Moon Knight vs. Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
Everyone's gotta do it sometime, it looks liek MoonKnights turn is coming up:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1130285-128_vengeance_of_the_moon_knight_8.jpg

setting: NYC

Wild Shadow
armor MK can hold his own and pull some wins but i gotta back my boy DP 7/10

DarthDaniel1001
If Deadpool has his healing factor, then he kills Marc every time.

Enyalus
Deadpool's already owned Zombie Moon Knight with ease. Can't see regular Marc fairing any better.

Trackz
Originally posted by Enyalus
Deadpool's already owned Zombie Moon Knight with ease. Can't see regular Marc fairing any better. Why can't you? haha Regular moon knight has much better equipment/armor.

in marvel if you don't have a healing factor chances are you have amazing gear.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Trackz
Why can't you? haha Regular moon knight has much better equipment/armor.
*shrugs* Zombie Marc had his adamantium crescent moons...

SamZED
I bet regular Moon knight will do much better than zombie for the sole fact that he's THE Moon Knight, even though it doesnt make much sense.

snoopdogg
Regular MK didn't do so well against Bullseye. But now he's go armor so that will change things.

snoopdogg
This fight didn't go as expected. They kinda jobbed MK in his own book.

-K-M-
I wouldn't say that, MK was definetly getting the better of the exchanges and he was trying to protect the patient.

Deadpool made the comment he wasn't taking him serious at thend, but overall prior to that MK looked the better. Wasn't much of a fight though

snoopdogg
I thought it was going good until Wade said he wasn't taking MK seriously and then he was done messing around and then MK sucker shots him out a window with his attention distracted.

-K-M-
Yeah I still don't see how MK jobbed there, especially when MK was getting the better of him.

snoopdogg
MK was getting the better of him because DP wasn't taking him seriously.

snoopdogg
I mean...I'm reading the book and MK was doing rather well and holding his own.....then we go on to find out that DP wasn't taking him seriously. It was a letdown for me.

-K-M-
and we never saw them fight when he said he wasn't taking him serious, but let's be honest when has DP EVER taken anyone serious. Meh!

He was doing more then holding his own.

snoopdogg
He was holding his own...against a passive DP.

StiltmanFTW
Maybe DP just likes being passive? laughing out loud

But seriously now, I agree with Mungi. And I hope they'll fight again in the next issue.

snoopdogg
Clearly he was more interesting in looking at the nurse than fighting MK.

StiltmanFTW
There's always something that would distract him. Yellow boxes, a hot chick, hallucinations, voices in the head, vivid memories, a joke he remembered. That's basically his another super power.

And I find it weird the costume made out of sheet surprised him. Wade's seen everything and should have heard about MK before.

-K-M-
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He was holding his own...against a passive DP.

Correction he was winning...and you call that passive? Heh!

But really it was to breif to make any sort of judgment call, but jobbing MK did not do or did he get embarassed.

snoopdogg
I got the impression the writer was trying to show MK wasn't in Deadpool's league. Kinda like the Bullseye fight....that was crap they had to have MK use hit and run tacitcs to beat Bullseye. In my view MK should be able to beat Bullseye.

BruceSkywalker
Spector's only chance is for Wade to talk himself to death..

that said Deadpool stomps

-K-M-
If Deadpool was schooling him sure you could make the comment he isn't in DP's league, but MK was clearly getting the better of the fight and an off-hand comment really doesn't change that

Only chance? Oh my.

Mindset
Deadpool

geshien
Wade doesn't take a lot of things seriously.

With him, it's kinda like a roulette. He either is on his (unorthodox) game and does impressive showings or he's too lost in is own world where he gets owned.

And I wouldn't have it any other way either.

DP 6.5/10

Trackz
bump

Mindset
DP

juggernaut74
MK already beat DP.

Lord_Talron
via the most PISy fight in the history of comics.

SamZED
Originally posted by juggernaut74
MK already beat DP.

