Formspring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Wålshy~
~Create a box where friends can ask questions anonymously.~

Post a link to yours if you have one so we can ask each other questions dur
http://www.formspring.me/WelshOne

Rogue Jedi
Lame.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Lame.

I like it.

http://www.formspring.me/Bardock42

That ACDC Chick
might as well awehawe
http://www.formspring.me/thatACDCchick

Sancty
http://www.formspring.me/sancty
heartz

LanceWindu
I see this thread going nowhere.

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I see this thread going nowhere. get a formspring and post it here

Mairuzu
I think it's pretty cool but im done with all these bullshit websites that keep spawning to get you hooked sitting on your ass in front of a screen.

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I think it's pretty cool but im done with all these bullshit websites that keep spawning to get you hooked sitting on your ass in front of a screen. you could just get a formspring and if you feel like you're getting hooked to sitting on your ass in front of a computer screen, you could and i know it might be hard at first but - you could turn off your computer? shock

Mairuzu
Something you ought to try out once in a while.

Rogue Jedi
Bewbz.

LanceWindu
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5917/retardedseat.png

Ms Chelle
I'll try it.
www.formspring.me/MsChelleLea

Scythe

Mandos
Walshy, can I choose not to formspring?

mikeydude
i have one. but its on my phone.
and i cant get on it here because im at school, so they block it.

~Wålshy~
Originally posted by Mandos
Walshy, can I choose not to formspring? no, you HAVE to do it. c'mon all the cool kids are doing it.

Peach
I got bored ermm

http://www.formspring.me/flyingwild

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Peach
I got bored ermm

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/bowie.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mandos
Walshy, can I choose not to formspring? I think you just did.

GrandDaddyPurp
http://www.formspring.me/HeavyMetalBob

Alpha Centauri
Anyone who has a Formspring is a tool.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone who has a Formspring is a tool.

-AC

Truth!!!

If you want to ask me why I 100% support this post you can ask me here: http://www.formspring.me/Bardock42

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Peach
I got bored ermm

I just looked at yours. Whoever is asking you questions with my name, is not me. You should know by now that I don't sign my name. That was most likely Walshy posing as me because he's a stupid little ****stick.

~Wålshy~
ITS NOT ME i haven't even looked at her page yet but someone who keeps going on about something about some giantess fetish and everyone thinks its me :'( ITS NOT ME

That ACDC Chick

~Wålshy~
like i said in the general ill from now always use my user info like when asking stuff so you know like

Bardock42
It's probably Bloigen.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Truth!!!

If you want to ask me why I 100% support this post you can ask me here: http://www.formspring.me/Bardock42 crylaugh

But yeah, it's lame....

Bardock42
crylaugh

But yeah, it's lame....

What in the world could possibly be lame about a relatively simple internet app, like that?

Are you trying to say that most people use it in a "lame" way, or that they are lame? I mean, would you find it lame if the celebrities you like would be on it answering your questions? I'd wager not.

Alpha Centauri
What in the world could possibly be lame about a relatively simple internet app, like that?

Are you trying to say that most people use it in a "lame" way, or that they are lame? I mean, would you find it lame if the celebrities you like would be on it answering your questions? I'd wager not.

I personally find it lame for the reasons I find non-celebs using Twitter to be lame.

You're (In general, not specifically you) a random human being, why do you think yourself so important that people would want to ask you questions? Well, not so much that they have questions, but that you need an open forum for it.

I look at these Formsprings and it's all people that they know, asking them shit that they could ask via MSN, PM, email etc. It's self-indulgent and pathetic, like people who have blogs in which they post other peoples' photography as if to express their individuality.

If you want an internet platform, at the very least use it to express your own opinions about a subject or medium. Music news, news in general, something that involves you commenting on something interesting; that's fine.

Too many people want to feel like the celebrities of their own pages, that's why it's lame. "Oooh! Ask me a question! Indulge me about anything!".

If you follow people on Twitter, if you actually care about what someone famous is having for breakfast or whatever, then you seriously need to re-evaluate your life.

That's my opinion.

It's just madly self-indulgent, even for celebrities. At least with celebrities of merit there are questions you could ask, "When's your new album coming out? How's the new album going? What inspires your art?" or whatever. You don't get to do that every day. You do come on KMC frequently, most of you, and those of you that don't almost definitely have each other on MSN.

