wolverine vs drax the destroyer (current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
straight up fight to the death

Black bolt z
drax

dmills
Drax easily.

the ninjak
Green Bruce Willis Baby!!!!

K Von Doom
He seemed more like a green Riddick

Enyalus
Drax wins. On the rizzle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus
Drax wins. On the rizzle.

For shizzle?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
straight up fight to the death Wolverine.... eek!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
For shizzle?
Bo dizzle.

Mindset
Ho hizzle

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Mindset
Ho hizzle SHUT UP ALREADY.... mad

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
straight up fight to the death wolverine wins if just because he can live a lot longer, as it IS a fight to the DEATH. so it could end when drax dies of old age

Mindset
Originally posted by nicamarvin
SHUT UP ALREADY.... mad po pizzle

nicamarvin
po pizzle ....blowup

Black bolt z
po pizzle

BO Bizzle

dmills
fo fizzle.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine carves up Drax (aka Space Warpath...aka Knife Wolverine). smile

carver9
Hoe fizzle

the ninjak
Drax casually fought through an armada of Annihilation drones to get to Thanos.
Logan probably would been eaten and an hour later ripped out of one of their stomachs!
Green Bruce Willis FTW.

Bo Wizzle!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by the ninjak
Drax casually fought through an armada of Annihilation drones to get to Thanos.
Logan probably would been eaten and an hour later ripped out of one of their stomachs!
Green Bruce Willis FTW.

Bo Wizzle!

Tell me more about the fodder he killed! eek!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

the ninjak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Tell me more about the fodder he killed! eek!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

During Thanos' attempt to bring the war to an end Drax Bloodlusted (through knowledge of Thanos being there) went NUTS but still focused and fought his way through thousands of Annhilius' war insects.

GotG members are hard to level due to so many characters in every issue and great writing. But to be Destroyer level means cosmically that you are pretty much unequalled in H2H skills.

Nova needed Drax to train him in order to fight Annhilus and Drax held his own against FULL WORLDMIND LEVEL NOVA.

And Nova would kill Logan too!

srankmissingnin
During Thanos' attempt to bring the war to an end Drax Bloodlusted (through knowledge of Thanos being there) went NUTS but still focused and fought his way through thousands of Annhilius' war insects.

GotG members are hard to level due to so many characters in every issue and great writing. But to be Destroyer level means cosmically that you are pretty much unequalled in H2H skills.

Nova needed Drax to train him in order to fight Annhilus and Drax held his own against FULL WORLDMIND LEVEL NOVA.

And Nova would kill Logan too!

Once again, killing a score of cannon fodder drones at a time isn't really impressive.

Second of all. Nova needed Drax help with self control and discipline because he was scared of his powers or some junk. Not really seeing how that is an argument for him being able to beat Wolverine.

Thirdly Nova raged stomped Drax into the ground without even trying, while telling Drax to give up over and over again because he didn't want to have to hurt or kill him.

Fourthly Nova can fly, teleport, create sheilds and has ranged abilities. Drax is a melee bruiser who is A) slower than Wolverine B) an inferior fighter and C) lacks the durability or a healing factor significant enough to compensate for Wolverine's claws. I'm not on an accountant, but I don't need to be one to know that the single check of "Class 70 strength" in the Drax advantage column doesn't even begin to make up for all his disadvantages.

Black bolt z
Wo Wizzle.

Also I agree with both youur logic.I believe drax has an edge just do to the fact that he was created by an abstract level being(kronos).

quanchi112
Drax wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Drax wins. Your always strait to the point aren't you?No explanation why you just flat out say "thanos wins" "Drax wins".Care to give a reason why?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Your always strait to the point aren't you?No explanation why you just flat out say "thanos wins" "Drax wins".Care to give a reason why?

No ones going to be able to tell you why Drax would win, because it can't be explained by the train of thought from anyone of sound mind.

Drax is slower than Wolverine. Drax is vastly inferior skill wise (but zomg he beat a random no body who was a Dwi Theet master! durr... seriously, take a hike). Drax lacks the durability to turn Wolverine claws, or a healing factor powerful enough to compensate for the massive about of damage he is going to take. BUT ZOMG HOLD TEH FONE HE IS STRONGER! Which saddly, and inexplicably is usually enough to trick the herds of sheeple on KMC that a character is waaaaaaaaay too much for Wolverine. Whats Wolverine going to do against someone who is stronger than he is? Stab him? Like that makes sense. Wait, what?

Also Drax is from space! He's Hulk Riddick! Wolverine is a man from earth. How a earth man going to beat Space Kratos? Use your head. eek!

Doctor-Alvis
That post tried to be AC so hard.

