The P.I.S. Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
What are the worst instances of PIS in comics history?

A few nominations.

1. Darkseid cowering in fear of Superman.

2. Spider-Man defeating Fire-lord.

galactusischere
Sentry stalemating galactus.
Squirrel Girl defeating the rea..a thanos clone.
Silver Surfer defeating T&A.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Squirrel Girl defeating the rea..a thanos clone. First of He was with Shaman Nate there... mad and it was NOT a Clone.... mad

dmills
Thunderbolts 137. Dammit I wanted a great Iron Fist vs Mister X fight!

JakeTheBank
Rulk. I mean, I could state some specific examples, but why bother when the whole character is PIS incarnate?

galactusischere
Originally posted by nicamarvin
and it was NOT a Clone.... mad
Quan would disagree

JakeTheBank
You're opening a huge can of worms here...

Digi
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
2. Spider-Man defeating Fire-lord.

Shouldn't even be considered. To anyone who has read the issues, they give a believable reason for Firelord holding back, and Spider-Man takes FL through a freaking gauntlet of insanely damaging situations before he goes down. It wasn't horribly written, nor out of character. Everyone, including the characters and writers, realize the truth of their respective power levels, and the issues are fairly respectful of that.

- Can't be confirmed
- Is completely in character
- Ok, sure.

Parmaniac

2. Spider-Man defeating Fire-lord. That's not PIS no expression

JakeTheBank
Also, Marvel vs. DC, the crossover

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Rulk. I mean, I could state some specific examples, but why bother when the whole character is PIS incarnate? how is rulk PIS?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
how is rulk PIS?

Are you serious?

Starscream M
Are you serious? yes. back up what you said.

nicamarvin
yes. back up what you said. I smell a challenge here..... eek! lets see if the kidd backs his words or Run.... cool

Parmaniac
yes. back up what you said. Knocking out a Watcher, choking Silver Surfer to death, killing a Hulk and then getting almost bitting to deah by cannon fodder Vampires...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dmills
Thunderbolts 137. Dammit I wanted a great Iron Fist vs Mister X fight!

The whole issue was garbage. Even though it was stated that Ghost, Paladin and Headsman allowed them to win.

Feral scratching Cain's forearm.

The Nuul
Most Superman vs DS fights.

JakeTheBank
yes. back up what you said.

erm

"I don't want you to watch!" *oneshots Uatu* doesn't ring any bells?

Him beating the tar out of OF Thor due to "zero g", only to almost die the very next issue, somehow absorb Surfer's Power Cosmic with some crap plot deviceish power and more or less solo the Defenders, KILL the Grandmaster and briefly face Galactus, ONLY to have Hulk oneshot him, isn't PIS? Seriously, if Rulk isn't PIS, I'd hate to see what is.

Starscream M
erm

Him beating the tar out of OF Thor due to "zero g", only to almost die the very next issue, somehow absorb Surfer's Power Cosmic with some crap plot deviceish power and more or less solo the Defenders, KILL the Grandmaster and briefly face Galactus, ONLY to have Hulk oneshot him, isn't PIS? Seriously, if Rulk isn't PIS, I'd hate to see what is. his a high feat character with some low feats...so is every other comic book character

grundy beats on superman and then gets karate chopped by batman

flash takes on zoom and then slips on snow by mr freeze

thor beats hulk then struggles with wolverine

deathstroke beats teen titans and then struggles against nightwing

etc etc

nicamarvin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Feral scratching Cain's forearm. That is Not PIS.... mad

horrorwolf
Originally posted by The Nuul
Most Superman vs DS fights.
^ This.

horrorwolf

Classic examples as well!

embarrasment

Blanket
his a high feat character with some low feats...so is every other comic book character

deathstroke beats teen titans and then struggles against nightwing

etc etc And Rulk got the shit beat out of him by Cosmic Robo Hulk, was getting beat up by Talbot. Had problems with the LL. Got blinded by Wolverine.

Also, the difference is that Rulk has only been around for like 30 issues...

StiltmanFTW
erm

Him beating the tar out of OF Thor due to "zero g", only to almost die the very next issue, somehow absorb Surfer's Power Cosmic with some crap plot deviceish power and more or less solo the Defenders, KILL the Grandmaster and briefly face Galactus, ONLY to have Hulk oneshot him, isn't PIS? Seriously, if Rulk isn't PIS, I'd hate to see what is.

