Cheapest abilities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
What characters have the cheapest/most unfair abilities? Not in terms of pure power but things that are just broken. Like for example the Basanos from Lucifer, they can look into a being's future and see any way that it could possibly die, then cause that death to materialize instantly.

Keep in mind I'm looking for creative abilities, so just basic reality warping/omnipotence doesn't count.

psycho gundam
zatanna = brokeness

Wild Shadow
Midnighter's ability to run million scenarios and somehow how cause that specific event to occur by following that specific combat scenario... laughing sick

galactusischere
Mxy.

psycho gundam
he's not necessarily cheap though, he's supposed to be from a higher plane of existence than the world he interacts with.

ares834
Mr. Immortal.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by ares834
Mr. Immortal. how so it isnt like he is made invulnerable he can be knocked out and he is a putz in h2h he is comic relief.

ares834
I just think immortaltiy is one of the cheapest powers ever.

Lord Feron
Easily Blink... she isnt really all that amazing except she can teleport you chest to the moon if she wanted to...

manx422
Quasar n Firestorm

Wild Shadow
Superman and him possessing every physical power possible and having no cap or limit that is routinely shown to have no limit when he digs in just a little more into his reserves to reach new heights of power lvls for the specific story.

Q99
There is a big difference between "Cheap" and "overpowered". People keep mentioning powerful stuff, which isn't the same thing.

Cheap abilities are one that do stuff like win quickly and easily even against people a lot more powerful than you, generally by bypassing the normal way of doing things.

For example, Scorpion-Carmilla Black is, at most, slightly enhanced physically due to having all the toxins and such cleared out of her. But she has a poison hand, which can potentially one-shot all kinds of people, once absorbed part of a Venom symbiont (while still being deadly to the touch of the original!), and can be amped by giving her stronger poisons to process up to insane levels. Any poison, pretty much any amount, she's good.

Or, Squirrel Girl. Sending squirrels against Thanos or Doom is just *cheap*.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Easily Blink... she isnt really all that amazing except she can teleport you chest to the moon if she wanted to...

The EXiles have several cheap abilities. Blink can kill just about anything if she gets creative and mean enough, and Nocturne's possession is also really cheap, she leaps into you, uses your body, and can fire energy bolts from it. And if she leaves? You're asleep for 24 hours, even if you're Wolverine.

SamZED
^Superman isnt cheap because he's powerful. He's cheap because he's AS powerful as he NEEDS to be in every situation. And it goes not only for his strength.

Q99
Eh, he's been outstrengthed, speed, etc. etc. before, even when he would need to to win.

He'll come back with another way, maybe an ally or trick or something, but he's not no-limits across the board or anything.

Warlord
Flash...superspeed + speed steal

JakeTheBank
Anything like a soul suck/life essence drain.

AsbestosFlaygon
Johnny Sorrow's death stare

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Johnny Sorrow's death stare

Yeah, that's pretty damn cheap.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Anything like a soul suck/life essence drain. i know you aint trying to refer to my boy warlock in that veiled reference.
cool

anyways Saint of Killers and his bullets as well as invulnerability like jugg

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, Juggernaut is too invulnerable.

Too invulnerable that most of his disillusioned fans believe that he is more durable than Cytorrak, and even Galactus.

Also, Gentleman Ghost and his absurd levels of intangibility.

Martian_mind
Ragman.

If by cheap you mean ****ing awesome.

JakeTheBank
Too invulnerable that most of his disillusioned fans believe that he is more durable than Cytorrak, and even Galactus.

Q99
Jenny Sparks and Elijah Snow could, respectively, fry/free your brain from the inside out. Jenny with your own electrical impulses.

The cheapest in DC against magic users: Black Alice. She takes your power *and* gets to use it herself. She can even take multiple. The only limit is the more power, the shorter she holds on to it, but still. Cheap.

Rumour from the umbrella academy is the cheapest, anything she says immediatelly becomes true.

Shadowcat and phasing people into things is pretty broken too.

Placidity
Any high level telepath. If you don't have sufficient resistance (most don't, I hate how PIS randomly gives someone specific telepathic resistance when its convenient), its over from the get-go.

Q99
Wonder Woman has a lot of broken items.

As Genocide used the lasso, it was extremely broken, but even normally it has auto-won her some battles against pretty tough foes.

The sword/axe/tiara are somewhat broken too.

AsbestosFlaygon
Lantern rings are pretty cheap weapons, too.

cypher and batgirl have a pretty broken thing going on in terms of street levellers

Q99
Yea, definitely. And it's cheap in non-combat situations too, especially for Doug.

If Batgirl wasn't so socially stunted, telling what people think by looking at them would give her a major leg up in every day situations.

Mshinu
Time travel
Power copying
Prescience
Intangebility (sp?)

godking
A Healing factor is easily one of the cheapest powers to have.

I say this knowing that the usual suspects will criticize this for obvious reasons.

The Nuul
Superman fanboys think that he can super combo KO anyone including Galactus level because they dont have the speed or reflexes.

Nihilist
Invulnerability.

Colossus-Big C
infinity gaunlet
UN
HOTI
things like that

Q99
Infinite Gauntlet and such is more overwhelming than cheap. It is the complete harnessed power of a high universal entity.

Originally posted by godking
A Healing factor is easily one of the cheapest powers to have.

I say this knowing that the usual suspects will criticize this for obvious reasons.

See, it's sorta cheap in a physical fight, but most of the time it just makes it harder for the other person but they can still win.

Unless it's really "erase all damage" healing factor, and not one like Wolverine's where he can get worn out if he has to heal enough in a protracted fight.

I think Phasing is a lot cheaper. Especially if combined with a way to attack while phased.

Come to think of it, X-men Forever Kitty Pride is pretty cheap, or at least will be with practice. She's a phaser... with an adamantium claw. At least with Wolverine you could knock him back or restrain him or something, but she's phasey and claw-y at the same time!

The Nuul
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
infinity gaunlet
UN
HOTI
things like that

I guess they can give someone abilities...

Parmaniac
counter vibration...

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Parmaniac
counter vibration...
...and T-Vo.

Parmaniac
...and T-Vo. what is T-Vo? I've read that several times but have absolutely no clue what it means.

Colossus-Big C
Intellect

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Parmaniac
what is T-Vo? I've read that several times but have absolutely no clue what it means.
Torquasm Vo.
A Kryptonian discipline, something like a yin-yang-yoga-Avatar-the-Last-Airbender shit.
It was the only way Superman defeated Dominus.

One of the prime examples of PIS.

Blanket
Black Adam's instant kill ability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.