Eclipse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TxG
release date june 20th 2010 so anyway this is the one i have been most looking forward to so far in seeing Victoria is back along with a fresh brand of new vampires she uses as an army to exact her revenge on the cullens also bella makes her choice between Edward and Jacob.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab92/TwilightxGirl28/3539304508_88f9c00a22.jpg

MildPossession
Have they turned it into lord of the rings...

TxG
lol idk but yeah Rachel lefeur the one in that poster has been replaced as victoria and to be honest i don't like look of the one who they have chosen to replace her with.

Seth and Leah clearwater have been cast -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmbTHcZBlcY

K.Diddy
erm I will probably get shot for admitting this,but I saw Twilight found it quite lame,then my ex girlfriend dragged me to ''new moon'' and I found it kinda enjoyable

MildPossession
The teaser trailer is out already if you haven't seen it. Go look.

TxG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2HIda5wSVU

TxG
dunno if it worked it's not showing on my screen here is the teaser trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2HIda5wSVU

Bardock42
Well, from the teaser it is obviously going to be up to the standards set out by the previous installments.

TxG
I didn't like Twilight the first one tbh none of them looked comfotable in their roles. New moon was much better and Eclipse will be even better though again not sure I'm going to be keen on the new victoria we'll see. Also I only they haven't rushed the filming especially not long after New Moon.

Mr. Rhythmic
God, this looks bad. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the franchise in general. The books are so poorly written and are poor influences to kids, and the movies are just plain bad.

Bardock42
What I'm looking forward to is Breaking Dawn, I hope they make it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by MildPossession
Have they turned it into lord of the rings... Considering LOTR sucks ass, K.

pattypatty2010
Sadly the movies have been a little lack luster if you've actually read the books. It's become more of an obsession with the looks of the lead characters than the quality of the acting. Twilight was great but new moon was lame, and if that's any indication eclipse will probably suck.

steverules_2
Its gonna suck just like the rest of 'em glare

Robtard
Is this going to be where the wolf-boy falls in love with an infant, or is that in another book?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Is this going to be where the wolf-boy falls in love with an infant, or is that in another book? That's the one after.

RocasAtoll
I still can't believe the guy who made 30 Days of Night is directing this.

Tired-Hiker
I just finished that book, it's still fresh in my head. I'm so glad this movie is coming out so soon, I wouldn't have imagined it. I'm about to read the last book, omg I'm going to pee myself!!!

akmml
ajskashaksahskhahjahjahs

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
I just finished that book, it's still fresh in my head. I'm so glad this movie is coming out so soon, I wouldn't have imagined it. I'm about to read the last book, omg I'm going to pee myself!!! Teehee you like gay vampires.

queeq
TWilight was very mediocre, New Moon a terrible drag... I wonder how much worse these mushy, slow and uneventful movies can get.

Tired-Hiker
You should probably stop watching them.

Tired-Hiker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Teehee you like gay vampires.

I did not realize you were a vampire. haermm

queeq
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
You should probably stop watching them.

Maybe I should. I kinda enjoyed the first book... was quite repetitious. Then I saw the first movie and I noticed how manu opportunties they missed to make the story exciting as a film. All in all, there was nothing really special about it, except that it made me laugh for how bad it was at times.
So a new director at the helm, maybe he gets it better. But no.... slow slow slow slow... drag drag drag drag... and very little happens. apart from that the story is extremely unbalanced, unclear and undeveloped... Too bad, the key elements are there.

Blue Wiccan
not holding much out for this unless they up the rating not likely gunna happen though it would makes the fight scenes between victoria and her new vampires taking on the vege cullens and the wolves a little better. But grr gunna be blah with jacob and bella and edward again.

TxG
the new victoria is being played by Bryce Dalllas Howard - she played Gwen Stacy in spiderman 3

TxG
and here is another pic - lol for some reason i had to laugh when i saw this

steverules_2
The only way I would watch this would be if I found out that they all get hit by a nuke and die and then thats it...thats the movie

TxG
Here is the second trailer for eclipse if you have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CScK6D3KROM

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
God, this looks bad. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the franchise in general. The books are so poorly written and are poor influences to kids, and the movies are just plain bad.

