Thanos vs. Thor, Brb and Herc (h2h only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
No hammers or weapons of any kind. Thanos can amp but is only uses h2h just as the others are. Who wins.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

galactusischere
Team.

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
Team. You think the team has more power in their fists than Odin has in energy projection?

galactusischere
Thanos was getting beat up though. Sure he didn't go down, but he wouldn't have won the fight.
Plus Odin isn't even as strong as She Hulk without amp so...

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
Thanos was getting beat up though. Sure he didn't go down, but he wouldn't have won the fight.
Plus Odin isn't even as strong as She Hulk without amp so... He was amping during the entire fight and you expect these guys to have a chance when he get beat them down by by one.

Kid Kurdy
Team wins.

Especially if they work together, which shouldn't be such a problem, it's not like they are strangers to each other.

Nihilist
Thanos wins a good majority

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Team wins.

Especially if they work together, which shouldn't be such a problem, it's not like they are strangers to each other.

thumb up Well said.

quanchi112
Team wins.

Especially if they work together, which shouldn't be such a problem, it's not like they are strangers to each other. Based on which Thanos showing where he goes down to a top tier in fair combat.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on which Thanos showing where he goes down to a top tier in fair combat.
You know its three vs one, right ? Like in, three experienced powerhouses at the same time vs one ?

quanchi112
You know its three vs one, right ? Like in, three experienced powerhouses at the same time vs one ? Yes, and I've seen Thanos treat the Surfer like nothing so three guys and two of which are without their bread and butter are at a serious disadvantage considering his durability and strength.

Mshinu
Thanos, by Pimp Hand principle.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thanos, by Pimp Hand principle. yup.

not to sound fanboyish but that is exactly how he would handle them each...Pimp slapping away.. maybe throw in a close fist backhand as well...

Herc would go for a choke jumping on top of him.. thor and beta would both charge in with a head shot and body shot. thanos would tank it and once they finish their first attack he would pimp slap them to the ground in one swing three stooges style...

thanos would then flip herc to the ground in front of him and back hand him...

he would repeat as necessary... smokin'

Kid Kurdy
Thanos, by Pimp Hand principle.
Is that so ?

I didn't know Thanos pimp hand was that powerful. I guess we all learn every day something new.

leonidas
starfox and morg have both taken it to thanos physically for a time. he didn't appear to be eager to go straight h2h with champ whose power was planet-busting level at the time (same place these 3 are) and there is the allusion to the hulk. he'd have his hands full with all 3 at once. not sure they could do enough damage to take him out though before he whittled them down. hard to see them punching thanos unconscious. i think it would be a VERY long battle.

Enyalus
Thanos has pimp-handed away Thor before. And Herc.

Thanos wins this matchup the vast majority of the time.

Mshinu
Is that so ?

I didn't know Thanos pimp hand was that powerful. I guess we all learn every day something new.

Happy to be of assistence.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2192/Thanos_vs_HulkDrax.jpg

Enyalus
I never realized that Hulk looked so much like Frankenstein there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
starfox and morg have both taken it to thanos physically for a time. he didn't appear to be eager to go straight h2h with champ whose power was planet-busting level at the time (same place these 3 are) and there is the allusion to the hulk. he'd have his hands full with all 3 at once. not sure they could do enough damage to take him out though before he whittled them down. hard to see them punching thanos unconscious. i think it would be a VERY long battle. Because he had a plan set in motion against the Champion. he mocked him as he easily tossed him around and goaded him into channeling the power necessary to wreck the planet.

Kid Kurdy
Happy to be of assistence.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2192/Thanos_vs_HulkDrax.jpg
How predictable.

They weren't hurt in the least, and were back in the very next panel, ready to kick his ass. Thanos ran away.

So much for the pimp hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, team wins this. Thanos' durability keeps him in this for the long run, and his stronger than either of the three here, but Thor has not been portrayed as weak as he would need to be against Thanos in their physical encounters in order for me to think Thanos would win. He'd need to be twice as strong if not more than Thor for him to win here which he clearly is not.

And seeing as how Thor has matched beings that should be a lot stronger than him like Kurse, a strength advantage only means so much to the Thunder God apparently as he has more of a strength resevoir than even I can believe at times.

Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos has pimp-handed away Thor before. And Herc.

The closest I can think to the Thor instance, is when he jumps at Thanos in mid air, and Thanos knocks him over him.

I cannot think of any other instances besides maybe the time Masterson tried to restrain him along with the Hulk, and he uses his punch to knock them away.

So I have to ask, scans or issue number?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, team wins this. Thanos' durability keeps him in this for the long run, and his stronger than either of the three here, but Thor has not been portrayed as weak as he would need to be against Thanos in their physical encounters in order for me to think Thanos would win. He'd need to be twice as strong if not more than Thor for him to win here which he clearly is not.

And seeing as how Thor has matched beings that should be a lot stronger than him like Kurse, a strength advantage only means so much to the Thunder God apparently as he has more of a strength resevoir than even I can believe at times.

The closest I can think to the Thor instance, is when he jumps at Thanos in mid air, and Thanos knocks him over him.

I cannot think of any other instances besides maybe the time Masterson tried to restrain him along with the Hulk, and he uses his punch to knock them away.

You honestly see these three KOing Thanos via punches? Come on Rage.. He's treated Thor and Herc as if they were fleas. Not just in action but in words. That is how he acts and treats all heralds. Yet these three and going to punch him unconcious?

Harbinger
Originally posted by leonidas
starfox and morg have both taken it to thanos physically for a time. he didn't appear to be eager to go straight h2h with champ whose power was planet-busting level at the time (same place these 3 are) and there is the allusion to the hulk. he'd have his hands full with all 3 at once. not sure they could do enough damage to take him out though before he whittled them down. hard to see them punching thanos unconscious. i think it would be a VERY long battle. This.

Lord Feron
Thanos will win but it will be troublesome.

the ninjak
Hercules defeated the Skrull Gods
Yet Thor has been quoted to defeat Herc in such a manner.
And BRB is pretty much Thor's equal in raw power but has less will as far as I am concerned.
Thanos has put his psyche and body through incredible punishment before and survived!
I am not experienced enough to decide ultimately but this would be a brutal fight with the limitations of hand to hand combat.

rotiart
Quanchi: thanos referring to champion being like hulk was a thought bubble not him speaking... He didn't goad him so much a knew that eventually hampion would go into planetbuster.... But thanos was afraid for his shields in his quest which were about to fail...

But comparisons are merely there for the strength amps through rage... Someones strength with the infinity gem would be higher faster than what the hulk could do...

Thanos does have the durabilty to last and strength to harm... In a one on one or two on one I'd give it to thanos... In a three on one I'll give it tithe team to pull out a small majority though thanos could pull almost as many wins

Enyalus

I don't really think you're looking at this the right way. Maybe Thanos is about twice Thor's strength (I'd say that is accurate, not 50% more), that's plenty when his durability is so much higher than anyone on this team. And you've made use of this fact before, that during Infinity War Masterson Thor's "blow" matched Thanos' own. But keep in mind that that was Thanos' fist, and it matched Masterson's Mjolnir smash equally. erm I don't have to emphasize how strong those Mjolnir hits are. If Thanos can do that with his fists, how long does it take before the team goes down? Also in IW, he takes on Thing, Hulk, Thor and Hercules simultaneously and is shown looking better than at least Thing and Hulk combined. And only he, Drax with the Power Gem, and Warlock are left standing at the end of the battle. We know why Drax was left - the Power Gem. Warlock was up in the air fighting Quasar one-on-one most of the time. Thanos had to take on the bulk of the heroes heavy-hitters and didn't look any worse for wear. Strong Guy even comments on Thanos' incredible durability.

So again, I don't understand how you can seriously think these three put him down, solely going H2H.

Same issue. I was thinking of this page:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight5.jpg
That top panel looks to me like Thanos is slapping Thor back, but there's not any connection artwork so I won't press the point.

