KMC Olympics: The Footrace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Five contenders have been registered, and may compete.

This event is a foot race from Pacific Canada to Atlantic Canada, and matches characters navigational skill, foot speed, and endurance against one another.
Rules:
-Running is the only method of transportation allowed. No flight, teleportation, sliding, rolling, or any other crap. You must run!
-Despite this, equipment and powers meant to enhance running speed, endurance, navigational skill ect, are allowed, but no other equipment or powers.
-No violence! This is a race, no smiting the other competitors.

Who takes gold?

MadMel
shadow, if he gets his rocket boots
otherwise sonic and shadow tied

how fast can the RMOH IV go?

DarkC
Sonic IMO.

MadMel
shadow is technically faster, due to his boots

also, would shadow be allowed to take off his bracelet rings from *sigh* sonic 06

LLLLLink
Running man in epic spite.
You cant beat him with cheats, teleporting, or modes of transportation other than running.
He should be disqualified stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
The running man of Hyrule's speed is context based. He's always exactly fast enough to win by 1 second. stick out tongue

Yes.

LLLLLink
Seriously, he's faster than darkness. 1 full second faster, to be exact.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MadMel
shadow is technically faster, due to his boots

also, would shadow be allowed to take off his bracelet rings from *sigh* sonic 06

As I understand it, his boots are what enable him to move as fast as Sonic, or they are just his preferred 'method' of movement. Is he faster than Sonic is S'06? Various sources claim that Sonic is the fastest, and that Shadow can only rival, not exceed him.

As for his bracelets, don't think so.

EDIT: Nevermind, bracelets coming off is allowed.

MadMel
if shadow can take off his bracelets, he wins by a stomp
not even the running man can beat sega's version of the kaio ken stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Can Shadow win in less than a second, thus stopping The Running Man's power? 131

MadMel
piccolo - KAIO KEN!!

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Running man in epic spite.
You cant beat him with cheats, teleporting, or modes of transportation other than running.
He should be disqualified stick out tongue

Can not believe this has not been said: Game mechanic.

ScreamPaste
Nah, the running man was intentionally put in the game by Nintendo to ruin people's childhoods as they spent months searching for ways to beat him.

I personally restarted an Ocarina of Time file simply because I thought there was a way to beat him, that I couldn't find. He outruns teleportation, horses, and you. Nintendo eventually gave a statement admitting that he was unbeatable, and that they're terrorists who'd been laughing at our pain.

Clearly, the running man is a demon sent to plague us. :c

BloodRain
Sonic easy. May be the tied fastest but he can run on water unlike Shadow. He can run over all the lakes and Hudson bay (straight line when others have to turn.)

Sin_Volvagia
Sonic is FTL

ScreamPaste
Since when? no expression He can only light-speed-dash if there's a line of rings as of SA:2B, which was the last one I finished because Heroes sucked.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Since when? no expression He can only light-speed-dash if there's a line of rings as of SA:2B, which was the last one I finished because Heroes sucked.

I was thinking outside the games.

iChaos
Sonic...I think.

MooCowofJustice
I think Shadow is worthless in this thread since he's limited to running and can't skate with his weird shoes.

Running Man of Hyrule for Gold
Sonic for Silver
Samus for Bronze

NemeBro
Running Man manages to take the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals by crossing the finish three times before anyone else can do so once.

MadMel
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I think Shadow is worthless in this thread since he's limited to running and can't skate with his weird shoes.
Originally posted by BloodRain
Sonic easy. May be the tied fastest but he can run on water unlike Shadow.
-facepalm of epic proportions-
shadow can run just as fast as sonic without his boots - the boots only make him move faster
and shadow can run on water erm

DarkestSonata
Running man's ability is a no-limit falacy, therefore he should be disqualified.

MooCowofJustice
Nah. If they can finish the race in under a second he loses.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by NemeBro
Running Man manages to take the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals by crossing the finish three times before anyone else can do so once.