Yeah, having the two main characters be virgins and wait till marriage is DEFINITELY a bad influence on kids.

no expression

Having the main vampires be "good" by resisting their urge to kill people and be good is DEFINITELY a bad influence on kids.

Vinity
i saw the first two and absolutely love them,i cant wait to see Eclipse!
my favorite character is Jacob!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Vinity
i saw the first two and absolutely love them,i cant wait to see Eclipse!
my favorite character is Jacob!

lol!

Blue Wiccan
From the looks of the trailer the action will only be about 5 mins and the rest will be bella/edward/jacob saga. Also wtf and i the only one who finds the volturi boring besides edward/jacob/bella miss no expression and that awkward pausing thing she got going on.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blue Wiccan
From the looks of the trailer the action will only be about 5 mins and the rest will be bella/edward/jacob saga. Also wtf and i the only one who finds the volturi boring besides edward/jacob/bella miss no expression and that awkward pausing thing she got going on.

The Vulturi are my favorite part of Twilight, for real. I love Aro's character.

I love the live action portrayal of him even better.

TxG
Same i like Aro as well in the books and the film the one who played him can't think of his name now he has very strange eyes lol. XD

dadudemon
Michael Sheen is his name. Played Aro. Good actor, imo. I like him.

Bardock42
I, as well, think that the Vulturi are the best and most interesting part of the Twillight Saga. In the movies I kind of liked Bella's dad. Also Jaspers face and hair.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I, as well, think that the Vulturi are the best and most interesting part of the Twillight Saga.

I want some more backstory. Why do they look fragile/glassy? Does this happen to all elder vamps? What are the origins of vamps, period?

I'm reading book 4, right now, so I may get some of those questions answered.

I like the Underworld mythos MUCH better than Twilight....which is part of the reason I liked seeing Sheen play an Elder vamp (despite it being a traitor to his werewolf origins in underworld).

Sadly, Twilight vamps are >>>>>underworld vamps. sad

Blue Wiccan
Fragile I woudn't say that cause their older. The theory is newborn vamps are more stronger because that still a lot of fresh human blood in them and their eyes are crimson for the first year and after that if their diet is vegetarian they have a golden colour and if they are not vegetarian they they have red. I don't get the whole sparkly when in the sun....Vampires don't sparkle period! they shoudn't even be in daylight.

Blue Wiccan
What the deal with the new bloods coming outta the water is it meant to be creepy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blue Wiccan
Fragile I woudn't say that cause their older. The theory is newborn vamps are more stronger because that still a lot of fresh human blood in them and their eyes are crimson for the first year and after that if their diet is vegetarian they have a golden colour and if they are not vegetarian they they have red. I don't get the whole sparkly when in the sun....Vampires don't sparkle period! they shoudn't even be in daylight.

Actually, the "fragility" of the Ancients was explained in book 4.

The Ancients look old from sitting around and not moving for very long periods of time.

The Romanians are not as "Fragile" looking as the Volturi because they were "saved" from the sedentary lifestyle when overthrown by the Volturi.

TxG
Not long to wait now.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TxG
Not long to wait now.

yeah i will be seeing this on monday night at a screening

dadudemon
Originally posted by TxG
Not long to wait now.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yeah i will be seeing this on monday night at a screening

I'll be seeing this with my wife, sisters, mother, and 3 of my sister-in-laws, on July 2nd.

I refuse to attend the Twilight pre-viewing party at my sister-in-law's, beforehand, though. no expression

Blue Wiccan
Some people are crackers and camping out for the premiere of it just to see Rob pattinson and his irritating gf.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'll be seeing this with my wife, sisters, mother, and 3 of my sister-in-laws, on July 2nd.

I refuse to attend the Twilight pre-viewing party at my sister-in-law's, beforehand, though. no expression

shouldn't that be fun times though? stick out tongue

dadudemon
shouldn't that be fun times though? stick out tongue

It would be fun for the girls, for sure. But, it's just too gay for me, man. lol!

Rogue Jedi

no expression

jinXed by JaNx
first movie was ok but new moon was blah blah teenage angst im a vampire with all the super power gifts in the world, i can live forever or choose to fall in love and die when i choose, otherwise im an invincible killing machine with a heart of gold...,PITY ME!!!!!

Rogue Jedi
**** being a vampire. Cant eat food, cant sleep, nah. Live forever? Yeah, sounds cool, but talk to me after 3-400 years when you are bored outta your mind. And when you are finally killed, you burn.