Kid Kurdy

I don't really think you're looking at this the right way. Maybe Thanos is about twice Thor's strength (I'd say that is accurate, not 50% more), that's plenty when his durability is so much higher than anyone on this team. And you've made use of this fact before, that during Infinity War Masterson Thor's "blow" matched Thanos' own. But keep in mind that that was Thanos' fist, and it matched Masterson's Mjolnir smash equally. erm I don't have to emphasize how strong those Mjolnir hits are.
So you are saying Thanos hits just as hard as Mjolnir ?

Enyalus

So you are saying Thanos hits just as hard as Mjolnir ?
Based on on-panel evidence, I'd say he hits just as hard as Mjolnir swung by Masterson Thor. Yup.

rotiart
Wonderland fists have been compared to thors mjolnir strikes too...

Enyalus
Originally posted by rotiart
Wonderland fists have been compared to thors mjolnir strikes too...
Via speechification. Not direct fist-on-hammer encounters.

Enyalus
And only he, Drax with the Power Gem, and Warlock are left standing at the end of the battle. We know why Drax was left - the Power Gem.
Rage, ignore this part if you please? I've only had 2 1/2 hours of sleep. That has to be the explanation for why I'd say something like this. sad

kakuzu
Yeah all three together? They demolish him lol. They are all crazy good in hand to hand and if I remember correctly al hurt galactus physically. Hercules got the low blow though if I recall. Thor just threw his hammer at him, BRB slammed his hammer on him while taking on his herald. All together they should be able to take on Thanos. Thor alone in warriors rage took on him

Enyalus
^ Thor in Warrior's Madness would own BRB and Herc simultaneously with ease, too, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

Allankles
Thor alone would be a tough fight for Thanos h2h, with 2 other guys on his level? Thanos gets demolished. And pimp hands aren't going to cut it here, unless you're being tongue-in-cheek. Team 10/10

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Thor alone would be a tough fight for Thanos h2h, with 2 other guys on his level? Thanos gets demolished.
See Quasar #38 and Infinity War #4...

Allankles
Pimp hands?

Enyalus
Pimp hands?
No. Him taking on Thor, Herc, Hulk and Thing simultaneously and not coming anywhere close to being put down. And Thor had Mjolnir there.

quanchi112
Thor alone would be a tough fight for Thanos h2h, with 2 other guys on his level? Thanos gets demolished. And pimp hands aren't going to cut it here, unless you're being tongue-in-cheek. Team 10/10 False. Thor with the power gem only bloodied his nose. Thanos stomps any of these guys one on one and systematically destroys them in this thread.

DarkOdin
going by the OP Thanos wins a solid 9/10 No hammers for team and Thanos gets to amp he a huge disadvatage for the team plus no weapons too.

Yes Quan the team does gets 1 win how you say easily.

Hercules leads the attack with rapid fire kicks to the balls while BRB stuns Thanos with a atomic wedgie, followed by Thor going in for the combo to ko nipple crippler.

Don't deny thie one Quan stick out tongue

Anyway yes Thaos stomps hard here

Allankles
False. Thor with the power gem only bloodied his nose. Thanos stomps any of these guys one on one and systematically destroys them in this thread.

That was PIS, if the power gem is anything like it's hyped up to be. And Thor would give Thanos a hard battle one-on-one, especially if Thanos has to go it h2h. Sure Thanos wins those battles but Thor makes him work for it while it lasts, add two other guys in Thor's league and this can only go for the team.

This isn't comics where a pimp hand, or even a force block is conveniently in place to allow Thanos to escape, here the fight has a definitive end and Thanos would be hard pressed to get a majority on two of these guys h2h let alone 3.

Enyalus
That was PIS, if the power gem is anything like it's hyped up to be.
Except Drax, Champion, Thundra and Thor has proven that its not PIS the way its portrayed. Thor was, afterall, stomping everyone else.

And Thor would give Thanos a hard battle one-on-one, especially if Thanos has to go it h2h.
Except he hasn't before, and it's not like Thanos is suddenly at a disadvantage going H2H. It's how he usually fights, afterall. Thor is the one who loses his hammer, his matter and energy manipulation abilities, his antiforce blasts, etc...

Allankles

Except Drax, Champion, Thundra and Thor has proven that its not PIS the way its portrayed. Thor was, afterall, stomping everyone else.

I'm talking about Thor v Thanos. Thor was supposed to have been powered up, in fact he was hyped up way more than Drax or Champion were when they had the PG.

Also the fact he beat those guys up and couldn't definitively defeat Thanos before he was force blocked is why it's PIS.

It's called the "Worf Effect" feed the guy relatively tough but expendable guys like Surfer to hype up the characters strength. In this case Surfer is Worf, like Worf he has an impressive rep.

Except he hasn't before, and it's not like Thanos is suddenly at a disadvantage going H2H. It's how he usually fights, afterall. Thor is the one who loses his hammer, his matter and energy manipulation abilities, his antiforce blasts, etc...

But Thanos is limited here to his two hands and feet only, he has 6 hands and six feet to contend with. With his powers he can easily put up defensive shields. Here he'll be getting mobbed.

Enyalus
I'm talking about Thor v Thanos. Thor was supposed to have been powered up, in fact he was hyped up way more than Drax or Champion were when they had the PG.

Also the fact he beat those guys up and couldn't definitively defeat Thanos before he was force blocked is why it's PIS.

It's called the "Worf Effect" feed the guy relatively tough but expendable guys like Surfer to hype up the characters strength. In this case Surfer is Worf, like Worf he has an impressive rep.
Thor took out not only Surfer, but also BRB and the entire Infinity Watch, including Drax and Warlock. Easily. Thanos stopped him. It's not PIS, as Thor was clearly portrayed being as powerful as he should have been. If Thor had jobbed to Thanos or looked somehow weaker, okay. But he didn't. Thanos is just that good. erm

But Thanos is limited here to his two hands and feet only, he has 6 hands and six feet to contend with. With his powers he can easily put up defensively shields. Here he'll be getting mobbed.
Will it even matter if I post the scans from Infinity War? Because like I said, he's done this before. He's taken on Masterson Thor, Herc, Hulk and Thing at the same time, without resorting to blasts, and didn't have a scratch on him when the fight was brought to an end.

There's no way Thanos loses here. If BRB and Thor had their hammers, that could definitely be the case. In this scenario, no...

K Von Doom
Thanos has handled strongmen coming at him all at once in Infinity War I think - Thing, Hulk, Herc, Strong Guy, Masterson Thor (I think)

Allankles

Thor took out not only Surfer, but also BRB and the entire Infinity Watch, including Drax and Warlock. Easily. Thanos stopped him. It's not PIS, as Thor was clearly portrayed being as powerful as he should have been. If Thor had jobbed to Thanos or looked somehow weaker, okay. But he didn't. Thanos is just that good. erm

I think he did job to Thanos, the plot allowed for a plot device (force block) which allowed Thanos to retreat. Also the contest itself wasn't particularly long before said force block. It's not like Thor was bashing him relentlessly.

Will it even matter if I post the scans from Infinity War? Because like I said, he's done this before. He's taken on Masterson Thor, Herc, Hulk and Thing at the same time, without resorting to blasts, and didn't have a scratch on him when the fight was brought to an end.

There's no way Thanos loses here. If BRB and Thor had their hammers, that could definitely be the case. In this scenario, no...

I've actually seen that fight. And I agree that Thor and BRB blows aren't going to pack the same punch without their hammers but, in place of two hammers they have six fists.

Also I don't buy anything Stalin writes for Thanos, in a way he is worse than Loeb. With Loeb he just makes his heroes more powerful than the opposition, with Starlin he makes the opposition as dumb as a bucket of rocks.

I think those characters perform better in a forum battle, simply because there's no plot preventing them from just mobbing Thanos at the same time.

In the comic you have Herc and a weaker Hulk walking up to Thanos and getting their heads driven into each other, that kind of silly scenario isn't going to take place in an environment like this.

