Weakest person that could destroy Cap's shield w/BRUTE FORCE ONLY?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
same as other topic, but here no cheatin: they gotta use raw force

so thats physical force (punch/snap it in 2), energy (energy blasts, melt it & all that)...and thats it cool

Mshinu
Trion Juggs

SoulDevourer
no expression that guys almost abstact lvl...so that means no1 below that can do it? confused

tideoftime
Like I said in the other thread: using the old Class ratings (as a mutual term for concensus), if Adamantium/Uru is Cl1000, and Cap's shield is Cl5000, then it would take a truly monumental physical force to bend/break it, such as upper-scale Superman, or WB Hulk. Somewhat lesser expressions of physical force might do it, also, if given a significant amount of time to try, and endurance/stamina is not an issue for the character in question. No need to go abstract to break it, so Trion Juggs *might* be overkill, depending on one's interpretation.

And just to chime in again about transmutation/magical attacks: while I don't have access to my friend's CA collection right now, I seem to recall that the shield is pretty resistant to that kind of influence, in terms of compromising it's structural integrity. Of course, overt Reality Manipulation can very well by-pass that, but then, that's kind of the point of Reality Manipulation, isn't it?

SoulDevourer
wut about Durok? (the golem)
maybe hes got a fair chance

Black bolt z
Where do yu people find these rating sites that shows the characters highs and lows?

Black bolt z
With brute force it would take above hulk level strength.

Galan007
An enraged Thor only managed to dent the shield upon striking it -- I can't imagine the force it would take to actually destroy it.

I guess I can take a shot in the dark and say it would take less than Thanos /w/ IG, but far more than a pissed off Thor... If that helps. smart

Black bolt z
Thats a prett big difference.I'm not sure and brute force alone can destroy the shield

Konton
I think if Thor really wanted to break it, he would of kept swinging until it broke. I think he's pretty much strong enough.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Konton
I think if Thor really wanted to break it, he would of kept swinging until it broke. I think he's pretty much strong enough.

Without Mjolnir?

Galan007
I just remembered this incident...

The Redeemer Armor had the same basic composition as Cap's shield -- with a vibranium core to absorb impact:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4227/rulk1d.th.jpg

Rulk shredded through it like tissue paper:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7465/rulk2.th.jpg http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/217/rulk3.th.jpg http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1676/rulk4.th.jpg

So apparently Rulk-level strength would be enough. smile

Harbinger
Only if Loeb is writing said character at the time.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Konton
I think if Thor really wanted to break it, he would of kept swinging until it broke. I think he's pretty much strong enough. I doubt even that could break it.Thor is uber strong but can anyone here give three examples of cap's shield being broken.Or even 1 of something lower level than that of the IG.

Galan007
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I doubt even that could break it.Thor is uber strong but can anyone here give three examples of cap's shield being broken.Or even 1 of something lower level than that of the IG. I do believe Thanos /w/ IG is the only one who has ever broken the shield itself with brute force alone.

But Rulk is apparently capable of it as well (see the above scans.) So by that coin, green Hulk and Thor (who have both matched and/or exceeded Rulk) should theoretically be capable of doing the same.

shifty

Black bolt z
The scans above do not show caps shield being broken.The suit might be made out of some of the same materials but no one has ever matched the composition of caps shield.No one Lower then thanos with IG has ever broken cap's shield.

Wild Shadow
Karate Kid and Karnak angel

KillAll
karnak would break his hand lmao... i'm not sure that any could break it physically below an abstract...

Black bolt z
I'd like to see karnak do it cuz he chopped a like 6 ft tall block of diamond in half in seconds.I'd like to see karnak hit cap's shield.

Galan007
The scans above do not show caps shield being broken.The suit might be made out of some of the same materials but no one has ever matched the composition of caps shield. Samson said the armor had the same composition as Cap's shield. Meh.

namorsubby
I think superman

Black bolt z
How would samson know?Know one knows the exact composition thats why they haven't been able to duplicate it.Also even if that suit is made of the same material of cap's shield it's not cap's shield.I want scans of CAP'S SHIELD being broken by something lower than IG.

Galan007
*sighs*

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Karate Kid and Karnak angel

KK might do it with the s'an tosque'sa chop, which destroys any inanimate object. It was developed by an Race which build an empire selling an almost indestructible material, in fact it was so hard that no machine could ever hope of mining it.