And then tries to patronize you by telling you that he only won by one second, that bastard... laughing

ares834
Nah. If they can finish the race in under a second he loses.
Nah. Even if Sonic finishes the race in .23 seconds TRMoH has already won with a time of -.77 seconds.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by ares834
Nah. Even if Sonic finishes the race in .23 seconds TRMoH has already won with a time of -.77 seconds.

Running Man of Hyrule. He's faster than darkness.

Wei Phoenix
Running dude loses his unbeatable factor.

FinalAnswer
Nah ah.

The Running Man cannot lose his POWAH.

The Running Man actually CAN be beaten by Link using TIME PARADOX, but so far, no one has outrun him.

Anyone who thinks the Running Man gets less the Gold must be subjected to being repeatedly kicked in the nuts by moose. uhuh

BloodRain
-facepalm of epic proportions-
shadow can run just as fast as sonic without his boots - the boots only make him move faster
and shadow can run on water erm

Must of forgotten that part. When was it shown?

ScreamPaste
In SA:2B, they ran at the same speed, and Shadow had his rocket skates.

BloodRain
On water? If so, a photo-finish says who win.

ScreamPaste
Oh, I dunno about the water thing, I'm just commenting on wat I remember from back in the day.

MooCowofJustice
I want to challenge the Running Man of Hyrule to a race and then go put the Master Sword back. Beat him by seven years. :O

That's probably the Time Paradox thing someone mentioned earlier.

FinalAnswer
Yeah. Dun't acknowledge me or anything. I'm just some nobody.

ares834
I want to challenge the Running Man of Hyrule to a race and then go put the Master Sword back. Beat him by seven years. :O

That's probably the Time Paradox thing someone mentioned earlier.
Ah but the RMoH would have then already won 7 years and one second ago when you challenge him.

Maester_yoda
@ FinalAnswer: you are always something to somebody

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ares834
Ah but the RMoH would have then already won 7 years and one second ago when you challenge him.

No.

You can actually beat the Running Man in OoT

XiCtAUrZbUk

ScreamPaste
So, can anyone run across Canada in a second or less?

Edit: Go stand on the bridge for 7 in game years!?! **** YOU, NINTENDO!

Moar edit: that took Link -1 seconds. Lol. Damn. Good luck, everyone else...

FinalAnswer
The Running Man could smile

ScreamPaste
Seems so.

Running Man takes Gold.

Who takes silver!?

Maester_yoda
Sonic. Shadow is a wanna be anyway

NemeBro
Shadow's speed in relation to Sonic is inconsistent.

Sometimes, they are equal, sometimes one is greater, in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) I am pretty sure Sonic was faster than Shadow WITH his boots.

Although it should be noted that Shadow is faster than Sonic when Shadow removes his rings. This is unarguable.

Wei Phoenix
Scream has allowed him the ability to remove his rings.

MadMel
Shadow's speed in relation to Sonic is inconsistent.
only in gameplay

Sometimes, they are equal, sometimes one is greater, in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) I am pretty sure Sonic was faster than Shadow WITH his boots.
again, only in gameplay

Although it should be noted that Shadow is faster than Sonic when Shadow removes his rings. This is unarguable.
very true erm

Demonic Phoenix
Outside of gameplay, they are equals, even when Shadow has his boots on. I don't remember any cutscene where Shadow is shown as faster, though I can't remember each an every one, so I might be wrong.
Shadow without his rings is another story.

Sin_Volvagia
In this case:

Gold-Shadow
Silver-Sonic
Bronze-Running Man

Maester_yoda
running man has already been established Gold

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Maester_yoda

Lol, implied facepalm would go well with this phrase.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
In this case:

Gold-Shadow
Silver-Sonic
Bronze-Running Man

^Correcto.

Think my sonic know-how has dropped, but when did Shadows ring removal increase his speed? Thought it was only his strength and/or energy thing.

Sin_Volvagia

I know that. I'm just picking the winners without bias.

Before you say anything about Running Man being the instant winner, Super Sonic can go light speed. If the Hylian were to do that OoT race with him, he would meet Sonic at the finish line saying "You're too slow!"