Wild Shadow
Wolverine wins gets the majority here.

Lord Feron
Once again, killing a score of cannon fodder drones at a time isn't really impressive.

Second of all. Nova needed Drax help with self control and discipline because he was scared of his powers or some junk. Not really seeing how that is an argument for him being able to beat Wolverine.

Thirdly Nova raged stomped Drax into the ground without even trying, while telling Drax to give up over and over again because he didn't want to have to hurt or kill him.

Fourthly Nova can fly, teleport, create sheilds and has ranged abilities. Drax is a melee bruiser who is A) slower than Wolverine B) an inferior fighter and C) lacks the durability or a healing factor significant enough to compensate for Wolverine's claws. I'm not on an accountant, but I don't need to be one to know that the single check of "Class 70 strength" in the Drax advantage column doesn't even begin to make up for all his disadvantages. thumb up

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That post tried to be AC so hard. SHUT UP.... mad

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That post tried to be AC so hard.

If that is directed at me, I'm fairly certain I wasn't trying to be anyone... and that post was very similar in tone to virtually all the posts I've made on this forum over the last six years.

Or maybe AC is my sock account? Who can say?

kgkg
Isn't Wolverine just a man how can he win.

nicamarvin
Or maybe AC is my sock account? Who can say? SHUT UP..... mad

nicamarvin
Originally posted by kgkg
Isn't Wolverine just a man how can he win. You take that Back.... mad

Mindset
No ones going to be able to tell you why Drax would win, because it can't be explained by the train of thought from anyone of sound mind.

Drax is slower than Wolverine. Drax is vastly inferior skill wise (but zomg he beat a random no body who was a Dwi Theet master! durr... seriously, take a hike). Drax lacks the durability to turn Wolverine claws, or a healing factor powerful enough to compensate for the massive about of damage he is going to take. BUT ZOMG HOLD TEH FONE HE IS STRONGER! Which saddly, and inexplicably is usually enough to trick the herds of sheeple on KMC that a character is waaaaaaaaay too much for Wolverine. Whats Wolverine going to do against someone who is stronger than he is? Stab him? Like that makes sense. Wait, what?

Also Drax is from space! He's Hulk Riddick! Wolverine is a man from earth. How a earth man going to beat Space Kratos? Use your head. eek! Shut up.

See, that's how you win a debate. Now srank knows who the boss is. smile

srankmissingnin
How Wolverine going to win Drax made to be strong, so don't be dumb, he green like an orc or even the Hulk, but he has red paint like Kratos and tuff like Conan he is space orc, hulk, conan, riddick, warpath and he knives are sharp, wolverine will be like grrrr, Draxx strong tho so be punch his balls off cuz he lives in space and space is hardr den earth for living so he is tufff and he killed alien bugs so what wolverine going to do?

Mindset
Drax would probably just emasculate Wolverine with his presence, leaving Logan in a quivering fetal position.

srankmissingnin
Is it possible for a man with a shaved hairless body emasculate anyone?

Survivor19
It's possible, if the man in question is Drax.
Anyway, with prep Drax comfortably gets majority. Without, he can still get some wins, maybe 3 r 4, 'cuse he is just that good. He has the power of interrupting monologues, after all...

nicamarvin
Shut up.
you Shut up.... mad

dmills
Drax. Too strong, too fast, too skilled.

OneDumbG0
Drax. He destroys stuff. And Wolverine is stuff.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Drax. He destroys stuff. And Wolverine is stuff. except his bones are laced with adamantium.... erm

OneDumbG0
^ The rest of him is destroyed.

Starscream M
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Drax. He destroys stuff. And Wolverine is stuff. hulk is more powerful than drax...and wolverine holds his own against hulk.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Starscream M
hulk is more powerful than drax...and wolverine holds his own against hulk. .. rock

srankmissingnin
How Wolverine going to win Drax made to be strong, so don't be dumb, he green like an orc or even the Hulk, but he has red paint like Kratos and tuff like Conan he is space orc, hulk, conan, riddick, warpath and he knives are sharp, wolverine will be like grrrr, Draxx strong tho so be punch his balls off cuz he lives in space and space is hardr den earth for living so he is tufff and he killed alien bugs so what wolverine going to do?

Mindset
hulk is more powerful than drax...and wolverine holds his own against hulk. He's also a brawler.

srankmissingnin
He's also a brawler.

He also heals fast enough to negate any damage Wolverine does to him. Drax does not.

dmills
He also heals fast enough to negate any damage Wolverine does , drax does not. You sure about that?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by dmills
You sure about that?