He is PIS, but Hulk did not one-shot him.

Tigra and Hellcat cut him laughing out loud Punisher stabbed him with a knife... it makes absolutely no sense for a guy who survives a fall from the moon to be that vulnerable to piercing attacks.

That is Not PIS.... mad

How is that not PIS. She should've broken her nails trying to do that to Juggernaut erm

Parmaniac
his a high feat character with some low feats...so is every other comic book character He steamrolled everyone till the point he turned hero erm

nicamarvin
How is that not PIS. She should've broken her nails trying to do that to Juggernaut erm ...That was worst than PIS.... sad

StiltmanFTW
...That was worst than PIS.... sad

True, we don't even have the word for that.

The Nuul
Osborn and U-Foes beat down on Thor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blanket

Also, the difference is that Rulk has only been around for like 30 issues... right, but that only makes it more understandable why he has more highs and lows....newer characters tend to not be established, so writers can take more freedoms.

nicamarvin
True, we don't even have the word for that. ..... cool

JakeTheBank

That I can remotely buy simply because the U-Foes in unison is no joke, especially against a slightly staggered Thor. It could have been handled a bit better, though, seeing as Bendis alters power levels on a whim to suit his own needs as a writer.

Blanket
right, but that only makes it more understandable why he has more highs and lows....newer characters tend to not be established, so writers can take more freedoms. No it doesn't.

And being understandable would still make it pis.

Parmaniac
X-Ray was knocked back by a body thrown onto him...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
X-Ray was knocked back by a body thrown onto him...

Living Laser hurt by bullets and Luke Cage laughing out loud

The Nuul
WWH vs Strange

Parmaniac
X-Ray was also drawn to stand on a glider...

JakeTheBank
Living Laser hurt by bullets and Luke Cage laughing out loud

Seriously, I was like "WTF?" over that issue.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I didn't have much problem with it at all. It was actually a pretty good durability showing for Thor.

Sentry tackles Thor (And as revealed in the recent Thunderbolts issue also punched Thor apparently.), then Thor gets blasted by the combined full power of Vector (He turned Hulk into a near skeletal state easily. And this was before the healing factor retcon when he had durability on Superman's level. He can easily repel reality for christ sakes.), X-ray (He can emit any and all forms of energy from the Electromagnetic spectrum.), Moonstone (Two Moonstones in her possession. Anyone whose read Thunderbolts knows her powerful her energy attacks are.), Iron Patriot (Not as efficient or as powerful as extremis Iron Man, but his close enough to that level, and Iron Man even previously has hurt a lot of powerful beings when he has to with his attacks.), Volcana etc. and is unharmed.

That was a pretty good showing. It's the part where he just stands there and lets them beat on him that I have a problem with.

StiltmanFTW
Seriously, I was like "WTF?" over that issue.

Spider Woman shrugging off amped Mandrill's mind control and Parker one-shotting amped Griffin was dumb like hell, too...

LordofBrooklyn
Slade stabbing Flash in IDENTITY CRISIS

Tactics and speed notwithstanding, from the time the point of the blade even touches him he would be able to avoid puncture.

LordofBrooklyn
Black Bolt vs WWH

This is a pattern where Bolt is used as fodder because he has enough gravitas as a powerful character but is only presented as such in terms of potential.

Bolt took on Savage Hulk who may have greater feats and put up a much greater battle with less on the line.

rotiart
Mephisto rewriting all of reality such that spiderman and Mary Jane were not together.. In effect mephisto rewrote the history of 616

And why..

StiltmanFTW
Black Bolt vs WWH

This is a pattern where Bolt is used as fodder because he has enough gravitas as a powerful character but is only presented as such in terms of potential.

Bolt took on Savage Hulk who may have greater feats and put up a much greater battle with less on the line.

That was a Skrull.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by rotiart
Mephisto rewriting all of reality such that spiderman and Mary Jane were not together.. In effect mephisto rewrote the history of 616

And why..

thumb up

On one hand, it's a great feat of Mephisto's because he was able to effect so many different people and to various degrees. On the other, OMD/BND sucks.

LordofBrooklyn
That was a Skrull.

This disqualifies the Black Bolt vs WWH fight from award consideration.