Deadpool beat Sabertooth. Doesnt mean he takes majority in a vs forum.

My 2 cents:

H2H - I dont see MK winning.
Sword fight only - Deadpool is a better swordsman, but MK wins the majority. DP's sword wont do much against carbonadium armor.
All equipment. Could go either way. Both got some crazy stuff.

Then again K-M said MK recieved some kind of upgrade. If its something big I might reconcider.

Trackz
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
via the most PISy fight in the history of comics. ok, you could argue that DP wasn't going all out, but the fight was hardly PIS.

Lord_Talron
him being scared of getting hurt and ending up needing medical attention. if thats not PIS idk what is

Trackz
Originally posted by SamZED
Deadpool beat Sabertooth. Doesnt mean he takes majority in a vs forum.

My 2 cents:

H2H - I dont see MK winning.
Sword fight only - Deadpool is a better swordsman, but MK wins the majority. DP's sword wont do much against carbonadium armor.
All equipment. Could go either way. Both got some crazy stuff.

Then again K-M said MK recieved some kind of upgrade. If its something big I might reconcider. we haven't seen the upgrade yet

Trackz
him being scared of getting hurt and ending up needing medical attention. if thats not PIS idk what is it's happened before, I'm waiting for a writer to come along and explain why Deadpool's healing factor varies so much

SamZED
we haven't seen the upgrade yet Where did the info come from? A preview?

Lord_Talron
ive never seen dp needing medical attention

Trackz
Where did the info come from? A preview? The moon knight shadowland mini, he's accepted Khonshu as his god again, which is what gave Moon KNight his moon powers before, but we haven't seen the powers resurface yet though.

Trackz
ive never seen dp needing medical attention I think it happened in his main series once of twice.

juggernaut74
So does MK still have a book yet?

-K-M-
MK has not receieved his upgrade yet.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
So does MK still have a book yet?

It was on hiatis till Shadowland ended, but I think their pulling a Nova and cancelling it as MK is in the new Heroes for Hire book.

Lord_Talron
I think it happened in his main series once of twice. issue?

Mindset
I think it happened in his main series once of twice. So once or twice in over hundreds of appearances? Lol

-K-M-
DP has died just falling off a cliff before shifty

Trackz
Originally posted by Mindset
So once or twice in over hundreds of appearances? Lol it might means it can happen under the right circumstances, it seems if Deadpool is dismembered he can bleed out if he doesn't reattach the limb.

SamZED
it might means it can happen under the right circumstances, it seems if Deadpool is dismembered he can bleed out if he doesn't reattach the limb. tbh its far from his average showings. For example:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6113/dptu897legioncps019.th.jpg

Lord_Talron
laughing out loud

Trackz
tbh its far from his average showings. For example:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6113/dptu897legioncps019.th.jpg Yea, so I guess it depends on who's writing him. But I don't think him losing when MK started cutting him up was pis, I mean it does take him a while to regenerate limbs.

SamZED
That's true. If he's cut badly takes him some time. But depending on the writer it might take either 10 minutes or 10 seconds like in one of the latest team ups.

Trackz
That's true. If he's cut badly takes him some time. But depending on the writer it might take either 10 minutes or 10 seconds like in one of the latest team ups.

see it would be irrational for Deadpool to have such a massive wound for ten minutes and remain conscious

SamZED
see it would be irrational for Deadpool to have such a massive wound for ten minutes and remain conscious Well he was even councious when most of his body was squashed. Either way, him requiring medical attention gotta be the lowest HF showing in decades.

Trackz
Well he was even councious when most of his body was squashed. Either way, him requiring medical attention gotta be the lowest HF showing in decades. Dunno if he required medical attention or he was just KO'd long enough for him to be taken to the hospital, wherein he healed by himself

SamZED
Dunno if he required medical attention or he was just KO'd long enough for him to be taken to the hospital, wherein he healed by himself Well, he had all the scars and looked like he could barely stand. I have no problem with him passing out but normally he'd just heal before they got him to the hospital. Let alone had the time to stitch the wounds.

