Do you consider it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
smile Do you consider it, strange or odd,to go to the movies alone?

smile Also how many of you go to the movies on your own?

I myself,Have only once,to see Saw 6,but planning to go on my own a lot more,once I get a new car

Blinky
I go to the movies alone a lot these days. First time I've been single for 5 years, I love it. Though people often probably look at me and think "what a loser" -- they are right.

Impediment
I loathe going to the cinema because of rude talkers/cell phoners/babies, etc.

I usually go to the cinema only if it's a film I really, really want to see. I saw The Dark Knight on opening night. However, I went to see G.I. Joe 18 days after it's release out of sheer boredom.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, it's fine to go alone.

However, my ex dragged me to see Brokeback Mountain years ago. There were two guys sitting in front of us. THAT was odd.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Blinky
Though people often probably look at me and think "what a loser" -- they are right.

smokin' See,society kinds of annoys me like this,I mean when I went to see Saw 6 on my own,I was in a relationship,but my partner was not into movies like that,plus I was going to actually go with my sister but she was busy,I think people need to know the full story before they look at you and assume you are a loser

smile I mean,what's the big deal about going to the movies alone anyway? All of us probably watch movies alone at home,is it such a big difference?

Myth
Going alone while in high school is a big no no. You are just asking for mockery. There should be somebody available to go with you.

Now, as you get older and settle down with somebody, the average person is not as well connected with friend networks. People get busy lives with different schedules (most high schoolers are on the same schedule as each other). Thus, sometimes you contact the few people you see movies with, and if nobody else cares to see the movie or are simply too busy, the only option is to see it by yourself. Plus, being "cool" stops being such a factor later in one's life.

MildPossession
There is nothing wrong with going to the cinema on your own, and if someone tells you that your are an idiot(or you have morons at your high school that mock you in a negative way) then ignore the *****, not worth knowing in your life.

I don't know about America, but here in Britain no one was mocked for going to the cinema alone at my high school. A lot did, as well as going together.

It is nice to go with friends though, but if busy and so on, there is NO problem seeing a film on your own at the cinema.

The Nuul
Do whatever that would help you heal!

Wanderer11
There is nothing wrong with going to the cinema by yourself. I have done it many times in the past and have actually enjoyed the experience.

Mr. Rhythmic
I don't mind it. In fact, there are some movies I'd prefer to see alone.

That ACDC Chick
i think its a lot more fun cause when you go with people, you get distracted a lot of times
i saw Watchmen, 9, the Grudge 2 and Saw IV alone and had a great time smile

super pr*xy
not since i got married.. but before that, always. i find it very refreshing. i can concentrate on the movie 100%.. no one bugs me about what was said, or what happened in the previous scene, or ask me "what was that guys name again?" during the movie.. ironically, now that i have a wife and i have to take her with me, she does exactly those things.. lol..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.