Team Link Versus Team Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
The greatest debate the lollovelinkclub has ever faced! Which incarnations of Link are the tops?

This is a three-on-three match with the teams as follows:

Team Big Link (TBL): Twilight Princess Link, Hero of Time Link, LoZ2 Link

Team Small Link (TSL): Majora's Mask Link, Wind Waker Link, A Link to the Past Link

All incarnations have full access to their various skills, abilities, items, and magics.

Things to Note:

* Any one-shot spells or skills will not work against either TBL or TSL, as all Links are considered boss rank characters.

* Hero of Time Link and Majora's Mask Link cannot share feats, despite being part of the same timeline. This is basically Adult Link v Young Link, and only their showings in their respective forms will count.

* No full Triforce.

For fun, if everyone can agree on a team winning, we'll move on to a bonus round!

Bonus Round: Team Link Versus Composite Link

Every incarnation of Link (and I do mean every incarnation) shows up for a massive showdown against The One Link to Rape Them All. Can the Many defeat the One, or will it be proven that Link is his own greatest adversary?

Things to Note

* As before, no Link can be one-shotted.

* Composite Link has access to everything except, for obvious reasons, the complete Triforce, and neither does Team Link.

So, Link lovers and haters, which Link will win the privilege to gloat?

link-rape

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by XanatosForever
link-rape

Why?

ScreamPaste
Xan, this is where I tell you that aLttP Link is 16 stick out tongue

Still. I have no idea who wins. no expression

FinalAnswer
MM Link + Giant's Mask = GG

BloodRain
Link wins... oh.

MMLink has better equipment then the rest, the rest of TSL is weaker the TBL. TBL should win.

Composite Link can loose as he's fighting so many Links that know exactly what he's going to do. He wont be able to do much against the Links.

ScreamPaste
I always like seeing these words. cool

I'd actually say aLttP Link has the best equipment, imho.

MM Link has some cool gizmoes, that much is certain. (He has the rape magic arrows, giant's mask, and infinite magic), but I'd still say he loses to his older self, who has the master sword, rape magic arrows, and golden gauntlets.

aLttP Link, while technicly an older Link, (16) is probably best equipped, with the magic cape, and medallions, master sword, titan'smits, ect.

All in all, I'm torn, though.

LLLLLink
Ok, I think team 1 wins. I'll argue for Adult HoT.

MM Link will lose to his older self on the simple basis that Adult Link will know exactly what Young Link is going to do before he does it. How can he not know himself?
LttP Link will be the toughest contender by a bit. Hover Boots will nullify the effects of the Quake Medallion and Nayru's Love for Bombos and Ether. Both HoTs have the most useful Spin Attack (magic range, darkening the skies, reflecting beams from Ganondorf, etc). They also has the walking in lava feat, although I don't know what good that will do them here...

MooCowofJustice
Team Small Link wins. ALttP Link shovel beasts Team Big Link.

Burning thought
diddy link team win, the big ones dont cut it as for one alttp only needs a lump of silver fired into Ganon to beat him when he has the most powerful artifact in LoZ and WW link is the cutest little toon out of the lot!

ScreamPaste
You've never played any of these games, go away before you make more of an ass of yourself. (If possible.)

fascistcrusader
Team two wins thanks to LttP Link. More powerful weapons like the Silver Arrows and the Golden Sword, in addition to items like the invincibility cane and the medallions make it a stomp in his favor.

ScreamPaste
Silver arrows = light arrows, otherwise I agree aLttP's equipment is the best.

It's still not a stomp in his favour, though, Team one has LoZ/LoZII Link.
OoT Link > his younger self.
LoZ Link = aLttP Link, imho,
And TP Link < WW Link, due to magic arrows of rape.

Looks like a draw, to me.

LLLLLink
http://www.epicallyfunnypictures.com/FunnyPictures/ORLY/ZeldaORLY.png

fascistcrusader
Silver can't be light arrows given that Light arrows explode with light energy and silver arrows are an enchanted arrow made of silver. Not to mention the fact that light arrows can only stun a Ganon with the triforce of power but the silver arrows kill Ganon when he has all three of them.