Enyalus
I think he did job to Thanos, the plot allowed for a plot device (force block) which allowed Thanos to retreat. Also the contest itself wasn't particularly long before said force block. It's not like Thor was bashing him relentlessly.
Ignore the Force Block for now. Prior to it, Thanos was still winning the battle if you go by points. He put Thor on the ground twice as often as Thor put him on the ground. Barring the Force Block and BFR, Thanos couldn't have won. We saw that. The Power Gem meant Thor had pretty much straight invulnerability. Regardless of that, though, we still saw that Thanos was more powerful than him, landed harder blows, etc. Even amped by the Power Gem as Thor was. There's no PIS there.

I've actually seen that fight. And I agree that Thor and BRB blows aren't going to pack the same punch without their hammers but, in place of two hammers they have six fists.
Uh-huh...three times as many fists mean very little when Thanos' durability is so much ridiculously higher than theirs, and Thanos' own fists while amping hit with the force of Mjolnir.

Also I don't buy anything Stalin writes for Thanos, in a way he is worse than Loeb. With Loeb he just makes his heroes more powerful than the opposition, with Starlin he makes the opposition as dumb as a bucket of rocks.

I think those characters perform better in a forum battle, simply because there's no plot preventing them from just mobbing Thanos at the same time.

In the comic you have Herc and a weaker Hulk walking up to Thanos and getting their heads driven into each other, that kind of silly scenario isn't going to take place in an environment like this.
The fight you're talking about (and I am), was written by Mark Gruenwald...who apparently was actually pissed with Starlin at the time of the crossover. So there's no reason for Gruenwald portraying Starlin's character as being uber unless he really felt that way.

Allankles
Also the funny thing about Starlin is he has these characters being drawn to be much smaller than Thanos allowing him to perform pimp hands from distance and knocking people's heads together because he's so much bigger than them.

Even though Hulk is supposed to tower over Thanos he looks smaller in IW. Herc is only a couple of inches shorter but you wouldn't know it. Thor is the same height as Thanos and you wouldn't know it. I want every comic feat to be convincing but group fights have to be more sensible than that.

It's a clear case of the Hand Ninja syndrome. I think it's unfair to measure guys by those type of fights (the victims that is). I remember Batman after having Supes powers for a short time embarrassing the league, to me that was PIS too and was depicted unimpressively and the league had to appear dumb for Bats to pull it off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did Thanos take on Hercules, Hulk, Thing and Masterson at the same time? If you're talking about Quasar #38, all we saw was Thanos attempting to knock Hulk's and Thing's heads together while Quasar stopped it. Hercules was just standing there while Masterson was just floating there. Hardly evidence of anything.

Enyalus
When did Thanos take on Hercules, Hulk, Thing and Masterson at the same time? If you're talking about Quasar #38, all we saw was Thanos attempting to knock Hulk's and Thing's heads together while Quasar stopped it. Hercules was just standing there while Masterson was just floating there. Hardly evidence of anything.
Quasar is thinking it, they're surrounding Thanos, and Masterson Thor is behind Thanos with Mjolnir winding up.

When the fight is called, Thanos is still standing, with only Drax and Warlock with him. Did Thanos magically avoid not fighting the four heroes who were surrounding him?

Allankles

Ignore the Force Block for now. Prior to it, Thanos was still winning the battle if you go by points. He put Thor on the ground twice as often as Thor put him on the ground. Barring the Force Block and BFR, Thanos couldn't have won. We saw that. The Power Gem meant Thor had pretty much straight invulnerability. Regardless of that, though, we still saw that Thanos was more powerful than him, landed harder blows, etc. Even amped by the Power Gem as Thor was. There's no PIS there.

Which just proves my point about the Worf Effect. Champion (who btw was far less hyped than Thor) was overwhelmingly too powerful for Thanos to even risk fighting him without his shields. And Champion didn't trully know what he had with the PG. It's the same issue you have with people debating Odin/Thanos. Everyone talks about Odin the galaxy buster and how he used Gugnir etc it's all just bs. I don't think galaxy busting is anywhere close to his average, and while Odin is more powerful its not some super duper durability feat, heroes go through this type of scenarios all the time, but it seems to get hyped for Thanos.

Thanos got protected by the writer both times. I can accept he has great durability but I'm not even going to call it planet busting durability, its all ambiguous. I honestly think that without PIS these 3 guys can beat him down with his fists, which is not a knock on his durability it's just that without this glass half-empty feats I don't see him lasting through a sustained fight with guys who are in the same ball park in terms of superstrength

Uh-huh...three times as many fists mean very little when Thanos' durability is so much ridiculously higher than theirs, and Thanos' own fists while amping hit with the force of Mjolnir.

I don't think his durability is ridiculously higher. What makes you think that? The Odin fight? The Thor fight is inconclusive. This is the same guy who dared not take PG Champion's planet shaking and planet busting attacks flush.

The fight you're talking about (and I am), was written by Mark Gruenwald...who apparently was actually pissed with Starlin at the time of the crossover. So there's no reason for Gruenwald portraying Starlin's character as being uber unless he really felt that way.

So it was a Quarsar tie in Starlin's IW crossover? Not much different tbh, it was still essentially Starlin's Thanos who had the envious ability of making everyone around him dull witted.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quasar is thinking it, they're surrounding Thanos, and Masterson Thor is behind Thanos with Mjolnir winding up.

When the fight is called, Thanos is still standing, with only Drax and Warlock with him. Did Thanos magically avoid not fighting the four heroes who were surrounding him?

Quasar said it seemed those four wanted first crack at Thanos.

So we assume Thanos fought all four at the same time, when we specifically see them do the opposite?

Masterson even expresses doubt about attacking the Infinity Watch and Thanos when the 3 jump into action, as Captain America specifically told them only to surround Thanos and the others, and not to engage them. Which makes absolute sense, as we even see those three attack the dome that Quasar put up as they were eager to fight while Masterson simply floated there. I don't think I saw him engage in any fighting even once in that issue.

Enyalus
Which just proves my point about the Worf Effect. Champion (who btw was far less hyped than Thor) was overwhelmingly too powerful for Thanos to even risk fighting him without his shields. And Champion didn't trully know what he had with the PG.
Aw, dude, come on. How is anyone supposed to seriously debate when someone else pulls the PIS card out. Thanos did fight Champion without his shielding. Initially. Was outfighting him and again put Champion on his ass more than Champion did to Thanos (0 times). It was part of Thanos' strategy to get the gem from Champion. To frustrate him with his shielding until he blew the planet up. Again, you can't tell me it was too risky to fight Champion without shields when that is in fact what Thanos did. Only when it served his strategic purpose did Thanos rely on his shields. Why? You can't just TAKE the gem off of someone. It only behaved that way for Drax, and only because he swallowed it. And someone with true invulnerability isn't going to be KO'd. He needed to bargain for it. He tricked Champion into blowing up the planet. His shields were needed in order for the trick to work. That's all. It was a good plot by Thanos. It had nothing to do with Thanos' durability or 'weakness'.

Thanos got protected by the writer both times. I can accept he has great durability but I'm not even going to call it planet busting durability, its all ambiguous.
Which isn't really amusing, it's sad. Because in Thanos' very first appearance he survives a planet blowing up, being at ground zero. Without a scratch.

I don't think his durability is ridiculously higher. What makes you think that. The Odin fight?
The Odin fight and tanking Odin's blast that one-shot SS without flinching. The Tyrant fight. The fight against the Avengers where he took Thor's Mjolnir blow without flinching. Battling and surviving Walker, a death god backed by the souls of an entire galaxy. Tanking SS's blasts without flinching. Tanking Classic Drax's blasts without flinching. Tanking Afro Magus' blast without flinching (and he was amped by the power of a thousand worlds). His entire career. Its his basic durability. I'm not going by just one or two feats. I'm going by his norm.

In fact, in that IW fight, Strong Guy comments on Thanos' amazing durability when he's one of the only ones left standing.