Though that wouldn't be brute force, on the contrary it would be killer technique!!!11one!

dur I love BS. smile

Brute force, hmm, Rulk with Loebforce (also called PIS).

Hulk cand o it sooner or later. Magneto probably can to, but might fall out of your definition of raw force only.

Mshinu
Rulk tebags the shield and it falls apart.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Since when did the Redeemer have the same composition of Captain America's shield?

How do they even know the composition of Captain America's shield? One of the things that make it so special is the procedure for how it was made is unknown.

Rulk breaking something with the same composition of Captain America's shield is just....facepalm

But if he can kill the Grandmaster even though he was specifically banned from the realm of Death, then I guess continuity simply doesn't apply.

Edit: Samson said it had a vibranium core. So it wasn't the entire suit. As long as that wasn't breaking the core etc. than I think it's fine.

Galan007
^ Samson said the armor had the same basic composition at Cap's shield, with a vibranium core to absorb impact.

Regardless, It didn't look like Rulk had any trouble shredding through the armor, or it's core. To me, at least... confused

Black bolt z
Yes the same basic compostion but no one knows the exact amount of virbanium to adamantium.It may be made of the same materials that doesn't mean it's as strong.

Galan007
^ Or it could mean the armor WAS as strong as Cap's shield (which certainly seemed to be the implication) but Rulk still shredded through it.

galactusischere
What about Juggernaut?

Enyalus
How would samson know?Know one knows the exact composition thats why they haven't been able to duplicate it.Also even if that suit is made of the same material of cap's shield it's not cap's shield.I want scans of CAP'S SHIELD being broken by something lower than IG.
Cap's shield was also broken by King Thor's blast IIRC.

Galan007
^ YDRC. thumb up

(though that wasn't a 'brute force' attack.)

Black bolt z
What does IIRC mean?i'm not good with abreviations

Galan007
If I remember correctly.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007

The Redeemer Armor had the same basic composition as Cap's shield -- with a vibranium core to absorb impact:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7465/rulk2.th.jpg http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/217/rulk3.th.jpg http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1676/rulk4.th.jpg

So apparently Rulk-level strength would be enough. smile loeb really likes to mess up continuity doesn't he.....

Enyalus
^ YDRC. thumb up

(though that wasn't a 'brute force' attack.)
OP also mentions energy attacks as being viable, though.

Galan007
Don't make excuses. stick out tongue

Batman-Prime
I would like to say Batman with his Admantium cutter, but I'm not sure if he carries it with him anymore. It's a long time since JLA/Avengers after all. Except of this, the TS said "weakest"... hmm

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I would like to say Batman with his Admantium cutter, but I'm not sure if he carries it with him anymore. It's a long time since JLA/Avengers after all. Except of this, the TS said "weakest"... hmm that would be a resounding "hell no".

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that would be a resounding "hell no".

Reed with the weapon he used against the celestial?

Black bolt z
Could a second cap's shield break cap shield?

psycho gundam
maybe, if it was made of antarctic vibranium

That would certainly work. In fact, anything made from anti-metal would work

StiltmanFTW

What if Vibranium is under the layer of that "experimental iron alloy"? stick out tongue

psycho gundam
uhuh

OneDumbG0
^ Samson said the armor had the same basic composition at Cap's shield, with a vibranium core to absorb impact.

Regardless, It didn't look like Rulk had any trouble shredding through the armor, or it's core. To me, at least... confused I think the "same basic composition" has to do with the vibranium core nature of the Redeemer armor and just that. I don't think the implication is that Ross' Redeemer armor had the same composition as Cap's shield.

More importantly, there are plenty of instances where something with a vibranium core have been shattered by pure force/impact.

Silent Master
Originally posted by namorsubby
I think superman

Not a chance.

K Von Doom
Doom as Beyonder did blink

Original Smurph
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think the "same basic composition" has to do with the vibranium core nature of the Redeemer armor and just that. I don't think the implication is that Ross' Redeemer armor had the same composition as Cap's shield. That's how I read it as well.

Even if you read it as implying something on a chemical level, the term "basic" implies that its still not exactly the same as Cap's shield, and therefore not proof enough that Rulk is capable, IMO.