Burning thought
Do we know the arrows are enchanted?

LLLLLink
You are neglecting the fact that it is the bow that is upgraded in the Fairy Fountain.

ScreamPaste
Hey, you know what I haven't seen since 1992? A silver arrow.

Know what I haven't seen since 1988? A magic sword.. Or a cross!

You realise ofcourse that the silver arrows were based on the Christian themes in early Zelda, right? The've long since been retconned.

MooCowofJustice
I should point out that ALttP Link lacks the Triforce of Courage. Even though he's my favorite, that is a serious disadvantage when it comes to combating other Links that do.

I'd have to say that TP Link and WW Link could be pretty even in terms of swordsmanship.

The Links should be able to share items. That benefits ALttP Link's team.

Burning thought
Originally posted by LLLLLink
You are neglecting the fact that it is the bow that is upgraded in the Fairy Fountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QCUQ1YFmhs

no, he throws the bow in sure but in return the fairy gives him silver arrows. She does not mension anything about his bow getting upgraded?

fascistcrusader
The reason you haven't seen them anymore is because all of the games being released now take place before LttP, LoZ and AoL. The fact remains that if light arrows could only stun a weaker Ganon they sure as hell couldn't kill a stronger one. Thus, they simply can't be the same item.

MooCowofJustice
The bow gets enchanted.

Burning thought
Where is that said?

ScreamPaste
Negative. The focus of the games has long since shifted from the arrows being the primary weapon with sword as a secondary to the sword being the primary weapon against Ganon. That explains the difference in power. In OoT, the final strike comes from the master sword, but it obviously can't be the same sword as in aLttP? Ohwait, it is. no expression

The Silver arrows originated in the first game, when it was still your standard Christian fantasy game. After 1992 all Christian themes had vanished, and the silver arrows with them. Been retconned.

MooCowofJustice
It's shown. The fairy even asks you if you dropped it, you say yes, and she gives you back a better item.

Sin_Volvagia
Team 1 loses to Big Link and Invisible Link

Burning thought
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
It's shown. The fairy even asks you if you dropped it, you say yes, and she gives you back a better item.

Better item being silver arrows, not a bow.

ScreamPaste
@Sin:
Team one has the lense of truth, and being big isn't an instant win.

XanatosForever
Scream: He looked smaller from the top-down angle, shaddup.
gay_rage

Two pages in 5 hours. Not a bad turnout. smile

LLLLLink
WW Link possesses a seagull for recon smile

ScreamPaste
Seagulls? Shit. I forgot. Clearly WW Link soloes. mmm

LLLLLink
WW Link eliminates use of Ocarina's, flutes, etc. by using teh Wind Waker to conduct their music, foiling their attempts. no expression

ScreamPaste
Wind Waker = trivial. He has freakin Kyoi Pears. no expression Nothing else matters.

LLLLLink
Lol, rotten pears. Also, WW Link has the nicest house out of all the Links. Cabana ftw. Pet zombies in the basement ^_^

ares834
Ah this is very difficult.
AHoT Link and LttP Link are IMO the greatest contenders.

I would give it to team 1 after a very difficult battle.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by ares834
Ah this is very difficult.
AHoT Link and LttP Link are IMO the greatest contenders.

Here's how it stacks up for AHoT, imo:

- Quake Medallion is countered by Hover Boots
- Bombos and Ether Medallions are countered by Nayru's Love
- Magic Cape is somewhat countered by Lens of Truth
- HoT has the superior Mirror Shield
- Fire and Ice Rods are rendered null by the Mirror Shield
- Pegasus Boots..... now there's your problem..... Perhaps a Spin Attack?

fascistcrusader
The silver arrows and the magic sword are both new items, Scream, not retcons. The reason the Master Sword doesn't hurt Ganon in LttP like it did in OoT is because Ganon was stronger, he had the entire triforce. The MS was no more or less powerful, it was just against a tougher opponent. The Silver arrows were a new item that didn't exist at the time of OoT, to say they are light arrows is just silly.

