Sora vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Since the Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts wasn't the real one, Sora will now face the wrath of the real One Winged Angel.

Sora has all feats available from all the KH games he's been in.

Fight is at Midgar.

Can the boy who wields the Keyblade defeat Sephiroth or will he kick Sora's ass?

Q'Anilia
Since AC is the most powerful Sephiroth, I say Sora.

MooCowofJustice
Midgar as in earth, right?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Midgar as in earth, right?

Isn't there a place called Midgar in Final Fantasy VII?

FinalAnswer
Sora barely fought off a weaker KH Sephiroth.

AC Seph wins.

MooCowofJustice
I have no idea, I never played FF7. Or any FF game for that matter.

ScreamPaste
It's my understanding that Sora outclasses Sephiroth in every category. no expression

GrieverSquall
The real Sephiroth? Sephiroth cleans the floor with Sora's face.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's my understanding that Sora outclasses Sephiroth in every category. no expression

And it's to my understanding Sephiroth outclasses Sora in every category =l

NemeBro
Sephiroth is faster.

Cloud replicated Sora's best cutting feat.

He can collapse an enormous skyscraper with a gesture.

The only thing that gives Sora the win is Time Stop and Genie. Take those, Sephiroth wins.

Batman-Prime
Seph > Cloud = Squall > Sora

uhuh

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Seph<>Squall > Cloud >> Sora

roll eyes (sarcastic) Fixed, lol.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
roll eyes (sarcastic) Fixed, lol.

So you are telling me that Sora >>>> Seph? ahah

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
So you are telling me that Sora >>>> Seph? ahah

Nah, I was joking, lol. big grin

linkownsyousobs
*sigh*

Sora loses because no matter how strong he is, Sephiroth has a better defense than Sora could hope to beat. Disney boy loses.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
Nah, I was joking, lol. big grin

I will let you off lightly this time, because I love your sig, don't make me regret my decison. uhuh

FWahMaN
Sora isn't even made by Disney to have "Disney boy" as some sort of nickname. Ignorance there made me laugh a bit.

I honestly have to say that Sephiroth wins, for having more impressive abilities and feats, and more power (actually, all the power is in the Keyblade which Sora uses pretty much) and I'm just talking about AC and CC showings. If Sephiroth is the one-winged-angel supernova creating being in the last battle of FF7...then wtf can Sora do about that. Time stop may help, but given that there are magic-based invulnerablities, who knows what that may do.

As a side fact, Sora and all of Kingdom Hearts is underrated. All the talk of "all the FF characters are nerfed" is a generalization and a lie. If the person means the FF incarnations simply had more screen time and showings, then yes, as per KMC they are stronger, but the claim they are nerfed is not SE-supported, not in the least. With Sephiroth, I think it's a different story.

Also, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie are exceptions, as well as X-2's YRP. In other words, when it comes to Cloud, Yuffie, Squall, Tifa and Auron...just what about them makes them seem weaker? We've fought alongside all of these people. In fact, I've seen Cloud and Auron move faster in KH. Damage points, I'll laugh if someone brings that up this time around.

BloodRain
Sora wins. Drive forms available?

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth beats Sora's head against a brick wall using his TK, winning the fight without ever raising his blade.

BloodRain
Yeah... or he looses. Think that works out better.

fascistcrusader
If you could go ahead and, not disagree with me... that'd be great.

ScreamPaste
Sora is much stronger, even in his base form, and I'm not sure where it's said Seph is faster?

BloodRain
And he has a key... what more is needed? ;p

fascistcrusader
Whatever you say, champ. smile

GrieverSquall
Sora is just a boy who swings a Keyblade and kills Shadows. Cloud (arguable one of the most stronger main characters from the Final Fantasy series) isn't even pair with Sephiroth, thinking that Sora could beat Sephiroh is like pretending that a 2 years old kid would beat Bruce Lee.

