Black Lantern Wonder Woman vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
What happens?

the ninjak
He can't die and he tears her in half!

Prep-Man
Then she can reform back.

the ninjak
Stalemate unless he molecules the Ring.

manx422
Black Lantern Wonder Woman

the ninjak
Just asking but would her artifacts reject her? Now that she is a zombie b####?
Would the lasso make her spaz out?

Prep-Man
Not sure. It didn't show in the arc, so who knows?

Q99
She didn't seem to use the lasso, but she did use her axe.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Omega Vision
Stalemate, though in a comic Sentry would probably get hit by a ring and become a BL given how many times he's died.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Stalemate, though in a comic Sentry would probably get hit by a ring and become a BL given how many times he's died. If he has reformed then he hasn't really died yet. Those powers only pertain to fallen dcu characters anyways.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
If he has reformed then he hasn't really died yet. Those powers only pertain to fallen dcu characters anyways.
Assuming a shared universe (or assuming Sentry were a DC character which would make this matchup make any kind of sense) it would work.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^I love how the rules of the DCU are automatically applied to Marvel characters in a shared Universe. Lady Death says piss off to Nekron, and says her dead, stay under her command. The things Johns are introducing are a bit of a mess. Life first began on Earth?

Dr. Light showed us that all you need is bright light and enough energy to kill Black Lanterns in the Justice League tie in. That's something Sentry has plenty off.

Lord_Talron
sentry rapes some ass here.

SevenShackles
sentry lets the frustrations of a trillion suns out all over her face.

http://a316.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_337cf0f8546f62cb99cccb2e0f0061f3.jpg
he even makes a cooler zombie.

JakeTheBank
Sentry...cool?

I...don't follow.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^I love how the rules of the DCU are automatically applied to Marvel characters in a shared Universe. Lady Death says piss off to Nekron, and says her dead, stay under her command. The things Johns are introducing are a bit of a mess. Life first began on Earth?

Dr. Light showed us that all you need is bright light and enough energy to kill Black Lanterns in the Justice League tie in. That's something Sentry has plenty off.

Neither Death nor Nekron has power over the other.

Mindset
Assuming a shared universe (or assuming Sentry were a DC character which would make this matchup make any kind of sense) it would work. A shared universe has nothing to do with what he said.

If Sentry never really dies, that wouldn't change in a shared universe.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
A shared universe has nothing to do with what he said.

If Sentry never really dies, that wouldn't change in a shared universe.
Dying for half a second really isn't any different from dying for an hour or 21 years (as in Barry's case). Besides there were times that Sentry stayed dead for longer than a split second. (The Morgan Lefay incident).

JakeTheBank
TBH, I think it all depends on what you, the reader, consider death. He was certainly incapacitated enough to count as a "death" in the forum sense (several times), but I'm personally unsure if he actually "died" in the sense that would make him a viable candidate for Black Lantern recruitment.

Mindset
Dying for half a second really isn't any different from dying for an hour or 21 years (as in Barry's case). Besides there were times that Sentry stayed dead for longer than a split second. (The Morgan Lefay incident). Right over your head.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
TBH, I think it all depends on what you, the reader, consider death. He was certainly incapacitated enough to count as a "death" in the forum sense (several times), but I'm personally unsure if he actually "died" in the sense that would make him a viable candidate for Black Lantern recruitment.
His body died when his wife hit him with the Kree pistol.

Mindset
So does Iceman die when his body is destroyed?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Sentry actually dies. His body is destroyed but he doesn't die. He seems beyond physical death.

Sentry's wife shot him with a Kree gun that blre his head off, and he comes back a few minutes later tops. Keep in mind that when he was shot it was ordinary, "I'm unsure of myself" Bob. If Bob doesn't want to stay down, nothing Diana can do will keep him down. At all. He can heal himself faster than she can hurt him. Plus his durability fluctuates on his mental state. If he doesn't want her to be able to hurt him she won't be able to even make Sentry blink in my opinion. Marvel Boy is a good example. In their next encounter his weapons were not doing jack shit to Sentry as I recall.

On top of everything at this point Sentry is Void for the most part. He takes this every time. Black Lantern's are just hard too kill. Not impossible. Someone like Norrin or Thor should be capable of it much less Sentry.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Neither Death nor Nekron has power over the other.

That's my point.