As for the magic sword it has to be a different weapon as well. Notice how it occurs in a game taking place after LttP and the epilogue of that game tells us the Master Sword was never used again after that. It can't be the Master Sword because the MS was sleeping while it was being used.

ScreamPaste
Can you prove any of this? No. The silver arrows are a throw back to the early Zelda games when Christian themes were still present.

As for the magic sword: Zelda.com says it's the master sword.

fascistcrusader
I don't need to prove anything, the games have done all the proving for me. LttP says the Master Sword slept forever after the events of that game. Seeing as how that game takes place long before Zelda 1 and 2, they simply aren't the same sword. Besides, LttP was created after the last appearance of the magical sword. Do you understand what a retcon is? If they were retconning it they would have had to do it in the games that came after the last appearance of the Magical Sword, and they make it very clear in LttP that this isn't the case.

As for the Silver Arrows, as a Christian myself I can tell you Silver Arrows have nothing to do with the symbols of my faith. They're a different item, that's just a fact. If light arrows couldn't kill a weaker Ganon then they couldn't kill the stronger one.

For a guy who has such a hard on for Link you sure are poorly versed in the LoZ series.

ScreamPaste
I'm a Christian too, you might wanna look into history a little. Edit: Even if they were unconnected, this is a case of obvious retcon. Once the rules of the Zelda universe were finetuned Light became the holy force.

But uh, yeah. Nintendo's site says they're the same sword, I kinda win.

fascistcrusader
Except for the fact that Miyamoto and the other creators have nothing to do with a site Nintendo of America operates. Unless the creators make a direct statement, the game is the final authority. Until the actual creators state otherwise, they aren't the same. Sorry.

ScreamPaste
They are. It's called a Retcon. A lot has changed since 1992.

fascistcrusader
Sorry, but everything in the games says very cleary that the magical sword and silver arrows did not exist in the time of OoT, WW, etc.

ScreamPaste
Because they were the master sword and light arrows. Note how Silver arrows disappeared from the games entirely after 1992, and the magic sword after 1988.

fascistcrusader
Notice how the game made after 1989 made sure you knew the Master Sword was asleep during the time of LoZ and AoL. Notice how all the games after 1992 take place before that games timeline. They're new weapons, it is simply impossible for them to be the same.

ScreamPaste
Note how the idea of the master sword was far from fully wvolved in 1992, and that Zelda.com says they're the same sword.

fascistcrusader
Zelda.com is superceded by the actual canon source, you know, the games? Unless an actual creator says it the games are right and you, unfortunately, aren't.

ScreamPaste
Retcon.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Can you prove any of this? No. The silver arrows are a throw back to the early Zelda games when Christian themes were still present.

As for the magic sword: Zelda.com says it's the master sword.

Zelda.com gives no canon proof on that. I'd like an official Japanese source.

- HoT has the superior Mirror Shield

LttP's Mirror Shield reflects lasers, spears, arrows, and fireballs.

The only special about OoT's mirror shield is that it can absorb heat and cold to release as beams.

fascistcrusader
Scream, people would take you more seriously if you'd concede like a gentleman rather than throwing a tantrum.

ScreamPaste
Lol? K. Pretend I threw a tantrum while throwing your own.

Retcon.

fascistcrusader
No, the series is quite clear that they're just different items. Sorry sport. sad

ScreamPaste
Retcon.

I'm sure you believe Link's shield still bears a cross?

MooCowofJustice
It was a shield? I saw pics once. Thought it was a bible.

LLLLLink
Well personally, I think that the timeline theory is BS anyway....
But, given the two choices here, I would definitely say that the Silver Arrows have been retconned.

If you really want to get technical, the LoZ cartoon series is based of of the original NES LoZ games. At that time, there was no Triforce of Courage, Master Sword, etc. All of that has been retconned.

fascistcrusader
Sorry Scream, they're still not the same item. Go play a Zelda game.

Sin_Volvagia
After seeing WW and TP, I'd agree that the Silver Arrows are the Light Arrows. But they were weak in OoT.

BloodRain
Silver arrows = Light arrow.