Warlord
Full OF Thor dented it superman or hulk have no chance.
if only strength is to be applied I think someone at skyfather leve is required

Hulk gets there eventually, he bent admantium once

Warlord
wasn't that retconed?

it was? I wasnt awrae of it. still think he gets there eventually

Warlord
wasn't that retconed?

Originally posted by Warlord
wasn't that retconed?

The adamantium bending? If you say so, I believe you. I still think he can eventually break the shield, because as far as I know his powerset and the absence of an upper limit strengh in it weren't retconned. So he can become strong enough to do it depending on his emotional state.

If you want a power level he has already reached on panel and not just the potential for it, then I find it plausible that world breaker hulk might be able to do it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah, Hulk isn't breaking the Shield. I doubt any writer would have him do that no matter how angry he is unless it was stated he was amped to some degree.

Thor's dented Adamantium (This hasn't been retconned as far as I know.) and he isn't doing anything to Captain America's shield either. Not at least without an amp.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah, Hulk isn't breaking the Shield. I doubt any writer would have him do that no matter how angry he is unless it was stated he was amped to some degree.

Thor's dented Adamantium (This hasn't been retconned as far as I know.) and he isn't doing anything to Captain America's shield either. Not at least without an amp.

Whether or not writers would do it is a different matter and usually not the point of these threads.

With the hulk's potentially infinite strengh it is reasonable to assume he can do it on his own. Thor might need a boost because he has upper limits built into him, while the hulk doesn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Whether or not writers would do it is a different matter and usually not the point of these threads.

With the hulk's potentially infinite strengh it is reasonable to assume he can do it on his own. Thor might need a boost because he has upper limits built into him, while the hulk doesn't.

The writers would not let him do it, because he cannot do it. At least not as far as we have seen. You need to have power on the high end of the Skyfather spectrum as far as I can tell to damage that shield, and the Hulk has never reached that level, and whether he can reach that level is doubtful. Marvel has different levels of infinite apparently. The word gets thrown around too much.

Thor and his apparent built in limits have allowed him to match the Hulk in a contest of strength for entire hours.

Starscream M

Thor and his apparent built in limits have allowed him to match the Hulk in a contest of strength for entire hours. cuz hulk jobs to thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
cuz hulk jobs to thor.

laughing out loud

Yea, because Thor a being with the ability to utterly annihilate the Hulk if he feels like it being reduced to fight the Hulk like a brute in basically every single one of his encounters, and is treated like a joke compared to the Hulk in almost all of their alternate universe encounters is the one the Hulk jobs to amirite?

Go back to your corner.

Starscream M
laughing out loud

Yea, because Thor a being with the ability to utterly annihilate the Hulk if he feels like it being reduced to fight the Hulk like a brute in basically every single one of his encounters, and is treated like a joke compared to the Hulk in almost all of their alternate universe encounters is the one the Hulk jobs to amirite?

Go back to your corner. no you dolt

savage hulk should treat thor like a ragdoll in any elongated battle (as depicted in Hulk vs Thor)

instead, for some reason, writers forget Hulk's durability and strength amps when he is pitted against blondie...that is straight PIS

Thor not using all of his powers is just thor being thor.

again, do you not comprehend that Hulk jobs when fighting thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
no you dolt

savage hulk should treat thor like a ragdoll in any elongated battle (as depicted in Hulk vs Thor)

instead, for some reason, writers forget Hulk's durability and strength amps when he is pitted against blondie...that is straight PIS

Thor not using all of his powers is just thor being thor.

again, do you not comprehend that Hulk jobs when fighting thor?

laughing out loud

No he should not.

Durability? Hulk has straight up been called invulnerable previously in a battle against Thor. He had Superman level durability at the time, and it was shown.

Strength amping? That's why he goes around yelling, the angrier he gets the stronger he gets, that his stronger than ever etc. throughout their fights right?

facepalm

It's like you try and fail epically at least once a day. Don't ever change brucy.

Starscream M
laughing out loud

No he should not.

Durability? Hulk has straight up been called invulnerable previously in battles against Thor.

Strength amping? That's why he goes around yelling, the angrier he gets the stronger he gets, that his stronger than ever etc. throughout their fights right?

facepalm

It's like you try and fail epically at least once a day. Don't ever change brucy. ok lets follow that logic..since you admitted some critical points

1) hulk is straight up invulnerable the angrier he gets (guess what, same ain't true for blondie). so the longer the fight lasts, the weaker and more injured thor gets while thor only gets even more durable and his HF works even faster. Glad you agree.