It's just another way for non-celebrities to feel celebrity. It's a horrible and depressing aspect of popular culture.

"I created mine just because.". No, you didn't. You created it to be indulged.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I personally find it lame for the reasons I find non-celebs using Twitter to be lame.

You're (In general, not specifically you) a random human being, why do you think yourself so important that people would want to ask you questions? Well, not so much that they have questions, but that you need an open forum for it.

I look at these Formsprings and it's all people that they know, asking them shit that they could ask via MSN, PM, email etc. It's self-indulgent and pathetic, like people who have blogs in which they post other peoples' photography as if to express their individuality.

If you want an internet platform, at the very least use it to express your own opinions about a subject or medium. Music news, news in general, something that involves you commenting on something interesting; that's fine.

Too many people want to feel like the celebrities of their own pages, that's why it's lame. "Oooh! Ask me a question! Indulge me about anything!".

If you follow people on Twitter, if you actually care about what someone famous is having for breakfast or whatever, then you seriously need to re-evaluate your life.

That's my opinion.

It's just madly self-indulgent, even for celebrities. At least with celebrities of merit there are questions you could ask, "When's your new album coming out? How's the new album going? What inspires your art?" or whatever. You don't get to do that every day. You do come on KMC frequently, most of you, and those of you that don't almost definitely have each other on MSN.

It's just another way for non-celebrities to feel celebrity. It's a horrible and depressing aspect of popular culture.

-AC Should DDM piss off?

Kelly_Bean
http://www.formspring.com/forms/?798536-NRyIKIXXZ4

Kelly_Bean
I love you too, John. stick out tongue
I found...two last night...if you know what I mean.

Bardock42

That's my opinion.

-AC

Fair enough, it somewhat ties into my point that to you the majority of users is lame or at least using it lame. I could see multiple usages for a tool like formspring (and twitter). I do agree that it is immensely self indulgent, but so are many things, so are forums at times, so is twitter, so is facebook....you enjoy a rather human need of being liked or at least be in some positive or negative way aknowledged, I suppose, I wouldn't however judge that as so lame. As for twitter, to me it is a very useful tool, it is incredibly good at keeping up with the latest developments, there are some very interesting and insightful people on there, too. Like I said, I can see formspring as useful because it provides a centralized, public, yet not too personal way of receiving questions, it is not perfect but I could see it as a good addition to a somewhat popular blog or even a business, but it all depends on how it developes. In my case though I do just enjoy answering questions, it may be very self indulgent, and it may be lame to you and RJ and many others, but I do honestly enjoy it, and I don't have a problem with indulging my less sophisticated urges at times.

Though I also don't buy that only celebrities can have interesting things to say,

Alpha Centauri
Fair enough, it somewhat ties into my point that to you the majority of users is lame or at least using it lame. I could see multiple usages for a tool like formspring (and twitter). I do agree that it is immensely self indulgent, but so are many things, so are forums at times, so is twitter, so is facebook....you enjoy a rather human need of being liked or at least be in some positive or negative way aknowledged, I suppose, I wouldn't however judge that as so lame. As for twitter, to me it is a very useful tool, it is incredibly good at keeping up with the latest developments, there are some very interesting and insightful people on there, too. Like I said, I can see formspring as useful because it provides a centralized, public, yet not too personal way of receiving questions, it is not perfect but I could see it as a good addition to a somewhat popular blog or even a business, but it all depends on how it developes. In my case though I do just enjoy answering questions, it may be very self indulgent, and it may be lame to you and RJ and many others, but I do honestly enjoy it, and I don't have a problem with indulging my less sophisticated urges at times.

Though I also don't buy that only celebrities can have interesting things to say,

That's just it, though. I hate it because it's self-indulgent to the point of nausea.

If you haven't got a legitimate reason to be updating people, or following people, then I don't see the point of Twitter. Bands and artists use it like a website, which is fine. "Our album is out...this time." etc. Fine.

I just hate it when celebrities or people just use it to show off who they know and stuff. It's one of the worst aspects of popular culture, to me, this whole wave of people feeling the need to be stars of their own little piece of internet for no reason.

The internet is a madly amazing tool, and anyone can sign up for a blog or whatever. You have a platform with which you can express things you know or want to talk about. Sure, it can be pretentious, but if you're insightful or whatever when doing it...providing a service, it can be very useful.