Yes, and now you are too. How fortunate for you that I am here to help inform you about these things. cool

Mindset
He also heals fast enough to negate any damage Wolverine does to him. Drax does not. Which doesn't really have anything to do with my post.

srankmissingnin
Which doesn't really have anything to do with my post.

I thought you where saying that Wolverine holds his own against the Hulk because the Hulk is a barely, where as Drax has some semblance of skill?

If thats what you are saying, then my post is relevant because if the Hulk didn't have a healing factor, Wolverine would have killed him... much like he will Drax....

confused

Mindset
I thought you where saying that Wolverine holds his own against the Hulk because the Hulk is a barely, where as Drax has some semblance of skill?

If thats what you are saying, then my post is relevant because if the Hulk didn't have a healing factor, Wolverine would have killed him... much like he will Drax....

confused My post was meant to point out that they are two very different characters in both how they fight and what they are capable of so there's no point in comparing them.

dmills
Drax is extremely durable and seems to heal pretty quickly (see Nova fight) He also has some psionic abilities and super heightened senses. And cosmic marvel fans know how potent he is in h2h.

Drax.

the ninjak
Drax....He is a better fighter if Logan is focused and will laugh him off if Logan resorted to Berserker Rage.
Srankmissing I'm aware that Nova would beat him if he used his full arsenal but fighting Nova with his full speed in H2H combat is Beastly.

Original Smurph
These are exactly the types of fights that Wolverine excels in.

dmills
^^^He excels in fighting people who are faster, stronger as skilled and with cosmic powers?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Original Smurph
These are exactly the types of fights that Wolverine excels in.
^^^He excels in fighting people who are faster, stronger as skilled and with cosmic powers?
Ever since Annhiliation and GotG I've considered Drax to be Wolvey 2.0

Battlehammer
Drax not faster then him, Drax actaully slower.........yes wolverien excells at beating stronger guys who have infererior speed and skill which drax does.

Battlehammer
Ever since Annhiliation and GotG I've considered Drax to be Wolvey 2.0
He did almost nothing during that run but kill connon fodder bugs that were not impressive............

srankmissingnin
Drax....He is a better fighter if Logan is focused and will laugh him off if Logan resorted to Berserker Rage.
Srankmissing I'm aware that Nova would beat him if he used his full arsenal but fighting Nova with his full speed in H2H combat is Beastly.

confused

Drax has one skill feet. He beat a random alien fodder with one appearance, who was a master of six disciplines of a single martial art style. Thats it. Other than that he has killed some fodder. Awesome! Now he's Batman! Seriously, get your heads out of your asses, the suggestion that he is anywhere near the same level as Wolverine is absurd. Wolverine is one of the best fighters in Marvel, Drax is not.

Clearly you have no concept of what Wolverine's Berserker Rage is. Wolverine doesn't hate his Berserker Rage and fight it with every waking moment with every fiber of his being because it makes him sloppy and weak, he strives to remain in control because it makes him too good. Berserker Wolverine is the perfect killing machine, created perfect by nature and improved upon by science. He thinks much faster, he moves much faster, he's much stronger, and he is more skilled. He is the best there is at what he does.

Berserker Wolverine is what fighters and strive for when they tireless train for years and years for the right combat responses to become second nature to them, an unconscious reaction floating around in the subconscious, only its not second nature to Wolverine, its first nature. Every fiber of Wolverine's being is screaming at him to fight and kill at every second of every day. Foundamentally is the same as Sabretooth except Logan spends his every waking hour trying to control his instincts, where as Creed just allows them to do their business. Wolverine hasn't traveled the world to learn every martial art disciple to become a better fighter - he never needed too he was a great fighter by design - he's done it to gain some measure of control and self discipline, so he can keep the beast caged. And thats how he fights people the majority of the time, using his immense will power to hold of the beast, while he ignores everyone of his instincts and fights with some measure of restraint. Berserker Wolverine is completely uncaged, fulling giving into the instincts Wolverine ignores normally, and so far as killing is involved his instincts are always right.

The Berserker Rage is weeks of combat compressed into minutes. It is the equivalent of a gymnast preforming a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating two super computers at chess. It is an unstopable force of nature created only to kill and its the best there is at what it does. The only down side to the Berserker Rage is that he will kill indiscriminately. Drax couldn't beat normal Wolverine and he stands NO CHANCE IN HELL against a full Berserker Rage.

the ninjak
I hear you.

