Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danielgamer
Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman vs Thanos

Warlord
thanos

Omega Vision
Thanos unless he tries to pimp-smack PG's **** in which case his hand will bounce off and smack his own face for the self-KO.

Mshinu
They all end up like princess Leia in Jabba`s palace

http://www.statuecollectors.com/%5CImages%5CCategory_121%5Csubcat_115%5Cthumbs/Leia_01.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mshinu
They all end up like princess Leia in Jabba`s palace

http://www.statuecollectors.com/%5CImages%5CCategory_121%5Csubcat_115%5Cthumbs/Leia_01.jpg
How did that end for Jabba? biscuits

the ninjak
Lucky Thanos!

manx422
Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman

Omega Vision
Originally posted by the ninjak
Lucky Thanos!
Getting choked to death by the Lasso of Truth? Lucky Thanos indeed. stick out tongue

Warlord
yeah that's how it usually ends when WW fights DS...wink

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Warlord
yeah that's how it usually ends when WW fights DS...wink
Only cause DS loves being choked by a hot Amazon. stick out tongue

Mshinu
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How did that end for Jabba? biscuits

Thanos can teleport wink
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gWQaU40PH24/SZPTdbg93-I/AAAAAAAABSw/u9N9b4_ChJc/s400/thanos2.gif

Warlord
Only cause DS loves being choked by a hot Amazon. stick out tongue

such a perv...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thanos can teleport wink
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gWQaU40PH24/SZPTdbg93-I/AAAAAAAABSw/u9N9b4_ChJc/s400/thanos2.gif
I'm not sure if you can teleport out of the Lasso of Truth.

Badabing
Originally posted by danielgamer
Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman vs Thanos Thanos forgets all about Lady Death. PG boobs and WW lasso ftw. biscuits

Warlord
Boobs of Truth

Badabing
Originally posted by Warlord
Boobs of Truth droolio

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Badabing
droolio
I can just see Mistress Death yelling warnings at Thanos: "Don't stare into her breasts! You'll be lost for all eternity!"

laughing out loud

Mshinu
I can just see Mistress Death yelling warnings at Thanos: "Don't stare into her breasts! You'll be lost for all eternity!"

laughing out loud

Thanos` field of vision:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_zIf2V9pHTO4/Rl4tRMfDjWI/AAAAAAAAABs/16Q8JxYbDfY/s400/pgbust.jpg

the ninjak
Thanos only digs goth girls.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

tkitna
Originally posted by manx422
Power girl, Supergirl, Wonder woman

All die

kochtgr
I understant that Thanos is really powerfull but you can not expect him to deal at the same time with the three most powerfull heroines of dc universe ermm
(so team win)

The Nuul
Thanos stomps.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by kochtgr
I understant that Thanos is really powerfull but you can not expect him to deal at the same time with the three most powerfull heroines of dc universe ermm
(so team win)

But he can.

Thanos wins, though I'm unsure if he has any defense against the lasso.

Parmaniac
Even Ghost Riders penance stare would be useless on Power Girl he couldn't concentrate on the eyes
EDIT: Big t!ts = Super Power

galactusischere
Thanos gets distracted.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
But he can.

Thanos wins, though I'm unsure if he has any defense against the lasso.
It worked on Darkseid in FC, it should work on Thanos.

Q99
Originally posted by kochtgr
(so team win)

Three most powerful? I don't see Barda anywhere! wink

Hm, how many top-tiers does it normally take to handle Thanos?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Three most powerful? I don't see Barda anywhere! wink

Hm, how many top-tiers does it normally take to handle Thanos?
No amount of top tiers can defeat Thanos of Titan! He can create a hundred forceblocks every second and forceblocks are auto-hits that can't be broken ever!

Serious answer: I'd say with PIS/CIS on a single top tier could take him down and PIS/CIS off it depends on the top tiers in question but I'd say three to five.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, the team does have a minimal shot just because of the lasso unless Thanos has some weird defense against it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The lasso isn't a be all end all weapon that some might think. It's been resisted before. Plus with Thanos' shields it's pointless.

JakeTheBank
Any specific examples you're thinking of? And I agree it's a longshot, but it's their best bet for even 1 win against him. Does Thanos typically have his shields up through out the entire match?

galactusischere
The lasso can be pulled erm
Genocide did it and made WW lose her balance.

JakeTheBank
The lasso also had Ares at its mercy. It doesn't help Genocide is a flawed genetic copy of Diana to begin with not to mention the lasso's powers weren't activated at the time. As I said, it's a not sure thing, but it is their best option.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Any specific examples you're thinking of? And I agree it's a longshot, but it's their best bet for even 1 win against him. Does Thanos typically have his shields up through out the entire match?