/end of.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
After seeing WW and TP, I'd agree that the Silver Arrows are the Light Arrows. But they were weak in OoT.
They actually weren't weak in OoT, what they did wasn't just stunning Ganon, they took him out of the air entirely. Something his own power couldn't do.
WW has a cutscene showing them being awesome, TP they actually aren't as important in, oddly.

But yeah. I think we all agree. smile

fascistcrusader
If the light arrows were silver arrows, they'd have called them silver arrows and they would have killed the weaker OoT Ganon. /thread. smile

ScreamPaste
Retcon.

fascistcrusader
You're still wrong, some back when you've played a few Zelda games. sad

BloodRain
Back when they were pushing the Christian belief, silver to kill the beast. Now we use light. Name change.

fascistcrusader
The only significance silver has in Christianity is that it's the metal used to pay Judas for his betrayal. Silver Arrows and Light Arrows do different things, they're no more the same item than the Kokiri Sword and Link's Uncle's blade.

ScreamPaste
Retcon.

Also, silver's been associated with monster killing for centuries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan

The rules changed. It's a retcon.

fascistcrusader
European folklore =/= Christianity. No retcon, go play a Zelda game.

BloodRain
Wiki searching?
Silver was known kill fend of evil. (From medicine then went to vampires then werewolves. eg Silver bullet) Today is more fancy to day light kills dark creatures.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
European folklore =/= Christianity. No retcon, go play a Zelda game.

Even though...y'know...quite a bit of Christian tales and doctrine came from...y'know...Europe?

fascistcrusader
Not really, Christianity all came out of the Middle East, European mythologies had been around long before Christianity got there. Norse and Germanic myths aren't Christianity.

ScreamPaste
They were adopted.

This is turning into a seperate debate altogether.

Regardless: The original Zelda games were set in a European style medieval setting, with silver arrows, and crosses on shields. That's been gone a long time.

MooCowofJustice
Now we are arguing religion in these threads. Amazing.

What will we argue next? The origins of the universe? The philosophy of existance?

ScreamPaste
Existentialism is deep shit. I really don't wanna get into a debate about it. It'll make me feel lonely and insignificant.

MooCowofJustice
Hah.

ScreamPaste
Nah, really. If you get deep enough into existentialism you can feel guilty just for turning your console off. no expression

MooCowofJustice
I'm certain. We cover it a bit in my Critical Thinking class. I never actually found out what it was, though.

Sin_Volvagia
They actually weren't weak in OoT, what they did wasn't just stunning Ganon, they took him out of the air entirely. Something his own power couldn't do.
WW has a cutscene showing them being awesome, TP they actually aren't as important in, oddly.

But yeah. I think we all agree. smile

Light Arrows in OoT lacked the killing power of the Silver Arrows in the earlier games and the Light Arrows in the later games. They're supposed to be the ultimate weapon of the Zelda series (besides the Fairy enhanced Master Sword in LttP).

LLLLLink
Silver has always been a material of great magic properties in the Zeldaverse (all 2? games that it was in), and definitely can't be compared to the silver ore we have in reality.

Both times that I recall silver being used as an item, it was displaying pretty amazing attributes. The Silver Arrows had the power to bring Ganondorf down in combination with the Master Sword in LttP, and the Silver Gauntlets granted Link superhuman strength in OoT.

So, Zelda silver is pretty good, and is clearly not normal silver that you might see in other games or real life.

BloodRain
Perhaps the Light arrows became the Silver arrows somehow.

ScreamPaste
Probably the reverse :P Silver arrows became light arrows by retcon.

BloodRain
Retcon or chronologically >_> hmm...

LLLLLink
The chronological way isn't canon.

ScreamPaste
Chronology of Zelda is so messed up it's barely worth trying. @_@;

Also, I doubt it's Chronology since there's also a church and stuff in aLttP, it's just before the games had a set direction, imho.

BloodRain
Right, LoZ timeline... not going back into that.

LLLLLink
It ain't canon, and that's all that can really be gleaned from any timeline debate. It makes me sick to hear people spouting info about Zelda canon when their whole argument hinges on the timeline being a certain way.