BloodRain
Bit of a stretch. Sora has shown impressive feats and skill to win.

FinalAnswer
Sora is much stronger, even in his base form, and I'm not sure where it's said Seph is faster?

The best strength feat I've seen Sora do is cut apart skyscrapers, something Sephiroth does easily.

Faster? Maybe because at his weakest (CC), he was leagues above people like Zack, who effortlessly blocks and dodges machine gun bullets.

Is there any reason Sephiroth can't just snap Sora's neck with TK at the start of the battle?

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by BloodRain
Sora has shown impressive feats and skill to win.

To win what?
Keep in mind that Donald and Goofy won't be there to save Sora from Sephiroth's hands.

BloodRain
Imo Sora has a good chance. Especially with Final form.

FWahMaN

Sora's feats are all shown in reaction commands, which work the same way as cutscenes. Yes I said cutscenes. Reaction commands are 100% and absolute, meaning they'll never look different on screen and also are viewed from the exact same angles. What you see on the screen is 100% replicated each time a reaction command occurs. There's no glitch/gameplay mechanic involved to make it look different each time. It's like Riku shooting out a Dark Firaga - we knows this is something he can do. Sora's keyblade going through Donald during gameplay, is obviously unacceptable mechanics.

Sora is a beast, with his skills and his "phenomenally powerful keyblade" (KH2 secret ending quote) has a reaction command to deflect shotgun fire from pirates, as well as many others displaying his feats. That is why cutting a building is a feat for him - it's actually one of his reaction commands (which, again, work as cutscenes, even in the viewing angle perspective).

If someone says Sephiroth is a boss Sora can probably beat, right. Probably, however, doesn't fly on KMC. We consider based on all we know who is most likely to win without PIS and CIS, and Sephiroth takes that with a safe 75% minimum. I'm not surprised those saying Sora would win think Link without a godly plot device would overcome Sephiroth (any version of).

Sephiroth has better cutting feats (CC fight with Genesis) flight, high durability (Genesis' firagas did squat) and a sword that can hurt you almost wherever you are. Add his bizzare/angelic forms and you kind of have a colossus from SOTC vs. an ant from a Bug's Life.

FWahMaN
Passed the time.

That is, if it wasn't for the Keyblade. A lot have a tendency to show laughable ignorance when it comes to that weapon. If it was some key, it would not even faze 97% of the villains in the series. It doesn't make Sora more impressive nonetheless than Sephiroth.

You could say it's a plot device for this reason; I personally wouldn't. SE has gone so far as to say it's actually a part of him and/or his heart. It disappears/gets snatched or knocked away, and instantly reappears in Sora's hand. Kind of makes it seem it's an extension of some sort.

linkownsyousobs
If one were to count all of Sora's reaction commands as feats, he is faster than Sephiroth. And on terms of strength, I'd give them at least even footing there, considering both demolish buildings. In a straight up sword fight, Sora would beat him probably. Especially if you give him his drive forms. But he lacks a defense against Sephiroths TK and he couldn't get past Sephiroths defense anyway.

ScreamPaste
Sora is undeniably stronger. A class 10 or so can do anything Sephiroth does as a strength feat, Sora plays tennis with buildings.

SpadeKing
Last time I argued command reactions they came up as gameplay mechanics disgust

Nemesis X
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs12/300W/i/2006/312/3/1/Sora_vs_Sephiroth_by_Rayanz.jpg

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Last time I argued command reactions they came up as gameplay mechanics disgust
Hm.

Some people seem to think anything that isn't a cutscene isn't canon, which isn't realy the case. Though I don't like Sora at all, so if his feats could be ruled out as mechanics, I'd be happy 131

Anywayz; Time stop+smackz with keyblade = win.

FinalAnswer
Anywayz; Time stop+smackz with keyblade = win.

Nah

Seph looks at Sora and breaks his neck with TK.

The End.