It's been a while but if memory serves correctly, the Marvels were shown to resist the lasso's power during the All-Star Squadron and Crisis on the Infinite Earths arcs. There was also the War of the Gods story line when getting the lasso around Billy caused so much of a disturbance Diana could not hold on. Of course it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. There have been other instances. I know that, but I can't remember any off the top of my head, because frankly, I never actually cared about Diana too much. The only reasons the Marvel instances came to mind is because of the recent New Men portrayals in "Justice League: A Crisis on Two Earth's" movie where they had an interesting take on the Marvel's.

WhiteWitchKing
The real question here is Thanos' giant hands vs. Power Girl's huge boobs. Which is bigger?

or

http://bp3.blogger.com/_zIf2V9pHTO4/Rl4tRMfDjWI/AAAAAAAAABs/16Q8JxYbDfY/s400/pgbust.jpg

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The real question here is Thanos' giant hands vs. Power Girl's huge boobs. Which is bigger?

or

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50835/998435-copthanos9yk_super.jpg

JakeTheBank
LOL he gets arrested for sexual harassment.

xJLxKing
laughing out loud

quanchi112
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50835/998435-copthanos9yk_super.jpg Not canon.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not canon.

Duh. I saw this comic before you ever did. I don't need you running around telling me about things when you don't know shit.

Harbinger
laughing out loud

Enyalus
Honestly, the team does have a minimal shot just because of the lasso unless Thanos has some weird defense against it.
Hm. Thanos is one of those rare beings outside the jurisdiction of Lord Chaos and Master Order. Along with Warlock. I think because he is/was the Avatar of Death, while Warlock was the Avatar of Life. Thus representing concepts greater than anything LC and MO can govern. I don't know how that works against the lasso, but it stands to reason that he wouldn't fall under the power of something governed by the goddess of truth.

I'd say he one-shots Supergirl. I was going to say he one-shots PG, too, but....she's got pretty nice durability feats. I was kind of impressed with the beating she took at the hands of Kal-L.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It's been a while but if memory serves correctly, the Marvels were shown to resist the lasso's power during the All-Star Squadron and Crisis on the Infinite Earths arcs. There was also the War of the Gods story line when getting the lasso around Billy caused so much of a disturbance Diana could not hold on. Of course it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. There have been other instances. I know that, but I can't remember any off the top of my head, because frankly, I never actually cared about Diana too much. The only reasons the Marvel instances came to mind is because of the recent New Men portrayals in "Justice League: A Crisis on Two Earth's" movie where they had an interesting take on the Marvel's.

All Pre-Crisis references to the lasso can be largely ignored, as it really was just a magical device back then, and was thwarted on a number of occasions -- in the Post-Crisis timelines, it is a powerful artifact/extension of the very embodiment of universal truth. (BTW - even during Crisis, the lasso worked against the Marvels -- Diana had Mary bound and while she was resisting, she couldn't get free and would have been eventually overwhelmed, but was freed via outside assistance/WW getting ganked from behind by Junior, and Diana was still up and fighting in the next panel). All instances of the lasso being "worked around" in the modern era stem from the nature of truth, itself, and how sometimes it doesn't always work in Diana's favor (i.e. writer caveat concerning the metaphysics of the situation involved); while it might work against Thanos, as it did with Darkseid, I could also see Diana gaining insight into Thanos and, after the lasso releases him, she realizes that she (and the girls) aren't *meant* to stop him in a given scenario, akin to when she tried to stop Bizarro in the (non-canon) Trinity story years ago -- the lasso "broke" as the Cosmic Truth was that Bizarro was an inherent force of chaos, and she wasn't supposed to be stopping him. Similarly, when she first lassoed Ares in WW#6 (2nd Series), he was rendered powerless and forced to see the future consequences of his actions; afterwards, however, the lasso released him, as his being the embodiement of war meant that it was the utter truth of his nature to be the way he was, and therefore the lasso did not *prevent* him from taking action, but did sufficiently awaken his awareness to the point that he withheld destroying the world. If applied to Thanos in a similar vein, Thanos may "break free", but be taken aback by the "truth" that, while he is a powerful being, and hell-bent on universal control, he will never actually achieve his goal, as he will fall short time and time again, a victim of his own flaws and desires. A narrative solution, and not "forum-friendly", but that would likely be the only way the ladies could be assured of any wins, in this context (though the three go down fighting).