Trackz
Well, he had all the scars and looked like he could barely stand. I have no problem with him passing out but normally he'd just heal before they got him to the hospital. Let alone had the time to stitch the wounds. I thought wade was scarred up from his treatment at weapon x and that they didn't heal.

SamZED
I thought wade was scarred up from his treatment at weapon x and that they didn't heal. Yes, but they're cancer marks, not ordinary scars. Pretty sure the ones in the book were stitched wounds. Plus the drip.

Lord_Talron
wades cancer deformities are a RESULT of his healing factor on the cancer. hes kinda in some half cancer limbo or something or other. idk but its been explained

jinzin
see it would be irrational for Deadpool to have such a massive wound for ten minutes and remain conscious

Deadpool =/= rationality.
He's practically a cartoon character ala looney tunes.

Trackz
Originally posted by jinzin
Deadpool =/= rationality.
He's practically a cartoon character ala looney tunes. meaning Deadpool's higher end cartoony feats would be PIS.

Lord_Talron
what? based on what logic?

Trackz
what? based on what logic?

since the feats like deadpool losing a limb and bleeding profusely for an extended period of time without passing out are illogical and PIS seeing as they are often there for humor, while in more serious instances he'll pass out if his limb isn't reattached.

Mindset
You don't read DP comics and/or don't know what pis means.

Trackz
You don't read DP comics and/or don't know what pis means. I've the the entire run of the main series and even then his healing factor varies wildly, so doesn't it make sense to discount the time where Deadpool violates logic for humor in sake of the feats that are more realistic? DP accomplishing a feat for the sake of a joke would be PIS no?

Mindset
If most of DP's feats show a high level of healing, they do, then how would his "high" feats be pis. That's like saying Mxy's feats are pis because of the nature of his character.

I haven't seen a wide range of his healing, the showing of his healing with MK is obviously pis, if you read DP's main series and you don't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Trackz
If most of DP's feats show a high level of healing, they do, then how would his "high" feats be pis. That's like saying Mxy's feats are pis because of the nature of his character.

I haven't seen a wide range of his healing, the showing of his healing with MK is obviously pis, if you read DP's main series and you don't see that I don't know what to tell you.

DP's healing isn't what it used to be, reading his main series it's quite obvious. They vary consistently, I mean didn't he get taken out by Hit-Monkey? In issue #4 of his series he was shot down and woke up in jail. He got beaten by Tiger Shark, washed up a shore and woke up in a hospital, then was shot up and woke up at night in a body bag, in issue #6. He passed out when his leg was chopped off. All of these are in the main series, I could keep going but it seems like it isn't PIS for Deadpool to pass out from massive blood loss.

SamZED
There was no official statement or story that his HF got slower. Besides, he has recently took a nuke, fell from the atmosphere, healed in seconds after being cut to tiny pieces etc etc. I already mentioned that Way (the guy who writes the main series tends to downplay his HF for the sake of plot) but not nearly as bad as it was in the MK issues.

In that issue he on purpose kept his leg from regenerating, if anything, him losing counciousnes after having his leg chopped off was written for the sake of humour (him playing "pirates of the caribbean"wink and may not be PIS but is definitely a very low showing that controdicts 95% of character's history. While him requiring medical attention is just a whole new level of that. In comparison that'd be like Flash getting tagged by a turtle.

Lord_Talron
*scan of flash powerless against a turtle*

bwahahahahaha

King Castle
i keep thinking of the dumb and dumber end scene:

What if he shot you in the face?

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/29/st4.png

Trackz
There was no official statement or story that his HF got slower. Besides, he has recently took a nuke, fell from the atmosphere, healed in seconds after being cut to tiny pieces etc etc. I already mentioned that Way (the guy who writes the main series tends to downplay his HF for the sake of plot) but not nearly as bad as it was in the MK issues.