2) Hulk gets stronger as they fight (reverse for blondie). Hence without writer PIS, Hulk should be tossing thor around like a sack of rice as the fight goes on...but it doesn't, because marvel can let it's blue eyed blondie get humiliated by an ugly monster.

so you see, you actually agree with me that Hulk SHOULD be pummeling Thor even though it might not happen.

The writers would not let him do it, because he cannot do it. At least not as far as we have seen. You need to have power on the high end of the Skyfather spectrum as far as I can tell to damage that shield, and the Hulk has never reached that level, and whether he can reach that level is doubtful. Marvel has different levels of infinite apparently. The word gets thrown around too much.

Thor and his apparent built in limits have allowed him to match the Hulk in a contest of strength for entire hours.

At the levels the hulk was for that fight yes. The hulk is placed at whatever level the story needs him at and it's consitant with his powerset. His strengh is potentially infinite, so it is possible for him to do it without outside boosts.

World breaker might do it. When thor dented it, he dwasn't at a high end skyfather level, although he was amped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ok lets follow that logic..since you admitted some critical points

1) hulk is straight up invulnerable the angrier he gets (guess what, same ain't true for blondie). so the longer the fight lasts, the weaker and more injured thor gets while thor only gets even more durable and his HF works even faster. Glad you agree.

2) Hulk gets stronger as they fight (reverse for blondie). Hence without writer PIS, Hulk should be tossing thor around like a sack of rice as the fight goes on...but it doesn't, because marvel can let it's blue eyed blondie get humiliated by an ugly monster.

so you see, you actually agree with me that Hulk SHOULD be pummeling Thor even though it might not happen.

facepalm

I honestly have absolutely no idea, why I bother, but I'm bored so whatever.

1) Thor's damage soak has always been ridiculous so I have absolutely no idea why you have a problem with him lasting against the Hulk as long as he has. Thor's withstood attacks and onslaughts from beings way above the Hulk.

2) I've always been of the opinion that Thor's reservoir of strength is so vast it allows him to overcome the limits that we see day to day. Heck you can even go with the entire his strength is limited to his will power shtick that Superman fans use. I could definitely make an argument for that if I wanted to and it would actually make sense now that I think about it, but I've mocked Phil about it so it would be hypocritical. Anyways, Thor's stalemated and utterly owned dumb Drax with the Power Gem, stalemated Kurse despite the fact he should be 3 times stronger than Thor, briefly overpowered the Scarlet Scarab when he drained Thor of all his strength and added it all on to his own near Class 100 strength. Thor has been doing impressive and crazy shit like this throughout his career. Him stalemating the Hulk in a contest of strength over a long period time, is no more ridiculous then what his done on other instances.

Maybe, just maybe, Thor's a lot tougher and stronger than you give him credit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
At the levels the hulk was for that fight yes. The hulk is placed at whatever level the story needs him at and it's consitant with his powerset. His strengh is potentially infinite, so it is possible for him to do it without outside boosts.

World breaker might do it. When thor dented it, he dwasn't at a high end skyfather level, although he was amped.

It is potentially near infinite for his tierl. Although when you can go higher up the food chain, it's finite.

Thor had the Odin Force at the time. Of course he was still limiting himself mentally as later revealed, but he was still at the least Skyfather level.

I highly doubt that World Breaker could do it. Okay maybe if Pak was writing, but even then I doubt it.

Starscream M
facepalm

Maybe, just maybe, Thor's a lot tougher and stronger than you give him credit. hulk is the strongest being in Marvel. period. he is the epitome of strength.

to say that thor now also has a limitless reserve of power is going against the whole role that hulk plays...which is uniquely his. that his strength can increase without limit.

thor's cannot. you're just pulling things outta your behind.

Rage.Of.Olympus
hulk is the strongest being in Marvel. period. he is the epitome of strength.

to say that thor now also has a limitless reserve of power is going against the whole role that hulk plays...which is uniquely his. that his strength can increase without limit.

thor's cannot. you're just pulling things outta your behind.

Ignored everything. Why am I not surprised?

no expression

No, he is not the strongest being in Marvel.