Thanos 7-8/10, with Supergirl going down first, Diana lasting the longest thanks to the Aegis Bracers, and Karen doing the most relative damage for the team against Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by tideoftime
All Pre-Crisis references to the lasso can be largely ignored, as it really was just a magical device back then, and was thwarted on a number of occasions -- in the Post-Crisis timelines, it is a powerful artifact/extension of the very embodiment of universal truth. (BTW - even during Crisis, the lasso worked against the Marvels -- Diana had Mary bound and while she was resisting, she couldn't get free and would have been eventually overwhelmed, but was freed via outside assistance/WW getting ganked from behind by Junior, and Diana was still up and fighting in the next panel). All instances of the lasso being "worked around" in the modern era stem from the nature of truth, itself, and how sometimes it doesn't always work in Diana's favor (i.e. writer caveat concerning the metaphysics of the situation involved); while it might work against Thanos, as it did with Darkseid, I could also see Diana gaining insight into Thanos and, after the lasso releases him, she realizes that she (and the girls) aren't *meant* to stop him in a given scenario, akin to when she tried to stop Bizarro in the (non-canon) Trinity story years ago -- the lasso "broke" as the Cosmic Truth was that Bizarro was an inherent force of chaos, and she wasn't supposed to be stopping him. Similarly, when she first lassoed Ares in WW#6 (2nd Series), he was rendered powerless and forced to see the future consequences of his actions; afterwards, however, the lasso released him, as his being the embodiement of war meant that it was the utter truth of his nature to be the way he was, and therefore the lasso did not *prevent* him from taking action, but did sufficiently awaken his awareness to the point that he withheld destroying the world. If applied to Thanos in a similar vein, Thanos may "break free", but be taken aback by the "truth" that, while he is a powerful being, and hell-bent on universal control, he will never actually achieve his goal, as he will fall short time and time again, a victim of his own flaws and desires. A narrative solution, and not "forum-friendly", but that would likely be the only way the ladies could be assured of any wins, in this context (though the three go down fighting).

Thanos 7-8/10, with Supergirl going down first, Diana lasting the longest thanks to the Aegis Bracers, and Karen doing the most relative damage for the team against Thanos.

Okay, I just skimmed through the wall of text, and basically what you're saying is I should ignore any of the scenarios from around the Crisis era, and the three somehow win because Thanos breaks down after seeing the "truth". You do know who Thanos is right? And Universal control is no longer his goal. And he could achieve it if he wanted to as he has.

I see Karen hurting her own fists before she manages to do any actual damage to Thanos.

The lasso also failed to stop Doomsday in Doomsday Wars. And Brainiac was inhabiting his mind so he wasn't some mindless animal.

Warlord
Not canon.

Power Girl's boobs are connon though

tideoftime
Okay, I just skimmed through the wall of text, and basically what you're saying is I should ignore any of the scenarios from around the Crisis era, and the three somehow win because Thanos breaks down after seeing the "truth". You do know who Thanos is right? And Universal control is no longer his goal. And he could achieve it if he wanted to as he has.

I see Karen hurting her own fists before she manages to do any actual damage to Thanos.

The lasso also failed to stop Doomsday in Doomsday Wars. And Brainiac was inhabiting his mind so he wasn't some mindless animal.

Wow.

You *totally* missed the underlying points I put forth, with comparative instances between similar characters/situations, simply because reading a thought-out paragraph was too much for you... Using Darkseid/Ares situations to compare to Thanos' own history -- I am not saying that is the definitive situation, by any means. It was an *example*, dude...

And yes, I am very much aware of who Thanos is as a character -- I was just using the above instances to illustrate how the ladies might make a win or two of the situation. What part of my saying Thanos would win like 8/10 didn't you get?

And I don't make any apologies for my posts -- plenty of people around here have posted much longer on other topics, and not made nearly as much sense as I have. I at no point said the ladies would take any major wins -- merely demonstrated how they *plausably* could (and you not seeing how that is possible shows how *you* don't know enough about the characters involved). In a number of my other posts, I say "X" will win a majority, but then go on to show how the lesser side might eke out wins, both to be balanced, and to better illustrate how the situation could play out. Don't have to do that for Thanos' side, 'cus he'll just Batkick the hell out of them for an easy majority - no explanation on that needed...

The lasso needs physical contact doesn't it?

Force shields take care of that. Could they pound through it before he puts them down? Could he teleport the lasso away?

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
The lasso needs physical contact doesn't it?

Force shields take care of that. Could they pound through it before he puts them down? Could he teleport the lasso away?

Gotta love force fields! Thank God a reason for Thanos and Apocalypse to ignore the cheap artifact!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wow.

You *totally* missed the underlying points I put forth, with comparative instances between similar characters/situations, simply because reading a thought-out paragraph was too much for you... Using Darkseid/Ares situations to compare to Thanos' own history -- I am not saying that is the definitive situation, by any means. It was an *example*, dude...

And yes, I am very much aware of who Thanos is as a character -- I was just using the above instances to illustrate how the ladies might make a win or two of the situation. What part of my saying Thanos would win like 8/10 didn't you get?