But yeah it's cool and shit.

dadudemon
**** being a vampire. Cant eat food, cant sleep, nah. Live forever? Yeah, sounds cool, but talk to me after 3-400 years when you are bored outta your mind. And when you are finally killed, you burn.

But yeah it's cool and shit.

I'd prefer it, greatly.

No need to sleep.

No need to workout.

No need to adjust where you're sitting or standing because you wouldn't get uncomfortable.

Super strength. Super speed. Super hearing. Super smelling. Prolly super taste.

Never die.

Sounds good to me.

I'd spend the rest of my life studying, writing music, and writing movies/stories. I'd learn how to play every instrument. All of the insomnia that I already have...but none of the side-effects!

Oh, and, I could have sex all night and not have a hurting weiner the next day. no expression

Rogue Jedi
I'd prefer it, greatly.

No need to sleep. Think about that, seriously.

So if a fatass is bit, he's a fatass for eternity. Fail.

Lame.

Horrid breath. Can't go out in the sun. Your soul is damn for all of eternity.

You'd get bored with life after a few hundred years, fact.

Being a vampire would suck.

I'd become a modern day Van Helsing and kill you. Not even kidding there.

dadudemon
Think about that, seriously.
I don't need to. I don't sleep much, now, as it is. Not NEEDING to sleep would be great.

So if a fatass is bit, he's a fatass for eternity. Fail.

The only problem with that: Edward has big muscles: he was changed when he was frail, depleted, and about to die from a horrible fever.

Besides, you seem to have missed the point entirely: we are talking about me. no expression

Lame.

Right...because never being uncomfortable when sitting down is lame. Gotcha. facepalm

Horrid breath. Can't go out in the sun. Your soul is damn for all of eternity.

Wrong vampires.

Awesome breath...always. Can go into the sun as much as you want as long as it's not in front of "non-knowers", and your soul is only damned if you did something wrong.

no expression

You'd get bored with life after a few hundred years, fact.

Because that's been proven not only for one person, not just for many, but for me, specifically. Wait, it hasn't...for any of the above. Fail.

I'm bored now, doodoo face!

Being a vampire would suck.

All of your counters suck. You don't even know how to counter never getting uncomfortable from sitting too long.

You mixed up vampire mythos, to boot.

I'd become a modern day Van Helsing and kill you. Not even kidding there.

You wouldn't because your bullets and/or blades wouldn't work on my body. You forget: we aren't talking about weakling, nasty, stinky vamps: we are talking about super-powered emo vamps.

I'd really want to be like Alucard, though. He'd pwn the shit out of any vampire, ever.

Rogue Jedi
I don't need to. I don't sleep much, now, as it is. Not NEEDING to sleep would be great. I love sleeping.

Um....In the movies he's a skinny little shit.

So just standing around.......one position......wow, cool.

Awesome breath? Day after day of ingesting blood and your breath is awesome? Not.

I see, you'd be one of the Twifags. Figures. Sparkly little *****.

It all sounds cool on the surface, but seriously, think about it. You'd watch your wife and kids grow old and die, everyone you love would die, you think you could handle that?

Yes huh I do. Bewbz. HA.

How? Vampires are damned creatures. Edward even implied it, Twiboy.

crylaugh You'd be a Twivamp haermm

I'd hire Akasha to kill you.

Except Akasha. And the rest of the Anne Rice vamps.

You do realize it would take centuries for you to attain that power, yeah?

That ACDC Chick
the drive in is doing a midnight showing of Eclipse, and my mom's like, "maybe we should go"
luckily... its on a Tuesday and my dad would never agree haermm

Rogue Jedi
I got a question about the Twivamps. If someone could somehow get a bullet past their skin, through their skull, into their brain, would they be killed?

TxG
no the only way to kill a twilight vamp is by ripping them apart and burning the pieces

Here's a nice little clip of the volturi watching the newborns causing mayhem and having a discussion about what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3snQZIaR6CI

dadudemon
I love sleeping.

I don't. I hate not being productful for 3-8 hours a day.

I could increase my life-span by almost a third if I didn't have to sleep. Do you realize how much you could do if everyone had to sleep but you didn't need it and couldn't do it?

Um....In the movies he's a skinny little shit.

