commented on Spidey's high intelligence but lack of formal study.

Basically between Spidey and Pym though, Pym was impressed with Peter's "spider tracer" and got kinda flustered when he found out Peter invented it when he was only 16 years old because it took him years to successfully get his tech to interact with his powers or something like that. He ended up saying something to the effect of "I don't know which to be more upset by the fact that a 16 year old kid is smarter than me or the fact that he wastes all his time punching things".

Even raw I.Q. wise I'd give Pym the nod over Parker. Especially currently when his intellect is being played up so much. Just read, Incredible Hulk #607 for one and I seriously doubt anyone would write Parker as smarter than Pym right now.

And I love the way Banner said that with Pym taken, he is know the smartest good guy on the planet. Seemed like he wanted to imply Pym might have the nod on him, or at the very least they are equal or on the same level.

Do you happen to know the issue number by any chance? I'd like to read or reread it if I have read the issue before.

darthgoober
Even raw I.Q. wise I'd give Pym the nod over Parker. Especially currently when his intellect is being played up so much. Just read, Incredible Hulk #607 for one and I seriously doubt anyone would write Parker as smarter than Pym right now.

And I love the way Banner said that with Pym taken, he is know the smartest good guy on the planet. Seemed like he wanted to imply Pym might have the nod on him, or at the very least they are equal or on the same level.

Do you happen to know the issue number by any chance? I'd like to read or reread it if I have read the issue before.
Nope, don't remember the issue number. Sorry. But you could probably find it looking through Hank's appearances in Spidey's books. I don't remember when it's from exactly, but I know it wasn't too horribly long ago(definately late 90's or later).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nope, don't remember the issue number. Sorry. But you could probably find it looking through Hank's appearances in Spidey's books. I don't remember when it's from exactly, but I know it wasn't too horribly long ago(definately late 90's or later).

Iight thanks man.

I'll look it up tomorrow. I have school in the morning so I gotta hit the sack.

JakeTheBank
lol Batman gets his shit handed to him.

psycho gundam
I gotta hit the sack. i hate that expression now.

it sounds like you gotta hurry up and tea-bag someone

Mindset

Reed Richards
Dr. Doom

I'm not including dudes like High Evolutionary or the Leader, because I just want a simple list. Reed isn't smarter than Doom.

rotiart
According to the leader doom was the top of their list for the eight smartest... But I think it had to do with the most powerful overall than Raw intelligence

JakeTheBank
One thing Reed said that stuck with me was this: "I pursue knowledge simply for the sake of knowledge. Doom pursues knowledge in the hopes of turning it into a weapon." I think both men have enough feats with their intellects squared off against each other to warrant they're equals or one is barely below the other and with each one one-upping the other from time to time.

Mshinu
Bats is screwed. All Banner needs to do is pull out his Bannertech -I win button-(tm) and push it.

Reed, Doom, Banner, Stark, Pym.. thats five. Who are the last 3 of the eight smartest minds of Marvel Earth?

Leader? Xavier? Spiderman? Magneto? I don`t think Beast or Black Panther are contenders.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mshinu
Bats is screwed. All Banner needs to do is pull out his Bannertech -I win button-(tm) and push it.

Reed, Doom, Banner, Stark, Pym.. thats five. Who are the last 3 of the eight smartest minds of Marvel Earth?

Leader? Xavier? Spiderman? Magneto? I don`t think Beast or Black Panther are contenders. I ask myself the same Parker is smart and a lot of times underrated but I don't think he's a main player in that event just by the way he's portrayed till now, Leader is out too I guess cause he's the bad guy and the number only counted for the good guys IIRC, Amadeus Cho is very smart but Banner already said he's only number 10, Black Panther is on the list they already tried to capture him (maybe even get him I've already forgot that stick out tongue)

Slaanesh

Leader? Xavier? Spiderman? Magneto? I don`t think Beast or Black Panther are contenders.

according to bruce..beast and panther are among the eight..

Mshinu
I think Apocalypse definately would make the top eight list, IMO he is in the same ballpark as Pym and Stark.

(edit) Beast and Phanter are confirmed among the 8? Hmm I always concidered them a notch (ok, half a notch) below the likes of Xavier, but Banner would know I guess.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Reed isn't smarter than Doom.

From what I've seen of their encounters in the past, he seems to me that he is. They have been portrayed on the same levels in the past, but Reed has seemed superior. Especially when he is in deux machine mode. When his written at that level, he simply pulls whatever he wants to out of his ass.

I for one recall when Reed Richards and Doom faced off using the Encephalo-Gun. It was a battle to see who had the greater mentality. Reed won, because since they drank the berry juice, Reed having the stronger mentality was able to create an illusion in Doom's mind that he won. It was ownage.

There's also the time Reed was coding reality and also beating Doom in 4D chess. He stretched his brain in that occasion though. It might have been retconned or just ignored but I'm not sure.

Those are off the of my head by the way.

And the verbal ownage Reed has given other including Doom? It's so bad I pop boners.

Doom cries himself to sleep at night at the awesomeness that is Reed Richards.