XanatosForever
Okay, the arguing of semantics concerning The Master/Golden Sword and Light/Silver arrows has gone on long enough. It has since stopped contributing to the actual debate.

GOLDEN SWORD = MASTER SWORD

SILVER ARROWS = LIGHT ARROWS

Now please, can we get back on topic? If I see anyone else try and argue this point again, I am going to report them to Peach for derailment.

BloodRain

MM Link will lose to his older self on the simple basis that Adult Link will know exactly what Young Link is going to do before he does it. How can he not know himself?
LttP Link will be the toughest contender by a bit. Hover Boots will nullify the effects of the Quake Medallion and Nayru's Love for Bombos and Ether. Both HoTs have the most useful Spin Attack (magic range, darkening the skies, reflecting beams from Ganondorf, etc). They also has the walking in lava feat, although I don't know what good that will do them here...

MooCowofJustice
Round one: Team Small Link

Round two: Composite Link loses.

Edit: Wait, I gotta get 5L off ignore so I can reply to that post.

ScreamPaste
Well, aLttP Link lacks the ToC, where as every member of team 1 has it. mmm
Imo, team 1.

Then team.

Maester_yoda
i wonder who is the weakest link....goodbye! sorry i had to....

XanatosForever
Okay...why? And this is for everyone. I want to hear your basis for supporting TBL.

MooCowofJustice
Well, aLttP Link lacks the ToC, where as every member of team 1 has it. mmm
Imo, team 1.

Then team.

He makes up for it.

I enjoy the MM Link point, except that Adult Link can't know exactly what Young Link will do. It is actually the reverse, as MM Link has used every item Adult HoT has, and Adult HoT has never seen the other items before.

The Medallions are technically already nullified. But one thing ALttP Link does have is incredible range with just about everything. I might argue his Mirror Shield is the best, too.

Xan, they should get to share items. big grin

XanatosForever
I thought about allowing it, Moo, but I figured it would be a fairly close debate as it already was, so I opted out.

ScreamPaste
I don't think aLttP Link can compete with Zelda II Link, tbh. Zelda II Link has moar sword lasers, including lightning and fire, the ToC, a reflect spell that works on pretty much everything, and shield and heal spells. He could outfight aLttP Link, and his cross allows him to see him, even with the magic cape.

OoT Link can also match aLttP Link. He has the magic arrows of rape, the same sword and shield, but has the ToC. He can also beat his younger self, who, though he has the magic arrows of rape, has an inferior sword/shield, less range, and no spells. (though he does have masks.)

TP Link would probably be the most d00med. No magic arrows, or magic, at all, or mirror shield. No spells.. But if he gets in someone like WW Link's face, he becomes incredibly dangerous. Until TP Link closes, he's the least competant, but once he does, well **** eh?

So.. My estimation is basicly: Moar triforces = moar winnings.

MooCowofJustice
I don't think aLttP Link can compete with Zelda II Link, tbh. Zelda II Link has moar sword lasers, including lightning and fire, the ToC, a reflect spell that works on pretty much everything, and shield and heal spells. He could outfight aLttP Link, and his cross allows him to see him, even with the magic cape.

OoT Link can also match aLttP Link. He has the magic arrows of rape, the same sword and shield, but has the ToC. He can also beat his younger self, who, though he has the magic arrows of rape, has an inferior sword/shield, less range, and no spells. (though he does have masks.)

TP Link would probably be the most d00med. No magic arrows, or magic, at all, or mirror shield. No spells.. But if he gets in someone like WW Link's face, he becomes incredibly dangerous. Until TP Link closes, he's the least competant, but once he does, well **** eh?

So.. My estimation is basicly: Moar triforces = moar winnings.

The Magic Cape allows for intangibility. Invisibility is a side bonus. I could argue that ALttP Link's lasers would be more powerful, based on that it is enchanted by a Great Fairy and even tempered. Pegasus boots are neat for being faster.

The masks will do. Magic Arrows are win as well.

Aside from TP Link, WW Link is the best with a sword. TSL can win provided ALttP takes Zelda 2, WW Link handles OoT, and MM Link deals with TP.

ScreamPaste
I'd disagree here.