In that issue he on purpose kept his leg from regenerating, if anything, him losing counciousnes after having his leg chopped off was written for the sake of humour (him playing "pirates of the caribbean"wink and may not be PIS but is definitely a very low showing that controdicts 95% of character's history. While him requiring medical attention is just a whole new level of that. In comparison that'd be like Flash getting tagged by a turtle.

Way and Remender's depiction of his healing factor seem similar, within the first ten issues there are examples of Deadpool taking hours to heal and regain consciousness. It seems that Deadpool's healing has high end and low end feats both in abundance.

In that issue him passing out is logically what would happen if you've been bleeding out of your leg for an extended period of time. Just because you can heal rapidly doesn't mean you don't require a set amount of blood in your body to operate. Deadpool was leaking in the scene. Also Just because he received medical attention it doesn't mean he needed it. He was cut to pieces and was unconscious for hours, naturally doctors would perform the necessary medical procedures, it doesn't mean deadpool wouldn't have been able to heal without them.

Lord_Talron
but being disposed because of it is a whole different story

Mindset
It seems that Deadpool's healing haslow end feats both in abundance.
How many low feats has DP had in his career?

You probably can't even name more than 10.

King Castle
he was hit with a giant hot dog... (1)

he had a man crush and struggled to remove a sword from his chest(2)

was smacked around repeatedly by the Cat.

was held down by duck tape twice iirc

ko'ed himself repeatedly with his own tranqs.

i am sure he has a lot due to the nature of the character

Mindset
We're talking about healing.

King Castle
he once struggled to regrow a finger b/c it was failing later it turned out he was sad...

Wolverine sliced his fingers off and took him forever to regrow them.

he also was ko'ed by a stab to his lungs and heart in a loving man crush in Logan's embrace.

Mindset
You seem to be missing the point.

Trackz
How many low feats has DP had in his career?

You probably can't even name more than 10. as of recent? the low number seem to outnumber the high, I just named five that were in the first couple of issues of his main series. 6 if you count the moon knight feat, wolverine ko'd him when he stabbed him in the cut in the Wolverine series. Was zapped unconscious by White Lightning. in the bonus story of Deadpool #25 he had to tape up his chest wound so he wouldn't bleed out. He was one-shotted by the fake steve rogers twice. In Uncanny X-force #1 he got chopped in the head with an axe by War and was taken captive. He was beaten in Uncanny X-Force #2 after getting chopped in half. There are a couple of more, most of them in the past year or two.

It seems that if a wound is fatal, it will KO deadpool if he doesn't tend to it immediately.

Mindset
Oh, we are ignoring all his previous feats, ok.

How are the last 2 even low feats?

Trackz
Oh, we are ignoring all his previous feats, ok.

How are the last 2 even low feats?

my argument has just been that if Deadpool is dealt a fatal wound that he doesn't deal with it can KO him for an extended period of time.

Mindset
my argument has just been that if Deadpool is dealt a fatal wound that he doesn't deal with it can KO him for an extended period of time. Your argument was that his appearance with MK was not pis. When has DP ever been hurt enough that scenes later he needed to be hooked up to ivs, shown scars from a fight, and barely mobile from all appearance?

Trackz
Your argument was that his appearance with MK was not pis. When has DP ever been hurt enough that scenes later he needed to be hooked up to ivs, shown scars from a fight, and barely mobile from all appearance?

MK dealt him fatal wounds, meaning deadpool was unconscious for what could've been hours, naturally if he was picked up he'd be sent to the ER and they'd perform the necessary procedures thinking he was a normal person, that doesn't mean he needed the medical attention. DP's body is naturally all messed up, what makes you think those are scars from his fight with MK? He's stitched up but the scars may well be the artists depiction of DP's messed up skin.

