Batman comic sells for more than $1M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
1939 Batman comic sells for more than $1M. This beats the previous record set on Monday. Superman's debut comic book sells for $1,000,000.

chomperx9
its not even worth that much.

detective comics #27 is worth $575,000

action comics #1 is worth $ 750,000

The Nuul
Originally posted by chomperx9

laughing and you should know right?

BruceSkywalker
that wasn't my copy that was sold

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
laughing and you should know right? no i just made those number up in my head. gonna start calling you mindset jr

WickedDynamite
There goes my fantasy of ever owning the damn thing! sad

chomperx9
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
There goes my fantasy of ever owning the damn thing! sad you could still find one thats all beat up and in a shitty condition for maybe 100 bucks.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Badabing
1939 Batman comic sells for more than $1M. T.

why?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
why? theres some people that pay close to $10000.00 on ebay for loot cards on world of warcraft thats even more scary. yeah i know $10 grand is less than 1 million but the value of those cards arent even worth half of that.

Darth Jello
Yup, that was back in the good old days when Batman would actually shoot and murder people.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Yup, that was back in the good old days when Batman would actually shoot and murder people. thats when he wore his undies on the outside like superman to.

Bardock42

....that's ridiculous. How would you even arrive at those numbers...

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bardock42
....that's ridiculous. How would you even arrive at those numbers... if you look at the latest gem stone price guide book it tells you those exact amounts.

Bardock42
if you look at the latest gem stone price guide book it tells you those exact amounts. And how did they arrive at those prices? As far as I can tell prices are created by supply and demand, so they would have to have some magic demand estimating machine for the number to mean anything...and if they did, I'd assume they'd use it for something more useful than estimating comic prices. Obviously people with more money are more interested in having more old Batman comics making it worth more...that's how prices are evaluated btw, not by a number being printed in an unrelated catalogue

marcowx7
I am surprised to see the prices. I think its the record rate price.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bardock42
And how did they arrive at those prices? As far as I can tell prices are created by supply and demand, so they would have to have some magic demand estimating machine for the number to mean anything...and if they did, I'd assume they'd use it for something more useful than estimating comic prices. Obviously people with more money are more interested in having more old Batman comics making it worth more...that's how prices are evaluated btw, not by a number being printed in an unrelated catalogue so the prices in the gemstone books are a lie ?

they tell you how much the books are worth max. not how much they are selling for at the moment. there is a difference

Badabing
The price comes from bids at an auction. They start with a set price and work their way up. The starting price can be a prior purchase price of a similar comic, insured value, appraised value, etc. It's the interaction between potential buyers which sets the new price.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.