Luke Cage vs Ares Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No weapons. Who wins?

Wild Shadow
ares.

KingD19
Hard one, Cage slugs it out with Wrecker, Hulk, Rhino, Wonderman, etc...

Ares got downed by Herc in a few moves, and he hasn't been looking so good lately.

Silent Master
Yea...and this is what happens when he slugs it out with Simon

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1027/1477279728_41c608fd76_o.jpg

Colossus-Big C
ares would of beat the holy crap out of sentry if it wasnt for is MM powers.

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yea...and this is what happens when he slugs it out with Simon

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1027/1477279728_41c608fd76_o.jpg

I know in essence he lost the fight, but the fact is he fought with him, and held his own for a bit. Wonderman, Count Nefaria, and Atlas are 3 of the strongest earth bound beings in the Marvel U, and Cage fought with arguably the most powerful of the 3.

tkitna
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

http://www.crf2.com/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Put the crack pipe down

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19
I know in essence he lost the fight, but the fact is he fought with him, and held his own for a bit. Wonderman, Count Nefaria, and Atlas are 3 of the strongest earth bound beings in the Marvel U, and Cage fought with arguably the most powerful of the 3.

Yea...Held his own until Simon got mad and then the fight ended.

KingD19
Again, Simon is one of the strongest earth bound beings in the MU, and saying that Luke lost the fight isn't necessary, I know he lost, but with the way they've constantly portrayed Ares, he would've lost a lot faster.

khazra
Pure h2h the most common occurence would be Ares BFRing luke.
if its no BFR its a long drawn out fight which ares should win but i wouldnt be too suprised if it went the other way.

Silent Master
BTW, since when does nut-shotting someone with a steel girder count as slugging it out?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by tkitna

Put the crack pipe down NO! No one is taking my crack from me!Not even bada!You hear that!I challenge your power!

KingD19
Okay, throw the Wonderman fight out the window. What about when Cage was on the run and he fought Hulk? What about when he manhandled Rhino, what about when he got knocked a fair distance across the city by Hiroim and came right back?

Silent Master
Haven't seen those fights.

KingD19
Hiroim knocked him across the city when the warbound clashed with the Avengers.

Cage got framed for a crime and Hulk(Merged/Professor) came after him. They fought for a while and Cage was holding his own.

The Rhino fight I can now say I'm not so sure about, Rhino wasn't in his armor, and once he got it on, he ran.

tkitna
For Cage to even hold his own against the Hulk or Simon is ludicrous. Those writers need fired.

tkitna
Originally posted by Black bolt z
NO! No one is taking my crack from me!Not even bada!You hear that!I challenge your power!

You WILL become sober. So says the Blue Diamond. eek!

Colossus-Big C

Put the crack pipe down yes he would, he was beating down sentry, cut him with his axe and even puched his face in, sentry had to use his mm powers to kill him, if it was a slug fest ares would of beat the Sh^t out of sentry

Lord Feron
Ares

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hard one, Cage slugs it out with Wrecker, Hulk, Rhino, Wonderman, etc...

Ares got downed by Herc in a few moves, and he hasn't been looking so good lately.

You have a broad definition of slugging it out....

The Nuul
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

drylaugh

The Nuul
The issue is though that Cage isnt strong enough and its the lesser fighter. He does have the dur though that suppresses Ares. Ares should win this fight because hes better in all other areas.

Badabing
Originally posted by Black bolt z
NO! No one is taking my crack from me!Not even bada!You hear that!I challenge your power! We'll see...biscuits

The Nuul
For Cage to even hold his own against the Hulk or Simon is ludicrous. Those writers need fired.

thumb up

khazra
If it was one offs but he's consistantly taken class 80+ shots for years aswell as the iron fist attack.

It's ludicrous to assume he's still not that durable when the feats show him to be...

jebadaya13
Originally posted by khazra
If it was one offs but he's consistantly taken class 80+ shots for years aswell as the iron fist attack.