So it was a Quarsar tie in the Starlin's IW crossover? Not much different tbh, it was still essentially Starlin's Thanos who had the envious ability of making everyone around him dull witted.
It was written by Gruenwald, who loves Quasar. In a Quasar book. Gruenwald who had an issue with Starlin at the time because Starlin's event got the main billing over Gruenwald's event for that summer. There's no PIS here. You're reaching way too hard in order to not give Thanos his due.

EDIT: Not that summer. That was Infinity Gauntlet. Not a big deal.

Enyalus

Allankles

Aw, dude, come on. How is anyone supposed to seriously debate when someone else pulls the PIS card out. Thanos did fight Champion without his shielding. Initially. Was outfighting him and again put Champion on his ass more than Champion did to Thanos (0 times). It was part of Thanos' strategy to get the gem from Champion. To frustrate him with his shielding until he blew the planet up. Again, you can't tell me it was too risky to fight Champion without shields when that is in fact what Thanos did. Only when it served his strategic purpose did Thanos rely on his shields. Why? You can't just TAKE the gem off of someone. It only behaved that way for Drax, and only because he swallowed it. And someone with true invulnerability isn't going to be KO'd. He needed to bargain for it. He tricked Champion into blowing up the planet. His shields were needed in order for the trick to work. That's all. It was a good plot by Thanos. It had nothing to do with Thanos' durability or 'weakness'.

You're talking like I didn't read the fight. Champion was charging at Thanos from one end of the battlefiled to the next, all Thanos had to do was sidestep and avoid his blows. In fact Thanos never once took a hit, and it was clearly suggested that Thanos would have been overwhelmed in any kind of slugfest. I'm not saying Thanos was especially vulnerable simply that he wasn't going to win a slugfest with Champion.

Let's not forget that Champion was in fact portrayed as a dumb brute.

Which isn't really amusing, it's sad. Because in Thanos' very first appearance he survives a planet blowing up, being at ground zero. Without a scratch.

Dude I was talking about PG Thor's attacks, maybe I should have been clearer. I wouldn't even begin to call his attacks planet busting, there's a whole lot of ambiguity surrounding them. Maybe I should have been clear, I sometimes get lazy.

The Odin fight and tanking Odin's blast that one-shot SS without flinching. The Tyrant fight. The fight against the Avengers where he took Thor's Mjolnir blow without flinching. Battling and surviving Walker, a death god backed by the souls of an entire galaxy. Tanking SS's blasts without flinching. Tanking Classic Drax's blasts without flinching. Tanking Afro Magus' blast without flinching (and he was amped by the power of a thousand worlds). His entire career. Its his basic durability. I'm not going by just one or two feats. I'm going by his norm.

I don't consider the Tyrant fight a durability showing I think it was more a display of how Thanos is more powerful than the heroes who Tyrant beat. Do you have the Walker scans?

Afro Magus was inconclusive he took two blows from Magus, again that's kind of ambiguous. I could see a lot of top tiers taking those shots.

In fact, in that IW fight, Strong Guy comments on Thanos' amazing durability when he's one of the only ones left standing.

I personally believe he's more durable than most top tiers overall, but I just don't think it's as big a difference as you. There are some top tiers who can replicate his durability feats imo.

It was written by Gruenwald, who loves Quasar. In a Quasar book. Gruenwald who had an issue with Starlin at the time because Starlin's event got the main billing over Gruenwald's event for that summer. There's no PIS here. You're reaching way too hard in order to not give Thanos his due.

I think most of those types of group fights have an element of PIS with a few exceptions. That fight was very controlled so I don't see how it represents how a no-holds barred forum fight would transpire. I think that is reasonable.

Enyalus
You're talking like I didn't read the fight. Champion was charging at Thanos from one end of the battlefiled to the next, all Thanos had to do was sidestep and avoid his blows. In fact Thanos never once took a hit, and it was clearly suggested that Thanos would have been overwhelmed in any kind of slugfest. I'm not saying Thanos was especially vulnerable simply that he wasn't going to win a slugfest with Champion.
If you read the fight then you shouldn't have talked about Thanos not wanting to risk going into battle without his shields, since that is what he did. And no, it wasn't clearly suggested that Thanos would be overwhelmed in a slugfest. If you're pointing to his Hulk comment, not a big deal. Any intelligent being would logically conclude that not getting punched in the face by Hulk > getting punched in the face by Hulk.

But you're right, Thanos wasn't going to win a slugfest with Champion. No one is going to beat any Power Gem user in a slugfest. Why is that such a problem?

Dude I was talking about PG Thor's attacks, maybe I should have been clearer. I wouldn't even begin to call his attacks planet busting, there's a whole lot of ambiguity surrounding them. Maybe I should have been clear, I sometimes get lazy.
That's strange, because you seemed to be questioning whether Thanos' typical durability was up to planet-destroying level. And it is.

I don't consider the Tyrant fight a durability showing I think it was more a display of how Thanos is more powerful than the heroes who Tyrant beat.
He took attacks that one-shot other high heralds. Clearly showing that his durability is above high herald level.

Do you have the Walker scans?
Will it even make a difference if I dig them out?

Afro Magus was inconclusive he took two blows from Magus, again that's kind of ambiguous.
Woah, are you talking about the Magus with the IG when Thanos takes two blows? Because I wasn't.

I think most of those types of group fights have an element of PIS with a few exceptions. That fight was very controlled so I don't see how it represents how a no-holds barred forum fight would transpire. I think that is reasonable.
I don't even know how I'm supposed to go about addressing this, other than to say that repeatedly Thanos has shown to have durability far above a typical high herald. Ergo, a high-herald and two mids aren't going to do enough damage with their fists to put Thanos down...

Nihilist
Thanos took a gas gaint exploding to the face with no shields, with no effect at all.

Allankles

But you're right, Thanos wasn't going to win a slugfest with Champion. No one is going to beat any Power Gem user in a slugfest. Why is that such a problem?

Not a problem, it just explains why I'm not impressed with the PG Thor fight. You want to have your cake and eat it, those kind of feats are rarely ever win-win. It makes Thor's PG status look less impressive, and puts the IWatch as victims of the Worf Effect, either that or there is some element of PIS, especially when Thanos' input is required later in the plot.

That's strange, because you seemed to be questioning whether Thanos' typical durability was up to planet-destroying level. And it is.

I was talking about durability in relation to Thor's blows, I should have made it clearer. Even without specific feats I'd assume that he could take being caught in a planet explosion.

He took attacks that one-shot other high heralds. Clearly showing that his durability is above high herald level.

I agree in part but I also think his defensive powers might have played their part. Thanos is a safety first type of guy imo.

Will it even make a difference if I dig them out?

If it is as impressive as you're claiming then yeah. A feat that a top tier couldn't possibly replicate? Definitely.

Woah, are you talking about the Magus with the IG when Thanos takes two blows? Because I wasn't.

Ok, so different fight, can't comment on it then.

I don't even know how I'm supposed to go about addressing this, other than to say that repeatedly Thanos has shown to have durability far above a typical high herald. Ergo, a high-herald and two mids aren't going to do enough damage with their fists to put Thanos down...

I just don't consider those group fights valid, when the plot is clearly downplaying their strengths. Most writers will pretty much turn the group into glorified hand ninjas, very rarely do you get a convincing one man army type feat against strong opposition.

It's always about one shotting heroes and such.

Rage.Of.Olympus

K Von Doom
The moment the fight starts in Infinity War, Thanos's chair KO's a lot of the heroes and continues firing during the whole fight. Gamora, Moondragon & Pip take out their share of the heroes. The big guys were left to Drax and Thanos. I don't think it's accurate to say most of the heroes were left for Thanos.

Naija boy
Thanos wins a solid majority. being allowed to amp his punches means he can put then down really quickly with his blows and they are not taking him out anytime soon with theirs thanks to his far far higher durability.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Rage.... You agree that Hulk is a powerhouse right? He has strength feats that rival Thors right? What do you think the writer and artist were trying to convey when Thanos smashes The Hulk and Thing together and comments... You call yourselves strong.. I'm strength personified? Do you think that is trying to show he's "a little" stronger than Thor, Hulk etc etc? Nah. His whole career has shown he is far above a little stronger than Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Rage.... You agree that Hulk is a powerhouse right? He has strength feats that rival Thors right? What do you think the writer and artist were trying to convey when Thanos smashes The Hulk and Thing together and comments... You call yourselves strong.. I'm strength personified? Do you think that is trying to show he's "a little" stronger than Thor, Hulk etc etc? Nah. His whole career has shown he is far above a little stronger than Thor.