Apparently he isn't the epitome of strength when Thor's around.

Pff. Thor doesn't care about roles and status'. He pisses on them when he gets angry.

Hulk's strength is limitless? Thor can match it and even defeat him in battle when his pissed off. Drax's strength is limitless? Thor can match it and even defeat him in battle when mad. Kurse is supposed to be multiple times stronger than Thor? Screw it, a pissed off Thor can match him and toss him like a rag doll. Grog has pretty decent super human strength and Thor's apparently helpless? He get's pissed off, and kicks his ass anyway. Are you seeing the pattern here?

The fight with Ulik captures it rather well. Ulik just beat Hercules (Hercules was suffering from confidence issues at the time.), and we all know Ulik is on Thor's level at base. Well, Thor engages him with Hercules and gets thrown around after Ulik amps himself thousands of times with power. Then Ulik makes a big mistake, he endangers a cop that is Thor's friend and makes Thor angry. Can you guess the result?

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik71.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik72.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik73.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik75.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik76.jpg

Are you seeing the pattern yet?

Clearly I am. It's not as if I listed various feats that have occurred on panel and am basing my opinion on reading Thor and all of his appearances.

It is potentially near infinite for his tier

not sure what this means. what is near infinte? and how can it be infinit just for his tier. It is potentially infinite so he can surpass the tier his average portraysl have him at. He can match and surpass Odin's physical strngh, but only his strengh. whether or not he has done it is a different matter, but he can. The strongest version of him I know is probably worldbreaker, although some savage hulk showings are irrationally powerfull too. Anyway, almost destroying the earth by walking puts him in a league of pure physical strengh of his own

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753
not sure what this means. what is near infinte? and how can it be infinit just for his tier. It is potentially infinite so he can surpass the tier his average portraysl have him at. He can match and surpass Odin's physical strngh, but only his strengh. whether or not he has done it is a different matter, but he can. The strongest version of him I know is probably worldbreaker, although some savage hulk showings are irrationally powerfull too. Anyway, almost destroying the earth by walking puts him in a league of pure physical strengh of his own

Could Hulk get stronger than the Living Tribunal or the "One Above All"?

Enyalus
Hulk's strength is limitless? Thor can match it and even defeat him in battle when his pissed off. Drax's strength is limitless? Thor can match it and even defeat him in battle when mad. Kurse is supposed to be multiple times stronger than Thor? Screw it, a pissed off Thor can match him and toss him like a rag doll. Grog has pretty decent super human strength and Thor's apparently helpless? He get's pissed off, and kicks his ass anyway. Are you seeing the pattern here?

The fight with Ulik captures it rather well. Ulik just beat Hercules (Hercules was suffering from confidence issues at the time.), and we all know Ulik is on Thor's level at base. Well, Thor engages him with Hercules and gets thrown around after Ulik amps himself thousands of times with power. Then Ulik makes a big mistake, he endangers a cop that is Thor's friend and makes Thor angry. Can you guess the result?

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik71.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik72.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik73.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik75.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsUlik76.jpg

Are you seeing the pattern yet?

Clearly I am. It's not as if I listed various feats that have occurred on panel and am basing my opinion on reading Thor and all of his appearances.
Great post. I think my favorite "Thor gets pissed, wtfpwns" moment was against Stellaris, the Celestial Slayer. Straight up rips open and tears apart her Celestial armor when mad. Wicked. cool

Originally posted by Silent Master
Could Hulk get stronger than the Living Tribunal or the "One Above All"?

They dont really have physical strengh do they? they dont have physical bodies like the hulk. Although they could make avatars with infinite strengh if they wanted to.

Infinite is an abstraction that creates some problems when thinking in comparative terms, but 'infinite is not > infinite' (without going into the philosophy of the matter and whether or not infinity can contain infinity here this works for most situations) so no, he can never surpass those who have inifinite strengh like the avatars i mentioned or potential infinite strengh like he himself has

Enyalus
I think in Calculus II you learn that there's actually no such thing as infinity...We need h1 in here to drop some maths knowledge!!!!

Originally posted by Enyalus
I think in Calculus II you learn that there's actually no such thing as infinity...We need h1 in here to drop some maths knowledge!!!!