Omega Vision
My nominations:
-Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe
-Any Superman vs Darkseid moment that doesn't end with Superman tasting cosmic pavement
-Anytime Deathstroke takes on non-street-levelers
-Dr Doom tanking a blast from IG Thanos, even if it was only an offhanded one.
-All the demi-gods and metas who got jokerized by Joker Venom in Last Laugh. Seriously? Circe succumbing to Joker venom? Grayven Son of ****ing Darkseid getting Jokerized? No bueno.

LordofBrooklyn
Wonder Man circa the 2000's

The most egregious incident is his being smacked around by Hercules.

This is the same Simon that pimp-slapped Hercules with ease once he got annoyed with his antics.

Badabing
Nothing Batman or Banner/Hulk does is PIS. sneer

biscuits

Parmaniac
Spider Woman shrugging off amped Mandrill's mind control and Parker one-shotting amped Griffin was dumb like hell, too... Is the Griffin strong? Serious question I know nothing about him.

StiltmanFTW
Is the Griffin strong? Serious question I know nothing about him.

Class 90 pre-Hood upgrade.

His non-jobbing version from alternate reality was besting Marvel Adventures Avengers. Parker was a complete non-factor in that fight and that's the way it should be.

AlmightyKfish
Wonder Man circa the 2000's

The most egregious incident is his being smacked around by Hercules.

This is the same Simon that pimp-slapped Hercules with ease once he got annoyed with his antics.

He went from fighting Hyperion to getting beating by the Green Goblin xD.

Colossus-Big C
black panther physically beating silver surfer with human strength.
cable beating colossus physically.
juggernaut being cut
rhino knocking out hulk

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
rhino knocking out hulk

What?!

Colossus-Big C
What?! yea cable choked colossus to near death, rhino knocked out savage hulk

StiltmanFTW
yea cable choked colossus to near death, rhino knocked out savage hulk

I think I remember now... was that Leader in Rhino's body?

Is that Cable/Colossus thing canon? Piotr was transformed?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
He went from fighting Hyperion to getting beating by the Green Goblin xD.

Has anyone from Marvel tried to explain the idiocy that is taking place with Simon?

He knocked out the Abomination and loses to Goblin.

StiltmanFTW
When did he lose to GG?

Lord Feron
Superman and Friends picking up a book wieghing infinity...

DS taking out the JL

Rulk... that is all

tkitna
She-Hulk beating up the Champion

I've never been able to read a Dan Slott book since

Trackz
black panther physically beating silver surfer with human strength.
juggernaut being cut
rhino knocking out hulk the first one was explained in the following issues, i don't know why people keep bringing it up as PIS

redhotrash
Black Panther is constantly being wanked by a handful of writers. He really isnt that interesting. His comic consistantly gets below average marks. I wish they'd stop trying to cram him down our throats.

Trackz
Originally posted by redhotrash
Black Panther is constantly being wanked by a handful of writers. He really isnt that interesting. His comic consistantly gets below average marks. I wish they'd stop trying to cram him down our throats. how is he wanked? he was fighting the fantastic four in his first appearances....if you want to talk about a character being crammed down you throat, why not bring up deadpool who just appeared on about every marvel cover of last month...

redhotrash
Originally posted by Trackz
how is he wanked? he was fighting the fantastic four in his first appearances....if you want to talk about a character being crammed down you throat, why not bring up deadpool who just appeared on about every marvel cover of last month...

I do complain about Deadpool, often in fact. Deadpool isnt making a fool of the Silver Surfer and fighting off Dr. Doom though, who BP has no buisness even sharing a comic with.

LordofBrooklyn
Black Panther is constantly being wanked by a handful of writers. He really isnt that interesting. His comic consistantly gets below average marks. I wish they'd stop trying to cram him down our throats.

This is a rather strange comment.

He has had 2 series, a guest arc in the FANTASTIC FOUR and is currently featured in DOOMWAR.

You consider these appearances over 10 yrs to be "Cramming" down our throars?

Trackz
I do complain about Deadpool, often in fact. Deadpool isnt making a fool of the Silver Surfer and fighting off Dr. Doom though, who BP has no buisness even sharing a comic with. silver surfer incident was explained in the next issue, and BP has lost every fight against dr. doom...so again i'm not sure the point you're making.