And I don't make any apologies for my posts -- plenty of people around here have posted much longer on other topics, and not made nearly as much sense as I have. I at no point said the ladies would take any major wins -- merely demonstrated how they *plausably* could (and you not seeing how that is possible shows how *you* don't know enough about the characters involved). In a number of my other posts, I say "X" will win a majority, but then go on to show how the lesser side might eke out wins, both to be balanced, and to better illustrate how the situation could play out. Don't have to do that for Thanos' side, 'cus he'll just Batkick the hell out of them for an easy majority - no explanation on that needed...

erm laughing out loud

I'm uh sorry?

I didn't think you'd take the wall of text comment so seriously.

When did I say I had any problem with the majority you gave to Thanos?

I know enough about these characters thank you very much. sad

tideoftime
erm laughing out loud

I'm uh sorry?

I didn't think you'd take the wall of text comment so seriously.

When did I say I had any problem with the majority you gave to Thanos?

I know enough about these characters thank you very much. sad

Your statement above would be cute, except that your previous response made it clear that you are very much down-grading the (as stated slim) chances the ladies would have; therefore, that makes your response seem at least mildly sardonic. And as I stated, your response made it clear that you didn't read what I had posted, and afterwards did not take the context of my response into consideration, nor the valid cross-examples given.

quanchi112
Duh. I saw this comic before you ever did. I don't need you running around telling me about things when you don't know shit. I thought you wanted me to take you seriously but I guess your posts are just a series of jokes. I guess I struck a nerve. I have been out of comics for some time pre 2007 but I'd say it's safe to say I am a lot more knowledgeable than you are.

galactusischere
Thanos wins, but then he gets arrested by the NYPD for...sexual harrasment.

Original Smurph
Not canon. laughing out loud

the ninjak
Originally posted by galactusischere
Thanos wins, but then he gets arrested by the NYPD for...sexual harrasment.

Thanos is into Goth chicks!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Original Smurph
laughing out loud smile

galactusischere
Thanos is into Goth chicks!

Im sure that he is into big boobs too.

the ninjak
Im sure that he is into big boobs too.

heh!

But I'm sure he gets plenty of them when needed.
He would kill these girls.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not canon.

Quan buddy they are just joking. I know you're Thanos but you don't have to defend yourself against every joke that is posted.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Quan buddy they are just joking. I know you're Thanos but you don't have to defend yourself against every joke that is posted. As Thanos I feel it's my duty.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oooo yeah and Thanos dominates them.. I honestly think he one-shots two of them sans WW. Honestly though, what would hapeen if Thanos teleports out of the lasso.. can he do that? Has it been tried before?

the ninjak
Oooo yeah and Thanos dominates them.. I honestly think he one-shots two of them sans WW. Honestly though, what would hapeen if Thanos teleports out of the lasso.. can he do that? Has it been tried before?

Well I doubt its happened before laughing out loud
But force fields buddy the lasso can't touch the opponent if he has fields.

xJLxKing
Thanos goes down. Lasso for the win

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos goes down. Lasso for the win

This is a joke. Thanos one shots WW and the rest for the win.

xJLxKing
This is a joke. Thanos one shots WW and the rest for the win. Your post is a joke. Thanos is stronger then all of them, but Lasoo wins it

KuRuPT Thanosi
Your post is a joke. Thanos is stronger then all of them, but Lasoo wins it

Wins what exactly? She lasso's his forcefield? Is this before or after she is one shotted? What happens if he teleports out of the lasso? What makes you think it will work on Thanos when it has been resisted before?

quanchi112
Thanos goes down. Lasso for the win Shields. To assume this team is enough to even give him pause is a serious strain on logic and reason.

galactusischere
The Queen on Fables easily resisted the lasso. Genocide pulled it and made WW lose he balance, etc. erm

The lasso ain't doing shit to Thanos.

tideoftime
The Queen on Fables easily resisted the lasso. Genocide pulled it and made WW lose he balance, etc. erm

The lasso ain't doing shit to Thanos.

The context of both those situations is obviously lost on you...

Metaphysically, Genocide *is* Wonder Woman, in case you weren't aware of that; that's why she could wield the lasso, and has had lingering influence on it ever since. Part of her *is* a part of Diana.

As mentioned before, certain writers utilize various levels of PIS when deciding what is the "metaphysical truth" of a situation, and how the lasso will respond to it, as it has bound and overcome gods as well as been thwarted by mortal men; it's called Writing a Story and providing a Plot. The Queen of Fables is an extremely powerful sorceress, and in the context of that story had changed the "truth" of the setting, thereby making things problematic for Diana. And both characters were written by Gail Simone, hence why they circumstantially have that particular style of feat in common. And while I am not a Gail Simone fan (I can take her or leave her), I am confident that she would consider your siting those instances as taking things out of context...

JakeTheBank

Metaphysically, Genocide *is* Wonder Woman, in case you weren't aware of that; that's why she could wield the lasso, and has had lingering influence on it ever since. Part of her *is* a part of Diana.