It's the teams greatest downfall too much good story...not enough killin!
Most of the members are melee fighters and shooters!
Yet we see no specifics in skillsets.
Would you say Wolvey would kill Gamora and the others as well?
Because I reckon Drax is probably the deadliest amongst them.
Just not enough screen time. It's a close fight...it's just it appears that Drax's power is to put those blades where they count. And has the biology to back it.

dmills
Love that rant! First of all, great description of Wolvie beserker rage. I knew that it was only a matter of time before someone brought out the ol "olympic gymnist supercomputer chess" schtick. You Wolvie fans have that thing memorized like the cub scout pledge!

At any rate, Drax is like that at all times. And his best feat isn't beating the hell out of Impact, his best feat is ripping Thanos's beating heart out of his chest. A feat that ol' Logan can never hope to replicate. Ever. (Double negative)

It's great that Wolvie was enhanced by human science to be the perfect killing machine. Drax was enhanced by Mentor and Kronos to be the perfect killing machine. A killing machine designed to kill the ultimate killer. His latest incarnation is designed for cqb, spec op's and land warfare. He doesn't tire, doesn't need to eat or sleep, has ridiculous strength and durability, has a brilliant tactical mind and is sleeker, quicker and smarter then his previous incarnations. Oh and he still has some cosmic power, awareness and at least class 75 strength on top of being a h2h master on par with Gamora. Logan is outclassed period.

psycho gundam
nice reply

dmills
I hear you.

Just not enougAll true. But for the purposes of this battle, just because wolvie has a more well known rogues gallery due to him being on mainstream marvel earth, people shouldn't discount Drax's feats.

And that's all that matters!

srankmissingnin
I hear you.

Just not enough screen time. It's a close fight...it's just it appears that Drax's power is to put those blades where they count. And has the biology to back it.

Yeah, its the same problem Legion and JSA have, the active roster is to large to give any significant panel time to showcase their abilities. Story and character development can still be ample, but clearly defining a character's power / skill set falls to the way side.

Wolverine has already beaten Gamora like 3-4 times (although he had help and a few of them are more than possibly the same fight from different perspectives). Also, Gamora doesn't give me a raging cosmic boner so I don't place her nearly as high as other people do. Gamora is allegedly uber skilled because she stalemate Thanos in a spar, and Thanos is alegedly uber skilled because he trained Gamora. That seems like pretty circular logic to me. To me, and this is just my opinion, if a character is truly uber skilled they will have pushed the limits of what they show physically be able to and proven them selves against someone or something who is on paper far superior. This is what Batman does, its what Captain America does, its what Iron Fist does, its what Elekctra does, its what MAs do; I'm not convinced Gamora has ever done it. Have you ever seen Gamora do something outside her power set? Has she ever held her own against someone far superior because of her combat skill (other than a spar with Thanos, which is hardly an accurate depiction of how a real fight would go between them)? I don't think she has. Now this is more than partially do the the fact that she is VASTLY superhuman to begin with, but I still believe if she was truly an uber skilled MA she would be operating above her power grade like all other MAs, and that is something she hasn't done, and least not consistently. Plus... Quasar held her against her in sword play briefly. Lame.

People seem to be of the opinion that operating in space somehow gives you an automatic edge over someone because they live on earth, which is absurd. In terms of power the GoG are closer in scale to the Starjammers or the Imperial Guard (minus Gladiator), than they are the GL corpse, and outside Gladiator Wolverine has beaten most of the Imperial Guardsmen himself. Honestly, I think Wolverine has a fair shot against everyone on the GoG who's names aren't Adam Warlock, Moondragon or Quasar (or Phyla-Vell... or what ever she is calling her self right now). I don't think being in space somehow makes Rocket Raccoon the most powerful being in existence or made Corsair cosmic entity.

Drax is the type of character Wolverine was designed to beat, a melee bruiser without a healing factor or the durability to turn his claws. Wolverine is faster and more skilled, so he is going to get first blood, and his healing factor will more than compensate for an damage Drax does near instantaneously, which is a luxury Drax doesn't. Every thing Wolverine does to Drax will build on what he has done before, where as Wolverine will be operating at 100% efficiency much longer. Mean the longer the fight goes the more it tips in Wolverine's favour (and it is already in his favour at the beginning).

Wolverine has the potential to end, or drastically alter the outcome of the fight at any moment in a single well placed blow, Drax does not. A severed artery, limb, ligament, spinal column, a pictured organ, all things that would end the fight instantly in Wolverine's favour and some of these don't even require more than a incision of about an inch. In order of Drax to win this fight he would need land dozens and dozens of unanswered blows, which is absurd.

Cant say I read through this whole thing but I'll have to go with logan here, he can oneshot and is a lot tougher.