Indeed, he is. But that doesn't change the fact that he went from being weeks on his death bed, with a horrible fever to a full, muscled up, romance book hero-type, though. I think you're confusing this for the movie versus thread: the book is a higher authority than the movie, regardless of the location, unless it's a versus forum.

Regardless, "that" aspect is rather consistent when people are turned so I think it's actually a trait of being "turned" rather than a plot hole. It always makes the person much more beautiful and increased their "musculature", heals wounds, and cleans out major blemishes. It basically, puts you into your peak physical-looking form, when you change. It would make sense that that is why Edwards is a muscular person rather than a weak frail looking person look he should look based on the strict interpretation that you and I were using, earlier.

So, in other words, I keep my muscles, increase my muscles size a little, and lose all this excess fat. HOORAY!

So just standing around.......one position......wow, cool.

Right, cause having to adjust your position every 2-5 minutes because your limbs are falling asleep or you have joint problems is sooooo very awesome, right? LAME!

You're just arguing against it to argue against it, now.

Awesome breath? Day after day of ingesting blood and your breath is awesome? Not.

I see, you'd be one of the Twifags. Figures. Sparkly little *****.

Yeah, that's really how it works. In fact, Bella said that Edward's breath smelled even sweeter right after he hunted. Go figure, eh?

And, yeah, I'd definitely want to be a Twilight Vamp. You don't have to be an emo f*g to see how awesome having those traits would be.

It's just like every other vampire mythos, cept better in almost every way.

It all sounds cool on the surface, but seriously, think about it. You'd watch your wife and kids grow old and die, everyone you love would die, you think you could handle that?

How in the world would that happen when I turned them to vamps, too? AHA!

I'd be just like Bella and have the ability of ultra control over my vampiric urges.

Yes huh I do. Bewbz. HA.

Okay, that IS a good counter. hmm

How? Vampires are damned creatures. Edward even implied it, Twiboy.
Only Edward believes that. No other main-character vampire does. In fact, the main character, Bella, does not believe that.

crylaugh You'd be a Twivamp haermm

I'd hire Akasha to kill you.

Akasha would die before her ultra-heightened senses could even interpret what had just happened

Except Akasha. And the rest of the Anne Rice vamps.

You do realize it would take centuries for you to attain that power, yeah?

Fraid not, homie. Akasha doesn't even compare, even remotely, to Alucard. Alucard could take on all of the Rice vamps, at once, and not even have to do level 0 release.

I got a question about the Twivamps. If someone could somehow get a bullet past their skin, through their skull, into their brain, would they be killed?

I already answered this question for you. It's in both the first movie and in the books.

Rogue Jedi
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatever. You're gonna burn if you are a vampire.

Rogue Jedi
I don't. I hate not being productful for 3-8 hours a day.

I could increase my life-span by almost a third if I didn't have to sleep. Do you realize how much you could do if everyone had to sleep but you didn't need it and couldn't do it? You'd get bored. Seriously, as your wife gets older, and kids get older, and eventually die, think about how you'd react.

Being a vampire is not "cool", it's lame.

This is a movie forum, go to the book forum if you wanna talk books.

Ed is a skinny little emo *****. case closed.

I guess that comes in handy if you wanna sit there and watch the grass grow.

Mhm, I call bullshit. Not doubting she said that, but you seriously think that'd be he case?

Burn in hell, you would.

No it's not, not if we are talking power. Khayman could kick the shit outta any twilight vampire.

Ah, so you'd condemn them to hell too? Nice. thumb up

Sure you would.

Bewbz is non debatable.

Wrong. Carlisle said it in New Moon.

Nah, she'd fry them all from thousands of feet away. Pwned.

Right, if she burned him to ashes, he'd be fine? Doubt it. Scatter the ashes, HA!!!!!

No you didnt. You posted an opinion.

Rogue Jedi
If someone willingly becomes a vampire, likely they go to hell, IMO.

Take Louis, for example, he had a choice, he chose vampirism, he's going to hell. Lestat? Well, he was never given a choice. IF he had never fed off a human, IF he had fed only on animals AND helped people with his vampiric powers, he likely goes to heaven.

Question is, would you turn your family against their will? Would you force it upon them?