Yet, people choose to get blogs so they can post artsy angled pictures of Starbucks cups and the Eiffel Tower. Why? You have unlimited cultural reach with which to communicate with others and you just use it to regurgitate nonsense?

That's what I hate about this wave of self-made celebrity tools. Formspring isn't necessarily as bad because at the very least it's communication. It's just horrifyingly self-indulgent to me.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I love you too, John. stick out tongue
I found...two last night...if you know what I mean. haermm I knew there had to be some online somewhere.

mikeydude
@ AC,
you need to stop evaluating others life and start your own, because in all that time it took you to make a point you act just like everyone elece.

and Bardock,

almost the same but your alittle more open minded.

overlord
I think I used to have a fight with AC

at least I have him in my quotebook of my profile smile smile smile

mikeydude
sigh.

Kelly_Bean
haermm I knew there had to be some online somewhere.
Yeah...only like freaking 2. erm

overlord
Originally posted by mikeydude
sigh. why do you sigh big grin

Bardock42
That's just it, though. I hate it because it's self-indulgent to the point of nausea.

If you haven't got a legitimate reason to be updating people, or following people, then I don't see the point of Twitter. Bands and artists use it like a website, which is fine. "Our album is out...this time." etc. Fine.

I just hate it when celebrities or people just use it to show off who they know and stuff. It's one of the worst aspects of popular culture, to me, this whole wave of people feeling the need to be stars of their own little piece of internet for no reason.

The internet is a madly amazing tool, and anyone can sign up for a blog or whatever. You have a platform with which you can express things you know or want to talk about. Sure, it can be pretentious, but if you're insightful or whatever when doing it...providing a service, it can be very useful.

Yet, people choose to get blogs so they can post artsy angled pictures of Starbucks cups and the Eiffel Tower. Why? You have unlimited cultural reach with which to communicate with others and you just use it to regurgitate nonsense?

That's what I hate about this wave of self-made celebrity tools. Formspring isn't necessarily as bad because at the very least it's communication. It's just horrifyingly self-indulgent to me.

-AC

Well, I can understand that and to some degree agree, too. It just seemed like you and RJ were knocking the site, which to me seems like a pretty well crafted app with a point. To be fair though I was just putting you and RJ on the same side there, you two obviously made different arguments.

Bardock42
@ AC,
you need to stop evaluating others life and start your own, because in all that time it took you to make a point you act just like everyone elece.

and Bardock,

Dude, what's wrong with evaluating people's lifes? There's a whole science for that, two actually....uhuh

Also, you seem to base it solely on the amount we wrote rather than the quality or points within, which is just sad.

mikeydude
Dude, what's wrong with evaluating people's lifes? There's a whole science for that, two actually....uhuh

Also, you seem to base it solely on the amount we wrote rather than the quality or points within, which is just sad.
oh theres nothing wrong with it, its just you should have your own life in the process, instead of just processing others lifes for your own personal benefit.

Bardock42
oh theres nothing wrong with it, its just you should have your own life in the process, instead of just processing others lifes for your own personal benefit.

And you figured from a 100 word post that AC and I don't have a life?

Mr. Rhythmic
I have absolutely no life.

mikeydude
no, but you obviously enjoy nic-picking on others lives.

Peach
I like it for the same reason that I like those "make a comment anonymously" or "ask a question screened that I'll answer privately" memes on LJ - which I know you've participated in on my LJ before, AC. Sometimes it's fun to see what sort of things people will say or ask where there's that mask of anonymity involved.

Who cares if it's self-indulgent. It can still be fun.

overlord
never heard of formspring big grin

am I out of touch?

Bardock42
no, but you obviously enjoy nic-picking on others lives.
Oh yeah? How do you figure? In fact it seems the only one of us commenting on someone's life specifically is you .... interesting hmm

Alpha Centauri
I'm not self-indulging by asking questions, Lana.

Doing it once in a while can be interesting, having a site for it is just stupid to me.

I care that it's self-indulgent, you might not and that's why you have a Formspring. Well done. No right or wrong.

@ AC,

and Bardock,

Did you just evaluate my life while telling me to not do the same?

Yes.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yeah...only like freaking 2. erm Good stuff?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.