As mentioned before, certain writers utilize various levels of PIS when deciding what is the "metaphysical truth" of a situation, and how the lasso will respond to it, as it has bound and overcome gods as well as been thwarted by mortal men; it's called Writing a Story and providing a Plot. The Queen of Fables is an extremely powerful sorceress, and in the context of that story had changed the "truth" of the setting, thereby making things problematic for Diana. And both characters were written by Gail Simone, hence why they circumstantially have that particular style of feat in common. And while I am not a Gail Simone fan (I can take her or leave her), I am confident that she would consider your siting those instances as taking things out of context...

Pretty much. thumb up

Enyalus
Wow.

laughing out loud I like you.

galactusischere

I know as you have explained to me before, but all im saying is that it isn't "impossible" to resist it.

tideoftime
I know as you have explained to me before, but all im saying is that it isn't "impossible" to resist it.

And I have never said it was impossible; alot of WW fanbois/grlz assume that the lasso is an insta-win against the likes of Thanos, or Thor, or Aunt May armed with salad tongs, or other similarly powerful beings. It *can* make for the win, but that doesn't mean that it always *will*. *You* were the one who was dismissive, not me. And you were the one who took two examples out of context to create a low-ball bias against the lasso working -- the examples I gave in my post further up both demonstrates how the lasso might work to subdue Thanos, as well as how it might *not*, and I made sure my examples were more in sync with the situation presented...

Not trying to sound like a d!ck, so if what I posted above comes across that way, please ignore that perception and assume I am just standing firm on my position.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Enyalus
laughing out loud I like you.

Okay.

the ninjak
So Thanos wins then because the lasso won't work on him due to forcefields, and teleportation! smile

yup

Rage.Of.Olympus
Your statement above would be cute, except that your previous response made it clear that you are very much down-grading the (as stated slim) chances the ladies would have; therefore, that makes your response seem at least mildly sardonic. And as I stated, your response made it clear that you didn't read what I had posted, and afterwards did not take the context of my response into consideration, nor the valid cross-examples given.

If I was trying to be cute you'd know.

I think they have less of a chance of winning than you do. Is there a problem with that?

erm

Now are you trying to be cute? I clearly did read your response.

In your opinion the girls might win because of some off hand chance that Thanos will see the truth, and break down because he'd realize despite the fact he strives for Universal control he cannot achieve or something similar. shocklaugh

And I pointed out, that 1) Thanos has achieved Universal control and probably could again, 2) Universal control is not his goal. At least last time I checked and 3) The lasso working is not a sure thing since it has been resisted before and it requires physical contact as far as I know.

If I was trying to be cute you'd know.

I think they have less of a chance of winning than you do. Is there a problem with that?

erm

Now are you trying to be cute? I clearly did read your response.

In your opinion the girls might win because of some off hand chance that Thanos will see the truth, and break down because he'd realize despite the fact he strives for Universal control he cannot achieve or something similar. shocklaugh

And I pointed out, that 1) Thanos has achieved Universal control and probably could again, 2) Universal control is not his goal. At least last time I checked and 3) The lasso working is not a sure thing since it has been resisted before and it requires physical contact as far as I know.

Thanos' classic goal was to kill existence. But he did have moments of desiring omnipotence and, in all fairness, he only achieves it when the powers that be allow it. TOAA knew the experience with THOTU would change his perspective and make him first abandon his obssession with destroying the universe and then do the right thing for the common good of reality, ultimately giving up the power. So his general point about an epiphany catalized by the lasso is valid, even if not for the reasons he posted. He did abandon his original nihilism and became more interested in shaking things up then in either controlling or destroying them.

Still they have no chance in hell because the lasso requires physical contact and they wont break through the shields in time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Thanos' classic goal was to kill existence. But he did have moments of desiring omnipotence and, in all fairness, he only achieves it when the powers that be allow it. TOAA knew the experience with THOTU would change his perspective and make him first abandon his obssession with destroying the universe and then do the right thing for the common good of reality, ultimately giving up the power. So his general point about an epiphany catalized by the lasso is valid, even if not for the reasons he posted. He did abandon his original nihilism and became more interested in shaking things up then in either controlling or destroying them.

Still they have no chance in hell because the lasso requires physical contact and they wont break through the shields in time.

I'm talking about the Infinity Gauntlet. That was pretty much all Thanos as he was the one who went on a quest to defeat the Elders and gain their gems as I recall.

Thanos the End, was basically the TOAA manipulating him into gaining the ultimate power and solving the problem in the Universe, but he still had to do the hard work himself did he not?

I'm talking about the Infinity Gauntlet. That was pretty much all Thanos as he was the one who went on a quest to defeat the Elders and gain their gems as I recall.