Placidity

Take Louis, for example, he had a choice, he chose vampirism, he's going to hell. Lestat? Well, he was never given a choice. IF he had never fed off a human, IF he had fed only on animals AND helped people with his vampiric powers, he likely goes to heaven.

According to what?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
According to what? I dunno how religious you are, but would you agree that a mortal getting to heaven depends on their actions and the decisions they make in this life?

dadudemon
You'd get bored. Seriously, as your wife gets older, and kids get older, and eventually die, think about how you'd react.

I would not get bored, my wife and my children wouldn't die, either.

Being a vampire is not "cool", it's lame.

Being a vampire is cool, it's not lame.

This is a movie forum, go to the book forum if you wanna talk books.

Ed is a skinny little emo *****. case closed.

The actor selected to portray Edward is skinny, sure, but the cannon character is not. And, no, the book can and will be discussed in the movie thread. This is a book to movie adaptation. If you want to exclude book comparisons to the movie, inside of the movie thread, then you need to start your own forum and make that rule.

I guess that comes in handy if you wanna sit there and watch the grass grow.

I was think of more pratical things like, say, watching a movie, playing video games, reading a book, drawing, sculpting, playing an instrument. But, if you want to watch the grass grow, you sure can! big grin You wouldn't get uncomfortable doing that.

Mhm, I call bullshit. Not doubting she said that, but you seriously think that'd be he case?

So, we are talking about being fictional creatures with fictional traits...and you're "pretending" the the "pretend" traits are not correct? Didn't you just "pretend" that you would use your uber "comfortable" ability to sit and watch grass grow? So why is it so hard to "pretend" for a bit that another ability is having great breath as part of your basic traits? You know...traits that "nature" selected so you could prey on humans. no expression

Burn in hell, you would.

Right, because your genetics determine where you'd go at judgment day. Wait, they don't? OMG! Really?

And, because I know you won't get that: Twilight vampires are like they are due to a major genetic change. They have 25 chromosomal pairs, not 23, like humans do. That extra genetic material gives them their vampiric traits/abilities/gifts.

What would determine if a Vampire goes to hell, pretending that they would exist, is them killing another human for food...and that's still a big if. Just pretending for a moment, if there was a creature out there, like a Twivamp, then they very well could have a different set of rules than a human. They would be designed, by God, to prey and eat humans. It would be the same as killing a cow for a burger. So, even if you preyed on humans, that wouldn't be killing: that'd be operating the way God intended it.

Regardless, I'd still feast on animals. no expression

No it's not, not if we are talking power. Khayman could kick the shit outta any twilight vampire.

No she wouldn't. That's just more twi-hate coming from you. I've already explained to you how she couldn't do jack, even if she wanted to.

Ah, so you'd condemn them to hell too? Nice. thumb up

No, none of them would be condemned to hell. Twivamps are not vamp because they give into some demonic force at a satanic worship session, like other vampire mythos. They are vamps due to a genetic change, not becoming a child of the damned.

Sure you would.

Glad you agree.

Bewbz is non debatable.

Indeed. The only reply can be motorboats.

Wrong. Carlisle said it in New Moon.

Wrong. Carlisle did not say it in New Moon. Carlisle said that Edward believed that. You need to either

a) Re-watch New Moon.

or even better

b) Read New Moon.

Nah, she'd fry them all from thousands of feet away. Pwned.

You're tooooootally right: twivamps don't have shield types at all.

Right, if she burned him to ashes, he'd be fine? Doubt it. Scatter the ashes, HA!!!!!

The only problem is: how is she supposed to burn him to ashes when she can't burn him to ashes?

It'd be like taking a butter knife to a flawless diamond.

No you didnt. You posted an opinion.

It's not my opinion, it's a fact from both the books and the movies. erm

You've been told that already.

Again, none of your post did anything for you. None of your arguments are correct, either.

You've only further proven why you're wrong.

dadudemon

Question is, would you turn your family against their will? Would you force it upon them?

Wrong mythos, wrong thread. If you want to talk about Rice vampires, make a thread for their movies or books in the correct forums.

This i sthe thread about Eclipse, the movie.

And, I think you know the answer to your question. I should ask you: why would I force them to be vampires? Why would they chose not to be a vampire? (Other than your lame, incorrect, short-sighted reasons.)

I dunno how religious you are, but would you agree that a mortal getting to heaven depends on their actions and the decisions they make in this life?

