Weakest person/object/event that could destroy Cap's shield?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
No Universal Abstracts or anything like that.

galactusischere
King Thor.

Parmaniac
firestorm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
firestorm
By exploiting the molecular hairline crack?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
By exploiting the molecular hairline crack? By turning it into salt

Mindship
Antimatter. If antimatter doesn't, then Cap's shield is made out of something which is not ordinary matter or defies the laws of physics...

...oh wait...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindship
Antimatter. If antimatter doesn't, then Cap's shield is made out of something which is not ordinary matter or defies the laws of physics...

...oh wait... to be fair DC antimatter for example works different than real life Anti matter

JakeTheBank
Jakeem Thunder

Mindship
to be fair DC antimatter for example works different than real life Anti matter Selectively reactive? Maybe they subscribe to the theory that an element can only be annihilated by its anti-element. So Cap's shield would be immune to anything anti except (what is it?) anti-adamantium / anti-vibranium?

nicamarvin
Selectively reactive? Maybe they subscribe to the theory that an element can only be annihilated by its anti-element. So Cap's shield would be immune to anything anti except (what is it?) anti-adamantium / anti-vibranium? .... confused

Parmaniac
Originally posted by nicamarvin
.... confused laughing

The Nuul
Orion solos.

nicamarvin
laughing ... sad

nicamarvin
No Universal Abstracts or anything like that. I think one of flashes punches with the force of a neutron star, and with some brass nuckles made of enchanted uru, Adamantium.... smokin'

Blanket
Straw thrown hard enough.

Black bolt z
Chuck norris

"nuff said"

Black bolt z
The weakest thing though would prob be...well it's only been destroyed twice.Once against the IG and once against the beyonder.

JakeTheBank
Zatanna

Galan007
Have any 'decent' matter manipulators ever tried, and failed to transmute Cap's shield? If not then Firestorm is as good of choice as any.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Galan007
Have any 'decent' matter manipulators ever tried, and failed to transmute Cap's shield? If not then Firestorm is as good of choice as any. thumb up

Omega Vision
Have any 'decent' matter manipulators ever tried, and failed to transmute Cap's shield? If not then Firestorm is as good of choice as any.
I can't remember what the outcome was but I do recall Cap going against Molecule Man once.

Black bolt z
Molecule Man

Blanket
I can't remember what the outcome was but I do recall Cap going against Molecule Man once. He knocked Molecule Man out after MM KO'ed Surfer...

JakeTheBank
I can't remember what the outcome was but I do recall Cap going against Molecule Man once.

iirc, Molecule Man did destroy or damage the shield, stating it was "weirder than anything he had felt before" and he had destroyed Surfer's board and Mjolnir as well

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup, that's what happened. Beat me to it Jake.

Wild Shadow
Karnak

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Karnak

no expression

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
iirc, Molecule Man did destroy or damage the shield, stating it was "weirder than anything he had felt before" and he had destroyed Surfer's board and Mjolnir as well Wasn't that the same issue where MM ended up easily recreating the board, shield, and hammer, but was unable to recreate Tony's armor because the circuitry was too complex?

Heh.

JakeTheBank
Wasn't that the same issue where MM ended up easily recreating Surfer's board and Cap's shield, but was unable to recreate Tony's armor because the circuitry was too complex?

Heh.

I think so. It goes to show you that Molecule Man's powers are limited by his own intellect or lack thereof at times.

Starscream M
Wasn't that the same issue where MM ended up easily recreating the board, shield, and hammer, but was unable to recreate Tony's armor because the circuitry was too complex?

Heh. makes sense...he can recreate raw material but not intelligent design

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
makes sense...he can recreate raw material but not intelligent design Just seems like recreating an Odin-enchanted hammer, and a cosmically powered board would be more difficult than recreating the man made circuitry of an armor.

Black bolt z
lol but to be fair at least the board and hammer are simple designs unlike tony's armor.

StiltmanFTW
He messed up with the shield, didn't he?

Black bolt z
Idk I didn't read those comics

kgkg
Originally posted by Black bolt z
lol but to be fair at least the board and hammer are simple designs unlike tony's armor. Magic and Comic board is more simple than an armor?

Remember what the hammer can do I don't think is at simple as it looks.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

fine,, KK then embarrasment

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Idk I didn't read those comics

He did. Recreated shield had a flaw. So it was not just Tony's armor that was too complex for him.

Omega Vision
Just seems like recreating an Odin-enchanted hammer, and a cosmically powered board would be more difficult than recreating the man made circuitry of an armor.
I'm pretty sure the whole reason that there's never been an entire army of guys armed with shields like Cap is that aside from Vibranium being rather prohibitively rare no one can figure out the right composition of the shield's material. How then could MM put it back together and then fail to recreate Tony's armor? I understand that the circuitry would be difficult but so would pegging the proper chemical formula for Cap's shield or recreating enchanted Uru.

Edit: ^Nvm.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He did. Recreated shield had a flaw. You sure that was MM's error? For some reason I thought the 'flaw' in Cap's shield originated when the Beyonder recreated it after Doom (/w/ Beyonder's power) had destroyed it. Wasn't that what introduced a small sub-molecular imperfection into the vibranium, leaving one solitary molecule out of alignment, and eventually shattering it?

