casshern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

overlord
http://falsepositives.blogspot.com/Casshern.jpg

futuristic movie about gene manipulation

steampunk almost

some dead guy gets taken into a pool of regenerative genes and becomes superman, needing a suit to hold him back

after a lot of theatrical beauty, the movie suddenly transforms into a fighting movie

this is what dragonball z should have been Happy Dance

jaden101
You quite clearly didn't get the point of this film at all.

Mr. Rhythmic
Haven't seen the whole thing, but I saw the fight scene, and that fight scene was what DBE failed to do.

K.Diddy
erm Haven't heard anything about this movie in Aus,looks interesting though

overlord
Originally posted by jaden101
You quite clearly didn't get the point of this film at all. how is it clear if you can't tell me?

overlord
You quite clearly didn't get the point of this film at all. how humanity is almost killed by god? just say what you mean, man!

Robtard
Originally posted by overlord
how humanity is almost killed by god? just say what you mean, man!

Film's about a man's (Tetsuya) emerging awareness of his homosexuality and the distance this forms in his relationship with his father, duh. Watch it again

jaden101
how is it clear if you can't tell me?

You thought it was a fight film. If you didn't understand the deeper message of the film then i'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you. Take what you want from it. If you think the whole point of it was to be a visually amazing fight film then so be it. Just because I didn't and am not going to tell you doesn't mean I can't.

jaden101
Actually...**** it...I will spoon feed you. This excerpt from a review says it best.

MildPossession
I absolutely love this film, one of my favourites. So much to look at in the film and a wonderful ending.

SnakeEyes
I saw this film a while back; I liked it but couldn't get into it as much as I wanted to.

overlord
Actually...**** it...I will spoon feed you. This excerpt from a review says it best. I said what I had to say to promote

who cares about the deeper meaning, I'm sure there are people who are attracted to statements like that but usually there are little

and many movies have a deeper meaning, why should I explain all to everyone? smile

overlord
or rather spoil everything for everyone :P

MildPossession
It's not exactly a spoiler what Jaden said...

jaden101
I said what I had to say to promote

who cares about the deeper meaning, I'm sure there are people who are attracted to statements like that but usually there are little

and many movies have a deeper meaning, why should I explain all to everyone? smile

You thought it was a "fight" movie. It's blatently apparent you had no idea what the themes or message of the movie was. The directors of films put these themes in specifically as messages for people to take notice.

With you it's the equivalent of getting an important letter but you're too busy staring at the shiny envelope it came in to notice.

overlord
you must think very highly of me if you compare me to getting an important letter smile

overlord
and the fighting scenes were still awesome, no matter how you put it big grin

geshien
Good flick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.