Right, so choosing to live longer and heed the parable of the talents to the max, is definitely a way to prove to God your worthiness, then. Glad that's settled.

Rogue Jedi

Dave_97
Spoiler aleart!

Dumbledore dies at the end of eclipse.

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi

Robtard
You would get bored. Think about this:

There are no more languages to learn. There are no more places to visit. There are no more instruments to master. All that you wanted to accomplish you have accomplished, and then some, there is literally nothing new for you. What then?

You become a space-vampire, exploring the final frontier, while glowing in the sunlight like some pansy.

Rogue Jedi
You become a space-vampire, exploring the final frontier, while glowing in the sunlight like some pansy. Dammit....Pwned by logic.

Robtard
I'd say that's my idea and no one else can touch it, but space vampires have already been done, a few times too.

Rogue Jedi
I dont even wanna know.

Robtard
I dont even wanna know.

Most are horrible B-movies, but Lifeforce (1985) is a decent Sci-Fi about vampires from space.

Yes, I will.

Rogue Jedi
Will what?

Rogue Jedi
haermm

1glNuQiE77E

dadudemon

Rogue Jedi
Wow. So much for leaving it be. You just couldn't leave it be, could you?

Have it, dude. You need it more than I do. ****ing sad, man.

BTW: Arrogance, pride, chip on the shoulder, guys, see?

dadudemon

dadudemon
Wow. So much for leaving it be. You just couldn't leave it be, could you?

Have it, dude. You need it more than I do. ****ing sad, man.

BTW: Arrogance, pride, chip on the shoulder, guys, see?
I did in the other thread, but only because I already pwned you enough and there was no need for circles.

Here's something for you: prove that shield types exist in Rice's universe.

Edit - I just realized why you are pretending to give up on this: I thoroughly trashed your points.

And, I'd appreciate it if you left out the personal attacks, like that.

Rogue Jedi
Take it here, bro: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t533607.html

If you dare. I know you won't because you know you'll be crushed.

dadudemon
Take it here, bro: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t533607.html

If you dare. I know you won't because you know you'll be crushed.

I did. I just pwned the thread sooooooo hard, man.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this film on Friday. Rotten Tomatoes didn't give it that bad of a score: 66%.

TxG
Here's a featurette for eclipse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfsUZJak53A

BruceSkywalker
Eclipse has already made $92.8 million..

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEpu2suq7eFysr

dadudemon
Saw the film. Wasn't bad.

I give it a 6 out of 10.

They made things so much crappier than in the book. The second film did so much better at making the Vampires seem so much better than humans, physically, but the second made them just seem a tad better, but extremely fragile, like glass.

I really liked the story flash backs. I didn't expect that much of the flash backs to be put in to the movie, as that shit is usually skimped on.

Some of the acting was horrendous. At other points, it was surprisingly good.

Still, the film leaves something to be desired.

There are some humorous moments with Charlie (Bella's father), and Jacob. I thought they did good with the "birds and the bees" scene, from the book. It translated even better into the movie, than I expected.

Jacob acted too much like a f*g...in just about everything he did.

Every five seconds, the theater was "ooo" and "ahhh" over Jacob's nakedness. It got old and annoying. I'm sure all the women walked out with juicy crotches. facepalm

Anyway, if you can stand the moments when the acting is horrible, then it's definitely worth a watch. If that type of shit is not something you can tolerate, steer clear. I suggest most people could watch it and at least be slightly entertained.

Edit - I hated the ultra-closeup to the face that the director had going on. That was annoying.

Placidity
I dunno how religious you are, but would you agree that a mortal getting to heaven depends on their actions and the decisions they make in this life?

I see you and some others have already had a 'discussion' on this, but I'll just simply say that assuming you are basing this on Christianity - regarding Catholics, you'll need to accept the gospel and do 'good deeds' (what you call actions and decisions) etc; regarding Protestantism, only accepting the gospel is necessary.

Also, about Edward thinking he has no soul, again if we are going by Christian beliefs, what he is saying is impossible. His body is animated by his soul.

BruceSkywalker
saw Eclipse earlier, I give a solid 8/10...

only thing i hated were these 20yr. old women were swooning constantly every time taylor lautner had his shirt off

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
I see you and some others have already had a 'discussion' on this, but I'll just simply say that assuming you are basing this on Christianity - regarding Catholics, you'll need to accept the gospel and do 'good deeds' (what you call actions and decisions) etc; regarding Protestantism, only accepting the gospel is necessary.

