Superman vs space (duh)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
ok so this a durabilty test (sort of)

Superman is in space, so no air & no planets around BUT hes close 2 a yellow sun (imagine a universe w/only 1 star & no planets evil face )

can he survive 4ever? (or at least as long as theres a yellow star)

on 1 hand theres no air, but he can keep rechargin energy w/yellow sun so...confused

Parmaniac
Question (for you): Was he in space before? If yes, has he survived?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

Superman is in space, so no air & no planets around BUT hes close 2 a yellow sun (imagine a universe w/only 1 star & no planets evil face )

on 1 hand theres no air, but he can keep rechargin energy w/yellow sun so...confused well he can always sun dipp....just like SuperMan Prime did.... cool

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Question (for you): Was he in space before? If yes, has he survived? um yeah hes been in space but he never been *trapped* in space forever
he can hold his breath long enuf till he gets to a planet or somethin

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by nicamarvin
well he can always sun dipp....just like SuperMan Prime did.... cool so enuf energy from sun can compansate for lack of air?

nicamarvin
so enuf energy from sun can compansate for lack of air? SMP did it..... wink

the ninjak
Superman meditates inside of the Sun for a few hundred years until he becomes some kind of God and creates a Big Bang.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by the ninjak
Superman meditates inside of the Sun for a few hundred years until he becomes some kind of God and creates a Big Bang. ..........Nah....the Only Bang he could ever hope to make is a type 2 Supernova Bang... smokin'

the ninjak
..........Nah....the Only Bang he could ever hope to make is a type 2 Supernova Bang... smokin'

Doesn't he keep evolving as long as he is in a yellow sun?

nicamarvin
Doesn't he keep evolving as long as he is in a yellow sun? but you can't evolve above your powersource....and suns no matter how big can't do a big bang... erm

the ninjak
but you can't evolve above your powersource....and suns no matter how big can't do a big bang... erm

Cool! Guess he just meditates there until the Sun goes into its next phase then he dies! sad

nicamarvin
Cool! Guess he just meditates there until the Sun goes into its next phase then he dies! sad .......... yes

SoulDevourer
SMP did it..... wink wut, use the sun to survive w/o air? when did he do that? huh

nicamarvin
wut, use the sun to survive w/o air? when did he do that? huh .... confused

the ninjak
I assumed the sun kept him in a centred state. No.
Then he suffocates sad

nicamarvin

Then he suffocates sad the sun wont damage Supes...heck the closer he gets to it the more powerful he becomes....He did sun dipped after all... wink

Q99
Superman does need air eventually, but he can keep going quite awhile without it, especially after training up his endurance.

batdude123

on 1 hand theres no air, but he can keep rechargin energy w/yellow sun so...confused

He'll survive as long as the yellow star holds out.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by batdude123
He'll survive as long as the yellow star holds out. And longer cause he stored a lot of sunlight in his body.

batdude123
Right.

The Nuul
Depends on the story, on average Supes doesnt need air. Sups would last around the two Suns forever. Just a super long sun amp, he would become super powerful.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by The Nuul
Depends on the story, on average Supes doesnt need air. Sups would last around the two Suns forever. Just a super long sun amp, he would become super powerful. What would happen when our sun start its late phase of stellar evolution and becomes a red star?....could that kill Supes?... confused

SoulDevourer
wut, use the sun to survive w/o air? when did he do that? huh Originally posted by nicamarvin
.... confused
I meant "wut, usan el sol para sobrevivir w/o aire? cuando hizo eso?"

get it? stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
What would happen when our sun start its late phase of stellar evolution and becomes a red star?....could that kill Supes?... confused prolly not. but question is can he survive w/o breathing as long as hes close to Yellow star smile

Originally posted by Q99
Superman does need air eventually, but he can keep going quite awhile without it, especially after training up his endurance.

SM breathes? what a loser

Enyalus
He'll survive as long as the yellow star holds out.
I disagree. Superman still needs to breathe, just not nearly as frequently as others. While on Earth, he draws in a lot of breath to oxygenate his blood. He can't go indefinitely without oxygen.

Allankles
prolly not. but question is can he survive w/o breathing as long as hes close to Yellow star smile

He did stay in the Sun for 10,000+ yrs in one story, so it's not entirely clear if he needs oxygen with that level of energy available.

I would guess that at some point he evolves past the need for oxygen.

batdude123
Originally posted by Enyalus
I disagree. Superman still needs to breathe, just not nearly as frequently as others. While on Earth, he draws in a lot of breath to oxygenate his blood. He can't go indefinitely without oxygen.

Superman can breathe in space.

Problem solved.

nicamarvin
I meant "wut, usan el sol para sobrevivir w/o aire? cuando hizo eso?"

get it? stick out tongue No Comprendo.... confused

Enyalus
Superman can breathe in space.

Problem solved.
I don't even know how to reply.

nicamarvin
I don't even know how to reply. Just Don't... confused

batdude123
I don't even know how to reply.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Supesbreathininspace.jpg

As you were...

Enyalus
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Supesbreathininspace.jpg

As you were...
erm That doesn't prove you right. I think prior to that, during Mongul's training, is where he says that he needs to oxygenate his blood with air, and he's able to keep it oxygenated longer because of Mongul's training with him. But besides that, they're talking on a communicator.

And then we've got New Krypton's stuff, where all the Kryptonians, including Superman, are wearing breathing masks.

Speech balloons are different to show it was electronic communication, not regular speech

Badabing
facepalm @ thread.

batdude123
erm That doesn't prove you right. I think prior to that, during Mongul's training, is where he says that he needs to oxygenate his blood with air, and he's able to keep it oxygenated longer because of Mongul's training with him. But besides that, they're talking on a communicator.

facepalm

Actually it does.

Either you're having trouble interpreting black and white statements, or your twisting context around because the scan goes against your original stance. I'm thinking the latter, although I wouldn't rule out the former either.

The whole point of Mongul's training was simply to break down Superman's own mental barriers that he puts on his powers. Like when Superman said he couldn't see to Pluto through Earth's atmosphere, and Mongul told him that he could, he simply chose not to. Mongul's training was, in effect, a way for Clark to consciously unlock his true potential.

I don't understand the point about the communicators. Sound doesn't exist in space; the communicators simply gave them a medium for their voices to travel through.

And then we've got New Krypton's stuff, where all the Kryptonians, including Superman, are wearing breathing masks.

Aside from the facts that Robinson can't write Superman for shit and that the feats portrayed by Superman and the rest of the Kryptonians are laughably ridiculous in that arc, that contradicts the VAST majority of Superman's showings.

How many times have we seen Superman converse, camp out, and travel vast distances throughout the cosmos WITHOUT breathing apparatus? Way too many to bring up. This isn't Byrne era Superman anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.