Endless Mike

All of Squirrel Girl's victories are completely legitimate miffed

Badabing
Originally posted by Endless Mike
All of Squirrel Girl's victories are completely legitimate miffed thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I didn't have much problem with it at all. It was actually a pretty good durability showing for Thor.

Sentry tackles Thor (And as revealed in the recent Thunderbolts issue also punched Thor apparently.), then Thor gets blasted by the combined full power of Vector (He turned Hulk into a near skeletal state easily. And this was before the healing factor retcon when he had durability on Superman's level. He can easily repel reality for christ sakes.), X-ray (He can emit any and all forms of energy from the Electromagnetic spectrum.), Moonstone (Two Moonstones in her possession. Anyone whose read Thunderbolts knows her powerful her energy attacks are.), Iron Patriot (Not as efficient or as powerful as extremis Iron Man, but his close enough to that level, and Iron Man even previously has hurt a lot of powerful beings when he has to with his attacks.), Volcana etc. and is unharmed.

That was a pretty good showing. It's the part where he just stands there and lets them beat on him that I have a problem with.

hmm... my thoughts as well... the part where he doesn't do much.

basilisk
Has anyone from Marvel tried to explain the idiocy that is taking place with Simon?

He knocked out the Abomination and loses to Goblin.

Good question. I keep wondering if he was depowered in some story or mini that I missed, or if the writers are just crapping on him.

A lot of Panther's more recent stuff from Hudlin onwards is pretty bad and contains major PIS/CIS. I'm guessing from the cramming statement you mean in terms of trying to establish his rep constantly with ridiculous showings, rather than sheer number of issues like Deadpool.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Moonstone (Two Moonstones in her possession. Anyone whose read Thunderbolts knows her powerful her energy attacks are.)

I thought Moonstone only had the single moonstone again now? Otherwise she would be far more powerful, and based on her and Zemo's feats with 2xstones she could have taken on Thor alone and would have had no trouble trashing Danvers. Certainly Danvers only pulled one stone out of her in the recent fight.

From what I remember, Moonstone lost the two stones, Zemo had them for a while then lost them, then Moonstone got one back. I can't remember exactly what happened or where the other stone went. Been a while since I read those issues.

SamZED
Spider-man defeating Firelord wasn't that bad, FL was holding back the whole time and its not like Spider-man beat him with his bare fists alone..
Deadpool appearing on every marvel cover has nothing to do with PIS, more like with people at Marvel being f#$king retards. Who doesnt know that forcing him down everyone's throat is the best way to make every comic reader hate him.

BUSTER1
What was the explanation for Black Panther overpowering Silver Surfer?
And has anyone got any scans of Wonderman being beat by Green Goblin?

AsbestosFlaygon
Don't know if some of these have already been mentioned, but:

1. Molecule Man 'out-moleculed' by Sentry

2. Black Panther armbars Silver Surfer

3. Deathstroke outsmarting the Teen Titans, which includes Brainiac.

4. The Ultimate Nullifier

5. The Miracle Machine

6. Rhino getting his ass whooped by class 10- street-levelers (this is more like CIS)

7. Apocalypse defeated by Magneto.

8. The death of Jean Grey.

9. Scathan and his muzzle.

10. The Unimaginable BFR's himself.

11. Spectre with random restrictions and depowerments against 'soulless' beings (but somehow defeated Parallax anyway)

12. The Batman. Too many to name.

leonidas
Originally posted by BUSTER1

that wasn't PIS. BP had just hit ss with doom's energy draining weapon. ss was essentially powerless when BP tackled him. never been sure why people were all over that scene.

as far as PIS? this:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg

BUSTER1
Originally posted by leonidas
that wasn't PIS. BP had just hit ss with doom's energy draining weapon. ss was essentially powerless when BP tackled him. never been sure why people were all over that scene.

as far as PIS? this:

As far as the BP vs SS incident is concerned most people, including myself, who saw only the single scan of BP's armbar on SS, were unaware of SS being drained of power.

Who is the bloke beating up Thanos in your scans?

Nihilist
Rulk killing the (immortal) Grandmaster by simply punching him.

All of the WWH arc.

Any loss by Darkseid to Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Who is the bloke beating up Thanos in your scans?

That's Ka-Zar. Believe it or not.

Harbinger
Rulk KO-ing freaking Uatu the Watcher by punching him. Hell, most of Rulk's been PIS-riddled.

Superman being KOed by an exploding gas station.