Drax is good, but going through one billion giant insects is nothing. Wolverine went through an ocean of limbo demons while he had a sword - or maybe it was claw or something - stuck into his back and through his thorax a couple of months ago. The number of demons in the picture was surreal, ven more so than the annihilation swarms, nobody goes through fodder like him.

srankmissingnin
Love that rant! First of all, great description of Wolvie beserker rage. I knew that it was only a matter of time before someone brought out the ol "olympic gymnist supercomputer chess" schtick. You Wolvie fans have that thing memorized like the cub scout pledge!

At any rate, Drax is like that at all times. And his best feat isn't beating the hell out of Impact, his best feat is ripping Thanos's beating heart out of his chest. A feat that ol' Logan can never hope to replicate. Ever. (Double negative)

It's great that Wolvie was enhanced by human science to be the perfect killing machine. Drax was enhanced by Mentor and Kronos to be the perfect killing machine. A killing machine designed to kill the ultimate killer. His latest incarnation is designed for cqb, spec op's and land warfare. He doesn't tire, doesn't need to eat or sleep, has ridiculous strength and durability, has a brilliant tactical mind and is sleeker, quicker and smarter then his previous incarnations. Oh and he still has some cosmic power, awareness and at least class 75 strength on top of being a h2h master on par with Gamora. Logan is outclassed period.

Drax beating Thanos has no bareing on any fight other than Drax vs. Thanos. Drax was created to kill Thanos. He is waking Deus Ex Machina device as far as Thanos is concerned. You might as well being arging that Kryptonite can beat Wolverine because it so effective against Superman.

I'm sorry to say that your oppinion of what Drax should be able to do isn't nearly as important as what he has been shown to do, and he hasn't shown himself to be capable of defeating Wolverine. Drax has no speed feats, certainly none that would suggest he is at or above Wolverine's level. He has no skill feats, once again, certainly none that place him at or above Wolverine's level.

Since he reincarnation he hasn't done anything that places him above Wolverine in the ways you are suggesting. My opinion of this fight is tempered by facts and hard concrete evidence of the things Wolverine has actually done. I know Wolverine is faster and more skilled than Drax because he has far better and more numerous speed and skill feats. You think Drax is faster and more skilled because he lives in space. Do you see why one of those opinions might hold more weight than the other? In order for Drax to be faster and more skilled than Wolverine he needs to prove it, you can't give him the benefit of the doubt because "ZOMG hes a Destroyer from space and theres cosmic stuff there" and just assume that he is.

I like Drax. He is like Kratos combined with Riddick (read: Wolverine), but what a character does is more important than their repuation or any arbitrary titles they may have. Drax hasn't done anything that would give him the majority against Wolverine, and I'm not giving him the benifit of the doubt because he lives in space.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
Cant say i read through this whole thin but I'll have to go with logan here, he can oneshot and is a lot tougher.

Drax is good, but going through one billion giant insects is nothing. Wolverine went through an ocean of limbo demons with a sword - or maybe it was claw or something - sticking through his thorax from his back a couple of months ago. The number of demons in the picture was surreal, nobody goes through fodder like him.

He also went through an extrademinsonal once portal and killed some much fodder that he completely blocked the entrance to the stargate with their bodies.

darthgoober
Yeah, its the same problem Legion and JSA have, the active roster is to large to give any significant panel time to showcase their abilities. Story and character development can still be ample, but clearly defining a character's power / skill set falls to the way side.

Wolverine has already beaten Gamora like 3-4 times (although he had help and a few of them are more than possibly the same fight from different perspectives). Also, Gamora doesn't give me a raging cosmic boner so I don't place her nearly as high as other people do. Gamora is allegedly uber skilled because she stalemate Thanos in a spar, and Thanos is alegedly uber skilled because he trained Gamora. That seems like pretty circular logic to me. To me, and this is just my opinion, if a character is truly uber skilled they will have pushed the limits of what they show physically be able to and proven them selves against someone or something who is on paper far superior. This is what Batman does, its what Captain America does, its what Iron Fist does, its what Elekctra does, its what MAs do; I'm not convinced Gamora has ever done it. Have you ever seen Gamora do something outside her power set? Has she ever held her own against someone far superior because of her combat skill (other than a spar with Thanos, which is hardly an accurate depiction of how a real fight would go between them)? I don't think she has. Now this is more than partially do the the fact that she is VASTLY superhuman to begin with, but I still believe if she was truly an uber skilled MA she would be operating above her power grade like all other MAs, and that is something she hasn't done, and least not consistently. Plus... Quasar held her against her in sword play briefly. Lame.