He smashed Merged Hulk and Things head together. Big whoop. Thor's done stuff way beyond that.

Besides, the Merged Hulk was barely holding his own in a mock fight against Thor. And the Things, well the Thing. A severely depowered Thor has gone toe to toe with him.

If he wanted to show Thor was far below Thanos, then why did their encounters go the way they did? If he wanted to show what you said, he wouldn't have Masterson pair off and go toe to toe with Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He smashed Merged Hulk and Things head together. Big whoop. Thor's done stuff way beyond that.

Besides, the Merged Hulk was barely holding his own in a mock fight against Thor. And the Things, well the Thing. A severely depowered Thor has gone toe to toe with him.

If he wanted to show Thor was far below Thanos, then why did their encounters go the way they did? If he wanted to show what you said, he wouldn't have Masterson pair off and go toe to toe with Thanos.

Feats are different with Villians as compared to heroes friends. Thanos won't have the.. I need to save the world by lifting the Midgard Serpent feats.. What he will have are showing and narration like what I pointed out. Having one known powerhouse that engages Thor on pretty equal ground many a time and Thing.. who is The Thing but no weakling... He overpowered them both EASILY and the narration makes it even more clear... I'm strength personified... he was mocking their strength. If he's mocking Hulk's strength and yet you still don't think that applies comparatively to Thor.. then you believe Thor is that much stronger than Hulk? Nah. As far as them squaring off.. Thanos has two shotted Thor and easily. The was his weakest incarnation. Thor has NEVER even put Thanos is any kinda of danger nor come close to matching or beating Thanos. He does okay.. because he's a hero like Supes and can't just get wrecked all the time. However, unlike the jobbers at DC who always lose to supes... Thor never beats Thanos.. why do you think that is? Marvel wants to make it clear... Thor isn't in his ballpark.. hero or not. Period. There is no getting around this fact. Shoot even when Thor wasn't holding back and had the PG.. Thanos was getting the better of that fight. That speaks volumes how much stronger he is compared to Thor.

quanchi112

If he wanted to show Thor was far below Thanos, then why did their encounters go the way they did? If he wanted to show what you said, he wouldn't have Masterson pair off and go toe to toe with Thanos. If we put Masterson Thor and Hulk against Thanos without bfr who wins?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos would win. What does the Thing add?

Feats are different with Villians as compared to heroes friends. Thanos won't have the.. I need to save the world by lifting the Midgard Serpent feats.. What he will have are showing and narration like what I pointed out. Having one known powerhouse that engages Thor on pretty equal ground many a time and Thing.. who is The Thing but no weakling... He overpowered them both EASILY and the narration makes it even more clear... I'm strength personified... he was mocking their strength. If he's mocking Hulk's strength and yet you still don't think that applies comparatively to Thor.. then you believe Thor is that much stronger than Hulk? Nah. As far as them squaring off.. Thanos has two shotted Thor and easily. The was his weakest incarnation. Thor has NEVER even put Thanos is any kinda of danger nor come close to matching or beating Thanos. He does okay.. because he's a hero like Supes and can't just get wrecked all the time. However, unlike the jobbers at DC who always lose to supes... Thor never beats Thanos.. why do you think that is? Marvel wants to make it clear... Thor isn't in his ballpark.. hero or not. Period. There is no getting around this fact. Shoot even when Thor wasn't holding back and had the PG.. Thanos was getting the better of that fight. That speaks volumes how much stronger he is compared to Thor.

Thor also has showings against other beings and comments about his strength. His showings against high powered beings are right up there with Thanos. Heck Thor has an instance where he tanks all of Odin's attacks when he was enraged unharmed, so even one of Thanos' best durability feats isn't above something Thor has accomplished.

He knocked the heads of Merged Hulk and the Thing together. There is nothing special about that or something beyond Thor can do. Thor physically owning Drax with the Power Gem and Maxam is much more impressive than that instance to me.

Yes, Thor pretty superior to Merged Hulk if he wanted to be.

Easily? Thor first put him on his ass. Thing hit him too, but he wouldn't have added anything. And he never two shotted him (He even comments on Thor needing a few more blasts. Few being the key word.). Heck Thor wasn't even out of it. Next time we see them, Thor's on his knee getting up.

Do I really have to post scans? I thought you read Thanos? Masterson was matching him in Infinity War. He also hurt him in Infinity Gauntlet. Thor also stalemated pre-resurrection Thanos for a brief moment. From what I've seen, in every encounter, Thor has been shown to be pretty close to Thanos physically.

You haven't been reading their encounters then. They've been portrayed to be in the same league physically pretty clearly.

How was Thanos getting the better of that fight? Do I have to post it?

He isn't much stronger than Thor. Around 25% to 50% stronger.

Anyways I have to go. I'll get back to this later.

h1a8
You think the team has more power in their fists than Odin has in energy projection?

Energy projection has nothing to do with physical strikes. Thanos is a soft pillow man in the land of uber strength guys. He has a track record to prove it. Thanos can absorb and store many types of energy is why he is very resistant against energy blasts. IMO Herc alone beats him.

Also the Odin Thanos fight was PIS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Energy projection has nothing to do with physical strikes. Thanos is a soft pillow man in the land of uber strength guys. He has a track record to prove it. Thanos can absorb and store many types of energy is why he is very resistant against energy blasts. IMO Herc alone beats him.

Also the Odin Thanos fight was PIS. This is why people laugh at your posts. Seriously go try arguing Herc against Thanos on any board and let me know which board doesn't destroy you so I can distance myself from this board.

Kid Kurdy
He isn't much stronger than Thor. Around 25% to 50% stronger.

Anyways I have to go. I'll get back to this later.
When talking about physical strength, I don't understand why everybody thinks Thanos is, without any doubts, definitely stronger than Thor, Hulk and so on.

I've never seen him do a thing that made me think: wow, Hulk could never do such a thing.

Hulk has the strength feats, not Thanos. Thanos is more powerful, but stronger ? Forget it.

Nihilist
When talking about physical strength, I don't understand why everybody thinks Thanos is, without any doubts, definitely stronger than Thor, Hulk and so on.

I've never seen him do a thing that made me think: wow, Hulk could never do such a thing.

Hulk has the strength feats, not Thanos. Thanos is more powerful, but stronger ? Forget it. You ever see Hulk or Thor punch Surfer to death.

quanchi112

Hulk has the strength feats, not Thanos. Thanos is more powerful, but stronger ? Forget it. Originally posted by Nihilist
You ever see Hulk or Thor punch Surfer to death. Exactly.

KuRuPT Thanosi

quanchi112

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Nihilist
You ever see Hulk or Thor punch Surfer to death.
Which Hulk ?

But if Surfer fights Hulk like he fights Thanos - like a moron - sure, why not ?

Don't forget Hulk can become a lot stronger while fighting. He took on Iron Man, Wonderman, She-Hulk, Namor and Hercules at the same time, and held his own without any problems.

quanchi112
Which Hulk ?

But if Surfer fights Hulk like he fights Thanos - like a moron - sure, why not ?

Don't forget Hulk can become a lot stronger while fighting. He took on Iron Man, Wonderman, She-Hulk, Namor and Hercules at the same time, and held his own without any problems. When has the Hulk effortlessly beat down the Surfer?

Surfer fought him depowered and hand to hand and still did considerably well until he didn't fight back.

Kid Kurdy

quanchi112
Hyperbole.

How many times has Hulk been called the strongest being ever ? Half the Marvel Universe has said this time and again. So Hulk is stronger than Galactus?

Mshinu
How many times has Hulk been called the strongest being ever ? Half the Marvel Universe has said this time and again.