DS tripping down stairs (no matter how weakened he was, that's PIS).

Deathstroke EVER being able to keep up with Flash, much less tag him.

Trackz
And has anyone got any scans of Wonderman being beat by Green Goblin? Silver Surfer didn't want to kill him, and Black Panther knew Silver Surfer didn't want to hurt him that seriously.

Trackz
As far as the BP vs SS incident is concerned most people, including myself, who saw only the single scan of BP's armbar on SS, were unaware of SS being drained of power.

Who is the bloke beating up Thanos in your scans? no, that was a different confrontation I believe.

Omega Vision

as far as PIS? this:

Is that canon?

Parmaniac
Lantern rings overall are PIS, seriously you posses a weapon that's only limited by your imagination (and willpower yeah but come on you know what I mean...) and most of them come up with straight out energy beams or duplicates of machine guns duh.

Kyle had some decent constructs though.

Omega Vision
Lantern rings overall are PIS, seriously you posses a weapon that's only limited by your imagination (and willpower yeah but come on you know what I mean...) and most of them come up with straight out energy beams or duplicates of machine guns duh.

Kyle had some decent constructs though.
John as well. I think it was Kyle who said "John's constructs...are solid." He actually designs them in his mind using his architectural skills and even details their interiors.

leonidas
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Is that canon?

yep. sick

Omega Vision
yep. sick
Jesus him getting owned by a peak human in h/h? laughing
Going by the "logic" of lowballing one extreme low showing means the average shifts thus putting Thanos safely in Low to Mid Herald class. dur

-K-M-
Is that canon?

Yes, but it was a Thanos clone.

kgkg
Going by the "logic" of lowballing one extreme low showing means the average shifts thus putting Thanos safely in Low to Mid Herald class. dur Most of Thanos Low showing and even some high ones have all turned out to be weak clones.

leonidas
Going by the "logic" of lowballing one extreme low showing means the average shifts thus putting Thanos safely in Low to Mid Herald class. dur

or ka-zar to trans. wink

and apparently (not entirely positive of this fact) that was the same clone that nate gray AND hulk battled against together. the same "weak clone" that wtfpwn'd hulk h2h and blasted the skin right off of him.

that really is one of teh stupidest things i've ever seen in a comic.

Blanket
or ka-zar to trans. wink

and apparently (not entirely positive of this fact) that was the same clone that nate gray AND hulk battled against together. the same "weak clone" that wtfpwn'd hulk h2h and blasted the skin right off of him.

that really is one of teh stupidest things i've ever seen in a comic. Wasn't Ka-Zar Thanos depowered or something by then?

dmills
that wasn't PIS. BP had just hit ss with doom's energy draining weapon. ss was essentially powerless when BP tackled him. never been sure why people were all over that scene. It didn't make sense to me because my mind automatically recalled when Quasar tried to drain the Surfer and failed. Yet I'm supposed to believe that a Doom device could do it. Unless Doom device energy siphon > Quantum bands energy siphon.

leonidas
It didn't make sense to me because my mind automatically recalled when Quasar tried to drain the Surfer and failed. Yet I'm supposed to believe that a Doom device could do it. Unless Doom device energy siphon > Quantum bands energy siphon.

doom's device did it a LONG time before the q-bands ever did. ironman also drained ss. it was odd how the q-bands didn't do much, but ss's showings against draining are pretty inconsistent so it's not hard to believe.

and bran--i'm not sure. if that clone that fought ka-zar WAS depowered, it would obviously make a lot more sense. those scans were presented in a tourney match i was in, but it was never mentioned that the clone was depowered. if it was, putting those scans in was pretty slick . . .

if not, then it's just utterly retarded. and i LIKE ka-zar.

Blanket
I believe he was, but it's been a long time since I read it. I think Thanos clone also beat Ka-Zar pretty easily earlier when he was at full power, and he later walked out of the lava to later be hit with a huge explosion that trapped him in the area where he fought X-Man and Hulk.

as far as PIS? this:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg BP got the armlock in when Surfer was at full power, Surfer then blasted him after being saved I believe multiple times, and iirc BP was still awake. They fought again in the next issue where BP depowered him.

leonidas
BP got the armlock in when Surfer was at full power, Surfer then blasted him after being saved I believe multiple times, and iirc BP was still awake. They fought again in the next issue where BP depowered him.

are you 100% sure of that? i was pretty sure he drained him first then tackled him . . .

not saying you're wrong. could be i just threw up a mental block and ASSUMED that was the case. the alternative is too ridiculous. no expression

Blanket
are you 100% sure of that? i was pretty sure he drained him first then tackled him . . .

not saying you're wrong. could be i just threw up a mental block and ASSUMED that was the case. the alternative is too ridiculous. no expression 92.3%

That was right after Storm managed to stun him with lightning (which is still weird because lightning only stuns him, but BP can threaten to tear his arm off)...

