Black Bolt vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amnesia
who would win and why?

(As for the location, a junkyard in death valley)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Been done before. I specifically remember the thread. I argued for pages why Magneto would stand a good chance against Black Bolt. This was back when everyone loved Black Bolt apparently. Dude could do no wrong.

JakeTheBank
Magneto stands a damn good chance if he's in his prime. Even depowered, he's not a cakewalk.

Mindset
What exactly is a cakewalk?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
What exactly is a cakewalk?

A 19th-century public entertainment among African Americans in which walkers performing the most accomplished or amusing steps won cakes as prizes.

Bouboumaster
Black Bolt would destroy Magneto

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Black Bolt would destroy Magneto his shield protected him from phoenix why wont it protect him from black bolts scream ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree with that at this point. At least with Pre-Fraction Magneto. Especially seeing how DnA are reducing him to nothing more than an amped Banshee. His scream is an electron based anomaly. It has nothing to do with sound waves and it's not a sonic scream. His original power set was much more interesting. Their ruining the character and his originality.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Black Bolt would destroy Magneto

Nah.

Bentley
Its a hard combat. But Blackbolt already defeated Magneto's youngest omega version who was no pushover. BB after a fight.

Blanket
Originally posted by the ninjak
A 19th-century public entertainment among African Americans in which walkers performing the most accomplished or amusing steps won cakes as prizes. lol

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blanket
lol But it's true

Blanket
Originally posted by Parmaniac
But it's true Doesn't mean it isn't hilarious.

Parmaniac
true

pinksushi1
Magneto has the faster reaction time. Connect the dots.

Black bolt z
I agree magneto would put up a good fight.Although people say "he can survive a scream from BB".Has anyone ever noticed that a human/inhuman and scream for a pretty long time?BB's constant scream would put even magneto out pretty fast.

Prep-Man
Magneto 4/10.

Xplosive
Tough fight. Magneto is powerful and could take out Black Bolt, but giving the advantage to Black Bolt.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Magneto has the faster reaction time. Connect the dots.

Since when? Blackbolt has way more speed and reaction speed feats then Magneto.

Blackbolts takes this. Vulcan is Magneto on steroids and while he put up a good fight, the scream was just too much.

Bentley
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I agree magneto would put up a good fight.Although people say "he can survive a scream from BB".Has anyone ever noticed that a human/inhuman and scream for a pretty long time?BB's constant scream would put even magneto out pretty fast.

Also when Vulcan received his scream his body was destroyed. He then used his powers to revive it. Crazy feat.

Black bolt z
Magneto has the faster reaction time. Connect the dots. Show some scans of magneto having faster reaction time then BB.BB is a master at hand to hand considering he doesn't like talking.

The original scream was an electron disruption field that ****ed matter up, releasing a lot of energy. Control over it was tied to the speech center of his brain. Given the nature of the power it's conceivable magneto could counter it and create a 'silence' zone around himself within the shield. This sonic version sucks.

Black bolt also struggled with fine control for a good portion of his career and depended on that antenna in his head for stable use of his powers. I haven't seen that being referenced in a while so he propbably got over it, but that would be a good weakness for magneto to exploit.

Regardless, magneto woud give him a very tough fight and I think he could take a majority through finer control and a mostly equal raw power - excluding the scream's hype.

If black bolt is in a situtaion where he is unlikely to use the scream to avoid collateral damage, then mags has a clear edge.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
The original scream was an electron disruption field that ****ed matter up, releasing a lot of energy. Control over it was tied to the speech center of his brain. Given the nature of the power it's conceivable magneto could counter it and create a 'silence' zone around himself within the shield. This sonic version sucks.

Black bolt also struggled with fine control for a good portion of his career and depended on that antenna in his head for stable use of his powers. I haven't seen that being referenced in a while so he propbably got over it, but that would be a good weakness for magneto to exploit.

Regardless, magneto woud give him a very tough fight and I think he could take a majority through finer control and a mostly equal raw power - excluding the scream's hype.

If black bolt is in a situtaion where he is unlikely to use the scream to avoid collateral damage, then mags has a clear edge.

I pretty much agree. The scream being a disruption of the electron field basically plays to Magneto's strengths. He could even use it against Black Bolt (All that power I mean.) conceivably.

Although to be fair, Black Bolt has incredible control over his powers to the point he can manipulate matter etc. to be a pretty decent degree. It's his scream that's his biggest weakness instead of his biggest strength in this fight I believe.

It would be a good fight, but I think Magnus with his shield up, would take the edge. Simply a bad match up for Black Bolt in my opinion.

Mshinu
Edge to Mags, location makes it even more in his favor.
Whoever wins it would be one hell of a fight.

pinksushi1
Proof that Magneto has a faster reaction time:

1. "Enhanced Reaction Time / Plucking Northstar out of the air with his hand (X-Men Vol. 2 #113)"

Also, Magneto has easily withstood the detonation of multiple nukes. Can Black Bolt replicate that kind of power?

batdude123
Magneto, imo.

Proof that Magneto has a faster reaction time:

1. "Enhanced Reaction Time / Plucking Northstar out of the air with his hand (X-Men Vol. 2 #113)"

Also, Magneto has easily withstood the detonation of multiple nukes. Can Black Bolt replicate that kind of power?

That and a lot more, but I still give the edge to magneto.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by 753
That and a lot more, but I still give the edge to magneto.

Is it true that Black Bolt can destroy entire planets with his screams?

Black bolt z
Didn't he destroy a moon with a scream?A lot of people under estimate BB's scream.How I don't know.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Didn't he destroy a moon with a scream?A lot of people under estimate BB's scream.How I don't know.

What would happen if Black Bolt were to burp?

Black bolt z
lol

Is it true that Black Bolt can destroy entire planets with his screams?

He might, the problem is that the scream is a lot more hype than on panel feats (for obvious reasons writers cant have him blowing up earth) but he certainly can surpass the power nuclear weapons. RR syphoned the power of the scream to 'tear a hole in reality', but it felt like PIS and piss poor witing to me. If he screams his lungs out for a while, maybe repeating the screams, he'll probably destroy a planet eventually. I doubt a single shout would do it though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.