Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Loki vs. Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Loki

vs.

Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman

JakeTheBank
Tean Asgard

Slaanesh
maybe a split..team 1 is more powerful but team 2 have superspeed..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Slaanesh
maybe a split..team 1 is more powerful but team 2 have superspeed..

Not to the point where it becomes the bane of Team 1.

Besides, Loki can amp Thor and BRB to have superspeed while being intangible.

Black bolt z
I don't see how 2 hammer can exist at the same time... big grin but i have to go with team asgard.

JakeTheBank
They're different hammers. Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I don't see how 2 hammer can exist at the same time... big grin but i have to go with team asgard. Jake already covered this. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team 1.

the ninjak
Sweet! BRB's Hammer has a sharp end, If that gets Supes on the head he is dead!

Konton
Team 1.

BrB and Thor make for a nasty tank team.

kochtgr
Team 2 6/10

Mshinu
Team Viking dominates. If team 2 can take Loki out fast they can get some wins.

Warlord
team 1

janus77
WW's tiara slices off Superman's head FTW shifty

Sasaraixx
Team 1.

Only chance for Team 2 is for WW to lasso Loki very quickly. I don't see that happening very often.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by janus77
WW's tiara slices off Superman's head FTW shifty

Why should she attack someone from her team? no expression

janus77
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Why should she attack someone from her team? no expression
it's Superman. why wouldn't she? confused

Batman-Prime
it's Superman. why wouldn't she? confused

Because she is no hater and because she is female?

janus77
Because she is no hater and because she is female?
ok then, she throws the tiara at Thor, it bounces of Mjolnir and then decapitates Superman FTW.

happy? big grin

-Pr-
Honestly, Team 1 gets Loki, while team 2 gets J'onn? Not exactly fair...

Team 1.

Batman-Prime
ok then, she throws the tiara at Thor, it bounces of Mjolnir and then decapitates Superman FTW.

happy? big grin

Much better smile

Warlord
Originally posted by -Pr-

Team 1.

you think WW would be a bigger threat than Jonn for team 1?

janus77
Much better smile
I knew there was a way forward. everybody loves a happy ending smile

janus77
Originally posted by Warlord
she's got more impressive ... assets shifty

-Pr-

in terms of feats and regular performance, yes.

Sasaraixx

Cosigned. Having a weapon that can subdue gods isn't bad either.

Warlord

yes but what about non jobbing going all out?

-Pr-
yes but what about non jobbing going all out?

it's closer, but i'd still give the nod to diana, personally.

Warlord
I disagree but still a competent magic user is dificult to be countered.
T2 needs Fate, Zatana or Etrigan IMO

Q99
it's closer, but i'd still give the nod to diana, personally.

Yea. Especially versus a magic user.

-Pr-
i'd replace J'onn with Hal, Zatanna or CM Billy, personally.

Warlord
i'd replace J'onn with Hal, Zatanna or CM Billy, personally.

or firestorm

-Pr-
or firestorm

maybe, but only Ronnie.

manx422
Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman

Naija boy
Team 1

Enyalus
Not fair because J'onn is more powerful than the entire Justice League combined? I agree.

Team One wins. wink

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Not fair because J'onn is more powerful than the entire Justice League combined? I agree.

Team One wins. wink
That's why next page you see his ass getting owned stick out tongue

quanchi112
WW brings her team down yet again.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
WW brings her team down yet again.

Most believe it's J'onn who brings the team down here. Diana's top notch magic resistance and her gear make her a good match for the magical firepower team 1 brings.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Most believe it's J'onn who brings the team down here. Diana's top notch magic resistance and her gear make her a good match for the magical firepower team 1 brings. I see Jonn as being stronger and more durable personally. I think he can take more punishment than WW can. I get it she is more skilled but no one is escaping the hammer bros. here.

JakeTheBank
I see Jonn as being stronger and more durable personally. I think he can take more punishment than WW can. I get it she is more skilled but no one is escaping the hammer bros. here.

Him being stronger and more durable is debatable, as his high end feats on both fronts don't really put him beyond WW in the same respect. He's extremely more versatile, sure, and without CIS he's a monster, but physically speaking, he doesn't off more than Diana, unless he just goes intangible - which isn't much of a saving grace against Team 1.

quanchi112
Him being stronger and more durable is debatable, as his high end feats on both fronts don't really put him beyond WW in the same respect. He's extremely more versatile, sure, and without CIS he's a monster, but physically speaking, he doesn't off more than Diana, unless he just goes intangible - which isn't much of a saving grace against Team 1. You really think she is more durable and as strong as MM?

xJLxKing
Durable? Yes
As strong? no

JakeTheBank
You really think she is more durable and as strong as MM?

I have yet to see any feats that puts him beyond her directly on those assets. A lot of spoken statements, sure, but on panel proof that he's stronger/more durable than her? At the very least they're equals in that department with her skill and equipment balancing things out against his versatility.