Gravity also manages to hurt Galactus and fill him up in the McDuffie arc, as well as Storm tearing Stardust apart I believe. Thus proving that the whole arc was amazingly well done.

dmills
I know that comics are fantasy and require a certain willing suspension of disbelief but I'm sorry, Wolverine getting dumped into molten metal and coming back, uh no.

In that kind of heat, all bones, blood vessel's, arteries and organs are incinerated. His healing factor would have to be magic based in order for him to come back at that point. And even then, how'd he get out?

Parmaniac
I know that comics are fantasy and require a certain willing suspension of disbelief but I'm sorry, Wolverine getting dumped into molten metal and coming back, uh no.

In that kind of heat, all bones, blood vessel's, arteries and organs are incinerated. His healing factor would have to be magic based in order for him to come back at that point. And even then, how'd he get out? By skill man SKILL!!!!

waiting for the storm I summoned...

leonidas
92.3%

and i'm supposed to believe that? no expression

Blanket
and i'm supposed to believe that? no expression 7.7% of doubt.

Stop being such a Debbie Downer.

leonidas
92.3%

That was right after Storm managed to stun him with lightning (which is still weird because lightning only stuns him, but BP can threaten to tear his arm off)...

Gravity also manages to hurt Galactus and fill him up in the McDuffie arc, as well as Storm tearing Stardust apart I believe. Thus proving that the whole arc was amazingly well done.

double-checked that arc. BP did drain him but you're right--the armbar came BEFORE the scene where he drained him.

good lord . . . i was a better, happier person just minutes ago. sad

Blanket
double-checked that arc. BP did drain him but you're right--the armbar came BEFORE the scene where he drained him.

good lord . . . i was a better, happier person just minutes ago. sad Put the mental block back up.

Trackz

not saying you're wrong. could be i just threw up a mental block and ASSUMED that was the case. the alternative is too ridiculous. no expression he did the armbar knowing that silver surfer wouldn't risk severely injuring him in order to break the hold (stated on panel), then he fled back to wakanda to retrieve the golden frogs (can manipulate time and space) in order to retrieve the device that drained him.

Trackz
92.3%

Gravity also manages to hurt Galactus and fill him up in the McDuffie arc, as well as Storm tearing Stardust apart I believe. Thus proving that the whole arc was amazingly well done. gravity had all the power of the protector on the universe and drained himself filling up galactus, why is that bad?

Blanket
gravity had all the power of the protector on the universe and drained himself filling up galactus, why is that bad? Because Gravity was lower than the heralds or on their level in the same arc...

Trackz
Because Gravity was lower than the heralds or on their level in the same arc... well for one he wasn't experienced with his power and for all we know he was more powerful (or had more raw power) than them, just didn't know how to use it effectively, pouring it into galactus doesn't require much experience

Blanket
well for one he wasn't experienced with his power and for all we know he was more powerful (or had more raw power) than them, just didn't know how to use it effectively, pouring it into galactus doesn't require much experience For all we know, Galactus could have gotten a massive spike in his power and Gravity was as powerful as Nova.

For all we know, I could be stroking one out right now, but I'll never tell.

Trackz
For all we know, Galactus could have gotten a massive spike in his power and Gravity was as powerful as Nova.

For all we know, I could be stroking one out right now, but I'll never tell. most people are being nitpicky, the arc was fine. if you want to get into details like that pretty much all marvel arcs currently are poorly written.

Blanket
most people are being nitpicky, the arc was fine. if you want to get into details like that pretty much all marvel arcs currently are poorly written. The problem arrises when BP manages to hold Surfer in an armbar and threaten to rip his arm off.
If it was just one problem, then it could be easily overlooked. However, there was no saving grace for that arc (from Surfer being out of character to Storm being out of character, to even more iirc). There was problems everywhere with that arc, and even McDuffie admitted he had made a dumb moment when Surfer had been in that situation.