Also, about Edward thinking he has no soul, again if we are going by Christian beliefs, what he is saying is impossible. His body is animated by his soul. He's still gay.

dadudemon
saw Eclipse earlier, I give a solid 8/10...

only thing i hated were these 20yr. old women were swooning constantly every time taylor lautner had his shirt off

laughing laughing laughing

That's EXACTLY what happened where I was.

Anyway, I have a good story to tell of my experience there.

To start, I was sitting down in front, four rows back from the very front. (If RJ ever visits, I'll take him to this theater so he knows what I'm talking about.)

Before our viewing, one of the movie theater employees stood up in front of the theater and gave a "pep-talk" speech before the show. He did what you'd expect: thanked people for coming, talked up the movie, and went over rules about cell-phones. He then had a "cheer" vote for favorite character. He said, "let's hear it for team Jacob!" Then the girls would scream. "Let's hear it for team Edwards!" Then more screaming.

Well, after he did that a couple of times, I stood up, turned around to the audience, and yelled, in a pitiful and sad voice, "team Carlisle...wooooooooo... sad " I sat down, all down trodden (just joking, of course) The theater busted up and the theater dude couldn't talk for a bit 'cause he was laughing so hard. It was great.

Anyway, when the movie was about to come on and the screen goes black and there's no sound at all for a good 10 seconds (you know, right after all of the previews, but right before the feature starts), I made a loud, but realistic, fart sound with my mouth. laughing

The theater busted up laughing again.

My wife was sooooooo embarrassed, which made it waaaay funnier.

Oh man....

Good times.

Anyway, I think I gave the film a 7 out of 10. It certainly had better acting than the first two, but it still could have been better. I liked the fight at the end, but that could have been done WAAAY better.

That ACDC Chick
Well, after he did that a couple of times, I stood up, turned around to the audience, and yelled, in a pitiful and sad voice, "team Carlisle...wooooooooo... sad " I sat down, all down trodden (just joking, of course) The theater busted up and the theater dude couldn't talk for a bit 'cause he was laughing so hard. It was great.

Anyway, when the movie was about to come on and the screen goes black and there's no sound at all for a good 10 seconds (you know, right after all of the previews, but right before the feature starts), I made a loud, but realistic, fart sound with my mouth. laughing

The theater busted up laughing again..
you deserve a gold medal my goo man haermm

Robtard
No he doesn't; I think I also just saw his balls roll by.

Bardock42

To start, I was sitting down in front, four rows back from the very front. (If RJ ever visits, I'll take him to this theater so he knows what I'm talking about.)

Before our viewing, one of the movie theater employees stood up in front of the theater and gave a "pep-talk" speech before the show. He did what you'd expect: thanked people for coming, talked up the movie, and went over rules about cell-phones. He then had a "cheer" vote for favorite character. He said, "let's hear it for team Jacob!" Then the girls would scream. "Let's hear it for team Edwards!" Then more screaming.

Oh man....

Good times.

Anyway, I think I gave the film a 7 out of 10. It certainly had better acting than the first two, but it still could have been better. I liked the fight at the end, but that could have been done WAAAY better.

If we ever meet, remind me not to go to the cinema with you.

dadudemon
If we ever meet, remind me not to go to the cinema with you.

I'm quite during the movie, for sure. It's just the before part is really boring so I have to entertain myself.

Which brings me to another point: internet trolls are lame. Trolling people in real life, in person, is much more fun. It gives the trollee a chance to knock you the **** out if you go over the line. big grin

filminizle
Teehee you like gay vampires.

laughing laughing

eyoung
The scoop on "Eclipse" movie cast list for the romantic vampire/werewolf film starring Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner.

~Bun Bun~

Oh man....

Good times.

Ha that's awesome!!

When I went they did the same thing. Cheer for your team. And when it was all quite after the Harry Potter preview I stood up and was like "WOOOO TEAM WIZARD BITCHES" I got laughs and woo's... yeah it was awesome.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
Ha that's awesome!!

When I went they did the same thing. Cheer for your team. And when it was all quite after the Harry Potter preview I stood up and was like "WOOOO TEAM WIZARD BITCHES" I got laughs and woo's... yeah it was awesome.