I think things can only tend towars infinity, but never reach it. so the concept of limits is used in calculus.

still as an abstraction it's used in philosophy and logic. lets say the hulk destroys a galaxy with a thunder clap (yeah I know how retarded it sounds, but its the hulk) someone else with infinite strengh can match and surpass that, he can then match and surpass their feats and so on and so forth with no end.

We should get h1's opinion on the matter anyway, because he's fun!

Enyalus
Originally posted by 753
I think things can only tend towars infinity, but never reach it. so the concept of limits is used in calculus.
Bingo. Kinda like an object with mass can approach the speed of light, but never hit it.

psycho gundam
he'll play ignorant to any non dc feat though

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753
They dont really have physical strengh do they? they dont have physical bodies like the hulk. Although they could make avatars with infinite strengh if they wanted to.

Infinite is an abstraction that creates some problems when thinking in comparative terms, but 'infinite is not > infinite' (without going into the philosophy of the matter and whether or not infinity can contain infinity here this works for most situations) so no, he can never surpass those who have inifinite strengh like the avatars i mentioned or potential infinite strengh like he himself has

Since you view the LT and TOAA as also having infinite strengh, I obviously asked the wrong question.

Do you believe Hulk could match their strength?

Since you view the LT and TOAA as also having infinite strengh, I obviously asked the wrong question.

Do you believe Hulk could match their strength?

I think he can (not saying he will) match any strengh feats their avatars with physical strengh can do and vice versa with no end, yes.

Silent Master
Interesting, would the same apply to Odin?

Interesting, would the same apply to Odin?

Does the odin force come with a built in limit? because that's the only thing that justifies saying that for the hulk, comics say he has no upper limit to how strong he can become.

If odin can amp himself up with no limit like the hulk, then yes he should be able to do it. But i always thought the OF had upper limitations and a finite ammount of energy. I'm no expert though.

Silent Master
He's been said to be omnipotent, which would mean he has infinite power and thus can amp his strength to whatever level he wants.

kakuzu
The Mandarin he nearly did it once when he karate chopped it. The only reaosn why he didn't get through was because he put huge amount of ice on it the panel before by mistake but even Captain America said if he hits my sheild one more time he will break it.

Living laser almost did onec to but not with brute fore he is considrably weaker then Mandarin lol. Unless your in a diamond house.......

Silent Master
Neither of those sound right, unless they happened after it Secert Wars because IIRC it wasn't reassembled correctly and had a flaw that has since been removed.

kakuzu
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/gaarakaku/fighting%20pics/16-crop3.jpg

kakuzu
ok lets follow that logic..since you admitted some critical points

One of the dumbest comments I've heard Hulk invulerable? Do you understand that when your invunerable you don't need a healing factor like Wolverine? Like seriously even Marvel admits Hulk is only extremely durable not invulnerable. You know why? Back when Thor was teleporting in the heart of the sun to talk to his brother Human torch had to hold back his flames on Hulk lol.

Hulk tkaes forever to get stronger are you serious? Didn't he fight Doc samson for and 6 hours in an even fight? You act like each passing minutes he gets stronger. In earlier comics like the third issues of avengers Thor admits that he is stronger than Hulk and Hulk takes advantage of Thor having to have to hold back by Hulk not holding back and always running away from the Avengers. If Hulk was so strong he wouldn't always be easy game for the likes of Thing everytim he turned to Hulk. Thor was able to easily hold down a bloodlust thing while Hulk is just over even with regular thing. Stan lee admits that he made Thor to be stronger than Hulk don't know why thats so hard to believe. He is suppose to be a god not all powerful but pretty damn strong. Look at who hulk fights abomnimation wow. Thor takes on Mangog and Surtur. Cmon.

janus77
Hulk

janus77
Originally posted by kakuzu
One of the dumbest comments I've heard Hulk invulerable? Do you understand that when your invunerable you don't need a healing factor like Wolverine? Like seriously even Marvel admits Hulk is only extremely durable not invulnerable. You know why? Back when Thor was teleporting in the heart of the sun to talk to his brother Human torch had to hold back his flames on Hulk lol.