The only thing it had going for it was action.

Poorly written doesn't make it a complete waste of space like the MD arc.

Trackz
The problem arrises when BP manages to hold Surfer in an armbar and threaten to rip his arm off.
If it was just one problem, then it could be easily overlooked. However, there was no saving grace for that arc (from Surfer being out of character to Storm being out of character, to even more iirc). There was problems everywhere with that arc, and even McDuffie admitted he had made a dumb moment when Surfer had been in that situation.

The only thing it had going for it was action.

Poorly written doesn't make it a complete waste of space like the MD arc. it was stated like an issue later or he same issue (i don't remember) that BP knew surfer wouldn't want to seriously injure him or kill him to get him off, the threat could easily be a part of T'Challa's hubris. I get your point though.

Blanket
it was stated like an issue later or he same issue (i don't remember) that BP knew surfer wouldn't want to seriously injure him or kill him to get him off, the threat could easily be a part of T'Challa's hubris. I get your point though. That's all fine and dandy, but he still manipulated his arm and body to get in that position. Plus, all he had to do was carefully move and easily get out of the sticky situation with no harm done.

Actually I think I made a mistake earlier. Mad Stardust blasted BP off of Surfer, and BP was still awake iirc.

Omega Vision
Couldn't Surfer have easily just flown high into the air until BP passed out from lack of oxygen? Or you know...do anything. laughing out loud

Trackz
Couldn't Surfer have easily just flown high into the air until BP passed out from lack of oxygen? Or you know...do anything. laughing out loud they were on the moon if i remember correctly.

Omega Vision
they were on the moon if i remember correctly.
Jesus I'm glad I never read that comic. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
He didn't have his board then. BP told him to keep it away or he would tear his arm off shocklaugh

BUSTER1
That's Ka-Zar. Believe it or not.

Good god. Whats next?? J.Jonah Jameson goint tot to with Thor??

Parmaniac
Good god. Whats next?? J.Jonah Jameson goint tot to with Thor?? Yeah that would be too stupid everyone knows JJJ > Thor

Black bolt z
Surfer complaining its too hot.

Magneto1982
My nominations.....

1. Wolverine being able to tag Exodus.

2. Despero being KO'd by Batman.

3. Shang-Chi owning the Thing.

FOOM
Gwen Stacey sleeping with Norman Osborne.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by FOOM
Gwen Stacey sleeping with Norman Osborne.
That's not PIS. That's just good old fashioned poor writing.

zopzop
He didn't have his board then. BP told him to keep it away or he would tear his arm off shocklaugh

Good................Lord! roll eyes (sarcastic) sick

Does anyone have a scan? I'm begging you to post it. I'm dying to see such stupidity in action.

Or at least tell me the comic it took place in so I can track it down? I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

zopzop

Is this really PIS? Darkseid's been jobbin' a lot recently. Behold his jobby goodness :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27874/599646-darkseid_stairs1_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27874/599647-darkseid_stairs2_super.jpg

This one takes the cake, here he lives in fear of his supervisor at McDonald's
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37499/790502-jobber_super.jpg

I told you I DIDN'T want fries with that! laughing out loud

zopzop
OMFG, here it is, I couldn't edit my other post, the time limit was up :

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9724/wow5uz9.jpg

My sides hurt, I can't stop laughing. laughing

King Castle
that's like claiming a shirt will restrict your arm movement due to its weight...

i mean a peak human against a herald with 50 to 100+ tonner strength wouldnt feel the weight being applied to him.facepalm

i always wonder if writers careers ever suffer due to extreme onesided bias and stupidity of characters

amnesia
Darkseid's comic book knowledge>>Yourssneer

Omega Vision
Originally posted by zopzop
Is this really PIS? Darkseid's been jobbin' a lot recently. Behold his jobby goodness :

Nice job ignoring context again.

marwash22
Wonder Woman beating any male character. biscuits

amnesia

zopzop

Zatanna4life
Speedy beating up Zatanna!

amnesia
Thor losing a fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by amnesia
Thor losing a fight.

marwash22
any time a villain has a hero by the balls and doesn't finish the job.

master plan speeches.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
any time a villain has a hero by the balls and doesn't finish the job.
That's CIS, not PIS.

marwash22
That's CIS, not PIS. hmmm, i suppose it would be.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
Thor losing a fight. no expression

Magneto1982
Originally posted by zopzop
OMFG, here it is, I couldn't edit my other post, the time limit was up :

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9724/wow5uz9.jpg

My sides hurt, I can't stop laughing. laughing

Black Panther owning Silver Surfer......... sad

DarkestKnight08
Originally posted by Magneto1982
My nominations.....