You did that?

That's what COOL people do!

laughing

~Bun Bun~
You did that?

That's what COOL people do!

laughing

Haha yupp! I may be shyish but, i have my moments wink

Harry potter brings that out in me teehee

dadudemon
Hey, Bardock42, you should go to a movie with Bun Bun and I. happy

~Bun Bun~
That'd be fun Happy Dance

queeq
Well, it's still boring but this was the leats boring one of the three so far. The little flashbacks were a welcome interruption of the boring love triangle scenes. How can one screw up on a love traingle story??? They're supposed to be full of conflict... here all we get is worried looks...

Anyway, one more to go and then it's all over.

Bardock42
This one wasn't as bad as the second one. It was about the same as the first I thought. Kristin Stewart is just a terrible, terrible actress, she ruins every scene she is in and she's in almost every scene. A big problem I have with Stephenie Meyer is that she always hints at very interesting things, in this case we saw a few glimpses of that, but then she focuses on the two perhaps most dull characters ever conceived. I enjoyed Jasper's backstory, I enjoyed Jasper's and Alice's playfulness. The hunting scene for Victoria was the high point of the movie for me, it was very good action and it was very interesting to see them hunt on the different sides.

Well, I am looking forward to see more of the Volturi and the relationship of the Cullens with the Wolves, I am not excited about more Bella/Edward shit, looking forward to the pedophilia though.

Wouldn't mind if they scrapped Breaking Dawn though and gave a decent writer the task of writing an interesting story set in the Twilight Universe...perhaps the Cullen's Merry Family Stories, in particular how their coven will develop in relation to the Volturi. I also have the perfect line to start it off with:

"It has been 3 years since Bella exploded...."

dadudemon
This one wasn't as bad as the second one. It was about the same as the first I thought. Kristin Stewart is just a terrible, terrible actress, she ruins every scene she is in and she's in almost every scene. A big problem I have with Stephenie Meyer is that she always hints at very interesting things, in this case we saw a few glimpses of that, but then she focuses on the two perhaps most dull characters ever conceived. I enjoyed Jasper's backstory, I enjoyed Jasper's and Alice's playfulness. The hunting scene for Victoria was the high point of the movie for me, it was very good action and it was very interesting to see them hunt on the different sides.

Well, I am looking forward to see more of the Volturi and the relationship of the Cullens with the Wolves, I am not excited about more Bella/Edward shit, looking forward to the pedophilia though.

Wouldn't mind if they scrapped Breaking Dawn though and gave a decent writer the task of writing an interesting story set in the Twilight Universe...perhaps the Cullen's Merry Family Stories, in particular how their coven will develop in relation to the Volturi. I also have the perfect line to start it off with:

"It has been 3 years since Bella exploded...."

That sounds like the intro to a porno, Bardy.

Bardock42
That sounds like the intro to a porno, Bardy. Would still be better

Robtard
Would still be better

How about if Edward and Bella were limited to saying:

Edward: "I'm so gay for you."
Bella: "No, I'm so gay for you."
Edward" No, I'm so gay for you"

Back and forth, back and forth in their scenes together, with only an increase on the emphasis on "so" as the dailogue proceeds. Thoughts?

Rogue Jedi
How about if Edward and Bella were limited to saying:

Edward: "I'm so gay for you."
Edward" No, I'm so gay for you"

Back and forth, back and forth in their scenes together, with only an increase on the emphasis on "so" as the dailogue proceeds. Thoughts? DDM is gonna explode.

On a side note, I'd plow Bella six ways from sunday.

Robtard
Yeah, DDM likes that kind of stuff.

She looks like a terrible lay though; you'd probably gave more excitement stroking your own shaft.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, DDM likes that kind of stuff.

She looks like a terrible lay though; you'd probably gave more excitement stroking your own shaft. Gave to who? You?

Robtard
Gave to who? You?

Meant "have", 'G' and 'H' are side-by-side, was a typo.

Rogue Jedi
You sick sick bastard. You even said "side by side." SICK.

ADarksideJedi
My husband claims that it is really good.But not being a fan I am not about to go see it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
My husband claims that it is really good.But not being a fan I am not about to go see it. How would you become a fan if you didn't see it though?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.