Cosmic Cube
I thought this was the KMC User Olympics. That would be more interesting. I imagine BT would wipe the floor with us, though. erm

That guy is sooo awesome. droolio

Anyways, can Samus Shinespark or Speed Boost? If so she totally has this sewn up.

ScreamPaste
She can, but that's not enough to outrun the running man of Hyrule. That guy's unbeatable. Link had to cross an entire country before the race even started to win.

Cosmic Cube
She can, but that's not enough to outrun the running man of Hyrule. That guy's unbeatable. Link had to cross an entire country before the race even started to win. Well, what if she teleports at the start of the race?

ScreamPaste
She can't teleport, and teleportation is banned anyway. It's a foot race.

Cosmic Cube
She can't teleport, and teleportation is banned anyway. It's a foot race. No fair. You didn't say that in the first post.

ScreamPaste
Yes, I did..

Cosmic Cube
Yes, I did.. I don't see what you're talking about.

Maester_yoda
are you a flipping idiot? or do you have BT syndrome and can't see what is plain to the rest of the world?

1st sentence under Rules.

Cosmic Cube
are you a flipping idiot? or do you have BT syndrome and can't see what is plain to the rest of the world?

1st sentence under Rules. I hope that wasn't a flame, mister. There seems to be malice in your words.

And don't ever speak poorly of BT. English isn't his native language, you know.

MadMel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Outside of gameplay, they are equals, even when Shadow has his boots on. shadow can keep up with sonic without using his boots..if he uses them he gets an extra speed boost that puts him ahead of sonic..
I don't remember any cutscene where Shadow is shown as faster, though I can't remember each an every one, so I might be wrong.
Shadow without his rings is another story. pick any cutscene where sonic is shown to have been beaten to a bloody pulp by shadow...shadow is the only character save perhaps silver who has beaten sonic in as fair fight, and he did it because hes faster erm

The Scenario
So how fast can Sonic and Shadow go? I'm pretty sure the lightspeed tthing only applies to their super forms, and even then I've only seen this in the comics. Also, they aren't exactly running, but flying.

Samus can move at supersonic speed, which could be anywhere between mach 1.2 and mach 4, but I don't know where exactly.

NemeBro
only in gameplay

again, only in gameplay

very true erm Funny, in Adventure 2, they were shown running side by side, same speed. And in Sonic Battle, Shadow's running speed is ranked higher than Sonic's, though I admit even I am not sure of Battle's canonicity in the series.

Also, Sonic and Shadow have been estimated as high as mach 5 I think...

No End N Site
I hate The Running Man of Hyrule, that game took me longer to beat than it should have because of him. But are we assumin' that TRMoH can beat anyone just because he can beat Link, no matter what?

The Scenario
Mach 5 is no longer supersonic. That's getting into hypersonic territory . Flying or running?

Phanteros
Battle is just a remake of Adventure 2 isn't it.

Demonic Phoenix
shadow can keep up with sonic without using his boots..if he uses them he gets an extra speed boost that puts him ahead of sonic..
pick any cutscene where sonic is shown to have been beaten to a bloody pulp by shadow...shadow is the only character save perhaps silver who has beaten sonic in as fair fight, and he did it because hes faster erm

Or maybe that's because he can use his Chaos-based powers far easier than Sonic, and makes frequent use of them.

Silver is far slower than Sonic, yet he can beat Sonic.

The only place I can recall where Shadow is even mentioned as being faster than Sonic was in Sonic Battle. I take that series with a grain of salt.
Sega's profiles for Shadow usually mention that he can 'skate' at speeds that rival Sonic's, not run, skate.

~ If Shadow were faster than Sonic, what would be the point of Sonic anyway? His main trademark is that he's the fastest thing.

MadMel
Or maybe that's because he can use his Chaos-based powers far easier than Sonic, and makes frequent use of them. or he can skate circles around sonic then drive him through a wall

Silver is far slower than Sonic, yet he can beat Sonic. he got TK raped when he was standing still..theres kind of a difference..