1. Wolverine being able to tag Exodus.

2. Despero being KO'd by Batman.

3. Shang-Chi owning the Thing.

How is Batman defeating Despero P.I.S.? Batman is of the best martial artist in comic book history and he is capable of overpowering superhuman beings in combat. On the other hand, Wolverine tagging Exodus is ridiculous.

Q99
Originally posted by DarkestKnight08
How is Batman defeating Despero P.I.S.? Batman is of the best martial artist in comic book history and he is capable of overpowering superhuman beings in combat.

Somewhat Superhuman ones. Not people of Despero's toughness level.

King Castle
Nighwing lassoing wally while running around at superhuman speed.

or batman grabbing, bart by the hair while zipping around the bat cave.33

the bat power is strong in them.

batman

Uriel005
Batman beats lobo in a straight fist fight...

Magneto1982
How is Batman defeating Despero P.I.S.? Batman is of the best martial artist in comic book history and he is capable of overpowering superhuman beings in combat. On the other hand, Wolverine tagging Exodus is ridiculous. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/876393-untitled_scanned_01_super.jpg

Enough said big grin

Prep-Man

Omega Vision
^It's from Ambush Bug. Darkseid appeared at the end of the issue, revealed to be the mastermind behind the plot of the entire comic, parodying DC's overuse of him as a Big Bad.

When Ambush Bug spotted him he exclaimed "Darkseid!!" in typical 'dum dum dum' fashion.

DarkestKnight08
@ Magneto1982 -

Batman is the master of pressure points, so it is possible that he can take out Despero using that technique (regardless of Despero's telepathic abilities/strength).

Uriel005
How is Batman defeating Despero P.I.S.? Batman is of the best martial artist in comic book history and he is capable of overpowering superhuman beings in combat. On the other hand, Wolverine tagging Exodus is ridiculous.

It goes like this... Pressure points and nerve clusters still requires force to use them. Like me poking you under your armpit isn't going to debilitate you. You might laugh for a second but its not going to make you drop. However me jabbing you with 2 knuckles with a still relatively small amount of force is going to drop you. Despero is a tank to impact forces. Piercing forces not so much but to him I think Batman hitting full force is still a tickle. Tanking hits from superman wonderwoman captain marvel and others with a smile means that pressure point techniques from someone who is a normal human who isn't using chi amps isn't going to do diddly to him.

Also batman taking superhumans like Lobo is always PIS.

Stall_19
Flash and Hawkeye stopping Krona in the JLA/Avengers crossover
World War Hulk
Hawkeye somehow doing this....
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/4563/hawkeyek.png
Well maybe it doesn't qualify but it's still stupid.

All of Reed Richards scientific feats but still being unable to cure the Thing.

batdude123

Butthurt Darkseid fans are just never gonna let this one go, are they? laughing out loud

Does Superman have to beat Darkseid 18 more times before we can all just admit that Superman is that good?

I bet we'd still have Darkseid apologists talking about how each subsequent thrashing at the hands of Superman was either:

1. PIS

2. The circumstances were stacked in Superman's favor

or

3. All of the above

Can we please just expedite this long, painful, yet, inevitable journey down this road and drop it?

Dum Dum Dugan

is this post for real? confused

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Magneto1982
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/876393-untitled_scanned_01_super.jpg

Enough said big grin despero's a pussy anyway

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by batdude123
Butthurt Darkseid fans are just never gonna let this one go, are they? laughing out loud

Does Superman have to beat Darkseid 18 more times before we can all just admit that Superman is that good?

I bet we'd still have Darkseid apologists talking about how each subsequent thrashing at the hands of Superman was either:

1. PIS

or

3. All of the above

Can we please just expedite this long, painful, yet, inevitable journey down this road and drop it? That post is old. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123

1. PIS

or

3. All of the above

Can we please just expedite this long, painful, yet, inevitable journey down this road and drop it? I agree with batdude for once.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>