People seem to be of the opinion that operating in space somehow gives you an automatic edge over someone because they live on earth, which is absurd. In terms of power the GoG are closer in scale to the Starjammers or the Imperial Guard (minus Gladiator), than they are the GL corpse, and outside Gladiator Wolverine has beaten most of the Imperial Guardsmen himself. Honestly, I think Wolverine has a fair shot against everyone on the GoG who's names aren't Adam Warlock, Moondragon or Quasar (or Phyla-Vell... or what ever she is calling her self right now). I don't think being in space somehow makes Rocket Raccoon the most powerful being in existence or made Corsair cosmic entity.

Drax is the type of character Wolverine was designed to beat, a melee bruiser without a healing factor or the durability to turn his claws. Wolverine is faster and more skilled, so he is going to get first blood, and his healing factor will more than compensate for an damage Drax does near instantaneously, which is a luxury Drax doesn't. Every thing Wolverine does to Drax will build on what he has done before, where as Wolverine will be operating at 100% efficiency much longer. Mean the longer the fight goes the more it tips in Wolverine's favour (and it is already in his favour at the beginning).

Wolverine has the potential to end, or drastically alter the outcome of the fight at any moment in a single well placed blow, Drax does not. A severed artery, limb, ligament, spinal column, a pictured organ, all things that would end the fight instantly in Wolverine's favour and some of these don't even require more than a incision of about an inch. In order of Drax to win this fight he would need land dozens and dozens of unanswered blows, which is absurd.
In regards to Gamora fighting outside her class due to her skills, she's taken on Maxam(even before her upgrade), beaten a mind controled Terrax, stood toe to toe with Ronan while he had his Universal Weapon maxed out to levels he never used against the likes of Thor and Surfer.

Also I'm interested in hearing about these 3 or 4 wins Wolverine has against Gamora, cause from what I know of her the only time he ever put her down was a cheap shot to the gut while she was destracted...

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
beaten a mind controled Terrax dood, that's not something to brag about

srankmissingnin
In regards to Gamora fighting outside her class due to her skills, she's taken on Maxam(even before her upgrade), beaten a mind controled Terrax, stood toe to toe with Ronan while he had his Universal Weapon maxed out to levels he never used against the likes of Thor and Surfer.

Also I'm interested in hearing about these 3 or 4 wins Wolverine has against Gamora, cause from what I know of her the only time he ever put her down was a cheap shot to the gut while she was destracted...

None of those things are really that far outside her class though (with the exception of Maxam if that was before upgrades, but that guy is a mook anyway), she is already pretty high on the wrung physically.

They all happened during the Infitity Guantlets/Crusades/Whatever, events. There is the one you are talking about, and then later there is two or three examples spread out across multiple tie-ins of Wolverine and Heather throwing down with Gamora that are likely the same exchange from multiple perspectives.

darthgoober
None of those things are really that far outside her class though (with the exception of Maxam if that was before upgrades, but that guy is a mook anyway), she is already pretty high on the wrung physically.

They all happened during the Infitity Guantlets/Crusades/Whatever, events. There is the one you are talking about, and then later there is two or three examples spread out across multiple tie-ins of Wolverine and Heather throwing down with Gamora that are likely the same exchange from multiple perspectives.
Those aren't outside her class? Again Ronan maxed out his Universal Weapon...

Then the instance you're refering to happened in the Infinity War and you're remembering wrong if you're actually thinking of it as a "win" for him. He tackled her from behind and then he and Heather each held one arm while Strong Guy ran up and KO'd her. If you have a tie in I haven't seen that shows more though I'd honestly love to see it as the battle between the Infinity Watch and Earth's heroes is one of my favorites...

darthgoober
dood, that's not something to brag about
I'm not really bragging, but it's a better feat than you're giving her credit for to take on a herald like she did...

srankmissingnin
Those aren't outside her class? Again Ronan maxed out his Universal Weapon...

Then the instance you're refering to happened in the Infinity War and you're remembering wrong if you're actually thinking of it as a "win" for him. He tackled her from behind and then he and Heather each held one arm while Strong Guy ran up and KO'd her. If you have a tie in I haven't seen that shows more though I'd honestly love to see it as the battle between the Infinity Watch and Earth's heroes is one of my favorites...

Yeah but wasn't Ronan mostly meleeing her? I don't really remember him using the abilities of Universal Weapon very effectively in that fight. Ronan himself is only about class 75-80 or there abouts in his armor, so Gamora hanging with him in a slugfest is right in the parameters of her attributes. As to why Ronan didn't just selectively disable the gravity around Gamora and finish her off while she was floating helplessly? I don't know? Maybe Thor taught him to use his abilities in the least effective way possible? /shrug

There is about three or four of those little exchanges spread out over Infinity War, not sure about the issues though. I just clearly remember seeing it slightly different in a few panels in several different books across that event.

