LCD Screen Details - Wtf?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FWahMaN
Why is it that with laptops, the LCD screen type info is displayed (glossy surface or matte surface) but this information can NEVER be found out about television sets (unless you ask someone who has it)?

How moronic is this when there are people (me) who wants to find out if a TV's screen is glossy or matte? Sure, when there's a picture of it when it's turned off, it's easy to tell since the glare on the matte is evened out and on the glossy it's like a mirror on the tuned off black screen, but this is not always the case since sometimes the TV is advertised with a program or show running on it.

I didn't know about the whole matte and glossy thing before I bought my 26" LCD TV. I prefer glossy after researching, and just now I was doing a search for ANY LCD GLOSSY TV's between the sizes of 24 or 28 inches...do those even exist? (monitors will suffice...as long as they have hdmi ports)

Thanks.

FWahMaN
Help? sad

Peach
I've already told you before - do not post just to bump your thread.

And this is a video game discussion forum, not a general tech forum. This doesn't go here.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.