Black bolt z
Team asgard wins

quanchi112
I have yet to see any feats that puts him beyond her directly on those assets. A lot of spoken statements, sure, but on panel proof that he's stronger/more durable than her? At the very least they're equals in that department with her skill and equipment balancing things out against his versatility. It's clear to me MM is a peer to Superman in strength while WW isn't. She's close and can hurt either of them but they pack more whallop than she does. Me myself I don't need to see a ton of feats to know who is stronger. Most feats are only exclusive for the character who performed them and how often did the character you are comparing that character to in strength try and fail the same feat.

Lord Feron
T1 baby! Asgard bros ftw!

Q99
It's clear to me MM is a peer to Superman in strength while WW isn't. She's close and can hurt either of them but they pack more whallop than she does. Me myself I don't need to see a ton of feats to know who is stronger. Most feats are only exclusive for the character who performed them and how often did the character you are comparing that character to in strength try and fail the same feat.

Overall I think she has the advantage in an aggregate of all fields.

I can't really recall a time when he's packed more whallop than she has. His endurance is definitely less- he gets tired easier, even when flame's not around.

They're all without a doubt peers physically, but it's been outright said that Superman is the only one in the League who could stop an out-of-control Diana, a statement made with J'onn in the room.

Enyalus
I see Jonn as being stronger and more durable personally.
I don't mind the 'stronger' comment. But I think its pretty obvious that Wonder Woman is more durable and goes the distance with far more of her opponents than J'onn does.

batdude123
Team 2.

Konton
It's clear to me MM is a peer to Superman in strength while WW isn't. She's close and can hurt either of them but they pack more whallop than she does. Me myself I don't need to see a ton of feats to know who is stronger. Most feats are only exclusive for the character who performed them and how often did the character you are comparing that character to in strength try and fail the same feat.

So you're going with a gut feeling/preconceived notions over on panel feats?
sad

-Pr-

Doomsday disagrees.

Harbinger
Team 1.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha yea. John doesn't have a.....good track record against Doomsday. He really took a pounding even back in DoS.

Sasaraixx
Doomsday disagrees.

And so do I. mad

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
And so do I. mad

tbh, i'd maybe say J'onn was stronger than Diana, but not by any considerable distance. He's not as fast, though.

Sasaraixx
tbh, i'd maybe say J'onn was stronger than Diana, but not by any considerable distance. He's not as fast, though.

They're just about the same in my book. Any difference either way wouldn't be that noticeable. I was commenting more on him being a bit below Superman. That I agree with. Again, it's not a huge margin or anything.

I do agree he's not as fast. Durability I'm not sure. I think Diana would last longer in a fight personally. J'onn has more abilities, but Diana has the lasso. In a fight like this with so much magic being thrown around, I think WW is better teammate.

the ninjak
Beta Ray Bill mortally wounds Supes with the sharp point of his hammer then finishes him off. While Loki uses spells to slightly weaken him.

Loki fills Martian Manhunter with magical flames and binding spells. While intangible.

Thor holds off Diana until the others are done then they team her to death.

These guys live for battle tactics.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
They're just about the same in my book. Any difference either way wouldn't be that noticeable. I was commenting more on him being a bit below Superman. That I agree with. Again, it's not a huge margin or anything.

I do agree he's not as fast. Durability I'm not sure. I think Diana would last longer in a fight personally. J'onn has more abilities, but Diana has the lasso. In a fight like this with so much magic being thrown around, I think WW is better teammate.

in this fight? definitely. i'd take diana over j'onn any day. that's the beaty of the league, though. they're so diverse that there's always someone tailer made for each crisis.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Beta Ray Bill mortally wounds Supes with the sharp point of his hammer then finishes him off. While Loki uses spells to slightly weaken him.

Loki fills Martian Manhunter with magical flames and binding spells. While intangible.

Thor holds off Diana until the others are done then they team her to death.

These guys live for battle tactics.

so the JLA members aren't good tacticians? really.

Enyalus
Right.

I'd say J'onn was stronger, Diana's both faster and more durable. J'onn regularly gets his shit kicked in and has to heal/reform. Diana just hangs in there and toughs it out.

the ninjak

so the JLA members aren't good tacticians? really.

I never said that. Just said the Asgardians luuurve a fight.

amnesia
Team 1, because WW has the lasso of truth, which is dumb... VERY dumb....

No but honestly, i think team 2 has a good shot.

-Pr-
I never said that. Just said the Asgardians luuurve a fight.

so does most of team 2.

and i seriously doubt one smack of bill's hammer will put down superman. he's taken much worse.

the ninjak
so does most of team 2.

and i seriously doubt one smack of bill's hammer will put down superman. he's taken much worse.

Obviously this fight would go much longer than my break down.

And I said mortally wounds him not kills or knocks out him.
You stated yourself that Supes like to see what his opponents can dish out when he fights people for the first time due to his incredible durability. Unfortunately for Supes BRB's hammer is as enchanted as Diana's tiara thing but has a sharp POINTY end. Add Loki casting spells on him. If BRB got him on the head OUCH! Gashing wound. Then BRB proceeds to clobber with the sharp end.....Somethinf Thor can't do.