It's ludicrous to assume he's still not that durable when the feats show him to be...

he also got beat up really bad and was bruised and bleeding from scorpion and venom

Battlehammer
Originally posted by The Nuul
The issue is though that Cage isnt strong enough and its the lesser fighter. He does have the dur though that suppresses Ares. Ares should win this fight because hes better in all other areas.
Luke certainly has greater durability then Ares. Ares is not even consistently shown as bullet proof.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Luke certainly has greater durability then Ares. Ares is not even consistently shown as bullet proof. luke is also stronger than ares I believe

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
luke is also stronger than ares I believe
Now that I disagree with. Luke is only a thirty tonner, Ares is at least a 75 tonner.

Wild Shadow
i though he was only a 20 tonner?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i though he was only a 20 tonner?

I believe he was upgraded to 30 tonner, but I may be mistaken.

Starscream M
Now that I disagree with. Luke is only a thirty tonner, Ares is at least a 75 tonner. where do you get that Ares is a 75 tonner?

He's always lifting weights that look barely a ton in the gym.

Silent Master
Originally posted by khazra

I'm fairly sure Luke has been ko'd by the IF at least once, it was back during the Power Man/Iron Fist book.

Battlehammer
where do you get that Ares is a 75 tonner?

He's always lifting weights that look barely a ton in the gym.
Hand books which I know are inaccurate, but he shown strength able to wistand Hercules for a time and even Thor I believe.

That means nothing, Avengers weights can be increased to vast levels and this has always been the cases.

Battlehammer
I'm fairly sure Luke has been ko'd by the IF at least once, it was back during the Power Man/Iron Fist book.
He has, but Luke has increased gretaly in power over the years, he was originally only a 3 tonner.

KingD19
Yeah, that was back near the start of his career when catching a bullet from a Revolver almost took his hand off. But after that one time, every other Iron Fist he's been hit with, he tanks it.

Starscream M
Hand books which I know are inaccurate, but he shown strength able to wistand Hercules for a time and even Thor I believe.

thats due to his skills...not his strength

Ive never seen an impressive lifting feat from ares

Wild Shadow
sigh,,,,

Silent Master
Which would be odd since it's a mystic attack rather than physical force.

Original Smurph
http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93851_Power_Man_and_Iron_Fist_112_-_The_Legacy_of_Bad_Ned_-_18_122_147lo.jpg

That looks > 20 tons to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

KingD19
The only strength feat I've ever seen from Ares is smashing through the walls of the Secret Warriors HQ, and curling a huge weight.

Starscream M
The only strength feat I've ever seen from Ares is smashing through the walls of the Secret Warriors HQ, and curling a huge weight. but even that weight is no more than 1000 pounds

I don't know how anyone would get ares is anywere near 75 tons

Battlehammer

No it not, both herc and Thor are more skilled then he is skill had nothing to do with it.

Silent Master

Who is stronger Mangog or Wonder Man?

KingD19
I assume he's supposed to be more powerful than the average god since he is the god of war, but he's still not at the big 3's level, which around 90 tons without amping I believe.

Battlehammer
but even that weight is no more than 1000 pounds

I don't know how anyone would get ares is anywere near 75 tons
Again have you ever read avengers comics? you do realize they can increase then weights to level far exceeding what they apeare to be?

Wild Shadow
but even that weight is no more than 1000 pounds

I don't know how anyone would get ares is anywere near 75 tons your making me angry.... their is a difference a set in stone strength lvl in stats and a lack of lifting feats.. might as well just have beast be a 2 tonner and apoxy lips/wendigo being far less then a 5o tonner as well..

Original Smurph
Beast is around a Class 2...

Starscream M
Again have you ever read avengers comics? more than you prob

and again show me one instance where ares is lifting something clearly near 75 tons

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Beast is around a Class 2...
Yea I am not even sure he that strong to be honest, that be like his max.

I say he weaker then Wolverine or Capt.