Rage.Of.Olympus
According to the leader doom was the top of their list for the eight smartest... But I think it had to do with the most powerful overall than Raw intelligence

It was the most dangerous as I recall.

rotiart
So in the top eight we have
reed doom panther beast Bruce stark pym
only one unknown left... Honestly I woulda gone with sinister rather than beast but I guess the eight are all heroes...

And I think u may be eight about dangerous... The magic puts him over the top... Have you read dr voodoo? Or doomwars... Shit dooms magical prowess is getting hard pressed lately

Lord Feron
So in the top eight we have
reed doom panther beast Bruce stark pym
only one unknown left... Honestly I woulda gone with sinister rather than beast but I guess the eight are all heroes...

And I think u may be eight about dangerous... The magic puts him over the top... Have you read dr voodoo? Or doomwars... Shit dooms magical prowess is getting hard pressed lately

Don't worry they will make him job and marvel will forget alot of his powers and all will be well again...

Mshinu
Why is Doom in the top eight if they all are heroes?

Parmaniac
Why the hell is beast on that list?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Why the hell is beast on that list?

Something tells me after the recent situation with Beast feeling useless he is looking for that answer himself.

KingD19
Beast is really crazy with the science, especially in genetics and biology. He deserves to be on that list.

So is the list just for heroes?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by KingD19
Beast is really crazy with the science, especially in genetics and biology. He deserves to be on that list.

dont forget his knowledge in shiar tech.. wink

Bouboumaster

Reed Richards
Dr. Doom

You left Cho, McCoy and T'Challa out of your list stick out tongue

Mindset
From what I've seen of their encounters in the past, he seems to me that he is. They have been portrayed on the same levels in the past, but Reed has seemed superior. Especially when he is in deux machine mode. When his written at that level, he simply pulls whatever he wants to out of his ass.

I for one recall when Reed Richards and Doom faced off using the Encephalo-Gun. It was a battle to see who had the greater mentality. Reed won, because since they drank the berry juice, Reed having the stronger mentality was able to create an illusion in Doom's mind that he won. It was ownage.

There's also the time Reed was coding reality and also beating Doom in 4D chess. He stretched his brain in that occasion though. It might have been retconned or just ignored but I'm not sure.

Those are off the of my head by the way.

And the verbal ownage Reed has given other including Doom? It's so bad I pop boners.

Doom cries himself to sleep at night at the awesomeness that is Reed Richards. There was the time Doom outsmarted Reed and had him admitting he was an idiot and didn't know anything about magic.

There was the time Doom trapped Reed in his suit and Reed couldn't figure out how to get out.

Tony beat Reed in chess.

Go back to talking about Thor, you don't know Doom.

Wild Shadow
reed
doom
Apocalypse
Tony
Ultron
forge
Pym
Leader
Sinister
magneto
hank mccoy
t'challa
amadeaus chow/banner(due to modern feats he may now be above him. angel

i really dont see Bruce in the top eight let alone top ten since i actually left out other less known ppl.. like Zarko, mad Thinker, abner jenkins, tinkerer, Valeria, Donald Pierce,Dr. Bolivar trask, Bastion, moira macctaggart... steven lang...etc etc... oops mole man and maximus the under ground roma immortal

redhotrash
Banner's intelligence is overhyped and I hate it. Guy couldnt even cure himself of his Hulk problem.

Mindset
I hate everyone who doesn't agree with me.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by redhotrash
Banner's intelligence is overhyped and I hate it. Guy couldnt even cure himself of his Hulk problem.

its only b/c of the Ipod tech he now carries if it wasnt for that sh@$ no one would be defending his new found feats and justifying it with past tech that doesnt even reach his new intelligence lvl.

Black bolt z
If batman has his Ipod then he turns up the volume to supersonic levels,disorients hulk and then bat grenades him.

Other than that banner wins.

Slaanesh

can reed cure him??

chomperx9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
can reed cure him?? there might be something to stabilize his heart rate from going to high so he wont turn into the hulk. but there is no permenant cure.

johnny blaze would be the hardest one to cure. only way to dismiss the curse of the rider is with some god or sorcerer that is familiar with the spell.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by chomperx9
there might be something to stabilize his heart rate from going to high so he wont turn into the hulk. but there is no permenant cure.

johnny blaze would be the hardest one to cure. only way to dismiss the curse of the rider is with some god or sorcerer that is familiar with the spell.

that's what i thought..he can't be cured..i ask redhotrash that cuz he says that Bruce isn't that great because he can't cure himself..Reed is the most intelligent guy on earth and even he can't cure Bruce..

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Slaanesh
can reed cure him??

yes, if marvel writers allowed it and some Dip new and coming writers doesnt try to leave a mark by ignoring and retconning the character back to hulk.. but what are the chances of marvel allowing hulk to be permanently cured.

i used to think reed didnt permanently cure ben or Hulk b/c he never had the time.

but now it just doesnt make sense as an adult and the lvl of intelligence and free time that reed some times has it is just writers dont want him to.

chomperx9
yes, if marvel writers allowed it and some Dip new and coming writers doesnt try to leave a mark by ignoring and retconning the character back to hulk.. but what are the chances of marvel allowing hulk to be permanently cured.

yeah they would lose some money if they permenantly took away the hulk in a story. but come to think of it he would be back sometime later. they always come back just like norman osborn

Bentley
Banner stomps. Batman is such a newb!