Thanos the End, was basically the TOAA manipulating him into gaining the ultimate power and solving the problem in the Universe, but he still had to do the hard work himself did he not?

He did do the hard work both times, but after the TOAA was revealed we can all assume that nothing happens without his permission, so the IG drama also happened because he allowed it. Thanos can become omnipotent, provided it suits cosmic consonance. He probably understands this by now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
He did do the hard work both times, but after the TOAA was revealed we can all assume that nothing happens without his permission, so the IG drama also happened because he allowed it. Thanos can become omnipotent, provided it suits cosmic consonance. He probably understands this by now.

erm

Everything that happens in comics, is because the higher powers allow it.

Superman was only able to lift a mountain because, the Presence allowed it. Thor was only able to defeat Galactus because TOAA allowed it.

Does that somehow diminish the feats as it was them who did the hard work and accomplished the feats?

I mean, what exactly is your point here?

Thanos should not be given the credit he is due because the TOAA did not interfere?

Omega Vision
erm

Superman was only able to lift a mountain because, the Presence allowed it. Thor was only able to defeat Galactus because TOAA allowed it.

Does that somehow diminish the feats as it was them who did the hard work and accomplished the feats?

Thanos should not be given the credit he is due because the TOAA did not interfere?
I think with the HOTU it bears thinking that the ONLY way Thanos would be able to attain true Omnipotence is if the Omnipotent/Omniscient/Omnipresent (TOAA) allowed it to happen. Remember the HOTU is said to be TOAA's power made manifest and TOAA used this as a means to manipulate Thanos into removing himself. Its like a handgun you own that's locked in a safe that you unlock knowing that guy who ****s everything up is going to find it and use it to kill himself. Or maybe that's a terrible analogy. confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think with the HOTU it bears thinking that the ONLY way Thanos would be able to attain true Omnipotence is if the Omnipotent/Omniscient/Omnipresent (TOAA) allowed it to happen. Remember the HOTU is said to be TOAA's power made manifest and TOAA used this as a means to manipulate Thanos into removing himself. Its like a handgun you own that's locked in a safe that you unlock knowing that guy who ****s everything up is going to find it and use it to kill himself.

Or maybe that's a terrible analogy. confused

Omega Vision

Surely you have to agree though that unless TOAA was certain Thanos wouldn't be able to escape his plan he wouldn't have ever given him Omnipotence correct?

the ninjak
Surely you have to agree though that unless TOAA was certain Thanos wouldn't be able to escape his plan he wouldn't have ever given him Omnipotence correct?

Uatu has witnessed many universes and galaxies fall though. Although I'm sure he (TOAA) exists above all of them. Though the existence of a multiverse means that the 616 universe is but a speck in the sand. But I agree though Thanos with the Guantlet did defy the High Gods and it was destiny that he shed it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by 753

Are we forgetting that he was specifically picked because of his will and he could actually handle the naked power of THOTI?

the ninjak
THOTI? sorry I'm learning embarrasment

KuRuPT Thanosi
THOTI? sorry I'm learning embarrasment

No worries. Both work

the ninjak
No worries. Both work

Both what? embarrasment

Are we forgetting that he was specifically picked because of his will and he could actually handle the naked power of THOTI?

He was chosen because he was the right one for the task yes. My point is that his only hope for omnipotence is to serve cosmic consonance and the truly omnipotent's wishes. In the end, he is the master of nothing.

Omega Vision
Bullshit. If the TOAA wanted Rhino could have gotten the HOTU if there was a purpose to it. The act of subjugating omnipotent power would be an impossible feat for any being who's not already omnipotent so the logical assumption is that Thanos got it because TOAA let him.

xJLxKing
It was all part of TOAA plan. At least that what I think

erm

Perhaps I did not express myself correctly. Obviously all that happens is marvel or dcu is allowed by the presence or toaa.

However, becoming omnipotent has different implications than lifting a mountain or going to the bathroom. All these thing shappen because TOAA alows it, but omnipotence would, at first glance, implie in subverting the cosmos to his will and doing whatever the hell he wants with it regardless of anything else. My point is that he can never truly do this, he can never become truly omnipotent or usurp the place of TOAA. He can only take the power to hold the 'appearance' of true omnipotence in as much as TOAA lets and makes him do it. He can only serve the real omnipotent and cosmic consonance. Therefore, if he dreamt of truly transcending and becoming absolute, that is impossible for him.

He is still due credit for being the right man for the job and getting it done. But to say that he became omnipotent because he wanted to and had the mad skills to pull it off hides the fact that he did it because cosmic consonance demanded it and that he can never truly achieve absolute power over the universe. His power will always be subjected to TOAA.

Same goes for IG if he ever truly menaced the omniverse he would never have taken the power. he was never absolute master of anything.