Hulk tkaes forever to get stronger are you serious? Didn't he fight Doc samson for and 6 hours in an even fight? You act like each passing minutes he gets stronger. In earlier comics like the third issues of avengers Thor admits that he is stronger than Hulk and Hulk takes advantage of Thor having to have to hold back by Hulk not holding back and always running away from the Avengers. If Hulk was so strong he wouldn't always be easy game for the likes of Thing everytim he turned to Hulk. Thor was able to easily hold down a bloodlust thing while Hulk is just over even with regular thing. Stan lee admits that he made Thor to be stronger than Hulk don't know why thats so hard to believe. He is suppose to be a god not all powerful but pretty damn strong. Look at who hulk fights abomnimation wow. Thor takes on Mangog and Surtur. Cmon.
I think he means that Hulk's durability increases to the point of virtual invulnerability (ie nothing within a given situation can harm him physically), if so, it's one I'd agree with.

Hulk is meant to get stronger and tougher the more he's beaten up.

also this BS about "Hulk takes forever to get this strong..." is wanton nonesense... never on-panel has there been a ratio or any quantification of how long it takes Hulk to get strong enough. plain bullshit on your part. sorry.

Hulk held a planet together, a planet twice the size of earth, he didn't require time to gee himself up for it, he just dived into the magma and did it. Hulk also braced a mountain that Thor couldn't do (direct implication of the situation) while calm.

Silent Master
IMO, Hulk has never shown the strength level needed to break Cap's shield.

Original Smurph
Given a proper energy source, Meggan could do it.

janus77
IMO, Hulk has never shown the strength level needed to break Cap's shield.
umm, what character has then?

bangman
juggernaut cant do it he is not that strong at all in strength

Enyalus
Originally posted by janus77
Gladiator. cool

bangman
Gladiator is stronger then juggernaut cool

janus77
Gladiator. cool
the avatar of Russel Crowe?
confused

Enyalus
the avatar of Russel Crowe?
confused
Him, too.

bangman
the avatar of Russel Crowe is stronger then juggernaut
confused

janus77
Originally posted by bangman

**** Juggernaut, he's stronger than Stan Lee - I saw the fight!

bangman
**** Juggernaut, he's weaker than Stan Lee - I saw the fight!

Silent Master

The only one to break it via pure strength was Thanos w/IG.

bangman
Thanos is far stronger then juggernaut

carver9
World War Hulk
Gladiator
Superman Prime

-K-M-
Puck, he punches the shield in the nuts.

Warlord
The Batkick maybe?

bangman
The Batkick is stronger then juggernaut

Warlord
where did you come with that...?
brilliant...

nicamarvin
where did you come with that...?
brilliant... ...do you know this poor sap?... confused

Warlord
Originally posted by nicamarvin
...do you know this poor sap?... confused

he's a frequent member...he gets beaned all the time and he creates new accounts...lovely guy

nicamarvin
he's a frequent member...he gets beaned all the time and he creates new accounts...lovely guy I got banned too.... sad but I asked for it... stick out tongue

bangman
i get bann for bein black the mod is racist modafacka

chomperx9
Originally posted by bangman
i get bann for bein black the mod is racist modafacka do what jackson did. then maybe you wont get banned anymore

Black bolt z
There is no one that can break cap's shield without MEGA-UBER amp.Like thanos with power gem and doom with beyonder power IIRC those were the only times caps' shield has EVER broken.

h1a8

So apparently Rulk-level strength would be enough. smile

Can u post where it says it was made out of the exact material CA's shield is made out of. Because the makeup of CA's has always been unknown (an unknown ingredient).

xJLxKing
First scan Read!

Silent Master
The first scan only says basic composition.

xJLxKing
And a V Core

Silent Master
"Basic" and "exactly the same" are two different things.

Black bolt z
Multiple times has it been stated that the exact composition of cap's shield has ALWAYS been unknown.That suit isn't made out of the EXACT same amound of adamantium to viranium so it is not the same compostion as cap's shield.And would people stop posting scans of things like caps shield being broken.Some post a scan of caps shield being broken by something other then beyonder and IG.

Silent Master
King Thor broke it with a eye blast, but that was in an altered timeline and it was a magic based attack.

kakuzu
I think he means that Hulk's durability increases to the point of virtual invulnerability (ie nothing within a given situation can harm him physically), if so, it's one I'd agree with.