Wild Shadow
i think it has bn enough time for Ben to have learned to switch off and on and if not for reed to build him a permanent tech to transform between forms.. a watch or a chamber that can be rebuild whenever it is destroyed so ben isnt in his thing form all the times..

i mean it makes no sense that alien metal can turn ben human and he has had tech similar to the ones i mention but he never keeps it and it makes no sense that reed after decades hasnt figured them out.

hell the government has various power dampners and reed can cure his one big f@#$@ mistake that stares at him every day from when he wakes up

i think it has bn enough time for Ben to have learned to switch off and on and if not for reed to build him a permanent tech to transform between forms.. a watch or a chamber that can be rebuild whenever it is destroyed so ben isnt in his thing form all the times..

i mean it makes no sense that alien metal can turn ben human and he has had tech similar to the ones i mention but he never keeps it and it makes no sense that reed after decades hasnt figured them out.

hell the government has various power dampners and reed can cure his one big f@#$@ mistake that stares at him every day from when he wakes up

yup, reed is the worst friend (and husband and father) ever, even chuck managed to get up form his ass and fix rogue eventually. what's reed's excuse?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
yup, reed is the worst friend (and husband and father) ever, even chuck managed to get up form his ass and fix rogue eventually. what's reed's excuse?

Doom.blow

Rage.Of.Olympus
Reed has cured the Thing. On more than one occasion as I recall. Usually from what I've seen, Thing chooses to stay the Thing for various reasons. Currently I believe he actually wants to be the Thing, although I might be wrong.

There was the time Doom outsmarted Reed and had him admitting he was an idiot and didn't know anything about magic.

There was the time Doom trapped Reed in his suit and Reed couldn't figure out how to get out.

Tony beat Reed in chess.

Go back to talking about Thor, you don't know Doom.

Doom does have the advantage over Reed in terms of magical knowledge, because of his experience in it. That I don't disagree with. But even then, there was the time Reed verbally owned Doom, and then revealed to Doom that even he has to answer to higher masters. It was just horrible.

Which instance? It's happened more than once in the 616 continuity as I recall.

True enough, but even in that instance didn't Tony admit that Reed was smarter? I also disliked how Reed was suddenly surprised he lost. Reed should be able to pay attention to the games, and have his discussion with Tony just fine.

laughing out loud

Wild Shadow
their is no excuse in marvel continuity for the thing not to be able to transform permanently between forms whenever he wants.

i know thing has had the ability and options but as a writer and following the FF storyline the thing should have gained the ability decades ago. i am viewing this from the common sense stance and good story telling.

also using how similar beings in things situation have managed to be cured or depowered,

Parmaniac
I hate everyone.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by chomperx9
there might be something to stabilize his heart rate from going to high so he wont turn into the hulk. but there is no permenant cure.

johnny blaze would be the hardest one to cure. only way to dismiss the curse of the rider is with some god or sorcerer that is familiar with the spell. it's adrenal, not cardiovascular.

redhotrash
Sort of like Xavier never being able to help Rogue control her powers until he actually... ya know... made an effort.

Sort of like Xavier never being able to help Rogue control her powers until he actually... ya know... made an effort.

yup, the hurtfull truth is that nobody cares enough about these tragic ****s. emma frost managed to help cyclops get his own power under control after xavier couldn't do it in decades and we all know hes supposed to be more powerfull than her.

jalek moye
Banner wins everytime

psycho gundam
Originally posted by 753
yup, the hurtfull truth is that nobody cares enough about these tragic ****s. emma frost managed to help cyclops get his own power under control after xavier couldn't do it in decades and we all know hes supposed to be more powerfull than her. chuck created that wonderful visor though, that probably put cyke's problems on the back burner in his mind, with trying to save mutant kind and all.

on the flip side, emma frost you know, bangs cyclops. pretty sure he can't wear that visor during that (or wouldn't want to).him climaxing would cause major issues.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
chuck created that wonderful visor though, that probably put cyke's problems on the back burner in his mind, with trying to save mutant kind and all.

on the flip side, emma frost you know, bangs cyclops. pretty sure he can't wear that visor during that (or wouldn't want to).him climaxing would cause major issues.

Pretty sure they banged with and without the visor. Don't think Diamond form affects her vagina... wink

Mshinu
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Pretty sure they banged with and without the visor. Don't think Diamond form affects her vagina... wink

Diamond form might give little scott a hard time tho...

Parmaniac
Diamond form might give little scott a hard time tho... She would be pretty could too...

Mshinu
Originally posted by Parmaniac
She would be pretty could too...

Could Scott warm her up with low power blasts from his visor? I think he probably sees Elexir after to fix up any damage to little scott.

manx422
batman
BATKICK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.