FWahMaN
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
If one were to count all of Sora's reaction commands as feats, he is faster than Sephiroth. And on terms of strength, I'd give them at least even footing there, considering both demolish buildings. In a straight up sword fight, Sora would beat him probably. Especially if you give him his drive forms. But he lacks a defense against Sephiroths TK and he couldn't get past Sephiroths defense anyway. He's not faster; maybe around the same level. Add to that the fact Sora lacks flight unless in Final Form (no, he does not need to fuse with people to be in Drive Forms. This is proven to be a false gameplay mechanic to make the game more balanced. Proof is in the scene where he goes Valor Form and Goofy, who Sora fuses with in-game, pisses his pants at the sight of it all.)

They demolish buildings, except Sephiroth pwned one with his mind in AC.

I also read something about the reaction commands counting as gameplay "mechanics". My other post explains why this is wrong...we all just said the building was a feat for Sora. THAT IS A REACTION COMMAND...so why is this a feat but all the other reaction commands aren't?

Mikedatruth
OMFG when will these Kingdom hearts fans get it that sora cant compare to the final fantasy ppl the only ones who can compete cuz they don act like total dumbasses are riku and roxas the rest would just get ****ed up if sephiroth fought that happy go lucky peice of shit sora sora would get his ass kicked so hard no gay ass key blade could unlock it mad

BloodRain
Sora has more things to hold over Sephiroth. Spells, skills and abilities wise.

Heythere,Honey
I can't remember Sora facing an enemy that can TK him one on one.

BloodRain
No but a good teleport can get him out of that.

FinalAnswer
Sora has more things to hold over Sephiroth. Spells, skills and abilities wise.

Sephiroth looks at Sora
Sephiroth breaks his neck with TK.

The End.

BloodRain
Willing to bet that Sora can blitz Seph before he takes any damage.

FinalAnswer
Because Sora is capable of blitzing someone who can move faster then him, right?

Also, all Seph needs to do is think, and break Sora's neck with TK. Sora needs to think, and do all sorts of shit to harm Seph.

Mikedatruth
final answer u got it right there is no way sephiroth can lose to sora I dont care about finalform did we all forget about un safe sephiroth aand heartless angel and hells gate sephiroth is to fast to strong and to smart to lose to a dork with a keyblade

MooCowofJustice
I thought Sora was faster than Sephiroth?

FinalAnswer
Considering he can kinda blitz Zack, who while a 2nd Class SOLDIER, could casually dodge machine gun fire, and the fastest I've seen Sora go at is blocking musket fire and laser like projectiles (Do not move at light speed), I'd say Sephiroth is kinda faster.

MooCowofJustice
He blocks Sephiroth's weird slashing attack if that counts for anything. A bunch of slashes, you know the one.

I haven't seen much of a difference in speed between KH2 Seph and other Seph's. KH2 doesn't try either.

FinalAnswer
AC Sephiroth > KH Sephiroth.

KH2 has, like, no feats.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, Lifestream and all that. But a speed difference. I haven't seen one.

BloodRain
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I thought Sora was faster than Sephiroth?
He is. Cant 100% recall Sephs fastest feat but from what I remember, yes Sora is faster.

Heythere,Honey
Mainstream Sephy has TK, which KH Sephy probably doesn't have.

FinalAnswer
He is. Cant 100% recall Sephs fastest feat but from what I remember, yes Sora is faster.

Try and remember Sephiroth easily blitzing Zack, someone who while 2nd Class, casually dodged bullets

BloodRain
Vid of that happening?

BloodRain
^ or one of the best speed feat he's got.

FinalAnswer
Too lazy, and am RAGING right nao.

BloodRain
Ahh ok ill post first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L50xwpWEWA
0:45 and 5:27. In like 1/10 of a second he moves that distance while lobbing off 7 hydra heads. Thats impressive speed.
Not to mention Sora already has a reaction the proves he can react to Sephs fastest moves.

Feel free to jump in when you clam the RAGE down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.