Achilles (dc) VS hercules (marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bangman
who do you think will win in this fight

Lord Feron
Im gonna give the edge to Achilles, especially with that scary spear.

now i fed you troll, go away.

bangman
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Im gonna give the edge to Achilles, especially with that scary spear.

now i fed you troll, go away.

what if achilles didnt have the spear

Colossus-Big C
who is achillies?

galactusischere
Achilles with his spear wins.

Q99
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
who is achillies?

Achilles is a character recently shown up in Wonder Woman. Zeus, who notes Diana's great success over the years, decides to try and re-create the process that made her. He takes the soul of the ancient greek warrior, the heart of a Hawai'ian god (which gives him life and regeneration), and fire and ash for his flesh, and animates them into his new champion just as Diana was animated from clay. Physically he's not far from her, in the same 'godly champion' zone.

He has a 'divine grace' ability which lets him anticipate and avoid attacks, the skills of the ancient Achilles of myth, and the spear of Athena, a magic weapon of some serious mystic mojo (precisely what all of it's abilities are is unrevealed, but it's head can burst into flames and it's also a pretty sure thing that whatever is stabbed by it is seriously owned).

Also he has a flying elephant with two trunks and three eyes named Mysia, so that's nice.

Lord Feron
I like Achilles, IMO he should take it over Ares. mainly because I believe his "grace" makes him a hard target to hit. Not impossible just very hard.

Ares would put up a good fight but Achilles would land more hits (cuz he dodge alot of ares attacks imo) and would be just as strong if a bit more.

xJLxKing
Achilles

KingD19
Is Achilles invulnerable except for his ankle on top of his Judomaster-esque Divine Grace/Aversion Field?

KingD19
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I like Achilles, IMO he should take it over Ares. mainly because I believe his "grace" makes him a hard target to hit. Not impossible just very hard.

Ares would put up a good fight but Achilles would land more hits (cuz he dodge alot of ares attacks imo) and would be just as strong if a bit more.

This is against Herc.

Prep-Man
How did WW beat Achilles? If he can anticipate movements. Also, how powerful is his spear?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How did WW beat Achilles? If he can anticipate movements. Also, how powerful is his spear?
She found his weakness. He can't dodge sweep attacks. Though, that his secret. She fought him in the past so she had time to find out

KingD19
Well Herc doesn't have many if any sweeps in his arsenal, he's a Pankration master, who usually resorts to brawling.

And I'm assuming that since he fought with WW and was holding his own or winning until she found his weakness, his strength and combat speed is pretty high.

Q99
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Well it's Athena's own spear, so at the least it's going to pierce whatever he stabs and inflict wounds that are dangerous even to gods. It probably can do more but it's full capabilities have yet to be revealed.

And like the others have said, Diana learned to compensate by doing wider attacks that caught him even with the Grace helping him move out of the way.

Yea. I think he's about the same level, others think he's a little less so, but in any case there's not a big gap.

khazra
DOnt have the comic infront of me but as i rmembered it she jjust grappled with him?
Not like herc, the 2nd best wrestler in the MU, would think of that...

thanos-prime
Hercules

KingD19
^Whose the best wrestler?

manx422
Achilles

tideoftime
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Herc doesn't have many if any sweeps in his arsenal, he's a Pankration master, who usually resorts to brawling.

And I'm assuming that since he fought with WW and was holding his own or winning until she found his weakness, his strength and combat speed is pretty high.

It's somewhat misleading to phrase it that way; she won all three of the fights they had, with just the initial problem of not knowing how his divine grace worked. It was clear that she was faster and stronger than him, but he could take a beating, could dish it out via the spear, and survive a divine weapon being plunged through his heart and being back up a minute later. So he definitely has some things going for him, but Diana made good.

As far as Herc...

Khazra: It wasn't quite as simple as grappling -- Diana is faster than Herc, and can fly fast as well, so her doing a sweep/grapple attack is strategically a bit different from Herc doing it. However, Herc might deduce that his best bet is to (quite literally) level the playing field via quickly bringing down buildings/massive debris around Achilles, or greatly unsettling the ground, and trying is best to do a leap attack or massive sweep with a large object immediately afterwards -- if he can get his hands on Achilles, I believe he could wrestle him to submission (I haven't seen anything yet to indicate Achilles is as strong as Diana, and therefore it isn't a given that he is as strong as Hercules). Herc might be slightly surprised that Achilles is tougher than he remembers (in terms of his own mythic past), but could take him in direct power vs. power. Unfortunately, however, that isn't as likely a scenario as Achilles avoiding most of Herc's blows while landing a good number of his own, and Athena's spear could do enough damage to lay him low...

EDIT: Oh, good lord... it just occured to me: this would be another "Daddy doesn't love me, waaahhhh" case, as contextually this would be Zeus' new champion/"chosen son" defeating the true son... (Yeah, I know it's different universes, but just saying... poor Herc never gets a break...)

tideoftime
Originally posted by KingD19
Is Achilles invulnerable except for his ankle on top of his Judomaster-esque Divine Grace/Aversion Field?

This is a completely new body/powerset for Achilles, so the old myth doesn't apply. He seems relatively as durable as Wonder Woman, with the much added boost of being relatively unkillable (he had a god-enchanted weapon plunged through his heart, and was up a minute later). So blunt-force attacks aren't very effective against him (though WW did make him bleed a couple times via well-connected blows), and he can apparently survive conventional lethal attacks, even if they incapacitate him for a moment.

jebadaya13
Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.