Must be the stupid half...

Kid Kurdy
So Hulk is stronger than Galactus?
Ah you're playing with words laughing

You know exactly what I mean.

the ninjak
Hulk is potentially the strongest but his increase in strength takes time!
Beings like Galactus know better than to allow such a creature to gain any such an advantage and take him out accordingly.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by the ninjak
Hulk is potentially the strongest but his increase in strength takes time!

Of course.

Thanos is stronger than a calm, "normal" Hulk, no question about it.

But Hulk can and will become stronger after some time. I mean, that is his main super power after all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hyperbole.

How many times has Hulk been called the strongest being ever ? Half the Marvel Universe has said this time and again.

you're joking right? Do you know what hyperbole means? It's not hyperbole because he said it and then overpowered him and thing like weak feebs. That isn't just words that is action

Batman-Prime
you're joking right? Do you know what hyperbole means? It's not hyperbole because he said it and then overpowered him and thing like weak feebs. That isn't just words that is action

Professor Hulk, one should never leave out the fact that it wasn't savage Hulk.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Professor Hulk, one should never leave out the fact that it wasn't savage Hulk.

merged hulk and regardless.. professor hulk has impresses strength feats of his own. Also... that is besides the point he claimed hyperbole and it clearly isn't was my point.

youtuber
team wins

Nihilist
Which Hulk ?

Don't forget Hulk can become a lot stronger while fighting. He took on Iron Man, Wonderman, She-Hulk, Namor and Hercules at the same time, and held his own without any problems. Any Hulk... hell savage Hulk punched Surfer and Surfer felt sorry for him.

A weaker pre resurection Thanos took on Thor,Thing,classic Vison, beast,Scarlett Witch and Iron Man( and sent them all flyng at once with punch.

Nihilist
Professor Hulk, one should never leave out the fact that it wasn't savage Hulk. The same Savage Hulk that looked weak in comparsion when he faced Surfer.

youtuber
Any Hulk... hell savage Hulk punched Surfer and Surfer felt sorry for him.

A weaker pre resurection Thanos took on Thor,Thing,classic Vison, beast,Scarlett Witch and Iron Man( and sent them all flyng at once with punch.

you know the rules is comics when ever a single character fights a team they will all fight like morons and he will own them its the hand ninja complex the same way spider-man was beating up the entire x-men team

Nihilist
Originally posted by youtuber
you know the rules is comics when ever a single character fights a team they will all fight like morons and he will own them its the hand ninja complex the same way spider-man was beating up the entire x-men team They didnt get chance to fight, Thanos smashed them before they could do anything.

Batman-Prime
The same Savage Hulk that looked weak in comparsion when he faced Surfer.

So now Surfer feats are Thanos feats? Or are we using baseless ABC logic again?

youtuber
They didnt get chance to fight, Thanos smashed them before they could do anything.

now tell me something... do you find it logical for him to stomp that team in such a way?

Nihilist
So now Surfer feats are Thanos feats? Or are we using baseless ABC logic again? Like you are doing with Savage Hulk over Proff Hulk as a comparison.

Nihilist
now tell me something... do you find it logical for him to stomp that team in such a way? Yeah, seeing as he is allround more powerfull and durable.

Batman-Prime
Like you are doing with Savage Hulk over Proff Hulk as a comparison.

On the contrary. The Thanos front leaves out the fact that it wasn't savage Hulk. You just hear, Hulk and Thing so people might indeed think Thanos took on savage Hulk and Think at the same time, while it was indeed a weaker incarnation of Hulk.

Nihilist
On the contrary. The Thanos front leaves out the fact that it wasn't savage Hulk. You just hear, Hulk and Thing so people might indeed think Thanos took on savage Hulk and Think at the same time, while it was indeed a weaker incarnation of Hulk. Seeing as Savage Hulk and Thanos have never battled, its logical to compare how the did against the same opponents, ie Surfer and Thor for instance.

Batman-Prime
Seeing as Savage Hulk and Thanos have never battled, its logical to compare how the did against the same opponents, ie Surfer and Thor for instance.

No, not nearly. Thanos doesn't have the speed or manuverability of Surfer for example. Thanos would be hard pressed to depower the Hulk the way Surfer did. Thor might be a better comparison, though Hulk does pretyt well against Thor. Going by your logic, ABC, Thor wins most often against Surfer, while having more troubles with Savage Hulk, Savage Hulk however has troubles with Surfer while doing well against Thor. This ABC logic wouldn't make any sense, hence why it is mostly ignored.

Nihilist
No, not nearly. Thanos doesn't have the speed or manuverability of Surfer for example. Thanos would be hard pressed to depower the Hulk the way Surfer did. Thor might be a better comparison, though Hulk does pretyt well against Thor. Going by your logic, ABC, Thor wins most often against Surfer, while having more troubles with Savage Hulk, Savage Hulk however has troubles with Surfer while doing well against Thor. This ABC logic wouldn't make any sense, hence why it is mostly ignored. Surfer took Savage Hulks punches like they was nothing, unlike he did Thanos punches.

You would have a good point if Thanos didnt look superior to both Surfer and Thor.

Batman-Prime
Surfer took Savage Hulks punches like they was nothing, unlike he did Thanos punches.

You would have a good point if Thanos didnt look superior to both Surfer and Thor.

Surfer took Thors punches like they would hurt erm. Hulk took Thors punches and punched Thor and it looked really good. So ABC logic fails. And Thor had some nice shots on Thanos with the Ig, even though it was masterson.

Nihilist
Surfer took Thors punches like they would hurt erm. Hulk took Thors punches and punched Thor and it looked really good. So ABC logic fails. And Thor had some nice shots on Thanos with the Ig, even though it was masterson. And Thanos put Surfer down with ease, and a pre re Thanos two shotted Thor.

Oh the ig stuff, when Thanos was fighting loads of other peolpe at the same time, and Thor only knocked him over doing no damage just like when he and Thing double teamed him.

darthgoober
Surfer took Thors punches like they would hurt erm. Hulk took Thors punches and punched Thor and it looked really good. So ABC logic fails. And Thor had some nice shots on Thanos with the Ig, even though it was masterson.
You do realize that the only time there's a problem with ABC logic is when there's a logical fallacy involved, right?

quanchi112
Ah you're playing with words laughing

You know exactly what I mean. You stated he is the strongest there is but as strong as we have seen him isn't the strongest being in the entire universe making your theory crap considering Thanos easily overpowered him.

Of course.

Thanos is stronger than a calm, "normal" Hulk, no question about it.

But Hulk can and will become stronger after some time. I mean, that is his main super power after all. When has he eclipsed Thanos in strength?

Professor Hulk, one should never leave out the fact that it wasn't savage Hulk. What has savage hulk done to warrant the outcome being different iyo?

now tell me something... do you find it logical for him to stomp that team in such a way? Considering the fact he's well above them I find it intellectually dishonest to assume any other outcome.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
No, not nearly. Thanos doesn't have the speed or manuverability of Surfer for example. Thanos would be hard pressed to depower the Hulk the way Surfer did. Thor might be a better comparison, though Hulk does pretyt well against Thor. Going by your logic, ABC, Thor wins most often against Surfer, while having more troubles with Savage Hulk, Savage Hulk however has troubles with Surfer while doing well against Thor. This ABC logic wouldn't make any sense, hence why it is mostly ignored. Thanos does eclipse the Surfer in strength and power.

h1a8
This is why people laugh at your posts. Seriously go try arguing Herc against Thanos on any board and let me know which board doesn't destroy you so I can distance myself from this board.
I'm not a follower. I don't care if the entire worlds says something. If It goes against logic then I'm not accepting it.

Herc will beat Thanos in h2h, no questions asked.

h1a8
You ever see Hulk or Thor punch Surfer to death.

That had nothing to do with pure strength. It was both energy and physical. Like Thor hitting with the hammer and the hammer hitting with lightning at the same time.