Omega Vision
You sure that was MM's error? For some reason I thought the 'flaw' in Cap's shield originated when the Beyonder recreated it after Doom (/w/ Beyonder's power) had destroyed it. Wasn't that what introduced a small sub-molecular imperfection into the vibranium, leaving one solitary molecule out of alignment, and eventually shattering it?
It seems like it would be easy for someone like Dr Doom to build a device that can look through time which would allow him to discover just what happened when the scientist who created the shield fell asleep. That way Doom could make a suit of armor from the same stuff as Cap's shield and he'd be close to unstoppable.

Selectively reactive? Maybe they subscribe to the theory that an element can only be annihilated by its anti-element. So Cap's shield would be immune to anything anti except (what is it?) anti-adamantium / anti-vibranium?

There is a form of vibranium in the savage land called antimetal that emits vibrations instead of absorbing them. In a way it's a form anti-vibranium. It can liquify any metal depending on the ammount you have, the frequencies change depending on the density until a wavelengh that can destroy even adamantium or vibranium can be found.

Mindship
Originally posted by nicamarvin
.... confused About?

StiltmanFTW
You sure that was MM's error? For some reason I thought the 'flaw' in Cap's shield originated when the Beyonder recreated it after Doom (/w/ Beyonder's power) had destroyed it. Wasn't that what introduced a small sub-molecular imperfection into the vibranium, leaving one solitary molecule out of alignment?

You're right, it was Beyonder's fault. My bad embarrasment

Galan007
^ Cool beans, just double checking. thumb up

Batman-Prime
Weakest person? Matter-Eater Lad smile

Galan007
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Weakest person? Matter-Eater Lad smile MEL's ability to consume all types of matter is completely uninhibited -- his devouring of the Miracle Machine and all of its energies is proof enough of that.

ie. he ain't 'weak'. stick out tongue

Omega Vision
MEL's ability to consume all types of matter is completely uninhibited -- his devouring of the Miracle Machine and all of its energies is proof enough of that.

ie. he ain't 'weak'. stick out tongue
IYO could he eat Galactus if he could get Big G in his mouth?

Galan007
IYO could he eat Galactus if he could get Big G in his mouth? MEL ate the Miracle Machine. I doubt devouring Galactus would be any more difficult then that.

Denny Crane

I'm sure that came out dirtier than how you thought it.

P.S. by that logic Lindsay Lohan is > Galactus cause she can fit a lot in her...

psycho gundam
Just seems like recreating an Odin-enchanted hammer, and a cosmically powered board would be more difficult than recreating the man made circuitry of an armor. the hammer is still enchanted my magic even when shattered, just can't be used like that. and the board is almost the same as mjolnir in that it has it's own cosmic energy separate from the surfer.

tony's armour is an intricate piece of machinery, it was an accident at the lab that caused reese to get empowered, so basically, he's a dumb ass.

AsbestosFlaygon
laughing out loud

Yes he could... on both situations.

tideoftime
Hmmmm...

To use the old "Class" system as a gauge (as a number of people around here sometimes do), if adamantium/uru is Cl1000, and Cap's shield is Cl5000, then pretty much only the absolutely strongest non-abstract beings would be able to dent/break it (upper-ranges Superman, WB Hulk, or the such); it would seem, contextually, that even powerful mystics and matter manipulators would have problems with it. So either a very amped mystic, or a sun-dipped/ultra-enraged brick, would do the job.

manx422
Orion

TheTyrant
Apocalypse soloes.

AsbestosFlaygon
Black Panther

the ninjak
The Bush administration.

Endless Mike
Magneto might be able to

SoulDevourer
Durok?

the ninjak
How about Grey Gargoyle?
Could he turn the Shield into stone?

tideoftime
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Bush administration.

The OP said No Abstracts.

(So Cheney using his Omega-Effect... er, his Mad Titan Power... er, Infinity Gaun-- uh... yeah... no... No Abstracts, especially those that have the power to flaut pardoxical forces and get away with shooting a dude in the face and get *him* to apologize for being in the way...)

SoulDevourer
does moleculer manip count? OP ment "destroy" w/raw force like physical or energy blast or somethin...IMO

Aunt May with an anti-metal machette tuned to the right frequency. Magneto might do it if he puts in the effort.

the ninjak
Hey 753

How about Grey Gargoyle?
Could he turn the Shield into stone?

What do you think?

Hey 753

What do you think?

Good question, was there ever non living thing he couldn't turn to stone? He can probably do it. I don't see a reason for the shield having any special defense against transmutation, I think it's only very tough against shock and heat.

But the things he turns to stone turn back after some time right? I've read very few things with him in it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
Good question, was there ever non living thing he couldn't turn to stone? He can probably do it. I don't see a reason for the shield having any special defense against transmutation, I think it's only very tough against shock and heat.

But the things he turns to stone turn back after some time right? I've read very few things with him in it.

Yeah if he turns it then shatters it bye bye Shield.

He did re-emerge about a year ago I can't remember when and where.

It failed on the Hulk and he was one of the inmates to escape the Raft in New Avengers!
Forming a Team against Osborne but other than that he is laying low.

Yeah if he turns it then shatters it bye bye Shield.

good point

hulk is alive and a freak, it should work on the shield

The Nuul
Blink?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.