Just a thought.

-Pr-
Obviously this fight would go much longer than my break down.

And I said mortally wounds him not kills or knocks out him.
You stated yourself that Supes like to see what his opponents can dish out when he fights people for the first time due to his incredible durability. Unfortunately for Supes BRB's hammer is as enchanted as Diana's tiara thing but has a sharp POINTY end. Add Loki casting spells on him. If BRB got him on the head OUCH! Gashing wound. Then BRB proceeds to clobber with the sharp end.....Somethinf Thor can't do.

Just a thought.

An energy blast and a hammer aren't the same thing. You honestly think he'd stand there when he knows (from basic knowledge) that Bill is magical, and is swinging a hammer at his face? I seriously doubt it.

the ninjak
True! But I still think the hammer will be much more effective than Thor's.

-Pr-

maybe, but i don't rate Bill as being as dangerous as Thor, tbh.

Warlord

due to one end being sharp?
that would surprise me

the ninjak
maybe, but i don't rate Bill as being as dangerous as Thor, tbh.

I agree. Maybe they should swap hammers, temporarily.

the ninjak
due to one end being sharp?
that would surprise me

Against a Kryptonian .......yes.

Warlord
what makes u think that?
it would be the equivalent difference between a warhammer and an axe against a normal soldier...IMO superman could withstand his arms being broken by a magical hammer (in one or two blows at least) so he could wihthstand them being cut

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Overall I think she has the advantage in an aggregate of all fields.

I can't really recall a time when he's packed more whallop than she has. His endurance is definitely less- he gets tired easier, even when flame's not around.

They're all without a doubt peers physically, but it's been outright said that Superman is the only one in the League who could stop an out-of-control Diana, a statement made with J'onn in the room. His strength is on par with Superman's hers isn't. Jonn's also been stated as the most powerful member of the team. If you want to go by one statement then you bet your ass I am going to bring up another statement in favor of Martian.

Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't mind the 'stronger' comment. But I think its pretty obvious that Wonder Woman is more durable and goes the distance with far more of her opponents than J'onn does. I disagree.Originally posted by Konton
So you're going with a gut feeling/preconceived notions over on panel feats?
sad I am going with common sense. I don't need to see a lot of feats from WB Hulk to know he is stronger than WW Hulk. By your logic since he only had one feat to his name then WW Hulk was greater than WB Hulk.

Doomsday disagrees. DD's an idiot.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha yea. John doesn't have a.....good track record against Doomsday. He really took a pounding even back in DoS. Orion was also dealt with in under 60 seconds but I guarantee most give him odds over Diana.

Konton
His strength is on par with Superman's hers isn't. Jonn's also been stated as the most powerful member of the team.

Zatanna, Superman, Hal, etc. have also all been stated to be the most powerful members of the team at one point or another.

kgkg
maybe, but i don't rate Bill as being as dangerous as Thor, tbh. Reason? BRB seem to hold back less

Konton
When I saw BRB just tanking Stardust's most destructive force blasts I began seeing him as somewhat more threatening.

Rage.Of.Olympus
People just like big explosions and cosmic cheese feats.

When Stormbreaker came out, Bill was like god to some people.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Konton
Zatanna, Superman, Hal, etc. have also all been stated to be the most powerful members of the team at one point or another. Has Diana?

Konton
Has Diana?

You fail to see my point.

Q99
His strength is on par with Superman's hers isn't.

Sure it is.

Superman's stronger than either, but they're both clearly not all that far behind.

manx422
T2

the ninjak
T1

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Q99
Sure it is.

Superman's stronger than either, but they're both clearly not all that far behind.

You're wasting your time on him smile hehe

the ninjak
Superman is weakened by Loki's magic and takes more damage from both hammers as usual.
Loki remains intangible. + Incinerates Martian Manhunter with summoned flame!
Wonder Woman is the only factor here and she falls to the team!

what makes u think that?
it would be the equivalent difference between a warhammer and an axe against a normal soldier...IMO superman could withstand his arms being broken by a magical hammer (in one or two blows at least) so he could wihthstand them being cut

off?

the point he's trying to make is that a piercing wound to the brain will put him down for the fight, while bashing damage to the skull he might tank.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
off?

True! The Demon has slashed him.
Diana's tiara.
And Vampire teeth can pierce his flesh...sure a live vampire will die but the teeth work just fine!
Beta Ray Bill's axe side of his hammer would fatally wound Supes.
If not decapitate him!
It's just PIS that such circumstances haven't eventuated.

carver9
Team 1 and I would like to add something.

Thor is more powerful than Beta Ray Bill but Bill is FAR more dangerous.

Bill does not hold back at all. He goes for the kill and start the fight out with planet destroying hits.

IMO Bill can take anyone on team 2 out of the fight and fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.