Bullshit. If the TOAA wanted Rhino could have gotten the HOTU if there was a purpose to it. The act of subjugating omnipotent power would be an impossible feat for any being who's not already omnipotent so the logical assumption is that Thanos got it because TOAA let him.

Yes he could, but thanos happened to be the right man for that particular job. Others might have been just as suited though.

@rage

just reread the posts and I see where there might have been a misscommunication. Thanos grabbing the IG is a massive feat for him and demanded a lot of effort and merit on his part. It simply does not entail he can ever be really omnipotent

TheTyrant
Both what? embarrasment

THOTI=THOTU
that's what he meant.

does thoti stand for the heart of the infinite?

KuRuPT Thanosi

scans saying this bullshit you're spouting. What you are saying goes against on panel proof. Are you denying that it was SPECIFICALLY stated that Thanos was choosen because of his will and that he could handle the naked power of the heart? Plus IIRC it was also stated he had experience with omnipotence before and thus could hangle it (IG)Was it not specifically stated he was choosen because of his will... while all you're spouting is conjecture?

Enyalus
Not really. It was stated in the arc that that's why TOAA chose Thanos. Because he could handle the power. Because he had experience with omnipotence before. In all the multiverse, there was no better candidate.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
does thoti stand for the heart of the infinite?

Thanks!

Thanks!

thotu is the heart of the universe

quanchi112
I think with the HOTU it bears thinking that the ONLY way Thanos would be able to attain true Omnipotence is if the Omnipotent/Omniscient/Omnipresent (TOAA) allowed it to happen. Remember the HOTU is said to be TOAA's power made manifest and TOAA used this as a means to manipulate Thanos into removing himself. Its like a handgun you own that's locked in a safe that you unlock knowing that guy who ****s everything up is going to find it and use it to kill himself. Or maybe that's a terrible analogy. confused Thanos acquired it because of his past experiences and he was basically the only one save warlock(arguably) who could have done it.

carver9
This is a none fight, thanos Stomps and easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Bullshit. If the TOAA wanted Rhino could have gotten the HOTU if there was a purpose to it. The act of subjugating omnipotent power would be an impossible feat for any being who's not already omnipotent so the logical assumption is that Thanos got it because TOAA let him. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
scans saying this bullshit you're spouting. What you are saying goes against on panel proof. Are you denying that it was SPECIFICALLY stated that Thanos was choosen because of his will and that he could handle the naked power of the heart? Plus IIRC it was also stated he had experience with omnipotence before and thus could hangle it (IG)Was it not specifically stated he was choosen because of his will... while all you're spouting is conjecture?

cdtm
Power Girl, and to a much smaller extent Supergirl, distract Thanos while WW slips the lasso around him. big grin

Seriously though, Thanos gets the majority, but WW has the tools to give the team one or two.

Between her super speed, aegis bracelets, telepathic immunity, and her lasso, she's one of the few characters who could even solo Thanos, and possibly win.

basilisk
Originally posted by cdtm
Power Girl, and to a much smaller extent Supergirl, distract Thanos while WW slips the lasso around him. big grin

Seriously though, Thanos gets the majority, but WW has the tools to give the team one or two.

Between her super speed, aegis bracelets, telepathic immunity, and her lasso, she's one of the few characters who could even solo Thanos, and possibly win.

WW isn't immune to TP, just quite resistant. But Thanos has mindraped even very powerful telepaths so he may have something there.

But I've always thought that the utterly ridiculous superspeed feats of many DC characters (Supes, CM, BA, MM, SG, PG, WW, Flashes, etc) could give Thanos problems even fighting them. I mean those guys have run around the earth in less time than the blink of Thanos' eye.

Bentley
Thanos has a new harem.

quanchi112

Between her super speed, aegis bracelets, telepathic immunity, and her lasso, she's one of the few characters who could even solo Thanos, and possibly win. They don't have the tools for a single victory.

Blanket
Thanos punches their faces off.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Blanket
Thanos punches their clothes off.

Better. thumb up

Blanket
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Better. thumb up Ya, I don't care.

lightyeargee
Supergirl along with Power girl and Superman were giving Super Boy Prime a nice good long fight. Exchanging out Superman for the weaker, but more skilled and better equipped Wonder Woman, and Superboy Prime for the Weaker but more Versatile Thanos, has me to believe this would yield the same kind of Results. A long protracted Battle with Thanos pulling a slight majority based upon Supergirl doing something stupid, or getting turned into Kryptonite and thus weakening PG. The girls will pull 4 out of 10 victories because they are all far faster and more mobile than Thanos and he would have 3 super zip zapping targets all with Mid or High level Strength and Durability. And They have Wonder Woman's Lasso, Magic lightning attacks, shields, and tiara.

BUSTER1
I reckon the DC girls take this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I reckon the DC girls take this. Based on which showings?

