Zatanna runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
I know little about how powerful she is but everytime I see a thread with her some smartass goes - Zatanna wins "incert any name backwards ied" Shouldn't by that logic she be able to kill ANYONE? So how powerful is she? Here's the gauntlet.

Thing
Colossus
Wolverine
Namor
Storm
Sue Richards
Lobo
Thor
Superman
Thanos
Doc Strange "cod eid"
Trigon
Galactus "sutcalag eid"

She's willing to kill and WILL use THE spell + she's allowed to get the first shot. So who dies via the "lanubirt gnivil eid" spell and who lives?

Lord Feron
Thanos smiles at zatannas mnost powerful attacks. The procededes to pimp slap her.

ares834
Cuuld she actually take down Thor though...

manx422
clears it with ease

galactusischere
^ lol.

She stops at Thor.

manx422
Originally posted by galactusischere
She makes Thor her *****. thumb up

galactusischere
Originally posted by manx422
I can't ever vote for marvel characters
thumb up

Prep-Man
Stops at Thing. It's Clobbering Time!

basilisk
Originally posted by SamZED
I know little about how powerful she is but everytime I see a thread with her some smartass goes - Zatanna wins "incert any name backwards ied" Shouldn't by that logic she be able to kill ANYONE? So how powerful is she? Here's the gauntlet.

Thing
Colossus
Wolverine
Namor
Storm
Sue Richards
Lobo
Thor
Superman
Thanos
Doc Strange "cod eid"
Trigon
Galactus "sutcalag eid"

She's willing to kill and WILL use THE spell + she's allowed to get the first shot. So who dies via the "lanubirt gnivil eid" spell and who lives?

She was able to hurt that Starbreaker guy who seemed immensely powerful. I'd say she would kill most of these guys easily given the first shot free scenario.

Like Starbreaker Galactus would survive, but depending on power level he may get hurt - the Galactus who got combo owned by Thor, Dr. Strange, and the FF would get hurt, while the galaxy busting Galactus not really. Trigon likewise probably survives OK.

Guys like Thanos and Thor I'm not so sure, but given this is first shot allowed and given what happened to Starbreaker, I think they go down.

It would have been interesting to see what happened to Lobo in that hell mini-series if Zatanna just tried to make him die or disintegrate him rather than flaying him etc.

manx422
Originally posted by galactusischere
She maims galactus thumb up

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Stops at Thing. It's Clobbering Time!

LOL.

Zatanna: "gnihT eiD."
Thing: "It's clobbering time!"
*Zatanna KTFO*

SamZED
Originally posted by manx422
clears it with ease Im kinda used to you thinking that any DC character can beat any Marvel character by "clears it" and with ease? Even with Trigon on the list? She was one of a million superheros he pwned upon his arrival to earth.

AsbestosFlaygon
Stops @ Superman.

He simply has too many feats to prove that he moves faster than human speech.

He punches her head off before she even utters a word.

Warlord
Zatana destroys them all at once via LLA EID

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Warlord
Zatana destroys them all at once via LLA EID
Superman won't give her the chance to utter that word.

Superman speedblitz in a nanosec, and punches her right in the kisser.

the ninjak
What a cheap character

Warlord
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

I was kidding...even if she had the time to speak those words she would not succeed

basilisk

But it says she is allowed first shot.

AsbestosFlaygon
Then everyone dies except for Galactus and maybe Trigon.

Warlord
she couldn't do it to the sorceress gamnenae I doubt she could do it to Strange at his original levels and Thanos

Nihilist
Stops @ Thor.

Konton
If she gets the first shot every time, then she easily gets to Thanos. Once she's got momentum she pretty much does what she wants with you, like the Lobo fight for example. Ripped the skin from his body, made him bleed with a word, etc. Everyone up to Thor would be taken out by her simplest spell ("pots"wink anyway.

I fully believe her capable to out magic Thor and she's already proven able to put a stop to Superman. I say Thanos is a much iffier battle, with him taking the majority.

She'd wipe the floor with current Strange, IMO. Classic would stomp her, but he pretty much sucks atm.

Not sure how Trigon's holding up these days, but taken at his highest showings makes for a bad time for Zee. Galactus would crush her too.

Konton

While he would easily blitz her under normal circumstances, SHE DOESN'T NEED TO SPEAK BACKWARDS.

She says it's just a concentration exercise and PROVES it.
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/333/wonderwoman17531.th.jpg

Then you have tons of spells on panel she doesn't speak during, mostly teleportation and telepathy.

Sasaraixx
I'd switch Superman and Thor, but I think she makes it past both of them most likely. I think she stops at Thanos though. (She could be current Strange though)

Desaad
Stops at Thor, but yeah she's a plot device. Potentially she could go all the way to Dr. Strange if she's in "pots!" mode, where she just stopped JLA-owning Despero with a word.

xJLxKing
CIS Off, she can go to Trigon. If she was able to knock out a that guy who eats stars for breakfast, I think she can knock Thanos out for a few seconds to qualify for a win.

Desaad
She didn't really knock out Starbreaker, he was down for just a few moments. And the stress of it knocked her for a loop too.

One thing that is kind of insane is that she's made herself immune to spells before, though. When she faced Amazo, who had copied her abilities, she just made herself immune to her own spells. Insanity.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Desaad
She didn't really knock out Starbreaker, he was down for just a few moments. And the stress of it knocked her for a loop too.

One thing that is kind of insane is that she's made herself immune to spells before, though. When she faced Amazo, who had copied her abilities, she just made herself immune to her own spells. Insanity.
And her fight with her father in BN. It was good. Same goes with the fight with Lobo/

She seemed to have knocked him out. Whether it was for a second or two is irrelevant

Desaad
Nothing really happened with her fight with her father, did it? They just kept saying stuff at each other backwards, undoing what the other did. In the case of the Amazo battle, she just made herself immune to all spells against her, which is quite a bit more effective.

And I don't think there is necessarily any evidence that she knocked Starbreaker OUT. Stunned him, definitely, but knocked out might be strong.

Konton
The fact that she could even harm Starbreaker is what makes the feat impressive.

Desaad
Understood, but I wouldn't place too much value on just harming supposedly omnipotent beings like that. Ben Grimm has knocked over Galactus, Quasar has kept him stalemated/occupied for a good amount of time, Dr. Strange has knocked him over but good, etc.

It's just one of those staples of superhero comics. Not to discount the feat, mind you, I still take it into consideration, I just don't think it's the end-all-be-all.

Ultimately it was GL, Hardware and Dr. Light who defeated Starbreaker, anyway. Surely they'd have to get a large amount of the credit.

aztec
She stops at Trigon. This is assuming, she gets the first shot and the other characters just stand there. I've seen Zatanna freeze a room full of Magicians, Lobo, Despero etc. Her spells are powerful enough that they've knock down Amazo, and Starbreaker. Furthermore, she's a very powerful magician, who's capable of kicking ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.