The only place I can recall where Shadow is even mentioned as being faster than Sonic was in Sonic Battle. I take that series with a grain of salt. still canon

Sega's profiles for Shadow usually mention that he can 'skate' at speeds that rival Sonic's, not run, skate. still not canon

~ If Shadow were faster than Sonic, what would be the point of Sonic anyway? His main trademark is that he's the fastest thing.
shadow is the "ultimate life-form" - it'd be kinda redundant if the ultimate life-form was pwned because he was too slow..

XanatosForever
Originally posted by No End N Site
I hate The Running Man of Hyrule, that game took me longer to beat than it should have because of him. But are we assumin' that TRMoH can beat anyone just because he can beat Link, no matter what?

No, we're assuming that he wins because he can only be defeated by breaking the law of relativity. Even RAGE can't counter this.

No End N Site
Originally posted by XanatosForever
No, we're assuming that he wins because he can only be defeated by breaking the law of relativity. Even RAGE can't counter this.

The deal wit TRMoH is just a silly game mechanic tho, I would assume it applies only in the Oot. I remember playin' a Megaman game where I couldn't beat the boss until Protoman killed himself. Does that mean that this boss can not be beaten by anyone unless Protoman jumps in and dies for their sins?

ScreamPaste
It's not a game mechanic. no expression The only way to beat him is to get there in -1 seconds. No one in this event can do that.

No End N Site
It's not a game mechanic. no expression The only way to beat him is to get there in -1 seconds. No one in this event can do that.

But he is always 1 second ahead of Link, it IS a game mechanic. If Link takes a 1000 years to get there, he'll take a second less. He exists to beat Link. He is always a second a head of Link in Oot. How does this make him 1 second faster than Sonic who moves at mach speeds wit no special powers. Sonic runs this fast naturally. No time travel, no horses, nothin'. He was born fast.

If Link was in this race and he finished last, TRMoH would finish 2nd to last, 1 second ahead of Link, not everyone else. Because Link is not here, he would have to actually run, rather than magically appear 1 second a ahead of Link

ScreamPaste
It is not a gameplay mechanic, because Link /did/ beat him. He got there in -1 seconds, and the Running Man got there in time to notify him of that. Time paradoxes ensued.

IE, the running man crossed Hyrule insantly.

No End N Site
It is not a gameplay mechanic, because Link /did/ beat him. He got there in -1 seconds, and the Running Man got there in time to notify him of that. Time paradoxes ensued.

IE, the running man crossed Hyrule insantly.
It only proves it's gameplay because we know if Link takes 7 years, TRoM will take 6 Years, 364 days, 23 hours and 59 seconds. That's kinda slow. And now magically he can run across Hyrule in a second just to one up Link? You have to be one hell of a Zelda fan to not see that as gameplay.

Also, I heard that vid was fake. A dude posted it on Yahoo Answers and he was told it was impossible. The congratulations for beatin' him was admittedly never even programed into the the game. He hacked the game to tell him he he won. The guy coulda said "Wow 4 years" and Link still woulda won.

ScreamPaste
Link plz?

Except when he loses to Link, he gets there in less than a second. Not gameplay.

Until you prove the vid's fake.

No End N Site
Link plz?

Can you beat the Running Man?

The Running Man cannot be beat. I'm sure Shigeru Miyamoto had a great time thinking about how many people would waste hours trying to be the first one to beat him. No matter what you do, he is always one second faster than you. As proof, the English screentext translator reports that he had never had to translate a congratulations message for when you finally beat him.

http://www.zeldaelements.net/5rumours.shtml

Yet the massage is in english AND YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE HIM PROGRAM THE WORDS INTO THE GOD DAMN ROM FILE ON WHAT IS CLEARLY AN EMULATOR.

You should read the comments below the youtube vid.

More proof
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090921224222AAEA7sE

Except when he loses to Link, he gets there in less than a second. Not gameplay.

Until you prove the vid's fake.

You didn't just see the guy bring up the the Program Files and see him type in what he wanted TRMoH to say?! Are you blind Scream, that vid is fake as hell? Or should I say, that Zelda game was fake as hell.