Starscream M
I'm not really bragging, but it's a better feat than you're giving her credit for to take on a herald like she did... terrax is literally the cosmic rhino...he beats himself half the time

dmills
If Logan tries go fight Drax the same way he fights hulk then he's going to get stomped hard. You seem to forget that he fights like a brawler himself most of the time. And the last time I checked, this is KMC so CIS is on unless the OP say's otherwise. Drax stomps.

Mindset
terrax is literally the cosmic rhino...he beats himself half the time How many times has Terrax actually lost because of CIS?

Starscream M
How many times has Terrax actually lost because of CIS? he lost to ben grimm, a barely cl100er. that's just jobberish for a herald of galactus.

Mindset
So once?

Starscream M
So once? yeah...I only read 2 of his appearances...so 50%.

Black bolt z
Srank you are defintly not giving darx enough credit.You are explaining a whole bunch of feats that wolverine has and how could so totally own drax but you are not giving the other side of the story.Drax is immensly powerful esspecially if he has the power gem(which i'll assume he doesn't)and has stood up to some very powerful people like thanos and thor.

He can also fly and just shoot wolvie with his power cosmic.That would be cheap but so is the argument about wolverine killing him with a nick to the right spot.Don't pull that kind of thing up unless he uses that kind of thing like gamora does.

You also seem to forget that drax has very good durability and can take tons of hit from a lot of people.Has wolverine ever been flown through a sun and survived?Has he ever been blasted(he was holding back though)by the SS.

You are pulling up some valid arguments about wolverine but you need to show what makes wolvie more powerful then drax.Drax has not much speed feats and almost no skill feats and wolvie(to my knowledge)doesn't use many feats either.

BRB gotta eat dinner.

Enyalus
Most of your post has zero relevance, BBZ, because the stuff you're talking about didn't happen with the current incarnation of Drax, who is very different from his previous two versions.

srankmissingnin
Srank you are defintly not giving darx enough credit.You are explaining a whole bunch of feats that wolverine has and how could so totally own drax but you are not giving the other side of the story.Drax is immensly powerful esspecially if he has the power gem(which i'll assume he doesn't)and has stood up to some very powerful people like thanos and thor.

He can also fly and just shoot wolvie with his power cosmic.That would be cheap but so is the argument about wolverine killing him with a nick to the right spot.Don't pull that kind of thing up unless he uses that kind of thing like gamora does.

You also seem to forget that drax has very good durability and can take tons of hit from a lot of people.Has wolverine ever been flown through a sun and survived?Has he ever been blasted(he was holding back though)by the SS.

You are pulling up some valid arguments about wolverine but you need to show what makes wolvie more powerful then drax.Drax has not much speed feats and almost no skill feats and wolvie(to my knowledge)doesn't use many feats either.

BRB gotta eat dinner.

Ah, but you are thinking of the old incarnation of Drax the Destroyer, not his current version and they aren't the same beast I'm am afraid. He is practicly a completely different character now than he was before. He lakes flight or any form of ranged ability outside of guns, which he does use from time to now (that alone should give you an idea on how different he is now from how he used to be). The best way I could discribe him for some one who hasn't been reading Annihliation, WoK, Nova or GoG is this, imagine a character who's attributes are a mirror image of the Thing (only less durable) and his personality is the same as the Wolverine.

Black bolt z
When did he get changed from dumb drax?
Also I am planning to get annihliation next time I go to a comci store.

People who would eat drax alive have no hope of replicating that feat either, because it was a one time only plot device. He wasnt designed to be the ultimate killer, he was designed to kill thanos and he managed to kill thanos because specific 'cheat codes' were built into his design, not because he's that good, he is nowhere near.

Black bolt z
Drax is near thanos level but is not equal to it.You are right about being the thanos heart rip being built into his design.

Drax is near thanos level but is not equal to it.You are right about being the thanos heart rip being built into his design.

Current drax is a street leveler that lives in space, he is not even close to being a herald. Nowhere near it in fact.

Enyalus
Drax is near thanos level but is not equal to it..
Not really. Drax is about high-meta.

Black bolt z
Once again:
When did he get changed from dumb drax?
Also I am planning to get annihliation next time I go to a comci store.

