Who would be strongest..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
A was looking at a Marvel Handbook a while back and saw these figures for some of the characters (all from the same edition, so comparison is fair). I found it interesting how these guys were ranked in strength and how the editors saw it at the time:

Morg: incalculable
Zuras: 50 tons
Hercules: incalculable
Juggernaut: 90 tons
Iron Man: 85 tons
Hyperion (classic Squadron Supreme): 75 tons

Correct? Was correct but now out of date? Or just plain wrong? How would you rank them in order based on strength vs strength only and no other powers or skills?

Q99
I'd say a mix between out of date and wrong. 85 seems fine for IM of the time, but IM above Hyperion? Juggs only slightly above IM? I don't think those were ever true.

KingD19
Yeah, Juggy is just as incalculable as Herc, putting him at 90 tons is a terrible mistake.

SamZED
Maybe they meant depowered Juggs.

basilisk
Originally posted by SamZED
Maybe they meant depowered Juggs.

This was a later 80s or maybe early 90s handbook and updates, so it was definitely full power Juggs.

Placidity
Would it have been wrong that long ago?

I mean people could easily mistake his unstoppable momentum and invulnerability as insane strength. What feats did he have to his name at that time? 90 tons is quite enough to pull off some impressive feats.

Nonetheless, the relative strengths on the list is off.

AsbestosFlaygon
Is Juggernaut as strong as he is durable?

I doubt it, since I heard he got trapped under a mountain, and couldn't even rip off and lift said mountain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.