ScreamPaste
Did we watch the same vid? If this was in the video, I would have noticed.
We're not watching the same video.

anyway:
Both links are inconclusive. The best evidence used was by the Yahoo answers guy who noted time doesn't pass on the bridge.

I'll go look around.

Sin_Volvagia
Can you beat the Running Man?

The Running Man cannot be beat. I'm sure Shigeru Miyamoto had a great time thinking about how many people would waste hours trying to be the first one to beat him. No matter what you do, he is always one second faster than you. As proof, the English screentext translator reports that he had never had to translate a congratulations message for when you finally beat him.

http://www.zeldaelements.net/5rumours.shtml

Yet the massage is in english AND YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE HIM PROGRAM THE WORDS INTO THE GOD DAMN ROM FILE ON WHAT IS CLEARLY AN EMULATOR.

You should read the comments below the youtube vid.

More proof
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090921224222AAEA7sE

You didn't just see the guy bring up the the Program Files and see him type in what he wanted TRMoH to say?! Are you blind Scream, that vid is fake as hell? Or should I say, that Zelda game was fake as hell.

Because you have proof, ScreamPaste is officially Gannon-banned!

ScreamPaste
I never claimed I beat him, FinalAnswer posted a video. Gannon-ban him.

NemeBro
The deal wit TRMoH is just a silly game mechanic tho, I would assume it applies only in the Oot. I remember playin' a Megaman game where I couldn't beat the boss until Protoman killed himself. Does that mean that this boss can not be beaten by anyone unless Protoman jumps in and dies for their sins? It is common knowledge that Protoman is in fact Jesus.

No End N Site
It turns out we we're lookin' at different vids. Here is what really happened. It may appear to be the same vid, but just wait, you'll see.

dQnx2qDrB78

It is common knowledge that Protoman is in fact Jesus. There is a form of him called Protojesus in MM4. Go to Gamefaqs to see how to get it

FinalAnswer
It's funny that no one posted that the video was fake in the comments of the video.

Also, you must be watching a different video. At no time did he program the words.

ScreamPaste
Watching the video No End poste,d they're watching the Youtube video, then begin to edit a text file, which could be part of an unpacked OoT, and change the text /after/ the running man in the video they're watching already said that Link beat him.

which is redundant, because the video is of a video.

I'll go turn off the frame rate on my emulator and see if it works.. Get back to you in a week.

No End N Site
The vid is showin' you what the guy did to make the fake vid possible. Debunking it.

ScreamPaste
I'm off to go test it. FYI, this means beating OoT All over again. Glorious.

No End N Site
I'm off to go test it. FYI, this means beating OoT All over again. Glorious.
Lol, have fun! Oot NEVER gets old!

ScreamPaste
It doesn't. big grin The game's 11 and a bit years old now (will be 12 later this year.), and it still feels glorious everytiem I fire it up.

But yeah..Testing this is going to make me rage if it doesn't work. stick out tongue

No End N Site
I still have my Gamecube because of it.

ScreamPaste
I had an N64 with gold cart, but it got stolen. ._. It was like my pride and joy, man.

No End N Site
Dude, mine got stolen too, by the Police. Seriously. I only had Oot, Mace Nights and Bomber Man Hero. I was so pissed. I was tryin' so hard to build a decent collection.

ScreamPaste
Something like that happened to my ex. Her ex stole her N64.. Lulz. N64 theft is rampant.

Demonic Phoenix
or he can skate circles around sonic then drive him through a wall

Yes, because that's what he always does against opponents as fast as him: skate around them for some time, and then hammer them into the wall...

he got TK raped when he was standing still..theres kind of a difference..

Point is that in a fight, Silver's TK powers give him an advantage over Sonic, just like Shadow's ability and willingness to use Chaos powers.

Doesn't even matter though, Sonic still beat Shadow in Sonic Chronicles, which is most likely canon.

still canon

Yeah, you're right there. Still, it's about the only place where Shadow is claimed to be faster, most other places have them as equals, and we have some in-game ones as well.

still not canon

WUT? Sega Profiles not canon?

shadow is the "ultimate life-form" - it'd be kinda redundant if the ultimate life-form was pwned because he was too slow..