Also Hulk has feats that say he can do what Thanos did yet faster (without the added energy to his fists).

psycho gundam
Surfer took Thors punches like they would hurt erm. Hulk took Thors punches and punched Thor and it looked really good. So ABC logic fails. And Thor had some nice shots on Thanos with the Ig, even though it was masterson. thanos has beaten all of the guys you've mentioned, one of whom was the real thor and thanos was in his anorexic days.

don't even mention the surfer, there should be a section in the ownage thread devoted to his confrontations with thanos (especially the time thanos made surfer his personal scribe to jot down all his godly exploits, he made dude wear a choke chain like a dog)

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos has beaten all of the guys you've mentioned, one of whom was the real thor and thanos was in his anorexic days.

don't even mention the surfer, there should be a section in the ownage thread devoted to his confrontations with thanos (especially the time thanos made surfer his personal scribe to jot down all his godly exploits, he made dude wear a choke chain like a dog)

So this makes then all Surfer and Thor feats, legit Thanos's feats? erm

h1a8
thanos has beaten all of the guys you've mentioned, one of whom was the real thor and thanos was in his anorexic days.

The fact remains that comics are inconsistent and one thing can't be necessarily used as the truth when another instance counters it. This is regarding fight feats only.

Nihilist
That had nothing to do with pure strength. It was both energy and physical. Like Thor hitting with the hammer and the hammer hitting with lightning at the same time.Energy doesnt amp his strength, he was knockinh Power grm Thor around with energy charged punches

But he hasnt, you fail.

Naija boy
Originally posted by darthgoober
You do realize that the only time there's a problem with ABC logic is when there's a logical fallacy involved, right?

thumb upThats the problem with some people here, the basic tenets of logic are completely alien to them. Thats why u see them foolishly throwing around the phrase "ABC logic" and what not in situations it doesnt apply.
faceplam

psycho gundam
The fact remains that comics are inconsistent and one thing can't be necessarily used as the truth when another instance counters it. This is regarding fight feats only. for one, you can't just make a general statement like that and think that matters to this particular fight, and two, thanos stomping those guys IS consistent.

nice try

So this makes then all Surfer and Thor feats, legit Thanos's feats? erm lol wut?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Naija boy
thumb upThats the problem with some people here, the basic tenets of logic are completely alien to them. Thats why u see them foolishly throwing around the phrase "ABC logic" and what not in situations it doesnt apply.
faceplam

facepalm

psycho gundam
the hulk that thanos was going to do the "moe howard routine) on was the same one that fought power gem drax basically to a draw without being angry (he was only angry at the end of the fight but moondragon interfered).

thanos mocked him

Batman-Prime
the hulk that thanos was going to do the "moe howard routine) on was the same one that fought power gem drax basically to a draw without being angry (he was only angry at the end of the fight but moondragon interfered).

thanos mocked him

Drax with the PG lost to Thor, so this is a moot point. Drax is a jobber and this Hulk =/= savage Hulk.

quanchi112
I'm not a follower. I don't care if the entire worlds says something. If It goes against logic then I'm not accepting it.

Herc will beat Thanos in h2h, no questions asked. If the entire world is against you while you ignore the comics then you are delusional and nothing more.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Drax with the PG lost to Thor, so this is a moot point. Drax is a jobber and this Hulk =/= savage Hulk. Because the power gem was knocked loose and we also saw Thor unable to beat Drax due to him being unable to take the power gem from him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did H1a8 say that Herc beats Thanos h2h everytime? roll eyes (sarcastic) thumb down
I'm honestly thinking there should be a ban for stupidity

KuRuPT Thanosi
Drax with the PG lost to Thor, so this is a moot point. Drax is a jobber and this Hulk =/= savage Hulk.

So you're claiming that Prof Hulk is a weakling? Did prof hulk not lift a billion ton mountain range? Thanos was Mocking Hulk and Thing strength combined What is so difficult to comprehend about this? Hulk, Thor, Surfer, Thing, Herc they aren't in his ballpark. Period

quanchi112
Did H1a8 say that Herc beats Thanos h2h everytime? roll eyes (sarcastic) thumb down
I'm honestly thinking there should be a ban for stupidity It's clear what happens in the comics doesn't matter to h1. I think he does this for attention because he really never gives good explanations as to why he thinks a certain way.

Kid Kurdy
You stated he is the strongest there is
No I didn't. Hulk has the potential to become the strongest, not including cosmics beings and such of course.

Not only Savage Hulk, but also Mindless Hulk, Maestro and such have a good chance when it comes down to a slughfest. If you think Thanos will have it easy against them, hah !

Besides, getting stronger and stronger is one of Hulks' main super powers. What's there so difficult to understand ? You talk like Hulk can never surpass Thanos' strength, which is a stupid thing to say.

Do you think that, if some real strength is needed, somebody is gonna call Thanos, even if he would agree to help ? Nope, everybody will be thinking "Where is Hulk !?"

KuRuPT Thanosi
No I didn't. Hulk has the potential to become the strongest, not including cosmics beings and such of course.

Not only Savage Hulk, but also Mindless Hulk, Maestro and such have a good chance when it comes down to a slughfest. If you think Thanos will have it easy against them, hah !

Besides, getting stronger and stronger is one of Hulks' main super powers. What's there so difficult to understand ? You talk like Hulk can never surpass Thanos' strength, which is a stupid thing to say.

Do you think that, if some real strength is needed, somebody is gonna call Thanos, even if he would agree to help ? Nope, everybody will be thinking "Where is Hulk !?" Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So you're claiming that Prof Hulk is a weakling? Did prof hulk not lift a billion ton mountain range? Thanos was Mocking Hulk and Thing strength combined What is so difficult to comprehend about this? Hulk, Thor, Surfer, Thing, Herc they aren't in his ballpark. Period

psycho gundam
Drax with the PG lost to Thor, so this is a moot point. Drax is a jobber and this Hulk =/= savage Hulk. but did he do it with one arm?

thanos did it to a very similar being

h1a8
Energy doesnt amp his strength, he was knockinh Power grm Thor around with energy charged punches

But he hasnt, you fail.

Who said it does. It is more like hitting someone with no only your fist but with a knife too. Prove that PG Thor was at least twice as strong as his normal self.

h1a8
I'm honestly thinking there should be a ban for stupidity

Prove that Thanos is stronger than Herc and prove that he has better fighting ability.

Nihilist
Who said it does. It is more like hitting someone with no only your fist but with a knife too. Prove that PG Thor was at least twice as strong as his normal self. The fact he managed to injure Thanos when using the power gem, and he couldnt injure a pre resurrection Thanos along with the Thing helping him attack Thanos.

quanchi112

Do you think that, if some real strength is needed, somebody is gonna call Thanos, even if he would agree to help ? Nope, everybody will be thinking "Where is Hulk !?" So if he hasn't done it in over 30 years all you have is speculation. He is the strongest top tier out there and can get stronger but to suggest he is stronger than Thanos is hearsay.

Maestro had his neck broken against hulk 2099. To suggest any hulk has a chance against Thanos when we have seen Thanos crush the Surfer and take on power gem Thor who would stomp a mudhole in hulk it goes against logical thinking.

I never said he can't I have said he hasn't imo.

That's Hulk's gimmick and oh Thanos isn't known for his strength he is known for his mind and isn't a hero per say.

h1a8
The fact he managed to injure Thanos when using the power gem, and he couldnt injure a pre resurrection Thanos along with the Thing helping him attack Thanos.

What are u talking about? Thor did hurt Thanos. Hell even Masterson stunned Thanos with the IG.

You would be a serious fool to believe Thor can't hurt Thanos with a hammer strike.

psycho gundam
he was putting on a show for death, and thanos is good at persuasion.

look at it this way; masterson is a weaker thor, thanos while skinny beat the real thor while the latter had help, and after losing the ig, thanos took a shot from thor in the brain stem and was still fine.

not to mention the power gem + "warrior madness" thor being kept at bay

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos gets to amp himself while the other three are left with only there fists? LMAO. Thanos stomps them. The guy is at least one tier above all of them in terms of strength and two in durability.