Enyalus
Once again:
Drax the Destroyer, a 4-issue prelude to Annihilation...2005.

dmills
@753,

Where is it said on panel that that was a Thanos specific technique? Don't get me wrong, it's reasonable to surmise, but not conclusive. IIRC didn't he do it to Magus?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Enyalus
Drax the Destroyer, a 4-issue prelude to Annihilation...2005. Thanks

Drax wins 6-7/10

OneDumbG0
@753,

Where is it said on panel that that was a Thanos specific technique? Don't get me wrong, it's reasonable to surmise, but not conclusive. IIRC didn't he do it to Magus? Forgot about this myself. Him ripping out Magus' heart was very, very, very impressive.

srankmissingnin
@753,

Where is it said on panel that that was a Thanos specific technique? Don't get me wrong, it's reasonable to surmise, but not conclusive. IIRC didn't he do it to Magus?

Yes but it worked on Thanos, and it didn't work on Magus. It worked on Thanos because of that bio-aura that Drax started emitting as he got close to Thanos that seemed to counter act the Mad Titans abilities. He didn't have that when he tried it on Magus, hence his attack failed. Quite frankly, having his heart ripped out shouldn't have effected Thanos any more than it did Magus, I mean... ripping a heart out isn't even enough to ko Wolverine, so clearly there was something else in play.

@753,

Never stated on panel, I believe. But to me, it is the only reasonable explanation and sufficiently backed up by the art and the whole trama of the story. i mean he may have the strengh to rip people's hearts sure, but the thing was that he cut through all of thanos defenses like nothing and the coloured auras showed he was reacting to thanos presence specifically.

Havent read the magus deal yet.

dmills
@Shrank,
That was because Magus didn't have a heart or some shite wasn't it?

@753
For all we know he's could be amping. Not that it's extremly relevant to this battle, but I'm just sayin'.

dmills
I think that death appearing to Thanos was her signal to him that she was removing her ban. His time was up. It's just a guess on my part but, Nova my be her new pet project.

srankmissingnin
@Shrank,
That was because Magus didn't have a heart or some shite wasn't it?

@753
For all we know he's could be amping. Not that it's extremly relevant to this battle, but I'm just sayin'.

He had one he just didn't need it because he is magic and junk.

I think that death appearing to Thanos was her signal to him that she was removing her ban. His time was up. It's just a guess on my part but, Nova my be her new pet project.

I thought phyla vell became the new death champion through the machinations of oblivion

further evidence on how killing thanos was simpy drax thing comes from the dialogue he has with maelstorm in limbo who tells him that he is a champion of life, created to destroy the champions of death or something like that

Black bolt z
What comic is oblivion in?

What comic is oblivion in?

oblivion is an abstract that represents non-existence, he appears from time to time in cosmic type titles like guardians of the galaxy and dr strange

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
oblivion is an abstract that represents non-existence, he appears from time to time in cosmic type titles like guardians of the galaxy and dr strange I know who he is i'm asking for a specific comic that he's in.

I know who he is i'm asking for a specific comic that he's in.

he doesnt have a title, he makes brief appearances in cosmic titles

Black bolt z
I know do you know of a comic that he appears in?

I know do you know of a comic that he appears in?

read the current guardians of the galaxy series

Black bolt z
kk

dmills
@753

Yeah. I was just saying that because of how Thanos and Lady Death appeared fo Nova after he killed Annihilus. Maybe they just showed up to give him props.

@753

Yeah. I was just saying that because of how Thanos and Lady Death appeared fo Nova after he killed Annihilus. Maybe they just showed up to give him props.

yeah, that and to see annihilus go and the whole thing ending

darthgoober
Yeah but wasn't Ronan mostly meleeing her? I don't really remember him using the abilities of Universal Weapon very effectively in that fight. Ronan himself is only about class 75-80 or there abouts in his armor, so Gamora hanging with him in a slugfest is right in the parameters of her attributes. As to why Ronan didn't just selectively disable the gravity around Gamora and finish her off while she was floating helplessly? I don't know? Maybe Thor taught him to use his abilities in the least effective way possible? /shrug

There is about three or four of those little exchanges spread out over Infinity War, not sure about the issues though. I just clearly remember seeing it slightly different in a few panels in several different books across that event.
Ah but it being mostly melee is the REASON it's an example of her fighting outside her weightclass via skill. Not that he didn't try more exotic stuff though, off the top of my I know he opened the ground to drop her in lava, stuck her in some kind of paralization/stasis field, used area effect energy attacks, and it seems like there was some other stuff I'm forgetting about.

From what I've seen of the fight(and I went looking when I was working on Gamora's respect thread) the fight went down just as I said, he grabbed her from behind and then he and Heather each held one arm while Strong Guy KO'd her. I don't think I've ever seen a panel that depicted him actually doing anything to her other than grabbing her from behind.

terrax is literally the cosmic rhino...he beats himself half the time
And if he'd beaten himself in his fight with Gamora it WOULDN'T be impressive. But he didn't, so it is...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.