Mindset
MK dealt him fatal wounds, meaning deadpool was unconscious for what could've been hours, naturally if he was picked up he'd be sent to the ER and they'd perform the necessary procedures thinking he was a normal person, that doesn't mean he needed the medical attention. DP's body is naturally all messed up, what makes you think those are scars from his fight with MK? He's stitched up but the scars may well be the artists depiction of DP's messed up skin. So he stole the ivs from the hospital because he still needed them hours after being in the ER and was still to hurt to even leave his room...

facepalm

Trackz
So he stole the ivs from the hospital because he still needed them hours after being in the ER and was still to hurt to even leave his room...

facepalm

it's quite likely that, yes, he escaped the hospital, when he said indisposed it's possible he was referring to the fact he had no uniform, not that he was too injured to leave. The IV's could've been for comedic effect.

At this point though I can see you're pretty set in your opinion of the issue so we can agree to disagree.

Mindset
No, we can both agree that you're wrong.

SamZED
Way and Remender's depiction of his healing factor seem similar, within the first ten issues there are examples of Deadpool taking hours to heal and regain consciousness. It seems that Deadpool's healing has high end and low end feats both in abundance.

In that issue him passing out is logically what would happen if you've been bleeding out of your leg for an extended period of time. Just because you can heal rapidly doesn't mean you don't require a set amount of blood in your body to operate. Deadpool was leaking in the scene. Also Just because he received medical attention it doesn't mean he needed it. He was cut to pieces and was unconscious for hours, naturally doctors would perform the necessary medical procedures, it doesn't mean deadpool wouldn't have been able to heal without them. Actually every instance you named were from recent Way writing. Getting shot, Wolverine fight, Cap-clone etc all Way. And some of them werent really low showings. Cap-clone simply cought him off guard and he was out for less than a minute, we've seen the punches were useless when he was ready for the them in the next issue.

TBH no amount of low showings in the past (and they are clear minorty) justifies the fact that Deadpool needed ivc, could barely stand and had wounds that didnt heal in hours after the fight. That is pis/ridiculously low showing no matter how you look at it.

I already said I dont mind him losing counciousness from the bloodloss, but itd take a lot of time like in the said issue where he on purpose kept the wounds from healing. Otherwise the cuts simply heal before he loses too much blood or the blood "regeneraes" along with the rest of his body. Wont keep him koed for hours. He's even regenerated his head in matter of minutes recently.

Trackz
Actually every instance you named were from recent Way writing. Getting shot, Wolverine fight, Cap-clone etc all Way. And some of them werent really low showings. Cap-clone simply cought him off guard and he was out for less than a minute, we've seen the punches were useless when he was ready for the them in the next issue.

TBH no amount of low showings in the past (and they are clear minorty) justifies the fact that Deadpool needed ivc, could barely stand and had wounds that didnt heal in hours after the fight. That is pis/ridiculously low showing no matter how you look at it.

I already said I dont mind him losing counciousness from the bloodloss, but itd take a lot of time like in the said issue where he on purpose kept the wounds from healing. Otherwise the cuts simply heal before he loses too much blood or the blood "regeneraes" along with the rest of his body. Wont keep him koed for hours. He's even regenerated his head in matter of minutes recently.

So we agree that if a wound is fatal and deadpool doesn't tend to it it could knock him out for an extended period of time?

I could see why you think the IV's are silly but the fight with Moon Knight itself wasn't PIS.

Trackz
No, we can both agree that you're wrong. About what? the fact that fatal wounds that go untreated can put deadpool down? I listed plenty of instances in which those were the case. The fact that the IV's were silly? I agreed on that point.

SamZED
So we agree that if a wound is fatal and deadpool doesn't tend to it it could knock him out for an extended period of time?

I could see why you think the IV's are silly but the fight with Moon Knight itself wasn't PIS. Yeah we agree, he can be put down if wounded badly. But itd ake more than stabbing wounds for him to need hours to heal.

Never said it was, was only talking about the HF part. But imo DP suffered from big amount of CIS during the fight. And im not talking his normal "joke around" kinda CIS. It was more than that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.