Wild Shadow
Beast is around a Class 2... wrong.

Original Smurph
wrong. Based on...?

Starscream M
Yea I am not even sure he that strong to be honest, that be like his max.

I say he weaker then Wolverine or Capt. nah I think beash > capt > wolverine

slightly though in all 3 cases

Battlehammer
more than you prob

and again show me one instance where ares is lifting something clearly near 75 tons
Please don't insult everyone intelligences and even pretend you read or even have read a single issue. I own hundreds of avenger comics.

Show me a scan of Thanos doing it. We all know he well beyond it yet he has no lifting feats. Some characters sim ply don't have lifting feats, but they have displayed there strength consistently against high power individuals to prove they are within a certain strength class.

Original Smurph
nah I think beash > capt > wolverine

slightly though in all 3 cases Originally posted by Original Smurph
Based on...?

jesserw21
ARES 10/10... dont count ares out he can be a beast wen need be. Everybody usally $h*s themselves wen sentry goes all glowy eyes he took the whoopin and chopped his friggin arm off

Starscream M
Please don't insult everyone intelligences and even pretend you read or even have read a single issue. I own hundreds of avenger comics.

Show me a scan of Thanos doing it. We all know he well beyond it yet he has no lifting feats. Some characters sim ply don't have lifting feats, but they have displayed there strength consistently against high power individuals to prove they are within a certain strength class. wth are you babbling about

sentry was lifting the helicarrier...which is gotta be over 100,000 tons.

you just showed your own ignorance.

Battlehammer
nah I think beash > capt > wolverine

slightly though in all 3 cases
You are a hypocrite.

Both of them have higher level strength feats then Beast does by quite a bit and far more.

Also Capt has not display greater strength then Wolv, but thanks for the fail.

Starscream M
based on how they are portrayed

I've seen cap punching things damn hard...harder than I've seen wolverine punch things

and I give beast slight edge over cap in strength department just because I remember seeing him lift debris that cap or logan would struggle with

Battlehammer
wth are you babbling about

sentry was lifting the helicarrier...which is gotta be over 100,000 tons.

you just showed your own ignorance.

My ignorances? For starters he had help from several individuals and on top of that it was not dead lift it was slowly losing altitude, but still had enough juice to stay semi air born.

but thanks for the fail again.

How about Thanos? And I new you were going to try and bring up the helicareerer feat

Starscream M
My ignorances? For starters he had help from several individuals and on top of that it was not dead lift it was slowly losing altitude, but still had enough juice to stay semi air born.

but thanks for the fail again.

you buffoon, lifting that in the air makes it more impressive because sentry had nothing to leverage against

and he only had help later...initially he was holding it by himself

gee, you should pick up some recent avengers books, you look quite the ignorant doof.

Battlehammer
based on how they are portrayed

I've seen cap punching things damn hard...harder than I've seen wolverine punch things

and I give beast slight edge over cap in strength department just because I remember seeing him lift debris that cap or logan would struggle with
Your such a hypcrite it sad, you so stupid you can't even tell when your contradicting yourself.

Really like what? Imagining things in your mind dont count as on pannel events........and again your being a hypocrite.

Really when? Seeing as how he has no feats superior to them and they have feats superior to him. Hell Wolverine in a direct comparision showed to be stronger......

Battlehammer
you buffoon, lifting that in the air makes it more impressive because sentry had nothing to leverage against

and he only had help later...initially he was holding it by himself

gee, you should pick up some recent avengers books, you look quite the ignorant doof.
Ar eyou dense he can fly.......if anything that makes it less impressive moron.

No he had help pretty much from the get go and was struggling greatly.

Your an idiot that happen in Mighty avengers over a year ago moron. He not even on that team anymore. God do you just love sounding like an idiot?

Starscream M
Your such a hypcrite it sad, you so stupid you can't even tell when your contradicting yourself.

Really like what? Imagining things in your mind dont count as on pannel events........and again your being a hypocrite.