Really, TP and WW Link have the advantage of being 5th gen. It's very heavily hinted the one teaching TP Link is infact OoT Link, however. aLttP Link starts out by outswording a bunch of soldiers and infiltrating Hyrule castle, ect.

Besides, TBL has superior sword range. I figure, as long as TP Link isn't stuck fighting aLttP Link, TBL has the advantage. Also, intangibility's never worked on Link before, his weapons seem to effect intangible and incorporeal enemies.

MooCowofJustice
TSL seems to have better variety and in general be faster. This is why item sharing might make it more even.

And if intangibility won't work, we'll just have to use the Cane of Byrna.

ScreamPaste
TSL has two sets of invulnerability, and both are limitted by magic.

TBL has two, one limitted by rupees, the other by magic, and one Link who can boost durability indefinitely.

I don't think TSL would be faster, as TBL is just older more fit TSL. I can certainly outrun and outreflex my ten year old self.

MooCowofJustice
TSL's magic supply is far greater than TBL's. If they were allowed to share items we could give ALttP a Chateu Romani.

ScreamPaste
If you give aLttP Chateau and he pops an invuln, he soloes flat out. Fortunately somethign that unbalanced isn't allowed, and his invuln is limmited =P

I'd argue that in terms of magic, with the exception of TP Link, obviously, they're all comparable, the main difference being their spells. Zelda II Link has the most of these. It's also possible that not having the ToC could mean less magic power overall for aLttP Link, but I can't prove that.

Imho, against most enemies, aLttP Link is one of the most dangerous, but against another Link, his lack of ToC is a little bit crippling.

I maintain that overall TBL has the greater chance, so long as TP Link isn't forced to fight aLttP Link, because he'd certainly lose.

MooCowofJustice
I still maintain that TSL could win if they go with the specifications I gave. TP is a walking target for WW's magic items. The Skull Hammer is a cool toy, too. I still think ALttP Link can beat OoT without the ToC, and and MM Link can take OoT Link based on prior knowledge of all that HoT has while OoT does not (thanks 5L).

Yes, I realize I reversed MM and WW. Ironic considering MM is a flipped WW.

ScreamPaste
Prior knowledge of what OoT Link has wouldn't help MM Link that much, especially not if OoT Link is fighting aLttP Link first. I also believe OoT Link's invuln would last longer based entirely on my theory that the ToC means moar majikz. If this is false, they have equal magic, and there invuln's will both wear off at the same time, and OoT Link can most likely outfight aLttP Link.

I'd call WW Link and TP Link 50:50 in a fight, at range, WW has the magic arrows of rape, and up close, TP Link has physical fitness and sword range. (While being a child in fiction means nothing, I think someone as a child will still be less capable than themself as an adult. An important distinction, because basing capability on age is fallacious, where when it's the same person (pretty much), it makes a bit more sense.)

MM Link is a real wild card. He has an assload of abilities, and infinite magic. He needs to be put down in a hurry, and I think Zelda II Link or OoT Link would be the best choice for this, but that TP Link in magic armour could get through a hail of arrow fire before his rupees ran out.

The thing about MM Link, is he has no invuln or defense magic like the others. He's a glass cannon, sort of.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Round one: Team Small Link

Round two: Composite Link loses.

Edit: Wait, I gotta get 5L off ignore so I can reply to that post.

You had me on ignore? It was the Midna jokes, wasn't it? stick out tongue

I don't know about you guys, but I never got the feeling that the Hero's Shade was HoT. Even the "my child" line didn't strike me as a connection. The only thing that gives the argument a glimmer of hope imo is the fact that the blade of the sword the Hero's Shade uses looks awfully similar to that of the Master Sword.

ScreamPaste
You had me on ignore? It was the Midna jokes, wasn't it? stick out tongue

I don't know about you guys, but I never got the feeling that the Hero's Shade was HoT. Even the "my child" line didn't strike me as a connection. The only thing that gives the argument a glimmer of hope imo is the fact that the blade of the sword the Hero's Shade uses looks awfully similar to that of the Master Sword. The Hero's Shade admits to having been the hero. no expression

LLLLLink
Yeah, I read that part, but it seemed too vague.