SevenShackles
what is wonderwoman really bringing to this fight that actually matters? whats she got that can give her the chance of taking down the sentry?

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by SevenShackles
what is wonderwoman really bringing to this fight that actually matters? whats she got that can give her the chance of taking down the sentry?

nicamarvin
So does Iceman die when his body is destroyed? Yes.... eek!

Rage.Of.Olympus
No he doesn't.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No he doesn't.

I was Kidding you sack of shit.. cool

Blanket
Originally posted by nicamarvin
I was Kidding you sack of shit.. cool This is your best, and likely only good post you're going to ever make

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
This is your best, and likely only good post you're going to ever make
QFT

nicamarvin
This is your best, and likely only good post you're going to ever make
I have plenty more from where that came from..Do you want some of it sack of shit.?

Blanket
I have plenty more from where that came from..Do you want some of it sack of shit.? I love being right.

nicamarvin
I love being GAY. ....naughty

Mindset
....naughty You like that?

Blanket
....naughty Still have standards, and your ass will not be pounded.

nicamarvin
You like that? ...no

the ninjak
Sentry is beyond BL recruitment I don't even think he is alive or dead anymore..... more like a god like genie who isn't aware of his potential yet. Particles held together by loose personalities.

Q99
Originally posted by SevenShackles

She has a magic axe that was used to kill Ares, at the least.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
She has a magic axe that was used to kill Ares, at the least.

And as a BL, she can also regenerate.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the ninjak
Sentry is beyond BL recruitment I don't even think he is alive or dead anymore..... more like a god like genie who isn't aware of his potential yet. Particles held together by loose personalities.

Yeah, he wouldn't need the ring. However, Diana would.

Harbinger
So Sentry is god like now? Good Lord.

quanchi112
His body died when his wife hit him with the Kree pistol. Flat out wrong.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Harbinger
So Sentry is god like now? Good Lord.

"God like"?

People assume he is god.

quanchi112
"God like"?

People assume he is god. Do you like the Sentry?

JakeTheBank
Do you like the Sentry?

I'm starting to get bored and frustrated with him, tbh.

I didn't really care for the way he was crammed into Marvel continuity nor have I really cared for the way he's been portrayed since his conception, but I wouldn't say I absolutely hate him as a character. He serves primarily to advance the plot in someway or another as do his powers which shift to fit Bendis' needs at the time.

Prep-Man
The only good thing about Sentry was his first series. That was pretty good. Now, it's just a mess.

quanchi112
I'm starting to get bored and frustrated with him, tbh.

I didn't really care for the way he was crammed into Marvel continuity nor have I really cared for the way he's been portrayed since his conception, but I wouldn't say I absolutely hate him as a character. He serves primarily to advance the plot in someway or another as do his powers which shift to fit Bendis' needs at the time. I actually didn't like his first series and liked his second run. I like bendis' take.

xJLxKing
Everyone died at least ones.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Everyone died at least ones. What?

kgkg
Originally posted by Harbinger
So Sentry is god like now? Good Lord. He has always been god like.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
He has always been god like. He has been described as such.

xJLxKing
He has been described as such.
Same with Superman.

Think about it. In DC, at least everyone died 2 times. From the top of my head, Parallax, Mxy, EJ, MM/FC, and probably more. In Marvel, Reed, and Thanos are responsible

nicamarvin
Everyone died at least ones. Except Juggernaut... cool

SevenShackles
in a flat out punching match who would win?

quanchi112
Same with Superman.

Think about it. In DC, at least everyone died 2 times. From the top of my head, Parallax, Mxy, EJ, MM/FC, and probably more. In Marvel, Reed, and Thanos are responsible Not in the same way as the Sentry. Sentry has reality manipulation powers and has the power of the Void while Superman is more or less Gladiator since t-vo is being ignored by the writers. Even then I have never seen Superman as formidable as the Void.

SevenShackles
void void void voide... all i hear in sentry fights, ppl should start putting void in the titles of these fights cuz it always boils down to void, his capability, mindset and blah blah. its a shame but void is more a character than the normal ol sentry even can be it seems. why dont we just call him the void and cut the bullshit lol.
sentry = punch things hard or throw it into the sun.
void = reality warping, god ripping son of a *****.

btw didnt BL wonderwoman use her lasso on mera? i thought i saw that not sure so im asking. if so she can use it here tis all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.