Really when? Seeing as how he has no feats superior to them and they have feats superior to him. Hell Wolverine in a direct comparision showed to be stronger...... marvel describes beast as having 'superhuman' strength

"The Beast possesses superhuman strength, agility, endurance, and speed, despite his bulk."

http://marvel.com/universe/Beast

Wild Shadow
Based on...?

based on marvel bios and set stats for the character. also look at the x men 2004 handbook it clearly plainly shows him lvl 5 strength clearly above 2 tons.

Starscream M
Ar eyou dense he can fly.......if anything that makes it less impressive moron.

No he had help pretty much from the get go and was struggling greatly.

Your an idiot that happen in Mighty avengers over a year ago moron. He not even on that team anymore. God do you just love sounding like an idiot? lol at your ignorance

it is much harder to lift something while flying...hence alot of flying characters struggle to lift even a human when they are flying yet they could lift much more when they are on the ground.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So let me get this straight, Brucy's arguing now that Ares can't beat a near Class 100 because he doesn't have many lifting feats?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So let me get this straight, Brucy's arguing now that Ares can't beat a near Class 100 because he doesn't have many lifting feats? what? go put your clown nose on.

Battlehammer
marvel describes beast as having 'superhuman' strength

"The Beast possesses superhuman strength, agility, endurance, and speed, despite his bulk."

http://marvel.com/universe/Beast
you are such a hypcorite is unbelieveable. Do you even realize how dumb you sound. Do you really not see how your beign a hypocrite?

also how does that make him stronger then Wolverine or Captain America?

Battlehammer
based on marvel bios and set stats for the character. also look at the x men 2004 handbook it clearly plainly shows him lvl 5 strength clearly above 2 tons.
and then contradicts it self in the bio.......

Starscream M

also how does that make him stronger then Wolverine or Captain America? um because neither cap nor wolverine has ever been described as having superhuman strength? gee...that wasnt too difficult

Battlehammer
lol at your ignorance

it is much harder to lift something while flying...hence alot of flying characters struggle to lift even a human when they are flying yet they could lift much more when they are on the ground.
No it not, for starters angle can lift far more weight while flying, then on the ground, this is true for numerous characters. Because not only can they uses there strength but also have the force of there flying backing them.

Battlehammer
um because neither cap nor wolverine has ever been described as having superhuman strength? gee...that wasnt too difficult
Honestly do you not see how your beign a hypocrite? Are you really that stupid?

Also Wolverine has better feats, shown to be stronger in direct comparisions and has been stated as having superhuman strength dip shit.

Wild Shadow
um because neither cap nor wolverine has ever been described as having superhuman strength? gee...that wasnt too difficult

yes he has. he has bn refered as having enhanced and superhuman strength.

Starscream M
Honestly do you not see how your beign a hypocrite? Are you really that stupid?

Also Wolverine has better feats, shown to be stronger in direct comparisions and has been stated as having superhuman strength dip shit. whatever thats not the point anyways...

still waiting for you to show proof that Ares can lift near 70 tons

Wild Shadow
whatever thats not the point anyways...

still waiting for you to show proof that Ares can lift near 70 tons can you proof he cant?

Rage.Of.Olympus
what? go put your clown nose on.

No need to be rude son. I was simply checking if I have it right. I simply flipped through the previous pages of the thread. I'm too lazy to read them.

I'm assuming it's you just making yourself look foolish again?

Battlehammer
whatever thats not the point anyways...

still waiting for you to show proof that Ares can lift near 70 tons
whats your point to contradict your self at every turn?

And still waiting for you to stop contradicting your self at every turn and being a hypocrite. How about you go re read through your last two pages of arguements.....and just try and comprehend how much of an idiot you sound like......is astounding.

Starscream M
No need to be rude son. I was simply checking if I have it right. I simply flipped through the previous pages of the thread. I'm too lazy to read them.