Sonic is the "fastest thing alive" - it'd be kinda redundant if the fastest thing alive was pwned because there was someone faster than him.

stick out tongue...

srsly though.

MadMel
Point is that in a fight, Silver's TK powers give him an advantage over Sonic, just like Shadow's ability and willingness to use Chaos powers. and yet shadow - wow, wtf? anyways - and yet shadow....dammit now i lost my train of thought erm

Doesn't even matter though, Sonic still beat Shadow in Sonic Chronicles, which is most likely canon. and shadow beat sonic in adventure 2..actually no it was a draw, but shadow was distracted..

Yeah, you're right there. Still, it's about the only place where Shadow is claimed to be faster, most other places have them as equals, and we have some in-game ones as well.
again, train of thought lost, because my kmc is broken erm

WUT? Sega Profiles not canon? the 'sega profiles' ive read are most likely going to be very different from the ones youve read..

and ect
'sega profiles' are unreliable and contradict the canon of the games..

Sonic is the "fastest thing alive" - it'd be kinda redundant if the fastest thing alive was pwned because there was someone faster than him. sonic is not canonically the fastest thing alive, but nonetheless, touche stick out tongue

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyways, it seems we cant convince eachother, which really doest matter, since it was stated by scream that shadow can take his bracelets off..
so lets leave it at that

ScreamPaste
I may also have to disqualify the running man for substance abuse. *standing on a bridge* ..Ask me in a week.

Demonic Phoenix
I may also have to disqualify the running man for substance abuse. *standing on a bridge* ..Ask me in a week.
BanHammer him.

again, train of thought lost, because my kmc is broken erm

Excuses excuses stick out tongue.

the 'sega profiles' ive read are most likely going to be very different from the ones youve read..

and ect
'sega profiles' are unreliable and contradict the canon of the games..

Hmm, fair enough. Some seem to be reliable though, based on what is in them. Selectivity dude.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyways, it seems we cant convince eachother, which really doest matter, since it was stated by scream that shadow can take his bracelets off..
so lets leave it at that

I was going to suggest the very same thing in this post of mine, but you beat me to it...

Power Rings don't do anything to Sonic speed-wise in the games do they?
I think it was the SatAM series that first used that.

MadMel
while they do wonders for sonic in sonicX, the rings have no real canon use, other than to maintain the hedgehog's super form erm

Wei Phoenix
Sonic was the fastest thing alive before Shadow came along and his removal of rings.

MadMel
actually before shadow came along knuckles and sonic were the speed rivals..the whole "i are knuckles - i slow but i can punch mountains - RAWR!!" thing didnt happen for a while i dont think stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
That happened in the second game Knuckles was in, I think, if not Sonic 3 itself. stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
while they do wonders for sonic in sonicX, the rings have no real canon use, other than to maintain the hedgehog's super form erm

Screw Sonic X, the only good about that show was Rouge, and perhaps the little bits of humor here and there.

SatAM was where the rings started to actually serve some purpose to Sonic (outside of the select instances where Sonic turned Super). I'm pretty sure of that.

BloodRain
Dark Sonic should return in a game :/

LLLLLink
Knuckles was strong enough to knock the Chaos Emeralds off of Sonic while he was in Super Mode. So, what does that say about Sonic's durability or Knuckle's strength?

MadMel
Screw Sonic X, the only good about that show was Rouge, and perhaps the little bits of humor here and there.
wrong - knux was voiced by dan green, therefor knux was the best part of sonicX - even though every time he spoke i was like "mewtwo/yami/littlekuriboh" stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
wrong - knux was voiced by dan green, therefor knux was the best part of sonicX - even though every time he spoke i was like "mewtwo/yami/littlekuriboh" stick out tongue

Ahh, right, I forgot about Knuckles and his l33t voice; Rouge and him were teh best teh best teh best.
Pity Knuckles could be such a douche in that series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.