Hulk is meant to get stronger and tougher the more he's beaten up.

also this BS about "Hulk takes forever to get this strong..." is wanton nonesense... never on-panel has there been a ratio or any quantification of how long it takes Hulk to get strong enough. plain bullshit on your part. sorry.

Hulk held a planet together, a planet twice the size of earth, he didn't require time to gee himself up for it, he just dived into the magma and did it. Hulk also braced a mountain that Thor couldn't do (direct implication of the situation) while calm.

Hulk does take forever to get angry. It also took him and hour to get stronger than Thor one time when they fought, In Hulks first fight with Abomination who was twice as stronger as Hulk, Hulk didn't even get a chance to get strong enough to beat Abom, he just straight lost. Some people on the site think its like "Hulk angry" (Strength increases by 50 tons Hulk lifts 150 tons "Hulk angry" (Strength increases by 50 tons) No Hulk strength never worked so easily. If he was really that strong you think he would ever loose a battle? Wouldn't his record be spotless with Thor and Madman? There wouldn't even be a world war Hulk due to the fact he wouldn't lost to get thrown in the first place, Hulks strength takes time to get to incredible levels.

Also he doesn't become invulerable as the fight passes on, usually he can just with stand the hits better but never invulerable. If that was the case Wolverine and Wendigo wouldn't hurt him so much, when he fights Thor his hammer would bounce off Hulks skin like it does Demogorge.

Hulk didn't hold the entire planet together portion of it. Hadn't he been angry for some time now right? He didn't just turn to Hulk.

Hulk didn't brace a mountian lol. Read the comic why don't you he braced like 10% of the moutain while Thor took on and entire leauge of villains on his own and then escaped to help Hulk and the gang. By the time he arrived they had just came out. Thor has lifted a 2,000ft celestial before, he has destroyed moutains all over a planet with just one hit before, hell he has pulled the midgard serpent and all of earth before and yet you make and ignorant statement he can brace 10% of a moutain? Hulk couldn't even do it he said "I can't hold this up very much longer" IF you want a debate on better strength feat Thor wins trust me.

Thor actually has real strength feats while majority of Hulks own like when he destroyed the astrioed he had some thing help launch him up in the air and a jet pack. When Hulk finally took on destroyer for the first time and maestro spirit took over Hulk for some odd reason was three times the size of the destoyers and still lost horribly, When Thor took on Abomination the first time he hit him he one shotted him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Great post. I think my favorite "Thor gets pissed, wtfpwns" moment was against Stellaris, the Celestial Slayer. Straight up rips open and tears apart her Celestial armor when mad. Wicked. cool

Just because I love you, and like you said, it was badass.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_DefeatsStellaris1.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_DefeatsStellaris2.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_DefeatsStellaris3.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_DefeatsStellaris4.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_DefeatsStellaris5.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_DefeatsStellaris6.jpg

Also a nice piece of evidence that Thor instinctively pulls his punches.

Black bolt z
IN pure strength hulk wins.In a fight thor is stronger.

Originally posted by h1a8
Can u post where it says it was made out of the exact material CA's shield is made out of. Because the makeup of CA's has always been unknown (an unknown ingredient).

its made from vibranium and iron. what is unknown is the exact nature of the iron alloy and of the resulting iron + vibranium alloy.

Black bolt z
Post where it says the exact compostition.Also i've heard three different mixtures of things is what cap's shield is made of.Vibranium + iron,virbranium + steel and Vibranium + adamantium.

h1a8
Originally posted by xJLxKing
First scan Read!

Basic composition implies that it isn't necessary for both to have exactly the same composition. After all, it was stated by Marvel several times that CA's shield still contains an UNKNOWN substance with the included vibranium and steel alloy.

Black bolt z
Yeah and no one has broken that exact composition

Post where it says the exact compostition.Also i've heard three different mixtures of things is what cap's shield is made of.Vibranium + iron,virbranium + steel and Vibranium + adamantium.

its vibranium + iron

BloodKnight
A mid-level Skyfather.

psycho gundam
steel + wakandan vibranium. the "third" element was introduced while the scientist was sleeping which caused the two previous metals to perfectly interlace their atomic structure in a way that rendered the new amalgam substance indestructible.

what that X element was is a mystery, and i don't even think stan lee or jack kirby even though up what it was at all so....

cap doesn't even know, the shield was just awarded to him from rosevelt (?) when his other one got damaged.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.