Nihilist
What are u talking about? Thor did hurt Thanos. Hell even Masterson stunned Thanos with the IG.

You would be a serious fool to believe Thor can't hurt Thanos with a hammer strike. Shows what you nothing, im talking about in the early Avengers 2 in 1 annual# when he was far weaker than he was before he was resurrected by Mistress Death.

Masterson Thor laughing out loud, when Thanos was fighting multiple people and putting on a show for death by giving them a chance.
This just shows how flawed your logic is..Masterson Thor can do well against Thanos with the IG which ok to use as proof, yet Thanos doing well against Thor w/power gem is PIS, as normal you just fail.

quanchi112

You would be a serious fool to believe Thor can't hurt Thanos with a hammer strike. No, he didn't. If you had knowledge regarding the gems you'd realize with the power gem alone Thor couldn't defeat Thanos by physically assaulting him.

We also have seen Thanos take power gem Thor strikes and simply smile. Thor needs an amp to be a threat to Thanos and even with one as awesome as the power gem he was easily taken care of.

h1a8
he was putting on a show for death, and thanos is good at persuasion.

look at it this way; masterson is a weaker thor, thanos while skinny beat the real thor while the latter had help, and after losing the ig, thanos took a shot from thor in the brain stem and was still fine.

not to mention the power gem + "warrior madness" thor being kept at bay

I seriously doubt that Masterson is weaker than Thor. Yes as thunderstrike he may be, but not as Thor. The enchantment says that one will have the power of Thor, not part of it. I think there was a feat that proved that they are equals in strength. The feat where they clashed hammers is the one.

He didn't beat Thor in h2h though. This fight is h2h. I think Herc alone can defeat or go to the wire with Thanos in h2h. Adding in Thor is overkill.

Anyway it is impossible to beat two people in h2h, even if you are stronger, when they have equal or betting fighting skills than you.

quanchi112
I seriously doubt that Masterson is weaker than Thor. Yes as thunderstrike he may be, but not as Thor. The enchantment says that one will have the power of Thor, not part of it. I think there was a feat that proved that they are equals in strength. The feat where they clashed hammers is the one.

He didn't beat Thor in h2h though. This fight is h2h. I think Herc alone can defeat or go to the wire with Thanos in h2h. Adding in Thor is overkill.

Anyway it is impossible to beat two people in h2h, even if you are stronger, when they have equal or betting fighting skills than you. What are you basing Herc standing toe to toe with Thanos off of?

h1a8
What are you basing Herc standing toe to toe with Thanos off of?

That fact that he is stronger and have better h2h fighting skills.

Mshinu
Anyway it is impossible to beat two people in h2h, even if you are stronger, when they have equal or betting fighting skills than you.

So Captain America and Elektra could take out Superman then?

h1a8
So Captain America and Elektra could take out Superman then?

Hell yeah they would. What were you thinking?

Seriously, I figured someone would ring me up on that statement. I was too lazy to add "assuming parties can hurt the other".

Mshinu
Hell yeah they would. What were you thinking?

Seriously, I figured someone would ring me up on that statement. I was too lazy to add "assuming parties can hurt the other".

It is questionable wether a high herald can really hurt Thanos in h2h IMO. Knock him about a bit sure, but they are still like little children to him. His damage soak is insane.

h1a8
It is questionable wether a high herald can really hurt Thanos in h2h IMO. Knock him about a bit sure, but they are still like little children to him. His damage soak is insane.

Thanos has to prove his physical durability damage soak for him to have it here. Speculation is not going to give it to him. For being insanely durable against energy projection has nothing to do with being insanely durable against physical strikes. Even though Thanos was sparring with Gamora he at least showed that Thor or Herc can definitely hurt him with some good blows.

quanchi112
That fact that he is stronger and have better h2h fighting skills. Prove he is stronger since you made the claim. Also durability is strongly in Thanos' favor. I can't wait to hear this one.

Thanos has to prove his physical durability damage soak for him to have it here. Speculation is not going to give it to him. For being insanely durable against energy projection has nothing to do with being insanely durable against physical strikes. Even though Thanos was sparring with Gamora he at least showed that Thor or Herc can definitely hurt him with some good blows. Thanos was only feigning injury against Gamora so please back this up with additional proof please.

Nihilist
Shows what you nothing, im talking about in the early Avengers 2 in 1 annual# when he was far weaker than he was before he was resurrected by Mistress Death.

Masterson Thor laughing out loud, when Thanos was fighting multiple people and putting on a show for death by giving them a chance.
This just shows how flawed your logic is..Masterson Thor can do well against Thanos with the IG which ok to use as proof, yet Thanos doing well against Thor w/power gem is PIS, as normal you just fail. Again for h1a8 who keeps dodging ansewring.

psycho gundam

Anyway it is impossible to beat two people in h2h, even if you are stronger, when they have equal or betting fighting skills than you. just go away

i like how you avoided thanos fighting thor at 10X power and holding the powergem.

h1a8
Prove he is stronger since you made the claim. Also durability is strongly in Thanos' favor. I can't wait to hear this one.

Thanos was only feigning injury against Gamora so please back this up with additional proof please.

Towing a island is a middle feat. Prove Thanos has a pure strength feat greater than that.

Prove Thanos was pretenting to be hurt or not stunned against Gamora.

h1a8
just go away

i like how you avoided thanos fighting thor at 10X power and holding the powergem.

Thanos didn't fight Thor at 10x power nor did the power gem was proven to amp him any significant degree.

Blanket
Towing a island is a middle feat. Prove Thanos has a pure strength feat greater than that.

Prove Thanos was pretenting to be hurt or not stunned against Gamora. Killing... Surfer?

So, you haven't actually seen the whole fight then... is what you're saying?

Thanos didn't fight Thor at 10x power nor did the power gem was proven to amp him any significant degree. Why didn't he fight him at those levels?
Right, the same power gem that allowed him to run through Surfer, Warlock, Strange, and a couple other people at the same time.

Mindset

Prove Thanos was pretenting to be hurt or not stunned against Gamora. Actually, I think he died momentarily.

I read that somewhere.

h1a8
Originally posted by Blanket
Killing... Surfer? Wasn't a pure strength feat.
Because it wasn't proven that is why he didn't fight him at those levels. He ran through SS because of stupidity and not extra strength. Others fought stupidly as well. Nothing Thor did showed extra strength.

Harbinger
^ Then why in the hell did Doc Strange (IIRC) take note of the fact that Thor was indeed growing stronger by the second? Why note that he would be able to challenge Eternity if given enough time if he wasn't growing stronger? Why did Thanos state that his energy gun would only be able to hold Thor for 3 hours if Thor wasn't getting stronger by the second?

Blanket
Wasn't a pure strength feat.
Because it wasn't proven that is why he didn't fight him at those levels. He ran through SS because of stupidity and not extra strength. Others fought stupidly as well. Nothing Thor did showed extra strength. Right. It was a punching feat, more relevant than towing an island with the help of flight.
If we're really going to be retarded here.

K. Although it's hard to ignore that he absolutely ripped everyone in half no challenge when he got the gem (not Thanos). But there's no proof or anything. As long as you don't read the issues and deny, you can't possibly be wrong.
The guy outright overpowered everything anyone could do. Even Adam Warlock's soul gem, and Strange's Eye. He could do that at normal levels though, I guess... Superman really isn't a challenge for Thor. The more you know.

quanchi112

Prove Thanos was pretenting to be hurt or not stunned against Gamora. I don't need to because he overpowers guys who can do that easily such as Hulk.

If you read the comic you'd realize even gamora herself made it clear he was feigning injury.

Nihilist
Shows what you nothing, im talking about in the early Avengers 2 in 1 annual# when he was far weaker than he was before he was resurrected by Mistress Death.

This just shows how flawed your logic is..Masterson Thor can do well against Thanos with the IG which ok to use as proof, yet Thanos doing well against Thor w/power gem is PIS, as normal you just fail. h1a8 stop dodging.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>