Originally posted by lightyeargee
Supergirl along with Power girl and Superman were giving Super Boy Prime a nice good long fight. Exchanging out Superman for the weaker, but more skilled and better equipped Wonder Woman, and Superboy Prime for the Weaker but more Versatile Thanos, has me to believe this would yield the same kind of Results. A long protracted Battle with Thanos pulling a slight majority based upon Supergirl doing something stupid, or getting turned into Kryptonite and thus weakening PG. The girls will pull 4 out of 10 victories because they are all far faster and more mobile than Thanos and he would have 3 super zip zapping targets all with Mid or High level Strength and Durability. And They have Wonder Woman's Lasso, Magic lightning attacks, shields, and tiara. The thing is that force fields and omnidirectional blasts that blanket the whole field pretty much cover their speed edge. He's also got forceblock, telepathy and other crap. They can get a blitz in before he reacts, but he is rather tough to put down.

cdtm
They don't have the tools for a single victory.

Thanos ain't getting out of the lasso.

Getting it on him is the trick, but for the sake of argument if he simply allowed WW to put it on him, he wouldn't be able to get it off.

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
The thing is that force fields and omnidirectional blasts that blanket the whole field pretty much cover their speed edge. He's also got forceblock, telepathy and other crap. They can get a blitz in before he reacts, but he is rather tough to put down.

I can't see them beating him down. Although WW's shield can probably cover anything Thanos can dish out, since it deflected the power of an entire pantheon once, among other showings...

It comes down to the lasso, and whether they're able to get it on the Titan before he eventually beats them down.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by 753
The thing is that force fields and omnidirectional blasts that blanket the whole field pretty much cover their speed edge. He's also got forceblock, telepathy and other crap. They can get a blitz in before he reacts, but he is rather tough to put down. I never said that he wasn't or discounted all that you mentioned. He rarely uses omnidirectional blasts or force blocks or telepathy. Telepathy would require some kind of concentration as they all have good TP resistance. I doubt his blast are any stronger than Superboy Prime's fist or Heat Vision and even he couldn't one shot any of these three. Thanos would win a slim majority if he catches one of the slipping, which I think woudl be Supergirl. She's not as good a fighter as the other two. Nor is she as tuff or strong. She's slightly behind them. But I have no doubt, that any of them can hurt Thanos since they all have hurt being stronger and tougher than he. Plus Wonder Woman's weapons and magical blast have put down tougher guys than Thanos.

cdtm
And like I said, the Aegis Bracelets create a force field that basically protect WW completely. They should even stop an omni directional attack.

basilisk

Getting it on him is the trick, but for the sake of argument if he simply allowed WW to put it on him, he wouldn't be able to get it off.

Actually it wouldn't surprise me at all if Thanos was immune to the lasso, because that's just the kind of character he is - he has stood up to Skyfather level attacks for at least a while, he has been shown to survive reality warping due to his unusual nature, been resistant to top telepaths and magical attacks, and at times has appeared to be outside the universal rules of chaos and order. And people have resisted the lasso in the past so it wouldn't be a first even without all that. Some of what Thanos does is just Starlin being Starlin and PIS, but if he was writing it nothing would surprise me.

But I still think that the characters' speed and power levels makes it hard for Thanos to take the win even if he is not losing.

Originally posted by lightyeargee
I never said that he wasn't or discounted all that you mentioned. He rarely uses omnidirectional blasts or force blocks or telepathy. Telepathy would require some kind of concentration as they all have good TP resistance. I doubt his blast are any stronger than Superboy Prime's fist or Heat Vision and even he couldn't one shot any of these three. Thanos would win a slim majority if he catches one of the slipping, which I think woudl be Supergirl. She's not as good a fighter as the other two. Nor is she as tuff or strong. She's slightly behind them. But I have no doubt, that any of them can hurt Thanos since they all have hurt being stronger and tougher than he. Plus Wonder Woman's weapons and magical blast have put down tougher guys than Thanos.

He uses those powers as the need arises or as it serves the plot, same as every other character, but he does it often enough to warrant their use in forum fights with PIS off. TP might requie concentration sure, but he can do it from behind forcefields and I don't see them pounding through his shields in able time. He has defeated very powerfull telepaths and PG and SG TP defenses aren't on WW's level. He'll KO them first.

I never said he would one-shot them, but he'll just keep blasting away. An while WW's Aegis shield is impresive, that'll just prolongue the fight into an atriction contest that he'll win.

SG might be less competent, but I don't think it'll be a blunder from her that'll give thanos the edge. Even at their best I don't think they can take him down if he is at his best. It takes more than 3 midheralds to put down an upper trans level like him.

Naija boy
Thanos

quanchi112

Getting it on him is the trick, but for the sake of argument if he simply allowed WW to put it on him, he wouldn't be able to get it off. Shields. Why would he allow her to do so?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.