LLLLLink
Yeah, I read that part, but it seemed too vague.

Also, it totally destroys the incarnation idea. By what means would there be two incarnations of the same hero?

ScreamPaste
It actually really doesn't.

The Link's are still seperate people with seperate experiences and skills as they led different lives, the Shade would only be a manifestation of OoT Link's regret, not his spirit.

When you consider that everything the Hero's Shade says and does points to him being a Link from times past, the only obvious one is OoT Link himself. Zelda canon only has one "The Hero", and that's who the Shade says he comes from.

LLLLLink

The Link's are still seperate people with seperate experiences and skills as they led different lives, the Shade would only be a manifestation of OoT Link's regret, not his spirit.

You gotta remember, I'm a literal-legendist and a fact monster. wink
What you said is plausible (MM Darmani comes to mind), but I don't believe the timeline to begin with (oh s***, I said the "T" word...).

Whatever, I'll roll with it for now. There is nothing in OoT to relinquish the idea.

ScreamPaste
I was actually thinking about Darmani as I typed that stick out tongue But yeah, the timeline is a headache.

LLLLLink
I was actually thinking about Darmani as I typed that stick out tongue But yeah, the timeline is a headache.

I sensed your thoughts. no expression

Sin_Volvagia
I don't think aLttP Link can compete with Zelda II Link, tbh. Zelda II Link has moar sword lasers, including lightning and fire

That's nothing compared to the Medallions which can shower the area with explosions, or freeze the entire place. I'd even say they're superior to OoT Link's "magic arrows of rape".

I don't see what abilities the ToC even has besides possibly giving Link anymore courage.

It's not gonna be any use when the Medallions are used and besides, LttP Link has a mirror shield that pretty much does the same thing minus lightning and powerful projectiles.

Just about any Link can heal himself with bottled potions.

LttP Link's medallions eat those arrows. He also has the superior Master Sword which became tempered and later enchanted by a fairy. And his Mirror Shield reflects projectiles instead of just absorbing ice and fire.

ScreamPaste
Here's a claim I'd like to see you prove against evidence.. erm

ALttP Link's medallions all drain his magic, which will shorten his invuln, and therefore his time in the fight, as lacking the ToC, every Link on TBL can out fight him. Also, magic arrows v.s. AoE's are a trade off. Range for .. Well, AoE.

Also, the end of aLttP still calls it the master sword, just how canon it's upgraded versions are is dubious.

The Scenario
I'm not entirely sure who would win here. Both teams have some strong Links.

Basic rundown, in my opinion:

TP Link- Least powerful magically, though bomb arrows and hawkeye make him formidable at range. One of the best swordsmen, however. Magic Armor gives him some freedom to do what he wants.

OoT Link- The most balanced, I think. Great magical offense and defense, and pretty good swordsman. Nayru's Love gives some freedom, as well. Mirror shield for arrows.

Zelda 2 Link- Magical powerhouse. Reflect can take care of just about any ranged attack and his other spells are great offense. Good swordsman, and best jumper.

MM Link- Not many masks would be very useful, but nothing prevents him from going Fierce Deity. Otherwise, the Gilded Sword and Great Fairy sword are great weapons. He has Chateau Romani, but without much to use it with, it's a mixed blessing.

WW Link- Magic Armor also gives him freedom to do whatever. He's also the best swordsman, in my opinion. Good magic, and his arrows seem to be more powerful than any others.

ALttP- Another magical powerhouse. Lots of AoEs and spells of that nature. Cane of Byrna and Magic Cape give the same freedom as near everyone else.

My prediction? Absolutely nothing happens for the first 2 minutes while everyone has some form of invulnerability up. MM, lacking one, will probaly go down first. This will last until the magic runs out, at which point TBL should win due to numerical advantage. But then again, I still think WW Link could pull a win.

Sin_Volvagia

Also, the end of aLttP still calls it the master sword, just how canon it's upgraded versions are is dubious.

Where did you get the idea that the Master Sword changes its name? It's still the same sword except heated and with a powerful enchantment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.