I'm assuming it's you just making yourself look foolish again? well you have it wrong as usual. next time read the damn thread before you comment!

Battlehammer

I'm assuming it's you just making yourself look foolish again?

Yes he is, go read his last two pages of responses he litterally contradicts him self over and over again it amazing.

Starscream M
whats your point to contradict your self at every turn?

And still waiting for you to stop contradicting your self at every turn and being a hypocrite. How about you go re read through your last two pages of arguements.....and just try and comprehend how much of an idiot you sound like......is astounding. so you can't show one instance of ares lifting 70 tons...kthxbye.

Battlehammer
well you have it wrong as usual. next time read the damn thread before you comment!
No he right, you might want to reread yoru responses, you makign a fool of yourself.

Battlehammer
so you can't show one instance of ares lifting 70 tons...kthxbye.

Honestly do you not see it?

your asking for lifitng feats.

Then you stated capt stronger then Wolverine becuase you believe he shown to hit harder......then you say beast is stronger because of hand books........do you not see how your being a hypocrite.

Your picking and choosing what you exknowledge as ones strength......it rediculous.

Rage.Of.Olympus
well you have it wrong as usual. next time read the damn thread before you comment!

Doubt it. At this point, I expect you to say something stupid when you post. It's like the norm now.

Yes he is, go read his last two pages of responses he litterally contradicts him self over and over again it amazing.

It's all part of his charm.

Wild Shadow
i am done with him and will be reporting him for trolling from now on.

SuperiorTech
so you can't show one instance of ares lifting 70 tons...kthxbye.

I dont understand why Ares is being singled out here the are multiply people that are as stronger or stronger than ares that dont have any lifting feats to back up how strong thier classified.

Starscream M
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I dont understand why Ares is being singled out here the are multiply people that are as stronger or stronger than ares that dont have any lifting feats to back up how strong thier classified. such as?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Off the top of my head:Thanos, Mangog, Galactus, Odin, Zeus, Shazam, the Destroyer, Doomsday etc. don't have very or even any impressive lifting feats. Plenty of characters don't. It doesn't diminish them in anyway.

Starscream M
Yup. Off the top of my head Thanos, Mangog, Galactus, Odin, Zeus, Shazam, the Destroyer, Doomsday etc. don't have very impressive lifting feats. Plenty of characters don't. It doesn't diminish them in anyway. but they have feats that clearly establish them as CL100s

so I guess Aunt May can lift 100 tons too...prove me wrong!

Silent Master
but they have feats that clearly establish them as CL100s

Such as?

Rage.Of.Olympus

erm

I thought the entire argument was that since Ares doesn't have many impressive lifting feats in regards to Class 70 he can't be that strong.

Ares does have impressive feats. Especially recently. Off the top of my head, going toe to toe with Hercules, and stalemating him. Literally ripping through a hole in reality forcefully that no one should be able to traverse in Secret Warriors I believe. He even did pretty decently against Sentry, seeing as how it was the Void in control.

? Aunt May has struggled lifting that we could in the past such as groceries once as I recall.

Oh and many of them lack any actual feats of strength besides fights against other opponents. Some like Galactus, lack any feats of strength I think.

Starscream M
Such as? doomsday was throwing superman around like a ragdoll

thanos has shown greater strength than surfer and hulk

galactus is galactus

Starscream M
erm

I thought the entire argument was that since Ares doesn't have many impressive lifting feats in regards to Class 70 he can't be that strong.

meh...I'm not gonna push this point too far since it seems I'm in the minority.

I just never got the sense Ares was any stronger than 20 ton class.

Silent Master
doomsday was throwing superman around like a ragdoll

thanos has shown greater strength than surfer and hulk

galactus is galactus

That was skill.

Badabing
Closed. This thread has been off topic, not to mention the trolling, bashing, etc.Originally posted by Starscream M

so I guess Aunt May can lift 100 tons too...prove me wrong! Really...Aunt May...100 tons? dur & facepalm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.